[CDrama] Legend Of The Condor Heroes (2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

[CDrama] Legend Of The Condor Heroes (2007)

Post by Miaka FY » Jun 13th, '06, 21:29

Everyone one know what it's Condor Heroes ..but seem now they make a new version again with a popular actors !!!
Because Return of Condor heroes 2006 was really popular ...they make a other remake with Hu Ge [Xian Jian, Tian Wai Fei Xian], Ariel Lin [ISWAK, Tian Wai Fei Xian, Tokyo Juliet] and the popular Nicholas Tse [ Amazing Twin...]

well just a uncoming serie and well we just know a actor who play it
more information here

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread. ... ge=1&pp=20

^^ :wub:

khmai_kandi22

Re: Legend of Condor Heroes 2006[Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Nicholas

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Jun 13th, '06, 21:32

Miaka FY wrote:Everyone one know what it's Condor Heroes ..but seem now they make a new version again with a popular actors !!!
Because Return of Condor heroes 2006 was really popular ...they make a other remake with Hu Ge [Xian Jian, Tian Wai Fei Xian], Ariel Lin [ISWAK, Tian Wai Fei Xian, Tokyo Juliet] and the popular Nicholas Tse [ Amazing Twin...]

more information here

I went to spcnet all the time to check for new releases and such and I was curious about LOCH 2006 I hope it's not a disappointment like the 2003 version. That version was dubbed in khmer and it was really horrible I couldn't stand it. I hope this one is really good since Nicholas Tse is stars in it. :D

Bluewhale

Post by Bluewhale » Jun 13th, '06, 21:34

I've read that before but...are you serious? -_- Hu Ge doesn't look dumb and isn't Guo Jing supposedly only a little above average looking? Also, Ariel as Huang Rong -_-...well, I hope they at least put some evil looking actor as WangYan Kang this time! or maybe focus more on him and Mu Nian Ci? >_<!

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Legend of Condor Heroes 2006[Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Nicholas

Post by Miaka FY » Jun 13th, '06, 21:42

khmai_kandi22 wrote: I went to spcnet all the time to check for new releases and such and I was curious about LOCH 2006 I hope it's not a disappointment like the 2003 version. That version was dubbed in khmer and it was really horrible I couldn't stand it. I hope this one is really good since Nicholas Tse is stars in it. :D
well all version a saw from Legend of Condor heroes was in khmer ^^;;
and well all those version i have it's from TVB ..like Julian, Athena ...

omg i cannot imagine really Hu Ge is Guo Jing ...let's me a time to imagine that lollllll
and Ariel is Huang Rong and OHH and the bad guy is ...Yang Kang who is Nicholas Tse ...

really big production and really wait it !!!!

ps: i love Hu Ge, Ariel and Nicholas so for sure me want it!!!
Bluewhale wrote:I've read that before but...are you serious? -_- Hu Ge doesn't look dumb and isn't Guo Jing supposedly only a little above average looking? Also, Ariel as Huang Rong -_-...well, I hope they at least put some evil looking actor as WangYan Kang this time! or maybe focus more on him and Mu Nian Ci? >_<!
well humm that why i cannot imagine Hu Ge dumb lolllllll well ...
and well me from Hu Ge forum and Ariel forum
it's confrme ...they play it!!!! ^^

humm....the best version Legend of condor heroes i watch it's till 1994 ....hope this version can really be good and win in my heart ...lolll

ryuki

Post by ryuki » Jul 7th, '06, 13:49

Looking forward to it! I liked the chemistry between Ariel and Hu Ge in TWFX

LycheeTea

Post by LycheeTea » Jul 8th, '06, 10:36

I'm definately looking forward to Hu ge and Nicholas tse! I love Ariel Lin as an actress but Im not sure she can be a great HR...
Do U guys know if this is a Taiwanese or China production?

chsaf

Post by chsaf » Jul 8th, '06, 10:45

erm? hu ge and ariel lin??? frankly speaking i dont see any chemistry between them.....and im not so fond of nicholas tse...the cast~funny ensemble >.<"

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 22nd, '06, 07:27

Seems like nothing is final yet. I'm also not sure why they're doing another remake so quickly. Either way, it doesn't matter much to me. I really hope Ariel doesn't have a part. I don't see anything special about her acting would be very turned off if she were to be Huang Rong. Come on! Find someone new, fresh! Same goes with Hu Ge. He's still a very new actor and I just don't think he has what it takes yet. I can see Nicholas in any type of role so and I'm happy that he is being considered. His talent is often taken for granted. He is more than just a pretty face! I digress. :sweat:

muffin707

Post by muffin707 » Sep 22nd, '06, 08:28

I'm happy with the casting. Think Ariel and Hu Ge would make a compatible GJ and HR. And I'm not saying that because they are good looking people. I do really like Ariel's acting though. Good timing , I havent seen any version of LOCH since the 1980's version. Cant wait. :roll

Ryoma589

Post by Ryoma589 » Sep 23rd, '06, 19:40

o.o i like this show a lot. any one know if there is cantonese language of this?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 23rd, '06, 19:53

Ryoma589 wrote:o.o i like this show a lot. any one know if there is cantonese language of this?
i don't think this has aired yet. either you're talking about one of the previous versions, or you might be talking about ROCH 2006. either way, please request bt links in the Chinese Drama Torrent Delivery Service thread and someone can search to see if there is a cantonese version available. :D

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Sep 23rd, '06, 22:25

habukie wrote:
Ryoma589 wrote:o.o i like this show a lot. any one know if there is cantonese language of this?
i don't think this has aired yet. either you're talking about one of the previous versions, or you might be talking about ROCH 2006. either way, please request bt links in the Chinese Drama Torrent Delivery Service thread and someone can search to see if there is a cantonese version available. :D
I changed the topic to LOCH 2007 since thats most likely when it will air.

Ryoma589

Post by Ryoma589 » Sep 24th, '06, 02:34

Ruroshin wrote:
habukie wrote:
I changed the topic to LOCH 2007 since thats most likely when it will air.
o sorry about that but i was really requesting >.< i was jsut wondering was there a 2006 roch cantonese one... cause all i have seen are the mandarin ones. and i'm really confused now lol 2007? wasn't there one just recently made?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Sep 24th, '06, 02:58

Ryoma589 wrote:
o sorry about that but i was really requesting >.< i was jsut wondering was there a 2006 roch cantonese one... cause all i have seen are the mandarin ones. and i'm really confused now lol 2007? wasn't there one just recently made?
I think you're confusing Legend of Condor Heroes (LOCH) 2007 with Return of the Condor Heroes (ROCH) 2006. This topic is about the upcomming LOCH 2007.

Ryoma589

Post by Ryoma589 » Sep 24th, '06, 03:29

I think you're confusing Legend of Condor Heroes (LOCH) 2007 with Return of the Condor Heroes (ROCH) 2006. This topic is about the upcomming LOCH 2007.[/quote]

o wow >.< so sorry... now i get it.... but o.o another remake? just so close to one released recently.... i think i like the 2006 actors better this upcoming one

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Sep 24th, '06, 03:51

Ryoma589 wrote:
o wow >.< so sorry... now i get it.... but o.o another remake? just so close to one released recently.... i think i like the 2006 actors better this upcoming one
no you're still confused, Legend of the Condor Heroes and Return of the Condor Heroes are 2 different series. ROCH is the sequel to LOCH. The last time LOCH was remade was in 2003.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Sep 24th, '06, 03:59

Ryoma589 wrote: o wow >.< so sorry... now i get it.... but o.o another remake? just so close to one released recently.... i think i like the 2006 actors better this upcoming one
Legend of Condor Heroes - Story about Guo Jing/Huang Rong/Yang Kang/Mu Nanci.

Return of Condor Heroes(Sequel to LOCH) - Story about Yang Guo/Xiao Long Nu.

mister

Post by mister » Sep 24th, '06, 04:21

I think ima love this series xD

Ryoma589

Post by Ryoma589 » Sep 24th, '06, 05:24

>.<lol>.< thx for the clear up... scratch what i said b4 lol, i'll look forward to this new LOCH 2007 thx for teh info again

fanny1

Re: [CDrama] Legend Of The Condor Heroes (2007)

Post by fanny1 » Sep 24th, '06, 05:34

Miaka FY wrote:Everyone one know what it's Condor Heroes ..but seem now they make a new version again with a popular actors !!!

more information here

There more information about this series here: http://www.aeonlines.com/index.php?showtopic=87

Kallen

Post by Kallen » Nov 2nd, '06, 07:04

i grew up watching the 94 version. recently watched it again, and good gawd the animal special effects were utter crap. it was also originally in cantonese, but i watched it dubbed in mandarin. It was cool back then even if it's pretty ugly now.

i have to say i loved Athena Chu as Huang Rong. I really don't think Ariel Lin can compare... she just doesn't look like a Huang Rong (better than Zhou Xun at least). However, Hu Ge kinda looks like a Guo Jing. I'll have to see if he can pull it off.

Didn't watch the 2003 remake, but Zhou Xun does not look good as Huang Rong. Damn, can't they find a chick that looks like a Huang Rong?! We need Athena Chu to be 10 years younger so she can reprise her role in a remake.

I also hope they go easy on the computer graphics. Let's face it chinese movies and dramas have The Worst computer graphics ever. They look so out of place and hilarious that it just ruins any and every serious scene. If anyone has seen The Promise movie, well I pretty much ran out of the theater after seeing his ridiculous bull run.

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Nov 6th, '06, 12:58

wow... another remake of Legend of the Condor Heroes.... well this is the famous Condor Heroes triology by Jin Yong... I like to read this comic published in Hong Kong.

Can someone uplad some spoiler here (picts and vids)... wanna see what's hot

My prediction, they should make a better and successful remake like Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 did. :salut: :salut: :salut:

Hope to see someone make live-action drama based from Wong Yuk-Long a.k.a. Tony Wong comics... among my favourite

They are just a lot of Tony Wong comics fanatic in Asia across from Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore.... he have made an interesting story plot about martial art... maybe he will be the next great Jin Yong...who knows

==============================================================================================================================================
Manhua (Traditional Chinese: 漫畫, Simplified Chinese: 漫画, pinyin: Mànhuà) is a general term for comics produced in China, often including Chinese translations of Japanese manga. The word is a calque of the Japanese term, so the Chinese characters for manhua are identical for those used in Japanese manga and Korean manhwa. Due to the greater liberalization and higher standard of living, the majority of all manhua so far has been published in Hong Kong and Taiwan rather than mainland China. As of 2004, the majority of all manhua is still published in Hong Kong and Taiwan. It is often believed that Tomasu Chew made the first of its kind.

==============================================================================================================================================
source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhua#Lis ... ua_artists

hmmm.... maybe the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese... once upon a time ago are brothers their words just like the same... Manhua(chinese)... Manhwa(Korea)... Manga(Japan) :scratch:

I,m not very good in world history... :whistling:

[img]http://fa.mediaminer.org/4/182304.jpg[/img]

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Nov 11th, '06, 17:57

hey guys here's the preview to loch 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFlKnFIDU0 after watching it i love it can't wait till it comes out.. :D and i hope when it comes out there'll be a team to hardsub this series for everyone.. :D

sklp4ever

Post by sklp4ever » Nov 11th, '06, 18:01

AS long as Hu Ge is in it i am willing to watch it again. Yay to LOCH 2007
Can't wait till it come out.
Hoping that it will be sub by D-addicts.

seaweed

Post by seaweed » Nov 24th, '06, 14:46

it's too early for another remake imo. i still could vividly remember the prev one and somehow does ariel really fit into this role? To me, she's more of a happy go lucky type and not the witty huang rong type. but maybe i'm wrong.

fengyun

Post by fengyun » Nov 25th, '06, 20:04

when will it be ready??
is hu ge still in the hospital??

Heartsword

Post by Heartsword » Nov 27th, '06, 20:36

Hu Ge (the new Guo Jing) is still recovering from his injuries and because of the severe extent of his injuries, the filming for LOCH 2007 will be pushed back to about March-April next year. Ariel Lin (who play Huang Rong) also has scheduling conflicts as well, so we're probably not going to see this series released until the end of next summer or early fall. I can't wait to see it though, since I LOVE Jin Yong's LOCH and I'm a total Hu Ge fan. I think he'll make a wonderful Guo Jing...let's just hope that the director stays true to the original story and that this series lives up to its hype.

Here are some LOCH 2007 pics for your viewing pleasure :mrgreen:

[img]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3113/ahxdhg6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3676/ahxd1pu5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/5346/ahxd2fv6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/3353/ahxd3vj1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/1364/ahxd4kg9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/5088/ahxd5ir6.jpg[/img]

Heartsword

Post by Heartsword » Nov 27th, '06, 20:44

More pictures of Yang Kang and Mok Lim Chi :mrgreen: The actor who plays Yang Kang isn't as handsome as the original Michael Miu Kiu Wai but he does have that arrogance and evilness to him that's devilish and appealilng. :mrgreen: The actress who is playing Mok Lim Chi isn't as beautiful as she is described to be in the book, but she does have a very fair, innocent type of prettiness that will do her character justice, I think. Gaaah, can't wait for this series to start filming again! This is definitely THE MOST anticipated series of 2007 (well, for me, anyway) :lol

[img]http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/8926/ahxdyh2bt8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1379/ahxdyh3fr8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8904/ahxdyhhk6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1259/ahxdyh5sz1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7186/ahxdyh6ij3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4683/ahxdyh4ug5.jpg[/img]

lime9

Post by lime9 » Dec 1st, '06, 17:45

at first i was skeptical of ariel as the lead but then saw the preview and it looks good. now i can't wait to see it. of all the remakes i think 82 was the best. Yung Mei Ling made a really good Huang Rong and the rest of cast was also the best. the 94 one was just horrendous. couldn't stand ANY of the actors.

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Dec 23rd, '06, 00:58

i wonder why they keep remaking this serie ...hehe...and it's not like many years inbetween but just one year..ahh... i'm not a big fan .. i have only watched the original version many years ago during my childhood...it was cool then with these period drama ..hehe..
i like ariel lin and hu ge is quite handsome ^^ he suits period drama alot ..hehe... so i might see this version ...

l3by_j3ss

Post by l3by_j3ss » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:11

hmm... what char is nic tse palying?

lovergirl259_z

Post by lovergirl259_z » Jan 25th, '07, 02:19

. do anyone know when this wiil be air.. i just cant wait to watch this drama esp when the Best female actress like Ariel starring in this drama..Hu ge is the best partner but...

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jan 28th, '07, 15:28

Chidori-Chan wrote:i wonder why they keep remaking this serie ...hehe...and it's not like many years inbetween but just one year..ahh... i'm not a big fan .. i have only watched the original version many years ago during my childhood...it was cool then with these period drama ..hehe..
i like ariel lin and hu ge is quite handsome ^^ he suits period drama alot ..hehe... so i might see this version ...
huh?...you watched the old drama?...but you can't distinguish between Legend of the condor heroes and Return of the condor heroes. Return of the condor heroes was made last year...This is Legend. The last one was made 4 years ago

Personally I liked the 2003 version the best. Maybe its because I'm biased towards Zhou Xun...or that the opening mv totally hooked me.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Feb 3rd, '07, 08:05

what's the difference between legend of the condor heroes and return of the condor heroes? can hanyupinyin in chinese? it helps better for chinese like me. ^^

shen diao xia lu is Legend or Return? >_<

and.. when is it showing? has it aired? where can we download it?

fisk_82

Post by fisk_82 » Feb 4th, '07, 10:20

shen diao xia lu is return

legend of condor heroes is the first form the trilogy (guo jing story)
return is yang guo story

CreaMy_StarBucKs

Post by CreaMy_StarBucKs » Feb 4th, '07, 11:38

When is this series going to be air? I'm so anxious to watch this new one!

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Feb 11th, '07, 11:26

me too!! i can't wait... sorry, but i watched parts of the previous version and it was too slow...

i hope this version will be good especially with younger actors and acteresses which probably be better since the characters in the book are young too!!

please post if it comes out! i'll really really appreciate it!!

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Mar 10th, '07, 22:46

B.O.N F u n S u b s will be officially taking on:

Legend of the Condor Heroes 2007

if we're not mistaken, it will air in july 2007. :D

we would love to get any help from anyone who would like to join us. :).

translators, timers, editors, qcers, you name it, we would be really honored to have you all help us.

*If you're interested, please contact/pm chunu

[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3272 ... neriq7.jpg[/img]
Last edited by autuymnrain on Mar 10th, '07, 23:10, edited 3 times in total.

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cool_drama » Mar 10th, '07, 22:51

^No, I' m taking the project! wink wink

:lol

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Serentiy01 » Mar 14th, '07, 01:50

^ Kiddo, is this how you wink?
[img]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3046/vu2uu5.gif[/img]

Thanks autuymnrain dear for making the announcement. :wub:

If anyone is interested, don't hesitate to join B.O.N's craziness in fun-subbing. :D

Heartsword

Post by Heartsword » Mar 20th, '07, 05:40

OMG, OMG, OMG! *dies* B.O.N Fansubs will be subbing this series?!

I AM FLYING ON CLOUD 9! thank you thank you :wub: :cheers: My dream has come true! I wish I could help but I'm not chinese but I will defintiey help you seed! :D

Yes, I hear thru the grapvine that LOCH will air in July or August. Hu Ge is back to filming, I believe. I hope that the trauma of the accident hasn't affected him too much, poor guy. I can't wait to see him in action again!

Here are some LOCH goodies for all of you to look at while we anxiously wait for this series to unveil:

[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/JessMaiLinh/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/J ... /LOCH9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/J ... /LOCH8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/J ... LOCH12.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/J ... LOCH10.jpg[/img]

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Mar 20th, '07, 06:19

^ omo! youre's oooooooooooooooooooo awesome, Heartsword thank you so much for the pictures. :)

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 20th, '07, 10:44

Jiang Hu is going to sub this as well. 8)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 20th, '07, 19:09

Ueda Jiro wrote:Jiang Hu is going to sub this as well. 8)
Well, good luck to them :D

We have officially announced that we are doing Legend of the Condor Heroes 2007. We'll release both softsub & hardsub for the upcoming LCH :D

BON team FIGHTING!!

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Mar 20th, '07, 19:13

all righty. good luck Jiang Hu. :D

wail

Post by wail » Mar 21st, '07, 05:26

Ueda Jiro wrote:Jiang Hu is going to sub this as well. 8)
wowowow, I'm now confused, why is some whatever subbing team of whoever name subbing this when B.O.N. has announced officially subbing it a while ago?!
some subbing competition going on?! This is sooo highschool...no...not even 8)

anyhow, Jiang Hu... haha I dunno if I should laugh at u though I dun really feel like it, it's a wide world of drama out there in the real jiang hu, go find yourself your project and dont holler. This is no friendly way of saying hello in the fansubbing world.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 21st, '07, 06:49

wail wrote:wowowow, I'm now confused, why is some whatever subbing team of whoever name subbing this when B.O.N. has announced officially subbing it a while ago?!

anyhow, Jiang Hu... haha I dunno if I should laugh at u though I dun really feel like it, it's a wide world of drama out there in the real jiang hu, go find yourself your project and dont holler. This is no friendly way of saying hello in the fansubbing world.
calm down. having two different teams sub the same series isn't the end of the world. since subbers sub series that interest or appeal to them, so there's always bound to be overlap. though it's not common, two groups may occasionally decide to sub the same series. two different teams are subbing HYD, and there are multiple subs of Hana Kimi. people just get and watch whatever version they prefer.

while i can understand that you feel offended that another group has announced that they will be subbing the same series that you already "claimed," making fun of another group's name isn't really called for.

wail

Post by wail » Mar 21st, '07, 07:01

habukie wrote:
wail wrote:wowowow, I'm now confused, why is some whatever subbing team of whoever name subbing this when B.O.N. has announced officially subbing it a while ago?!

calm down. having two different teams sub the same series isn't the end of the world. since subbers sub series that interest or appeal to them, so there's always bound to be overlap. though it's not common, two groups may occasionally decide to sub the same series. two different teams are subbing HYD, and there are multiple subs of Hana Kimi. people just get and watch whatever version they prefer.

while i can understand that you feel offended that another group has announced that they will be subbing the same series that you already "claimed," making fun of another group's name isn't really called for.
thanks for the headsup, but I'm not making fun of any names, I'm dead serious with whatever I said. and yes jiang hu, there's whole lakes and rivers of dramas out there, go find your own projects instead. I mean it.

and just a sidenote, it's very ironic for a fansub group to be named jiang wu when the very basic rule of comradery, chivalry and righteousness which is the essence of what 'jiang hu' is about is not uphold. I'm no smartass, I'm more a Guo Jing kinda gal, but I observed a group taking up subbing the drama officially then some other group just btw taking it up as they wish with a wink. If that group is so passionate about the project in the first place I think they should've asked politely for sharing, which from the posts above us I can see the shock and disbelief in the official subbing group BON. I dont think subbers are into 'claiming' this and that ( I hope) and fr what my mama taught me since I'm in kindergarten we all should share when asked civilly. I dun see no asking, just some grab and take....so...

I understand too some moderators in forums and such ar into blindly defending some buds, but injustice should not be left rampant. just because sth is happening like the case of HYD doesnt mean it's right for this case. I think this is very uncalled for too for a mod.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 21st, '07, 15:54

imho, I think that this drama is terribly miscast.
Hu Ge has range, but I think even he would have trouble being the steadfast average guy that is Guo JIng.
Arial Lin is good for average girl gets lucky scenarios, but I'm concerned if she can carry off Huang Rong's sharp wit, leadership and playfulness.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 21st, '07, 19:32

wail wrote:thanks for the headsup, but I'm not making fun of any names, I'm dead serious with whatever I said. and yes jiang hu, there's whole lakes and rivers of dramas out there, go find your own projects instead. I mean it.

and just a sidenote, it's very ironic for a fansub group to be named jiang wu when the very basic rule of comradery, chivalry and righteousness which is the essence of what 'jiang hu' is about is not uphold. I'm no smartass, I'm more a Guo Jing kinda gal, but I observed a group taking up subbing the drama officially then some other group just btw taking it up as they wish with a wink. If that group is so passionate about the project in the first place I think they should've asked politely for sharing, which from the posts above us I can see the shock and disbelief in the official subbing group BON. I dont think subbers are into 'claiming' this and that ( I hope) and fr what my mama taught me since I'm in kindergarten we all should share when asked civilly. I dun see no asking, just some grab and take....so...

I understand too some moderators in forums and such ar into blindly defending some buds, but injustice should not be left rampant. just because sth is happening like the case of HYD doesnt mean it's right for this case. I think this is very uncalled for too for a mod.
even if you're being serious, you're still poking at someone else's name.

to suggest that i'm just "blindly defending some buds" is a misconception on your part. i wasn't judging right or wrong or defending any one team. i was merely suggesting that it could work if two teams sub the same series. i was also trying to defuse the acrimonious situation that you started with your post. from what i read, the BON team members graciously wished the other team luck with the subbing and calmly restated their intention to sub the series.

wail

Post by wail » Mar 21st, '07, 20:02

habukie wrote:
wail wrote:thanks for the headsup, but I'm not making fun of any names, I'm dead serious with whatever I said. and yes jiang hu, there's whole lakes and rivers of dramas out there, go find your own projects instead. I mean it.

even if you're being serious, you're still poking at someone else's name.

to suggest that i'm just "blindly defending some buds" is a misconception on your part. i wasn't judging right or wrong or defending any one team. i was merely suggesting that it could work if two teams sub the same series. i was also trying to defuse the acrimonious situation that you started with your post. from what i read, the BON team members graciously wished the other team luck with the subbing and calmly restated their intention to sub the series.
yeah BON members being gracious, calm and wish them luck is one thing, I can still sense the shock but this just shows how big a person/team they are, the astonishingly irony in jiang wu's name (in which pointing out is quite inevitable, I wont call it poking when I can name solid reasoning for my rambling nth is fun about what jiang wu did) and what they are doing is still grab and take, it's almost like stealing in blind daylight as far as I can see, but o well maybe u can't in your pedestal.

I think everyone with a passion for the drama should join the BON team esp after u point out how gracious and with a big heart they have. This should be the model for all fansubbing team to look upon.

hi auroragb, I think we still have to give them a chance to see if this is miscast or not, Hu Ge may not look the part too imo but if he can play out the trustworthy innocence, steadfast determination and concentration which is the key of what make Guo Jing the Condor Hero, I'm ok with it.

As for Arial Lin, yeah I think it's a big stretch. HR is quite a hard character to pull thro, one misstep she may seems too smart a brat to like. But we should still wait and see before we made any preconceptions.

fufu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fufu » Mar 21st, '07, 21:22

I believe they have stopped shooting this already. The copyright to film Jin Yong's novel has expired last year, so if they ever want to finish filming, they will need to buy the rights again. However, this is unlikely to happen. After Hu Ge got into a horrible accident last year, he has announced that he will retire from acting and pursue his career in directing. Furthermore, Ariel Lin is also scheduled to film It Started With A Kiss II, so it will be impossible for her to return to shooting this film at this point.

Filming is currently put on hold....infinitely.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Mar 21st, '07, 22:05

About the "some buds" comment. I wouldnt call some of the most experienced Wuxia subbers "some buds". Lets take abcd99 for example (a translator for Jiang Hu) , I dont think there are many poeple on d-addicts who have ever finished subbing a whole wuxia drama all by themselfs (the 3-4 years I am here I only remember 2 subbers who have accomplished that). So how about a little more respect. :|

wail

Post by wail » Mar 22nd, '07, 08:38

There's a Chinese saying:
Respect is not up for begging, others with give due respect where u deserve in time. However, despise is all in your doings.

Kudos to abcd99, I'm sincerely grateful for fansubbers volunteering their time and passionately coming up with good works for all to enjoy, but as I said, some fansub groups, the way they grab and take with no sense of comradery is still despicable to observers.

Thank you again abcd99, you are my hero!

So maybe this drama will be put on hold indefinitely...that's a pity for the fans but as Hu Ge got into sucha terrific accident, his recovery is most important. Afterall classics are classics, we don't have to wait long before another good adaptation will be out.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Mar 22nd, '07, 09:12

Well...

In my opinion, an announcement of a particular fansub group's intent should not block other fansub groups. Otherwise, it's unfair to the other fansub groups. Announcing intent is easy. Doing the real work is hard.

If B.O.N. Fansub have done some subbing for a few episodes, then they have the right to claim the series and rightfully offended if other fansub groups doing the sub on it too.

In this case, the series is not even done filming yet. Let alone released. So, I suppose the announcement should not preclude our group from subbing it.

Moreover, what do we want actually? A speedy release of quality subs. I noticed that lots of Wuxia dramas here are released very slowly. Some series are simply discontinued without notice after a few episodes. I don't want that to happen.

I understand that subbing wuxia series is very hard. In fact, in most cases it's even harder than modern dramas. So, rather than fighting on the "rights" of the series, why don't we cooperate? Our group is open for options / negotiations.

So, let's set aside our juvenile egos and tackle this series for a greater good.

wail

Post by wail » Mar 22nd, '07, 22:31

abcd99 wrote:Well...

In my opinion, an announcement of a particular fansub group's intent should not block other fansub groups. Otherwise, it's unfair to the other fansub groups. Announcing intent is easy. Doing the real work is hard.

If B.O.N. Fansub have done some subbing for a few episodes, then they have the right to claim the series and rightfully offended if other fansub groups doing the sub on it too.

In this case, the series is not even done filming yet. Let alone released. So, I suppose the announcement should not preclude our group from subbing it.

Moreover, what do we want actually? A speedy release of quality subs. I noticed that lots of Wuxia dramas here are released very slowly. Some series are simply discontinued without notice after a few episodes. I don't want that to happen.

I understand that subbing wuxia series is very hard. In fact, in most cases it's even harder than modern dramas. So, rather than fighting on the "rights" of the series, why don't we cooperate? Our group is open for options / negotiations.

So, let's set aside our juvenile egos and tackle this series for a greater good.
YAY!! sorry I must have misunderstood u then, so u guys were in negotiations with BON, working together to come out with the best subs..that's cool. coz I thought it's a case of grab and take without asking! :whistling:

o no...wait..wait....u r asking the group who has announced they r officially subbin it ahead of u to talk to YOU to negotiate OPTIONS?! hold...this is absurd. Why didnt your group talk and negotiate with BON in the first place but turns around asking them now?! And are you trying to hint that BON is not capable of doing a good job and wont even carry on with releasing the subs prompty other than just claiming the right to it!? o my... I'm such a fan of LoCH, sounds like u know more... o it's like a fansubbiing-gate now...

I hope u do know more about my concerns and there are talks between groups and I'm just being a hallucinating moron seeing things, cause if these hints of yours ar not substantiated, this is just tacky towards slandering.

Being a veteran, accomplished and respected fansubber doesnt give anybody braggin rights to look down at other fansub group. As u said the drama hasnt aired yet, I believe hardwork, humility and dedication is very crucial too in fansubbin, that's how Guo Jing worked his way up to be a Condor Hero, he may not be THE brightest most talented but his hardwork took him very very far indeed.

Whereas Yang Kang, being brilliant, fend down a wrong path of jealousy and arrogance which eventually lead to his downfall.

gosh I love this drama so much!! so many lessons to learn from if we open our eyes to them.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Mar 23rd, '07, 00:55

Well, wail...

No. I'm not at all accusing BON fansub of not doing a good job. Please don't be inflammatory, wail. I never intend to look down on any fansub groups as you have accused. I understand your zeal to LoCH might have caused you to be defensive, but please don't take that our group is attacking BON fansub or any of your values.

What if our group claim every single drama announced out there? That way, no other fansub groups can ever do the subbing. Only ours can. If you are in a fansub group, you know how absurd that is. Thereby, announcements should not lay a valid claim to exclusivity because a mere announcement takes only seconds and virtually costs nothing (as opposed to 6-12 hrs / episode just for translating and timing).

We would appreciate it if our group could cooperate with BON fansub. However, should negotiation option not work out, it should not prevent us from subbing this series, as we, too, are fans of Jin Yong's dramas. But should both groups decided to sub this series separately, let us do so in cordial manner, rather than in enmity. Either way, I hope that subbing this series could foster the relationship between the two groups. In fact, we could learn from each other too.

So, I hope that you don't hold a negative view upon multiple groups subbing a particular series, either together or separately. In any case, it's beneficial to each group.

I believe that I have explained my personal position regarding this issue. I hope it should clarify any misunderstandings.

Athaclena42
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Athaclena42 » Mar 23rd, '07, 01:16

It's not like this is the first time that two different groups have subbed the same drama. At the very least, it's the 3rd time. Though it would be great to make this a team effort with BON, I doubt that it will happen. I just want both teams to have a good time doing what we all love to do, which I'm sure we will.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 23rd, '07, 04:40

One suggestion is that one group does first half, one does the second half. Because these things get released on DVDs first, so it's not as if we are waiting week to week.

This way, the project can be done in half the time

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 23rd, '07, 04:59

No more arguments, just sub the series!!!!

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 23rd, '07, 06:45

crazylife123 wrote:No more arguments, just sub the series!!!!
I second that.

Both groups have four or five or so current projects without an enormous amount of manpower. It's not like there are a bunch of people waiting around with nothing to do. LOCH is not coming out any time soon. It might come out this year. It might not. Ultimately, if Jiang Hu insists on producing their subs, nobody can stop them. And if BON persists in refusing corporation with another group, that's their own decision.

You've both done very good jobs so far, and your viewers truly appreciate all the work you've done, but as the saying goes: 别在小河沟里翻了船. Fansubbing is supposed to be fun. Don't ruin that.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 23rd, '07, 07:03

Give me episode 1 translations and I'll start with the timing right now.

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cool_drama » Mar 23rd, '07, 07:09

Give me ten minutes.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 23rd, '07, 07:20

ethidda wrote:Fansubbing is supposed to be fun. Don't ruin that.
Not just to continue the flaming, but I think that we need to clarify some points here.

I want to point it out that unfortunately that's not the case. There're always a few people around to screw the fansubbers happy mood.

And as far as I am aware, no one contacted us to collaborate on LOCH 2007. Normally, when a team claims a drama, the other team which are interested in doing the same drama should contact the 1st team and get some compromises. But that was not the case. No one did contact us. Moreover, it surprises me that some others mentioned that collaborating with BON would not work out.

However, our team has decided that we would release LOCH 2007 even if Jian Hu or whatever team decides to work on the same drama. We have enough man power and our staffs are dedicated/committed and best of all professional with values. Each staffs at BON are HIGHLY valuable.

We wishes Jian Hu the best of all luck with LOCH 2007!

BON Team, we LOVE YOU!!!

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Mar 23rd, '07, 07:42

Let's look at the pinned thread "How to be a good fansubber". Discussion and negotiation are always good, but so far I don't see they're being practiced :lol

Well, the drama may not exist anymore. What with the arguments or compromises! :blink

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Mar 23rd, '07, 08:01

I'm hoping that this won't cause more of a conflict than it already has. I know that there are no rules against having more than one subbing team to do a project, thus, both BON and Jiang Hu are entitled to take on this drama. I can't help but to point this out though, like Mangosteen said on how to be a good fansubber:
Competition/multiple groups working on a project:
Unlike anime, drama fansubbing groups have traditionally worked in a mutually cooperative, non-competitive arena. This means that once a group has formally announced their intentions to start a project, other groups agree not to work on the same project by tacit agreement (unless the original team announces their decision to drop a project). The reasoning behind this is simply to maximize the number of translated series that are completed. Most major groups still follow this honor system and many have their own webpages or way of broadcasting their current projects.

This does not mean that multiple groups can't work on the same project. But to avoid potentially messy conflicts, always check other groups' project lists first. If another group is already working on a project you are interested in, there is still the option of collaborating together to work on a series...
I just thought that if a team decides to sub a drama and announces it, another team would respect it. But if that isn't the case, because another team wants to sub it as well, I'm sure it will work out okay.

I do however, want to clarify something. BON wasn't contacted by Jiang Hu for any "compromise" or "negotiations." Let's get the fact straight: BON announced that we would be subbing this. Later on, Jiang Hu also announced that they will too. That's it. So please, don't make assumptions that we're being unreasonable.

It'll be ok. Two teams can work on it, and let me make it clear: BON is absolutely fine with it. We don't have any rights to object anyways. So we hope Jiang Hu will have a great time doing it as I'm sure BON will.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 23rd, '07, 08:33

I guess that my team buddies have made it clearer with facts.

So let's stop all these and let's concentrate on the project!

Thank you team!

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 23rd, '07, 09:32

abcd99 wrote:I understand that subbing wuxia series is very hard. In fact, in most cases it's even harder than modern dramas. So, rather than fighting on the "rights" of the series, why don't we cooperate? Our group is open for options / negotiations.
I suppose I should help people get things straight.

01. READ abcd's comment quoted above. Did he say we have contacted BON for collaboration of any sorts? He merely stated that it is a possibility and we are open for negotiations. Just because one person can't read doesn't mean all of you can't, and make wrong assumptions about us.

02. It is courtesy for us at Jiang Hu to announce our intention, and I did just that. I posted saying that my team is going to sub it as well. Are we going to sub and release our version of the series without informing BON or anyone for that matter? No. I posted, announcing it to EVERYONE.

03. So far BON has not expressed any objections against us, Jiang Hu, to sub it. The series has not even aired and BON hasn't started on it. Like abcd mentioned, we are not hijacking a project that is already in progress. Is there a law stating that we must pm BON and ask for their permission? Even if BON felt upset about my team's decision to sub this, we still have our own freedom to decide what projects we're going to take on. Moreover, as I stated in point 2, I announced it to everyone so I did my part. All this ruckus came about only because a SINGLE PERSON decide to condemn my team for something as trivial as this. So why should we stir up so much controversy b/w the two groups, blowing the matter up just because of one person's ignorance?

I actually didn't want to reply to this thread because I can' be bothered with troublemakers. However, I felt the need to clarify things since people are unable to see the whole situation clearly.

Peace.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:03

First of all, the series has not finished filming yet. Moreover, we know that the main actor just got an accident and his recovery would take some time. So, I feel it's too early to start the negotiation process yet. If we know that the drama release is imminent, then we can begin the talk.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 23rd, '07, 18:09

abcd99 wrote:First of all, the series has not finished filming yet. Moreover, we know that the main actor just got an accident and his recovery would take some time. So, I feel it's too early to start the negotiation process yet. If we know that the drama release is imminent, then we can begin the talk.
I'm so sorry.

However, I don't want to sound rude and unprofessional, but our team are no longer interested in talks. We have made it clearer on our previous post. We were very opened for any negociation at the very first, but we are no longer interested by the way it went.

Since Jian Hu has decided to do LOCH 07 without consulting BON, they can go ahead and we even wishes them the best of all luck.

Kindly read my team buddies post :) Thank you all for your usual & unconditional support. We love you all.
Ueda Jiro wrote:All this ruckus came about only because a SINGLE PERSON decide to condemn my team for something as trivial as this. So why should we stir up so much controversy b/w the two groups, blowing the matter up just because of one person's ignorance?
I think that single person YOU are pointing at has helped BON thinking twice, even thrice. For an ignorance person, whoever he/she is, has the etiquette of a good fansubber. We hope that he/she would join our team to help with our various projects.

Please guys, we have made it clearer, so no more talking!!

Let's talk about the cast & be friendly. Ok guys? :wub:

LOVE & PEACE!!!

BON AJA FIGHTING!!
Last edited by Xi@h on Mar 23rd, '07, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Mar 23rd, '07, 18:25

It is most regrettable that BON Fansub has closed the possibility of cooperation. However, our group is open for negotiation should any of you changed your mind.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Mar 24th, '07, 00:17

I want to sub ROCH 2020 ...so now I announced it...anyone wanting to sub it than should first ask for my permission :roll (I hope 13 years are enough to learn Chinese)

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Mar 24th, '07, 00:37

anyone knows where to download the raws?