[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
beertax

Post by beertax » Mar 23rd, '07, 07:18

just want to comment on the crazy number of posts for this one drama.... over 500? must be a record on this forum :crazy:

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 23rd, '07, 10:04

lol hell yeah!!!! hehe........arigatou gozaimasu for subbing the drama!!!!! really apreciate it!!!! :D i was a well disappointed that tskushi didnt get to wear the prom dress!!!!! ergh!!! why didnt she!!!!?? nandao!!!!! she would of looked well pretty in it!!! egrh!! :(

zi91

Post by zi91 » Mar 23rd, '07, 12:12

I think the idea about not wearing the prom dress is becoz I personally thinks that the Eitoku High School uniform really signifies Makino! haha. isn't that so? thus I prefer her to wear the uniform :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:03

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:25

after taking many themes in film classes at school, i was able to carefully analyze the situation at prom. I think she didnt wear the dress bc the writers wanted us to see that makino is always the strong weed poor makino. she isnt going to prance around being something she isnt despite the fact she will most likely marry tsukasa. thats my two sense though.

thanks for the link too the ost!

zi91

Post by zi91 » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:29

Yeap thanks for the link to the OST.

Anyway I'll like to ask is there anyone with the orchestra version of Love So Sweet that is played in the prom dancing scene?

coz I heard that it was made by the production team? I really like the orchestra version of Love So Sweet! super duper nice~

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:35

you`re very welcome! :P

well as makino said"i`m the strong weed dresses just don`t go with me!"...despite the fact that she was dating the richest boy in japan,she didn`t wanna boast about that thing...no money in the world can change her.... :P

gelatinreiko

Post by gelatinreiko » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:40

hey.. it's a friday.. a hana yori dango day..

:-(
ohhh.. i miss the waiting-for-the-subs part of this day.. the "oh my god, i can't wait to see the next episode.. i'm so excited!!!" phrase...

Chibi-JinJin

Post by Chibi-JinJin » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:48

yeah me, too
*can't wait for episode11 hardsubs*

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:48

it feels weird without Hana Yori Dango, at all, im rewatching the first season and its so weird cus i know its over....

i really would not mind a 3rd season of Hana Yori Dango, seriously, itd be dope to see what type of adventure Makino would have trying to prepare for marriage and to get adjusted to a high class life, it was super funny watching her train fro the Miss Teen Japan in the first season.... this season was kinda :glare:, because there wasnt as much Dom/Mak, especially in the beginning

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 13:52

*sighs*friday just doesn`t feel like fridaywithout hanadan ne? :unsure:
agree with u superkyle!i`d love to see that too!

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Mar 23rd, '07, 14:25

i think i read in a forum that HYD3 was being filmed already, but i have no idea if its true, NO IDEA...

could that be possible? :unsure:

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 23rd, '07, 14:28

Superkyle wrote:i think i read in a forum that HYD3 was being filmed already, but i have no idea if its true, NO IDEA...

could that be possible? :unsure:
really? but im really sure that now Jun will busy shooting for Bambino

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 23rd, '07, 14:36

Where are the subs? Why hasn't anyone uploaded the raw yet? What happened in this episode?

:P :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 23rd, '07, 14:44

auroragb wrote:Where are the subs? Why hasn't anyone uploaded the raw yet? What happened in this episode?

which episode u refer to ? u mean ep 11? its out already

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 23rd, '07, 14:48

fishy wrote:
auroragb wrote:Where are the subs? Why hasn't anyone uploaded the raw yet? What happened in this episode?

No, the new episode, silly. Everyone knows Hanadan airs on Fridays :lol
:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
In case you can't tell, I'm joking

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:02

auroragb wrote:
fishy wrote:

No, the new episode, silly. Everyone knows Hanadan airs on Fridays :lol
:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
In case you can't tell, I'm joking
:lol :lol :lol :lol lol,yeah let`s pretend there`s a new ep :lol :P

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:06

hahahahaha :P lonely without hanadan ne hahahaha :P

gelatinreiko

Post by gelatinreiko » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:13

i had the chance to watch the jun&mao interview in episode 11 just now, and my reaction was like: "oh my god.. can't they just be together for real?" they're so kawaii!!
i was squealing again and again here while everyone in our house is sleeping..
(i can't help screaming..)

watching this made me crave for more of hana yori.. they're so sweet with each other..
:wub: :wub: :wub:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:23

u`re talking about the one where matsujun get`s so p|ssed of when mao-chan says she likes nishikado-san? :lol luved it!there sure is some chemistry between those two and i won`t be surprised to hear in a few days that they`re together :lol i just hope that matsujun`s fans would understand and they`d support jun`s and mao`s relationship if it turns out to be true as i heard that there are many arashi fans that aren`t happy about this thing :unsure:

anyway check this out :lol

http://jland.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/u ... /#more-653

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:40

As a hardcore arashi fan , I would be happy to see it. =x
Either way , as long as they both find someone awesome , I'll be a good camper. As much as I want new Handan , I mean really want. I just want the special so Jun can go back to doing musical yayness with arashi. I hope they have a new album soon. I've like had arashic and a.r.a.s..h.i on loop for like a week now. =<

*put's here go , and how's it going? into her playlist*

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:47

Archaenon wrote:As a hardcore arashi fan , I would be happy to see it. =x
Either way , as long as they both find someone awesome , I'll be a good camper. As much as I want new Handan , I mean really want. I just want the special so Jun can go back to doing musical yayness with arashi. I hope they have a new album soon. I've like had arashic and a.r.a.s..h.i on loop for like a week now. =<

*put's here go , and how's it going? into her playlist*
that`s great!^_^ lol,i have downloaded all the arashi albums but i guess that the fact that i can`t understand what they`re saying(as i`m from europe)win me over :lol plus i like a slightly different type of music!but i love"love so sweet","wish" "silver ring"(from arashic) and "Tabidachi no Asa" that`s from arashic too!for the rest of them i really didn`t have the patience to listen until their end :scratch: *feels ashamed*

gelatinreiko

Post by gelatinreiko » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:47

lee`s little alien wrote:u`re talking about the one where matsujun get`s so p|ssed of when mao-chan says she likes nishikado-san? :lol luved it!there sure is some chemistry between those two and i won`t be surprised to hear in a few days that they`re together :lol i just hope that matsujun`s fans would understand and they`d support jun`s and mao`s relationship if it turns out to be true as i heard that there are many arashi fans that aren`t happy about this thing :unsure:

anyway check this out :lol

http://jland.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/u ... /#more-653

yeah.. that's the video i'm referring to.. jun's reaction (though i think he just meant it as a joke) was like "hey, i'm jealous.. i moving out." woah..i fell from my chair.. i was really hoping it's for real.. and then mao was holding into him.. it's so cute..

i've read that just a few minutes ago. and i was like saying again and again that i hope i was there too as part of the audience, seeing them film and watching all their moves.
and jun was touching mao's hair and mao was giving him a massage.. so sweet..

i also hope his fans would be happy if ever jun and mao become for real (which i think is not true for now),, but i'd be the happiest person on earth if that happens.. :wub:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:50

yeah they really fit together don`t they?mao`s just so sweeeeeeet and jun`s just as sweet as she is so they make a really sweet lovely couple! :wub:

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 23rd, '07, 15:56

Last ep is out!! subbed =D

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 23rd, '07, 16:19

that`s great!^_^ lol,i have downloaded all the arashi albums but i guess that the fact that i can`t understand what they`re saying(as i`m from europe)win me over :lol plus i like a slightly different type of music!but i love"love so sweet","wish" "silver ring"(from arashic) and "Tabidachi no Asa" that`s from arashic too!for the rest of them i really didn`t have the patience to listen until their end :scratch: *feels ashamed*
My favorite songs are "Rock with Me ( Jun's angle )" , "Kitta Daijobu" and "I'm ready to fly" all from various albums. I find thier music refreshing , thier older stuff reminds me of the classic boy band routine , but thier last album showed that they have a myriad of styles and awesomeness about them. It helps to understand thier lyrics , I can see how that might affect that for you. ( I know jp , and some lyrics for songs are so silly ).

I dunno , I wish for everyone in the cast to find happiness. I also don't wan't Jun to stop making music with Arashi. I mean they have been on a break for awhile because of HanDan.

So many choices. ><;;; Why must they make me pick between the things I love.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 23rd, '07, 16:23

i think i saw a video with jun singing"rock with me" on youtube :mrgreen: at the begining he was like"this might be chotto ecchi" :lol it`s a nice song and i absolutely love his"La familia" i have that on my mp3 player since last Christmas :lol

najimta

Post by najimta » Mar 23rd, '07, 18:50

its friday and ihave no handan to download. i feel so sad and empty. hahaha

aquala

Post by aquala » Mar 24th, '07, 00:13

SummerMemories wrote:after taking many themes in film classes at school, i was able to carefully analyze the situation at prom. I think she didnt wear the dress bc the writers wanted us to see that makino is always the strong weed poor makino. she isnt going to prance around being something she isnt despite the fact she will most likely marry tsukasa. thats my two sense though.
I think the writers have emphasized her weediness (stubborness), lack of wealth and tom-boyishness more than enough times throughout seasons 1 + 2. What I like about Tsukushi is that she's a plain girl, not flaky, doesn't wear much make-up, or worry about getting the latest designer trends like I see so many young girls today. In that sense, I can relate to her character because I'm very much a tom-boy myself who could care less about materialistic things. Putting me in a dress is also a tough thing to do, but I do realize when wearing something appropriate is important, especially at a prom. I wore a dress at my prom, and no matter how uncomfortable I felt at the time, it was something special and memorable that I could look back at unembarassed. Realistically, if she was a real person not defined by the drama the writers have to add to her life, I believe she would've worn that red dress. Anyway, as long as she doesn't show up to her future wedding in that school uniform, I'll be happy! :thumleft:
Last edited by aquala on Mar 24th, '07, 00:16, edited 2 times in total.

gs56cb

Post by gs56cb » Mar 24th, '07, 00:15

I liked the ending of Hana Yori Dango, actually, this ending was pretty darn fantastic. However, I don't think there will be a Hana Yori Dango 3, unless it complies with the manga. Has anyone read the manga here? Is there more to the story? People said that the first HYD was good. I thought the second one was more interesting. I dont know why. It's just a feeling. THe most that will happen is a movie or a special. Usually, these things have specials. IF another season of HYD , most likely it will be run down the drain. Hey , is that video of the taping on Youtube, with Mao and Tsukasa, acting, and the crowd? l really want to see Tsukasa mad in real life lol.

tisa

Post by tisa » Mar 24th, '07, 00:38

Both seasons of HYD don't even slightly cover the manga which has 36 volumes. Honestly i watched the first season of HYD but couldn't connect it very well with the manga. Meteor garden 1 was better concerning this.

I like the manga but don't like the drama so maybe you won't like the manga since you like the drama.

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 24th, '07, 00:56

hmm i read both manga, both drama. and for 20 to cover pretty much what going on is good. i don't want it to drag out. as much i love the manga, sometime, the same topic just recover over and over between dom and makino. i just want it to finished where she accept his feeling and get together already. i watch mg, as much as it cover the manga, i only watch to ep. 16 because by that time i was bore with it already. it pretty predictable and dragging so i was happy hyd 1&2 was fast pace, eventhough hyd 2 in the middle were dragging with shigeru and rui relatiship too much but still pretty enjoyable more than mg.

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Mar 24th, '07, 08:19

Can anyone confirm that there will be a side story special as mentioned in SARS? Is it mentioned on the official site? I can't read or understand Japanese so I'm totally in the dark about this.

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Mar 24th, '07, 08:40

pic taken 2007年3月21日
...what did shun do to his beautiful blond hair :cry:
i wonder if its cut or if its in a pony tail... hard to tell :blink
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/ ... 070321.jpg[/img]
he still looks cute :w00t:

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 24th, '07, 11:51

Ah, the Hana Yori Dango Season 2 OST is quite lurvely. Some of the music here overlaps with the score for Kurosagi -- I think the main themes are identical -- both had the same composer, and so I also kinda visualize Yamaki with this stuff.

There's two great tropes for the junai, or pure love story. The first trope is first love as metaphor for the fall from innocence, or first love as the road to salvation. It is the history and the world against the young would-be lovers, and the story is a desperate, but warm-mitted reach into the uncertain, forbidding fog. Blue Mind/Tsukuchi's theme was my favorite piece from the first season's OST -- to me, it underlined the mix of bravado and private tenderness that typified M+D in the show and manga. The way their rough manners and public displays of "lovegression" privately protected the aching need to believe in each other and hope for the future.

The second trope -- essentially the trope that launched Hallyu all over Asia -- is the second chance love story. Having made peace with the world, it is now the young lovers against themselves, and the possibility, the fog-breaking, chest-aching possibility, of the world accepting them. If the first trope almost ends with (sometimes happy) tears, the second begins with (bittersweet) tears. My favorite theme of HYD 2, "New York No Kisegi", the music that is played when Makino and Doumoyji, is exactly that. The strings are about the recognition and then the rib-caving ache and then the tears and then the bells ringing in the sky that you have experienced the Eternal Return of True Love. True love waited. And in HanaDan world, it's reflected in this theme as a "older and it hurts so much more" swell in slow motion, waking up in New York and waking up to each other once more. Love me, Doumyoji, once more.

For Season 2, loved the (illegal?) arrangement of Pachelbel's Cannon in D for Rui. It's such an appropriate theme for that mischievious, classic boy. I really, really wished this was used in the first season.

Makino_sanbr
Me and my friend always talk how Yoko Kamio must love Pride and prejudice...
because you can see so much P&P in Hanadan...
( even the evil and powerful 'aunt/mother' )
I tried to talk about this with people.. but mostly of people don't understand what I'm talking about... Hanadan is so close to this great classic...
I think that's the enduring popularity of the manga -- the way Kamio kinda took the well-worn P&P story, and combined it with a underdog school story. In every major adaptation of HanaDan, they never forget to emphasize Makino and Doumyoji as a kind of *wink wink* public show, to their friends in the story and to the audience watching them. The relationship of M&D is a battle of dimwits between Mr. Baka and Miss Makino. Everybody kinda shakes their head and enjoys their fists of legend. There's well-worn insights into class differences, class prejudices, and the way we all presume too much and misunderstand each other, often from the best of our intentions.
P&P is the most loved novel in the English language; and HYD is still the most read shoujo ever. Just as every actress has their own inner Lizzy, I think a lot of young actresses have their definitive Makino. Heck I'm sure there's an inner Makino trapped in Mrs. Eyebrow Doumyoji too!

But to season 2's credit, that finally an adaptation -- be it anime, movie, or any of the TV shows -- went away from Hana Dan the Love Battle, and instead gave us two rather shaken, rather human people. Two opinionated, willful misfits who were growing up into serious adults -- serious enough to painfully, painfully want the best for each other. They were no longer that funny; instead, to the audience, they looked like a guy who lost all of his pride, and a girl who was choking under the "oh we're from two different worlds" prejudices.

None of the adaptations, until Season 2, articulated how truly difficult it was for Makino to have faith in Doumyoji's love. Or how much doubt and longing Doumyoji endured in order to keep Makino in his life. And it was because all of the adaptations gave us the public show, whereas Season 2 was about their private, private dialogue, the reality of their situation vs. the pull of their memories. And quietly, it was also about the bond of the F4 and how Makino (and even Yuki) had already become a cherished family to them.

That's not to say it was completely successful. I think the Shigeru Arc was disproportionately long, and that the middle episodes in season 2 sagged. And the show at times lost its comic rhythm for whole episodes. But -- I don't know -- I was still grateful that the show went this route, honouring the HanaDan canon and connection with the fans, and then bringing us a glimpse of Makino and Doumoyji as young adults in love.

And somewhere toward the end of the show, for me, M&D transformed into JunMao. I enjoyed Jun and Mao as a comic team, but never in season one did I necessarily felt that tingle in the neck. Toward the last 3-4 episodes or so, I saw more and more the actors break out of their characters, and we got a taste of Mao's sassy banter and Jun's kind dorkiness. At that point, I realized the season 2 had become as much about me enjoying these two actors enjoy the company of each other. Which leads to the red dress thing . . .

Yeah, I agree with Summer's interpretation. Makino not wearing the red dress was examplar of her typical "weed-ness", her integrity and self-possession. But I also felt Hana Yori Dango effectively ended before the entire Prom scene. Sure Eitoku is rich, but the red carpet introduction absolutely felt like the show's curtain call.

And, so, in the end, we had our reprisal: Inoue Mao once again donning the plucky schoolgirl outfit. Matsumoto Jun wearing yet another ludicrious advertisement for solar powered hair products. JunMao finishing the Hana Yori Dango story with the marraige proposal that we've waited for 10+ years. And JunMao basking in the thousands of grateful fans, who came into Season One as storyline literalists and out of Season Two as fans of the two actors and their own really alive chemistry.

I guess for me, it kinda brings me back to Barbie and Vic. Nowadays, I just see Meteor Garden as the B+V dress rehearsal for Mars. At first you watch Mars, you can't help but think "OMG Makino and Rui are in love!! W000T!!!" And by the end you go, "I'm so grateful that I got to see two actors show me what falling in love is." Then you learn that the illusion wasn't an illusion. I don't know -- kinda wished lightning would strike twice. ;)

And, yeah, they should make the Mars J-drama already. The role of Kira is the perfect role for Maki Horikita, and YamaP could reach Kimataku levels of Sexy as Rei.

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Mar 24th, '07, 14:53

Some interesting insights you got there belleza. About Mars j-drama, maybe you would like to discuss that in my newly formed
topic Who would play in the live-action adaptation of...

It's all about manga adaptations. No replys yet, so you could be the first :thumright:

edit: It's in the j-dramas forum

Maki Froggeh

Post by Maki Froggeh » Mar 24th, '07, 21:14

Huh ? I read that the OST is up on http://community.livejournal.com/hanayoridango but I can't find it ?

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 24th, '07, 21:23

Maki Froggeh wrote:Huh ? I read that the OST is up on http://community.livejournal.com/hanayoridango but I can't find it ?
http://la-fee-verte67.livejournal.com/26317.html#cutid1

Maki Froggeh

Post by Maki Froggeh » Mar 24th, '07, 22:18

Archaenon wrote:
Maki Froggeh wrote:Huh ? I read that the OST is up on http://community.livejournal.com/hanayoridango but I can't find it ?
http://la-fee-verte67.livejournal.com/26317.html#cutid1
Oh, thank you ^^;

a17rian

ending

Post by a17rian » Mar 24th, '07, 23:23

i had a question about the ending....

the one part when that old man TOYAMA-san is talking to TSUKASA's mother about the IT Industry
and Dom's sister comes and says that TOYAMA-san owes his life to TSUKUSHI-chan
wat does she mean by that?

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 24th, '07, 23:27

Because
Makino was the one that stopped him from jumping off the cliff, so she saved his life because if he had jumped he would have never gotten his success.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 24th, '07, 23:30

foofeh wrote:Because
Makino was the one that stopped him from jumping off the cliff, so she saved his life because if he had jumped he would have never gotten his success.
Iron woman could not fight with that.

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 24th, '07, 23:38

dude!?? who was that girl in that picture????? with oguri??

dancerdark

Post by dancerdark » Mar 25th, '07, 00:04

Did anyone find it extremly crazy with all those people in the stadium, at the end, and no one made a sound?

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Mar 25th, '07, 00:12

The scene that was just Makino and Domyouji in the dark was filmed beforehand, in the empty arena. Otherwise, how could you expect 15 thousand fans to keep from squeaking at that? ^___^

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 25th, '07, 01:02

Yeah, that's probably what they did.
If not, the microphones probably only picked up with MatsuJun and Mao were saying. It's not that hard to block out other sounds. As long as they weren't screaming, nothing would be heard.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 25th, '07, 01:31

I'm sure Domyouji asked / screamed at them all to be quiet. I don't see why they would go against it. It was such a great proposal.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 25th, '07, 01:40

Yeah, if I was there I would have been holding my breath like crazy. :lol Who would want to ruin it?

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 25th, '07, 07:03

only what came after the proposal was filmed with the public in the stadium!the proposal was filmed without public probably os they thought that at least one of the 15tousands people from there will feel like screaming after such a beautiful proposal! :wub: :P

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Mar 25th, '07, 11:58

xkawaiix wrote:dude!?? who was that girl in that picture????? with oguri??
oh this one
oh i didn't read who she was but i know she was there to promote her album at ogur's radio show lol i think he looks hot in the pic agree?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 25th, '07, 12:45

it was so cool!!! i thought the 2nd season would ruin it.. just like what happened in meteor garden... but no no no No...!!! it was all good. i was really excited to see the last episode..

*SPOILER ALERT*
although the part where tsukasa remembered tsukushi was kinda lame. the way he was squeezing his eyes shut and clutching his hands and stuff... toinks! but never the less it was all kawai!!! it was a disclosure for both domyouji and makino... i just hope there would be a disclosure between yuki and soujiro!!! sigh... soujiro never did realize how much yuki means to him.

in my mind was making up a story about yuki and soujiro, its about soujiro realizing he does like yuki when yuki accidentally gets to know soujiro's aniki and falls in love with that guy instead and that guy also likes yuki and starts courting her. then soujiro would try to win yuki's love. hehehe.. well that's as far as my imagination could go. *sigh* :wub:

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Mar 25th, '07, 12:49

BxLibra wrote:
oh this one

:D

The girl is Aya Matsuura ;)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 25th, '07, 13:00

ohmygod no season 3 please nonononononono!!! >o<it>o< yes wish lightning would strike twice... hehe!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 25th, '07, 13:17

Moondy wrote:
BxLibra wrote:
oh this one

:D

The girl is Aya Matsuura ;)
I knew she looked familair.... =x

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 25th, '07, 14:49

Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:oky im like whatever now because i already started the torrent from d-addicts and this is soooo much faster then slow ass clubbox
true but Ithin kI would have been finish clubbox by now, where as I'm only at 43 percent with the torrent.
actually it all depends on how fast your computer is and how many seeders there are.

dancerdark

Post by dancerdark » Mar 25th, '07, 17:38

BxLibra wrote:
oh this one
oh i didn't read who she was but i know she was there to promote her album at ogur's radio show lol i think he looks hot in the pic agree?
He has a radio show?

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 25th, '07, 17:44

Was kinda hilarious seeing them doing the wave all the time xD

Maki Froggeh

Post by Maki Froggeh » Mar 25th, '07, 18:31

Hey, I just saw that there aren't all the musics in the OST?
Is it the OST from the 1st season ?

I can't find this music
And the music where Tsukushi runs at the end, in the last ep ...?

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Mar 25th, '07, 18:43

right-o! I've finished watching everything, and I'm sooooo glad I went cold turkey with the spoilers after ep.9, everything was a surprise, a very sweet surprise.

I think the most cheesy ep. up to date is 11, but it was needed, it was what we all wanted, it was what all the heartache deserved, a full dose of good old fashion mushy relief!
Nothing else would have been better, IMHO, and I'm totally satisfied.

Since all the knots have been tied up pretty nicely, I don't see how there can be a third season, unless they plan to do something extraordinary alongside Kamio-sensei, and they have till 2008 to plan it, if the rumors are true.

I still think the amon arch is left to tell. And kazuya is still greatly missed. And that other guy that was interested in makino that worked at fast-food joints (and turned out to be another rich guy), i can't remember his name... and junpei's brother...
Now that i think about it, all other suitors makino has, except rui, where cut off! She was a very "in demand" girl! how come they didn't show that in the dorama! :lol

I'd settle for a special though, my mum said she'd have put a flash-forward in the end showing makino graduated from law school, doumyouji doing a great job running the corporation, and everyone living their lives to the fullest. I whole-heartedly agreed with her, but make that a 2-hour special instead of a flash-forward and I'll be one happy little camper! XD

Some of my impressions of ep.11:
*It made me weep how much growing up tsukasa showed with his reaction to ken's apology. Also when he said to kaede he's not the type of businessman who would fire such an exceptional employee like nishida.
*Loved how makino missed her graduation and never got to wear that prom dress, but only because that sorta happened to me (I almost missed the graduation, wore jeans, and totally missed the prom XD). So it reflected on me as a "so true" situation, all the weeds in the world can relate to, like me.
*I still think dorama-kaede is the softest of all the other version of hanadan, she ended up accepting makino for crying out loud! none of the other kaedes did, they just said: "I'll leave it up to tsukasa to decide what to do with his life". Alright, so maybe she did because she felt an obligation for manipulating so cruelly her son with the whole ken thing and because she now owes tsukushi for saving the company, but i think she's done some "growing up" too, changing (or starting to change) from the cold hearted evil woman she'd become, to a more understanding woman (whom, let's hope, in the future, learns how to love again).
*I'm still mad about the whole Umi business, it was too forced. It was necessary for D+M to remember the roots of their relationship, yes, but I still think it was too forced. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that got spooked when she showed up outta nowhere to help with the van XD XD XD
*Moments of mayor squealage: when the lights came on in the stadium (do the wave!), when sakurako returned (love her), when makino danced with the F4 (she supposedly doesn't know how to dance at all so her awkward movements where really cute to me).
And just when i thought I couldn't smile like an idiot anymore:
*the final kiss.

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Mar 25th, '07, 22:21

dancerdark wrote:
BxLibra wrote:
oh this one
He has a radio show?
yeah its called oguri shuns all night nippon the rest of F4 and Mao were on it also (they called in though) were as Jun was actually in the studio with shun :-)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 26th, '07, 01:34

Hi,
I am new in this forum and in honor to the dorama that introduced me to this world i wanted to introduce myself here; it was just a year ago that a friend made me watch the first season of HYD and this year round it was me who was feeding her with the new season!.
I have read the manga and i haveto say that i liked how they changed things from manga to dorama, it made it be quicker and you can really follow how the characters grow, i was really hooked with this season despite how much it made me suffer, but i never ditrusted Shigeru, she is really a great girl, i missed Skurako and the possibilty of the M4! and they did a great job with Nishida (love him!) and Okamisan!
I have to say that the last episode had me watching with a silly smile on my lips all the time ( but i wanted a better kiss! 10 times for this!)
See you all around!

dancerdark

Post by dancerdark » Mar 26th, '07, 02:24

BxLibra wrote:
dancerdark wrote:
BxLibra wrote: oh this one
He has a radio show?
yeah its called oguri shuns all night nippon the rest of F4 and Mao were on it also (they called in though) were as Jun was actually in the studio with shun :-)
so is there any way to listen to the radio show onlne? maybe download it?

XTC1212

Post by XTC1212 » Mar 26th, '07, 03:55

I miss this series now that it's over. I kind of didn't like the snow part in the end compared to in the anime it was in the middle. Plus they totally changed it. Well it was a good series regardless. I loved toda erika in the end too. i think she's one of the cutest actresses right now.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Mar 26th, '07, 06:19

XTC1212 wrote:I miss this series now that it's over. I kind of didn't like the snow part in the end compared to in the anime it was in the middle. Plus they totally changed it. Well it was a good series regardless. I loved toda erika in the end too. i think she's one of the cutest actresses right now.
I agree. I think toda erika was a great choice to have for the last few episodes.

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 26th, '07, 10:27

yo!! spokeydokey00?? is that cowboy bebop on your avatar????

Sandra121289

Post by Sandra121289 » Mar 26th, '07, 17:44

BxLibra wrote:
dancerdark wrote:
BxLibra wrote: oh this one
He has a radio show?
that girl is aya matsuura! she is a very good singer of hello! Project and promotes the album of herself and Miki Fujimoto. together they are GAM, which stands for Great aya and miki .
but i think this will take too much space to explain everything around it!^^

a17rian

Post by a17rian » Mar 26th, '07, 20:54

wat episode was that foofeh? or Archaenon???

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Mar 27th, '07, 01:33

Sandra121289 wrote:
BxLibra wrote:
dancerdark wrote:He has a radio show?
that girl is aya matsuura! she is a very good singer of hello! Project and promotes the album of herself and Miki Fujimoto. together they are GAM, which stands for Great aya and miki .
but i think this will take too much space to explain everything around it!^^
wasn't she the one who Shun took over the radio show from??

speaking of music, does anyone know where i can get the 'Love So Sweet' - Orchestra version from ep11??? is it released anywhere?!??! somone please? :O

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 27th, '07, 02:18

harukaya wrote:wasn't she the one who Shun took over the radio show from??

speaking of music, does anyone know where i can get the 'Love So Sweet' - Orchestra version from ep11??? is it released anywhere?!??! somone please? :O
Yes, ironic, isn't it :lol

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 27th, '07, 11:12

sambuk wrote:
lsqB wrote:
"even for you sleeptalking is talking when you`re sleeping,talking when you`re awake is not sleeptalking,so if it`s sleeptalking,talking when you`re awake is ok too,but if it`s not sleeptalking,it`s talking when you`re awake,talking when you`re awake it means not sleeping"
I think you missed half the joke...
It's true, he's saying stuff around and around and confusing himself
but he's also saying "lamb-sleep" instead of "ram-sleep" Lamb, as in...the animal. That's what I remember off the top of my head.

by the way, script is now 60% done.
i read on your blog you hope to have the softsubs done by 10 pm tonight...im presuming thats not england time...as its 10:50 here :lol what time would it be in english time?

i so freakin loved that line!!! hahahaha... i was laughing my butt of when tsukasa was trying to explain everything but really can't. :lol

[img]http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/H ... -%2018.jpg[/img]

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 27th, '07, 11:27

whaaaa.........!!!! :w00t: i'm watching HYD again. from the very first season. i was so hung up on it... my friends are also getting hung up on it. the 2nd season's story line was getting better and better. its like when you watch it, you wouldn't want to put off your screen... lolz. im graduating from college in 5 days!!! and i'm supposed to finish up my clearance and go to the graduation practices and stuff... instead im watching HYD!!!! that's how pathetic and addicted i am... lolz. :lol

i really loved the closure in the 2nd season story. except for soujiroh's and yuki's.
augh...!!! it was so sad that they never did end up getting together. yuki wasn't even able to ride soujiroh's bike... sigh.. :scratch: and at the end of the episode she just ended up chasing soujiroh and insists on riding his bike. that was really sad.
but aside their story i like the scene where makino pulled domyouji to her and kissed him!!! that was so sweet!!! :wub:

btw...
i have a better ending for yuki and soujiroh in my head...
its that, soujiroh's brother (the brother who didn't want to be part of their family's tea customs and ran away from home) accidentally meets yuki and helps her from a snatcher/maniac or whatever, then yuki starts to like him instead of soujiroh. and the guy also liked yuki from the very first time they met. that's when soujiroh starts to realize that he really likes yuki... and tries to win her back... ehihihi.. i know its a pretty lame story, but i really want them to end up together!
[img]http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/H ... -%2018.jpg[/img] [img]http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/H ... -%2034.jpg[/img]

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 27th, '07, 12:30

wow!!! biniBningPunkista thats are REALLY good story for yuki and soujiro!!!!! amazing!!!! i like that!!!! :D

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 27th, '07, 12:43

xkawaiix wrote:wow!!! biniBningPunkista thats are REALLY good story for yuki and soujiro!!!!! amazing!!!! i like that!!!! :D

honto arigatou for the compliment... i really wanted their story to end that way... ;)

[img]http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/H ... -%2018.jpg[/img]

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 27th, '07, 12:44

soda!!! me too!!!! i really want yuki and soujiro to be together and then they could double date ne?!!! hehe....:D

fishy

Post by fishy » Mar 27th, '07, 12:50

ok minna, lets *pray* for HANADAN SP then :wub: gosh i miss them