My Sister-In-Law Is 19 / Nineteen (SBS, 2004)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
cheque13

My Sister-In-Law Is 19 / Nineteen (SBS, 2004)

Post by cheque13 » Jul 4th, '05, 10:42

Hi

Am thinking of getting the show "My Sister-in-Law is 19", any comments on this show? Is it funny? I prefer to watched something like: Full house, Lovers in Paris, Cat in the attics kind of shows. Pls recommend. Thks! :-)

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jul 4th, '05, 19:02

Yes, it's hilarious.

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Jul 5th, '05, 13:07

I've watched a few episodes of this series and i must agree with mango, very enjoyable funny, romantic drama.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 5th, '05, 14:16

I laugh hysterically with this drama, its definitely a "must-see"! :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 6th, '05, 01:47

It's the one of the funniest Korean dramedies I've came across, so yeah, it's funny. Probably as funny as Full House. A lot of laugh-out-loud moments. But it's gonna get more serious towards the middle of the series.

If you're looking for more recommendations, you should check out the RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS thread next time. :)

apples

Post by apples » Jul 15th, '05, 12:01

One can get easily obsessed with this drama.

At first I hesitated watching it because I didn't like Dabin in Attic Cat. However, I read somewhere that it's almost as good as Full HOuse. I didn't really expect much, but boy, was I glad to check it out! I've completely forgotten how annoying Dabin was in Attic Cat (sorry for those who are offendended). But she's so adorable here... Other relationships in the drama are funny, eg between her brother-the doctor's brother, dabin-her brother.

I'm hoping it would not only focus on the couples, but also their family issues. It's something I don't see often in kdramas. I'm on episode 3 so far. If it goes well, I might like this more than I liked Full House.

Meteor_Ice

Post by Meteor_Ice » Jul 28th, '05, 06:31

May I know when was this drama out? Was it in 2004??
I was just watching this drama recently and fell in love with it... haha! :lol
At first I watch it cause of Kim Jae Won..
Later I realise that Yoon Kye Sang is super cute when he smile.. :P

This series has more drama tahan Full House but it's definately as hilarious!
Recommended... :mrgreen:

lsh188

Post by lsh188 » Aug 4th, '05, 02:25

I read a synopsis from this series and was drawn to it and then I read that Dabin was in it and I've been dying to watch it since. I happen to like Dabin, first from The Guy was Cool and then from Attic Cat. She's not the prettiest or the greatest actress but she has charisma in my POV.
I've only been able to watch episode 1-4 with since d-addicts english translations have only gone so far but I'm hooked and anxious for the next set of subs. So... all in all, i do recommend this series. So far from what Ive watched, I guess it would fall in the same ranged as the series you listed.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Aug 5th, '05, 05:22

Yeah, I think this drama is nice too but Im scared to start watching since the subs are only up to the 4th episode only.. I might end up not being able to sleep waiting for the next set of subs.. hehehe.. But it looks promising... Maybe if somebody buys the dvd set, then the subs could be made available too! Hopefully...

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Aug 14th, '05, 03:12

I finally had the courage to start this series after watching MNKSS.. In another thread, I posted something like I had a dilemma on what series to watch after MNKSS...

I watched the first two episodes of MSIL and wow, i found myself in tears laughing and crying already. I started to watch because I thought the subtitles were gonna come out fast but I think I have to take it slow for a while and wait for the other subs to come out gradually....

All in all, I recommend this series.. It may never make me forget about MNKSS (especially when Mijoo (Samshik's neice) is in the first episode of MSIL too.. :) She's really cute.. even cuter than the girl who played Dabin IMHO..

Watch this! :)

choco_miruku

Post by choco_miruku » Aug 16th, '05, 13:25

Definitely a great series to watch. All the characters are well developed, and the pace is good. Fantastic chemistry between the lead actor and actress, lovable supporting characters. Very addictive series. YKS and JDB will blow your mind :D

PinkieJosie

Post by PinkieJosie » Aug 17th, '05, 07:30

Ah i loved Kim Jae Won in Wonderful Life!! Too bad he's not the main lead, but still i would love to watch this..but the subs are only up to esp. 4..hope there would be more subs soon. I can't wait to watch kim jae won and the other casts.

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 17th, '05, 09:36

I love some of the fashion in this show ;)

Miso

Post by Miso » Aug 17th, '05, 17:03

This series is so funny. I would definitely it is as good as full house. I am still watching it and dling it but it is a great series. Must watch

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Aug 19th, '05, 16:45

choco_miruku wrote:Definitely a great series to watch. All the characters are well developed, and the pace is good. Fantastic chemistry between the lead actor and actress, lovable supporting characters. Very addictive series. YKS and JDB will blow your mind :D
:D Yes, there's no need for KJW to even really be in it past the first 2 eps. Cute YKS just takes over.

imut_imut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by imut_imut » Aug 19th, '05, 23:53

JadedAngel wrote:
choco_miruku wrote:Definitely a great series to watch. All the characters are well developed, and the pace is good. Fantastic chemistry between the lead actor and actress, lovable supporting characters. Very addictive series. YKS and JDB will blow your mind :D
:D Yes, there's no need for KJW to even really be in it past the first 2 eps. Cute YKS just takes over.
YKS is obviously very cute but his ear is a bit weird. It is pointy. :unsure:

^^f@R@^^

Post by ^^f@R@^^ » Jan 15th, '06, 15:55

where can i find diz ost :unsure:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 15th, '06, 19:08

^^f@R@^^ wrote:where can i find diz ost :unsure:
just do a search. http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

^^f@R@^^

Post by ^^f@R@^^ » Jan 16th, '06, 12:23

thanxx..........

Athaclena42
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Athaclena42 » Mar 5th, '06, 23:45

Does anyone other than me find Yelim to be EXTREMELY annoying (MJ and SJ's sister)? I want to tape her mouth shut every time she starts to talk. I also think that MJ's old girlfriend is kinda annoying, and I hope she won't play a big part in the rest of the series. Other than that, I really enjoy this series (I'm in the middle of watching Ep. 13).

ILoveJiroWang

Post by ILoveJiroWang » Apr 10th, '06, 08:08

I just got finished watching this drama and I thought it was pretty good. :-) It was both funny at times, and sad at times. The end of each episode made me want to keep watching the next one and the next one and so on.

Also, when I read previous messages about people wondering about the pairing of "Yoo Min and Doctor Kang" versus "Yoo Min and Seung-jae," I thought that it was very obvious that the drama was heading for
Yoo Min and Seung-jae

to be together, which I prefer anyway. These two were very entertaining and funny to watch, and I knew from the beginning that Yoo Min would end up choosing this brother. To me, Yoo Min had more chemistry with this brother anyway and they had better scenes together. :wub:

didia

Post by didia » Apr 18th, '06, 05:03

is there subs for this drama?

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » Jun 14th, '06, 03:09

man, i know nothing about this show! pls tell me more about it *smiles*
is it as good (or even better) than full house, sweet 18, my girl and MNIKSS?

chesca_85

Post by chesca_85 » Jun 14th, '06, 03:33

i just watched the first episode and so far i like it. :D

its funny and there seem to be a lot of things that could potentially happen in the coming episodes.
that is why i can't wait to see the rest!

i just hope that others seed it so that the download speed could be faster :unsure: :whistling: ... hehe!!! :D

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » Jun 14th, '06, 03:40

you enjoyed it? great! let me know how the rest of the series goes =)
i don't have adsl/broadband in my area (even though i live 15 mins from the city!) =_=
which means i have to buy my k-drama! im kinda broke, so i need to be choosey \(^.^)/

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 19th, '06, 05:41

grrr i've watched them all but the last one! but i cant watch it cuz no SUBS ahhh! im dying! anyone know if someone is subbing the last episode? thanks in advance! oh and to answer ur question, this drama is a MUST SEE, its funny and cute and romantic. the OST is to die for! i really do recommend it!

vinyalhaw

Post by vinyalhaw » Jun 24th, '06, 23:23

~I bought the series cause Dabin was on the cover (like her since The Guy was Gorgeous, He was Cool)
~later to my finding it is crazy-hillarious-laughing out loud type of drama ..
~Yoon Kye Sang is yummy.. :wub:
~a must see drama~

danchemistry

Post by danchemistry » Jan 10th, '07, 08:07

Any one know why the total of episode in yesasia is 24
here is the link if you dont trust me http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 003944783/

annthizzle

Post by annthizzle » Jan 20th, '07, 19:46

this movie was okaii not the best movie i watch!!

korel

Post by korel » Mar 23rd, '07, 10:20

just finished this one. i like the story. yoon kye sang was so sweet! loved watching those scenes where we see how seung jae develops feelings for yoo min..cried some on parts where yoo min still cannot see seung jae's affections for her :-( ... love that scene where he sang on stage :wub: .. oh loved the soundtrack too! :D

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Mar 25th, '07, 18:50

I think this drama was ok. Though I don´t really like main actress... for some reason she annoyis me, the way she acts...

And I´m not satisfied with ending. In my opinion it was too rushed. It almost feels like they vere running out of time or sommething.

srs.cassiopeia

Post by srs.cassiopeia » May 5th, '07, 10:39

This is definitely one of my most loved dramas! I totally liked it better than full house. It's true what the others said that Yoon Kye Sang overshadows Kim Jae Won! I loved the chemistry between Jung Da Bin and Yoon Kye Sang. And to think that this was the first major acting role of Yoon Kye Sang, he played it so well! After this watching this series, I took time to look him up and found that he was a former singer for G.O.D. I then watched one of their MVs and found it to be really good. =D It definitely exceeded my expectations of a Korean boy band.

uladelz

Post by uladelz » Jun 4th, '07, 20:25

srs.cassiopeia wrote:I loved the chemistry between Jung Da Bin and Yoon Kye Sang.
Ditto!

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Apr 15th, '08, 16:15

Want to reanimate this thread, since YKS is back again ^-^ hope this drama will get some attention... the attention it deserved *in my opinion*

Actually I watched it already last year.. ans as soon as I realized the chemistry between Jun Da Bin and Yoon Kye Sang I was caught :-)
Well, and the music did the rest.... I'm mentioning it 'cause I finally found this short humming version from episode 1..if I don't see the scenes before my eyes it's the best lullaby ever :wub: