[TwDrama] Mars (CTS, 2004)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
christaluvsdrama

[TwDrama] Mars (CTS, 2004)

Post by christaluvsdrama » Feb 21st, '07, 02:06

There's this scene in MARS where after Tong Dao tried to kill Qi Lou and Ling came and rescued her and almost close to killing Tong Dao after beating him to a pulp for almost killing Qi Lou(if you've seen it you know what Im talking about) as they walk away Tong Dao say's this to Ling: "Closeness Breeds Hatred" (MARS Ep 13)

What's your interpretation of Tong Dao's words to Ling?

I'm asking everyone because I'm a person who over analyzes and I came across that part after watching MARS again. I realized that I don't really understand what he meant.
Attachments
MARS.jpg
MARS.jpg (41.12 KiB) Viewed 4311 times
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Mar 25th, '07, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 21st, '07, 22:48

I believe Tong Dao meant that we hate those similar to us. In some way, we hate ourselves for whatever bizzard reasons. And, we would do anything to suppress/reject/deny the part we hate. But, if someone with the same characteristic shows up in front us, we tend to transfer the self-hatre onto that person.

In Ling's case, Tong Dao reminds him of his blood-lust, his darkside. Whereas Qi Rou simply pitied Tong Dao for his dark view of the world, Ling seeked to destroy Tong Dao and everything he stood for.

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 24th, '07, 23:37

omg peeps!! i thought the last ep was ep13!!! ahh!!!....................oh! konnichiwa christaluvsdrama!!! you've changed your avatar.......sailor moons gone.......anyway back on topic.................so i didnt download anymore!!! ergh!! and now its taking FOREVER to download!!!!!! ergh!!! sooooo mad at myself!!!! lol but they JUST HAD TO END IT when the girl quil lio or whatever her name is lol........says that her dad raped her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh!!!!! but i cant believe that liang actually did that to her to find the truth!! i mean that was mean!!! :( i cant believe her DAD RAPED HER!!!!! OMG!!!! so shocked!!!!!!!!!!! i love liang..........*sigh* cough cough...............anyway......i cant believe they had to end it like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO ANNOYED!!!!! ERGH!!!!!

Tweedyy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Tweedyy » Mar 24th, '07, 23:58

mm i agree with Kumaxell..
the theme was really apparent throughout the manga..

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 25th, '07, 00:06

wow!!!!! my download of mars is going WELL FAST!!! shi shi.....whoever is seeding!!!!!!!!! SHI SHI..........:D

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 25th, '07, 07:11

@Kumaxell
Thx for replying :) after watching it over so many times lol I can understand, after reading what you said. I myself haven't experienced such experiences such as jealousy and hating others because they remind you of yourself, therefore you hate yourself. I've experienced self-hate before, just not reflecting it on any other person besides myself. Understanding this, I realize that I want to learn more about different aspects of a people who think that sort of way.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 25th, '07, 07:19

xkawaiix wrote:omg peeps!! i thought the last ep was ep13!!! ahh!!!....................oh! konnichiwa christaluvsdrama!!! you've changed your avatar.......sailor moons gone.......anyway back on topic.................so i didnt download anymore!!! ergh!! and now its taking FOREVER to download!!!!!! ergh!!! sooooo mad at myself!!!! lol but they JUST HAD TO END IT when the girl quil lio or whatever her name is lol........says that her dad raped her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh!!!!! but i cant believe that liang actually did that to her to find the truth!! i mean that was mean!!! :( i cant believe her DAD RAPED HER!!!!! OMG!!!! so shocked!!!!!!!!!!! i love liang..........*sigh* cough cough...............anyway......i cant believe they had to end it like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO ANNOYED!!!!! ERGH!!!!!
KONNICHIWA kawaii :D

Yeah, I had to change it to something more ME hehe :whistling: . I've got ISWAK on my mind all the time lol Wo AI AI AI IT!!!! :wub: This is your first time watching MARS?? Its really good I own it myself and also its showing on TV too. If you have the channel AZNTV its showing there. Anywho, did you know that Vic and Barbie(Qi Lou & Ling) are together in real life? They've been together for like 3 or more years. I think they make a great couple

Princess_Mabs

Post by Princess_Mabs » Mar 25th, '07, 07:53

Tong Dao indeed had a neurological situation and somehow his words are purely based on strong emotions of rejection and of finding someone who can truly give him the love that he so longs for. Hence, Tong Dao's words in my opinion may mean more of a metaphor and he finds Zhen Ling as the
perfect entity to his desire and longings perhaps not on a romantical terms but more on fraternal insinuations.

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 25th, '07, 18:55

wow!!! really christaluvsdrama???? amazing!!!!! didnt know there together!!!! they look REALLY good together!!! hehe.....no wonder they were going at it, in the kissing scenes!!!! haha!!! :lol they are really cute together!!!! :D the girl is REALLY good at acting!!!!! so is the bloke............but the girl is better!!!! omg!!! i cannot believe that she moved back in with her dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ergh!!!!!! SO ANNOYNED!!!! why would she do that!!!!??? is she puntei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ergh!!!!!!! her mother is the one that is SELFISH!!!! not her!!!!! ergh!!!!! i would leave my mum if she believed that puntei pervert!!!!! ergh!!!! makes me soooooooooooooooooooooo ANGRY!!!!! :cussing: :cussing:

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 26th, '07, 20:58

i have JUST finshed mars by the way!!!!!!! I HATE TONG DOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ergh!!!!! makes me sooooo angry!!!! but yeah its a good ending!!!! awwwwwww......they are soooooo good together!!!!!!!! :D

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 26th, '07, 22:41

Yeah they do. I plan on watching it today after I watch the last ep of HYD2 for the millionth time hehe :P

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 27th, '07, 09:17

i cant stop thinking about MARS!!!! ergh!!! its soooo annoying!!! he is soooooo sweet to her though!!! :D so cute!!! i envy them :(

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 31st, '07, 18:20

is there any other HOT chinese/taiwanese dramas????? :lol

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 31st, '07, 23:22

Kawaii
ummmmmm Have you seen Devil Beside You, ISWAK, Hana Kimi, Smiling Pasta, Reaching For The Stars, The Rose, Meteor Garden #1&2, Meteor Rain, Lavendar#1&#2, My MVP Valentine, Love At Aegean Sea, Starry Starry Night, Prince Who Turns Into A Frog, Purple Love. I'm assuming you've seen ISWAK& Devil Beside You and Hana Kimi and Smiling Pasta RIGHT!!!!? ALSO that you know that there are sequels coming for: ISWAK#2, DEVIL BESIDE YOU#2, SMILIING PASTA#2, HANA KIMI#2

if you don't want to dl these you can find some at : www.crunchyroll.com www.youtube.com www.dailymotion.com www.veoh.com http://video.google.com/ If you can't find some just let me know and I'll give you the links that I know of

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Mar 31st, '07, 23:32

NANDAO??!!! there is a sequel for DBY?????? NANDAO??!!!! i LOVED that drama!!!!! yay!!!!! i havent seen smiling pasta??? is it hot?? lol i mean romantic if ya know what i mean? :lol lol

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 01:38

xkawaiix wrote:NANDAO??!!! there is a sequel for DBY?????? NANDAO??!!!! i LOVED that drama!!!!! yay!!!!! i havent seen smiling pasta??? is it hot?? lol i mean romantic if ya know what i mean? :lol lol
Its a romance comedy drama. I luved it. you should watch it

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 01:48

christaluvsdrama wrote:
xkawaiix wrote:NANDAO??!!! there is a sequel for DBY?????? NANDAO??!!!! i LOVED that drama!!!!! yay!!!!! i havent seen smiling pasta??? is it hot?? lol i mean romantic if ya know what i mean? :lol lol
Its a romance comedy drama. I luved it. you should watch it
There's a sequel for DBY??

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 1st, '07, 01:54

mars is the perfect taiwanese drama! vic and barbie are sooo good together! yeah and i love them as a couple haha! they're perfect together!

i've watched it countless times and i still can't get enough of it! :wub:

and their kissing scenes? HOT!!! vic is so HOT here!!!!!

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 02:10

:P :lol PPL you guys should be checking out updated info at DramaWiki. Yes theres going to be a sequel also it does help to watch like CTV or CTS if you have it on your TV they even have subtitles for ppl who don't understand...hold on I think it depends on you TV nvm heres the link
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Devil_Beside_You_2
[/url]

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 02:24

christaluvsdrama wrote::P :lol PPL you guys should be checking out updated info at DramaWiki. Yes theres going to be a sequel also it does help to watch like CTV or CTS if you have it on your TV they even have subtitles for ppl who don't understand...hold on I think it depends on you TV nvm heres the link
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Devil_Beside_You_2
[/url]
My CTV stations only show HBO movies. I guess we have to order the CTV channel

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Apr 1st, '07, 12:27

arigatou christa!!!!!! :D

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 9th, '07, 01:23

I read the manga first, it was a very unusual story. Since I know the story and love Barbie I watched this at CTS eventhough without subtitles.

xkawaiix

Post by xkawaiix » Apr 17th, '07, 12:34

it is an unusual story, but it WAS GOOD! lots of LOVING LOL! :lol

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Apr 28th, '07, 21:33

^-^ Read the manga first, too --> GREAT!!! and after looking for some pics of it in the world wide web I found pics of the show o-o --> brought me to the drama, then Vic & Barbie and at last to d-addicts ^-^

I proudly can say, "Mars" was my first time :mrgreen:

well, I'd dl the files from d-addicts, but ... do you guys know, if there is somewhere a version of higher quality?
Last edited by littledraci on Apr 13th, '08, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

cluelessyf

Post by cluelessyf » Apr 29th, '07, 21:43

does anyone know who the singer/band? for the opening mars song is?

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 30th, '07, 02:10

cluelessyf wrote:does anyone know who the singer/band? for the opening mars song is?
Yes :D The song is called Ling(Zero) by Alan Kuo he's an actor and singer :-)

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 13th, '08, 20:18

I LOVE this drama. It cannot possibly be any more profound. I loved teh manga and I was really happy that drama followed it closely. It had teh same feeling as manga it was simple, beautiful and meaningful + very interesting and touching.

Cast was ok. Though I doubted Vic Zhou for a while but even though his acting was weak at times he did great job. Barbie Xu. I hated her in this role. Her Kira was too dull. She didn't shine but only played along with others.

OST was lovely! Especially the opening song :wub:

IrisJuylyenne

Post by IrisJuylyenne » Aug 8th, '08, 08:08

I'm happy to know that they are doing one of my most favorite manga justice with this show. Vic is the perfect real world match for Ling (to me he's Rei lol). I can see alot of qiluo(kira) in Barbie too. I would have cried if they messed it up. But they did not. Now if only it would download faster :) :wub:

Aiko_

Post by Aiko_ » Aug 12th, '08, 13:23

My dream was to watch MARS drama, cause the manga is definetelly my favourite. The drama is SO good .. I adore Vic Zhou and he was so cool as Ling. I enjoyed this drama :wub:

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Aug 15th, '08, 23:44

Mars is my all time favorite drama. I have watched it over and over again. It was nice to finally see a drama tackle deep psycological issues. Ling and Qui Lou were the perfect couple and it had a great ending. I loved how the drama makes you think about your inner feelings.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Aug 16th, '08, 00:25

I read the first volume of the manga like 2 years before watching the drama(then stopped reading). xD
After I watched the drama, I read the manga. I prefer the drama though.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Aug 16th, '08, 19:50

Zealousy wrote:I read the first volume of the manga like 2 years before watching the drama(then stopped reading). xD
everyone keeps talking about the manga. is it avai;able to read online and how long is it?

Spherical07

Re: [TwDrama] Mars (CTS, 2004)

Post by Spherical07 » Aug 16th, '08, 20:01

christaluvsdrama wrote:
There's this scene in MARS where after Tong Dao tried to kill Qi Lou and Ling came and rescued her and almost close to killing Tong Dao after beating him to a pulp for almost killing Qi Lou(if you've seen it you know what Im talking about) as they walk away Tong Dao say's this to Ling: "Closeness Breeds Hatred" (MARS Ep 13)

What's your interpretation of Tong Dao's words to Ling?

I'm asking everyone because I'm a person who over analyzes and I came across that part after watching MARS again. I realized that I don't really understand what he meant.
I feel it was a reference to Ling's twin, Sheng. Ling told Qi Luo that he told Sheng about their biological father and that he knew what it would do to Sheng. I also think it was a reference about how Sheng felt toward Ling at times. Ling was always the outgoing one with lots of friends. Yet, Ling felt jealousy, and at times probably hate, toward Sheng because he was the one who got all of their father's attention. He was favored while Ling was looked upon as the black sheep. There are lots of ways that the line could be interrpreted.

Sorry for making little sense. I just got off work, and my mind is still racing.

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » Sep 23rd, '08, 21:33

Lucille wrote:
Zealousy wrote:I read the first volume of the manga like 2 years before watching the drama(then stopped reading). xD
everyone keeps talking about the manga. is it avai;able to read online and how long is it?
it's not too long
you can find it in your local bookstore possibly, definitely on Amazon
if you type "read manga online" in google the first links probably have it there

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jun 16th, '10, 13:48

Besides silentregrets.com where else can I download this drama? I haven't found any torrent either.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jun 16th, '10, 14:59

gilnis wrote:Besides silentregrets.com where else can I download this drama? I haven't found any torrent either.
Silent regrets is your best bet. When I watched this drama, I had to find episodes all over the place. Some from random websites, Veoh, megaupload, bit torrent. It was a nightmare. I was so happy to find Silent Regrets with all of the episodes in one place. There is no complete set of MARS. Some of it is hardsubs and some is softsubs. Some is in rmvb format and some is in wma format. If you are having a really hard time. Send me an email and I will try to send you what I have in zip format.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jun 16th, '10, 20:40

Lucille, thanks. I've sent you a pm.

Living_the_Song

Post by Living_the_Song » Sep 15th, '10, 03:00

Thanks for the link, Lucille! ^_^

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 16th, '10, 09:00