I so wanna get some of those actor's hairstyles.

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
AmCo

Post by AmCo » Aug 14th, '06, 16:39

bump :) tips for hairstyle

nuclear

Re: I so wanna get some of those actor's hairstyles.

Post by nuclear » Aug 16th, '06, 18:26

TheCerebralAssassin wrote:Like the guy on the left here, [img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... atcast.jpg[/img] or something like it. Any tips? I already have hair texture similar to that and I thin my hair when it gets too thick. I guess I'll also need a hair straightening iron and a stronger hair clay.

do you reallly need that :unsure: isnt there just a good shampoo that straighten your hair :whistling:

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Aug 18th, '06, 04:51

jonnyboi wrote:hey u guys i juz need to know how long my hair has to grow out until i can get a "shaggy cut" similar Lee Dong Wook in MY GIRL. Plus CerebralAssassin is the dep sculpting thing really strong? Cause im using garnier fructis wax and its good for the first few hours but my hair eventually returns to its normal state.
Dep is pretty decent for short-to-mid hair. The one I'm currently using is by Sebastian Xtra Styling wax. It's 20 bucks, but worth it.

eturny

Post by eturny » Aug 18th, '06, 06:47

Garnier products are terrible. For me, that is.

Anywho, I have a guy friend who attempted to get the Korean guys' hair and it never actually worked out--relaxed, straightened, thinned, he tried many of it. So... back to the army cut.

But yea, these Korean actors do have the finest-looking hair. More groomed than mines... Wow.

And I don't see no picture in Post 1 to know who you're trying to look like.. XD

My computer?

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Aug 18th, '06, 17:18

I'm done trying to get asian hairstyles. I'm just going for the sophisticated, yet good looking hair. Like my hetero-idol.

[img]http://www.thisyearsgirl.com/images/crushes/denis2.jpg[/img]

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Sep 6th, '06, 04:10

Any tips about blow dryers?

eturny

Post by eturny » Sep 7th, '06, 03:45

Who's the idol?

And... air dry? Messing... =P

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Sep 10th, '06, 00:41

Well the picture didn't come out. It's Denis Leary. He has this cool, professional looking type hair.

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Sep 11th, '06, 20:02

well, to get it exactly like the guy it's alot of work and here's why u will probably not get it like him

1) his hair is long, it doens't look long, but if u stretch it out, the front is probably gonna touch his mouth or chin, my hair is like up to my mouth when i straighten it out, and let me tell u, it's no where near as long as his. his is gonna be longer than his face. so by the picutre of ur hair, it's too short. if you grow ur hair as fast as mine, it'll take 6 months or more.

2) the dye in his hair, he probably have it dye like about once every 1-2 weeks to get that even tone, asian hair are normaly jet black, and if u die it semi blond like that, when the hair grow out, the new part has different color :)

3) to keep long hair like that and be that neat, he's visiting the salon very often, the longer the hair the thicker it gets and the harder it is to have it neat. these guys don't get hair cut, they get hair trim, basically instead of getting a cut, they rarely ever cut it, they snipe it to lessen the volume, at the same time trimming it to look clean/neat while keeping the hair lengh. ofcouse by doing this u'll be visiting the salon like once a week because the hair will grow back out so fast.

4) the hair looks like it's not very neatly in place, but the truth is, every freaking morning, he'll spent about 30min alone to style it to look like that and keep it like that. prior to that, inorder to have that shape, he probably went to the salon and curl it a few times to have that certain shape, or u can also wear a hat for a few weeks... it'll work :)

5) u need a stylist that know your hair and work with your hair, if u keep switching barbers they normally mess it up when they cut it for the 1st time.

If u live in the US, most guys have short spiky hair, not because it looks better than these korean guys' hair, but because it's easier to maintain and get it right, and when u get spiky hair right, it looks better than these korean style when u don't get it right.

so unless u have a bit of money to maintain the hair, or u're in the performing fields, i wouldn't try to have that hair, it's alot of work :) i have long hair (well shorter than those korean dudes, but about 3-4 times as long as those spiky guys)... it gets dirty fast and it doesn't look good when u just cut it (too short)...and in summer time it's really hot. but because i'm used to it, i don't wanna change. if it was up to me, i rather have short hair lol.

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Sep 11th, '06, 20:07

ohcrapimonfire wrote:Hi,

Anyone know of a good Asian salon in the NYC/NJ area? I'm actually from Central Jersey but I go into the city a lot... and I am in desperate need of a cute haircut :D

Thanks!
if that's u in the avatar it looks good to me :)... u can try curling it like those girls in the korean drama, but long hair like that there isn't much styling lol. just long straight hair, and sometimes that looks good.

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Sep 12th, '06, 21:47

Well I finally got a professional haircut. By bangs now go a tiny below my eyebrows, the lower back is a littlel ong so if I straighten it I can do that little asian mullet and the top back is short so I can spike it.

jonnyboi

Post by jonnyboi » Sep 14th, '06, 23:21

has anyone tried ICE products mainly the distortion styling gum?

http://www.joico.com/html/np_productdet ... atID=6#118

i'm trying to get a hairstyle that is wet looking and messy like the guy on the site with the retro style:

http://www.joico.com/html/np_hairstyles ... .php?ID=11

plz recommend other products that would give results like this plz

thnx.

elsya

Best Japanese thermal-reconditioning straightening system wi

Post by elsya » Oct 10th, '06, 00:19

Hi, guys!
10/7/06-Salon Juno (Bellevue, WA) is the top #1 in Japanese thermal-reconditioning straightening system with strong solutions. I highly recommended my hairstylists: Dean (and or together with Karen Lee). Now I'm ready for upcoming new job interviews. Thank you! Elsya; Bellevue, WA :thumright:

r3n

Hairstyles

Post by r3n » Mar 30th, '07, 23:32

Does anybody know how you get your hair to look like this?

[img]http://www.beauty-box.jp/style/mens/image/102_l.jpg[/img]

Like not spiking the hair but spiking the hair and still look so SOFT. It looks like he hasn't put any gel or wax onto his hair because it looks soft. And also, if someone were to push on your head, the hair would still come back up spiking

Does anybody know how to do it? Thanks.

i_ming

Post by i_ming » Mar 31st, '07, 07:32

look into a product called "Gatsby"

it's a japanese brand and might be difficult to find, but it's the best hair product for these type of styles.

i_ming

Re: Hairstyles

Post by i_ming » Mar 31st, '07, 07:34

r3n wrote:Does anybody know how you get your hair to look like this?

[img]http://www.beauty-box.jp/style/mens/image/102_l.jpg[/img]

Like not spiking the hair but spiking the hair and still look so SOFT. It looks like he hasn't put any gel or wax onto his hair because it looks soft. And also, if someone were to push on your head, the hair would still come back up spiking

Does anybody know how to do it? Thanks.
ask your stylist for a "shaggy" cut, and he/she will use a razor to cut your hair. the edges will be all uneven like that.

also look into the Gatsby products i mentioned in the earlier post.

http://www.gatsby.jp/index.html

i like the wax in the red jar the best.

veritati

Post by veritati » Apr 2nd, '07, 01:58

If you can find a place that sells it, try Gatsby's new Moving Rubber line. Get the purple container. It holds great wihtout making your hair feeling hard and matted - it actually feels soft and yet not too silky, not to mention a lot easier to wash off.

I also use Arimino professional brand wax that I get from my stylist - also purple but in a tube - and it is great.

dhiNe

Post by dhiNe » May 7th, '07, 17:52

i like jiro wang's hair on guys =)