[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
aero love

Post by aero love » Feb 22nd, '07, 07:08

i finally finished watching this show and i absolutely love it! i was pretty satisfied with the ending, but i hope there will be a second season :)

evhime

Post by evhime » Feb 25th, '07, 18:06

I'm on episode 6 and I am loving it so far. It's so funny! And the music in it is just fantastic. :D

gs56cb

Post by gs56cb » Feb 28th, '07, 03:50

i like this show, but i can't download the other episodes because something is wrong with S-projects page. lol.

tokhoi

Post by tokhoi » Mar 2nd, '07, 07:47

does anyone have the song that they play in the 9th and 11th episode. in the 11th episode it is the last song that they play before they do the last show. when i heard the song it sounded so familiar and i finally figured out what it is. i heard the tune before because it's the same tune of Ayaka Hirahara's song Jupiter, after looking it up here tune us from a section of the 1916 orchestral suite entitled The Planets, which was composed by Gustav Holst. i'm going to start looking for this song if i find it i'll post it here. if someone else has this song please let me know by either posting here or pm me. thx in advanced.

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Mar 2nd, '07, 20:15

Just watched it because everybody kept talking about how good it was. And I loved it. I especially liked that Nodame & Chiaki are both strong characters and can stand on their own feet. Sometimes I felt like they should encourage each other more (like they do in other doramas) but it always worked out and was always believable. Good story, good acting and funny! I have to listen to classic music more :P

yokubou

Post by yokubou » Mar 31st, '07, 02:37

does anybody know about lesson12 D:?
I've seen stuff about it, it's like some kinda xmas one it's called 'last lesson' or something....

I really want to see it....

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 31st, '07, 02:43

I can't wait till Nodame Cantabile #2 comes out hehehehe I LUV SEQUELS heheheheheh

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 31st, '07, 15:48

wait is Nodame season 2 confirmed!! if so then i'm SO HAPPY!!! i luv nodame and chiaki! hopefully if there is season 2 they will show more romance between those 2! :lol

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Mar 31st, '07, 17:41

I can't wait for the 2nd season either. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED NODAME XD the ending was quite satsifactory, alot better than many dramas...I hope the 2nd one is just as good (because most of the time, 2nd seasons always end up ruining the drama ><) I shall not be pessimistic...^_^

Hey was there ever any subs for the smapxsmap show they were on and the special....I DIEING to know still what they are talking about and how they produced this awesome series.
Last edited by Luffa on Mar 31st, '07, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

sweetanna

Post by sweetanna » Mar 31st, '07, 17:57

s-projects did subtitles for the part of the SMAPxSMAP show they appeared...

it was the Bistro part and it is bundled with the RAW of ep 8 if you need it

enjoy...it was pretty funny...

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Mar 31st, '07, 20:40

sweetanna wrote:s-projects did subtitles for the part of the SMAPxSMAP show they appeared...

it was the Bistro part and it is bundled with the RAW of ep 8 if you need it

enjoy...it was pretty funny...
why thankyou =3 I shall download that right now, good thing I didn't burn the episodes yet, I was just about to ^^; you saved me from a great deal of frustration

gujjugal

Post by gujjugal » Apr 1st, '07, 18:42

ohmygosh
i LOVE this drama. its definately one of my faves!!
the main guy is just hott.
i have a question..if i want to watch teh SMAP episode? would i DL the batch [ep8/and smap] and then get the smap subs from the other site.? or what?
please help..i relaly want to watch it!! =)

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 1st, '07, 18:59

ohhooooo....saw a peek at this one...didn't really like the personality of NODAME...she just seemed tooo DESPERATE...ugh....but the guy....whoever he is...played pretty good as far as i saw in the drama....very good looking in this drama....lol....but WHY?!!!!! WHY DOES THE FEMALE PROTAGONIST ALWAYS HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS!!!!!!

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Apr 1st, '07, 19:18

I just watched this drama not to long ago and found it very funny :lol ...Though I didn't agree with the main lead hitting the female lead sometimes...It was still so funny to see her try and get his attention and his reaction to her advances on him was funny to see. I wonder if there will be Nodame Cantabile 2 soon.

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Apr 1st, '07, 21:20

hi
Im trying to download ep 8 and 9, but the torrens are not good Y__Y
when I click on them ( the small version) it send me to and error page =(
this has been happening since 2 weeks ago -_-....
i dunno what can I do =(
please help!
anyways, all the rest of the torrents work.

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Apr 1st, '07, 22:06

I finished to watch this drama..It's wonderful!!!

In last christmas, i don't like Tamaki Hiroshi but in this drama he is very good!

Now, i'am fan!!

gujjugal

Post by gujjugal » Apr 2nd, '07, 04:38

i have a question..does anyone know if there are manga scanlations online for the manga this was based of??
i would love to finish up the story! and im sry if this was already asked before..i just dont have time to search through the pages.. =(

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Apr 2nd, '07, 05:26

gujjugal wrote:ohmygosh
i have a question..if i want to watch teh SMAP episode? would i DL the batch [ep8/and smap] and then get the smap subs from the other site.? or what?
please help..i relaly want to watch it!! =)
yup thats what I did, downloaded the ep 8 and smapxsmap batch and the .SRT soft sub file from the s-projects website.

gujjugal wrote: i have a question..does anyone know if there are manga scanlations online for the manga this was based of??
i would love to finish up the story! and im sry if this was already asked before..i just dont have time to search through the pages.. =(
uhh I found a site that is translating the manga...but you have ot join their forums to view it and post 10 msg xD yeah sucks eh...anyways here is the link: http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Evil_Em ... topic=4657

just scroll down to nodame.
You may be able to find more....

MoonKnight

Post by MoonKnight » Apr 4th, '07, 09:37

I just watched the entire drama in two nights. I really liked this, it was quite moving.

I'm really hoping they'll come out with a season 2.

Watching this really makes me want to pick up the manga. I've never read manga in my life, but I may start now because of this drama. Really very well done.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Apr 6th, '07, 15:04

I bought the DVDs yesterday and has finished everything within one day :D the drama is really wonderful, funny and sweet scenes along with classical music ... and i really think it would probably be season 2... since we still dont know what happen next after the concert and whether nodame and chiaki will go to France together or not

Aww,, i'm really looking forward to second season ^^ Juri Ueno is so talented, and she's only 21 years old ^^

MoonKnight

Post by MoonKnight » Apr 6th, '07, 17:46

Well technically we do know what will happen because the drama is based on the manga. The drama only goes up to volume 9, while I believe there are 16 or 17 volumes out currently.

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Apr 6th, '07, 18:03

Ah yes...the manga! I am dieing toknow what happens to and how the actors play out the scenes xD I m currently trying ot get all my friends to watch this amazing drama since many don't know about it (no Johnnys, go figure! Although Tamaki Hiroshi could beat some Johnny boys anyday)
I happen to have seen it by accident, and I am SO glad I did. The acting was superb and the characters very lovable. THis was the first time I totally loved the pairing, those 2 go very well together.

I do hope there is just as good of an ending in season 2.
I wonder if they will shorten/change the manga much =S Maybe I should read it as a spoiler ^^;

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Apr 7th, '07, 03:27

I just finished this and I love it!!!!! I also agree that a season 2 would be fantastic!! :D Chiaki gets on my nerves but somehow at the end, it's just "awww"... everything is just right, haha. Hope they'll film a sequel!!

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » Apr 8th, '07, 23:48

Luffa wrote:Ah yes...the manga! I am dieing toknow what happens to and how the actors play out the scenes xD I m currently trying ot get all my friends to watch this amazing drama since many don't know about it (no Johnnys, go figure! Although Tamaki Hiroshi could beat some Johnny boys anyday)
I totally thought that he was in Johnny's when I was watching. He musta been rejected cuz' he's not..."pretty*cough*girly*cough*" enough.

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Apr 9th, '07, 02:00

Tanpoporin wrote:
Luffa wrote:Ah yes...the manga! I am dieing toknow what happens to and how the actors play out the scenes xD I m currently trying ot get all my friends to watch this amazing drama since many don't know about it (no Johnnys, go figure! Although Tamaki Hiroshi could beat some Johnny boys anyday)
I totally thought that he was in Johnny's when I was watching. He musta been rejected cuz' he's not..."pretty*cough*girly*cough*" enough.
ROFLLL! OMG I thought so too! But then I am like...wait....he is WAY too mature and professional xD (not that Johnny's aren't, but they have an "idol" boy air around them if you know what I mean ^^) but yeah, Hiroshi is sooo cool. I love his acting and voice. ...gah even his name is cool ^___^ HIROOOO <33

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Apr 10th, '07, 00:43

I'm just now getting around to watching this. Are thre soft subs for this? If so , where are they?. Thanks in advance for any help. :wub:

Must also make note to Awesome Jae Banner of the above member. *Also a Jae fan <3*

Luffa

Post by Luffa » Apr 10th, '07, 06:20

man I think I am becoming a regular visitor to this thread LOL

sure, why not ... I can help a jae fan in need xD muhahaha :wub:

If you go to Subtitle Index > Nodame Cantabile, the soft subs for episode 1-3 are there for download...what the heck, I will just give you the link to that page: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40432.htm

For the rest of the subs (including the smapxsmap special), you can find them in s-projects website: http://s-projects.org
You have to sign up there on the main page.

...and go here to access all the soft-subs: http://www.s-projects.org/index.php?cat ... ectionid=6

hope that helps :thumright:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Apr 10th, '07, 07:18

Luffa wrote:man I think I am becoming a regular visitor to this thread LOL

sure, why not ... I can help a jae fan in need xD muhahaha :wub:

If you go to Subtitle Index > Nodame Cantabile, the soft subs for episode 1-3 are there for download...what the heck, I will just give you the link to that page: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40432.htm

For the rest of the subs (including the smapxsmap special), you can find them in s-projects website: http://s-projects.org
You have to sign up there on the main page.

...and go here to access all the soft-subs: http://www.s-projects.org/index.php?cat ... ectionid=6

hope that helps :thumright:
Jae fans unite.
Thanks alot. I saw the ones for eps 1-3 , but I was kinda miffed when I didn't see them for the later eps , so I was thinking I had missed them on the site entirely.

Thanks again. :wub:

benjerry

Post by benjerry » Apr 15th, '07, 08:39

We enjoy this series very much here. We viewed the entire series for at least a half dozen times!

My wife (she's japanese) told me that a special will be broadcasted in the autumn. :cheers:

As for a sequel based on the anime.. according to my wife's knowledge this would be hard for japanese tv to produce because the story continues in europe.

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Apr 17th, '07, 03:41

A special, really?? That would be so great. :) I haven't watched the last episode because I don't want it to end..... :unsure:

Maz0r

Post by Maz0r » Apr 17th, '07, 16:31

Yeah it seems technically hard to see the sequel in Europe adapted on TV, but well, for it has been highly awarded, I think sponsors will be really generous for an hypothetic sequel, I may be wrong but I don't remember any drama being as much awarded having a sequel potential like this one, so we can hope to see it.

Anyway, I think they just don't have to shoot the whole thing in France, just some scenes and shots, the most part of the drama being shot inside that's no big deal

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 18th, '07, 00:45

but there was a long section in a castle too that would be difficult. Not to mention traveling around for the competitions, etc

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 18th, '07, 04:37

^ if they're smart about it, they would capitalize on the time ueno juri was in france filming jodan ja nai... :whistling:

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Apr 21st, '07, 12:45

^^

i honestLy think this drama is boring ... the onLy good thing here chiaki-sama is soooo hootttt!!!.. nodame on the other hand is annoying... tsk tsk..

chiakisama

Post by chiakisama » Apr 21st, '07, 20:13

This is my favorite drama!!!!!!! nodame is supposed to be annoying, and it's based on a real person. Any news of a special? It seems like it's about time....

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Apr 22nd, '07, 01:01

LOL! :lol karin-chan: give nodame a chance! yes she seems a bit annoying at first, but we grow to understand and love her, just like chiaki...
Plus, the music selection is great!

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Apr 22nd, '07, 05:43

hai hai jime-chan!!! since you said its a good drama then iLL continue watching :D

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 22nd, '07, 06:20

The thing about Nodame Cantabile it makes me luv Classical much more. Even though it wasn't all about romance, it was always pleasant watching. I also loved Nodame's character. I really loved the comedy here. Chiaki Sempai is sooooooo SHUAI!!! I luv really loved everything about this. I can't wait till Nodame Cantabile 2 I really hope they'll follow through with making the #2

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Apr 24th, '07, 14:20

whhhuuuaaattttt?!?!?! theres a season 2 of this!!?!?!

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Apr 25th, '07, 07:36

Hello,
I have a question about the BGM in Nodame Cantabile (if you do not have the OST, do not read this post :-) ). The theme "Miruhi no odori" also appears in the anime version of Nodame, under another title and with different arrangement. Does someone know whether this cue is adapted from classical music, or was it really composed by Hattori Takayuki for the drama??? Any info would be appreciated…
By the way, is it just my impression or many themes on the OST seem not to appear in the series?

SkriK

Post by SkriK » Apr 29th, '07, 00:09

You sure there's gonna be a 2nd series? Since it's kinda hard to believe that they're gonna shoot it in Prag. The anime will have a 2nd one though, but I doubt the jdrama.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Apr 29th, '07, 01:58

There is no season 2. A lot of people really hope that there will be one, and persist in declaring its inevitability despite any indication or reason to the contrary.

noinimod

Post by noinimod » May 1st, '07, 02:24

hi all,

does anyone know where i can get english softsubs for the 720p version of this drama?
i've downloaded the BIG5 720p version with chinese softsubs but found out that the s-projects' subs are not synced to this..
really wish to watch this drama
thanks!

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » May 1st, '07, 22:04

I just so love Nodame Cantabile! I like it much better than HDY b/c it makes me appreciate classical music so much more and all the characters in here are so loveable. The acting is also great because I can feel their great love for music. The actors were able to express that special relationship. The director was also great b/c he/she shot it in a way that makes it look like the actors have been playing their instrument all their life.

I have a question though, the Contrabass it looks like a Cello to me. Forgive me for my ignorance but whats the difference between the two???

lilkorsy

Post by lilkorsy » May 2nd, '07, 02:16

is there going to be a season 2 for nodame cantabile live action drama???
SOMEONE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ ANSWER BACKKKKKKK.

lilkorsy

Post by lilkorsy » May 2nd, '07, 02:29

christaluvsdrama wrote:I can't wait till Nodame Cantabile #2 comes out hehehehe I LUV SEQUELS heheheheheh

wait...if there is a sequel then is it the live drama and is it confirmedddd???

daelite

Post by daelite » May 2nd, '07, 22:28

lilkorsy wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:I can't wait till Nodame Cantabile #2 comes out hehehehe I LUV SEQUELS heheheheheh

It is NOT confirmed. Because of the length and story arcs in the manga there is material to make a second season so a lot of people hope there is. But this is just fans hoping so... yeah. If you want to know more of the story you could check out the manga or the anime, but for now you'll have to wait to see if a season 2 is ever announced.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 3rd, '07, 00:40

A quick question, I come from the clasical music world, singing; is this series good to watch related to this area?

wi2en

Post by wi2en » May 3rd, '07, 08:34

nodame's my fave dorama ever! it's addictive.
it would be so nice to see the sequel (if there'll be one)

*Ginoru: i think Nodame could be your reference, if you are into classical music. if you found out that it's not too useful, then Nodame is still very fun to watch ^^

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 3rd, '07, 12:36

wi2en wrote:nodame's my fave dorama ever! it's addictive.
it would be so nice to see the sequel (if there'll be one)

*Ginoru: i think Nodame could be your reference, if you are into classical music. if you found out that it's not too useful, then Nodame is still very fun to watch ^^
Thank you very much, I'll give it a try!

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 3rd, '07, 20:41

Does anyone know what song plays in the background in Episode 10?

In this clip: http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=38339

Right where Mine says: "Then someday, if you want to become this Oke's concert master again..."

It sounds like a Japanese ballad I've heard before...I can't remember...and the fact that I can't remember drives me crazy...HAHA

Okay thanks in advance everyone!

chiakisama

Post by chiakisama » May 3rd, '07, 20:50

It's not a Japanese ballad, I think it's Jupiter from Holst's Planets...

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 3rd, '07, 20:54

^ AH! You're right!

Thank you so much! That was a really fast reply!

Thank you once again! *bows down*

wi2en

Post by wi2en » May 4th, '07, 06:45

Ginoru wrote:Thank you very much, I'll give it a try!
u're welcome!
let us know your comments once u hv finished watching it :roll

chiakisama

Post by chiakisama » May 4th, '07, 07:03

No problem, great drama isn't it? I've got my fingers crossed for a sequel...

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 5th, '07, 01:36

wi2en wrote:
Ginoru wrote:Thank you very much, I'll give it a try!
u're welcome!
let us know your comments once u hv finished watching it :roll
Ok! i have just downloaded episode one hardsubbed; i know that there is an episode two hardsubbed too, if i end up liking this series i'll be in aproblem if there are no more!!LOL

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » May 5th, '07, 02:43

...just download the raws here and the softsubs from siatut's site.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 5th, '07, 13:43

sigh... just finished watching it.. i was so touched by the ending. but it was really short! i REALLY really hope they make a sequel. BUT with the SAME CASTS of course. it wouldn't be the same if they change the casts... post me up if there are news about a 2nd Nodame Cantabile ;)

btw... does anyone know where i can direct download the OST??? thanks for your help!!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 6th, '07, 01:58

Mwulf wrote:...just download the raws here and the softsubs from siatut's site.
Umm... I'd have to try again(4th time!) but softsubs and i don't get along well at all...

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » May 6th, '07, 02:13

Ginoru wrote:
Mwulf wrote:...just download the raws here and the softsubs from siatut's site.
Umm... I'd have to try again(4th time!) but softsubs and i don't get along well at all...
I had the same problem for the longest time. But I finally got it to work one. Just put the two files in a folder together seperately from the other files and it should work. That is what I do at least...and make the sure the "preferred subtitles" button is checked in DivX Player prefrences. If you have Windows Media Player it should be automatic.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » May 6th, '07, 04:19

Either...

Use Windows Media Player Classic--if you do, make sure that the subtitle file has the same filename as the video file. I.e. "Nodame - 01.avi" and "Nodame - 01.srt". WMPc should automatically load the subtitles when you open the video file.

~or~

VLC Media Player. Go to "open-file" and select a video file, then click on load subtitle and select the sub file. It's not as simple as with WMPc, but it's still pretty easy.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 6th, '07, 04:28

daelite wrote:
lilkorsy wrote:

It is NOT confirmed. Because of the length and story arcs in the manga there is material to make a second season so a lot of people hope there is. But this is just fans hoping so... yeah. If you want to know more of the story you could check out the manga or the anime, but for now you'll have to wait to see if a season 2 is ever announced.
This has been discussed over and over again at J-Dorama and the likelihood of a sequel is remote, since the entire story moves to Europe...

A special would be more likely, but what would be achieved other than it being a Nodame reunion?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 6th, '07, 04:45

Mwulf wrote:Either...

Use Windows Media Player Classic--if you do, make sure that the subtitle file has the same filename as the video file. I.e. "Nodame - 01.avi" and "Nodame - 01.srt". WMPc should automatically load the subtitles when you open the video file.

~or~

VLC Media Player. Go to "open-file" and select a video file, then click on load subtitle and select the sub file. It's not as simple as with WMPc, but it's still pretty easy.
if i were to choose, VLC is better than the WMPC-this one needs a codec. VLC just plays it automatically, but of course you have to put it in the right folders.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 6th, '07, 23:21

Believe me, i have tried all that and even some players i had never heard before too and nothing, it seems softsubs hate me...I won't lose hope to make it work one day! and then learn how to burn it...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '07, 00:01

You should just use VirtualDub and VobSub and hardsub each episode... Then you don't have to worry about players, folders, etc.... :)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 7th, '07, 02:03

bmwracer wrote:You should just use VirtualDub and VobSub and hardsub each episode... Then you don't have to worry about players, folders, etc.... :)
And that works?! I had never thought of that! I'll give it a try, thank you very much!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '07, 02:24

Ginoru wrote:
bmwracer wrote:You should just use VirtualDub and VobSub and hardsub each episode... Then you don't have to worry about players, folders, etc.... :)
And that works?! I had never thought of that! I'll give it a try, thank you very much!
I've been doing that for ages... :)

Actually, I do all this:

1. Hardsub the video (.avi) with the subtitle file (.srt) using VirtualDub and VobSub.
2. Encode the new hardsubbed .avi file using TMPGEnc to create an .mpg file.
3. Author a DVD-Video disc using the .mpg file(s).
4. Burn the DVD... That way I can watch it on my big living room TV rather than my PC.

:)

styx003

Post by styx003 » May 7th, '07, 18:02

hi ! i've got a question about the BG music in ep9 and 10 when nodame meets yuuto segawa (the one that sounds dangerous)----- what's the name of that piece? I believe it's a kind of symphony? sorry if i'm wrong

thanks in advance

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 9th, '07, 00:10

I am in episode 2 so far and i'm really enjoying this series, it's quite funny!! And it's bringing back memories...some good some bad, many orchestra conductors are a bit crazy and some have some "movement manias", that it makes following them an adventure?! LOL
I am downloading episode 3 and then i'll have to learn to do the hardsubbing bmwracer indicated me! I'll tell you if i success!!
I have read that there are some bloopers of this series, is that true?I love bloopers!!
Last edited by Ginoru on May 18th, '07, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '07, 00:20

Ginoru wrote:I am downloading episode 3 and then i'll have to learn to do the hardsubbing bmwracer indicated me! I'll tell you if i success!!
Good luck.

It's a little difficult to do at the beginning, but once you figure it out, it will be worthwhile. :)
I have read that there are some bloopers of this series, is that true?I love bloopers!!
The bloopers are located in the "special" that's part of the download of Episode one... :)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 9th, '07, 12:46

Oh! My don't scare me! I am quite slow learning those things!!LOL

Thanks for the info in the NG's! Do the subtitles fit that raw too?If they do i may download that too

mayohee

Post by mayohee » May 9th, '07, 12:55

i want know if their is nodame 2

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '07, 13:35

mayohee wrote:i want know if their is nodame 2
Did you read the posts at the top of this page and previous pages?

SnowWolf

Post by SnowWolf » May 9th, '07, 15:09

Does anybody know how I can change the color and/or font of the Big5 subtitles? It's currently white and kinda blurry, hard to read :(

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '07, 17:06

SnowWolf wrote:Does anybody know how I can change the color and/or font of the Big5 subtitles? It's currently white and kinda blurry, hard to read :(
Is it a hardsub or softsub version of Nodame?

If it's softsubs, you should be able to change the font/colors using VobSub.