[TwDrama] Summer x Summer (CTS/GTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Mar 18th, '07, 03:39

ep 1 looked pretty interesting. cant wait for next episode to come out!!!

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 18th, '07, 04:27

Is eppie 2 on torrent yet?? I should go check instead of asking haha, but if theres already a torrent out or direct download on another site please direct me with a link of some sorts hehe XIE XIE :P

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 18th, '07, 05:23

^^ :-) it airs sunday nights, so it hasn't aired yet. check thisfor more details on time differences. :roll usually Icefish releases ~12 hours after it airs...sometimes later.

qian17

Post by qian17 » Mar 18th, '07, 05:58

every sunday nite? well after HYD2, maybe i should take a look at this drama.. seems interesting. JOE CHENG! WOOT! =)

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 18th, '07, 07:11

habukie wrote:^^ :-) it airs sunday nights, so it hasn't aired yet. check thisfor more details on time differences. :roll usually Icefish releases ~12 hours after it airs...sometimes later.
ooooh I thought it airs saturday and also sunday? I got the time relevance from DW so I assumed hehe. kkkkies I'm not in any hurry, I'm just was inquiring thx habukie

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 18th, '07, 15:24

^^it airs new episodes sunday, and then it repeats on the saturday (on a different network). that's why it says both saturday and sunday on the dramawiki. :-) this is how it is for a lot of tw series.

slf

Post by slf » Mar 18th, '07, 15:49

puffin wrote:The plot seems pretty boring, and yeh the main girl...ugh, can taiwanese idol dramas for once try to balance looks and comedic value.
*nods* The main girl... Urgh.
What the heck kinda casting is going on?! She's... :alcoholic: :crazy: :goggle:

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 18th, '07, 20:57

I think Cai Yi Zhen is very pretty :P If you don't want to watch just because the character isn't a 'pretty to perfection princess' don't watch it. If you read the manga you would understand the perspective of the characters. She's a pretty girl so I don't see why you have to be superfical about how they casted. Have you seen any of her other drama's or movies? Don't judge a book by its cover, cuz it could be a really good book you know.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 18th, '07, 23:57

the first episode is up at YDY now. click the link in my signature to get the torrent.

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Mar 19th, '07, 02:04

Does anyone knwo when the subs will be out I'm dying to see episode 1 I already downloaded but I refuse to see it until I have the subs :cry: :cry:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 19th, '07, 04:58

check intangible's blog and keep an eye out in this forum. be patient. that's all the advice i can give you. :-)

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 19th, '07, 05:15

Summer x Summer is out on http://bt.icefish.org I downloaded it already. I'd like to help by uploading the torrent for it on d-addicts but I don't have any clue how. well more of I never tried and don't know anything about it. Just thought I'd let ppl know tho Ja ne

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 19th, '07, 20:38

i don't know why so many are complaining about the Cai Yi Zhen's looks. (she kind of reminds me of Lee Chung Ah, who was in Temptation of Wolves/A Romance Of Their Own.) for her role in this drama, she doesn't need good looks. in fact, it seems to demand that it's someone who isn't conventionally pretty. i thought that the first episode was ok in establishing the plot and characters.

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Mar 19th, '07, 20:44

woot cnt w8 for this..first ep been uploaded todai ^__________^

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 19th, '07, 23:46

habukie wrote:i don't know why so many are complaining about the Cai Yi Zhen's looks. (she kind of reminds me of Lee Chung Ah, who was in Temptation of Wolves/A Romance Of Their Own.) for her role in this drama, she doesn't need good looks. in fact, it seems to demand that it's someone who isn't conventionally pretty. i thought that the first episode was ok in establishing the plot and characters.
your right I never thought of that she does remind me of her too. Temptation of Wolves is a good movie, I've watched it too many times to count.

I can understand ppl wanting to express their opinions on things, but I always assume that ppl would understand that negative comments aren't welcome esp. in a forum. Its like taboo, because they'll be many ppl to oppose to that one comment you said, then it leads to an argument. Its like what they teach in grade school 'If you don't anything nice to say don't say it all'.

Have you watched ep2 already? Its getting good huh? It makes me happy and excited to look forward to the next episode. Is it only me? I really can't help but compare him to his other roles lol . He really is totally different but similar in a way to the others, but this char he plays now is not Zhi Shu more of a Kui lol I shouldn't compare ahhhhh can't help it.

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Mar 20th, '07, 02:50

me 2!!! i really look 4ward 2 the next ep~~~yep i watched the 2nd ep and i think its getting better but there r 2 many daydreaming scenes but joe's so freakin damn gorgeous/funny in them!! also im starting 2 like the lead actress altho i used 2 h8 her,,,but she IS trying hard and at least she's not fake and she doesnt care about looks when acting...i've watched many tv shows/programs which she and joe goes 2 promote the drama, and i have 2 say that i like her straightforwardness and she seems really honest...

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 20th, '07, 03:35

:w00t: the second episode is out at YDY. they're quick this week. :-)

nonnahs

Post by nonnahs » Mar 22nd, '07, 01:40

are both the icefish and YDY versions of Summer x Summer rmvb files? I can only watch avi files with subs.. so when the subs come out I won't be able to watch unless I have avi. I already downloaded the YDY and found it to be rmvb. can anyone help me? :scratch:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 22nd, '07, 04:32

^^YDY files are usually .rmvb files and Icefish files are usually .rm files. either way, they're not .avi files. why can you only watch .avi?

i don't know about this drama. the scenes are heavy on the dream sequences, which i don't like. i actually like the side story between the sister and ethan. ethan is so funny in this drama...at once this bumbling guy, and on the other hand, a fierce warrior.

nonnahs

Post by nonnahs » Mar 22nd, '07, 12:49

^ I can only watch avi's because I have a Mac computer. And so far it seems to be the only ones to work with subs. :glare: Thanks for your info

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 22nd, '07, 14:32

nonnahs wrote:^ I can only watch avi's because I have a Mac computer. And so far it seems to be the only ones to work with subs. :glare: Thanks for your info
check this out: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... htm#610727

i don't use it myself, but apparently it works. :-)

rsp1001

Post by rsp1001 » Mar 26th, '07, 16:57

anyone has episode 3 yet?

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 26th, '07, 22:39

I check icefish and I didn't see it there so I'm not sure if anyone uploaded it to either torrents yet

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 26th, '07, 23:31

there is no icefish or ydy release yet. however there is another release. found it at btchina. Here is the SIDE

veracious

Post by veracious » Mar 27th, '07, 08:13

I watched ep 1 (xiexie, IFS!) but I really don't know how I feel about seeing rest of this. It's a very fine line between irritating and fantastically comedic and fun and I'm not sure how Summer x Summer walks that line...

There were times when I thought the heroine was way too exaggerated - and times when I thought she was actually pretty cute. I liked
the balcony scene where Lei hugs her and kisses her, that was very lovely and also introspective to Lei's character, even if it was odd that he would just open up to her like that.
I like Joe but I'm not a huge fan so I'm a bit undecided on Lei. On one hand he just seems like your typical "kind-of-an-****"-drama hero.. On the other hand he seems way more weird than that, like I can NEVER figure out his thinking or something. And his sister seemed to over-react A LOT in the first episode, so again I was kind of like, "Ehhh? :blink " by the end of the episode.

Ethan's character was so funny, though, stumbling over his words and stuttering. :D

Lenne

Post by Lenne » Mar 30th, '07, 12:20

I think Wuxiong is super cute although she has a tendency to get on people's nerves. XD
I like the fact that she isn't perfect. :DD
Joe cheng reminds me of a childish little boy. 8D
Ruan Jing Tian is super cute the way he's so shy!!

After watching ep 3 i actually think its getting (slightly?) better lolol.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 31st, '07, 01:58

^^i hope it's getting better. still waiting for YDY's release. :roll

i just watched the kang xi episode with the cast, and it was pretty funny. i didn't know that wu xiong could dance like that. joe's dancing was... :blink i guess it's a good thing he doesn't go to nightclubs that much. :lol i loved when they compared ethan to mingdao...

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 31st, '07, 02:30

habukie wrote:^^i hope it's getting better. still waiting for YDY's release. :roll

i just watched the kang xi episode with the cast, and it was pretty funny. i didn't know that wu xiong could dance like that. joe's dancing was... :blink i guess it's a good thing he doesn't go to nightclubs that much. :lol i loved when they compared ethan to mingdao...
where did you watch it at? I wanna see too :tv:

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 31st, '07, 02:44

veracious wrote:I watched ep 1 (xiexie, IFS!) but I really don't know how I feel about seeing rest of this. It's a very fine line between irritating and fantastically comedic and fun and I'm not sure how Summer x Summer walks that line...

There were times when I thought the heroine was way too exaggerated - and times when I thought she was actually pretty cute. I liked
the balcony scene where Lei hugs her and kisses her, that was very lovely and also introspective to Lei's character, even if it was odd that he would just open up to her like that.
I like Joe but I'm not a huge fan so I'm a bit undecided on Lei. On one hand he just seems like your typical "kind-of-an-****"-drama hero.. On the other hand he seems way more weird than that, like I can NEVER figure out his thinking or something. And his sister seemed to over-react A LOT in the first episode, so again I was kind of like, "Ehhh? :blink " by the end of the episode.

Ethan's character was so funny, though, stumbling over his words and stuttering. :D
To me Lei reminds me of Joe's role as Kui and Zhi Shu combined. When I look at him thats what I see.
When Lei seems serious he reminds me of Zhi Shu or when he talks about how dumb the lead is. But when he is onthe balcony and opens up to the lead -can not remember her name- he reminds me of Kui when he opens up to Bai He.
But I only saw the first episode so I'm still waiting to actually judge this drama.

Lenne

Post by Lenne » Mar 31st, '07, 02:50

christaluvsdrama wrote:
habukie wrote:^^i hope it's getting better. still waiting for YDY's release. :roll

where did you watch it at? I wanna see too :tv:
You can find the entire ep on crunchyroll if you search for kang xi.
Whereas on youtube you search for 热情仲夏 康熙来了. (:

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 31st, '07, 02:57

Im loving this already.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 31st, '07, 02:57

Tatsuri wrote:
veracious wrote:I watched ep 1 (xiexie, IFS!) but I really don't know how I feel about seeing rest of this. It's a very fine line between irritating and fantastically comedic and fun and I'm not sure how Summer x Summer walks that line...

To me Lei reminds me of Joe's role as Kui and Zhi Shu combined. When I look at him thats what I see.
When Lei seems serious he reminds me of Zhi Shu or when he talks about how dumb the lead is. But when he is onthe balcony and opens up to the lead -can not remember her name- he reminds me of Kui when he opens up to Bai He.
But I only saw the first episode so I'm still waiting to actually judge this drama.
Hi Tatsuri :D long time no see huh :lol
Your doing the same thing as me :lol I told myself to stop comparing Lei to Zhi Shu and Kui, but I just can't help it.
Don't you think he's more like Kui though? He's is arogant like Zhi Shu, but his persona is more of a Kui. Omgosh Lei is such a perv lol I couldn't believe it when he threw her on the bed and attempted to unbutton her shirt. It was soo funny though. Everyone keeps on comparing this to ISWAK. You know what I can't do that because ISWAK is my fav drama ever so I can't compare drama only character personalities is as far as I can go, but isn't that the same?? :blink :unsure: LOL

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 31st, '07, 02:59

@Lenne

Xie Xie Ni. I'm going to check it out now

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Mar 31st, '07, 03:08

I thought of Kui too!! :P Only seen ep 1 too, but yeah, that part you mentioned Tatsuri... he just reminded me so much of Kui. (only seen Joe in "The Rose" and "Magic Ring")

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 31st, '07, 04:01

@Tatsuri
oooo really my bad. you didn't read my spoiler did you??? Sorry Sorry if you did. Your waiting for the subbies?

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 31st, '07, 04:09

christaluvsdrama wrote:@Tatsuri
oooo really my bad. you didn't read my spoiler did you??? Sorry Sorry if you did. Your waiting for the subbies?
No I didn't read your spoiler but normally I like to read them. Yes, waiting for the subs.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 31st, '07, 04:17

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:

Hi Tatsuri :D long time no see huh :lol
Your doing the same thing as me :lol I told myself to stop comparing Lei to Zhi Shu and Kui, but I just can't help it.
Don't you think he's more like Kui though? He's is arogant like Zhi Shu, but his persona is more of a Kui. Omgosh Lei is such a perv lol I couldn't believe it when he threw her on the bed and attempted to unbutton her shirt. It was soo funny though. Everyone keeps on comparing this to ISWAK. You know what I can't do that because ISWAK is my fav drama ever so I can't compare drama only character personalities is as far as I can go, but isn't that the same?? :blink :unsure: LOL
Long time no see indeed.

I can't help it either but its just this Kui aura I feel when I see Lei. I can't compare this to ISWAK as well because like you ISWAK is my favorite. ZHI SHU. I can't wait for season 2. Anywhoo. I can't wait for subs. If this was japanese I could watch it without subs but my mandarin is not good enough to listen and understand bits and pieces of it,

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 31st, '07, 04:28

for people who want to see the kang xi episode (YDY version), here's the link. there are some screencaps there, so beware of spoilers. at the bottom of the page there is a link in blue...click that to get the torrent. :-)

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 31st, '07, 04:46

@Tatsuri

See I'm the opposite if this was Japanese I would definitely need subs. My friend is teaching me mandarin, but not to read and write it though. I find that mandarin is really similar to english in a lot of ways which I was surprised about. I'm taking Japanese this summer. I've always wanted to take up the language since I've watched anime all my life, Japanese is my favorite food, daisuki the drama's and movies a lot. So I thought I should be learning to speak it. I'm finding it to be really hard as I look in the dictionary to prepare.

xiah1fan

Post by xiah1fan » Mar 31st, '07, 05:18

I cant watch this drama it is something wrong with my computer......Hehe...

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 01:55

See I'm the opposite if this was Japanese I would definitely need subs. My friend is teaching me mandarin, but not to read and write it though. I find that mandarin is really similar to english in a lot of ways which I was surprised about. I'm taking Japanese this summer. I've always wanted to take up the language since I've watched anime all my life, Japanese is my favorite food, daisuki the drama's and movies a lot. So I thought I should be learning to speak it. I'm finding it to be really hard as I look in the dictionary to prepare.
Only word I can recognize in Mandarin is "idoit". but I've look at so many jdramas and listen to so much jmusic I picked up on a lot of stuff by now. I wanted to learn japanese since the anime days as well. Back when I watched Sailor Moon, DBZ, and Tenchi.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 02:05

Tatsuri wrote:

Only word I can recognize in Mandarin is "idoit". but I've look at so many jdramas and listen to so much jmusic I picked up on a lot of stuff by now. I wanted to learn japanese since the anime days as well. Back when I watched Sailor Moon, DBZ, and Tenchi.
hehe Sailor Moon is my all time fav. luv Tenchi too

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 02:11

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:

DBZ was my fave. Tenchi was cool and I liked Card Captures.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 02:26

hehe Card Captures? I'll admit I watched that too. I love all anime but I don't like the roboty anime a lot unless it has a little romance comedy in it. What about you?
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Apr 1st, '07, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 02:37

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:
DBZ was my fave. Tenchi was cool and I liked Card Captures.
hehe Card Captures? I'll admit I watched that too. I love all anime but I don't like the roboty anime a lot unless it has a little romance comedy in it. What about you?
I can watch any anime except Robotic anime. They suck. I like Romance comedy as well. I like Yu Yu Hakusho, Vandred, Inuyasha, S-Cry-Ed. I love FMA. I like newer ones like Bleach and Naruto as well. BUt the animes they are starting to show on Cartoon Network suck.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 02:44

You can say that again. I don't even watch cartoon network ever since they stopped putting sailor moon on :lol :lol so its been a long time hehe, but actually I do watch this stupid and funny show Family Guy sometimes. The only robot anime I've really watched was Escaflowne and Vandred LOL but thats not really roboty but it had those annoying parts in them ooh yeah Blue Seed, but they were like alien things hehe my rusty mind :lol
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Apr 1st, '07, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 02:51

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:
I can watch any anime except Robotic anime. They suck. I like Romance comedy as well. I like Yu Yu Hakusho, Vandred, Inuyasha, S-Cry-Ed. I love FMA. I like newer ones like Bleach and Naruto as well. BUt the animes they are starting to show on Cartoon Network suck.
You can say that again. I don't even watch cartoon network ever since they stopped putting sailor moon on :lol :lol so its been a long time hehe, but actually I do watch this stupid and funny show Family Guy sometimes. The only robot anime I've really watched was Escaflowne and Vandred LOL but thats not really roboty but it had those annoying parts in them ooh yeah Blue Seed, but they were like alien things hehe my rusty mind :lol
Vandred pwns. I like Gokusen anime. Thats the animethat got me into jdrama's. Family Guy pwns.

Don't you think Jow has the wierdest/funniest laugh.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 02:59

Everyone says that about him hehe Actually I don't because I have a cousin who laughs just like that so it didn't sound unusal to me. Also I'm known for my laughs because I change the sound of my laughs and ppl think I sound fake or like off of a anime. I tell them its because I've watched too many anime's so my laugh is whacked out. Btw I wanted to be voice actress among other things I wanted to do so I know how to do imitations well. I tell you if it weren't for watching anime and asian drama's I'd loose my sense of humour. I can't stand most of what ppl put on the TV these days like movies(mainly US)these days really suck. Its so predictable, unclever, cliche and stupid and not funny. I only take time out watch the horror films because I've always found scary movies exciting and funny(im weird)

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 03:04

christaluvsdrama wrote:Everyone says that about him hehe Actually I don't because I have a cousin who laughs just like that so it didn't sound unusal to me. Also I'm known for my laughs because I change the sound of my laughs and ppl think I sound fake or like off of a anime. I tell them its because I've watched too many anime's so my laugh is whacked out. Btw I wanted to be voice actress among other things I wanted to do so I know how to do imitations well. I tell you if it weren't for watching anime and asian drama's I'd loose my sense of humour. I can't stand most of what ppl put on the TV these days like movies(mainly US)these days really suck. Its so predictable, unclever, cliche and stupid and not funny. I only take time out watch the horror films because I've always found scary movies exciting and funny(im weird)
I laugh like that depending on how funny something is but to hear it from a boy is funny.
I think I would loose my sense of humor as well but because I watch them so much I'm starting to lost my mind. Becoming insane. Really. American Tv suck. ONly thing I watch it Family Guy and Fairly Odd parents. Everything else is boring. They don't have shows for people ages 12-25, like foreign TV does. We don't have shows like HanaDan or ISWAK and DBY. All we have are boring cop/law/medicine dramas. And the medicine dramas focus on the characters personal life more that medicine.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 03:13

Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:Everyone says that about him hehe Actually I don't because I have a cousin who laughs just like that so it didn't sound unusal to me. Also I'm known for my laughs because I change the sound of my laughs and ppl think I sound fake or like off of a anime. I tell them its because I've watched too many anime's so my laugh is whacked out. Btw I wanted to be voice actress among other things I wanted to do so I know how to do imitations well. I tell you if it weren't for watching anime and asian drama's I'd loose my sense of humour. I can't stand most of what ppl put on the TV these days like movies(mainly US)these days really suck. Its so predictable, unclever, cliche and stupid and not funny. I only take time out watch the horror films because I've always found scary movies exciting and funny(im weird)
I laugh like that depending on how funny something is but to hear it from a boy is funny.
I think I would loose my sense of humor as well but because I watch them so much I'm starting to lost my mind. Becoming insane. Really. American Tv suck. ONly thing I watch it Family Guy and Fairly Odd parents. Everything else is boring. They don't have shows for people ages 12-25, like foreign TV does. We don't have shows like HanaDan or ISWAK and DBY. All we have are boring cop/law/medicine dramas. And the medicine dramas focus on the characters personal life more that medicine.
If I do watch TV I'll only watch Anime Network, AznTV, AsiaTV, CTV, CTS, TVJPN, Discovery Health Channel, MTV, Family Guy and (Soap Opera's Passions and old guilty pleasure hehe) It just really sucks when you go beyond these. I can't wait to graduate and go abroad hopefully I can live there :lol :lol

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 03:16

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
If I do watch TV I'll only watch Anime Network, AznTV, AsiaTV, CTV, CTS, TVJPN, Discovery Health Channel, MTV, Family Guy and (Soap Opera's Passions and old guilty pleasure hehe) It just really sucks when you go beyond these. I can't wait to graduate and go abroad hopefully I can live there :lol :lol
We don't have any of those channels on the eastcoast.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 03:26

Nande? that really sucks. They should have them everywhere.
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Apr 1st, '07, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 03:32

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:
We don't have any of those channels on the eastcoast.
you think they would. we have them but you have to subcribe to them. it cost more. i'm the only one in my house who watches foreign shows so my mother won't pay for something she doesn't look at. I think.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 03:41

I've always been a filial daughter when it comes to my mom. I've never really asked for anything because I always want to get it myself. So my mom is always willing to get me what I ask for as long as its withing her means. She pays for my internet, phone, tv and books. I love my mommy soo much :wub: so I always try to do my best at school and everything so I can hurry and make life easier for her. :-)
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Apr 1st, '07, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 03:45

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:
you think they would. we have them but you have to subcribe to them. it cost more. i'm the only one in my house who watches foreign shows so my mother won't pay for something she doesn't look at. I think.
I've always been a filial daughter when it comes to my mom. I've never really asked for anything because I always want to get it myself. So my mom is always willing to get me what I ask for as long as its withing her means. She pays for my internet, phone, tv and books. I love my mommy soo much :wub: so I always try to do my best at school and everything so I can hurry and make life easier for her. :-)
I pay for all my stuff. I have a 3 year old sister so Itend not to ask my mother for anything. My sister needs morethan I do, kinda. I pay for the phone bill and my cell. I don't mind since I use the internet everyday and the internet is part of the phone bill and its my cell so why should anyone else pay for it. I want to make my parents life easier as well thats why I pay for what Ican myself. That way they don't have to worry about getting something to please me.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 03:53

I want to start paying for my things myself too. When I was in high school I wanted a job so bad, but I was in so many volunteer activities and projects, I was president of another club and vice president of another. I loved doing this but it took a big tool on me, I even started getting anxiety attacks because I was overwhelmed. I had first had thought why I was doing it all for. If I was doing it so it would look good on my record for college or did I just like doing it. Now that I'm in college well its my 3rd year its really hard to balance getting a job and school.
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Apr 1st, '07, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 04:00

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:
I pay for all my stuff. I have a 3 year old sister so Itend not to ask my mother for anything. My sister needs morethan I do, kinda. I pay for the phone bill and my cell. I don't mind since I use the internet everyday and the internet is part of the phone bill and its my cell so why should anyone else pay for it. I want to make my parents life easier as well thats why I pay for what Ican myself. That way they don't have to worry about getting something to please me.
I want to start paying for my things myself too. When I was in high school I wanted a job so bad, but I was in so many volunteer activities and projects, I was president of another club and vice president of another. I loved doing this but it took a big tool on me, I even started getting anxiety attacks because I was overwhelmed. I had first had thought why I was doing it all for. If I was doing it so it would look good on my record for college or did I just like doing it. Now that I'm in college well its my 3rd year its really hard to balance getting a job and school.
I had a job since I was 13. I'm almost 19 so I'm use to work but I hate working. I'm in my first year of college so working is still optional but kinda tough at the same time. I had an anitey attack a month ago. It was the worst feeling of my life. I thought I was having another one last night. Scared me. I hate that feeling. I guess i was putting to much on myself, but its odd that I got one when my work load is way way way less then it was last year when I was working two jobs and going to school. Now I only work on weekends and go to school two days a week and it happened. I guess it will be hard to wrk next school year because i have to take Bio, Chem, and Physics all during one semester. My only escapre is looking at dramas. It mights me laugh.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 04:09

Anime and Drama's and esp. Music was the reason I stopped having anxiety attacks. I realized I need to stop being so serious(you know what i mean?no work and no play) I was always worried about things I couldn't change or what I had to get done, I got lost in it and lost it. Therefore anixety attacks.

Just get a hold of yourself, if you have to take time from school, work, friends or family whatever thats causing you stress and just do fun things that you like to do.
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Apr 1st, '07, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 04:17

christaluvsdrama wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:
christaluvsdrama wrote:
I had a job since I was 13. I'm almost 19 so I'm use to work but I hate working. I'm in my first year of college so working is still optional but kinda tough at the same time. I had an anitey attack a month ago. It was the worst feeling of my life. I thought I was having another one last night. Scared me. I hate that feeling. I guess i was putting to much on myself, but its odd that I got one when my work load is way way way less then it was last year when I was working two jobs and going to school. Now I only work on weekends and go to school two days a week and it happened. I guess it will be hard to wrk next school year because i have to take Bio, Chem, and Physics all during one semester. My only escapre is looking at dramas. It mights me laugh.
Anime and Drama's and esp. Music was the reason I stopped having anxiety attacks. I realized I need to stop being so serious(you know what i mean?no work and no play) I was always worried about things I couldn't change or what I had to get done, I got lost in it and lost it. Therefore anixety attacks.

Just get a hold of yourself, if you have to take time from school, work, friends or family whatever thats causing you stress and just do fun things that you like to do.
Music is what keeps me sane but sometimes i get pissed listening to it. A lot of my music on my ipod is jpop, cpop, music of another language other than english. I start getting frustrated listening to it. "What they hell ar ethey saying" is what i start saying while listening to it. I use to listen to rap and hip hop but that pisses me off as well because they only talk abut drugs, money, and b****es. XD

But I'm stressing over stuff that I can't change and I have t o deal with regardless. I tell myself to get over it, you still have to live. It doesn't work at times and other times it does,

I thinks its because I stay away from everyone and in my room all day every day that is making me like that. My mother tells me to go utside but my friends are boring and they don't do anything. They think partying all day is fun and its not for me. I'm the only one who works and goto college so they don't understand me at times.

I feel like Ling from Mars.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 1st, '07, 04:24

Sorry
Last edited by christaluvsdrama on Apr 1st, '07, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 1st, '07, 04:25

hi guys...please stop quoting all the previous quotes. it's making the thread hard to read. also, you might want to take the discussion into the realm of PMs. from what i'm reading, it has nothing to do with SxS. thanks. :-)

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 04:27

habukie wrote:hi guys...please stop quoting all the previous quotes. it's making the thread hard to read. also, you might want to take the discussion into the realm of PMs. from what i'm reading, it has nothing to do with SxS. thanks. :-)
Sorry Sorry.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 1st, '07, 18:50

can a mod or someone delete all the quotes and unnecessary posts? the thread is very hard to read when i want to search something through..

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 2nd, '07, 21:27

at long last, episode 3 is out at Icefish, along with episode 4. :D

unfortunately, YDY still hasn't released any more. i've read that it gets better in episode 3, so i'm looking forward to that. :-)

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Apr 2nd, '07, 22:03

Respecting those who haven't watched ep04. My comment in spoiler tag.
I finished watching ep 04 and I found it hilarious (finally...) I mean, the whole kendo captain/ sister story was what kept me going. And they didn't disappoint. Why would they make it easy for him to get the sister? Of course, he had to do something to offend her bestfriend and therefore possibly destroy all chance of him being with her. But, if he could sing and dance his way out of THE HUGEST OFFENSE a guy could ever do to the bestfriend of the girl he has hopeless crush on, then yeah, I'll say, "Qiao Shan xue zhang, wo xi huan ni!"

Which leads to the main girl aka. the bestfriend. Her and Lei's story is *finally* getting good. I'm not into a girl chasing hopelessly after a guy. So thank goodness, there is a small break through in their relationship. Lei's attitude is changing, not exactly kinder to her, but more of aware of her and appreciative of her. I'm so looking forward to ep 05. Because I don't find Xia Ya as annoying and Lei as boring, I want to know what will happen to them next.
Last edited by Kumaxell on Apr 3rd, '07, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 3rd, '07, 04:50

@Kumaxell

In order to respect the others who haven't seen ep4 could you put the SPOILER tags on your msg. I've seen ep4 also myself.

DO NOT READ PPL, DON'T BE TEMPTED! IF HAVEN'T SEEN EP4, NO NO NO kkkies :D
Did you guys notice that Han Bon aka lilttle Yu Shu from ISWAK was in this ep4. Wow he really got taller. Its sad he won't be in ISWAK2. His character is such a little perv in here, messing with porno magazines. Also the little girl who played his sister 'B.O' thats bad for a little girl. Also Lang Zhu aka Huang Hong Sheng's char is starting to like Xia Ya :lol hehe its getting good. I'm also happy Yu Yan and Qiao Shan confess their feelings openly. You can so see that Lei has a little space for Xia Ya in his heart. Yeah, he gave other ppl the same things, but he went wayyyy out of his way to give her something, but different, because it had meaning(also talking about the kiss from the other eps)

rsp1001

Post by rsp1001 » Apr 3rd, '07, 06:26

I am very confused now as to which version to dl, I can only watch this with english sub when it comes out, can someone tell me which version should I dl to be able to sync it with the sub. Thanks a lot, downloading right now the icefish version of ep. 3 & 4, YDY has her ep 4 version as well...help!!!

sweetsweet
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sweetsweet » Apr 3rd, '07, 07:15

The subs will always be synced to YDY version, unless stated otherwise.
http://intangiblefs.livejournal.com/

Check out Intangible FS' blog, we update the direct download links to the version we're syncing it to on our blog, and note you what version to download. Please don't download Icefish version for episode 3 & 4 because the subs won't sync to those, for episode 3 it's only synced to QingKong & YDY version. For ep 4, it's only for YDY version. :-)

rsp1001

Post by rsp1001 » Apr 3rd, '07, 17:16

Thanks sweetsweet for your help, now I have to dl YDY version of ep 4, would qingkong version of ep 4 work as well because I dl that earlier...anyway...I'll just dl YDY version to be on the safe side...thanks again!!!

maysia

Post by maysia » Apr 11th, '07, 15:47

waaah~~ there not alot of people who support this drama o__O
it seems that the rating is pretty low......
i like it XDD~~ cant wait to see Danson tho.. i guess that he's fall for XY and Lei will get jealous lol

i just ove the part when we see baby Lei XDD~~

i think there not YDY version for episode 3 >__<

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 11th, '07, 18:46

^i think it's because people got scared off by the first two episodes. i know i would've stopped there if i hadn't liked the side story of ethan with the sister. and since eps 3 & 4 had a lot about their relationship, that was really fun to watch. supposedly danson won't be there until the last few episodes, so it may be a while. in the meanwhile, we get to see xiao gui and his developing story with XY...

btw, ep 3 YDY is out. :-)

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 12th, '07, 00:25

habukie wrote:^i think it's because people got scared off by the first two episodes. i know i would've stopped there if i hadn't liked the side story of ethan with the sister. and since eps 3 & 4 had a lot about their relationship, that was really fun to watch. supposedly danson won't be there until the last few episodes, so it may be a while. in the meanwhile, we get to see xiao gui and his developing story with XY...

btw, ep 3 YDY is out. :-)

What are the ratings for Summer x Summer? What site did you find this out from? Awww that sucks that it isn't doing well. I really like it, but I'm of course not the majority.

maysia

Post by maysia » Apr 12th, '07, 13:03

^ off topic : ur sig is cute but a bit big... :roll

got scare? yea.. the 1st episode was a bit... 'too much' XD
but i like those kind of drama, just fun to watch ma ^__^

but on episode 2, there a scene i love...

BABY LEI! XDD~~

[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6421 ... 009ym3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4229 ... 010pi0.jpg[/img]

it was just HILARIOUS XDD~~

people find the girl annoying... yea, a lil bit.. but i heard that even in the manga, she's like that so...
i hope it's only a 15-16 episodes dramas (i dont like long dramas... lol)

oh and on episode 5 or 4 i think, we see him in an advert for 'La Destin' right?
hmm we dont say 'La Destin' but 'LE Destin'.................... :| :lol

oh do you have the BT link for the YDY version of episode 3? i went on YDY site but cant seem to find it o__O (i think i should be blind ar~~ )

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 13th, '07, 20:59

maysia wrote:oh do you have the BT link for the YDY version of episode 3? i went on YDY site but cant seem to find it o__O (i think i should be blind ar~~ )
to get the YDY episodes, just click on the link in my signature and find the series you want. it'll take you to the YDY website, and from there it's pretty easy to figure out which episode is which. but if you need help, there's also a tutorial in that same post. :-)