tringo

What's Up Fox? (MBC, 2006)

Post by tringo » Sep 26th, '06, 16:47

A new Korean drama

What's Up Fox?

Info on DramaWiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/What%27s_Up_Fox%3F
[img]http://photo-media.hanmail.net/200609/0 ... .149.0.jpg[/img]

More pics:

(-"Thank's", to the one who fixed the previous linkproblem...and the topic name ;)
Last edited by tringo on Sep 30th, '06, 19:45, edited 3 times in total.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 26th, '06, 18:58

Ko Hyun Jung is completely different in this drama from she was in Spring Day. She cracks me up so much. Her spinster-ness is so funny.
I've been away from K-drama for a long while. I'm coming back just for Ko Kyun Jung. Hopefully, it will continue to be just as funny as the first two episodes.

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Sep 27th, '06, 02:06

yay...looking forward to this drama. i like the main character from Fashion 70's, but i'm still not used to him with hair :D

sheep11

Post by sheep11 » Sep 27th, '06, 02:18

waaahhhh, i'm so excited about this drama! i hope its as good as kim sam soon, since its from the same people. it seems really funny and sweet so far :cheers:

tringo

Post by tringo » Sep 27th, '06, 13:37

ChuChuIce

Post by ChuChuIce » Sep 27th, '06, 14:01

=o
Looks funny (saw the screenshots from epi 1) :P
but dunno if i should dl it now becuz my hd is so full!! atm
need 2 make space xD

vt4lifecuf

Post by vt4lifecuf » Sep 27th, '06, 14:33

when is this drama will be release? it look very interesting :w00t:

waqar

Post by waqar » Sep 27th, '06, 14:38

I think it will be interesting to watch this drama, awating for release :roll .

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Sep 28th, '06, 06:10

this series seems cute and lighthearted..cant wait...it's too bad that Hyun Bin turned down the main male role though..he would have been perfect for this part. =(
but yeah..it does sound quite similar to MNIKSS so hope it turns out as good.

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » Sep 28th, '06, 21:57

I'm loving this drama…very funny...very mature :P

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 28th, '06, 22:02

I even found the first episode funnier than MNKSS. Hope it get even better :-)

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Sep 29th, '06, 09:17

Chun Jung Myung looks so cute ^_^

knuts

Post by knuts » Oct 4th, '06, 19:56

Must watch. Hope the rest will be just as good as the first 4 eps so far .

myke

Post by myke » Oct 6th, '06, 14:21

wow...This story like very interesting...much watch this story.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Oct 30th, '06, 01:57

Thank Goodness, a mature drama for once. The girl's acting is excellent.

luv

Post by luv » Nov 7th, '06, 11:54

Just stopping by to say hi.
Wow...This thread is so quiet...hehe..
This drama is the best drama I've seen for quite some time. Highly recommend.
Please check it out...also don't forget to check out the Fox thread at soompi.
You can click on my signature...hehe...tons of great stuffs await you. :)

jozu

Post by jozu » Nov 10th, '06, 05:04

I've been away from Kdrama for a while, but this one is quite funny.
+ "missing" Episode 7 hardsubbed torrent has finnaly been uploaded, yey ! :w00t:
Last edited by jozu on Nov 11th, '06, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

chamber

Post by chamber » Nov 10th, '06, 07:00

Thanks to the people subbing this show, it's probably one the best and funniest K-drama in a
long time

flowerpotcat

Post by flowerpotcat » Nov 16th, '06, 15:51

I :wub: this drama so much. It excites me when Chol-soo is trying to win noona over and over. :cheers: and.. he's so adorable and hot and sexy at the same time. So great. love this.

Thanks for subbing the show. :)

suzibunny82

Post by suzibunny82 » Nov 16th, '06, 16:20

Definitly love it, I am just getting my mom to watch it now hehe :)

Recommended!!

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Nov 16th, '06, 16:23

This is a really really great show...I love the fact that the writer is the same person who did My Name Is Kim Sam Soon!!!!! I'm now trying to get a couple of Korean friends of mine to watch both....!

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Nov 16th, '06, 18:45

horndogbuddhist wrote:This is a really really great show...I love the fact that the writer is the same person who did My Name Is Kim Sam Soon!!!!! I'm now trying to get a couple of Korean friends of mine to watch both....!
... sounds like I should start to download Kim Sam Soon... :)
but you know, I really love this series, the characters are very good developed and can stand their own.
I've seen up to ep 11 and I can feel with noona as she's trying to figure out her life and becoming a good part of the society.
What I'm not quite sure about the relationship between the younger sister and the producer. I don't really get it... Is it supposed to be love or is it just crashing both of them? This will be interesting to see.... :unsure:

flowerpotcat

Post by flowerpotcat » Nov 16th, '06, 18:51

hakuharu wrote:
horndogbuddhist wrote:This is a really really great show...I love the fact that the writer is the same person who did My Name Is Kim Sam Soon!!!!! I'm now trying to get a couple of Korean friends of mine to watch both....!
... sounds like I should start to download Kim Sam Soon... :)
but you know, I really love this series, the characters are very good developed and can stand their own.
I've seen up to ep 11 and I can feel with noona as she's trying to figure out her life and becoming a good part of the society.
What I'm not quite sure about the relationship between the younger sister and the producer. I don't really get it... Is it supposed to be love or is it just crashing both of them? This will be interesting to see.... :unsure:
Kim Sam Soon is also great! :cheers: Another "unconventional" (to k-drama anyway) theme. Great acting, great cast, and wonderful chemistry between the leads. :wub:

lilweiwei

Post by lilweiwei » Nov 19th, '06, 12:29

LOLZ IT SO FUNNI! :thumleft:

shortcake

Post by shortcake » Nov 21st, '06, 16:03

Starting to really like the series. Was a bit worried when I couldn't find eps 7 but I see it now. The guy who plays Chool-So is soo cute and really grows on you.

skachild

Post by skachild » Nov 21st, '06, 16:27

yeah me too... at first... i dont think i will liked it... but after watching a few episode... started to liked it.... now, i cannot wait for the sub... hahaha..... :lol :lol :lol

this is a great drama..... cannot wait to watch another episode of it... :thumright: :thumright: :thumleft:

mitchimitch

Post by mitchimitch » Nov 22nd, '06, 15:10

What's Up, Fox is a mature drama. But it's funny and I like like it very much! I'm just in Ep 3 and hopefully all the subs will be out in a few days so I don't have to wait!

I like the leads. The guy is not that handsome but he's really appealing! The girl's a good actress!

Watch it!

:D

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Nov 25th, '06, 14:52

Just started watching this today. Byung Hee is absolutely hilarious there. :lol

g3rl_23

Post by g3rl_23 » Jan 19th, '07, 23:34

Love this drama!!! very funny. i enjoy every minutes of it. :-) :-) :-)

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jan 20th, '07, 21:42

Hi.. Does anybody here know where I can find the other WITH S2 hardsubbed episodes? I've been trying the search button but i can only see 3, 7, and 16.. help please! thanks!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jan 20th, '07, 22:03

cuteangelika wrote:Hi.. Does anybody here know where I can find the other WITH S2 hardsubbed episodes? I've been trying the search button but i can only see 3, 7, and 16.. help please! thanks!
WITH S2 hard subs only eps 3, 7 and last ep (in this series, ep 16).

shyakugan

Post by shyakugan » Jan 24th, '07, 03:48

Can someone please batch this serie? There's not enough seeds on some episodes. It would be greatly appreciated!

veracious

Post by veracious » Mar 18th, '07, 20:06

I just watched the first ep, seems VERY promising but I gotta know...

Is the ending happy or not? I don't think I can watch an unhappy ending right now...

korel

Post by korel » Mar 23rd, '07, 09:42

wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! :thumright: so sweet, touching, but also a funny drama. i just couldn't go to sleep w/o finishing it, else i would go crazy! one of the best i've watched! :cheers:

korel

Post by korel » Mar 23rd, '07, 09:49

...just forgot to add..

chun jung myung is sooo cute! great acting! :lol : loved him here better (w/ his hair) compared w/ his character in fashion 70's

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Mar 23rd, '07, 11:42

well..the ending..all i can say it's sorta unexpected in my opinion.. and i agree that chun jung myung is uberrrrrrr KYOOOOOT! i absolutely lurveeeeee his boyish looks...and his smile! charming....! :mrgreen: :D XD

beertax

Post by beertax » Mar 23rd, '07, 19:05

strawberrie1210 wrote:well..the ending..all i can say it's sorta unexpected in my opinion.. and i agree that chun jung myung is uberrrrrrr KYOOOOOT! i absolutely lurveeeeee his boyish looks...and his smile! charming....! :mrgreen: :D XD
actually, I am surprised that the writer decided to do the ending on such a mature way. It would have been very easy to make it a "happily ever after" fantasy ending. But thruout the series the main leads were faced with conflicts that reflect real issues between mismatched-age couples. IMHO, the ending wisely echoed that concern while simultaneously closing on a "realistically" happy note.

IMHO, I loved the series, but I find the side story between the lead's younger sister and the 17-year-older man to be distracting. I just could not see any attraction or chemistray between that couple.

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Mar 24th, '07, 01:36

I still couldn't find out why Jun Hee fell for a typical ajusshi...but the scenes of them together were hilarious! XD

wozdav00

Post by wozdav00 » Apr 10th, '07, 14:04

Can anyone help me with who is the actress who plays Li someone - the girl who is chasing Cheol Su - in episode 5 (I've only seen up to that episode so far, so I don't know if she is in later episodes too; but no spoilers please, heh heh!). Just... she's kinda pretty and I'm curious if she's been in much else?

kezsh

Post by kezsh » Apr 25th, '07, 04:58

OMG! this is a great series! cheol su is just so adorable!!! :wub:

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Apr 25th, '07, 05:21

wozdav00 wrote:Can anyone help me with who is the actress who plays Li someone - the girl who is chasing Cheol Su - in episode 5 (I've only seen up to that episode so far, so I don't know if she is in later episodes too; but no spoilers please, heh heh!). Just... she's kinda pretty and I'm curious if she's been in much else?
Are you talking about Seo Yeong? Here's more information about her:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seo_Yeong

I recently saw her in Dal Ja's Spring. She was only in a couple of episodes, though.

srs.cassiopeia

Post by srs.cassiopeia » May 5th, '07, 10:22

beertax wrote:
strawberrie1210 wrote: IMHO, I loved the series, but I find the side story between the lead's younger sister and the 17-year-older man to be distracting. I just could not see any attraction or chemistray between that couple.
I agree with you. I just wanted to skip the scenes between those two because of the severe lack of chemistry! However, I was able to tolerate such scenes because they were quite funny.

Anyway, I finished this series yesterday! It was good! Better than I expected, actually. Byeong-hee and Cheol-su were really fun to watch. Their love story developed nicely throughout the drama. One thing that I'm not so happy about, though, is the change in character of Cheol-su in the last episode. It suddenly lacked the spice that made him so interesting and cute during the past episodes. But don't be discouraged by this! Even so, I still loved "What's Up, Fox?"

Also, the sexual implications in the story are not so sexual for the sake of itself. The drama is quite innocent even with the mention of the reality of sex.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 13th, '11, 13:39

I just started watching this one and it is good so far. BUT
I've only watched a couple of episodes and the content is for like young adults so be careful if there are younger ones around. My dad pointed this out to us that one of my sisters who is below 12 can't watch it. But I guess you use your discretion anyway.
Other than that, it's good so far. Since I'm trying not to re-watch dramas, this drama is keeping me going with kdramas at the moment. :roll

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 13th, '11, 14:03

Quite frankly, no rom-com kdrama should be bellow 12. Honestly now, if some sexual references and normal kissing are bad for "kids" the whole wrist-grabbing and emotional distress is good?

I can name 15+ things in each kdrama that are not suitable for "kids" even if their target audience is 14-year-old girls. So far, this series is at least realistic. Not giving false role models like most.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 13th, '11, 14:43

I watched this drama when it first came out and loved it. It is one of my favorites. I do have one complaint, the secondary couple (the little sister), is totally not needed and I think gets in the way. Skip over her parts, I could not stand her boss/boyfriend thought he was miscast. Everything else was great. Ko Hyun Jung is truly a great actress as her later dramas attest to. Chun Jung Myung made this drama the same time as Goodbye Solo another great drama and now that he is out of the army can make many more.

If you do not like the kissing and holding hands and or the topic then join a convent, become a nun or better yet become Amish and drive a buggy otherwise GET OVER IT.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 13th, '11, 15:44

el_canuck wrote:I watched this drama when it first came out and loved it. It is one of my favorites. I do have one complaint, the secondary couple (the little sister), is totally not needed and I think gets in the way. Skip over her parts, I could not stand her boss/boyfriend thought he was miscast. Everything else was great. Ko Hyun Jung is truly a great actress as her later dramas attest to. Chun Jung Myung made this drama the same time as Goodbye Solo another great drama and now that he is out of the army can make many more.

If you do not like the kissing and holding hands and or the topic then join a convent, become a nun or better yet become Amish and drive a buggy otherwise GET OVER IT.
I think the annoying characters make the drama more interesting but I don't think I have gotten that far into watching it yet either. I think I'm still on the first episode and yes this drama is comical and serious so far. I like it. I don't think it's such a big deal for you to say join convent, really. I wasn't talking about kissing and holding hands. I know 12 year olds that do that but what I was referring to was a whole different level of kissing and holding hands for those 12 and under. :whistling:

I'm young and hormones are raging so I am going to watch it :wub: hehehe. I just love the part "hella sexy"! I kept rewinding it over and over. :lol

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 13th, '11, 16:05

I'm sorry, I should have toned it back a bit.
Coffee Prince was much more objectionable to some because of the borderline gay premise, but it is arguably the greatest KDrama written/made.

Nice to see you are watching an "older" drama, now try Goodbye Solo.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 13th, '11, 16:28

Yes, but Goodbye Solo is kinda heavy drama, without usual "romantic stuff". All characters in it are crooked. This drama tired me so much. But it's a great show nevertheless. Very human.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 15th, '11, 01:18

This drama is definitely a "seat hanger" for me. Rushed through my work just to get back to this. Never a dull moment and consistent storyline with so many funny moments and "awww, so sweet" moments. I have to look up the writers and try to find more of their stuff. Anywho, I'm on episode 12 and

SPOILER ALERT
I noticed that Byung Hee's mom is becoming attracted to her much younger assistant, her daughter, the model, is starting to like her boss who is much older, and of course Chul Soo is falling for the 8-9 year older Byung Hee. Amazing storyline!

But I feel so sad for Chul-Soo because he is so childish and immature and in love all at the same time... I've been there before :-( . The saddest scene so far was when he told Byung Hee that he started liking her after his parents' funeral, went away and came back, and those feelings were still there :cry: Before that he was describing how he would take care of her.. aww :lol and the way he stares at her! With that stare he does, there is nothing you can tell this guy because he won't hear it...he's so in love with Byung Hee.

I actually feel kind of sad for Park Byung Gak and I hope that at least he and Joon Hee will remain good friends at the least.
Oh well, I'll get back to the drama since I anticipate the last few episodes. No matter how it ends, at this point I love it and would definitely watch it again :thumright: