Who would play in the live-action adaptation of...

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
daisukides

Who would play in the live-action adaptation of...

Post by daisukides » Mar 24th, '07, 12:37

I've been thinking they should make a japanese version of Hana-Kimi. Not that I don't like the taiwanese version, it's just that the actors look
nothing like the characters in the manga. I think a japanese version would be closer to the original. So who should play?
Well, Horikita Maki managed to look like a troll in Nobuta wo Produce, so she can probably pull off looking like a guy too.
Oguri Shun could be Nakatsu, an as for Sano, I'm not sure, but obviously someone HAWT.

This thread is not just for Hana-Kimi, but for all adaptations of manga. I just saw someone mention Mars in the HYD-thread.
Feel free to come here and talk about it.

Also, in Gravitation, I totally see Yabu Kouta from Ya-Ya-Yah as Shuichi. But maybe he's a little young? What do you think?

edit: I changed my mind. Shuichi should definitely be played by Takki :roll

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 24th, '07, 19:18

I agree i would also like a japanese version of hana-kimi with horikita maki as mizuki! I think she could pull it off! but who would be sano?

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Mar 24th, '07, 19:27

My first reply! Woohoo! Thanks for joining me. :cheers:
Sano huh? Well, I wanna say Yamapi, but he just doesn't seem the type.. Wonder how Nishikido Ryo
would be... Haven't actually seen any of his dramas.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 24th, '07, 20:21

I don't know if Ryo could be Sano, maybe! I would like to see Yamapi as Sano cause I love seeing him with maki! I also read in the HYD thread that maki would be the perfect Kira for MARS and i totally agree! I would like to a japanese version of MARS! I'd also be interesting to see a W Juliet live action! wonder who would play Makoto?

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Mar 24th, '07, 20:45

I haven't read that one. We should get some more people in here. Would make the conversation more interesting ne?

edit: I'd also like to see Yamapi with Maki again. They're so cute together.

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Mar 24th, '07, 21:21

I would love to see a live action adaption of Hot Gimmick, but I'm unsure of the actors that should be used. I guess I would love to see Inoue Mao as Hatsumi.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 24th, '07, 22:16

Why didn't i think of Hot Gimmick! Inoue Mao would be a good hatsumi! But would she be comfortable with Ryoki always touching her!? Wonder who Ryoki would be? Someone hot with glasses! :D

Akiiness

Post by Akiiness » Mar 25th, '07, 02:09

I was thinking of Hot Gimmick myself. XD W Juliet adaption would be awesome too, but it'll be hard to find something who will ace Makoto REALLY well. XD

Tatsuri

Re: Who would play in the live-action adaptation of...

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 25th, '07, 02:30

daisukides wrote:I've been thinking they should make a japanese version of Hana-Kimi. Not that I don't like the taiwanese version, it's just that the actors look
nothing like the characters in the manga. I think a japanese version would be closer to the original. So who should play?
Well, Horikita Maki managed to look like a troll in Nobuta wo Produce, so she can probably pull off looking like a guy too.
Oguri Shun could be Nakatsu, an as for Sano, I'm not sure, but obviously someone HAWT.

This thread is not just for Hana-Kimi, but for all adaptations of manga. I just saw someone mention Mars in the HYD-thread.

Also, in Gravitation, I totally see Yabu Kouta from Ya-Ya-Yah as Shuichi. But maybe he's a little young? What do you think?

I would watch it with that cast. XD

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Mar 25th, '07, 06:49

Eziya Minamoto wrote:I would love to see a live action adaption of Hot Gimmick, but I'm unsure of the actors that should be used. I guess I would love to see Inoue Mao as Hatsumi.
omg..i want a live action of hot gimmick!!!
i love that manga!
i also want mao-san to play hatsumi.
and i think matsujun can portray ryoki's character very well..
i swear..he's such a great actor! :D

er..btw..what's the story of hana-kimi?

mawchan

Post by mawchan » Mar 25th, '07, 07:17

i think for hana kimi
shun oguri can be sano coz he's more the cool type kinda guy or tamaki hiroshi can play the sano part :thumleft:
as for nakatsu i think yamashita tomohisa suits nakatsu's character(because he's so cute in nobuta wo produce)lols :thumright:
i agree that hana kimi taiwanese version is very bad i mean chinese ppl just don't suit jap ppl character...lols they have their own style...I love hot gimmick too, and i wonder if there's gonna be the drama for perfect girl evolution coz i think it's the funniet manga ever and the 4 guys is so hot...haha :wub:
hmmm the 4 hot guys that should play for perfect girl evolution can be shun oguri, tamaki hiroshi, akanishi jin or kamenashi katsuya and teppei koike or eiji wents they all look verrryyyy hot..... :cheers: i read a thread for perfect girl evolution live adaptation drama but i'm not sure if it's true...i hope it is..... :lol
ooo yea wat drama do u guys recomend me to watch....i aparently haven't been watching drama in weeks so i'm kinda bored these days....
i have watched nodame cantabile,hana yori dango,densha otoko, pride,GTO
i relli enjoy watching drama and movies from the adaptation of mangas or anime but i also like the comedy love story that have an interesting plot and hot guys hahaha
any recomendation guys???thanx :salut:

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Mar 25th, '07, 07:53

yeah.. i went into a bookstore and saw volumes 1-15 of hana kami... since i've only seen the tw version, i didnt know how they looked like in the manga.. so when i saw the manga, i couldnt connect the two. I mean the story is the same but the "picture" is so different.

I agree with you, yamapi and maki... but oguri shun? hmmm, i doubt if he could pull it off, thinking he is gay.. hehe

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Mar 25th, '07, 10:41

Mawchan - I recommend Kimi wa Petto. Best adaptation ever! Okay, I haven't watched that many... :whistling:
But the guy is cute (Matsujun) and the female lead is great too. Overall the casting is great except for Hasumi-senpai.
In the manga he's really hot, but in the drama he's just... bleh :glare:

mawchan

Post by mawchan » Mar 25th, '07, 10:46

cuteangelika wrote:yeah.. i went into a bookstore and saw volumes 1-15 of hana kami... since i've only seen the tw version, i didnt know how they looked like in the manga.. so when i saw the manga, i couldnt connect the two. I mean the story is the same but the "picture" is so different.

I agree with you, yamapi and maki... but oguri shun? hmmm, i doubt if he could pull it off, thinking he is gay.. hehe
RU serious that shu oguri is gay?u mean as in gay gay or gay (ugly),,,,,i'm a big of him hahaha think he's very cool....haha ppls taste are different lols.... :lol

daisuki desu thanx for ure recomendation i might start downloading kimi wa peto i've read the manga for 1-2 volume it's pretty interesting..lols :lol oo yea do u guys kno any other live adaption from manga and anime?
thanx once again.... :salut:

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Mar 25th, '07, 15:40

mawchan wrote:
cuteangelika wrote:yeah.. i went into a bookstore and saw volumes 1-15 of hana kami... since i've only seen the tw version, i didnt know how they looked like in the manga.. so when i saw the manga, i couldnt connect the two. I mean the story is the same but the "picture" is so different.

RU serious that shu oguri is gay?u mean as in gay gay or gay (ugly),,,,,i'm a big of him hahaha think he's very cool....haha ppls taste are different lols.... :lol
She probably meant that Oguri can't play Nakatsu because Nakatsu thinks he's gay, and Oguri isn't. Right? I think he could do it though, cause he's a good actor :thumright:

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Mar 25th, '07, 18:34

oh i definitely think tamaki hiroshi should play sano! he totally looks like him in my mind.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 25th, '07, 18:36

Ya i can't really see Oguri Shun thinking he's gay either. But he has the right hair color to play Nakatsu!! :lol :lol I guess someone who's goofy and funny should play Nakatsu

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Mar 25th, '07, 19:37

pinkstars wrote:
Eziya Minamoto wrote:I would love to see a live action adaption of Hot Gimmick, but I'm unsure of the actors that should be used. I guess I would love to see Inoue Mao as Hatsumi.
i love that manga!

I haven't given much thought to Ryoki...I think I need to familarize myself with more Japanese male actors. :goggle:

However, I would love to see Tamaki Hiroshi as Ryoki, but a Mao/Tamaki pairing seems odd, since he looks much older than her.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 25th, '07, 19:51

They should make Ouran Host Club into a live-action drama :>.

Ueto Aya as Haruhi
Yamashita as Sudo
Oguri as Morizuka
? as Hanizuka
? ? as the twins ^^

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 25th, '07, 20:15

I'd luv to see a host club live action drama!! :lol
I agree aya ueto would be a good haruhi cause she looks good in short hair and already had it short, I wonder who Tamaki would be though? some spontainious i guess

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 25th, '07, 20:25

kawaiimomo wrote:I'd luv to see a host club live action drama!! :lol
I agree aya ueto would be a good haruhi cause she looks good in short hair and already had it short, I wonder who Tamaki would be though? some spontainious i guess
Ye!! :D.

Hmm... Maybe Oguri? And Nagase as Morizuka :D

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 25th, '07, 23:28

i would like to see mao as kira from mars O_O haha i know! but i would like to see her in a role that's not the sassy type! coz i know she's a great actress and can pull it off! ^o^ just my opinion and of course as rei, just what belleza on HYD thread wrote, i'd want yamapi to play that role! *drool* coz i love mars and i wanna see 2 of my fave actors play it. haha! just like barbie and vic~

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » Mar 25th, '07, 23:56

so my question is why a lot of awesome mangas like that get produced in taiwanese or chinese? i'm usually don't watch them because when i look at the main characters, they don't look anything close to the actually characters in the manga... it's so sad...
i wanna say "hear hear" for a drama adaption of Mars, Hot Gimmick, Hana Kimi, W Juliet and Ouran Host Club...
why hasn't eveyone thought of this yet?
as for the leads? i agree with pretty much all of them...
i don't mind watching more dramas with yamapi, shun, kame, jin, etc... mao and maki are great as female leads...

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 26th, '07, 01:21

Yeah why does taiwan always take ideas from japan? they made like 5 dramas based on japanese manga, like boys over flowers, MARS, Marmalade boy, peach girl, hana-kimi and probably a lot of other dramas that are based on japanese manga.
don't get me those dramas are good, well most of them i haven't seen yet ...... :roll
anywayz i'd like to see a japanses version of marmalade boy! don't know who to cast though? and i'd like to see Maki and Yamapi be in a live action version of Kare Kano! they sorta of look like the character dont ya think?

mawchan

Post by mawchan » Mar 26th, '07, 06:51

hmmm have anyone watch kurosagi?is it good?since yamapi is so popular lols...

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 26th, '07, 06:59

maybe they don't want the people to think they can't come up with anything original for a drama anymore hehe! i don't know a lot of manga so it will be nice to watch it in live action!!!

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » Mar 27th, '07, 01:27

mawchan wrote:hmmm have anyone watch kurosagi?is it good?since yamapi is so popular lols...
i really love kurosagi and it's one of my favorites...
yamapi's acting was amazing and he changes costumes like he changes socks... lol
it's really funny and touching and i really recommend it...
the manga (which is based on the drama) is pretty good as well

Billion

Post by Billion » Mar 27th, '07, 04:42

mawchan wrote:
hmmm have anyone watch kurosagi?is it good?since yamapi is so popular lols...
eUxaZnxRo wrote:
i really love kurosagi and it's one of my favorites...
yamapi's acting was amazing and he changes costumes like he changes socks... lol
it's really funny and touching and i really recommend it...
the manga (which is based on the drama) is pretty good as well
You think so? I was pretty disappointed with the dorama. The acting wasn't that great and the characters had no depth and the story itself doesn't appear realistic. The high ratings just gave it more credit than it deserved. The only good thing that came out of it was Yamapi gaining weight.

KimiWaPet2150

Post by KimiWaPet2150 » Mar 27th, '07, 04:49

I wouldn't mind seeing a LA of Mars or Eternal Sabbath.

Anyone up for Mars casting?

As for Eternal Sabbath I picture Shun as the perfect lead. He plays a great in thriller horrors.Everyone has seen him in Neighbor 13, right? lol. If not as an incentive you see him naked. ^^' It's out in the states too. I DLed mine a long time ago, but you can rent it at Blockbuster.

Ah~.

A Japanese Peach Girl would be nice...the other LA was way off the plot.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 27th, '07, 13:09

katdiva at asianfanatics.net had a perfect cast for peach girl live action.

mao-chan as momo
matsujun as touji
and pipi-chan as okayasu

i'm not familiar with peach girl! so go katdiva! hehe! but seeing these three awesome actors in the cast list i will definitely be watching this if it were to come true! *cross fingers*

for mars. well i don't know lots of japanese actors! haha!

mars
for rei, yamapi *drrrooollls*

or oguri shun? yeah i think he suits the playboy roles.

and for kira mao-chan or maki haha!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 27th, '07, 13:47

mawchan wrote:tamaki hiroshi can play the sano part :thumleft:
wah!! i totally agree ^______________^
i really like the idea of a japanese mars, ouran host club (we've been suggesting that one for awhile, i wish they'd do this one the most ^^;; ), hana kimi, peach girl (i never finished that manga... :P )... did i forget something? probably LoL. i haven't read hot gimmick :blink maybe i should ne? ^^
i don't like the idea of repeating couples though. sure it'd be nice to seem them again (well.. maybe...) but come on guys. it shows no creativity and it's just repetition. sure i'd love to see a pretty boy in each of these doramas but i think the lead should be someone who hasn't done a lead before.. or maybe a new or underappreciated actor.

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Mar 27th, '07, 21:05

x_XJules wrote:
mawchan wrote:tamaki hiroshi can play the sano part :thumleft:
wah!! i totally agree ^______________^
i really like the idea of a japanese mars, ouran host club (we've been suggesting that one for awhile, i wish they'd do this one the most ^^;; ), hana kimi, peach girl (i never finished that manga... :P )... did i forget something? probably LoL. i haven't read hot gimmick :blink maybe i should ne? ^^
i don't like the idea of repeating couples though. sure it'd be nice to seem them again (well.. maybe...) but come on guys. it shows no creativity and it's just repetition. sure i'd love to see a pretty boy in each of these doramas but i think the lead should be someone who hasn't done a lead before.. or maybe a new or underappreciated actor.
Read Hot Gimmick, sure it has plenty of twists...but it keeps it interesting!

KimiWaPet2150

Post by KimiWaPet2150 » Mar 27th, '07, 21:58

HOLY...+_+ That really is a PERFECT cast set for Peach Girl.

Though I don't know if Mao is a good choice. Momo was tall and she was VERY tan. They called her a tan-face, when really it was because of her father that she tanned easily. (somewhere down the line he was part something else other than Japanese and despite the fact that no one ever got the tan skin in her family, she did. lol)

Giro (Gigolo as the English manga called him...) would have to be Jin. I'm not sure who would play Sae...hmm...lol

OMG! Yamapi as Kiley. (forget the Japanese name...Kirra?? or something like that.)
yamapinku-rabu wrote:katdiva at asianfanatics.net had a perfect cast for peach girl live action.

mao-chan as momo
matsujun as touji
and pipi-chan as okayasu

i'm not familiar with peach girl! so go katdiva! hehe! but seeing these three awesome actors in the cast list i will definitely be watching this if it were to come true! *cross fingers*

for mars. well i don't know lots of japanese actors! haha!

mars
for rei, yamapi *drrrooollls*

or oguri shun? yeah i think he suits the playboy roles.

and for kira mao-chan or maki haha!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 27th, '07, 22:10

although mao is fair-skinned but they can tan her actually haha! >o< that would be easy haha!

who's giro? and who's kiley? XD still peach girl?

KimiWaPet2150

Post by KimiWaPet2150 » Mar 27th, '07, 22:29

yeah, still Peach girl. ^___~

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Mar 27th, '07, 22:39

For Hana Kimi--

I vote Nishikido Ryo as Sano :) I think Ueto Aya would make a ridiculously funny Mizuki... then again, I loved this pair in Attention please...

I can kind of see Yamapi as a hilarious Shuichi...

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 27th, '07, 22:46

wish it would come true though! doing some more live action! i would think fans in japan would like that! XD

ah nishikido ryo? haha! it works! XD

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 28th, '07, 19:17

ohcrapimonfire wrote:For Hana Kimi--

I vote Nishikido Ryo as Sano :)
wah such a good idea!! he is rather short though >.< but i'm sure he'd carry the role of well ^-^
I think Ueto Aya would make a ridiculously funny Mizuki.
she would make a good mizuki. she's short too right? so the height thing wouldn't be too off.. i think ^0^

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Mar 30th, '07, 13:33

I would love to see Hot Gimmick as a live action.:D
I think Aoi Yuu or Kurokawa Tomoka as Hatsumi, a interesting akane would be Horikita Maki.

TRaven

Re: Who would play in the live-action adaptation of...

Post by TRaven » Mar 30th, '07, 21:54

daisukides wrote:I've been thinking they should make a japanese version of Hana-Kimi. Not that I don't like the taiwanese version, it's just that the actors look

OMG! I just finished watching Hana Kimi, and i thought the same exact thing! Maki would definitely be good for the part! haha

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 1st, '07, 18:50

hmmmm....i would like to see KOUKOU DEBUT as a live-drama...lol....though i have no idea who to cast though....
but whoever's playing YOH got to be someone who can act really cold and is of course..handsome...lol....

aside from that....ummmm... why HOT GIMMICK????? it's soo......PERVERTED!!!!!!

om369

Post by om369 » Apr 1st, '07, 19:19

There would be alot of manga that should turn into live action like:

I would love to see "Yakitate Japan" "Wallflower" "Skip Beat" "Hissing" and "Ultra Maniac"

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Apr 1st, '07, 20:02

kuvli wrote:
aside from that....ummmm... why HOT GIMMICK????? it's soo......PERVERTED!!!!!!
I haven't read much of hot gimmick, but I found this great site http://mangarun.com/ where you can read manga online,
and I read a little of the first volume, and yeah, that does sound a bit perverted. I like it! :mrgreen:

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Apr 1st, '07, 20:14

Sure Hot Gimmick is kind of perveretd.I love it.In some way Ryoki makes me think to Tsukasa.They're so cute.So I think Matsumoto Jun (BEST Hot actor) will play Ryoki well in a live action drama.
And for Hana Kimi I would like to see Pi and Maki.I love to see them together in any dramas.I'm a fan of the Yamaki couple.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Apr 1st, '07, 20:51

Mars:

Rei Kashino..............................................................................Yamashita Tomohisa

Kira Aso.......................................................................Inoue Mao

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 2nd, '07, 02:31

thanks for the site daisukides! was a bit curious about hot gimmick! haha! i only heard about it now! :lol

i agree with superkyle haha!

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 2nd, '07, 03:42

*jerk* urgh...!!!! u girls are serious about that HOT GIMMICIK??? ummm.....i don't think i would want to see those groping scenes...BLEH.....

HANA KIMI....lol....nicesu!!!!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 2nd, '07, 03:52

haha it's a nice thought? pwahaha! but yeah it would be too much!!!

mars would be great! :lol

gujjugal

Post by gujjugal » Apr 2nd, '07, 04:17

kare kano would be a cute adaption.
its something different.
i'd like to see Tamaki Hiroshi in something...he just looks to old to fit in for kare kano...hmm..

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 2nd, '07, 07:52

hot gimmick is O_O can't imagine a live action of this O_O

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 2nd, '07, 20:27

@yamapinku-rabu....same here.....lol.....who can.....

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 3rd, '07, 07:01

kuvli: haha it's just too O_O although come to think of it, they did make a movie of "i'm in love with my little sister" so... i think i'm kinda more disturbed with the little sister thing haha! and compared to that hot gimmick is more tolerable haha!

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 3rd, '07, 20:47

lol...@yamapinku-rabu.....ew!!! tat's even sicker!!!!!! but to tell u.....it's somewat like tat too in HOT GIMMICK....
the main girl have an adopted bro who fall for her too...eck....
but i guess u r rite abt the movie thingie.....whe....why would pepo do such movies like tat?!!!!![/spoiler]

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Apr 3rd, '07, 21:18

O have you guys heard a rumor that there gonna be a japanese version of hana-kimi this summer? So far the rumor saids that the main character are gonna be played by Nishikido Ryo and Horikita Maki! :D Hope its true!!! but we'll have to wait until it gets confirmed

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Apr 3rd, '07, 21:30

That rumour actually freaked me out a little. I mean we were talking about it here, I suggested that same cast, and
suddenly they're gonna make it? Isn't it a little too much of a coincidence? :blink

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 3rd, '07, 22:13

really? ryo and maki??? hahaha wow! never thought of that!!! :lol would be nice! at least we have one with a good cast haha!

@kuvli wahahaha i know what you mean. it's really disturbing that movie. but i don't know it's his twin sister for god's sake! wahaha! the hot gimmick is way milder! twin sister! O_O i saw a picture that looks like they were going to kiss ugh it's kinda O_O ugh...

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 3rd, '07, 22:55

daiskudes: maybe you should think up more casts for other doramas and they might come true!!! yey! haha! please have something with maopi as the leads haha! XD

is it really just a rumor? i think it will be nice though. i think j-version will pull it off better than the taiwan version.

funki3

Post by funki3 » Apr 3rd, '07, 23:07

pinkstars wrote:
i love that manga!

lol, hot gimmick as a live action would be quite interesting. and i agree with mao and jun playin hatsumi and ryoki. but i don't know how they'd pull this one off. i mean, there's a lot of sexualness in this manga.. and you know how drama's tend to be pretty pg-13.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 3rd, '07, 23:12

i just started reading the manga and yes i was surprised by the content! when they said perverted, it really was perverted hahaha! but seeing mao and jun in it... hmmm... would be interesting! :mrgreen:

and yes jdoramas are wholesome so it will be hard to do this i think! maybe tone down the explicit scenes?

funki3

Post by funki3 » Apr 3rd, '07, 23:33

i think most of the sexual scenes would be just suggested off-screen action.

ya, seeing jun and mao playing rolls that are more "active" that doumyoji and makino would be sweet. lol, that kinda makes me sound like a perv. lol, i swear i'm not.. you guys get what i mean

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 3rd, '07, 23:44

:mrgreen: i think we all have a little pervieness inside haha! just kidding!

but hyd was sweet too! :wub:

but yeah seeing junmao in roles like these and opposite each other would be... interesting... :alcoholic:

monik991

Post by monik991 » Apr 10th, '07, 19:07

I kinda liked the tw adaptation of Hana Kimi. I didn't think it was that bad... but then again, the drama made me fans of SHE and Fahrenheit... ah... ella and wu zun...

anyways...

but I'll be looking forward to the Jp version of Hana Kimi... WOOOT

But what about Fruits Basket... I discontinued reading, but I think it'd be a fun and hard drama to pull off. Besides, it would provide a supply of eye-candy.

and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower in US, My Fair Lady in Singapore). That would be an AWESOME drama!!!

funki3

Post by funki3 » Apr 10th, '07, 19:44

monik991 wrote:I kinda liked the tw adaptation of Hana Kimi. I didn't think it was that bad... but then again, the drama made me fans of SHE and Fahrenheit... ah... ella and wu zun...

anyways...

but I'll be looking forward to the Jp version of Hana Kimi... WOOOT

But what about Fruits Basket... I discontinued reading, but I think it'd be a fun and hard drama to pull off. Besides, it would provide a supply of eye-candy.

and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge (Wallflower in US, My Fair Lady in Singapore). That would be an AWESOME drama!!!

i liked the twn hana kimi, but there's still so much that they could have done with it. i'd love to see a jdrama version. i'm thinking it would be better (i tend to like mangas adapted into jdrama better).

fruits basket i think would be a little difficult to make into a drama. main thing being that that whole curse would be hard to portray. i'm too scared of weird that would look cg-ed (think live-action sailormoon).

and yamato nadeshiko shichihenge would be the FUNNIEST drama. plus, we get to oogle at 2 HOT boys. as to who would be those four.. hmm, i couldn't really say.. let me think on that some more.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Apr 10th, '07, 21:09

ouran high school host club!
im still wondering who would play tamaki and haruhi.... or even honey senpai.

Im thinking of oguri shun or yamapi as mori.... hmmm.. i wish they had a live adaptation of that. imagine, six hot guys all together! hehe

monik991

Post by monik991 » Apr 13th, '07, 01:54

@funki (since i don't know how to do those cool looking quote boxes): I get what you mean about furuba. hahah... i guess it'd be best if they just left the manga alone, lol.

yes.....Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge... I'D DIE to see a live-action of that. I mean, the anime and manga are funny enough. and of course, long live the bishounen! wootttt![/quote]

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Apr 15th, '07, 02:50

dxtr wrote:They should make Ouran Host Club into a live-action drama
I second/third/fourth/whatever number it should be this idea.
They should have some cute little kid from Johnny's Juniors play Honey, because of his cuteness. :wub:

There were rumors of Maki Horikita as Haruhi in a Host Club adaptation...

Oh, and i think there should be a Vampire Knight anime/live-action. Though that would...be pretty strange.

Godchild would be an interesting one too...and Count Cain, the prequel...

XXXholic too...

...I read emo/depressing/mystical manga.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Apr 15th, '07, 09:34

ittiou wrote:I second/third/fourth/whatever number it should be this idea.
They should have some cute little kid from Johnny's Juniors play Honey, because of his cuteness. :wub:
wah!! i would have never thought of that!! that's an excellent idea ^^ man, i noticed them in a magazine not long ago and without realizing it, some of them have grown up quite a bit ^^;;

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Apr 15th, '07, 18:34

x_XJules wrote:
ittiou wrote:I second/third/fourth/whatever number it should be this idea.
wah!! i would have never thought of that!! that's an excellent idea ^^ man, i noticed them in a magazine not long ago and without realizing it, some of them have grown up quite a bit ^^;;
...I thought Yuto Nakajima is still like a cute little kid...Dont know if he can act though...

Fleet

Post by Fleet » Apr 15th, '07, 23:07

ittiou wrote:
dxtr wrote:They should make Ouran Host Club into a live-action drama
I second/third/fourth/whatever number it should be this idea.

There were rumors of Maki Horikita as Haruhi in a Host Club adaptation...

Oh, and i think there should be a Vampire Knight anime/live-action. Though that would...be pretty strange.

Godchild would be an interesting one too...and Count Cain, the prequel...

XXXholic too...

...I read emo/depressing/mystical manga.
haha, me too. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL IF THEY MADE LIVE-ACTIONS OF THOSE!!! .. I would freaking die. :). Let's all just pray that it happens.

But, as for people who play the roles, I don't really have anybody in mind for any of the roles. I'll just get surprised and see who they are.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Apr 16th, '07, 06:53

ittiou wrote:...I thought Yuto Nakajima is still like a cute little kid...Dont know if he can act though...
Wah Yuto was so cute in Nobuta wo Produce though ^^ he's gotten quite a bit taller, but it would be unrealistic to find someone has chibi as honey-senpai :lol
[img]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3353/yuto1gs6.th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7942/yuto2xc7.th.jpg[/img]
wahhh he's about as tall as i am o.O hehe
(pics scanned in by me from Wink Up April 2007)

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Apr 20th, '07, 02:52

kawaiimomo wrote:I also read in the HYD thread that maki would be the perfect Kira for MARS and i totally agree! I would like to a japanese version of MARS!
Ahhh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: It would be interesting to see either Yamapi or Jin as Rei.
JIn has more of rebel look but Yamapi matches well with Maki.

Talking about these 3, i think in an adaptation of Karekano, Yamapi would be the perfect Arima and JIn would be the perfect Asaba. Mari could play Yukino as well.

And in Fushigi Yugi (hehehehe i always say this), Tackey would be the perfect Tasuki, just take a look:

Who you think would be a good Tamahome? :scratch: it could be a chinese actor too because tamahome is chinese...... :scratch:
Attachments
Hideaki-Takizawa-(15).jpg
Hideaki-Takizawa-(15).jpg (47.41 KiB) Viewed 4118 times
Tasuki.jpg
Tasuki.jpg (32.9 KiB) Viewed 4118 times

kuvli

Post by kuvli » Apr 20th, '07, 06:02

Rasckita wrote: And in Fushigi Yugi (hehehehe i always say this), Tackey would be the perfect Tasuki, just take a look::
ahahahha....aaawww....how cute.....

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Apr 20th, '07, 23:10

funki3 wrote:
pinkstars wrote:
i love that manga!

lol, hot gimmick as a live action would be quite interesting. and i agree with mao and jun playin hatsumi and ryoki. but i don't know how they'd pull this one off. i mean, there's a lot of sexualness in this manga.. and you know how drama's tend to be pretty pg-13.
It is a bit mature for general audiences...but the manga is hilarious, nonetheless.

I want to see a live adaption of The Wallflower! Now to think of actors....

girl4anime

Post by girl4anime » Apr 21st, '07, 02:49

OMG!!!! I would LOOOVEEE to see a live action Ouran! Here's my cast.....

Fujioka Haruhi.....Ueto Aya
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... Haruhi.jpg[/img]

Suou Tamaki.....???? Since his character is half french, wouldn't the actor have to actually have blond hair? I don't know of any....ideas anyone?

Ootori Kyouya.....Yamashita Tomohisa
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... Kyouya.jpg[/img]

Morinozuka Takashi "Mori-senpai".....Tsumabuki Satoshi (that guy from Lunch no Joou and Orange Days)
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... hiMori.jpg[/img]

Haninozuka Mitsukuni "Honey-senpai".......I was thinking that kid who played Shin in NANA 2 and the lead in Prince of Tennis, just for his overall cuteness, but his cuteness is sorta dark and moody not all sunny like Honey's so idk.

Hitachiin Twins.....Ummm, are there even any Japanese male twin actors?

Soooo, that's what I was thinking. I was gonna see who I could find for all the supporting characters too but this proved a bit time consuming. On a funny note, I was thinking about Inoue Mao for Haruhi.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... Haruhi.jpg[/img]
Because I can TOTALLY picture her in the role, but below is what she looks like with short hair and I don't think she could pull off the whole "mistaken for a boy" thing.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ropped.jpg[/img]