[TwDrama] Hana Kimi 2 (CTS/GTV)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
samuraideathxxx

[TwDrama] Hana Kimi 2 (CTS/GTV)

Post by samuraideathxxx » Apr 10th, '07, 23:03

I Heard That Their`s Hana-Kimi2. Is That True?

Here`s The Website I Found It.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hua_Yang_Shao_Nian_Shao_Nu_2

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Apr 11th, '07, 05:23

Yes I have heard the news as well. So excited! :cheers: The filming should start at the end of this year.

silver sparrow
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by silver sparrow » Apr 11th, '07, 05:37

yeaah i just read about the news! there will be a hana kimi 2!!! yay i'm soo happy! more chunella <3!!!~

:wub: :cheers:

maysia

Post by maysia » Apr 11th, '07, 15:32

yea i heard about that too... but is it a bit... 'fast' for a sequel?!.. lol
i know that the fans are excited about that, but yea... just my opinion.
It's going to be hard to make as good as the 1st one (actually i havn even watch the whole drama yet, i'm not that addicted like everyone here hahaha~~ )

Matschgal

Post by Matschgal » Apr 11th, '07, 15:43

YEAH! I'm waiting for it. I thought there HAS to be a better ending, than that in Hana Kimi... And now, I expect more and more... So good, now I can only wait... *sigh*

felizsha_101

Re: [TwDrama] Hana Kimi 2 (CTS/GTV)

Post by felizsha_101 » Apr 11th, '07, 16:46

samuraideathxxx wrote:I Heard That Their`s Hana-Kimi2. Is That True?

Here`s The Website I Found It.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hua_Yang_Shao_Nian_Shao_Nu_2
yey! if its true then im sooooo... excited and happy!!! can't wait to see rui xi and quan agen.. yey for me!!!

EdisonLiu

Post by EdisonLiu » Apr 11th, '07, 17:09

If you take the time to watch the first episode, you will understand why everyone is all loving it. Also big fan of S.H.E. so have to watch it :)

Anyways, can't wait to see what the second one brings.

maysia actually for this story, it will be different but going to be good. I don't know about not being as good as the first. Ella can really act. Jiro is the fun character. And with Wu Chun, it is going to be a really enjoyable serie.

aznstarlu

Post by aznstarlu » Apr 11th, '07, 17:25

yay i cant wait for it!!

im still watching the first series. and its awsome that another one is comin out!

:D

Tagg

Post by Tagg » Apr 11th, '07, 17:39

:D
love the story but dun really like the ending
:p
wondering if all the cast gonna remain for the sequel?
since I remember ella mention that she won't be filming the sequel
if I'm not wrong

please anyone confirm it for me
ehehehe
:lol

samuraideathxxx

Post by samuraideathxxx » Apr 12th, '07, 21:55

yea. i remember in one of the news. ella said that hana kimi was the last drama she`s gonna act in. well, ella betta be in hana kimi2. she`s just so funnyy

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 12th, '07, 22:05

samuraideathxxx wrote:yea. i remember in one of the news. ella said that hana kimi was the last drama she`s gonna act in. well, ella betta be in hana kimi2. she`s just so funnyy
She did say that but she added "this year" at the end. Hana Kimi is scheduled to to start filming next year I think. Or it will air next year but I think she said that it was her last drama last year which means she is doing one this year. -confusing I know. Sorry-

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 12th, '07, 22:28

It was obvious after watching the ending that they'd make a Hana Kim#2. It left eveyone hanging, because it was good throughout the whole thing and to just end like that as if they were on a budget and trying to be quick about finishing it. It was obvious to me that they were going to do a sequel, because we wanted to see more. I can't wait till it comes out

Matschgal

Post by Matschgal » Apr 12th, '07, 23:09

I'm glad if Ella continues to make dramas... I like her acting, she is as natural as anyone can be, I love her faces and I think she is also very beautiful... It would be too sad if she'd stop acting... ^^

So we only have to wait for Hana Kimi 2 =D (after the ending I also hoped for Hana Kimi 2, but I was afraid there wouldn't be a season 2... HAPPY DESU! =D )

jellydonut

Post by jellydonut » Apr 13th, '07, 20:16

:heart: yeah, i can't wait for it to come out, hopefully by then yesasia will have Hana Kimi with english sub so i can buy it. Im glad there are so many out there who are in love with this serie.

Hana Kimi Rules lol

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Apr 13th, '07, 21:14

i knew that there would be one after that ending,
there just had to be one because that was not an ending and i doubt they had a low budget....

well ill be faithfully waiting...

there are so many good upcoming t dramas like:

Exchange Love
X-Family

i really cant wait!!!!

monik991

Post by monik991 » Apr 14th, '07, 23:19

i just found out while i was browsing through pics.. lol..

I thought it was just a rumor, but it's truee!! woott! Well, hope it's true, cause wiki says it's not officially confirmed.

Soo happy!!!!!! :D

noadetti

Post by noadetti » Apr 14th, '07, 23:52

Ella better act, 'cause she's actually good at it, unlike many other 'actors'. Or at least, she picks her parts very well...

Here's crossed fingers to the sequel! :)

xJaimex

Post by xJaimex » Apr 15th, '07, 14:26

wee a sequel i am so happy xD, i was very disappointed with the ending of HK,
i found this in www.jay-chou.net
WuZun's version of "Hana-Kimi II"
Earlier WuZun came to GuangZhou for the promotion of the idol drama Hana-Kimi. During the interview, WuZun said that the hardest scenes to film were the kiss scenes between him and Ella.

Although the two have been rumored together, WuZun treats Ella as his senior because Ella loves to teach him many new things, such as techniques about acting and such. When asked about the most memorable scenes in Hana-Kimi, WuZun answers: "The kissing scenes". I am a new comer so whenever I film kiss scenes I get really nervous. There was a scene where I have to kiss Ella, and I was nervous the entire day. I finally couldn't hold it in and asked the director how was it possible that after drinking one gulp of alcohol I am drunk and randomly kiss a girl, it's too quick. When the director heard it, he was very unhappy and answered: "It's acting, it's a movie!" After half the day, I finally filmed the scene and it was okay, but during the process I got the director angry.

When speaking of relationships, WuZun says that his company doesn't restrict them from dating, as long as the paparazzi don't see, so basically they cannot openly date. "I don't like that, because if I don't announce it, it's bad, but if I do announce it, it will cause trouble. Because of this, I do not have plans on dating as of now."

Asking if WuZun likes tomboyish types like Ella, WuZun says that it all depends on the feeling. If the feeling it right, and they are tomboyish, then that is also fine. WuZun says that when he first met Ella, they were not very close and he was very quiet, but because Ella would also tease and play with him. After a few weeks, they became closer and more comfortable, and WuZun then began to tease her as well.

Other then kissing scenes, WuZun says that the language is also a problem for him. Because WuZun is from Brunei, his mandarin is not that good, so that causes a problem sometimes. In the beginning the crew thought about hiring a voice over for WuZun, but WuZun requested for a chance, so he practiced his mandarin and in the end, they didn’t need to dub his over after all. During the first week of voice recording, WuZun was once again stumped on his mandarin. Within the drama, there is a dog named "Yu Ci Lang and WuZun had troubles pronouncing the "Yu" WuZun says: "I couldn't pronounce the "Yu" character, I would always pronounce it as "Yi" The name is also quite high, so I would often NG, then I would have to start all over again. After the first week, I gave up."

Because Ella was very busy, they could only film half of the original manga. In the end, Ella did not disclose to anyone that she was in fact a girl. Everyone is hoping for a sequel, and WuZun himself says that he also hopes that there will be a sequel, but they have to see if time allows them.

Although the sequel hasn't begun filming, WuZun already has a plot thought up. "My version of the sequel is, I know that Ella is a girl and our relationship will not be as ambiguous. Ella then goes back to the States, and I fly to the States to find her. In the end, we are together, and that's a happy ending! "What do Hana-Kimi fans think about WuZun's sequel?

WuZun loves to daze as he often just zones out. Other then that, WuZun also loves to move around, such as sports and playing around with cars and its equipments. WuZun says: "I'm really good with cars! I am a person who chases for happiness and am very open about things. At first when you know me, I may be quiet, but when I get to know you, I will become very lively. If you are quiet, then I will be quiet too."

Translated by m1ss @ http://asianfanatics.net/

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 16th, '07, 01:57

@xJaimex

XIE XIE NI For posting that hehe thats good info to hear. A lot of ppl wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted that.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Apr 16th, '07, 06:02

i love Wu Zun! hes so great...

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Apr 17th, '07, 04:35

I am so excited for this sequel... but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because that will probably just lead to disappointment. :P I just hope it isn't as painful as Meteor Garden 2. :unsure: Hope this sequel has smooth filming and everything! I'd love to see them go through some more of the stories from the manga.

RusticAmethyst

Post by RusticAmethyst » Apr 17th, '07, 05:06

It was so obvious at the end that they were setting themselves up for a sequel... I was watching some interviews and variety shows and stuff with (not all together) Ella, Chun and Jiro.... and it was basically implied that time was short.... They said something about Ella not taking her vacation and filming this, and that the boys had to do stuff for their album (which is now out)... And I seriously don't think that budget is the problem...

So yea... this time, let's hope the three are NOT as crazy-packed with stuff to do so we can have a really really good sequel! :)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Apr 17th, '07, 05:25

I thought Ella announced she wouldn't be doing dramas anymore?

ehhhh i probably shouldn't have read this thread >.> i haven't finished the series yet and i now know
she doesn't reveal she's a girl
Since it ends that way i'd hope for a sequel too.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 17th, '07, 05:54

x_XJules wrote:I thought Ella announced she wouldn't be doing dramas anymore?

ehhhh i probably shouldn't have read this thread >.> i haven't finished the series yet and i now know
she doesn't reveal she's a girl
Since it ends that way i'd hope for a sequel too.
Are you referring to the press conference where Ella said that there were rumors of her not doing dramas anymore and then she said how her mother said she should quit because she had to wear things that flattened her boobs? There was also another coference where she said that she wanted to focus on her music more than dramas if thats what your referring to. From my knowledge she never said that she'd quit acting.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Apr 17th, '07, 05:56

The reason they couldn't finish the drama complete with the manga was because Ella was busy with other projects. Mainly her music with S.H.E. Has anyone seen the manga before?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Apr 17th, '07, 06:10

christaluvsdrama wrote:Are you referring to the press conference where Ella said that there were rumors of her not doing dramas anymore and then she said how her mother said she should quit because she had to wear things that flattened her boobs? There was also another coference where she said that she wanted to focus on her music more than dramas if thats what your referring to. From my knowledge she never said that she'd quit acting.
no.. it wasn't that one. she was saying that she was happy that hana kimi was her last drama, but maybe she meant that she was taking a break or something, or maybe the translation was weak and she just meant she was happy that her previous drama was hana kimi. sorry ^^;; i got the impression that hana kimi would be her last. if i can i'll try to find the clip of it again.
christaluvsdrama wrote:Has anyone seen the manga before?
i've got about 2 volumes left to read ^^

EdisonLiu

Post by EdisonLiu » Apr 17th, '07, 20:59

SHE new album will be out in JUNE!!! Can't wait!!! I heard it is going to be really good.

Also thanks for sharing that info xJaimex

samuraideathxxx

Post by samuraideathxxx » Apr 21st, '07, 05:28

^ i can`t wait too![[:

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Apr 22nd, '07, 02:19

me neither...

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Apr 24th, '07, 23:52

Ella didn't say she was quiting doing dramas altogether, she said Hana Kimi was going to be her last drama for that year, which means, if her schedule allowed her to act the next years she'd probably do it.

Or so that's what I remember to have read about the issue... :roll

fan-ta-xi

Post by fan-ta-xi » Apr 25th, '07, 04:17

i got really worried when i heard that Ella might not be in the sequel due to wearing that thing that flattens her boobs cause from my experience, the sequels are never as good if they change the cast.

TehEmoWasHere

Post by TehEmoWasHere » Apr 29th, '07, 01:46

NO WAY! there's another one coming?!?! ALRIGHT! >3< :w00t:

flute0326

Post by flute0326 » May 10th, '07, 21:46

REally That's so cool! Does anybody knows when is it coming out?
I loved the first one, except for the ending...

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 12th, '07, 17:30

thats because it wasnt an ending it was a continuation, as soon as i saw
that ending i knew that there would be a part 2.... and here it is...

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 12th, '07, 17:31

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 12th, '07, 17:34

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 12th, '07, 17:34

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 12th, '07, 17:42

sorry about that my computer went retardo...

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 14th, '07, 22:13

OMG! Srrsly? Part 2? Because the ending of the first one was...a;sldfj;alskdjf;alskdjf;laskdfj

I've read the manga, and I was very unhappy with how it ended (like from ep 13 on...)

So there's still a chance for redemption!

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 14th, '07, 22:16

of course, of course...

babygiirl

Post by babygiirl » May 15th, '07, 02:20

:lol There haven't been any confirmation yet, we're on page 3 :w00t: . I'm hoping that in second season (if there's one) when Ella turn to the US or something like that, let her wear really girly stuffs not the punk kinda style or tomboy but really girly like the manga and that she acts more girly.

For ella to act girly hmmm ... it might be far fetch but she's an actress right? :whistling: Kimi Hana 222222222222222222222222222 power!

-bbg :D

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 15th, '07, 04:01

i liked this style of clothing for her:
Attachments
Hana Kimi.jpg
Hana Kimi.jpg (109.45 KiB) Viewed 5512 times

lilangryaznangel

Post by lilangryaznangel » May 15th, '07, 06:06

Superkyle wrote:i liked this style of clothing for her:
wow her clothes are so cute ^_^

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 15th, '07, 11:21

i really liker her hair like that too... she looks good with side swept bangs...

devilsangel16

HANA-KIMI 2!!!!

Post by devilsangel16 » May 17th, '07, 03:26

ARE YOU GUYS FOR REALZ!!!!
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS NEWS FOR-EVER NOW :cheers:
I LOVE THE SHOW!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :heart: :heart:
KEEP ME POSTED...

IsaBonita

Post by IsaBonita » May 26th, '07, 16:23

yes yes its confirmed
i cannot wait for it either
but it would have been very dissappinting, if there wasnt a sequel
because they didnt even admit it to each other, nor saying that rui shi was a girl~
i am really happy a sequel is soon coming out YAY!

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 27th, '07, 01:07

For those that have read the manga...
I hope in the second season they follow the manga and take a trip to the US...that was one of my favorite parts of the manga! Especially at the dinner table when she's not really paying attention to what's going on and Sano is talking to the father!

hinata_47

Post by hinata_47 » Jun 14th, '07, 08:22

does anybody in here knows the plot of the hana kimi 2? :wub: :wub:

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jun 16th, '07, 04:06

i cant wait for this sequel!!

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jun 16th, '07, 04:29

xJaimex wrote:wee a sequel i am so happy xD, i was very disappointed with the ending of HK,
i found this in www.jay-chou.net
WuZun's version of "Hana-Kimi II"

Although the sequel hasn't begun filming, WuZun already has a plot thought up. "My version of the sequel is, I know that Ella is a girl and our relationship will not be as ambiguous. Ella then goes back to the States, and I fly to the States to find her. In the end, we are together, and that's a happy ending! "What do Hana-Kimi fans think about WuZun's sequel?

Translated by m1ss @ http://asianfanatics.net/
BIG SPOILER FROM MANGA
In the special ending of the Hana Kimi manga, Sano (Quan) asks Mizuki (Rui Xui) to marry him. :P

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jun 23rd, '07, 02:45

I figured since that since all the fun Hana Kimi action is going on in this thread, I thought I'd see what your opinions were on the casting for the upcoming Japanese production:

Personally, I think the girl's better in the Japanese version (because Maki is a far superior actor), but I'm giving the nod to Wu Zun and Jiro for the guys in the Taiwanese version, because they don't look effeminate.
Last edited by XiaoPauli on Jun 23rd, '07, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

natata

Post by natata » Jun 23rd, '07, 02:58

yay!!!! with the ending for the first one! there HAS to be a second!!! YAH! can't wait!

and fCant wait for the Japanese Hana Kimi too!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 23rd, '07, 03:10

XiaoPauli wrote:I figured since that since all the fun Hana Kimi action is going on in this thread, I thought I'd see what your opinions were on the casting for the upcoming Japanese production:

Personally, I think the girl's better in the Japanese version (because Maki is a far superior actor), but I'm giving the nod to Wu Zun and Jiro for the guys in the Taiwanese version, because they don't look effeminate.

Chun and Jiro not effeminate? :lol That made me laugh so hard. Ok, I'll give you Jiro. He's kind of manly. But Chun looks so girly. Don't get me wrong here, I love them both to bits. But Chun's a total woman. :whistling:

As far as the cast goes.... I think Maki looks the part better and will do a better job with the role. She's good with this sort of role.

I also prefer Shun for Sano. He's good at the cool, silent, and slightly broody roles.

But for the last... I loved Jiro's performance to much I don't think Toma can top him. His freaking out about being "gay" was just so spastic and hilarious.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jun 23rd, '07, 03:21

Okay, I guess I should have said "not as effeminate". :lol I most likely made that comment because I consider Wu Zun more like a robot. And Jiro's spazzing on the gay thing during the series never gets boring. :P

I guess I'm a little disappointed in the upcoming Hana Kimi 2 when the Japanese production casted Maki. Ella just doesn't seem as impressive after seeing Maki in Nobuta Wo Produce... Maybe Ella will surprise us all and have some sort of acting ephiphany? :P

Now a more accurate comparison:

I change my opinion now after seeing them in character. Maki > Ella and Jiro > Toma still, but now I think Shun > Wu Zun.
Last edited by XiaoPauli on Jun 23rd, '07, 12:49, edited 2 times in total.

PanCake

Post by PanCake » Jun 23rd, '07, 06:49

XiaoPauli wrote:I guess I'm a little disappointed in the upcoming Hana Kimi 2 when the Japanese production casted Maki. Ella just doesn't seem as impressive after seeing Maki in Nobuta Wo Produce... Maybe Ella will surprise us all and have some sort of acting ephiphany? :P
I have watched Ella's other dramas and she's actually surprisingly good for a singer turned actress (but still mostly singer). I don't think HK does her acting justice in that people mistaken her exaggeration for bad acting when it probably really is just what the producers wanted. Maki is definitely the better actress of the two by a long shot but Ella was mostly chosen for the role because of her star power. Even so, I don't think that Ella is a bad actress at all. She was nominated for best actress at last year's Golden Bell Awards for a reason.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jun 23rd, '07, 10:53

Oh, I agree. I don't think Ella is a bad actress, and she was impressive in The Rose and decent in Reaching for the Stars. She's just been typecasted in roles that seem one-dimensional, fitting the mold of tomboyish from RFTS and HK. I'm still wondering how much the Japanese production will change my perception though, heh. Hopefully it will simply be a different interpretation great in its own right, instead of a superior one.

And for a singer-turn-actress, Ella was surprisingly good in HK. I no longer doubt her as an actress.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 8th, '07, 16:55

It's confirmed by the producer. There will be NO sequel.
http://big5.chinabroadcast.cn/gate/big5 ... 746871.htm

saby

Post by saby » Sep 8th, '07, 19:59

nooooooooooo I want a sequel...... ohhhh god damn it

why ?? can someone translate what it is said ??

PS: I like taiwanese version more than japanese... The girl in japanese is prettier but no matter how she tries she just doesnt look like a guy....soo it unrealistic too me that they can think she is a he

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Sep 9th, '07, 01:30

yeah i heard the news...

you guys can go to this page to hear the discussion about why there will be no HK2, AF Page, i was tearing up when i read the news, that the intention was for SHE to bring up FLH, something about SHE's contract ending soon and FLH have a longer contract, but since now that theyre popular they dont need HK2 and theyre afraid that HK2 will be a bust..... i doubt it cus now theres so many fans, many people watched it after it aired...

am so dissapointed though... but they could still change their minds!!!

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Sep 9th, '07, 01:33

sorry for the double post...
XiaoPauli wrote:Oh, I agree. I don't think Ella is a bad actress, and she was impressive in The Rose and decent in Reaching for the Stars. She's just been typecasted in roles that seem one-dimensional, fitting the mold of tomboyish from RFTS and HK. I'm still wondering how much the Japanese production will change my perception though, heh. Hopefully it will simply be a different interpretation great in its own right, instead of a superior one.

And for a singer-turn-actress, Ella was surprisingly good in HK. I no longer doubt her as an actress.
i just had to reply... alot of people said that Ella overacted/exaggerated, and others say that Jiro overacted/exaggerated, and others say the supporting cast overacted/exaggerated, maybe its because the director told them all to over-react? i mean it is a Comedy Romance, it is a drama after all not real life... not bashing you, i just wanted to say this out...

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Sep 9th, '07, 01:51

In my opionion, I think Jiro > Toma, but Maki > Ella FOR SURE! I think Ella kills the character, it just doesnt seem real when she acts it out..while Maki makes it more realistic..

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Sep 9th, '07, 02:33

Babyitshind wrote:In my opionion, I think Jiro > Toma, but Maki > Ella FOR SURE! I think Ella kills the character, it just doesnt seem real when she acts it out..while Maki makes it more realistic..
okay.....

youre not in the appropriate thread, this is for [Tw]Hana Kimi 2, that has nothing to do with [Tw]HK2 at all, i think there is already a thread for [Tw]Hana Kimi and [Jp]Hana Kimi, not bashing you cus i like Maki, Shun, Ella, Wu Chun, and Jiro as much as the next guy....

peruviangirl

Post by peruviangirl » Sep 9th, '07, 05:03

I'm really dissapointed that there isnt going to be a sequel!!! I was really hoping for this to happen... :-(

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Sep 9th, '07, 05:20

I read the whole manga about 12-20 times? and as an otaku, the japanese version is certainly the best if you want to compare it with the tw version. No offense yoou ella fans but i think SHE'S A BAD ACTRESS!! F.y.i, her way of being ashiya mizuki is too OUT OF CHARACTER and i despise her so damn much. As for wu zun, he's so OOC too. I mean sano is not him. Obviously though, maki and shun is way cooler than the tw version. I'M HATING THE SEQUEL. gomennasai.

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 9th, '07, 05:50

Superkyle wrote:yeah i heard the news...

you guys can go to this page to hear the discussion about why there will be no HK2, AF Page, i was tearing up when i read the news, that the intention was for SHE to bring up FLH, something about SHE's contract ending soon and FLH have a longer contract, but since now that theyre popular they dont need HK2 and theyre afraid that HK2 will be a bust..... i doubt it cus now theres so many fans, many people watched it after it aired...

I couldn't find anything about it on that link and I can't read the Chinese article, soo.. :/ I'm really upset about that -- When I saw the last ep I totally assumed that they'd gotten high ratings and sometime during filming realized that they could easily do a second season. so they subbed that ending for a "real" ending. I never thought they'd end it like that without having a second season a sure-thing.

I'm confused though -- who wanted to pull out of HK2? Farhenheit because they got popular? I didn't think HK was really primarily a vehicle to build group popularity (maintain it, certainly, but it's not a primary marketing tactic for either SHE or Farhenheit like Reaching for the Stars or KO-One were, and only 3 of 7 members between the two groups are even in HK.) Like, can't the actors just do the series as a side thing? It baffles me that they think it'd flop; the first season did well.

...Well boo. Bad news all around.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Sep 9th, '07, 14:53

foxtoast wrote:
Superkyle wrote:yeah i heard the news...

I couldn't find anything about it on that link and I can't read the Chinese article, soo.. :/ I'm really upset about that -- When I saw the last ep I totally assumed that they'd gotten high ratings and sometime during filming realized that they could easily do a second season. so they subbed that ending for a "real" ending. I never thought they'd end it like that without having a second season a sure-thing.

I'm confused though -- who wanted to pull out of HK2? Farhenheit because they got popular? I didn't think HK was really primarily a vehicle to build group popularity (maintain it, certainly, but it's not a primary marketing tactic for either SHE or Farhenheit like Reaching for the Stars or KO-One were, and only 3 of 7 members between the two groups are even in HK.) Like, can't the actors just do the series as a side thing? It baffles me that they think it'd flop; the first season did well.

...Well boo. Bad news all around.
sorry if the link didnt help.... well my thoughts are the same as yours, i know that Ella and Wu Zun are up for another season, but i guess the producer is afraid that it would flop, i mean Meteor Garden was real good but then Meteor Garden II was a flop [I loved it though!!!!!!], i really want a HK2 and with that ending you can kind of expect a HK2....
The ending sucks, it's supposed to have hk2, i think. If HIM don't care about Ella and FLH, they'll certainly make hk2 and make some easy profit. But HIM face the risk of destroying Ella and FLH if hk2 fail. HIM may not care about Ella ( short contract ), but really care about FLH cos FLH is the future of HIM. But I think FLH is not yet there ( probably never will be there ). That's why HIM face a difficult choice. And don't trust net news 100%, HIM can instantly change the decision. It's business.

( if u are older, u may remember how HZGG 還朱格格2﹐3 destroyed the stars and the producer )
this is a post from AF...

KarmaDarma

Post by KarmaDarma » Sep 9th, '07, 15:49

I dun get it at all.... why cant the actors choose for themselves.... the producer is just the producer rite? soooo can't they just replace him with someone who does wanna do the show???

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 9th, '07, 16:00

Superkyle wrote: sorry if the link didnt help.... well my thoughts are the same as yours, i know that Ella and Wu Zun are up for another season, but i guess the producer is afraid that it would flop, i mean Meteor Garden was real good but then Meteor Garden II was a flop [I loved it though!!!!!!], i really want a HK2 and with that ending you can kind of expect a HK2....
I saw the bit you were talking about after I reloaded the page. I still don't entirely get it... I mean, just because one sequel was bad, that's no reason to assume EVERY sequel will be bad, you know? They're doing ISWAK 2, after all (arguably a bigger risk with bigger stars). And d-wiki says Hanakimi had a nearly 40% average. That's huge. TW doesn't seem to do specials which is too bad. They could at least do a 2hr sidestory/finale which would be gauranteed to do well and fix the unresolved ending. (I really think they'd score high ratings with a half-season, though, and probably even a full-season.) It's like the opposite of America, where they'd look at those numbers and try to milk that cash cow until it ran dry.

Plus I was counting on the sequel to offset how totally-unlike-the-manga I find the JP version :glare:

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Sep 9th, '07, 22:39

I can understand why there is hesitation. HK was such a hit, that there is a greater chance of failure of a sequel.

To be honest, idol dramas are vehicles of increasing the popularity of the actors and profits of talent agencies.

Entertainment business is ever changing and it doesn't take much for stars to fall from the top. I guess SHE has been around for ages, but Wu and Jiro can still be seen as new artists. As a boss of a talent agency you really don't want to do something that would potentially put your investment at risk.

Remember on top of paying Fahrenheit money, HIM also spend money on promoting the boys and they keep spending money on them. Idols are products and investments and property of talent agencies.

I feel that they already took the risk by not dubbing Wu, whose Chinese is obviously not the best.

Anyway, I really wish for a sequel, but I feel a little relieved that there won't be one. Meteor Garden II was such a disaster, and I really don't want the same thing to happen to HK.

talkative_gal92

Post by talkative_gal92 » Sep 9th, '07, 22:54

I think the reason they end the first one like that is so they can make a second one. And I don't know about you, but I AM NOT happy about that ending.

kimster=)

Post by kimster=) » Sep 10th, '07, 11:29

ARGGG!!! i can't believe their not making a second season.. i was on dramawiki looking at wu zuns drama list and didn't see hana kimi 2 so i checked jiros and ellas too and still not there.. uggggh.. such a huge dissapointment. and it wouldn be that much of a dissapointment if they ended it well. cause that has got to be the worse ending i have every seen. i was looking forward to seeing more of wu zuns character..... ohweeeellll :-(

LyNii

Post by LyNii » Sep 10th, '07, 11:37

omg this is soo sad!!
was soo excited for nothing nows! ><

LilyPop!

Post by LilyPop! » Sep 12th, '07, 03:38

ohhh nooo!! :cry:

what a bum!!

zi91

Post by zi91 » Sep 12th, '07, 03:53

The producer said he wanted the fans to leave a good impression of Hana Kimi, and thus the ending was a perfection.

the problem here is... DO YOU REALLY THINK THE ENDING WAS A GOOD ONE???

ANSWER: it WASN'T!

argh. though it's true that many dramas with the second serial were unsuccessful. but there're still good ones! just like HYD2... they are even going to film a HYD movie.

why can't the producer be more optimistic?

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 12th, '07, 23:37

I really hope this isn't cancelled... I've been looking forward to it ever since the start of Hana Kimi... :cry: