14%
Only if you have time (2)
6%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 286

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Feb 28th, '07, 06:18

Just finished the series... loved it, though I wish there was more at the end. It's on the same level as GTO... possibly better, who knows. Very, very good. Anyone know if the manga is worth checking out?

Emielliano

Post by Emielliano » Feb 28th, '07, 18:01

GTO is much better in my opinion. Saw it to... its a nice drama.. still i prefer GTO

gummonster

Post by gummonster » May 4th, '07, 06:13

so who did Yamapi 's character like?Aragaki Yui or Nagasawa Masami?
man i wish it's Aragaki Yui he likes. she's so pretty and beautiful and everything.

T-chan

Post by T-chan » May 4th, '07, 11:10

I loved this drama! Kenji is just funny!! And all the weird stuff he says was amusing to see. I haven't watched GTO, yet I watched Gokusen, and... DZ is muuuuch better! *nod nod* Can't say I watched Gokusen for anything other than the boys.... :P

floydian

Post by floydian » May 4th, '07, 11:37

Just finished watching this and it was a very inspirational and meaningful drama.

Although Sakuragi emphasized on getting into Todai throughout the show, I feel that his real underlying message is to have a goal or direction in life and the determination and focus to work towards it.

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 15th, '08, 11:37

T-chan wrote:I loved this drama! Kenji is just funny!! And all the weird stuff he says was amusing to see. I haven't watched GTO, yet I watched Gokusen, and... DZ is muuuuch better! *nod nod* Can't say I watched Gokusen for anything other than the boys.... :P
Mmm, Gokusen's story is more focused on friendships and character-building among the students. At least, that's what I think after watching Gokusen 2. :-) Btw, your sig is very cool! Pi looks real good with green. :lol No worries, I'm not going to steal it! :thumright:

I'm halfway through DZ, now at episode 8. Wow, I really like the way they convey their emotions in this dorama. I actually cried when...
... Their results for their mock exam were revealed by Sakuragi, and they were all shocked that they got E (less than 5% of entering Todai).
The thing is, I didn't cry just because of moving music or because the character on-screen was crying... I cried because I felt that I could really relate to how the characters felt, from the way they filmed it. I think that's a really strong point of this dorama, the way emphasise things in a different way.

The story of the twin brothers, Ichirou and Jirou was also really good. It made me so frustrated but the ending of it was fulfilling. :D

*clicks back to episode 8...

shorto

Post by shorto » Jan 3rd, '09, 02:29

On the comedy lever how would you rate this from 1 to 10? I'm into really funny doramas like My boss my hero etc...

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jan 3rd, '09, 20:25

shorto wrote:On the comedy lever how would you rate this from 1 to 10? I'm into really funny doramas like My boss my hero etc...
I dunno... I'd say around a seven or an eight or so. It's better than a lot of stuff out there, but it's not quite at the same level of, say, "Trick"--but then again, what is? Yeah... I'd say an eight. A very solid eight.

Also, anoteworthy mention: this post marks the very first time I've used my new iPod touch to post something online. It's surprisingly easy.

shorto

Post by shorto » Jan 3rd, '09, 20:56

tnx for your answer, a solid 8 and Aragaki Yui are definitely enough!

4ddd4

Post by 4ddd4 » Jan 3rd, '09, 22:47

Yep, its good...solid acting from Abe Hiroshi...I give it an 8 too.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jan 4th, '09, 04:03

^--It's a crying shame he isn't doing comedies any more.

IIlulu

Post by IIlulu » Jan 4th, '09, 05:32

This's one of JDramas about school-life I like best ^^

shorto

Post by shorto » Jan 4th, '09, 19:56

***********************This post may contain a spoiler look away :)***************************

If the ending was better I would give this drama a better score on the level from 1-10 but i give it a "shaky" 6 (this grade may have something to do with Aragaki Yui being on the spot for only 10minuts through out the entire show :)) .

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Jan 4th, '09, 20:45

shorto wrote:***********************This post may contain a spoiler look away :)***************************
If the ending was better I would give this drama a better score on the level from 1-10 but i give it a "shaky" 6 (this grade may have something to do with Aragaki Yui being on the spot for only 10minuts through out the entire show :)) .

lol~ how honest~

4ddd4

Post by 4ddd4 » Jan 4th, '09, 21:46

shorto wrote:***********************This post may contain a spoiler look away :)***************************

haha...well, you can check her out at Code Blue which is pretty good...lol

tancho

Post by tancho » Mar 12th, '10, 14:00

thank you i like series very much

Michie_

Re: [Discussion] Dragon Zakura

Post by Michie_ » Aug 29th, '11, 22:36

xiaryx wrote:What do you think of this show? How is it compare to Gokusen, GTO, and Kinpachi Sensei?
GTO and Gokusen are both much, much better.
Abe Hiroshi does a great job like always but somehow i didn't liked his character that much.

But i noticed there's a spin-off of Dragon Zakura (Angel Bank). Is it recommended or not?

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Jan 11th, '13, 23:11

Anyone interesed in Dragon Zakura 720p? :whistling:

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 14:51

Abe Hiroshi was great, as usual. But sometimes, he needs a great supporting cast to make a great series. This was just OK for me.