[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » May 6th, '07, 03:30

fastat3m wrote: wait, they are in junior high? It has to be high school. They are way too big to be belieavable junior high kids.
I am saying with Ken's bad luck, in addition Rei not getting button in high school, she didn't get it in junior high. Even going out on the leap, I am guessing some other girl got it instead Rei in junior high.

dramatiqu3

Post by dramatiqu3 » May 6th, '07, 04:51

daelite wrote:

After watching episode three I got a weird feeling. It might just be me but Mikio...
...seems to be getting in Ken's way a lot, doesn't he? Hisashi does a little bit but it's his usual crazy antics and comments. Mikio almost seemed to have planned intervention from the start of the episode (at the waterfountain) until the end (Playing a suspiciously fast jan-ken-pon to get himself lifted up in the final photo). Maybe I'm reading too much but perhaps Mikio likes Rei too..? He's often close to her and his actions in this episode seemed to block Ken at every chance :X
Hmm..I considered that for a while as well! The part where Mikio reserved a seat for Ken during the classroom rearrangement seemed a bit strange to me (but at the time, I just figured it was an excuse for Ken to have another screw-up with Rei) :lol

]Its an interesting thought. Although, early in the episode, Mikio mentioned that he had a girlfriend(?) And also, he left Ken and Rei to talk alone together on several occasions,which leaves me questioning whether he actually does like Rei as welll.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if the plot did happen to take a turn like that. But maybe I'm just biased after seeing 'Tatta Hitotsu no Koi' XD

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 6th, '07, 05:54

Lay wrote:His friend hpw screams Kenn Come baack is..Tsuru? Something like that no?
I liked the scene when Ken , Mikio and Tsuru were trying to catch the little pupet and then it's a little boy how has this puppet.

Mikio... He played in Tatta Hitotsu No Koi no?
Yes he was! <3 Hiraoka Yuta~ :wub:

I actually want him to pair up with Eri (Nana Eikurara) actually. Though I haven't seen episode 2 or 3 yet, so maybe I should stfu, buuuut he and Eikurara have already worked together in so many other projects (Kikenna Aneki, I'm In Love with My Younger Sister etc). XD

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 6th, '07, 07:32

Neptune222 wrote:
Thanks lunargen, but for some reason the download isn't working..... :-(
all three of them? cause there's the DA attachment, the MU link and the MF link....

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 6th, '07, 07:47

dramatiqu3 wrote:
daelite wrote:After watching episode three I got a weird feeling. It might just be me but Mikio...
...seems to be getting in Ken's way a lot, doesn't he? Hisashi does a little bit but it's his usual crazy antics and comments. Mikio almost seemed to have planned intervention from the start of the episode (at the waterfountain) until the end (Playing a suspiciously fast jan-ken-pon to get himself lifted up in the final photo). Maybe I'm reading too much but perhaps Mikio likes Rei too..? He's often close to her and his actions in this episode seemed to block Ken at every chance :X
Hmm..I considered that for a while as well! The part where Mikio reserved a seat for Ken during the classroom rearrangement seemed a bit strange to me (but at the time, I just figured it was an excuse for Ken to have another screw-up with Rei) :lol

]Its an interesting thought. Although, early in the episode, Mikio mentioned that he had a girlfriend(?) And also, he left Ken and Rei to talk alone together on several occasions,which leaves me questioning whether he actually does like Rei as welll.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if the plot did happen to take a turn like that. But maybe I'm just biased after seeing 'Tatta Hitotsu no Koi' XD
Yeah... I've been thinking that too. I don't want that to happen because I'm still sticking to my Eri + Mikio shipping, but...
did you guys see that glance Mikio gave between Rei and Ken during the seating arrangement thing? Maybe it's just me, but there's definitely something underneath that. :P
What do you guys think? :P I think there should be more discussion about this Mikio theory. XD

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 6th, '07, 08:05

hmmm on the mikio theory:
i think it was more a look of understanding as to why Ken decided to go back to his old seat. but then that reasoning would totally put the mikio theory out of the running ehehehe. so idrk. :D

Neptune222

Post by Neptune222 » May 6th, '07, 14:14

lunargen wrote:
Neptune222 wrote:
all three of them? cause there's the DA attachment, the MU link and the MF link....
I've tried downloading all 3 links and all it does is download really fast to my desktop as a blank icon (meaning it has no picture to show what it can be opened as). When I try to open it with my torrent, uTorrent, it says it can't be opened because it's an invalid torrent file.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 6th, '07, 14:33

mikio theory...
i don't know if he likes rei or if he likes ken?!...:blink
i know that's a little bit far fetched but he doesn't seem very interested in any girls at all.
compared to ken's feelings/expressions toward rei and tsuru's feelings/expressions toward eri, his it seems very vague :scratch:
i don't even remember a mention of his girlfriend (must have missed that somehow) and i don't think he had any interactions with girls besides eri and rei so far.
although i like him as a character, his actions are not helping ken in anyway. i hope his intentions are clearer in episode 4 :thumright:
like i said, it's out there... don't be offended :lol my world is strange

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » May 6th, '07, 14:34

Mikio and Rei..? Now that you guys pointed it out I can see a lot of things that would suggest that. But the question I want to know is if Mikio really liked Rei back then, what does he think now that she is married? Is he regretting now saying anything before like how Ken is? But I think he knows how much Ken likes Rei and even if he likes Rei maybe it doesn't want it to break his friendship with Ken. But then this drama would be to boring without Ken having many rivals over Rei. Ken is just to prideful. As I watch this I think "if he would have done this at that moment then he could have chaged the future." But, his pride is blinding.

Missaness

Post by Missaness » May 6th, '07, 15:16

Neptune222 wrote:
lunargen wrote:
Neptune222 wrote:
I've tried downloading all 3 links and all it does is download really fast to my desktop as a blank icon (meaning it has no picture to show what it can be opened as). When I try to open it with my torrent, uTorrent, it says it can't be opened because it's an invalid torrent file.

Thanks.
You know, the .srt wouldn't work for me either. I ended up having to change the file type to a .ssa in my subtitle workshop to get it to play. Once I did that it worked fine.

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » May 6th, '07, 15:47

Neptune222 wrote: I've tried downloading all 3 links and all it does is download really fast to my desktop as a blank icon (meaning it has no picture to show what it can be opened as). When I try to open it with my torrent, uTorrent, it says it can't be opened because it's an invalid torrent file.

Thanks.
okay, I think I know what's your problem.
The one you're downloading is NOT a torrent file. It's the softsub.
You have to have the video file (download from d-addicts torrent section or direct download links in LJs) and then, if you play the video file, you'd see the sub. That's an srt file Lunargen made, you're downloading.

The srt works fine with me, I played it with VLC and GOMplayer (with gom the font is better). I don't have to change it to ssa file.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 6th, '07, 19:14

I don't think I've seen anything that unequivocally suggests that Mikio likes Rei. But it does seem to me that Ken's friends are not helping him look good with Rei. One of the things that turns her off about him is that he's "slow," as in always the butt of his friends' jokes and pranks. Before the series is over, I think Ken is going to have to pay his friends back with a few tricks of his own.

Neptune222

Post by Neptune222 » May 6th, '07, 21:47

non-angelical wrote:
Neptune222 wrote: I've tried downloading all 3 links and all it does is download really fast to my desktop as a blank icon (meaning it has no picture to show what it can be opened as). When I try to open it with my torrent, uTorrent, it says it can't be opened because it's an invalid torrent file.

Thanks.
okay, I think I know what's your problem.
The one you're downloading is NOT a torrent file. It's the softsub.
You have to have the video file (download from d-addicts torrent section or direct download links in LJs) and then, if you play the video file, you'd see the sub. That's an srt file Lunargen made, you're downloading.

The srt works fine with me, I played it with VLC and GOMplayer (with gom the font is better). I don't have to change it to ssa file.

Thank you SOOOO much. I didn't realize I needed the raw torrent. I'm still new to this torrent / sub thing. GOMplayer worked great for me.

Thanks again.

Thekitten

Post by Thekitten » May 6th, '07, 22:17

new here ... there goes my Mikio theory:
mmmm I don't think Mikio likes Rei, but that he knows that Ken likes her... But at the same time, you tend to think that he's getting in the way ALL ALONG!
at the end of the 3rd ep. he's just like ... why would ken give the flowers? ok, you do it Rei... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

and also, if he felt something for Rei, I think that at the wedding, he'll remember it as a king of ''High School'' look... :scratch: u know what i mean? :scratch:

the Mikio - Ken tteory it's quite xtrange xD but would be a really good option...
and now some other possibilities about the main plot:
what if because of changing the past some of the 5 main characters died? imagine suddenly Mikio or Eri die because of something Ken screwed up... would he be able to go back again to the same photo so it doesn't happen?

ok, i know the fairy said that u can only go once to the same photo, but if the next one the person who hypotetically dies doesn't appear? T_T

hehe ^_^that's all... i think!

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 7th, '07, 01:51

Thekitten wrote:
what if because of changing the past some of the 5 main characters died? imagine suddenly Mikio or Eri die because of something Ken screwed up... would he be able to go back again to the same photo so it doesn't happen?

ok, i know the fairy said that u can only go once to the same photo, but if the next one the person who hypotetically dies doesn't appear? T_T
I personally don't think that's possible. This is too much of a happy drama for something like that to happen.

Hmmm. Interesting feedback on the Mikio theory. I'm still sticking to my Mikio + Eri theory, even though as eUxaZnxRo pointed out, it doesn't look like he's too interested into either Rei or Eri.

LOL. I just realized that if you move the letters around of "Rei", you get "Eri". LOLOL.

belleza

Post by belleza » May 7th, '07, 08:18

My body is great
YOUR BODY IS GREAT!
My body is gorgeous.
YOUR BODY IS GORGEOUS!
My voice is sexy.
YOUR VOICE IS SEXY!!

Belleza finds the Japanese school system most appalling. APPALLING!! :D

Thoughts on Epi 3 . . .
Actually I'm starting to see why Rei and Tada feel in love. I felt *it* between the two characters. Tada was awkward and semi-lost in his mathematical world (still an endearing point apparently by the newlywed Rei), and in that sense, he may be not so different than Ken. Tada apparently had a name given to him by a childhood friend as well, and so perhaps there is something cyclical about Ken and Tada's friendship.

But, something else here I was picking up . . . Rei and Ken, old Ken or new Ken, can't help but fight. That seems to be their nature. It wasn't that he was slobbering all over "My eyes are big and cute" Cameron; he just doesn't pick up Rei's sensitivity. She was waiting for him to grow up, but even grown up Ken can't put aside his pride to realize how she felt about this.

But Tada does. Tada, ever lose in his little world, seemed sincere enough to want to connect with his classmates. He didn't know then how, no more than Rei did when she was introduced to her class. Rei's words particularly moved Tada, and in some subconscious degree, she picked up on his gratitude/attention, the way he looked at only her, and kinda deflected.

That isn't to say that Ken and Rei are not the more "compatible" (well hey when your names add up to 97%, that's the Angel telling you what's up yo) . . . but if Ken actually watched how Tada interacts with Rei, maybe he'd realize what he did wrong. He still has all the time in the world, but maybe he has to be a witness to their relationship in order to let go.

Naohito Fujiki is wonderful. Sigh If Fujiki flips on his gentle, passionate, sincere "1 Litre of Tears" full tilt, really YamaP has no shot in hell. No shot. ;)

Really happy with this cast. I kinda wish Hiraoka Yuuta, playing Mikio, gets a lead role in a romantic drama. He's subtle and seems kinda grooved into playing parts where he's the hapless boyfriend or the guy secretly in love with the main character. I think Mikio's in love with Eri, though. Remember that he also sabatoged his buddy's shot at sitting next to Eri, and he seems more concerned with that person's flip-flopping between Eri and Cameron. It would be interesting if Mikio was in love with Rei too -- it just doesn't seem like that, though.

Kudos to Ken for not really changing history this time, and doing the right thing. Ken can't be but who he is, and at least he is a good guy. Did it ever really get resolved why he was tearing up, though? I do think he's made it really hard on himself . . . at any point in that episode, he could have confessed to Rei. It looked like that, in doing the "only an adult would do that" thing and ignoring the teacher eye candy, he was going to make the change and tell Rei. I'm not sure what he is waiting for. It still looks like he had plenty of time, and it's rather like Fate was telling him "yo Ken, you've met your future rival. scared straight now huh Ken? now hurry up and tell Rei already, mm kay?"

Did anybody notice current Rei tearing up (nice acting but by Masami too) in the next photo? That seems like an especially painful memory for her. Maybe Ken can make real progress there.
This soundtrack is absolutely lurvely. It's

BTW, anybody still having issues with subs, ProDai 3 is over at crunchyroll too.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 7th, '07, 15:10

Thekitten wrote:and now some other possibilities about the main plot:

Well, the easiest way to make sure that Tada does not marry Rei is to kill him :evil:. But we all know that Ken is too nice to do that :)
belleza wrote:My body is great
YOUR BODY IS GREAT!
My body is gorgeous.
YOUR BODY IS GORGEOUS!
My voice is sexy.
YOUR VOICE IS SEXY!!

Cameron FTW!!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 7th, '07, 19:45

auroragb wrote:
Thekitten wrote:[/spoiler]
YOUR BODY IS GREAT!
My body is gorgeous.
YOUR BODY IS GORGEOUS!
My voice is sexy.
YOUR VOICE IS SEXY!!

Cameron FTW!!
I thought Cameron was hysterical. But listening to that scene, I don't hear anyone saying "gorgeous". It sounds more like,

"My body is grab*ss." :blink

That pretty much makes it worse though. Of course, this English is still much better than some I've heard in highschool dramas. I think Gokusen had one scene where I couldn't make out a single word the English teacher said.
I wonder if Tada-sensei's childhood friend will ever come into the equation further.

As far as Mikio goes, I'm getting a bit more of a sense that he's got a thing for Ken than one for Rei. But I'm game for any developments the writers want to surprise us with. LOL

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 7th, '07, 20:39

^
Me too!
I was rewatching the episode and I realised that well his childhood friend had a nickname for him, which nobody else used. Kind of like Ken and Rei, huh? Since Rei is the only one who calls Ken "Kenzo"...

Maybe Tada-san was also in the same kind of situation as Ken once...
But then again maybe I'm thinking too much...

I'm dying for Chinese subbed Episode 4!

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » May 7th, '07, 20:57

I also love Mikio and Fujiki Naohito. I remember Mikio from "Ima, ai ni yukimasu," which is one of my favorite movies. :3 I do hope he gets a main role soon, also.

Anyway, I really love how the story is so bittersweet. I think Hikki's "Flavor of Life" suits this drama although I still love its current theme song; The instrumental version is really pretty.

This is really turning into one of my favorites. I've fallen in love with all the characters, but I get the feeling that this won't have a happy ending. I hope I'm wrong, though.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 7th, '07, 21:54

kilaalaa wrote:^
Me too!
I was rewatching the episode and I realised that well his childhood friend had a nickname for him, which nobody else used. Kind of like Ken and Rei, huh? Since Rei is the only one who calls Ken "Kenzo"...

Maybe Tada-san was also in the same kind of situation as Ken once...
But then again maybe I'm thinking too much...

I'm dying for Chinese subbed Episode 4!
Interesting tho, how they never revealed Tada's secret nickname. Could it be... Ta Daa!! ;)

belleza

Post by belleza » May 7th, '07, 23:46

BTW, did anybody learn why . . .
Ken was weepy in the original picture? Was it REALLY because he got rejected by the English ho?
I also love Mikio and Fujiki Naohito. I remember Mikio from "Ima, ai ni yukimasu," which is one of my favorite movies. :3 I do hope he gets a main role soon, also.
Naohito's been around forever, and he actually starred in something last year called Gal Circle. Ugh. That show looks kinda . . . ick. :( But he was wonderful in 1 Litre. Dreamy. ;)

@ryoko11:
<<I>>

If Ken truly wants to tap into Ultimate Nobuta Power, it must go there. It MUST. I GUARANTEE a 20+ rating for the show if we get a Ken + Mikio beach scene. A 25+ if Mikio starts calling him KenP ;)
@kilaalaa:
Actually it would be kinda cool if Tada's childhood friend did show up. And it would be even cooler if that friend was . . . Cameron!!!

My body is great
YOUR BODY IS GREAT!
My body is gorgeous.
YOUR BODY IS GORGEOUS!
My voice is sexy.
YOUR VOICE IS SEXY!!

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 8th, '07, 02:03

Ep 4 made me jump! argh! Ken almost almost said the magic words! pif!

Am I the only one who thinks that Rei (Nagasawa Masami) is gorgeous. Also I dearly love her facial expressions. It is made of pure win! :D

Well now that they ended Highschool, it'll be interesting how Ken interacts with Tada-san since Tada will be Ken's teacher in university.

:D

Side note: Cameron's 2nd line to be dicatated by the class is actually "My body is glamorous."

x_sushi_o

Post by x_sushi_o » May 8th, '07, 02:22

tritochjay wrote:Ep 4 made me jump! argh! Ken almost almost said the magic words! pif!

Am I the only one who thinks that Rei (Nagasawa Masami) is gorgeous. Also I dearly love her facial expressions. It is made of pure win! :D

Well now that they ended Highschool, it'll be interesting how Ken interacts with Tada-san since Tada will be Ken's teacher in university.

:D

Side note: Cameron's 2nd line to be dicatated by the class is actually "My body is glamorous."
wait-episode 4 is out?! awww, i just saw ep3 yesterday. i guess im behind =( and i also think shes really pretty, she looks cute with short hair ^^

wowow, you memorized cameron's slave-chant? lol =P

belleza

Post by belleza » May 8th, '07, 03:18

wowow, you memorized cameron's slave-chant? lol =P
My eyes are big and cute! YOUR EYES ARE BIG AND CUTE!! Uhm, what's that again? :D
Am I the only one who thinks that Rei (Nagasawa Masami) is gorgeous. Also I dearly love her facial expressions. It is made of pure win
Let's put it this way -- *she* is to Japan what Cameron is to those boys. Masami is arguably the top idol actress in Japan, the Princess of Junai movies, definitely the hottest CM property right now, and she's already won two Japanese Academy awards. She does for Japanese boys 15-30 what Yamapi does for D-addicts. :D

lailoken

Post by lailoken » May 8th, '07, 03:32

Iunno why but I like Erika Sawajiri a little more than Masami ^^

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 8th, '07, 03:49

belleza wrote:
Really happy with this cast. I kinda wish Hiraoka Yuuta, playing Mikio, gets a lead role in a romantic drama. He's subtle and seems kinda grooved into playing parts where he's the hapless boyfriend or the guy secretly in love with the main character. I think Mikio's in love with Eri, though. Remember that he also sabatoged his buddy's shot at sitting next to Eri, and he seems more concerned with that person's flip-flopping between Eri and Cameron. It would be interesting if Mikio was in love with Rei too -- it just doesn't seem like that, though.
HEAR HEAR. Though I kinda think that's weak evidence that Mikio likes Eri. Admittedly, his character has been generally quite passive so far, to both Eri and Rei.

Sadly. :( Hiraoka Yuuta definitely needs slightly more extreme characters to act. :P

And admittedly too, I quite like Masami's acting in this drama. Erika still pwns all though.

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 8th, '07, 03:57

Err.. All those Mikio x Eri stuff can go down the flush since we saw err Mikio's older lady friend in ep.4 :D

And, no I didn't memorize the slave chant. It was just bugging me that no one corrected it :D

Hope you guys figured the eraser part cause it was darn funny.. and ironic, it was Tada-san that hinted that kenzou might just be a mistake.. :D as result: Rei embarassed for it :D haha

Gosh i wish my childhood/youth was like ken's :D

Oh yeah.. Rei gets a hair makeover for ep5 and I think it is KILLER! can't wait till next week.

another big note:

Kill Bill was released in 2003 right. And yet, they graduated from highschool in 2002 >,>
Last edited by tritochjay on May 8th, '07, 04:22, edited 2 times in total.

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » May 8th, '07, 03:58

belleza wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that Rei (Nagasawa Masami) is gorgeous. Also I dearly love her facial expressions. It is made of pure win
Let's put it this way -- *she* is to Japan what Cameron is to those boys. Masami is arguably the top idol actress in Japan, the Princess of Junai movies, definitely the hottest CM property right now, and she's already won two Japanese Academy awards. She does for Japanese boys 15-30 what Yamapi does for D-addicts. :D

That's what I've been reading about Masami-chan, but I'm quit surprised cuz she's not the typical pretty or hot girl like Erika or Ayase. Anyways, she's really growing on me as an actress. Her acting is subtle, but makes you notice her, which is brilliant for such a young actress :cheers: .

I'm dying to watch Ep. 4, but I must study first :-( . I hope someone will post summaries or reviews for those who can't understand japanese, like me :P .

Btw, does anyone know what the raiting was? I hope it went up. It's definitely getting better.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 8th, '07, 04:57

Episode 4 scored a 16.4 rating. I'm not sure if that's the nationwide average or just the Kanto region, but it compares directly with the figure we have for last week.

ieca

Post by ieca » May 8th, '07, 05:19

hi anyone. i looking for a livejournal that called nariskun or something. plzz anyone?

belleza

Post by belleza » May 8th, '07, 05:50

Episode 4 scored a 16.4 rating. I'm not sure if that's the nationwide average or just the Kanto region, but it compares directly with the figure we have for last week.
Definitely Kantou. I just verified against jdorama.com. That's a pretty solid rating, 2 points above Joudan. Wow, Seito's doing . . . wow. Poor Maki. :(
That's what I've been reading about Masami-chan, but I'm quit surprised cuz she's not the typical pretty or hot girl like Erika or Ayase.
Masami's popularity exploded from Sekachu. It's easy to look at that movie retrospectively and compare it with Ayase's performance in the TV series and then Erika's performance as Aya in 1 Litre. But, the movie was what came first, and it just exploded in Japan and became the focal point of junai. Masami was only 16 -- almost the same age as Aki Hirose -- when that film was released, and so her idol image is that of Aki Hirose. And, so, Masami became the junai girl. I remember watching it -- not a great film -- and thinking "God, how can anybody that young be that good?"

Masami gets compared to Matsuhima Nanako, because she has that idol-perfect smile and gravuresque allure, but she is also considered truly talented among her current generation. She's becoming the actress counterpart to Takayuki Yamada in terms of her acting style -- subtle, nuanced, duplicitious, frustrated, etc. Of course, Masami lovers are happy that she'll finally play opposite Yamada in a ProDai-ish movie later this year. Movie Aki and the TV Saku finally together! ;)

Yeah, you gotta understand -- when ProDai was mentioned, a lot of the Japanese domestic following grumbled about Yamapi not really being at Masami's level in terms of accomplishment. But ya gotta consider the conext. Only two months after Sekachu, and still before Nobuta Produce, she and Yamapi were cast as the lead teenagers in Dragon Zakura in a childhood friend/romantic triangle. That was the first time Yamapi played opposite a female actress as teenagers who may or may not be in love. It's fitting, then, that the first time Yamapi plays a true romantic role in a junai show is against the queen of Junai, and the first actress that he costarred.

The only true "rival" to Masami really is Sawajiri (something that's occasionally brought up in press, apparently.) And that is because they've have similar career paths in the last 2 years, yet you couldn't find two more opposite personas or acting styles.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 8th, '07, 07:32

She's a smidgen taller than Yamada. As talented as he may be, you just can't act height. They'll be digging trenches aplenty for Masami to walk in, or Yamada gets an extra helping of vibram in his kicks. Or they can be upfront about it and have her tower over him onscreen just as she does in reality. In the end, none of those methods could really avoid the inevitable clash with precious notions about how heros and heroines are supposed to physically match up.

Say what they will about pairing Masami and Yamapi, but visually at least, it works. As a result, the performers and the audience don't have to work as hard to make the story believable.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 8th, '07, 08:21

@ Belleza
HAHAHAHAHA It would be funny if Cameron was his childhood friend...But didn't she kind of criticised Tada-san for his teaching? HAHA

Cameron doesn't seem to be Tada's childhood friend, but I want her to be. HAHAHAHA

My fashion is elegant!
YOUR FASHION IS ELEGANT!
@tritochjay

I love how you called it the slave chant. HAHA I especially loved how Eri's slave was shouting over everyone else in YOUR BODY IS GLAMOUROUS!

belleza

Post by belleza » May 8th, '07, 09:30

She's a smidgen taller than Yamada. As talented as he may be, you just can't act height.
4"8 Hisashi laughs, LAUGHS at your "shorter guys finish virgins" assertion good sir. He bets all 3"6 of his build that this 2"3 raggamufin shall win over the taller, more popular, and more taller Eri, and that, in the movie, 5"6 (haha! hell no!) Yamada shall stand toe to toe with Ms. Big Cheeks. Or else their movie is gonna bomb like another Aya Ueto show! rim shot!

If you watch Touch, there's this scene where she's doing rhythm gymnastics and seriously it looked like a giant woman with spider arms would swat away all the little Japanese girls into the sky. And apparently, when she gains weight, all of it goes to her bust line and her cheeks. Wow, cheek cleavage. Yeah, Masami's special. :D

@kilaalaa
<< But didn't she kind of criticised Tada-san for his teaching? HAHA >>

I'll be honest; I don't know if Tada-san really liked girls at all until he met Rei. He didn't even bat one eye at Cameron. Ahh, he's as pure as a tangential asymptote! Sigh Seriously I would picked Mr. Beautiful Mind over Johnny Boy. Esp. if he dons his one goatee of tears. :D )
I am so pretty! YOU ARE SO PRETTY!!

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » May 8th, '07, 12:30

Or else their movie is gonna bomb like another Aya Ueto show! rim shot!
LMAO....

Well about the Masami x Yamapi pairing....Her level is above his, no doubt, but i'll judge his acting seriously once I see the climax. The thing about drama's and actors is that when it gets to the climax you can tell how much of a good actor they are or if they suck. When it comes to Pi drama's, he does fair but most of the time he doesn't do so well during the climax of the drama. That's my opinion. but maybe working with such talents Actors like Masami and Mr. 1LoT well help him out.

Eri's little slave is what makes this drama funny to me. If he's wasn't there, I would get bored really really really quickly.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 8th, '07, 19:30

belleza wrote: If you watch Touch, there's this scene where she's doing rhythm gymnastics and seriously it looked like a giant woman with spider arms would swat away all the little Japanese girls into the sky. And apparently, when she gains weight, all of it goes to her bust line and her cheeks. Wow, cheek cleavage. Yeah, Masami's special. :D
You don't have to look so far away. In prodai itself, Eri and Rei in those short fuku skirts and loose socks are so ridiculously leggy and stacked they make the normally proportioned schoolgirls in the background look like orcs. Together they remind me of the art in Tenjou Tenge. Masami in a seifuku and loose socks is almost a caricature - nay a "reimagination" of a koukousei by a hentai manga-ka.

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 8th, '07, 19:32

Does it really bother people when the girls are tall!? O,o I haven't noticed anything different at all

belleza

Post by belleza » May 8th, '07, 20:35

Together they remind me of the art in Tenjou Tenge. Masami in a seifuku and loose socks is almost a caricature - nay a "reimagination" of a koukousei by a hentai manga-ka.
Wow, I didn't see that at all. Now I'm trying to block it out of my mind! ;)
Does it really bother people when the girls are tall!?
If ProDai were a K-drama, stuff like this wouldn't register at all, since most Korean actors hover near 5"10 and most lead actresses start at about 5"5. Whereas what hits you when you meet Japanese artists/stars is that they're much shorter than they look on TV. And I mean they look tiny (and yikes pale) compared to other Asians. So say you have an actress who's 5"6+ or an actor who's 5"10+ legit in a J-drama, they look absolutely gigantic on TV. It's an anomaly.

In any case, among all Asian countries, height is considered an important part of overall attractiveness (more than being busty or well-built.) My Korean friends don't think that Song Hye Kyo is that beautiful because there she's considered a little short and stocky. Of course, they think Rain is "handsome" (haha. no.), but that's another rant. In Japan, stars like Masami and Haruka Ayase, both who list around 5"7, really stand out. Oh and Masami's hair. I love her hair!!! :D

I guess for me, there's a switch I mentally flip between Japanese and Korean dramas. Some of it is superficial, like the height thing. That's what I love about these Japanese/Korean mashups. Putting Kimura Takuya and Lee Byung Hun in the same movie? Too sexy!! Too sexy!! :D

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 9th, '07, 01:33

Has anybody else seen Episode 4 already?

I don't want to get ahead of the discussion but... what he did there couldn't possibly be considered "minor" anymore could it? That had to have a bigger impact than they're letting on. Ladies, can you actually look at a guy the same way after something like that?

daelite

Post by daelite » May 9th, '07, 01:57

joeboygo wrote:Has anybody else seen Episode 4 already?

I don't want to get ahead of the discussion but... what he did there couldn't possibly be considered "minor" anymore could it? That had to have a bigger impact than they're letting on. Ladies, can you actually look at a guy the same way after something like that?
I think it depends... though he didn't actually SAY he liked her she definitely should have gotten the message. However, knowing those two... even when something seems obvious they may not realize it.

Plus although you in theory only give your second button to someone you love, we saw how easily Ken gave it to some random girl in the past. He also never explained what happened to his school uniform button to Rei (a BIG mistake if you ask me) so she still thinks there was another girl.

Imagining myself in her position I'd be torn. Everything would point to him having a liking me more than a friend... but he gave his other button to another girl, right? She might worry, or see it as, just a kind thought from an old friend.

That's my two cents anyway :unsure:

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 9th, '07, 02:51

Err... Didn't Rei tried to cover it up when Tada was asking about the missing button near the end of ep 4? Maybe there's more to it but wasn't revealed in ep 4. Maybe epi 5 will :D

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 9th, '07, 03:18

joeboygo wrote:That had to have a bigger impact than they're letting on. Ladies, can you actually look at a guy the same way after something like that?
i believe the answer lies in rei's last glance at ken. normally, rei will smile, or mock him even. this time, her expression spoke of an emotion she knew she should not reveal to others, being that she is married to another man, not to ken who evoked in her that emotion.

and speaking from a girl's perspective, one would have to be utterly dense for you not to get that the button was a declaration of love!

well, in their case, something else apparently transpires after the button giving, cause Rei's still married to Tada. :whistling:

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 9th, '07, 07:20

lunargen, I love what you have just said.
noticing the way she looked at him, I didn't realise what it meant until I read your post. Of course now I see the difference, you are totally right.

I think things still haven't changed because of that key scene Ken keeps flashing back to where Rei tells him he doesn't understand. There is something there that he hasn't got about her yet, and I think perhaps when we get to this point, it is key point that could change things. Just my thoughts.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » May 9th, '07, 10:54

My Ep 4 is inching along so slowwwww.

*Wan't to eagerly join in on the conversation of ep 4 badly*

Sadly , no one is doing soft subbing for my roomates so I can't download anything until the hardsubs comes out. >.>

daelite

Post by daelite » May 9th, '07, 15:46

ieca wrote:hi anyone. i looking for a livejournal that called nariskun or something. plzz anyone?
http://narishun-kun.livejournal.com/
If you take things from her uploads leave a thank you comment :)
She has the first episode of ProDai up and will probably get more later (Finals time now... :pale: )

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 9th, '07, 15:52

joeboygo wrote:Has anybody else seen Episode 4 already?

Loved it! This series just keeps getting better and better.
I also have to agree that the type of look she gave Ken after that really stood out as having far more intense feelings for him!

I loved how Ken hit that homerun and thanked Rei so sincerely, and then there's the clink of the button. It was really sweet. The scene was very well done, and I was so happy looking forward to the next picture with the baseball uniforms showing Ken's new missing button. The attempted confession was just the icing on the cake for me.

It seems Mikio and Tsuru are just taking turns being the one to get in the way. If Tsuru wasn't so adorable with his giant written confession and his Lupin hommage, I'd have been ready to strangle him. LOL God, I'm gonna be humming the Lupin theme for days!

I also really enjoyed Tada's visit to the school, and the way Rei and their friends left the time capsule later. It was quite interesting to see what they left in it too. I particularly liked Rei's charm from the ballgame, and Tsuru's picture with Eri.

It was cool to finally see Mikio's lady friend, and I'm looking forward to her again in the next episode. I'm dying for episode 5 already, so please excuse me for a moment while I ramble about the preview!

That's just a whole lotta kissin' goin' on! LMAO The slap picture is pretty funny, and it should be interesting to see what happens with Rei's first kiss. The Ken/Tsuru "kiss" had me laughing so hard it hurt. Had to back that one up three times to make sure my eyes were seeing what I thought they were seeing. :cheers:

And I'm completely hooked on Kuwata Keisuke's PV for Ashita Hareru Kana. Okay, I'm a huge fan of his anyhow, but that song is really a great match for this series.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 9th, '07, 16:40

About Episode 4:
Its true, after what Ken did, I think you would have to be absolutely dumb to not know his feelings...

But that aside, I was kind of happy at what the Yosei said to Ken. Okay according to Chinese subs, the Yosei said something like if Ken doesn't do enough (quantity-wise) to touch Rei, then her feelings for him won't change either... (This was a very bad translation of the Chinese subs, I apologise...)

Anyway, I'm just happy because its kind of like a hint that if Ken continues to do more of such stuff to touch Rei, then he could change the future...

Gah another torturous wait for Episode 5... -____-

kirameki

Post by kirameki » May 9th, '07, 20:37

YOUR BODY IS GREAT!
My body is gorgeous.
YOUR BODY IS GORGEOUS!
My voice is sexy.
YOUR VOICE IS SEXY!!

Thoughts on Epi 3 . . .
Actually I'm starting to see why Rei and Tada feel in love. I felt *it* between the two characters. Tada was awkward and semi-lost in his mathematical world (still an endearing point apparently by the newlywed Rei), and in that sense, he may be not so different than Ken. Tada apparently had a name given to him by a childhood friend as well, and so perhaps there is something cyclical about Ken and Tada's friendship.

But, something else here I was picking up . . . Rei and Ken, old Ken or new Ken, can't help but fight. That seems to be their nature. It wasn't that he was slobbering all over "My eyes are big and cute" Cameron; he just doesn't pick up Rei's sensitivity. She was waiting for him to grow up, but even grown up Ken can't put aside his pride to realize how she felt about this.

But Tada does. Tada, ever lose in his little world, seemed sincere enough to want to connect with his classmates. He didn't know then how, no more than Rei did when she was introduced to her class. Rei's words particularly moved Tada, and in some subconscious degree, she picked up on his gratitude/attention, the way he looked at only her, and kinda deflected.

That isn't to say that Ken and Rei are not the more "compatible" (well hey when your names add up to 97%, that's the Angel telling you what's up yo) . . . but if Ken actually watched how Tada interacts with Rei, maybe he'd realize what he did wrong. He still has all the time in the world, but maybe he has to be a witness to their relationship in order to let go.

Naohito Fujiki is wonderful. Sigh If Fujiki flips on his gentle, passionate, sincere "1 Litre of Tears" full tilt, really YamaP has no shot in hell. No shot. ;)

Kudos to Ken for not really changing history this time, and doing the right thing. Ken can't be but who he is, and at least he is a good guy. Did it ever really get resolved why he was tearing up, though? I do think he's made it really hard on himself . . . at any point in that episode, he could have confessed to Rei. It looked like that, in doing the "only an adult would do that" thing and ignoring the teacher eye candy, he was going to make the change and tell Rei. I'm not sure what he is waiting for. It still looks like he had plenty of time, and it's rather like Fate was telling him "yo Ken, you've met your future rival. scared straight now huh Ken? now hurry up and tell Rei already, mm kay?"

Did anybody notice current Rei tearing up (nice acting but by Masami too) in the next photo? That seems like an especially painful memory for her. Maybe Ken can make real progress there.
This soundtrack is absolutely lurvely. It's

BTW, anybody still having issues with subs, ProDai 3 is over at crunchyroll too.
I feel the exact same way you do! Much as I love Yamapi, I find myself thinking if Ken and Rei end up together in the end it just wouldn't feel right (at the moment). The newly weds seem genuinely happy with each other, only Ken seems to really be feeling the regrets. I am starting to be more open to his character, but the two of them, even back then just kept missing each others signals. Unless some major things happen to convince me otherwise, I don't know if I'd be as satisfied with Ken getting the girl. I'd much prefer a Ken doesn't get her in the end, because he finally realises that much as they loved each other, they weren't compatible, and is able to be happy for the happiness she's found. Otherwise it would feel way too much like a cliched cheat fate scenario. Plus, I'm kind of feeling the series drag during the flashbacks. I'm just not getting enough to keep me interetested. I'm watching more for the eye candy, at this point. It's getting better, but I still don't know how I feel about it. I can't imagine a whole nother 8 episodes consisting solely of these flashbacks.

It's entertaining, but that's about it.

Heh, maybe he was crying because Cameron turned him down? :D
@ ryoko11
Dude, if it did go that direction, I think I'd be twice as interested in the show as I am now. I can't believe I didn't notice that sooner though. I guess I was distracted by the blindingly obviously in love with Rei Ken to pick up on any subtext with Mikio. Now that you mention it though... :P
Last edited by kirameki on May 9th, '07, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Moondy

Post by Moondy » May 9th, '07, 20:55

I don't like this drama :/
I tryied to watch but it was not interesting :/
I was bored.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » May 9th, '07, 23:48

Moondy wrote:I don't like this drama :/
I tryied to watch but it was not interesting :/
I was bored.
Care to explain. You just didn't add anything to discussion. I am not try to convince you to like the show. But just want to know why you find it uninteresting and boring. :scratch:

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 10th, '07, 00:19

Archaenon wrote: Sadly , no one is doing soft subbing for my roomates so I can't download anything until the hardsubs comes out. >.>
what do you mean? cause we are making subs for ep 4, we just arent done yet eheheh.:D

@ moondy - yeah, i second xraymind, although i guess not everyone can be please ne?

@ goddesscarlie - yeah, i thought of that too... but then, the way things are going right now, i think drastic changes are going to happen so much so that the said scene wouldn't even exist in the first place. cause im beginning to see concrete changes in rei now.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 10th, '07, 02:32

I'm grateful to all those that have already shared their thoughts on my question, but I know a lot of people are still waiting for Ep. 4 subs. So I hope you comment on the issue when you finally get around to seeing it.

I just want to add one little log to the fire. In Ep. 4:
we see Rei effectively lie to her husband for the first time.
If you know what I'm talking about, please let me know how significant you think it is and why.
Last edited by joeboygo on May 10th, '07, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » May 10th, '07, 02:40

joeboygo wrote:I'm grateful to all those that have already shared their thoughts on my question, but I know a lot of people are still waiting for Ep. 4 subs. So I hope you comment on the issue when you finally get around to seeing it.

I just want to add one little log to the fire. In Ep. 4, we see Rei effectively lie to her husband for the first time. If you know what I'm talking about, please let me know how significant you think it is and why.
care to explain the 'lie' in spoiler quotes?

kirameki

Post by kirameki » May 10th, '07, 02:47

joeboygo wrote:I'm grateful to all those that have already shared their thoughts on my question, but I know a lot of people are still waiting for Ep. 4 subs. So I hope you comment on the issue when you finally get around to seeing it.

I just want to add one little log to the fire. In Ep. 4, we see Rei effectively lie to her husband for the first time. If you know what I'm talking about, please let me know how significant you think it is and why.
Uhm... next time could you please consider putting something like that under a spoilers tag. I would have prefered seeing the episode without knowing anything like that before hand. :glare:

It's a minor thing, but I like to go into the episodes fresh. Knowing a lie is coming, now I'll be looking for it rather than have it hit me while being unprepared (thus more impacting).

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 10th, '07, 03:00

kirameki wrote:Uhm... next time could you please consider putting something like that under a spoilers tag. I would have prefered seeing the episode without knowing anything like that before hand. :glare:
Done. Sorry about that. If it's any comfort, you may not even see it even if you were watching out for it.

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 10th, '07, 04:00

Lolol. Took people long enough to notice that Rei told a ***** :D

ieca

Post by ieca » May 10th, '07, 04:20

daelite wrote:
ieca wrote:hi anyone. i looking for a livejournal that called nariskun or something. plzz anyone?
She has the first episode of ProDai up and will probably get more later (Finals time now... :pale: )
thank you for the link. i'm very grateful. :D

daelite

Post by daelite » May 10th, '07, 04:32

ieca wrote:
daelite wrote:
thank you for the link. i'm very grateful. :D
No problem, several other LJ goers are uploading the series onto free file hosting sites also. These can be a real life saver if your connection is limited :X
Check out bittersweet_bun and yamaperfection! If you take their links don't forget to leave a thanks :D
http://bittersweet-bun.livejournal.com/
http://yamaperfection.livejournal.com/

kashigal

Post by kashigal » May 10th, '07, 05:47

Does anybody have the song from this show? If have, can somebody upload the songs =) Thanks

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 10th, '07, 06:23

tritochjay wrote:Lolol. Took people long enough to notice that Rei told a ***** :D
Ah, well my japanese isn't good enough yet to catch that. I'm sure we'll talk about it more once the subs are released. :)

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » May 10th, '07, 12:41

i just want to know.
in hardsubbed version of proposal daisakusen by Love Song Fansub, what font is used for main typesetting?

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 10th, '07, 12:57

belleza wrote:BTW, did anybody learn why . . .
Ken was weepy in the original picture? Was it REALLY because he got rejected by the English ho?
I was wondering why too (beacuse of the english or the math teacher) ...but I think that he was sad because of the math teacher :unsure:

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 10th, '07, 13:29

Hey, guys I have been reading this forum since the first episode. I have really enjoyed everyones point of view.

A little off topic: Please bare with me.

A little background on me. I have been living in Japan for 10 years. I am an American but I was lucky enough to marry a beautiful Japanese women and so I got a job here on a Navy base as a DOD civilian.

My wife recorded the first episode on our DVDR hard disk so I started watching it and instantly connected with the story. The main thing that attacted me to this drama was how much I can relate to the character "Ken" Growing up and especially during my highschool years I fell in love with a girl but didn't know how to express myself. However, I do not have any regrets on that matter but I can still relate to the way Ken feels.

I will have to agree with most of you guys, I feel that the way this is going to end is the way this started. I believe that Ken will be the groom at the end. The reason I think this is just the way episode 1's opening scenes are "left open"and what Eri said when she ran out the church to find out if Ken has arrived yet. I honestly will be dissappointed if Ken does not get the girl at the end? :-(
Last edited by Graymouse on May 10th, '07, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 10th, '07, 13:48

Epidsode 4 by far is the best. I really feel sorry for Ken however, because What Rei is putting him through. To me I feel that she is playing hard to get. I believe someone else said that earlier in the thread. All these trials that Rei is putting Ken through there is no wonder he turned into bitter adult.

Epidsode 4 was great! I think Ken is starting to understand what Rei has been trying to tell him all these years. The little white lie that Rei told her husband I thought was funny. As the slideshow goes on and Ken starts to change little things in their past I am starting to see his friends and especially Rei have a "new understanding" towards Ken. I am also seeing a gap growing between Rei and her husband as the slidshow goes on. If you look back on the other episodes up to this point it seems like Tada facial expressions have a little bit of uneasyness to them after Ken returns to the future and He and Rei discuss about what the picture is about. Besides Ken has been in every picture since grade school. You know Tada is feeling uneasy about that.

The gap between Rei and Tada really became apperent in that converstation with Tada. He asked her about who she got the second button from after highschool. Before the timeslip she said that she didn't get a button and when she was asked if she wanted a button from someone and she said yes but that guy was a jerk. After the timeslip the same question was asked but she had a different answer that time. She told Tada that she is not sure because she got a strange button. However she smiled at the thought of the button. But what really stood out was that last look she gave Ken before the "slap" pictiure came up. There was a lot of emotion in that 3 second look. I believe that he is winning her heart! He almost said Suki to her if only the teacher didn't snap that picture so fast!
Last edited by Graymouse on May 10th, '07, 14:20, edited 2 times in total.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » May 10th, '07, 14:02

Graymouse wrote:I will have to agree with most of you guys, I feel that the way this is going to end is the way this started. I believe that Ken will be the groom at the end. The reason I think this is just the way episode 1's opening scences are "left open"and what Eri said when she ran out the church to find out if Ken has arrived yet. I honestly will be dissappointed if Ken does not get the girl at the end? :-(
good point here. i was wondering how they could make it such that Ken gets married with Rei given the setting that they are already at the church. i thought perhaps the groom sitting beside Rei during the slideshow would just change to Ken since so far the pics shown all contain him. likewise i would be disappointed if Ken doesnt get together with Rei in the end. like all his effort was for nothing.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 10th, '07, 14:09

j_halo7 wrote:
Graymouse wrote:I will have to agree with most of you guys, I feel that the way this is going to end is the way this started. I believe that Ken will be the groom at the end. The reason I think this is just the way episode 1's opening scences are "left open"and what Eri said when she ran out the church to find out if Ken has arrived yet. I honestly will be dissappointed if Ken does not get the girl at the end? :-(
good point here. i was wondering how they could make it such that Ken gets married with Rei given the setting that they are already at the church. i thought perhaps the groom sitting beside Rei during the slideshow would just change to Ken since so far the pics shown all contain him. likewise i would be disappointed if Ken doesnt get together with Rei in the end. like all his effort was for nothing.
This would be the obvious way to fit Ken in at the end. I noticed that right after I watch the first episode when it was on TV. When Rei was walking towards him and "looking' at him I thought so that is how they are going to change the groom. Besides on the first time round the camera had to "pan out" a bit to bring Tada into focus. I hope that I am right.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 10th, '07, 14:29

I will be sad also if he doesn't get the girl..from what I've watched till now (I didn't watch ep4 yet) he is trying his best (especially in ep 2 when he figured out the birthday present though it was hard)...I hope that ken will be the groom in the final episode! maybe at the end he will be late in his own wedding :lol

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 10th, '07, 14:37

Love Angel wrote:I will be sad also if he doesn't get the girl..from what I've watched till now (I didn't watch ep4 yet) he is trying his best (especially in ep 2 when he figured out the birthday present though it was hard)...I hope that ken will be the groom in the final episode! maybe at the end he will be late in his own wedding :lol
:lol That would fit his character perfectly. What a nerd to be late for you own wedding!. Talking about cold feet. :D

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » May 10th, '07, 14:37

Love Angel wrote:I will be sad also if he doesn't get the girl..from what I've watched till now (I didn't watch ep4 yet) he is trying his best (especially in ep 2 when he figured out the birthday present though it was hard)...I hope that ken will be the groom in the final episode! maybe at the end he will be late in his own wedding :lol
sidenote, ur deathnote sig and avatar is so cute!!! :wub: another thing, i think Rei kinda made things hard for Ken. dun hate me for saying that! i mean its interesting to hide his present this way but couldn't she made it easier for him to discover the note. who would take the lyrics book out in public and for no rhyme or reason unless its a new cd. she could have put the note on top of the cd so he'll see it immediately upon opening.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 10th, '07, 14:42

j_halo7 wrote:
sidenote, ur deathnote sig and avatar is so cute!!! :wub: another thing, i think Rei kinda made things hard for Ken. dun hate me for saying that! i mean its interesting to hide his present this way but couldn't she made it easier for him to discover the note. who would take the lyrics book out in public and for no rhyme or reason unless its a new cd. she could have put the note on top of the cd so he'll see it immediately upon opening.
Intresting that you said that because I thought the same thing. I mean come on! No hints other than the fact that she didn't waint Ken to lend it to his friend. I thought it was a very smart move by her. I have been in this same situation more or less before. A girl that I was dating wanted me to "prove" to her that I was sincere in wanting a relationship and she would do the same thing....leave little clues here and there and expect you to figure them out. The look that she gave Ken when she saw the bandaid on his arm to me was a look of suprise and understanding. In fact Ken saw her look which made her uneasy.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 10th, '07, 14:55

sidenote, ur deathnote sig and avatar is so cute!!! Wub
thank u :lol

anyway..I thought the same too..if someone gave me an old CD I'll do exactly what ken did when rei gave it to him (threw it in the bag carelessly)..I'll not bother my self to read the lyrics over again..if his friend didn't ask to borrow the CD, I don't think that ken will be able to figure out rei present :unsure:
Last edited by Love Angel on May 10th, '07, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 10th, '07, 14:55

I really hope it ends with Ken being late to his own wedding - somehow. I think it would just be a nice complete, rounded ending.

I also think that Rei is playing hard to get. But perhaps - she said it was always her dream to get married (poor woman to have that as her wish!! lol) so perhaps she wont settle for second best....

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 10th, '07, 15:09

GoddessCarlie wrote:I really hope it ends with Ken being late to his own wedding - somehow. I think it would just be a nice complete, rounded ending.

I also think that Rei is playing hard to get. But perhaps - she said it was always her dream to get married (poor woman to have that as her wish!! lol) so perhaps she wont settle for second best....
Episode 5, I wonder if Ken is going to get her first kiss. In the preview it seems like Rei was mad that he tried to kiss her. However I think there is more to that then what the preview showed.
I have nothing agianst Tada-san but Ken has been with Rei almost 2/3 of his life. That has got to mean something to her.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 10th, '07, 16:02

Actually I don't get what white lie Rei said to Tada...
I'm sorry, I'm slow...Someone care to enlighten me?
But anyway, I think the ending clip is sufficient clue that it will be a Ken/Rei ending. Although its true Tada does appear a whjle in the ending clip, a lot of it is Ken and Rei centered and it even ends with them staring at each other. The producers can't be so mean as to put that as an ending clip and then not let Ken and Rei end up together?!

I really like Tada-san, I do. I hope if its a Ken and Rei ending, the producers will find some way of making a happy ending for Tada-san too...