What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
cfang32

Post by cfang32 » Apr 11th, '07, 02:23

oh... i didn't like WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI

dingdangdong

Post by dingdangdong » Apr 11th, '07, 02:28

Yah, 1% of Anything had to be the worst kdrama that stuck in my head. Despite having a lot of typical factors as with other romantic comedy kdramas ( the love/marriage "contract"; the initial "I-hate_her/him" feelings for each other; the disapproving parents; the rich guy - not so rich gal ), I felt that the 2 leads just didn't have that extra spark or chemistry.
Their so called "romantic" moments were wooden and I felt the girl's performance was especially bad. Whenever they were hugging, I felt that at least KDW tried his best, but the girl just stood there lamely...
Also, the ending seemed really really draggy. I mean, it's one of the first kdrama that I've seen where there were a few episodes AFTER the leads got married & pregnant. What was the point of all that? Do we really NEED to know how ALL the loose ends were tied up ( i.e., their sibblings/friends relationships )?

arielle7

Post by arielle7 » Apr 11th, '07, 03:16

Well I don't really run into a lot of bad dramas b/c I do my research on them first.
I know it's a kinda shallow, but when I hear about a drama, I look up the main actors to see if they are good-looking or not :| . Like I said, I know it may SOUND a little shallow, but I absolutely CANNOT watch a drama w/o a hot lead. I mean, how can the story be believable if the guys aren't hot? How can you fall in love with the characters along with the female lead if they're ugly? Can you imagine watching Goong if Shin and Yul were ugly? You just wouldn't feel the same! THEN after I see how the guys look, I read the info about the drama to see if the plot seems interesting or not. Sometimes, even if the plot sounds a little boring, but the guy is super hott, I'll watch it anyway just to see him lol :whistling:

But yeah, now that you have a little background, you can see why I've never run into any bad dramas. BUT, out of the many that I HAVE seen my least favorite would have to be Sang Doo.....This wasn't a bad drama per say, b/c I cried like a baby at the end, but to me, this drama looked really cheap, kinda like someone used their home video cameras at times. Also the lead actresss was HIDEOUS! :crazy: She and Rain had ZERO chemistry (unlike young-jae and han-jeun in full house :D ) at times I felt like he had to carry her part in the emotional scenes. It just seemed like the only emotional thing she could say was "Sang Doo-ya!" this and "Sang Doo-ya!" that! I was like, shut the hell up :goggle:. On top of that, the story didn't get interesting until like ep 10. I have to admit I skipped/fell asleep on like 2 of them. But after I got to ep 10, I just couldn't stop watching until the end......it was so sad yet happy at the same time....like a bittersweet ending :cry:

Oh yeah, and the soundtrack left much to be desired compared to the absolutely stunning scores in other dramas ^_~

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Apr 11th, '07, 14:08

honestLy there MANY kdrams that is too long and you patiently wait for the ending and sucks at ending... here are some for me...

winter sonata-
autumn in my heart
jumong
stairway to heaven
m sorry i love you

Quadrono

Post by Quadrono » Apr 12th, '07, 17:28

There are lots of dramas that I've lost interest in while waching, these include (I'm pretty sure there are more, but these are those I can toss from the top of my head):

Snow Queen
Ireland
Goong S
Princess Lulu
Alone in Love
Sweet 18

But the one that I violently disliked (and I even watched it till the finish too, unlike some of the above):

Which Star Are You From

There was nothing wrong with the cast, both KRW and JRW were both excellent actors. It was the girls character I couldn't stand. She was really immature... not wanting to do anything else but having an odd job working next to "ajusshi", overreacting quite badly to her mother's and grandfather's wishes of sending her to study overseas (I mean, in general, who would actually say no to this?)... And she was extremely selfish and stubborn, just look at the way she treated her real mother who just wanted the best for her, always going against her decisions, sneaking out to find "ajusshi", she was like a delusional 13-year old harping on and on about her love... my complaints against this drama are endless.. hehe...

thootshe_roll

Post by thootshe_roll » Apr 12th, '07, 17:36

Sweet Spy, sucks big time

emiminja

Post by emiminja » Apr 12th, '07, 18:01

thootshe_roll wrote:Sweet Spy, sucks big time
oh, come on....you had to love a character named 'koala'. ha ha

bean

Post by bean » Apr 12th, '07, 18:05

cfang32 wrote:oh... i didn't like WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI
yaya totally agree.. :P That drama is realy sucks i din even watch till the end. After Ep 1 i just put the cd aside.. too bored.

KhangaVanky

Post by KhangaVanky » Apr 12th, '07, 18:26

Well, u guy were right ! I am sooo lucky that i havn't watch sweet spy ,summer scent or so watever u guy were just said above.
But i think 1% of anythin . was wrost kd i ever seem , i thought its good , well it was though ,in begin but theen. it taking times sooo long and blah blah blah... wheww i skipped some thou .. I think i have more but i just can't remember ...
:salut: [/code]

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Apr 12th, '07, 18:40

KhangaVanky--hey small world, I live in Lancaster county PA too

TrevorGod

Post by TrevorGod » Apr 12th, '07, 21:52

I recently watched Nine Tailed Fox and thought it was the worst drama ever. It had painfully bad sound effects, visual effects, and story. Its one good point was Han Ye Seul in a tight black outfit.

I thought it couldn't get any worse than Nine Tailed Fox... then I watched Goong S. OMG. It was like it was written by a 14 year old girl... and not a particulary intelligent one. There were no redeaming qualities in this drama. My wife and I both breathed a heavy sigh of relief when we finished watching this. It is a testament to our strength of will that we were able to watch right to the end.

It's nice to see that everyone has completly different ideas of best and worst dramas. Some peoples 'worst' are on my best list and the other way around. The diversity is pretty amazing.

KhangaVanky

Post by KhangaVanky » Apr 13th, '07, 23:44

nophankh wrote:KhangaVanky--hey small world, I live in Lancaster county PA too
O :O really ? cool ! I meant yesh this earth is small for khmer pplz .. lolz
so wats ur wrost KD ?

divab

Post by divab » Apr 14th, '07, 00:09

omg! my feelings!, love letter and autumn tale i thought were great now i agree the second time around u can not finish neither one of them. but i have to say what happened in bali is #! the worst kdrama ever!!!, :cussing: 1% of anything even though i own it and i finished it, it was the longest kdrama ever and so unnecessary, the story jumped around soo much. a 1000 yrs of love was and is horrible! there are not too many that are really bad, usually the ones we dislike are ones that u are always wondering what happened next so u are skimming thru the episodes and BAM the ending sucks ass like lovers in paris :x and the recent one crazy for you...(even though i love crazy for you, but i can kill them for that whacked ending ugh!!!) SWEET SPY, HORRIBLE ACTING!!!! and DENNIS OH is totally killing my experience with witch yoo hee, still an awesome show though but he has too many jumbled lines and its hard to understand dennis ;-*( summer scent i agree really really bad!!!!!! :crazy:

i am sure i will get some ugly comments to this but GOONG was too darn long and honestly i do not see what the fuss was on that and my girl, totally boring at parts i skipped so many scenes :argue: even though they are not the worst but they could of been better and goong S had its moments when it dragged and did se7en sound like an asian micheal jackson, becuz his voice was always soo whiny! :scratch:
Attachments
smd-moull21.jpg
smd-moull21.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 8320 times

tisa

Post by tisa » Apr 14th, '07, 00:20

I always check if i will like the drama in advance so i don't really have the worst drama but i can tell you which drama i really didn't wan't to watch: Goong S, Tell me you love me, Thousand years of love, Green Rose, When Spring comes, The person i love, Thank you, Snowman,... Well these are the worst for me.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Apr 14th, '07, 00:25

KhangaVanky wrote:
so wats ur wrost KD ?
You're khmer, I thought you were a white chick or Indian going by your SN. HAHA, I'm Lao by the way. I guess my worst KDramas would have to be GOONG S, autumn's tale, and exhibits of fireworks, and Save the last dance for me. A lot of people love "save the last dance for me" but I hated that drama with a passion. I couldn't stand the lead guy.

kezsh

Post by kezsh » Apr 20th, '07, 12:07

i have to disagree with some of the replies here.

I have to defend these 3 dramas:
1. MY GIRL- great story, chemistry and OST. Lee da Hae was superb! She won an award for her role here. Ju Yoo Rin will always be my fave heroine.
2. FULL HOUSE- although there were some parts that wasnt that good but overall, I really enjoyed watching this and this deserves to be on the top list of the best kdramas with my girl.
3. GOONG- yes, the king and the other palace issues bored some viewers a little, but the best parts like the SG and CK's scenes would definitely add some butterflies in your stomaches.

* I don't know, but this is just my opiniion anyway, I just can't read and not posting my idea about this. so,
:-) :-) :-)

however, for my WON'T WATCH AGAIN list:

1.My 19 year old sister in law (whatever the title is)- I cant even really remember if thats the correct tilte. I'm stuck until ep. 2, i couldnt get through.
2. The Succesful story of a bright girl - it gets draggy towards the middle, i couldnt stand it.
3. Only you- the first episodes were a bit ok but as it goes along, it becomes very boring.
4. My love Patzzi- for some reasons, the story just revolves around that theme park. Im stucked at ep. 8
5. The vineyard men- I only watched this bec. of eun yoon hye, i cant seem to finish watching this one.

*Im sorry to those that I may offened in any way. :-)

ToMMyGiRL

Post by ToMMyGiRL » Apr 20th, '07, 12:28

my worst kdramas i hav seen and stopped watchin are -
Snow queen (i like the actor and actress, but the story is pretty slow. i dun lik it)
Sweet 18 (Han Ji Hye, actress in that series, is annoying to me)
All In (I lik LeeByun Hun, but that drama seem slow and old drama series)
A Love I want To Kill (I wanted to try watching it cuz of Rain. But the story line seem slow. I had low quality only, and my friend deleted it. Mayb, she thought I watched it already. Actually I even haven't started watching yet. I didn't regret much cuz that series isn't so much heart warming lik Full House, that what my friend told me after watching it)
Sang Du, Let's Go to School (I can't stand of actress Gong Hyo Jin, even though I like Bi in the series)
Marry a Millionaire (most of the things in that series, bothering me)

ccdj
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ccdj » Apr 20th, '07, 12:31

For me, the worst drama I've seen is Say That You Love Me..I bought the vcd for quite some n till now I'm still stuck at ep 6..I just can't continue watching it even tho I'm a big fan of Kim Sung Soo & Kim Rae Won..Rae Won is such a cry baby in there. I just can't stand the crying scene in every 5 minutes of the whole drama. I definitely can't stand Rae Won's crying scne in there. It's not that it's that bad but it's just too much n it really get on my nerves..

o0glad2bbiba0o

Post by o0glad2bbiba0o » Apr 20th, '07, 12:36

Sang Doo, Let's Go to School. :glare:

KhangaVanky

Post by KhangaVanky » Apr 21st, '07, 13:42

nophankh wrote:
KhangaVanky wrote:
so wats ur wrost KD ?
You're khmer, I thought you were a white chick or Indian going by your SN. HAHA, I'm Lao by the way. I guess my worst KDramas would have to be GOONG S, autumn's tale, and exhibits of fireworks, and Save the last dance for me. A lot of people love "save the last dance for me" but I hated that drama with a passion. I couldn't stand the lead guy.
Wow.. I never have Lao firend .So nice meetin u here then .
I totally agreed GOong S is soo bored . not even funny .frist GOong wayy better and was the best drama to me !! actually, i have more thou.. lolz lucky me that i didn't watch "Save last dance for me " SOund bored already .. lolz reply me back soon !

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Apr 21st, '07, 13:52

GOONG S

Painful to watch.

jumong5

Post by jumong5 » Apr 24th, '07, 00:11

me jumong.. im watching the full episodes online here at http://jumong.teleserye.net

elden41

Post by elden41 » Apr 27th, '07, 00:24

ccdj wrote:For me, the worst drama I've seen is Say That You Love Me..I bought the vcd for quite some n till now I'm still stuck at ep 6..I just can't continue watching it even tho I'm a big fan of Kim Sung Soo & Kim Rae Won..Rae Won is such a cry baby in there. I just can't stand the crying scene in every 5 minutes of the whole drama. I definitely can't stand Rae Won's crying scne in there. It's not that it's that bad but it's just too much n it really get on my nerves..
It is really that bad and is by far the worst kdrama I've ever seen. Don't bother finishing it because you'll not only have spent money on it, but you'd also be wasting valuable time. Again...WARNING...do not finish watching it. :crazy:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 27th, '07, 16:44

jumong5 wrote:me jumong.. im watching the full episodes online here at http://jumong.teleserye.net
Are you aware you're in the worst KDrama thread? :lol

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Apr 30th, '07, 06:09

Ok..this is what I can think of now

MARRY A MILLIONARE - didn't even bother to finish :goggle:
FIREWORKS - duhhhhhhh
SECRET LOVERS - didn't even bother to finish :goggle:

and since these 3 bad experiences I always try to read the reviews bfr starting on new series..

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Apr 30th, '07, 06:18

Néa Vanille wrote:
jumong5 wrote:me jumong.. im watching the full episodes online here at http://jumong.teleserye.net
Are you aware you're in the worst KDrama thread? :lol
Probably not. :P

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Apr 30th, '07, 06:30

For me...
1) Autumn Shower (bad bad bad -- irritating characters)

2) Secret Lovers

3) Only You

4) Say you love me (and I really like KRW)

5) Sweet Spy (the girl was ok but the guy really can't act)

JuuJuNess

Post by JuuJuNess » Apr 30th, '07, 06:57

I would have to agree with the people that said What Happened In Bali and Autumn Love Story..

Another one I thought was absolutely terrible and boring was Love Story in Harvard. I made myself watch all the episodes even though I thought it was atrocious.. It was just so BORING..

I actually quite liked Summer Scent.. Son Yae Jin rocks :D

maria5261

Post by maria5261 » Apr 30th, '07, 15:10

i like all the korean drama..

blue_shoe

Post by blue_shoe » May 5th, '07, 08:03

Whatever, Winter Sonata - One of the greatest ever, not draggy at all, ever had a feeling that u wish it would never ends? this series will do that to you (There's a reason why it was popular throughout Asia ppls !!)

I just saw Snow Queen - Wow was I regret finishing it too fast, now all I can do is go over some of the memorable scenes and reminiscent. Recommended this to 2 other friends, now it's become their favorite.

Repetitive or not Kdramas are, Winter Sonata and Snow White touched me. Brilliant.

Worsts are
Harvard Love Story - Got stupid after they went back to Korean and met each other again
Witch Amusement - Stupid how the housekeeper felt in love with the 'Witch', I feel so bad for the girlfriend. The Chef cannot act at all.
Save the Last dance for me - First 2 eps didn't catch my attention, which usually means failure in long run.
What Star you from - Just plain bad acting from the get go, try to copy Full House, but failed

blanket84

Post by blanket84 » May 5th, '07, 09:00

i have only watched about 10 dramas. so far, my worst drama list are:

Snow Queen-genius but stupid? hyun bin character should be a genius yet he don't use common sense when thinking. first drama that i've deleted after watching.

hello miss!- overhype! too many repetitive scene. plot was boring. boring background music/song. the only reason i watch this is bcos of LDH.

BEST DRAMA EVER: Dal Ja's Spring: why 22 episodes? this drama is sooo good they should make 220 episodes. but beware! you could suffer months of withdrawal syndrome after watching this drama

Choknut

Post by Choknut » May 11th, '07, 22:20

I've been watching Korean Drama's for such a long time now. I don't have much because I'm usually read reviews and reponds from people before I watch it. So a lot of the Dramas that are listed on this thread, I skipped it! :D But I have to say that some of them I like as well. I guess it all depends on you preference!
Everyone has their TASTE in dramas.. This is MINE! 8)

1. Prince First Love: This is a product of BAD acting! all of them can't act..
2. Summer Scent: Great Actors but its just dragging too much. CAn't keep my eyes open on this one.
3. Gumiho /Nine Tailed Fox: I thought this series was incomplete.. it's like they just ended it... i thought it started well, with the story and all, they could have done so much on this drama. It's as if they run out of time and start killing off every character :goggle:

mikey009

Post by mikey009 » May 12th, '07, 10:02

wow alot of guys a so critical if u think that those korean series were bad u see watch some of the hk stuff.

well as ways the vineyard man and goong s are at the bottom of my list

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 12th, '07, 10:29

Against popular opinion, I'd have to say:

Goong - The sets were beautiful, the main cast = eyecandy, their clothes and style and everything was amazing. So why don't I like it? XD Because they didn't use the palace setting to its full potential. It could've been so much deeper than just a "problems of a young married couple" story, but that's what it became D: It started off quite entertaining, although the Cinderella story is a totally over used, but it could've done without the last 4 episodes. CRY FEST 2006.

Full House - Yeah I'm going to get killed for this :P But anyway. It wasn't the most unique thing ever, but we're looking for entertainment value, right? Well it did entertain at the start, but then it started dragging like there's no tomorrow. It's not to say I sat through Full House hating it, but the whole "SHK + Bi fights, run off to respective 2nd party, feel guilty, and come home to make-up via cleaning the house" formula got extremely old. At some point I felt like shaking them and screaming "STOP CLEANING THE DAMN HOUSE!"

And no, for those who're going to challenge my opinion and defend those saying are not "the worst kdramas in the world!!111", that's not what I'm saying. They could've been so much better, that's all 8D

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » May 12th, '07, 10:47

i have to agree with Hoshiakari in part

Goong was boring but did at least give you interesting things to look at. not something i'd ever watch again but not something i was screaming for the hours of my life back that i spent watching it.

but the worst ones for me that did have me screaming for my lost hours back were (and this is absolutely NOTHING against Rain...he didn't bother me in the least)

Sang Do Let's go to school - it just..jumped around and went nowhere and then had possibly one of the dumbest endings known to mankind. the story was just really really bad.

and

Full House - the most ridiculous and irritating show ever. the romance story wasn't that bad but the fact that the best friends NEVER got what they should have was just inexcusable. any positives this show had were completely quashed every time the friends showed up on screen. i was wishing they got a Sang Do ending. It still drives me nuts just thinking about it.

evil4ever

Post by evil4ever » May 12th, '07, 11:10

For me.... the worst drama I ever seen :scratch:

Prince first love <<< I really regret wasting my time watching this drama :glare:
Sweet spy <<<OMG i don’t understand what is the point of this drama until now :crazy: :blink ?? and the unbelievable thing when the two main caste get drunk they can understand each other!! *no comment* :whistling:
Stairway to heaven .. what can I say about this drama.. the writer is really mean :glare: when I think that everything well be fine and they will get together again :-) something happened and ruin everything :glare: :x .. I hate this drama cuz I didn’t have tears left in my eyes :cry: :cry:

Hello miss <<< although I like lee da hee but I don’t know why she is overacting in this drama :blink , she doesn’t look real, I don’t like her acting :glare: , but this drama is funny and I like the caste. :-)

itsjiwon

Post by itsjiwon » May 15th, '07, 00:22

Goong was kind of good in the beginning, but it got real boring towards the end.

I also didn't like What Star Are you From. I didn't like the storyline. I don't think I ever finished the drama.

Li-Mei

Post by Li-Mei » May 15th, '07, 00:55

I agree wtih Hoshiakari and battlegirlai.

Goong was good in the beginning, but what really kept me watching was the beautiful scenery.

Full House was the first Korean drama that I've ever seen, and I liked it at first, but after a while it became too repetitive and annoying.

Goong S was even worse. I didn't like it, although Se7en was awfully cute in some scenes, but not so much in others. The main girl character (Soon-Yi) was just plain annoying.

Sakari

Post by Sakari » May 15th, '07, 10:41

One Fine Day tops my list.

First, I dislike the sister/brother stuff. There's so much of it, too. The Seong Yoo-ri character is actually coveted by two "brothers". And one of those brothers, the Gong Yoo character, is wanted, in turn, by his own "sister", the Lee Yeon-hee character.

Second, GY starts out as a petty criminal in Australia risking his everything to steal money for LYH's operation. He fails, but... What a great guy, right? It's just that when he gets to Korea and seems to get his hands on some money, he is extremely slow about spending any of it on LYH. And why on earth would this guy, who has earned a living with fake marriages, want a job as a company executive?

Third, the aquarium manager (Nam Goong-min) is supposedly an adult with even a painful past concerning a former girlfriend. Yet he acts as a lovesick teenager.

Fourth, SYR is as bland and unappealing here as in Prince's First Love. Incredibly, she plays the main girl who is supposed to have not less than three guys madly in love with her. (I must add that I adored SYR in Snow Queen.)

I did watch 12 episodes before giving up. In the end, even LYH's cuteness could not compensate for the rest. Like the two male clowns sucking up to GY. Or GY's fur ball of a head.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » May 18th, '07, 20:43

Two dramas you should only watch if you have nothing better to do or have run out of dramas to watch:

Autumn Fairytale: okay it wasn't that bad, but it's the worst I've ever seen. I really hate to dislike such an emotional drama because I love those types of dramas, but as much as it made me cry, it was so painfully slow-paced. plus, Song Seung Hun's acting could've been a lot better. Incest is sorta disturbing too, but it didn't bother me too much.

Wonderful Life: not as bad as above ^^ but pretty boring. The beginning made me chuckle and the ending made me tear-up, but the crap in the middle was so worthless. The thing that forced me to continue watching was adorable Shin-bi.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 21st, '07, 15:55

I have found my worst k-drama just last night.

Friends 2002

Ok, so it's not really a k-drama but a joint production between Japan and Korea starring Fukada Kyoko and Won Bin.

This series was so incredibly tedious, I can't even begin to explain how boring it really was. Not only was it boring, it was really frustrating watching the two leads try to communicate with each other in Japanese, and then in Korean, and then in English. Rinse, repeat, and there you have it. There was absolutely ZERO chemistry between the leads and it seemed like they were forced at gunpoint to shoot this series. The only redeeming feature was Won Bin, only because he's hot, but obviously that isn't enough incentive to keep me watching :/

planodrama

Worst Kdrama

Post by planodrama » May 21st, '07, 17:12

Such an interesting topic.So far that I know, Autumn in My Heart and Winter Sonata along with Jewel in The Palace (not mentioned here) are the series that made kdrama popular in Asia. And Goong made it popular in the US that made a lot of series licensed and have to be removed from d-addicts(I blame Goong for this!).All About Eve made kdrama so popular in Mexico. When South Korea President visited Mexico 1-2 months ago, a lot of people asked for Korean Actress and Actors to come to Mexico. I can't believed these series are voted as the worst ones, and some of them is even the leading number! The worst ones that made it popular!
And Jumong, Sandglass, All in, My Girl, Full House, got voted too!
If you see on yesasia.com best kdrama links, only Full House not available.Most of them had a high rating when it was broadcasted. And they have good selling points on DVDs.I understand it's just personal opinion.Aren't they the ones that made us drama addicts? d-addicts?
To me the worst one will be 1% of Anything, is just boring storyline,no plot, bad acting, bad cinematography, no scenery.It's just bland.Nothing.And yet I finished it up.I never leave drama unfinished, no matter how boring it is.Just to see the whole picture.
Keep watching guys. Aja Aja, Fighting!

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 21st, '07, 19:23

Well, the problem is that mainstream products (of any kind, not just Korean dramas) are often pretty bad when looking at it from an objective, non-biased kind of view, especially their storyline. Dramas like Goong are are often stellar because they are made to appeal to a large audience (meaning an audience of average or even below average intelligence) and thus cannot be made really interesting, controversial or meaningful in an effort not to alienate the mainstream target group. This is the reason why there will always be a rather small, but very vocal group that will defy most things mainstream and will look for something both more meaningful and original. I belong to this group and with the exception of romantic comedies (which I like solely because they are well-made and very entertaining/relaxing), I tend to not like 'popular' Korean dramas, but am more interested in the overlooked little gems such as Alone in Love, Goodbye Solo, Soulmate etc.

bigcuanh

Post by bigcuanh » May 28th, '07, 14:15

i must say GOONG ! can anyone tell me why this crappy drama is so popular? the guy has no emotion on his face, the girl is too horny ( not even adorable ). The teeddies at the end of each episode were pathetic

Autumn tale, one nasty drama also, i really can't stand story with incest issue in it. Haven't been touch even once while watching this, it was too EWWW!

brian55112

Post by brian55112 » May 30th, '07, 01:47

my vote goes to Nine Tailed Fox, here's why. 1. looked modern but wasnt true to itself. 2. The worst acting/directing ever, the lead actress allways had a look of disgust on her face. 3. the most pathetic fight scenes ever. (yea, real ninjas have bladed yo-yos) and 5. dont waste our time with relationships if your not gonna let them have one. oh, add #6. its a series about livers!

i made it thru but kept thinking how i miss the dentists chair!

RE: snow queen, winter sonata, attic cat, fireworks, first love, bali... yes they had boring parts, perhaps painful parts, (i still owe Choon Hyang a slap in the face for her heart string pull) but i think nine T fox was really bad

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » May 30th, '07, 02:06

I don't mean to insult anyone if you did like these dramas but in my opinion, these were the worse dramas I've ever watched:

1. Prince's First Love . I really liked the main guy because he was in My Sassy Girl so I thought maybe this drama will be great.. BIG MISTAKE!! It was bad, and I mean horribly bad acting! I didn't like the girl, the guy, or the other guy. Everything about it was just bad.

2. Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang. Again, since I heard it was suppose to be a drama version of My Sassy Girl, I idiotically thought it was going to be good. I was sooo WRONG! The first couple of episodes were okay but then I got sooo bored. I didn't like any of the characters and ended up skipping after 5 episodes til the very last one to see what happened. Much to what I thought, I understood what happened without having to see a majority of the show.

3. One Percent of Anything. So someone recommended this to me, and I think they probably hated me or something. This was bad. It was wayyyyy too long! 26 episodes too long!

After watching all these bad Korean dramas that all seem the same, I've moved onto Japanese dramas. I don't think I'm going back to Kdramas anytime soon unless something comes along that's actually good.

koo178

Post by koo178 » May 30th, '07, 02:18

the worst one in my opinion is "If in love... like them" even though i like Lee Dong Gun, i couldn't finish it, and it's only 4 eps or sth :))

PurpleSequience

Post by PurpleSequience » May 30th, '07, 02:23

Freeze, Autumn In My Heart, & Stained Glass...all I have to say is never again!

Indigo

Post by Indigo » May 30th, '07, 21:40

for me, the worst korean drama is princess lulu. it's so boring!

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 5th, '07, 20:56

I just finished the first kdrama that I have ever hated!

Witch Yoo Hee

blech...it makes me sick just thinking about it. but I was so excited to watch it coz of the cast (esp. Jae Hee - one of my favorite actors).
there are so many things i want to rant about. but i'll try to make the list short.

1. weak, unoriginal, boring plot that, at times, makes absolutely NO SENSE
2. stiff acting from Han Ga In (but she's soo beautiful)
3. silly humor that would entertain a 5-year-old
4. absolutely no chemistry between two leads
5. HORRIBLE ending - how can they just end it like that???
6. stole a line from MNIKSS - "love is childish"?? puhh-lease. we've heard it before.
7. stole a scene from DGCH - i think they made that obvious on purpose, but still!
8. many noticeable flaws - Yoo Joon-Ha answering his cell, saying "oh, Yoo-Hee" when she was calling him from Moo-Ryong's cell phone so it was impossible to know it was her.
9. President Ma and Yoo Joon-Ha think they can plot evil schemes and play dirty tricks out in the open and not get caught?? what a joke.

i would rant in the WYH thread, but i'm afraid the fans will get mad at me.
WYH = bad experience
the first drama i regret having watched.

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jun 5th, '07, 21:23

fizzlex3mh wrote:I just finished the first kdrama that I have ever hated!

Witch Yoo Hee

blech...it makes me sick just thinking about it. but I was so excited to watch it coz of the cast (esp. Jae Hee - one of my favorite actors).
there are so many things i want to rant about. but i'll try to make the list short.

6. stole a line from MNIKSS - "love is childish"?? puhh-lease. we've heard it before.
7. stole a scene from DGCH - i think they made that obvious on purpose, but still!
8. many noticeable flaws - Yoo Joon-Ha answering his cell, saying "oh, Yoo-Hee" when she was calling him from Moo-Ryong's cell phone so it was impossible to know it was her.
9. President Ma and Yoo Joon-Ha think they can plot evil schemes and play dirty tricks out in the open and not get caught?? what a joke.

WYH = bad experience

Really!? that's odd what scen what that..i mean the one that they stole from DGCH?

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 5th, '07, 21:42

i'mNOangel wrote:
fizzlex3mh wrote:I just finished the first kdrama that I have ever hated!

Witch Yoo Hee

WYH = bad experience
Really!? that's odd what scen what that..i mean the one that they stole from DGCH?
When Moo-Ryong is walking up a path and Yoo Hee is waiting for him with a cake with a burning candle and then they kiss. The same scene in DGCH when Mong-Ryong (haha they even stole the same name) is waiting for Choon Hyang with a cake i think after they found out they would both be going to Hankuk University. I said I thought they made it obvious on purpose because in WYH Jae Hee goes, "why are you doing this? this is the type of thing a guy should be doing for a girl".

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jun 5th, '07, 22:14

The worst K-drama for me recently is Come back, Soon-ae.

I have to agree with those who think that Marrying a Millionaire is pretty bad.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jun 6th, '07, 16:40

Strange, I thought Come Back, Soon-Ae was great because it was so different from all the other Korean dramas I'd watched before.

I agree that Witch Yoo Hee is pretty bad - though I wouldn't say it was the worst ever.

evil4ever

Post by evil4ever » Jun 6th, '07, 17:09

this is the second post to complete the worst Korean drama I ever seen
Prince first love <<< i cant stop hating this drama again and again I just can’t describe how horrible this drama was .. the cast, the acting , the story OMG I cant believe that I spend 18 hours from my life watching this drama :crazy: :blink
Save the last dance<<< although I was very excited to download this drama but I stopped watching it at ep 10 it was totally a Mexican drama ajooo I hate it I don’t like this kind of drama the test of love, the sacrifice … hate these kind of staff sooo emotional without a reasons. :crazy:
Spring waltz <<< what a stupid story … to blame a kid for a mother death :blink + a kid in his 10 years sacrifice himself to save his love :blink <<< where in the hell this kind of situation is happing !!! unbelievable + too boring + too long :blink :whistling: << nothing personal

bean

Post by bean » Jun 12th, '07, 16:18

Aww, fizzlex3mh,

I though u will like witch yoo hee... I wont say its a bad drama ever, coz the first 9 episode is interesting for me.. I like it very much :O .. But i haven watch all yet, so no comment..

N i gotta say this My name is kim sam soon is just too overated and i dont find it interesting at ALL ! No offense just personal opinion.. Coz i got the whole series in my house for 2 weeks and i have nothing to do, still i was too lazy to open it coz after watch ep 1 and 2 i hate the main actrees so so much, she was very annoying.

N also the last episode i watch , omg, what the writer was writing?? They just end up like that happily ever after ?? dats sucks for me ... no offence..
I mean its the worst k-drama, i have no intent to open the series at all.. Even what happen in bali is not good i also manage to watch few ep ...

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 12th, '07, 22:57

bean: yup, i think after watching exactly 9 episodes of Witch Yoo Hee (which is how many you have seen) I began to realize how boring it was. and then little by little, the plot became ridiculously convoluted.

but My Name is Kim Sam Soon is a good drama! maybe it is a little overrated but nonetheless, it is very funny and enjoyable. i'm not sure I understand though...did you watch the whole drama or just the first two and last episodes?

bean

Post by bean » Jun 13th, '07, 06:52

Oh , yaya, i just watched episode 1, 2 and the last episode... Usually i will straight watch the last episode if the beginning not interesting at all..

I just cant stand it when the sam soon dance, i 4get which episode but she got dance in front of hyun bin is it? although she just think of it, but i was omg.... (faint) with the dress she wear, red colour is it?! Omg, ....

But i like hyun bin haha..

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 13th, '07, 15:57

well, the last episode was the only part of it i didn't like. everything else is really funny though! i think you should give the other episodes a shot. but whatever...if you don't like it you don't like it. :D

Bruno

Post by Bruno » Jun 13th, '07, 16:02

GOONG << piece of ****
I'm Sorry I Love You >>> boring
Snow Queen >>> cliche

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Jun 14th, '07, 07:40

Over the Rainbow was pretty bad.
I couldn't even pass ep. 2 because of the poor acting and terrible plot. I fast-forwarded through most of it. This drama is about dancing and singing right...shouldn't it be at least good dancing and singing. Every time they did their dance routine, I just wanted to gag. Dear lord!!

mermaid026

Post by mermaid026 » Jun 16th, '07, 03:42

Goong - Boring beginning to end
Full House - I find it annoying and boring
Im sorry i love you - AWful
Hello God- Boring
Damo
Blue fish

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jun 16th, '07, 03:56

I'd have to agree with "A thousand years of love". But there are a lot that I can't seem to finish... or maybe I just didn't like them, period. Goong, Goong S, Queen of the Game, Hotelier, A Love to Kill, Snow Queen... okay I'll stop now. I'm about to list down almost all of them.

It's either the bad acting or the rehashed plots that make me go, "Oh come on! Are you serious?!", that really get to me. I mean how many times can you use a terminal disease as a plot device? Or what about half-baked revenge plots? But the sad part is that I still find myself watching from time to time. Call me a junkie. :glare:

skyccm

Post by skyccm » Jun 16th, '07, 09:26

To me, some dramas from SBS... something like Heaven's stair, The age of innocence...

(I really liked Ireland...-_-; haha... )

lumanogin

Post by lumanogin » Jun 19th, '07, 05:52

Prince's First Love.

I actually spent hours downloading/seeding this and checked for new subs idk how many times. Why I don't know. Felt the need to finish it even with it being so horrible. Story sucked, acting sucked harder from everyone. The scenery was nice though.

skyccm

Post by skyccm » Jun 19th, '07, 05:57

lumanogin wrote:Prince's First Love.

I actually spent hours downloading/seeding this and checked for new subs idk how many times. Why I don't know. Felt the need to finish it even with it being so horrible. Story sucked, acting sucked harder from everyone. The scenery was nice though.
It sucked.. I think so...h

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jun 19th, '07, 06:57

for me the worst dramas have been:
1.Prince's First Love (the main guy yells to much and the plot gets really draggy)
2.Goong S (really boring not even Se7en motivated me to finish watching it)

i know im missing another drama i just cant remember right now ...
oh well this is all for now :D

miicriic

Post by miicriic » Jun 21st, '07, 00:28

I haven't watched very many dramas. I only saw Loveholic and I thought that either the script was bad or the actress was bad. The role was played out as a dead-fish eye woman who only knows how to say "I'm sorry or Thank you," I felt she had little else to say. I think the other actors were better than the main girl, yet I couldn't stand to watch it and had to fast-forward through it on youtube.

Recently I saw Witch Yoo Hee on youtube, and I unfortunately didn't like it. Perhaps it is because I felt no chemistry coming from the main lady towards the main man. Of this I thought the drama would have had more appeal if certain events were different.
Last edited by miicriic on Jun 29th, '07, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.

tun teja

Post by tun teja » Jun 21st, '07, 01:03

In my country,this drama named as autumn in my heart but all of u mybe familiar with autumn tale.i think that drama is the worse drama i ever see.oh, come on.......all the lead characters died!! :x

hisa

Post by hisa » Jun 21st, '07, 01:06

JuuJuNess wrote:I would have to agree with the people that said What Happened In Bali and Autumn Love Story..

Another one I thought was absolutely terrible and boring was Love Story in Harvard. I made myself watch all the episodes even though I thought it was atrocious.. It was just so BORING..

I actually quite liked Summer Scent.. Son Yae Jin rocks :D
yeah agree with Love Story in Harvard
My mom's coworker gave it to her to watch saying it was realllyyy good and she gave it to me to watch and I couldn' get passed the 1st episode. It was so friggin boring!!!
And I also thought the only thing that kept me watching Goong through to the end was the beautiful scenery and eye candy and well, the few interesting parts. Also I'm a fan of the manhwa so that was another reason. But overall it was just draggy and repetetive. They could have done sooo much better with this if they actually thought it through some more...>_>

cinnabun

Post by cinnabun » Jun 21st, '07, 05:48

I'm pretty new to kdramas but am I supposed to feel, not really offended but more like I feel maybe I have sucky taste because some of the dramas you guys list as "I absolutely was bored out of mind" or "This was just so awful" I kinda like. Then again I'm only halfway through some of them. Also I do think that Witch Yoo Hee, although I like some parts of it, the plot is absolutely horrible the farther you go. And My Girl I like too but Yoo Rin's character does lie an awful lot however I think no matter how much of a goodie two shoes I am if I was in her position I would be lying an awful lot too.

So basically is it just that we all have different things we like? Or that I'm only halfway through some of these series and I do agree with your guys' flaws? Or do I just have awful taste in kdramas? XD

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jun 21st, '07, 16:07

@cinnabun

Yes, you definitely need psychiatric evaluation if you actually like all the dramas here that everyone hates. After all, everyone has the same taste.

No seriously, there's nothing wrong with you at all. As you already said, we all have different preferences - not just in dramas - but in other things like music, food, clothes etc. If you're enjoying something, by all means continue watching, there's no need to spend money on a shrink just yet :P

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jun 22nd, '07, 17:46

I've seen a lot of dramas and for me personally these were ridiculously bad!!

1.Goong-i found myself forwarding most of the time.. and boy was i relived when it was finally over... this show was definitely the most boring and pointless, time waster show i have seen. :scratch:

2. Devil Beside You-although its not korean, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME DOWNLOADING IT.. after seeing the first few episodes i though "Hej this was definitely made for kids 15 and under.. the girl was so annoying geeeez, just thinking about it makes me mad... :blink

3. Save the last dance for me-i have no idea why people recommend it so much.. ITS B.o.r.i.n.g.

xiah1fan

Post by xiah1fan » Jun 22nd, '07, 18:10

Only You - It was a okey beging but a killing end......it was soo booring soo i it took me 5 month to watch it clear ...i mean normaly it takes less then a week...now times i never watch a drama with chae young cause she had sotcha bad acting........

90 days, time for love - terryble did't like it....but my big sisster enjoyyed it .....but i thoungt it was more like 90 tears time for death ..

but as everyone now .......everybody got difftent taste.....like a minute ago i saw that a person wrot that they didn't like ...Goong , Full house , I'm sorry i love you, thosse 3 was dramas i really liked ......but when i saw that a person actully wrot that ....it made me think .....THAT WE ALL GOT DIFFRENT TASET OF DRAMA

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jun 22nd, '07, 23:53

wow...i'm quite surprised with some of the series ppl listed here, but i guess everyone has their own preference. These are my worst, and yeah, they're just my personal opinion as well:

Summer Scent- couldnt stand this one the most, the plot was completely pointless , the love story didnt make sense, & the stupid heart-beating thing got on my last nerves!!! >_<...i skipped thru most of it...and watched the ending, which sucked as well. The only thing that didnt make me completely wanna poke myself in the eye was that the two leads was at least attractive...but that wasnt enough to save this series.

Autumn in My Heart: gotta admit, this was one of my first kdramas, and while i really liked the beginning (cuz i cried), after they grew up, the story just got screwed...the middle and ending were just painful to watch...it began very draggy & the ending made me wanna throw something at the screen. But i must say the cast was very attractive and thank god i watched them in better series after that. And not a big fan of incense..eww.

Winter Sonata: Once again, loved it at first, but then it got reallyyy dragggyy in the middle. At least the ending wasnt completely miserable though, better than Autumn's ending.

A Love to Kill: completely disappointed with this one....watched it 'cuz i liked Bi in Full House..but even Bi couldnt save this series' plot. The first part of it was really good, but past episode 10, it became unbearable, and was enough to ruin the whole series. The plot led nowhere and the lead actress, Shin Min Ah, was just annoying the crap out of me (how she kept fainting and stuff..euhh so weakk), and the ending made me wanna poke myself in the eye! arrghhhHhh! The ending was just as frustrating as Autumn's ending!

But hey. dont take my word for it, watch these yourself, who knows..u might like it.