[Discussion] Karei Naru Ichizoku

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
scanky_chops

[Discussion] Karei Naru Ichizoku

Post by scanky_chops » Jan 14th, '07, 23:12

Thought i'd start a discussion thread for the show seeing as it started tonight and it's now up for download.

People's thoughts on the premise of the show/what they're expecting?

Personally i think it'll be great to see Kimura in a father role for once. While i'm sure there will be aspects of his trademark 'rebel' role, we do get to see him as a husband and father so i think that's gonna be good to see. Plus the show is a period drama and they're always great, no matter the language!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jan 15th, '07, 00:33

Will this series be subbed and if so, by who?

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 15th, '07, 00:49

it will be subbed by siantut..she is also the subber for nodame cantabile. she wont put the subs in d-addicts though, she will release it in her site,http://www.s-projects.org

fujitofu

Post by fujitofu » Jan 15th, '07, 01:34

ep1 viewship rating: 27.7%
-----
ahhh... thought it'd go above 30%

naoto

Post by naoto » Jan 15th, '07, 05:30

kimura only you can be mr 30%.....

marienella_m - do you know where to download auroragb's RAW of this? it says on the website that they are using that one, so I guess gryzze's version on the tracker isn't it...

jayph

Post by jayph » Jan 15th, '07, 07:10

the drama has the "taiga drama" feel to it.. if it makes sense

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kidmigz » Jan 15th, '07, 08:23

fujitofu wrote:ep1 viewship rating: 27.7%
-----
ahhh... thought it'd go above 30%
It at least got 30.5% in the Kansai region.

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Jan 15th, '07, 15:19

Wow.. the rating is good. Anyone watch the first epi already?

yukino2002

Post by yukino2002 » Jan 15th, '07, 20:16

I just watched the first episode, but I couldn't understand a lot of it -- especially when they were talking about the steel industry and banking and such. :-(

I'm kinda wondering what happens to there family b/c Teppei (Kimutaku) narrates after their family portrait that it was the last time they photographed together.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Jan 15th, '07, 21:27

This drama sounds promising :)
Im glad siantut will sub it ^^

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Jan 16th, '07, 03:11

yukino2002 wrote:I just watched the first episode, but I couldn't understand a lot of it -- especially when they were talking about the steel industry and banking and such. :-(

I'm kinda wondering what happens to there family b/c Teppei (Kimutaku) narrates after their family portrait that it was the last time they photographed together.
icic... Anyway, I had placed this drama in my queue list. :mrgreen:

arashisuki58

Post by arashisuki58 » Jan 16th, '07, 18:13

Hi, I'm new at this forum...I've been reading these threads but I haven't really posted here before. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu ;)

Anyways, I just finished watching the first episode of this dorama last night...and it's definitely different from what Kimura kun's usual dorama. I find this one a lot more serious and it deals with a lot of internal struggles. It's definitely worth watching...and even the way the dorama is filmed is interesting...I felt like I was watching an old show even though it's filmed in present time. I can't wait to see how Teppei (Kimura) deals with the secret of his identity and how his war with his family will end.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jan 17th, '07, 02:14

naoto wrote:kimura only you can be mr 30%.....

marienella_m - do you know where to download auroragb's RAW of this? it says on the website that they are using that one, so I guess gryzze's version on the tracker isn't it...
Can someone pls confirm which raw file the Eng. subs will be synched to. Because of this uncertainty, I have not d/l ep 1 raw at D-A.

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Jan 17th, '07, 02:35

lucypcng wrote:

Can someone pls confirm which raw file the Eng. subs will be synched to. Because of this uncertainty, I have not d/l ep 1 raw at D-A.
I think the sub is not out yet. :unsure:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 17th, '07, 04:11

lucypcng wrote:

sorry about the confusion. Basically, the RAW from me is what i've DL'ed from gryzze. I just host it for siantut because she can't bittorrent.

In another words, it's safe to DL from gryzze :)

HolEdg

Post by HolEdg » Jan 17th, '07, 06:13

Dose anybody know of a clubbox that has the epi's of this show on?? I would like to know.. Please help me out.. Thank you... I am eager to watch this show...

limyenju

Post by limyenju » Jan 18th, '07, 02:58

HolEdg wrote:Dose anybody know of a clubbox that has the epi's of this show on?? I would like to know.. Please help me out.. Thank you... I am eager to watch this show...
it's named as The Grand Tribe you can download from there

it's chinese hardsubbed

http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

enjoy

HolEdg

Post by HolEdg » Jan 18th, '07, 06:57

I just watch the first epi and have a question. Please help me out here. At the end can somebody please tell me what happend between Teppi and his Dad at the koi pond??After watching them say something about Teppi's grandfather, I was hooked. I just need to have a brief summary of what took place between them..The scean was intense and it has grabbed me. I don't even speak Japanese, but I got some words out a little. And did you see how Teppi's pose was just like his granfathers portrait. I need to know have the subs. I am in some serious language barriers. I think that this show is kind of like a cross between "Dallas and Dynasty" It's got that feel to it.. Please help me out... Thanks a whole lot..

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jan 18th, '07, 12:06

HolEdg wrote:I just watch the first epi and have a question. Please help me out here. At the end can somebody please tell me what happend between Teppi and his Dad at the koi pond??After watching them say something about Teppi's grandfather, I was hooked. I just need to have a brief summary of what took place between them..The scean was intense and it has grabbed me. I don't even speak Japanese, but I got some words out a little. And did you see how Teppi's pose was just like his granfathers portrait. I need to know have the subs. I am in some serious language barriers. I think that this show is kind of like a cross between "Dallas and Dynasty" It's got that feel to it.. Please help me out... Thanks a whole lot..
English subs will be coming. I can assure everybody that Siantut is working hard to release the subs as quickly as possible. When they do come out, they will be posted here: http://www.s-projects.org/

This show is a little more difficult than usual because it includes a lot of banking and other technical commercial/industrial jargon. Also, it didn't help that the first episode was about 20 minutes longer than usual. Siantut estimates that she should be done by Sunday, Japan time, but makes no guarantees.

Anyway, from my dodgy Nihongo, I believe that ancient koi was the special good luck charm of Manpyo Keisuke. It would never show up for his son, Daisuke, but as you've seen, came around when Teppei summoned it. There have already been clues aplenty about Teppei's connection with Keisuke in just this first episode, but I don't want to spoil anything, so let's talk about it when the subs come out.

chibidono

Post by chibidono » Jan 18th, '07, 21:52

This is how I interpreted the first episode.

*Spoilers, ONLY IF you want to be spoiled
Teppei is part of the Manpyo Family and he works as the chief of a steel-molding plant. However, Teppei can't compete with the other steel company because the other company owns a steel-molding plant as well as a steel-melting plant. Here's where his dad comes in. Teppei's father, Daisuke, is one of those wealthy bank owners. But there's a lot of buyouts and merges back then, and he's afraid that his banks will have a hard time competing. So some subplot of is it possible for small banks to buy out big banks and other economic issues. But back to Teppei, Teppei needs to borrow roughly 25 million to build his own steel-melting plant and he hopes to borrow it from his father. But again, his father doesn't like him for some reasons and here's where its semi confusing.

We know that Teppei is very much like his grandfather because everyone comments on how much alike Teppei and his grandfather are. In the first episode, several characters comment on this and Teppei even has a scene that has him sitting exactly like how his grandfather sat like on his chair. Teppei's mother looks at this and there's a small "flashback" of a pair of legs. ....?

So my theory is this.
1)Daisuke dislikes his son Teppei because Teppei is doing well with his steel plant, blah blah, everyone likes him for the most part, he's too much like his grandpa. In short, jealousy.

2)However, in the last scene of Episode one we see Daisuke making Teppei call out a koi fish called "Shogun?"(Can't remember for sure but I"ll call it that for now). Basically Teppei's grandfather could clap his hands and call out the "Shogun" as a pet or something rather. However Daisuke can't call "Shogun" and its been about 12 years(Since Teppei's grandfather died) since anyone has seen the fish. However Teppei manages to clap his hands and miraculously "Shogun" resurfaces.
This is where my theory comes in. Its kinda gross but bear with me. Daisuke thinks Teppei isn't his son but really his brother. Agan think back to the "flashback" Teppei's mother had. A pair of naked legs when she saw what reminded her of Teppei's grandfather? So I think Daisuke thinks Teppei is really the illegitimate child of Teppei's grandfather and his mother. IE Able to call out "shogun", everyone telling Daisuke how alike the grandfather and Teppei are...

Age wise it'd be something like this:

Teppei:30
Daisuke:60
Grandfather:85(Deceased)

So Gramps had Daisuke when he was 25 right? Daisuke grows up, 30 years later, marries and supposedly has Teppei. But Gramps is 55 at the time, and I'm sure thats easy for Gramps, the rich influential figure, to do some naughty stuff with Daisuke's wife.

I think too hard. But thats essentially what I made out of the first episode.

HolEdg

Post by HolEdg » Jan 19th, '07, 00:37

chibidono,

I never thought about the whole situation with the Teppei's mother. I am now liking this plot even more because it kind of makes sense. I am looking forward to the subs when they come out. I have to comment on something else. What do you think about the whole situation where Teppei goes on that mountain and tries to kill the boar?? What do you make of that?? I am looking forward to seeing epi 2 because it looks so interesting. I know some people will get turned off by the ecconomics and adult theams, but I am looking forward to a drama that has more of a plot and it's giving it to me in droves. The whole relationship of the Manpyo family is so interesting to know.

Thanks again for your input. You have given me something to chew on and think about.

_iris
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by _iris » Jan 19th, '07, 06:30

A really awesome first episode. This season of JDrama is excellent, I have nothing to compare it with, but I haven't found anything that I wouldn't continue watching in this season. xD

At first, I got turned off by the historical setting of the drama, I can't say I've watched many dramas set around this time that I actually liked (circa "Romance in the Rain")

I had a lot of trouble understanding the vocabulary even with the chinese subs I was provided with, and in the beginning there were some long parts I found a little boring, but I thought I'd persevere and finishing watching the first episode, I'm really glad I did :D Because it suddenly turned into this dramatic race for success, with Teppei wanting to follow his dream, plus Takuya Kimura and Kyoko Hasegawa together :w00t: (even if I've only watched a handful of JDramas, apparently I've seen those 2 xD). Also, I was wondering why the heck the father dislikes Teppei so much, when he clearly owns his other son in every way imaginable. @chibidono: it makes sense. Thanks for thinking too hard! :lol

@HolEdg: I agree, their whole family dynamic is...making me want to watch. The scandalous mistress will provide some drama O_O

I'm not sure the koi was a lucky charm for the grandfather or anything, I think it was just a fish that came when the grandfather clapped his hands.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 19th, '07, 07:28

chibidono wrote:This is how I interpreted the first episode.

*Spoilers, ONLY IF you want to be spoiled
Teppei is part of the Manpyo Family and he works as the chief of a steel-molding plant. However, Teppei can't compete with the other steel company because the other company owns a steel-molding plant as well as a steel-melting plant. Here's where his dad comes in. Teppei's father, Daisuke, is one of those wealthy bank owners. But there's a lot of buyouts and merges back then, and he's afraid that his banks will have a hard time competing. So some subplot of is it possible for small banks to buy out big banks and other economic issues. But back to Teppei, Teppei needs to borrow roughly 25 million to build his own steel-melting plant and he hopes to borrow it from his father. But again, his father doesn't like him for some reasons and here's where its semi confusing.

We know that Teppei is very much like his grandfather because everyone comments on how much alike Teppei and his grandfather are. In the first episode, several characters comment on this and Teppei even has a scene that has him sitting exactly like how his grandfather sat like on his chair. Teppei's mother looks at this and there's a small "flashback" of a pair of legs. ....?

So my theory is this.
1)Daisuke dislikes his son Teppei because Teppei is doing well with his steel plant, blah blah, everyone likes him for the most part, he's too much like his grandpa. In short, jealousy.

2)However, in the last scene of Episode one we see Daisuke making Teppei call out a koi fish called "Shogun?"(Can't remember for sure but I"ll call it that for now). Basically Teppei's grandfather could clap his hands and call out the "Shogun" as a pet or something rather. However Daisuke can't call "Shogun" and its been about 12 years(Since Teppei's grandfather died) since anyone has seen the fish. However Teppei manages to clap his hands and miraculously "Shogun" resurfaces.
This is where my theory comes in. Its kinda gross but bear with me. Daisuke thinks Teppei isn't his son but really his brother. Agan think back to the "flashback" Teppei's mother had. A pair of naked legs when she saw what reminded her of Teppei's grandfather? So I think Daisuke thinks Teppei is really the illegitimate child of Teppei's grandfather and his mother. IE Able to call out "shogun", everyone telling Daisuke how alike the grandfather and Teppei are...

Age wise it'd be something like this:

Teppei:30
Daisuke:60
Grandfather:85(Deceased)

So Gramps had Daisuke when he was 25 right? Daisuke grows up, 30 years later, marries and supposedly has Teppei. But Gramps is 55 at the time, and I'm sure thats easy for Gramps, the rich influential figure, to do some naughty stuff with Daisuke's wife.

I think too hard. But thats essentially what I made out of the first episode.
o_O!!
It's sick, but I think you are right! Daisuke even said Grandfather's blood is thicker in Teppei than himself when talking with wife in bed, then when wife asked what are you trying to say, he said that's all. He suspects it!! Then sees Teppei in that pose, and he called Teppei to the bridge just prove it with Shogun. That's why the 'astonished' face in the end :O
I was surprised this series set in 60's could be so interesting for me. Kimura's hairstyle is a bit too cool for the era, but I think he did a good job acting. Definitely gonna watch next week too :thumleft:

I also loved the background music. It's so dramatic and perfect for the scenes! The only bad thing so far for me was the computer graphics... The snow, fire in the factory, splash in the pond... All so fakey, so obvious they are CG. I know dorama budget is tight, but man... They should've at least used fake snow and somehow physically created splashes in the pond.

HolEdg

Post by HolEdg » Jan 19th, '07, 18:34

8thSin,

I also agree with you on the musical score. It's great to listen to. I do like some good classical works and it's refreshing to hear some music that sets the tone with each scene. I can't wait till the OST comes out. I found out that on CDJapan it's comming out in Feb. So, hopefully I can get the OST then. Or I may have my guy in Japan send it to me. I look forward to hearing what other music is inculded in up comming episodes. I do agree with your discussion about Teppei and his "Father". Let's hope that this drama is more intense.. I hope that we get to see more of Teppei's son though. I can't wait untill Monday to see the show. I have to wait untill Monday because that's when it's up for downloading. I go to clubbox and I get the episodes there. I can't wait to see the show.... Kimura Takuya is still such a cutie...... ***Blushing****

chibidono

Post by chibidono » Jan 19th, '07, 22:30

I'm not sure about the splash or the fire scene but I'm pretty sure the snow was real? There is a TV interview of Karei Naru Ichizoku they actually went to the mountains in Japan(I forgot where) to go film it. Just a tidbit.
As for the mountain and boar... I think its too early in the series to tell whats going on. As far as I could tell, Gramps taught Teppei how to shoot and hunt at those mountains and its become a tradition each year to go hunting. So as far as the drama has revealed now, its probably tradition and maybe a way to celebrate the Year of the Boar?
By the way, Happy year of the Boar guys.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 19th, '07, 22:44

chibidono wrote:I'm not sure about the splash or the fire scene but I'm pretty sure the snow was real? There is a TV interview of Karei Naru Ichizoku they actually went to the mountains in Japan(I forgot where) to go film it. Just a tidbit.
As for the mountain and boar... I think its too early in the series to tell whats going on. As far as I could tell, Gramps taught Teppei how to shoot and hunt at those mountains and its become a tradition each year to go hunting. So as far as the drama has revealed now, its probably tradition and maybe a way to celebrate the Year of the Boar?
By the way, Happy year of the Boar guys.
Snow on the ground is probably real, but the falling snow was fakey, and wind might be real, but the snow being blown by the wind is CG beyond any doubt. The splashes in pond looked like CG to me, but maybe not though. It looks kind of unnatural either way.

I haven't read the book, and this is a total guess but
Maybe didn't want any more death... I think maybe everyone else in his family dies? Something about that being his last picture with the Manpyou-zoku in the narration

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 21st, '07, 12:25

The snowy storm mountain scene is suppose to be the ending....though it didn't really show the very ending. But probably in the last episode, that scene will be shown again...and continue to the very ending.

In overall, this episode is still only an introduction episode to the characters and the prologue of the story. None of the conflicts has really begin yet. The middle part drags...perhaps there were just too many characters involved in the Manpyo family business, and they were all introduced as well, in those draggy scenes.

The episode still focuses too much on Teppei's character alone, and none of the other characters had the chance to be prominent. While, in my opinion, what makes this Karei-naru Ichizoku masterpiece interesting, are the conflicts between the various unique and interesting(neither black nor white) characters other than the total-white Teppei, the good son. It's quite amusing to see so many big stars got so little roles in this drama. All of the supporting characters were actually those actors and actresses who usually got the main roles in other dramas, be it nowadays or 10-20 years ago. I really hope the other characters will have more focus in the next episodes, as I'm really satisfied with the casting and they all fit in very well with their respective roles.

The opening and ending scenes of the first episode were wonderful! The music scores was great. The breath-taking sceneries and the whole set of Tokyo in the 1960s era...were very eye-pleasing.

But, why is there no themesong?? :-( I was expecting something like Hitoto Yo's voice or Shibasaki Kou's voice when the ending credits rolls...but it didn't happen...why? :O

In case, anyone interested, this is my review and screencaps of the 1974 movie version: http://yumekanau.tripod.com/Karei-Review.html
But if you do not like spoilers, then you may not want to read to the end. Just read it to the middle part of the page, then^^

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Jan 21st, '07, 21:44

siantut sub's are up. What I'm most impressed with in the show so far is the casting(It's mind boggling how such big stars take such small roles) and the music. I think every single piece they have used so far is perfect and its not suprising as the music is done by the same person who did Nodame Cantabile. I'm happy to see Kimura do a more adult drama like this, it looks like he'll be adding to his collection of best actor awards the way the story is going.

As for the ending music I don't think it would really fit with how they have the credits right now to have someone like Shibasaki Kou(this coming from a HUGE Kou fan) doing a song, what might be more fitting is to have an old enkaish pop song from the 1960s.

I agree with the spoilers about the connection between teppei and his grandfather. Even at the very end kyoko hasegawas character says:
"You didn't know about it Teppei?" It seems pretty clear to me that she means that Teppei didn't know that his grandfather was his real father. I'm guessing the next episode is going to be focus mainly on this.
Looking forward to the next episdoe, easily the show of the season.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 22nd, '07, 04:43

Magicus wrote:As for the ending music I don't think it would really fit with how they have the credits right now to have someone like Shibasaki Kou(this coming from a HUGE Kou fan) doing a song, what might be more fitting is to have an old enkaish pop song from the 1960s.
Yeah...enka would work too! I just want a themesong for this dorama!
Actually, I meant Shibasaki Kou to sing something like Hitoto Yo's Kazaguruma, you know...the kind of song that has olden Jap sound to it...but not too old either^^

Are...? At the very last of the next week's preview... wasn't it Inamori Izumi(Teppei's ex-girlfriend) who talked to Teppei? And said, "Teppei-san, shiranakattan desu ka?". And I think she meant about what happened between the two of them before she went abroad. PROBABLY Aiko threatened her to break up with Teppei or sumthin'....pure guess, though^^

Afterall
No one knows about what happened in the past between Yasuko and Keisuke, the grandfather, except themselves and Daisuke. Not even the mistress, Aiko, knows about it. So Sanae(HaseKyo) doesn't know either.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 22nd, '07, 06:03

Oh, man... If I would've so lost it and stabbed Aiko.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:03

I've finally watched the drama with siantut's subs^^ Thanks alot, siantut!! Great work! But...yappari...I still cant understand the drama 100% T_T

Can someone help me answer these questions? I dunno squad about economy matters...so bare with me.

1. What is financial restructuring? How can merging banks, help Japan to compete with foreign countries?

2. Why does the 4 megabanks can do the removal of interest restriction to gather more customers, but Hanshin Bank(Manpyo's bank) can't?

3. What does Teikoku Seitetsu HAS, that Teppei's steel factory doesn't? Why cant Teppei's factory afford the blast furnace since long ago...but Teikoku Seitetsu can be successful in producing the pig iron with the blast furnace for years? Is it simply because they have more money...or is it something else?

4. Daisuke said he let Mima Ataru to marry his daughter, Ichiko, had given Ataru benefits. How can marrying Ichiko gives benefit to Mima Ataru[Nakamura Tooru]? I thought he doesn't own any company...he's just the Vice Chief of Budget Bureau in the Ministry of Finance, right?

Yoroshiku!^^

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:21

yanie wrote:Can someone help me answer these questions? I dunno squad about economy matters...so bare with me.
2. Why does the 4 megabanks can do the removal of interest restriction to gather more customers, but Hanshin Bank(Manpyo's bank) can't?
3. What does Teikoku Seitetsu HAS, that Teppei's steel factory doesn't? Why cant Teppei's factory afford the blast furnace since long ago...but Teikoku Seitetsu can be successful in producing the pig iron with the blast furnace for years? Is it simply because they have more money...or is it something else?
4. Daisuke said he let Mima Ataru to marry his daughter, Ichiko, had given Ataru benefits. How can marrying Ichiko gives benefit to Mima Ataru[Nakamura Tooru]? I thought he doesn't own any company...he's just the Vice Chief of Budget Bureau in the Ministry of Finance, right?
Wrt your questions, I'm no expert, but here's what I think:
1. It's the amount of capital ($$) so that you can invest in large scale projects that may take longer time to return the investment. but on the short term investing in large projects show stregth of bank and makes people more confident.
2. It could be that you require certain size before you can borrow directly from the central bank, at least that's how it is in US.
3. Don't know, your speculation makes sense
4. Well, if you're close to someone on the inside of the ministry, you can have more information on policy and rate changes than your competitors. So you can allocate your investments before they're announced and everyone else scrambles to comply. This way you make more money

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 22nd, '07, 15:23

yanie wrote: 1. What is financial restructuring? How can merging banks, help Japan to compete with foreign countries?

1. Merging with other companies save costs. It's more efficient because a lot of times, you can have less staff combined to function, basically fire their entire management team just function with your own management team and save costs in their salary. And when you advertise and stuff, you only have to spend money to advertise once, rather than twice when they are two seperate companies. Also less competitions among eachother and more money in their disposal, so they don't get pushed around as much.

2. I didn't really catch that...

3. Blast furnace. They need both high grade iron from blast furnace and low grade iron from scraps to make steel. I guess Teppei's steel company didn't have it because it was a big financial commitment, and until now, Teikoku had been selling their high grade iron with Teppei's factory. Teppei's company is getting bigger, and possibly able to compete with Teikoku's product, so they are limiting their supply of high grade iron on purpose.

4. Banks can really get involved politically, for campaigns and stuff. Also I don't think he makes that money by himself, but gets compensated instead by marrying someone from Manpyo family.

limyenju

Post by limyenju » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:10

the chinese subbed ep 2 of karei anru ichizoku can be found

@ http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

enjoy!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 24th, '07, 08:18

Thanks alot aurora, and 8thsin!! It's much clearer now :D

vampee

Post by vampee » Jan 25th, '07, 23:16

I can't find the subs on that web, I'm registered and I have post 3 times, as they say, and I can't find them

*** I'm a fucktard, they are on the principal page :doh:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 26th, '07, 03:42

I love Teppei-Yoshihiko-Tsugiko scene in Ep02!! Sooo cute. This scene is probably the only LIGHT scene and the only LIGHT plot of the story. His young sister is sincerely in love. What could make Teppei more happy? I hope to see more of Yoshihiko-Tsugiko romantic scene...they look so innocent and cute together!! Can you imagine Yoshihiko was played by the actor who is acting as Teppei's father now, in the 1974 movie? :lol: Arienai yo ne! I love Narimiya ALOT MORE as Yoshihiko! And I come to like Aibu Saki as Tsugiko....she's CHO kawaiiii in that white dress and the white umbrella....really portray a young lady from a wealthy family^^
But, be prepared! That snob b**chy Takasu Aiko will get in the way of Yoshihiko and Tsugiko's relationship, once she's done with Ginpei's marriage arrangement x)

Man!! The ending...Teppei vs Daisuke, the father...really rocks. Teppei is being eaten by his own words. I love how his father said, "Weren't you the one who told me not to care about our father-son relationship and deal our business professionally?". Teppei, you better mind your words from now on!

The threesome thingy Daisuke forced his wife to do...is just... EWWWW!!!!! Can't believe his wife actually loves him sincerely!>_<

It's good though...that Suzuki Kyoka's portrayal as Takasu Aiko has live up to my expectation! Love it, she portrayed it perfectly. That IS Aiko...she's the kind of woman you just feel like stabbing a knife to. And she acted it very well!! Believe it or not...you'll come to feel sorry for her by the end of the story^^

The preview!! Did I hear... "Te-chan!" ?? And also, "Teppei!" ?? It sounds like Love Generation all over again! :lol: Fusako seems more cheerful in the next episode!! But does that mean, Teppei and Fusako's love will bloom again?? :(

Disappointed that one of my favorite actress, Yamada Yuu, has not show up yet. But she will in ep3. Really looking forward to it. And the 3rd daughter, Ichiko, didn't show up at all in this episode, huh. I hope she show up more.

oberon

Post by oberon » Jan 27th, '07, 21:43

Woei! I really loved the first episode of this serie. Kimura did it again!!
I heard the Japanese is very difficult in this series, so keep it up s-projects!!

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Jan 28th, '07, 02:52

oberon wrote:Woei! I really loved the first episode of this serie. Kimura did it again!!
I heard the Japanese is very difficult in this series, so keep it up s-projects!!
i heard that the rating for epi 2 has dropped as compared with epi 1. Is that true? :cry:

HolEdg

Post by HolEdg » Jan 28th, '07, 05:41

wow. epi 3 already.. i can't believe it.. i mean it's airing tommorrow...i don't want to rush the people who are doing the subs, but hopefully they will be out soon. i look forward to seeing Teppei slap Aiko ( hope that I spelled her name right).. The "B***h" deserves what's comming to her.. Teppei, get her... I kind of like the idea it's aimed at people who are needing more "meat" to their dramas. I like my "candy/fluff" like everyone else, but it's good to see how the charaters evolve. I love the family dynamic.... looking forward to the seeing the drama unfold....

oberon

Post by oberon » Jan 28th, '07, 09:11

terence_hideyoshi wrote:
oberon wrote:Woei! I really loved the first episode of this serie. Kimura did it again!!
i heard that the rating for epi 2 has dropped as compared with epi 1. Is that true? :cry:
Yeah the ratings for epi 2 were 21.8, wich is still pretty high. Epi 1 got 27.7.

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Jan 28th, '07, 12:39

oberon wrote:
terence_hideyoshi wrote:
Yeah the ratings for epi 2 were 21.8, wich is still pretty high. Epi 1 got 27.7.
icic... I heard that there were some rumors b4 the show time of epi 2 which had cause the drop in rating.

limyenju

Post by limyenju » Jan 31st, '07, 03:30

chinese subbed version of karei naru ichizoku ep 03
can be found at http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

visit the clubbox for others j drama too!!

expo1970

Post by expo1970 » Feb 4th, '07, 22:01

Everything about this drama is perfect except Kimura Takuya. If only they got a better actor for his part...

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Feb 6th, '07, 18:08

wheres siantuts subs? eng subs????

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Feb 6th, '07, 19:35

you can get softsubs for eps 1 and 2 at s-projects.org
You have to register tho

mmyy

Post by mmyy » Feb 10th, '07, 15:25

Does anyone know if someone's uploading the raws onto ddl host sites? I can't use bt/cb but I'm dying to watch this. :(

cel

Post by cel » Mar 10th, '07, 10:29

This is a great series, got me totally hooked.
I have just watched ep 7 and it was a revelation.
I really really hate Daisuke :x

pr

Post by pr » Mar 11th, '07, 13:40

Spoiler in video.
More impact to have spoiler like this. :mrgreen:
I guarantee that this will leave your mouth wide open. (;O;)
Quick! 100 DLs only.

japysia

Post by japysia » Mar 12th, '07, 10:20

Just watched ep 9.This drama is definitely the best drama for this season and the acting is so great.I will not be surprised if they win a lot of awards.

HolEdg

Post by HolEdg » Mar 21st, '07, 01:54

Please can someone PM me to let me know if this is on dailymotion or veoh?? I need to know because I can't watch it on my media player.. I need some help here. Please...

Thanks a bunch...

Moofia

Post by Moofia » Mar 23rd, '07, 02:37

This drama is awesome, I've just finished the the 9th episode and I'm eagerly awaiting subs for episode 10!

cel

Post by cel » Mar 24th, '07, 22:49

The subs are all out. Thanks to s-project for
subbing this wonderful dorama. :salut:
I was crying buckets, Didn't expect Teppei
to do that he was such a strong person, I
guess he really wants his father's approval. :cry:
Daisuke lost a good son!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 25th, '07, 17:18

「見事な死に様でした。」 :O
This was the most memorable line to me in the finale, but such sentence probably only exist in Japanese :roll

The last three episodes were wonderful! Kimura was a far better actor than I thought! Hope to see him regularly in dorama again :thumleft:

draco

Post by draco » Mar 27th, '07, 06:03

@cel : wow that's a major spoiler... admin do something!!!

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » Apr 1st, '07, 16:32

Hey, where did u get the quote from? i didnt catch that quote. Who said it? When? my Jap is real poor, totally relying on the subs. Thanks a lot s-projects, though the subs sounds a bit of weird some times.

Just finished the drama, finished it in 2 days. Haha, not very fast compared to some ppl, but fast enough for me. I though this was a damn good show, considering the fact that i was watching Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no hoshi right before watching this. Both are equally good shows, both so tragic... was really hoping for a good happy ending from this though. Sora was kind of expected to end sadly... Seriously, i didnt expect the ending at all, especially from someone with that strong character, to do such a thing in the end (shall not state the what he/she did, spoiler...lol). The ending was also kind of unexpected to, i mean i didnt expect the sudden twist in the last episode. Great acting from the characters, cant really mention much about that actually, coz i cant really tell . Lol. Anyway the Aiko character kind of reminds me of Gong Li. Maybe because, to me, she looks a bit like Gong Li. But i think the role she played kind of resembles GongLi's role in some movies like Memoirs Of a Geisha, Golden flower... Maybe its just me. Desperado by Eagles is really a nice song, the title kind of convey what the characters are... in some sense.

Nevertheless, there are always pitfalls to such a drama...i think the education system in singapore keep making me present both cases in anything. Geez. Anyway, i didnt really like the fact that there was always this narrator around telling the story. I mean the drama should tell the story by itself, through the characters. A Narrator should probably just give introduction to the story, the background information and let the story run on itself. I just felt damn irritated by the lady. And the somehow the factories look totally fake. Arghh sorry cant help complaining.

Hey, i wanted ask if the story is actually true? Its supposed to be a work of fiction right? from a book? but is the thing based on an actual story that happened in the past? I mean at least, if the factory did exist, the banks.... the mergers... economic restructuring... THANKsS.

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Apr 2nd, '07, 04:49

l0nEr wrote:Hey, i wanted ask if the story is actually true? Its supposed to be a work of fiction right? from a book? but is the thing based on an actual story that happened in the past? I mean at least, if the factory did exist, the banks.... the mergers... economic restructuring... THANKsS.
I actually asked that same question at S-projects and found out that it was not based on real events. The financial restructirng of banks DID happen in that period but the rest of the story was pure fiction.

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » Apr 2nd, '07, 06:29

Thanks a lot. Loved the drama. i heard the movie's ending was different from the drama's. Wonder if the book is the same as the movie or the drama. Would love to read the book, but my jap is only elementary LOL. big dreams... :)

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Apr 23rd, '07, 04:42

Hi! I just finished the Drama last night. I can't stop crying starting Episodes 9-10. This drama is very tragic but bears a good plot! The twists in the plot is very complicated and dark, but I really like the drama. I just don't think I can watch it over n over again like Takuya's other series. ^^V

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » May 2nd, '07, 07:50

kimura superb job as always, i thought the ost fit quite well with the drama, a little bit toooo dramatic but thats what makes it quite engaging. This series is very O__O GOOD!

also LOL@his womanizing dad..

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » May 2nd, '07, 10:29

Oh yes, the bed is too exaggerated! The woman? They chose to accept that kind of arrangement, but I don't know how the wife endured that kind of treatment. Weirdos.

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » May 3rd, '07, 07:27

lol yeah those scenes were quite funny..

OMFG I was totally balling in the last episode. Seriously cried my eyes out, I think my body is like dehydrated now seriously..=/ Gah I realllly love this twisted story. They need to make more dramas like this. Watching the same plots over and over gets kinda boring. Are there any other dramas such as this one? xD

untypikal

Post by untypikal » May 9th, '07, 00:58

ok i just finished the last episode...are the english subs off? cuz the subs kept continuing into the credits..and these last few words by teppei didn't seem like a good ending to me...didn't really feel finalized. can someone pls help? i feel so lost and sad

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » May 10th, '07, 08:37

Hmm if I remember correctly, the subbers inserted a quote at the end of the series that was probably meaningful. Don't think it had anything to do with what Teppei said. Just random I guess xD

untypikal

Post by untypikal » May 11th, '07, 05:28

YamapisWifey wrote:Hmm if I remember correctly, the subbers inserted a quote at the end of the series that was probably meaningful. Don't think it had anything to do with what Teppei said. Just random I guess xD
then for some reason the ending of this drama leaves me empty...
what was teppei's final message? to just enjoy life day-by day? ur past is ur present is ur future?
>_< i'm kinda trying hard to interpret it.

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » May 22nd, '07, 07:38

anybody knows where i can find this dorama w eng sub?
perhaps on youtube, dailymotion, crunchyroll etc?
now currently watching chinese sub version, but it would b better if there are eng sub...
cos quite a few technical terms which makes it harder to view w chinese sub...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 22nd, '07, 14:53

s-projects.org has soft subs for this series

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Oct 28th, '07, 11:45

definitely one of the best dramas that I've watched this year :thumright:

Great story, Cast, directing and OST..I was impressed by Kimura's acting especially in the last episodes
the ending was an expected at all..I didn't cry like this since 1 Litre of Tears..
can't wait to see Kimura in a new drama soon..

skrible

Post by skrible » Oct 29th, '07, 10:29

I enjoyed this drama very much. The last episode was probably the key to answer every question throughout the series. :salut:

PS: Any other recommended kimutaku dramas?

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Nov 15th, '07, 21:16

I enjoyed watching this drama. Although it's not ur typical j-drama, all the plot twists kept me hooked!

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Feb 4th, '08, 03:00

I'm currently at 80% of download of this jdrama series. I'm so hooked to Kimura that I want to watched all his dramas and movies. I'm so looking forward on watching this series with great recommendation and interest. Although I must say that there are only 5 pages in this particular drama.

garou12

Post by garou12 » Feb 19th, '08, 01:27

auroragb wrote:s-projects.org has soft subs for this series
errr not that i'm complaining but anyone notice that the subs for ep5 cut out at the 39th minute?

shosef

Post by shosef » Feb 21st, '08, 12:13

just want to ask where can I find the subs?...when i looked it up the thread was gone....

temariatra

Post by temariatra » Mar 3rd, '08, 13:12

garou12 wrote:
auroragb wrote:s-projects.org has soft subs for this series
errr not that i'm complaining but anyone notice that the subs for ep5 cut out at the 39th minute?

use the one for 1024 they worked for me =)

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Mar 8th, '08, 05:42

this drama is so intense! I was surprised in the ending....but this series is good and it's because of Kimura Takuya!