[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 22nd, '07, 05:09

all i can say right now is:
i am gonna be downright depressed the entire week. storywise, it really was much better; for me. it topped last week's SCENE, cause this time, we finally see some sort of initiation from rei. BUT DAMN IM STILL DEPRESSED.
PS: @ joeboygo - actually i've raised that concern since episode 1. and since i consider myself part of the general concensus, as a girl, i'll never fall for someone i've esteemed to be someone of higher authority, such as a teacher. in my point of view, that's almost incestuous.

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 22nd, '07, 05:39

all about episode 6
it is short, i know... *sigh*

THE ACT
:cry: i thought i was mentally prepared for a sad, depressing episode, but i was completely unprepared... [my tissue is soaking wet and i'm too shocked to get another one] i can't believe she did that... i shall call it THE ACT... and how ken missed the picture and how they missed each other...:cry:
i felt like i've been on a very emotional exhausting rollercoaster

on a lighter note
=it was clever how ken-zou was in the picture because of that other picture...
=i'm glad that the marathon runner is back... he was much needed in my opinion...
=now it makes sense why the high school homeroom teacher became a potter/ceramist and how hard he had to play to win that kit...
mikio & tsuru & eri
i'm glad to see tsuru and eri going in the right direction... tsuru is scoring some points, while ken lost about a few thousand [and it's not even his fault... tada :cussing:] mikio and his girlfriend has just a weird scene when they made up outside her apartment (?) :blink
@joeboygo:
i never thought that an age difference was really a big matter, but after watching this episode and reading your opinion on it, i changed my mind... the age difference can play an impertinent role in the development of young adults as the older person's influence is much greater... older adults can have such an influence as well, but on a much lesser degree...
@lunargen:
i guess we now have something that surpassed THE SCENE... i'm also glad that rei finally took a step towards ken+rei, but then again it was back in middle school... it was just pure coincidence that he did not go out that way on that day (ken has no luck...) but since she kept that letter for soo many years, i don't think she should've done THE ACT...
who is willing to donate a little of their luck to IWASE KEN???

:cry: going off to bed now

aatm

Post by aatm » May 22nd, '07, 05:59

ugh...i'm with everyone else...(i only looked at the last page of comments, but still)
this was REALLY sad...but something I found odd was, don't you think that there should've been something on Rei's part, when she saw that Ken was in the picture? I'm still taking Japanese, so maybe I didn't catch everything that was said, but it seemed to just be passed over...
i was on such a high from 4 and 5, and just....
:cry: this is such a downer...but you know, not in a really bad "I hate the show" way...it's excellent, for it to grasp such a hold on our emotions as it has...you almost feel the heartbreak as if it happened to you...what am I saying? It IS heartbreaking for me. :-(
*sigh*...just....*sigh*....

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 22nd, '07, 06:50

eUxaZnxRo wrote:all about episode 6
it is short, i know... *sigh*

THE ACT
:cry: i thought i was mentally prepared for a sad, depressing episode, but i was completely unprepared... [my tissue is soaking wet and i'm too shocked to get another one] i can't believe she did that... i shall call it THE ACT... and how ken missed the picture and how they missed each other...:cry:
i felt like i've been on a very emotional exhausting rollercoaster

@lunargen:
i guess we now have something that surpassed THE SCENE... i'm also glad that rei finally took a step towards ken+rei, but then again it was back in middle school... it was just pure coincidence that he did not go out that way on that day (ken has no luck...) but since she kept that letter for soo many years, i don't think she should've done THE ACT...
who is willing to donate a little of their luck to IWASE KEN???
hahaha what luck will i be able to give? he fares better than me!! :D (at least he has a sort of existing love life)

i think what little recompense this episode offered (for my 5 hour stand-off with BT ><.) is the review of the next one. Pi in a tank top is :wub: :wub: :wub:

<<okay i'm sorry you had to witness that, that was the Pi fan talking>> :whistling:

on to the story: (major spoiler for ep6)
this installment packed a whole lot of punch to the main focus, for an ep which delved less on the Ken-Rei part. for one, FINALLY AN INITIATION FROM REI. i had feared that they would trod the usual path for this episode: ken sees picture, rei is not happy, he goes back, makes amends, comes back, she's happy, but nothing changes, yet yosei praises him for good work. but THANK GOD they had not. this time, something of Rei's inner turmoil is revealed at length, as compared to last time when we had to make do with interpreting her brief, split second glances (which is not to say that they were rather void; au contraire). but then, this revelation brings another nail for the coffin as well. apparently, she gives up on Ken. she indirectly says so to Tada (at the part where she says she's always in pain, but it ends today.); and the symbolism of her throwing the paper plane made of the letter echoes those words as well. so, this somewhat forecasts, well, for me at least, that in the end Ken will really not be the groom facing her.

but on the other hand, it seems like they're starting to lay the tracks now for the possible tsuru-eri wedding that might take place instead of the tada-rei one. i especially appreciated tsuru when he said that he'd always be by her side. i think that line alone secures his place in her heart. *but the height factor still bugs me somewhat ahaha*

this episode showed me how well made the script is. it anticipates our every emotion to the letter, and twists us around in its crazy rollercoaster ride. really, this is not just one of those feel good dramas.

this is seriously gonna take more than a full rerun of Nobuta with Akira running amok to make me feel better!!
@ aatm -
true, i think even a split second of Rei's reaction should've been shown, but then i think she'd have the same expression as the start, cause nothing changed anyway... :cry: so i guess it would've been rather pointless to do so... and i don't think Rei noticed he was there (though he's clearly visible) cause she would've been too engrossed in recollecting her emotions that day....
@ eUxaZnxRo -
where in florida are you?:D im in florida too!!
**okay this is it for now. i cant seem to sustain my energy in writing verbose analyses hahaha. i'll just wait for the others *cough*belleza*cough*joeboygo*cough*trichtojay*cough*graymouse*cough*

aatm

Post by aatm » May 22nd, '07, 07:15

@lunargen
See, I don't know...I think that things should be a little more different than they are, cuz I mean, he was there, in the picture. I mean, what, after the picture, did he just sulk away without them knowing he was there until they developed the pictures? And then, after Rei sees that he was there with that look of utter desperation on his face, she just let it pass by as if it was nothing? That's what I don't get. I don't think it would've gone that way. She was on such an emotional rollercoaster that day, and I think the one thing that would've made all the difference in the world, would've been Ken being there for Rei. But instead, there was no reaction from anyone at the reception about Ken being in the picture.
@lunargen again...=)
again, this could just be that i'm not fluent in japanese yet, and am still taking classes and stuff, so if i missed something in translation, i apologize in advance. but i don't think that there's any hint of there being an eri-tsuru wedding, in that ken didn't have any interaction with what happened with them. like, what's happening between eri and tsuru happened the same way the first time around, and they aren't married in the present. but of course, there could've been something that i missed. obviously eri is realizing just how much tsuru truly/purely cares about her, and that it's not so much obsession from a geeky guy, as true caring and devotion from an honest guy.
and going off of what lunargen said
this dorama is written extremely well and acted even better. like i said in my last post, you really feel the heartache that ken is feeling, that hopelessness, and desperation that he felt as he was looking through the window, the pain he felt as he traveled back (without screaming "noooo"). just...ahhhh!!! it was just almost too much for me....cuz i had just rewatched eps 4 and 5 and was on that feel good high...
but you know, that's what makes this one of those special doramas. you know there's something special about a show when it moves you the way this one does. kinda the same way ichi litteru no namida and sekai no chuushin de ai wo sakebu did for me.

anyways, i'll echo that this is going to be a depressing week for me too. and then, at the end of the preview for next week's episode...
didn't ken say that he was going to stop doing the timeslip???
:goggle:

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 22nd, '07, 07:31

aatm wrote:
didn't ken say that he was going to stop doing the timeslip???
:goggle:
im gonna make this real short cause its 3 am where i am ahaha and im gonna sleep now.:D

on the tsuru eri thing: GOOD POINT. i haven't thought of that.

and on the spoiler:
ahohoy... he actually did... ahaha i realize people reading this who aren't fluent are gonna go "ZOMG ZOMG!!! :D "

CrAcKaJaP206

Post by CrAcKaJaP206 » May 22nd, '07, 07:46

This drama's turning out to be really good. Thank god i'm bilingual, i can't imagine having to wait :\

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 22nd, '07, 08:08

I don't abuse the spoiler tag so I cant put spoilers! :D

But I like how how Lunar and AATM think about the ErixTsuru wedding Ken will be (or is it "is?") attending after 5 more timeslips :D

@aatm/Lunargen - you guys took japanese classes? O,o I'm doing it by self study- 3 books, a dictionary, elementary grammar and a kanji book. :D

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 08:26

OMG.... i can't believe what i saw!!!!!! I really wanted to add in some opinion bout the episode, but i'm too depress to do it now!!!! I was expecting it to be a sad one, but really this is way above what i had expected!

However.....
Did anyone realize that the can drinks in the episode change? It started with rei n tada holding 2 cans of beer, or something like that. In the photo they took, it had turn into 2 cans of coffee! Wonder will anything change because of that!

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 22nd, '07, 09:04

I am so depressed. I also will echo what everyone has said, You know you are watching one heck of a drama when it makes you feel good one episode and the next totally destroys the feeling and leaves you with an emptiness in your heart. This episode was realy hard for me to watch. I watched it live and I haven't been myself since. For those that thought Tada was the innocent one and the one that is loosing a battle that he doesn't know exist all I got to say to you guys is this. I am 100% rooting for Ken to be married to Rei at the end of the drama! Its got to happen after what Ken went through this time and it wasn't even Ken's fault!
I mean after Ken went back to the future he had nothing to say, he just stood there with his head down looking at the floor. I don't even think Rei even glanced in his direction. I don't blame him for not wanting to time-slip no more. I can't even explain how he must of felt! (probably around the same as getting kicked in the groin 3 times). I knew when Rei said finished in Japanese I knew that spelled the end for Ken.
Tada knew exactly what he was doing from day one! Yeah! for Ken in episode 3 for writting "I will not loose" on his farewell card.. (perhaps that is what set Tada off because he figured out what that means. A paradox) Anways, that is what pisses me of the most about him! He knows that Rei is Ken's girl! He can't be that darn stupid not to know. If I were Ken I would go to the wedding table and punch Tada right in the nose and run off. However I think it would be a better victory for him when he fixes this misunderstanding and ends up marrying Rei in the end. Afterwards Ken should rub Tada's nose in it. (sorry guys I had to vent)
@TWL I didn't catch that at first, I am not sure I can handle watching that episode again....at least not right now. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Graymouse on May 22nd, '07, 10:49, edited 2 times in total.

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 22nd, '07, 09:39

arghhh its killing me like hell cause i wna watch moreeeee, the sub is a long wait, everyday after skool i always drop by to the addict to check if its uploaded but no news :( ...gonna watch the raw file of this show even tho i dun understand jap >.< am i gonna ruinin the show for me? lol goin crazy hahahah

belleza

Post by belleza » May 22nd, '07, 09:40

That's why the student-teacher model is fundamentally incomaptible with a modern marriage relationship, where both spouses are co-equal partners, communication is a two-way street, and decision-making authority is equally shared by husband and wife. In many cases, the kind of man that would exploit the superior position of a mentor to seduce a student has trouble relating to women as peers. Most are also saddled with the deep insecurities of control-freaks seeking compliant and obedient mates that they can mold into their own versions of the Stepford Wife.
Normally I would agree, but this being a frilly J-drama . . . well, ya know . . . ;) Also I went through a K-drama last year (Hello My Teacher) that did a gender-reversal scenario, and it actually pulled it off. Sure, it's "forbidden" (well just as brother-sister-in-law hookups are really rather disgusting, but 40% of Korea ends up watching it anyway.) But that particular show actually did a credible job demonstrating how it can happen rather naturally if a teacher does not act "like" a teacher, if they start relating to the students in a more peer-oriented fashion. Which in itself could demonstrate remarkably reckless immaturity in the teacher.

That seems to fit Tada and Rei's relationship. He never really developed a proper teacher-student relationship with his high school class, being a substitute for what seems a very short time. Ken seemed to imply that Tada was more seen as "that college student guy" who had problems connecting with the class, who seemed to be off in his little world.

What really grasped me about Tada and Rei was that they did have some kind of instant connection. Rei immediatelly pressed his buttons, she seemed uniquely angry and important toward him that belied his own naivete/immaturity as well as her willingness to speak out of turn in regards to authority. Second, Rei had that strange "he's so weird" smiling look that goes with the most unlikely guys you end up feelings something about.

So it's there. To the credit of both actors, they winked that connection early in on the show, so at least their relationship would throw a separate undercurrent under the majority. Is it right? No, of course not. Tada should know better. Rei should be that bold with her own friends. But, the typical teacher-student parental transference is simply not here; like most unlikely relationships, it seems not a manipulation of circumstances, but a random instance of "hey they really get along" subversion. They have chemistry. They have a dangerous situation. And they have a 3rd party who should be the 1st party, but he just came of age too late. Maybe the ProDai triangle is a circumstance of disastrous convenience.

I'm not sure what I think about it, because I'm not sure what I feel about Ken and Rei. But it sounds like Chapter 6, Tada Sempai turns into evil Tada. Well as long as Rei doesn't develop leukemia (you go huh, but you haven't seen Masami's other movies . .. ), I'm happy. I mean, it can't be that depressing . . .can it?

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 09:48

you'll need to watch it yourself to find it out! I was telling myself too before i watch it...
'It can't be that depressing, can it?'
awwww..... i ended up eating my own words after watching epi 6!!

belleza

Post by belleza » May 22nd, '07, 10:07

Yeah, it sounds like Episode 6 is a ZINGER. Of course, I haven't been to the peak of Episode 5 either. I can't imagine the rest of us will be plowed over until way next week. Sigh. I mean, is it even worth commenting on Episode 5 knowing all goes to rot the next week? And how much will I hate beautiful, beautiful Fujita Naohito? :D

BTW guys, the ProDai OST is out now.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 22nd, '07, 10:43

belleza wrote:
Yeah, it sounds like Episode 6 is a ZINGER. Of course, I haven't been to the peak of Episode 5 either. I can't imagine the rest of us will be plowed over until way next week. Sigh. I mean, is it even worth commenting on Episode 5 knowing all goes to rot the next week? And how much will I hate beautiful, beautiful Fujita Naohito? :D

BTW guys, the ProDai OST is out now.
Its just the way things happened.

Tada knew exactly what he was doing from day one! Yeah! for Ken in episode 3 for writting "I will not loose" on his farewell card.. (perhaps that is what set Tada off because he figured out what that means. A paradox) Anways, that is what pisses me of the most about him! He knows that Rei is Ken's girl! He can't be that darn stupid not to know. If I were Ken I would go to the wedding table and punch Tada right in the nose and run off. However I think it would be a better victory for him when he fixes this misunderstanding and ends up marrying Rei in the end. Afterwards Ken should rub Tada's nose in it. (sorry guys I had to vent)

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 10:58

belleza wrote: Yeah, it sounds like Episode 6 is a ZINGER. Of course, I haven't been to the peak of Episode 5 either. I can't imagine the rest of us will be plowed over until way next week. Sigh. I mean, is it even worth commenting on Episode 5 knowing all goes to rot the next week? And how much will I hate beautiful, beautiful Fujita Naohito? :D
This is why i stop myself from coming ehre before i watch each episode! The 30 sec spoiler at the end of each episode is all i need to know before each episode! :)

belleza

Post by belleza » May 22nd, '07, 11:01

Greymouse --

So by Episode 6, Tada is revealed to be a genuine villain in the story?
This is why i stop myself from coming ehre before i watch each episode!
I have to say that people here have been abs. fabulous about not spoiling the story for rest of us. Plus really great discussion by evevrybody. I imagine, by the end of the run, we may see Nobuta-size traffic here with posts and all.

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 11:29

belleza wrote: So by Episode 6, Tada is revealed to be a genuine villain in the story?
To say he is a genuine villian might be too far. What he did was being at the right time, and pick rei up when she was feeling down
belleza wrote: I have to say that people here have been abs. fabulous about not spoiling the story for rest of us. Plus really great discussion by evevrybody. I imagine, by the end of the run, we may see Nobuta-size traffic here with posts and all.
Just imagine... within 12 hours episode 6 was aired in Japan, 4-5 pages of discussion is being added! I bet of of the people out there havent even added it into their download list yet!

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 22nd, '07, 12:29

twl wrote:
belleza wrote: So by Episode 6, Tada is revealed to be a genuine villain in the story?
To say he is a genuine villian might be too far. What he did was being at the right time, and pick rei up when she was feeling down
belleza wrote: I have to say that people here have been abs. fabulous about not spoiling the story for rest of us. Plus really great discussion by evevrybody. I imagine, by the end of the run, we may see Nobuta-size traffic here with posts and all.
Just imagine... within 12 hours episode 6 was aired in Japan, 4-5 pages of discussion is being added! I bet of of the people out there havent even added it into their download list yet!

Well, as far as I am concerned Tada had an eye on Rei ever since she spoke out against him when he was a student teacher in Rei and Ken's High School. Also it doesn't take a genious to figure out that there is something between Rei and Ken! :glare: Tada had to know that. :x
Its funny that at first people were talking about "oh its not fair to Tada that Ken can timeslip and try to steal Rei from Tada. Now after episode 6 people are starting to see the real Tada and now know that in reality it was the other way around.
If only Ken would of stayed home in bed that afternoon. He would have been home and would have received the "love letter" from Rei and when Ken went back to the future he would have been the Groom and we would have a happily ever after and that would be it. Unfortunetly that is not the style of Jdramas!

Everyone OMG! I just watched the begining of episode 6 again
and that look that Rei gave Ken was horrible. It seemed like a touch of "this is what you get" type of look. I can't believe I missed it the first time. Am I the only one who sees this...please tell me that I am not! That is so not like Rei.......
Last edited by Graymouse on May 22nd, '07, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 22nd, '07, 13:42

i'm glad to know that not everyone this threat is still moving after episode 6...

theory
i know the fairy said that you can't go back to the same picture twice, but i think, no I KNOW, that there has to be a way for him to go back... the look the fairy gave him when he came back is just heart breaking and maybe he can do what Graymouse and wait for that letter in his bed... but i guess it is wishful thinking...
tada
i can't believe that i felt bad for tada at an earlier point... i'm completely mad at myself...
@lunargen:
i live in orlando... you? btw i went ZOMG like you said i would after finding out that he said he wouldn't go back
@aatm
i think ken said he would stop because he's just too depressed... all the progress he made has been for nothing (and all he knows is that he just missed her... not even about the lost love letter)... someone needs to cheer him up... he needs to stop tada
@twl:
i noticed that too... i guess both were really tired (after rei finished that drawing of hers) and needed coffee
@lychee87: i'm watching the RAW and i don't understand japanese at all... i'm going to take it as a class in the fall... i'm trying to get a head start by watching these dramas (that's what i've been telling myself)

@belleza: you'll see how sad it is once you are there... i thought i was prepared and then it hit me... and i'm going spoiler tag crazy just to make sure that people like you don't get afraid to go on this threat and look at other discussions we are having while discussing the latest (subbed) episode

@Graymouse: you are brave for watching it again... i caught her look the first time around and i didn't believe it portrayed those emotions

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 22nd, '07, 13:53

@Graymouse: you are brave for watching it again... i caught her look the first time around and i didn't believe it portrayed those emotions
Perhaps I miss- judged the look. Went back and changed what I said. I guess I am just looking for excuses for Ken...... :cry:
However, I think we can agree on that it wasn't that pleasant look that we are so used to seeing.........
Perhaps it was a look of extreme dissappointment.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I keep doing this to myself.......shouldn't have watched it again.

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 14:16

Graymouse wrote:
If only Ken would of stayed home in bed that afternoon. He would have been home and would have received the "love letter" from Rei and when Ken went back to the future he would have been the Groom and we would have a happily ever after and that would be it. Unfortunetly that is not the style of Jdramas!
Maybe this is what happen when two person are trying too hard together at the same time!

as for the look in rei's face
I noticed it the first time around, that it look different from the past few episode. I am sure it was't an evil stare, is more like what you say, extreme dissapointment and amybe pain too!!! If she is feeling that in her wedding, something is really wrong with it!

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 22nd, '07, 15:01

twl wrote:
I noticed it the first time around, that it look different from the past few episode. I am sure it was't an evil stare, is more like what you say, extreme dissapointment and amybe pain too!!! If she is feeling that in her wedding, something is really wrong with it!
if rei were to feel that, and if ken doesn't succeed in being the groom in episode 11, i think the least rei could do is annul the wedding... she should not be this unhappy. tada should not be led on/succeed over ken. ken should still get rei because he did do everything "ken-ly" possible.
regret theme
back to regret... the fairy wants ken to not have any regrets, but the way it seems, regret will always be there...unless ken gets rei...!!! the writers could not be that cruel...[did i jinx it?]

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 22nd, '07, 15:03

Here is a nice site that gives screen caps and a complete episode summary. http://daelite.wordpress.com/2007/05/22 ... mary-caps/

After reading a summary on some of the parts that I couldn't pick up by myself.....
Tada is such a Dork! When Rei asked him how he would handle a problem that she was unable to solve for a long time he started talking about math problems again. However, tada says that he would probably try different approaches to the problem to see if it worked out. If it didn’t he could probably try again, but if he never tried anything than he would never make progress on the problem. The problem is Ken. To me that is telling me that Rei is trying to understand Ken. !
Last edited by Graymouse on May 22nd, '07, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 15:15

Since my japanese language is not up to standard yet, I wonder when will i have the mood to rewatch episode 6!

a bit off the current discussion, but i would like to know anyone came across any official or unofficial wallpaper of this drama? My Nobuta blackboard wall paper is getting pretty boring!!!!

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 22nd, '07, 15:23

@twl: while i haven't found any wallpapers, i just made my own... i needed one because i'm burning this series onto dvds and needed a good menu... and now it's on my desktop and making me all depressed...
Last edited by eUxaZnxRo on May 22nd, '07, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 22nd, '07, 15:29

a new theory....perhaps.....

You know I am feeling a little better now. Why I didn't think of this before I may never know. .........back into the spoilers again.
You know....this might actually be good for Ken and Rei. Perhaps she should dabble a bit with Tada and see if she can love a boring math teacher who is 6 years older than she. When Tada fails her expectations (which I hope he does in the next couple of episodes) Ken will be right there to catch her as she falls and then she will realize that she should be with Ken.
Well, tis after midnight here in Japan and its finally May 23rd my birthday. Ugh! I think its time for me to go to sleep. Talk to you all in the morning!
Last edited by Graymouse on May 22nd, '07, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 22nd, '07, 15:30

anyone know if there is a chinese sub group doing this drama :whistling:
I can't wait for the eng subs ! :cry:

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 15:31

eUxaZnxRo wrote:@twl: while i haven't found any wallpapers, i just made my own... i needed one because i'm burning this series onto dvds and needed a good menu... and now it's on my desktop and making me all depressed...
maybe is a bad idea after all!! LOL
in that case, i'll wait till the end of the drama before looking for one!!
Graymouse wrote:Well, tis after midnight here in Japan and its finally May 23rd my birthday. Ugh! I think its time for me to go to sleep. Talk to you all in the morning!
Happy Birthday! Don't let the effect of episode 6 affect ur day!!! heehe

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 22nd, '07, 15:43

@pwner4once: i do believe that there are chinese subs out for this drama... i remember another member saying that they were happy that they were out... i would look back when episode 4 and 5 came out in RAW and then look for that person... i wish i was of more help...

@Graymouse: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :cheers:
i like your theory... maybe that's the way it shall be... we still have 5 more to go... they have to make it good and long
@twl: let me know when you find any more... i need to expand my collection

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 22nd, '07, 15:45

awww so much info that i can't read... any1 know if there is a chinese sub group doing this drama?

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 22nd, '07, 15:47

@ graymouse - i end up joining your ship after all. last night, everytime i thought of ep 6, i wanted to smack somebody. though tada gives the impression of being innocent about everything, what he does is just rather sinister. how dare he pretend to be blithely unaware of Ken's feelings?!?! gah i fee; like cursing... i still feel rather bad about ep 6... OH! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY BY THE WAY!!!
and on the rei going "test mode" on tada theory,
hmmm i don't think so.... she looked rather happy in the photo so idk
@trichtojay - ahaha that makes two of us now! im also on self study!

@eUxaZnxRo - wow orlando!! ><. you must have a lot of access to asian stuff ne? (argh i really need to find myself a place where i could buy JE stuff hahah) im in ormond beach by the way.:D

-edit- oh yeah! i remember there were photo shoots for this drama. and there are scans of that mag too... so its not technically a poster but it works the same i guess ehehe.. let me look for it....
-edit 2- here's the link:
http://bakanosekai.7.forumer.com/viewto ... c&start=56
Last edited by lunargen on May 22nd, '07, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » May 22nd, '07, 15:55

LOL! thanks guys!

When you get a chance read this! Warning Major Major Major spoilers! http://daelite.wordpress.com/2007/05/22 ... mary-caps/

It will make you feel much better especially if you have already watched episode 6.
I wouldn't go as far as saying I was wrong about Tada but I now understand better what was said between those two in the final minutes of the episode. It seems like he is going out of his way for Rei by calling the company for her to find a job. I also agree that he has to be really stupid not to know that there is something going on between Ken and Rei. That story about catching a cloud really hit home for Rei. I believe that I would have also cried in that situation.
When you guys read the blog maybe we can really have a conversation about all the epiisodes that we watch RAW. I always enjoy listening to everyones opinion. Well, I mumbled on long enough. Oyasumi![/spoiler]

twl

Post by twl » May 22nd, '07, 16:35

lunargen wrote:@ graymouse - i end up joining your ship after all. last night, everytime i thought of ep 6, i wanted to smack somebody. though tada gives the impression of being innocent about everything, what he does is just rather sinister. how dare he pretend to be blithely unaware of Ken's feelings?!?! gah i fee; like cursing... i still feel rather bad about ep 6... OH! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY BY THE WAY!!!
Count me in the ship too!!! The only reason why i am still in my room now is because i am having my last paper on thursday! Then i am off to Japan for 2 weeks! Wonder will i be able to catch it on tv when i am there!!!

As for tada pretending to be unaware of Ken's feeling.... that is unforgivable! It takes someone really really insensitive to his/her surrounding not to be aware of them!
But then again.... after trying soooo hard, Rei is still 'guessing' what is Ken's feelings towards her!

The good part is.....It is obvious that eri, tsuru and mikio are well aware of the 'feelings' btw two o them! They always left the two of them together whenever possible!
Like during his birthday party

eUxaZnxRo

Post by eUxaZnxRo » May 22nd, '07, 16:39

@lunargen: yeah, orlando... there is A LOT of viet stuff... and a good amount of chinese things... but korean and japanese items are even less... i personally don't know where the JE motherload is hidden... can anyone point me in the right direction??? at least at ormond beach there is the beach... :lol i haven't been there yet but i'm in serious need to go to the beach... this weather would be nice...

@Graymouse: i have the link open on another tab, but i can't bring myself to read the blog... even just reading about it makes me go :| but since it's suppose to make me feel better, i guess i shall read it... later

fujitak

episode 05 softsub

Post by fujitak » May 22nd, '07, 16:48

There is subtitles for episode 5 ?
Thanks for your work.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 22nd, '07, 16:52

pwner4once wrote:awww so much info that i can't read... any1 know if there is a chinese sub group doing this drama?
Yea there is. Chinese subs are my love.

Torrent link: Btpig

Clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/btpig or
http://clubbox.co.kr/xiaomao123

Thoughts about Episode 6:
I haven't downloaded Episode 6 but I don't look forward to it after looking at screencaps. Everytime I look at Tada now...I'm disappointed.

I think Ken will still go back in time next episode. And I hope he does. And stop Tada.

But somehow I feel Ken kind of deserves to feel like this. Because all these years, its probably just Rei feeling the pain of liking Ken and not being able to tell him. So I guess its payback time, time for Ken to go through what Rei felt all those years.

Ken! Stop being depressed and stop that stupid Tada fjdahfdlkja next episode!

I'm sorry for any Tada fans. I really am. But I just can't like him in this drama.

fujitak

Post by fujitak » May 22nd, '07, 17:04

i meant english subtitles.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 22nd, '07, 18:15

twl wrote:
So we're saying that Tada is the Dennis Rodman of PD? ;-)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 22nd, '07, 18:42

pwner4once wrote:anyone know if there is a chinese sub group doing this drama :whistling:
I can't wait for the eng subs ! :cry:
yep subpig and tvbt are both subbing it:
http://bbs.btpig.com/viewthread.php?tid ... a=page%3D1
http://www.mytvbt.com/viewthread.php?ti ... a=page%3D1

I maintain a page at:
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... pring_2007
which is a pretty comprehensive list of c-subs for j-dramas (tho slightly out of date)

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 22nd, '07, 21:24

hhahaha what i rkn KEN should do in the first place wen he goes back into the past...he should have just make a plan to kill TADA or kidnap him *muahahhahaha* this way he have no competition n rei will still b single!! lol!!!!

OR

he could just punch TADA in da face and ran off with bride lol!!!

....yeah that's just the evil side of me baby :)

ps KEN N REI okay?!

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 22nd, '07, 23:23

It wouldn't be interesting if we didnt have a competition for Rei.

I said something like this 3 episodes back. Tada isn't in the competition yet. And as I said, Ken's fault why Rei and Tada's relationship grew strong.

On a side note: I know some people said that Ken timeslipping isn't fair but did he ever put down or degrade Tada (except that minor thing in episode 3 in the baseball club room)? Ken's being pretty fair (and again in episode 6, he gives an "ok" to Tada's idea)

6 more timeslips - more ups and more downs :D

Oh btw, to stop the depression, I started watching " kekkon dekinai otoko" ; for those people who have not watched this drama yet, give it a go. The dialogue is made of pure WIN.

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 22nd, '07, 23:57

to tritochjay

uh huh it's really depression being unable to complete P.D, good drama is always a long waiiittt n is good for tho who r patient...me very impatient person ^_^ im actually readin all da spoilers here bout ep 6 n spoiler from a site, yes i know im desperate. becomin a freak very soon... -_-'

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » May 23rd, '07, 00:21

lychee87 wrote:to tritochjay

uh huh it's really depression being unable to complete P.D, good drama is always a long waiiittt n is good for tho who r patient...me very impatient person ^_^ im actually readin all da spoilers here bout ep 6 n spoiler from a site, yes i know im desperate. becomin a freak very soon... -_-'
WOOT I am so glad that i can still understand some chinese. I found the chinese sub group about 6 hours ago on the FAQ page. I finished both eps. 5 and 6... didn't understand 100% of the eps since I have trouble reading chinese but it seems like Ken is having trouble with timing... >_> Out of all possibility, why does he have to go at the wrong time! ARRUGGH!! I also hate Rei's shyness toward admitting that she truly loves Ken. Why can't she simply leave the letter she wanted to give him in junior high on his desk... T_T depressing!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 23rd, '07, 00:23

@ trichtojay - lol! who stars in it? hahah i'd like to watch! just hearing the title makes me want to rofl already ahaha. <<im catching up on (and effectively cheering myself up with) hanayome to papa, cause that drama's barrelloads of laughter as well :lol >>

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 23rd, '07, 01:55

Ah, a good story has to get worse before it gets better. And this episode was horrible - and I mean horrible in a fantastic way :)

eri and tsuru:
OK, so people are saying "look now they're going to get married" but remember this probably happened in the original timeline and they aren't together now so something must have happened. Looking at next week's photo tsuru is the one looking sad and Eri isn't even there - I'm thinking that's what is going to change next week. And it's still too early for any significant changes to happen to Rei and Ken, so I'm hoping that Ken will make a move but it'll be over shadowed by Tada making his move.
It was great to see the marathon man again!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 23rd, '07, 02:09

@ no one in particular:
so far, i find this the easiest ep to translate, but subbing this is taking all the energy i could summon just to continue on. 2 minutes into the ep, im already bawling. gah this is torture. TORTURE.

brandofbiscuits

Post by brandofbiscuits » May 23rd, '07, 02:13

Well...I've been following the posts on this forum for some time now. It's great that everyone's taking such an interest in this drama but...don't you rather feel that you're over-analysing this drama just a tad? I mean, it is, essentially, a light-hearted romantic comedy.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 23rd, '07, 02:19

LOL Sorry, folks but I have yet to find anything in this series that would lead me to feel like Tada is the evil overlord people are suddenly making him out to be.
First off, Rei first met Tada when he was doing a two week student teacher rotation. He struck her so little as an authority figure that she openly chastized him in the classroom, so the supposed authority figure role has zero credibility for me in this instance. They started out on some pretty equal footing, and they became friends while he was not even a full teacher yet.

Now onto the developments in episode 6... This misunderstanding is Rei and Ken's. Nobody else is at fault. Rei held onto that note for years! She could have left it with the cold medicine. She could have given him that note after the button or after the kiss. She didn't. She chose to throw it into the river on her own.

Ken had better chances than he realized in this episode. Why on earth would he think it was a good idea to wait outside on those steps? He's able to get to the room that she's in later, so why not just head there to begin with? He's seen a picture of where she'll be that night (and it's a room we saw in episode 5 not a new place), so it's not like he's got zero clues where to go. How about calling her cellphone before heading out to tell her he's coming to bring her something?

I felt this episode had a whole lot of Ken and Rei being stupid, personally. Throwing away a love you've held onto for years just because he's not home? *shakes head* Tada told her to try a different approach to her problem, but really Rei did the exact same thing she did in middle school and highschool concerning Ken. She waited around and in the end said nothing about how she felt. Almost exactly like in her flashback!

Tada wasn't there for the kiss or the button as the story stands now. Rei has experienced both events. So if anyone should be suspecting Ken's feelings, it's Rei. What Tada has seen is that in the two years that he's known them by this point neither of them has made the move to become more than friends. To be honest, if not Tada it would have simply been someone else, because Ken doesn't even get the impetus to really make an effort until Rei is already marrying another man. (Hence his need to timeslip to begin with.)

I adore Ken, and I felt really bad for him during much of this episode. But I sure didn't see Tada conspiring against him here. This episode seemed more to flesh out the fundamental problems that have kept Rei and Ken apart all this time. I don't believe these issues are insurmountable in the time remaining for this series, but this episode strengthens my feeling that Rei needs to change as much as Ken does. She gives up way too easily.

Anyhow, what I'm finding most interesting here is the Eri/Tsuru story, and what the promo shows to come on that front. It seems to be one of the defining moments for their relationship, and potentially the reason they aren't together now. That's the storyline I think I'm looking forward to most in episode 7. Though I'd like to see something happen to fix it, because Tsuru just looks way too sad in that new picture.
Last edited by ryoko11 on May 23rd, '07, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 23rd, '07, 02:36

brandofbiscuits wrote:Well...I've been following the posts on this forum for some time now. It's great that everyone's taking such an interest in this drama but...don't you rather feel that you're over-analysing this drama just a tad? I mean, it is, essentially, a light-hearted romantic comedy.
not at all. I love it all the more because of the layers it has. It is essentially a light-hearted romantic comedy but it is also has multi-dimensional characters that are highly interesting to explore :)

lunargen: がんばって!

ryoko11: 
I have to say I completely agree with you. For instance, if I liked a guy and he liked someone else, well, that doesn't stop me from liking the guy and being nice to him and cheering him up. And what has Tada done but that?

Hell yeah I want Rei and Ken together, but I also love the fact that the "enemy" is a really nice sweet guy who I'm sure Rei would be very happy with. She decided to marry him so he can't be all bad. And he did more than what Ken did (the first time round at least). And Ken's been ultra private about his feelings (the first time round especially) so while I'm sure Tada knows they have a deep friendship, he might not realise that there is something more there.

belleza

Post by belleza » May 23rd, '07, 02:45

s great that everyone's taking such an interest in this drama but...don't you rather feel that you're over-analysing this drama just a tad? I mean, it is, essentially, a light-hearted romantic comedy.
I think, in our ways, we're each sharing our views on love and relationships too. It just inevitably comes through when you're putting yourself in Ken's situation, or through Rei's eyes.

In any case, I kinda wish all threads were kinda like this. Thoughtful, respectful, and spoiler-free. :D

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 23rd, '07, 03:16

@ goddess carlie: ありがとうね。。もっとがんばります!

twl

Post by twl » May 23rd, '07, 04:45

@ lunargen
I have to agree with you! The hardest part of doing the subs for episode 6 will be to rewatch it! It practically put you all over the whole thing again!! awww...!! Good luck!!!

@ryoko11
I know rei could have leave it with the cold medicine. But maybe two thing struck her mind at that time. First, she would have wanted to do it face to face, and get over with it. The next thing will be the phone call from ken's friend! She must have thought that he went out to meet them!
Besides, the longer a person keep a secret, the harder it is to reveal it! The probability of freaking out at the last moment will get even higher. And when finally that person decides to reveal it but fails to for some reason, there will be a surge of motivation to get over with it. So, that must have cause rei to throw off the letter!!
As for ken going out before calling, i think he is trying his best to give her a suprise!

unkei

Post by unkei » May 23rd, '07, 04:57

ryoko11: i totally think you're right on the tada point - he's been a total sweetie so far and it's easy to see how rei would choose to marry someone like him. but i think you were a little too harsh on rei and ken.
the reason rei dashed off to confess her feelings to ken was because she wanted to find the answer BEFORE her 20th birthday. even after tsuru called and gave the impression that ken was on the way to a group date with them, she still waited for him till after midnight. i thought that was pretty noble of her. but then her birthday came and went and ken still hasn't shown up, and combined with what the phone call implied, i think it's quite natural for her to decide to draw that part of her life to a close.

ken on the other hand, was overly self-sacrificial, and i think that was what the fairy told him off for in the end. he remembered that great things happened to rei after she entered this comp - i think she got into some prestigious university or something, so i'm sure he waited at the post office because he didn't want to disturb her while she tackled something HE thought was really important to her. the fairy also tells him off for this, in that he didn't realise that for rei that night, entering the competition really wasn't her top priority.

it's terribly frustrating, but i'm hoping that all these happenings will only serve to make the ending that much sweeter =D

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 23rd, '07, 05:02

brandofbiscuits wrote:Well...I've been following the posts on this forum for some time now. It's great that everyone's taking such an interest in this drama but...don't you rather feel that you're over-analysing this drama just a tad? I mean, it is, essentially, a light-hearted romantic comedy.
That's like saying deep thinking is something you save for special occasions only, like mom's fine china. There's a difference between shallow shows and shallow people. If you can appreciate that, then even the silliest excuse to shift your brain out of park will be as good as any other. Cultural snobbery will get you nowhere. So come join the fun and over-analyze this tripe with us, won't you? Check this out:
ryoko11 wrote:
First off, Rei first met Tada when he was doing a two week student teacher rotation. He struck her so little as an authority figure that she openly chastized him in the classroom, so the supposed authority figure role has zero credibility for me in this instance. They started out on some pretty equal footing, and they became friends while he was not even a full teacher yet.
Let me see if I get your argument right. You seem to be saying that Tada wasn't acting appropriately for his age and status, and that's what makes it ok for him to hit on Rei. His emotional retardation placed him on the same developmental level as, or even lower than, his students, who were six years his junior. He was therefore functionally Rei's peer, and that makes her fair game.

Hmm.That doesn't really sell me on the concept of Tada+Rei. All that tells me is that there's more than one way to spell the word "loser." If he isn't Svengali then he's Algernon. Remember, when he overtly put the moves on Rei, he was her college advisor, someone she relied upon for advice and guidance. There's at least a conflict of interest there, no? Who can say he wasn't "working" her the whole time he was supposed to be giving professorly advice? Most academic codes of conduct here in the US would deem Tada's behavior predatory. Is it fair to say the show is making tidy and pretty what is usually a despicable thing in real life?

Over-analyze away.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 23rd, '07, 05:27

joeboygo wrote: 。。。。Who can say he wasn't "working" her the whole time he was supposed to be giving professorly advice? Most academic codes of conduct here in the US would deem Tada's behavior predatory. Is it fair to say the show is making tidy and pretty what is usually a despicable thing in real life?

Over-analyze away.
hmmm, i think what the next episode needs to reveal is when exactly had Tada started regarding Rei as more than a student. cause i think only then will we be able to drop the guillotine on Tada's head (or otherwise) regarding his treatment of Rei.

by the way, are there any japanese here? cause i was wondering why is it that Rei deemed it imperative that she "confess" before turning 20. is that like the japanese "coming of age"? (hmmm i do remember seeing some photos during the HYD2 mania of inoue mao in a kimono for her 20th bday. it seemed like a big deal... but idrk)

*back to the masochistic work T.T*

aatm

Post by aatm » May 23rd, '07, 05:32

sorry i'm replying to stuff so late...already 3 pages since i last posted (last night)...but i thought i'd respond.
tritochjay wrote:
But I like how how Lunar and AATM think about the ErixTsuru wedding Ken will be (or is it "is?") attending after 5 more timeslips :D
Well, like i said in my post before, i don't think there are any hints of an eri-tsuru wedding, as ken didn't interact/change what happened between them. we more so just saw it was, but i don't think there will be an eri-tsuru wedding.
tritochjay wrote:
@aatm/Lunargen - you guys took japanese classes? O,o I'm doing it by self study- 3 books, a dictionary, elementary grammar and a kanji book. :D
i'm not sure about lunargen, but i've been learning japanese since this past august, so almost a year. not too long, and definitely not fluent, but i really like watching dorama's without the subs, as i can pick up on stuff more and i don't rely on subtitles...now if only i can up my vocab/grammar...

aatm

Post by aatm » May 23rd, '07, 05:37

again, sorry for the late reply...hopefully my question hasn't already been asked...but...i've seen a couple posts about tada being the villian and he knew what he was doing and everything. is that fact or assumption? like, did i miss something, as i can only understand about 10 percent of the dialogue and am inferring the other 90%? basically, is it ever said/diliberately made obvious that tada was manipulating rei into liking him or something like that, or are we just lashing out at him for "being at the 'right' place at the 'right' time"? just curious...man, i wish i could be fluent already...
Graymouse wrote:

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » May 23rd, '07, 05:39

lunargen wrote: hmmm, i think what the next episode needs to reveal is when exactly had Tada started regarding Rei as more than a student. cause i think only then will we be able to drop the guillotine on Tada's head (or otherwise) regarding his treatment of Rei.
Wasn't he making googly-eyes at her already in the end of epsiode 2? And then again during his little visit in epsiode 4?

I don't see Tada as the evil villain ala Lex Luthor, heck I don't even think he realizes how tacky his actions toward Rei look. To me, he's more like a colon polyp: not really malignant, but he is in the way, so he just has to go.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 23rd, '07, 05:44

aatm wrote:again, sorry for the late reply...hopefully my question hasn't already been asked...but...i've seen a couple posts about tada being the villian and he knew what he was doing and everything. is that fact or assumption? like, did i miss something, as i can only understand about 10 percent of the dialogue and am inferring the other 90%? basically, is it ever said/diliberately made obvious that tada was manipulating rei into liking him or something like that, or are we just lashing out at him for "being at the 'right' place at the 'right' time"? just curious...man, i wish i could be fluent already...
actually, we are just inferring. it's just that, as graymouse said, he may not clearly say *as yet* that he's making moves on rei, but the thing is, anybody would know of the existing Ken-Rei thing, so it's sorta as if though Tada is concious of their being a "pair", he goes on acting like he does not and of course goes on to "cross" some lines such as what is to happen in episode 7. and that makes him, well for me at least, a "villain" of sorts.

-edit-

@joeboygo - honestly, i didnt see those as such. he was being too warm and familiar with them at most, for me anyway. well, i dont really know. i'm a girl so i won't really know if a guy is subtly checking someone out ahahah.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 23rd, '07, 05:48

yeah, 20 is the comming of age age in Japan. :)

aatm

Post by aatm » May 23rd, '07, 05:57

are you talking about
the marriage going through without Ken marrying Rei, and us having a sort of cliffhanger ending kind of like Kurosagi, then a season two with Rei realizing the mistake she made and maybe having her do the timeslips?
ところで、誕生日おめでとう!
Graymouse wrote:a new theory....perhaps.....

You know I am feeling a little better now. Why I didn't think of this before I may never know. .........back into the spoilers again.
You know....this might actually be good for Ken and Rei. Perhaps she should dabble a bit with Tada and see if she can love a boring math teacher who is 6 years older than she. When Tada fails her expectations (which I hope he does in the next couple of episodes) Ken will be right there to catch her as she falls and then she will realize that she should be with Ken.
Well, tis after midnight here in Japan and its finally May 23rd my birthday. Ugh! I think its time for me to go to sleep. Talk to you all in the morning!

aatm

Post by aatm » May 23rd, '07, 06:15

by the way, i don't think anyone replied to this but
if you were Rei, and you know how you felt that day, and everything that happened, then when getting the picture developed, seeing Ken in the background there, wouldn't you think that meant something? I think that's one of the most painful things I've seen in this whole drama so far. We all know that Ken's just had the worst luck and has always been just one step behind Rei's feelings, but to see it in a photo is just...i dont' know...different for me. *shrug* I don't know...if I had a hard emotional rollercoaster of a day, and crashing and burning because I didn't think that the person that I loved cared about me, but to see in a picture that he was there, and did care (you can see it in his face...like, his whole body even)
...wouldn't that account for something?

and i still find it strange that there was no comment from tsuru, mikio, or eri about it, and no look from ken to rei or from rei to ken...no comment on it at all. i think that's what provided most of the shock value for me.

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » May 23rd, '07, 06:37

@Luna - the cast of "kekkon dekinai otoko" are old.. No teens in it but it is genuinely funny. :D

Wow the thread came alive!

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 23rd, '07, 07:05

pwner4once wrote:
lychee87 wrote:to tritochjay

WOOT I am so glad that i can still understand some chinese. I found the chinese sub group about 6 hours ago on the FAQ page. I finished both eps. 5 and 6... didn't understand 100% of the eps since I have trouble reading chinese but it seems like Ken is having trouble with timing... >_> Out of all possibility, why does he have to go at the wrong time! ARRUGGH!! I also hate Rei's shyness toward admitting that she truly loves Ken. Why can't she simply leave the letter she wanted to give him in junior high on his desk... T_T depressing!
lol even tho i didnt get to watch ep 6 at all, i get to read all the summary of ep 6 in a site (forgot wat site) believe it or not i was so hypo readin it cos finally i get to know wats goin on ins ep6 but later on i was frowning :cry: how could this beeeee waaaaa
but its just a drama right, it'll turn fine soonn :-)

mmm u lucky, i'm chinese/cambodian i dunn understand or read chinese so bad luck for me, i am currently watching DRAGON ZAKURA has Pi n Mas in it hahah it sure does take the pain of P.S. away =D

twl

Post by twl » May 23rd, '07, 07:28

SOMEONE HELP ME!! 24 hours after watching episode 6, i am still feeling terrible and depressed! and watching this whole show make me....
過去は戻りたい!!!

@lunargen
yea! 二十歳(20 years old) in japan is something really BIG! Like someone said earlier, is like coming of age! They really take it as a very special occasion and do celebrate it more than any other birthday!
Maybe rei spending her 20 yrs old b'day with tada did make hell lots of difference!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » May 23rd, '07, 07:50

twl wrote:SOMEONE HELP ME!! 24 hours after watching episode 6, i am still feeling terrible and depressed!
i highly recommend watching feel good dramas. they're the only ones i find that works for a drama induced depression ehehe. try watching hanayome to papa. its such ROFL. and i was watching kawai fumito's (a guy from ABC, a johnny's junior group) impersonations too XD XD
his impersonation of matsujun, among others, was really really good. XD XD

belleza

Post by belleza » May 23rd, '07, 08:01

try watching hanayome to papa.
Oh that dad is SO adorapsychoable. I hate him so much in the most loving way!! :D

I'm starting to realize that, while Ichihara Satomi has Amanda Bynes-esque upside as a comic actress, too much Satomi is WAY too much Satomi. If she can tone down the hyper, maybe have a 3rd or 4th middle gear for her rapid fire Japanese, she'd be the next Ryoko Shinohara. This girl's just born to do neurotic office comedies! :D
SOMEONE HELP ME!! 24 hours after watching episode 6, i am still feeling terrible and depressed! and watching this whole show make me....
過去は戻りたい!!!
And I'm going to have 2 more weeks to get depressed. Yay me. Bleh

twl

Post by twl » May 23rd, '07, 08:30

try watching hanayome to papa.
Yup, i am also watching hanayome to papa! I was a satomi fans since the days of H2, which is my fav drama of all time!!! She was really GREAT in it....! But for hanayome to papa... u watch it.. laugh, end! nothing else.... purely comedy! Proposal Daisakusen make u remember what you watch and make you think and think and think the whole day....!

But at this rate, no matter how depressing Proposal Daisakusen is..... it most probably will end up as one of my all time fav drama, it might even knock H2 off top spot!

aatm

Post by aatm » May 23rd, '07, 08:43

you could just rewatch the first few episodes to get you in that feel good mood again. =) or if you don't want to over do the ProDai, then maybe HYD, Gokusen, Nodame Cantabile, or NwP.

I loved Ishihara Satomi in H2. She really made that drama for me. To me Hanayome to Papa is a little disappointing. I don't know her cast-type, but her HtP character is a little too bubbly for me. I like her in N's Aoi though.

Anyways, I'm counting down to Monday...hopefully there'll be a ray of light through the gloominess of ep6...otherwise I'll need to find a support group. =)

おやすみなさい

theJade

Post by theJade » May 23rd, '07, 08:44

Hi all,

I'm new to this conversation but I've been lurking around for quite a while... I really enjoy this show but there are some things I wanna bring into discussion so here I go...

Time traveling stories never really quite work out imo and this one is no exception. They're usually filled with too many holes, inconsistencies, and what ifs. Howevver, I've learned to accept this and thus, brushing all this aside, what do you guys think happens to `past ken` the moment `future ken` takes over? And the moment `future ken` leaves the body? Do you guys think it's like a Butterfly Effect kinda thing?

I ask because after having watched episode 6,
what do you think is going on through Kens mind just after the photo had been shot at the end of the ep while he's standing behind the window? I mean as soon as `future ken's` spirit leaves, `past ken's` physical body should still be there right? Wouldn't the `past ken` still have an opportunity to knock on the window and still talk to Rei? Of course, he would probably be pretty confused as to how he ended up there in the first place...

That being said, I'd like to go with the idea that it is a butterfly effect. In which case, Ken can't declare his liking of Rei. Clearly Ken wasn't ready in the past. If he declares his love too early, and `future ken` leaves the body, `past ken` would have NO idea what just happend leading to a whole mess between their relationship with possible detrimental effects. Could you imagine? One moment he's like, "Rei, I really like you" the next he's chanting..."MY BODY IS GLAMOROUS". (Assuming the series of events in ep 3? I am guessing that `past ken` did attempt to propose to Cameron but was shot down.)

Based on all this, he can't "propose" to her yet. My prediction is that the turning point will be during the scene in which Rei tells Ken that he doesn't understand a thing, or sometime around there. Just a prediction -_^.
Opinions? Comments?

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 23rd, '07, 08:59

theJade:

I LOVE time travel movies/tv shows. As long as they are consistent in themselves, than that is fine enough for me. I think "past" ken is aware of what has just happened. Maybe he thinks "wow, that was very forward of me" or "that was a bit out of character what I just did", but I don't think it's like "where was I for the past day? Did I black out?"

And that scene, yes it defiantly will be the turning point in the show. I'm looking forward to it. :)

twl

Post by twl » May 23rd, '07, 09:05

@theJade and ur butterfly effect theory
I think you have a point there. Why didnt ken enter the room and say something? I guess he must be blur the moment future ken leaves his body, but he might come back into terms a while later and got to scary to confess to rei. So he might end up going back without meetign rei to fix that thingy...

But looking at episode 2, with the Coffee Milk, ken did really fulfill his promised the next day by getting Rei her coffee milk...!

And the scene where rei say ken doesnt understand anything had been repeated a few times in the past 6 episode. I wonder what 'period/time' will that be!
[/spoiler]

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » May 23rd, '07, 10:00

I don't think it will end in a depressing manner though.
I think its a happy ending but then of course, there must be depressing stuff along the way to make the ending more sweet. XD

twl

Post by twl » May 23rd, '07, 10:57

The hardsubs for episode 5 are out!
Finally a lot of people will get to watch THE SCENE!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully then we will be able to move away from the sad and depressing episode 6 for a while...............