NEW MISS JAPAN!!!

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
kozumifan

NEW MISS JAPAN!!!

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 13:09

WOW!! i was soo excited last night when she won!!!

what do u guys think?? i like the Brazilian one too xD :P

dgintor

Post by dgintor » May 29th, '07, 13:28

I quickly googled her, she's not that pretty, kinda ugly I may say for a miss universe.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 13:34

Yeah she wasnt that pretty but i really liked her dress xD

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » May 29th, '07, 13:57

Anybody got a picture of her.....

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 29th, '07, 14:10

miss japan/universe (that would be awesome if there were hotter aliens though i'd totally cross the species line), riyo mori

not that i watch these things, but i don't think it's ALL about beauty...right?

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 14:16

here it is

she's not that ugly

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 29th, '07, 14:18

where are you guys getting ugly from?

cassiopea

Post by cassiopea » May 29th, '07, 14:19

I only saw the last 10 minutes of this, but I thought that she was beautiful. And she seems to have a really fun personality which came across even in the short time I saw her (I also liked that she, unlike all the other girls speaking with a translator, paused after each sentence to let her translator do his thing. I felt bad for the other translators who had to shove their way in to give translations)

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 14:26

lol yeah i dont really think she's ugly... and yeah i love her personality and the speech she gave... :-) i kinda felt bad for miss USA people were booing her :-(

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 29th, '07, 14:29

Miss USA got booed? LOL why?

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 14:32

idk maybe cuz she wasnt white or blonde, i think she was mixed because she was born on panama :/ now im not sure about that

someone! correct me if i'm wrong!! :crazy:

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » May 29th, '07, 14:36

i was rootin' for miss korea(honey lee)...but she messed up during the interview thing i think^^;
i'm glad it's miss japan though... go team asia! hehe

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » May 29th, '07, 14:37

ruisu wrote:Miss USA got booed? LOL why?
she fell during the night gown part ^^;

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 29th, '07, 14:39

aw man, who boo's for that? i thought it'd be for something political...that cancun crowd sounds tough

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » May 29th, '07, 14:43

i know... i felt really sorry for her...esp. during the interview part.. they were booing her before she answered the question... but she just ignored it and even said good night/buenos noches to the crowd

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 29th, '07, 14:45

ahh yeah, that musn't be fun. sounds like she was in hostile territory.

blow360

Post by blow360 » May 29th, '07, 14:47

She is hot!!!

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » May 29th, '07, 15:02

She's not.. that pretty. =/

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 15:04

yeah i liked honey lee too!! she was soo pretty xD and i loved her smiled but i didnt like her speech too much :/

chiyuffie

Post by chiyuffie » May 29th, '07, 15:23

I am kind of surprised Miss Japan won. Last year's Miss Japan was a LOT better than this years. I was kind of disappointed. This year's Miss Universe isn't as elegant as last years. Her walk was weird and I don't know...she doesn't exude that Miss Universe quality. I'm glad an Asian country won the crown though, but I thought Brazil was better. As for Miss USA, that was really sad. Those were loud Boos. Honestly, I don't think she should have made it to the top 5, but maybe she got the sympathy vote. Then again, USA is always in the top five.

ap0stat3

Post by ap0stat3 » May 29th, '07, 15:54

i'mNOangel wrote:Anybody got a picture of her.....
Here :

Last year's Miss Japan was a lot better...

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 29th, '07, 15:59

yeah congrats to miss Japan... though honestLy she's not that... err.... gorgeous that a miss U shouLd be...

homeboi19

Post by homeboi19 » May 29th, '07, 16:05

Top 5

Venezuela--Korea--Brazil--US--Japan
ImageImageImageImageImage

MISS PHOTOGENIC (Philippines)

MISS CONGENIALITY (CHina)
Last edited by homeboi19 on May 29th, '07, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » May 29th, '07, 16:07

dgintor wrote:I quickly googled her, she's not that pretty, kinda ugly I may say for a miss universe.
I wouldn't mind a quicky.

NJunNuity

Post by NJunNuity » May 29th, '07, 16:32

dmaechan wrote:
she fell during the night gown part ^^;
They actually booed her because of the whole immigration and deportation situation the U.S. has with Mexico and other countries; it's mainly Mexico though.

On another note, I personally think all the contestants messed up during the Q&A part. None of them gave really good answers, especially considering how easy most of them were.

yieebo

Post by yieebo » May 29th, '07, 16:46

doesn't really matter :argue:
Last edited by yieebo on Jun 2nd, '07, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.

kazuto2000

Post by kazuto2000 » May 29th, '07, 17:16

among the three finalists I like Miss Brazil the better...

I wonder why :P

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » May 29th, '07, 18:42

she looked like a transexual.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » May 29th, '07, 19:16

You mean New Miss Universe...I wanted someone to fall during the evening gown but I guess I must have missed it..she handled the situation well though, she was like trying her best to smile when they booed her..The only thing I like about Miss Japan is that she's a ballet dancer...I laughed so hard when I saw Miss Korea's name..so cute yet thats totally an invite for guys to use lame pick up lines on you

P.S..Miss Universe taught me something new..I never knew a country named Slovenia existed before this

zibla

Post by zibla » May 29th, '07, 19:37

well she ain't ugly but she isn't pretty either an i agree she is ugly for a miss universe been so many more that's like 10 times prettier

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » May 29th, '07, 19:48

OvertheRainbow wrote:P.S..Miss Universe taught me something new..I never knew a country named Slovenia existed before this
How could you? It's outside the US continent... :mrgreen:

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » May 29th, '07, 19:50

I think that she won because of the final question. The others either didn't answer the question or gave an answer written from a movie. She was the only one who gave a reason for her answer, about saying the things she learned from her teachers in dance. The others, there answers didn't seem to be as sincere.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 19:56

i think so too, the other ones gave the an answer that everybody expected :/ but Miss Japan was sincere when she said what she said :P

Sakado

Post by Sakado » May 29th, '07, 20:01

Not the cutest, but not ugly either. Q&A part is seriously the worst during miss contest. Most of the answers feel like prefab script, no sincerity or depth.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 29th, '07, 20:02

ive been waiting for a thread to start about this, i was surprised someone didnt make one yesterday...

well yeah Japan deserved to win, they were so close last year, i really like last year's Miss Japan, well this year's Miss Japan was phenomenal, she owned the stage, her walk was awesome, she walked so confidently, she did everything to catch the eye, she was very beautiful also and had a nice body, so cute, very pretty...

did you guys see when the final five were strutting, Miss Korea was about to strut but then they announced 'These are the final five' and so she had to go back...

I really didnt think that Miss USA, should have gone on to the final 5 because i didnt really find her that beautiful and plus she fell, so minus the grace, i did find her perky and cute but thats it she looked like a little girl, i think that either Angola, India, or Mexico, any of them could have taken her place better yet...

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 20:07

yeah i liked the Brazilian one and the korean one but i didnt lile the Mexican and the Venezuelan! idk why but i think japan deserved to win cuz she was GREAT! the bikini walk and the night dress too.. she was really confident :P

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 29th, '07, 20:11

There's already a thread. http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48960

Maybe somebody merge?

Anyway, as I said before, I think when it came to raw beauty, Korea was ahead of Japan this year. I just can't stop thinking that the winner owes a lot to the buzz Kurara caused.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 29th, '07, 20:38

Superkyle wrote:well yeah Japan deserved to win, they were so close last year, i really like last year's Miss Japan

I really didnt think that Miss USA, should have gone on to the final 5 because i didnt really find her that beautiful and plus she fell, so minus the grace, i did find her perky and cute but thats it she looked like a little girl, i think that either Angola, India, or Mexico, any of them could have taken her place better yet...
Last year's Miss Japan was amazing. She did a much better job. I thought that she was prettier too.

And well, it's Miss USA. Seriously, when was the last time, there wasn't a Miss USA? It's biased, really.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 29th, '07, 20:47

i know that seriously sucks...

theres like two possible reasons why she got booed:

1) its political, we know that some of Mexico does not like USA for all the past **** thats happened and the whole immigration issue, if it was b/c of that i really wish they hadnt booed her then because they began the immigration debates last year so that might hurt the immigration debate...

2) its fixed, we all know that the pagent is owned by US mogul Donald Trump, and Miss USA went on to the next round even though she fell, she should not have made it to the next round because she fell.... have any contestants that have fallen on the stae gone onto the next round?

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 29th, '07, 21:00

I think they booed her because USA got into the Top 5 but Mexico didn't, and I believe there is a great desire among Mexicans to beat the US, which is true for any country bordering on a much grander, much more powerful country. The second reason was that Miss Mexico didn't fall, so the conclusion that Miss USA simply had to advance to the Top 5 to keep the people in the US watching makes a lot of sense. The same thing happened last year -- Miss USA wasn't especially pretty, but she advanced to the top 5 so that the viewers in the US wouldn't switch of the telly before the conclusion and would be kept interested in the competition for the following year.

Miss Universe seems to have become very politically motivated. I think it's already considered less prestigious than Miss World because of this. Although it's always good to see non-Latin, non-white women win (because Latinas and white women have pretty much always won in the past if you care to look it up), it seemed a bit forced this year.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 29th, '07, 21:23

true true, but i didnt really like last years Miss Universe 2006, she didnt really take my breath away...

when i think about a Miss Universe, i think about a gorgeus beauty that can take my breath away...

but those Miss Universe pagents cant do that for me, but damn i dont think that any of them are ugly, wow some people really go overboard, maybe average but not ugly after all this is a Miss Universe (Beauty Pagent) Pagent...

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » May 29th, '07, 21:32

dmaechan wrote:i know... i felt really sorry for her...esp. during the interview part.. they were booing her before she answered the question... but she just ignored it and even said good night/buenos noches to the crowd
lol, no she didn't. she said "Bonus Nachos! May he go?"

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » May 29th, '07, 21:38

20centuryboy wrote:
How could you? It's outside the US continent... :mrgreen:
Hahahaha :lol

I totally thought the same thing as you guys when USA and Mexico were chosen to be in the top 15..Maybe Miss Mexico is really talented or something but I thought they only put her in there because Miss Universe was being held in Mexico City this year.

I agree with Nea Vanille about the past winners being white or hispanic..I think not a lot of Asians have won because Hispanics and Latinos are more socially accepted for lack of a better word. There are tons of hispanic people in the U.S so we as a nation are accustomed to seeing hispanic/latino people....just how Spanish is offered in practically every school while Asian languages rarely offered and there's always people saying "You should learn Spanish..you will need it in the future"..I really dislike spanish, probably because I was forced to learn it, so I hate the fact that people keep telling me to learn spanish because I have NO interest in it whatsoever. I do not find the language pretty at all. I told my teacher I was going to live in Asia and he said "Aren't there Spanish people in Asia?".

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 29th, '07, 21:42

Most of them are very gorgeous, so that makes it even harder to objectively pick the prettiest. I'm not sure how, among 77 or what the number was perfect 10's you can pick the best without letting biased opinions lead you or overlooking quite a couple of gems.

I thought all of them were beautiful, but just a few were pretty..bleh. The ugliest was probably Miss Nigeria...

"Grrrr, gonna bite off your %$Y#&#!!!"
:lol :lol :lol

Pretty bad was also Italy...

Looks anorexic.

Apart from them, though, everybody was beautiful.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 29th, '07, 21:46

InTr4nceWeTrust wrote:
dmaechan wrote:i know... i felt really sorry for her...esp. during the interview part.. they were booing her before she answered the question... but she just ignored it and even said good night/buenos noches to the crowd
lol, no she didn't. she said "Bonus Nachos! May he go?"

HAHHA now that's funny xD :lol :w00t:

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 29th, '07, 22:00

Italy had a pretty face but she should try not to suck it in, or she should eat some more...

I thought Mexico was pretty except that i thougth she had an unusually long forehead...

Angola was like super duper gorgeous, or at least the tv made her look that way, can someone post up her pic...

off topic:

i speak Spanish... and English and im pretty enthusiastic to learn Mandarin which is being offered in my school... over the rainbow in what part of the USA are you living in? because even here in Kansas the middle of nowhere, Spanish, Mandarin, French, German, Japanese are offered, the same in California, well if you live in LA i understand b/c most of the funds go into buying more security stuff so they cant really afford many different language teachers and spanish can be taught by anyone that speaks it, its not that different than English, virtually the same except for the ñ and ll... its a shame that when i speak in spanish you wont find it 'very pretty'

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 29th, '07, 22:34

Here's some videos of Miss Angola. http://www.missuniverse.com/delegates/2 ... oseup.html

I think she looks beautiful and elegant, she would've made a good Miss Universe.

Oh, and I personally thought the half-Asian Miss Norway was just so cute!

But I can understand why she didn't make it that far, she is definitely more cute and pretty than she is stunning and beautiful. I guess I just have an especially soft spot for half-Asians.

yieebo

Post by yieebo » May 30th, '07, 00:04

it's all a waste :wub:
Last edited by yieebo on Jun 2nd, '07, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

blueseeker

Post by blueseeker » May 30th, '07, 00:13

I have to say that i liked her dress and attitude but Korea was much prettier and honestly i think Brazil should have won.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 30th, '07, 01:20

A candidate that quite puzzles me is China... is it just me, or is she not pretty at all? There are many girls in our DA Photo thread who I think are prettier than her.

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegates/2 ... oseup.html

I wonder why they didn't pick a more beautiful girl.. they have 1.3 billion people, so the number game dramatically favors Chinese women, yet embarrassingly both Miss Japan and Miss Korea were a lot more beautiful than Miss China (well at least to us with more or less Westernized tastes). :unsure: If anybody on here is Chinese, do you think that Miss China would be considered extremely beautiful in China?

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » May 30th, '07, 01:28

eh, she looked ugly when being interviewed. she looks better at other times.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » May 30th, '07, 01:39

I am Chinese, and I was a bit puzzled on why they chose her too. I live in America but I visit China almost every summer and I definitely think that there are more beautiful women out there. I don't think Miss China was pretty at all, but she is not ugly either. Eh, there could have been better choices.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » May 30th, '07, 01:45

maybe because they were trying to not be too superficial and picked her because she was a very nice person that wasn't ugly

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » May 30th, '07, 01:46

To be a contestant for Miss Universe you usually win a competition in your home country first. So Miss China (PRC) like her looks or not, beat out a bunch of other contestants in her home country in talent and qualifications.

Superkyle, I'm afraid wherever you live is above average. MOST, I would say the overall number of school districts and public schools in the United States will offer a 2nd language in the traditional items like French or Spanish only. More so in Spanish than any other language. Why because Spanish is something that is practical like it or not in this day and age and country make up. Some districts might start offering say Chinese, or regional languages depending on the region, but I would say the OVERALL number will only offer 2nd languages in Spanish or the traditional french of course.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 30th, '07, 02:07

I think the interviews are a good way to measure their beauty, because there is relatively little opportunity to fake your beauty when giving an interview. With photos, you can achieve results that look completely unlike the real person with a smart angle, make-up, photoshopping etc. and with staged appearances on the catwalk, a lot is done with the lighting and the fact that they rarely feature a real close-up of the women's faces. Even though you can cheat a little during interviews that feature close-ups of your face, in my personal opinion there is less room for it compared to videos and staged catwalks, and thus I feel those interviews more accurately present their real beauty. Miss China would probably look better if she had chosen a different hairstyle in that interview, though. Obviously, I am not a technician, a photographer or any other kind of expert who'd know for sure, but it's just my feeling. It actually doesn't matter anyway, because even on very good shots of Miss China, I still think that I've seen more beautiful Chinese women.

I don't think she's ugly at all, but somehow she's not in the same league as Miss Japan and Miss Korea (at least to us Westerners, it might be different for Chinese people). I find it a little suprising, since I do not think that Chinese women are uglier in general, and they have a huge advantage over Korean and Japanese women in terms of numbers, so I just wanted to know if maybe Miss China representend a special beauty ideal in China since I do not know much about China and Chinese ideals. I therefore hope that I'm not offending anyone as I am merely curious.

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » May 30th, '07, 03:56

Im sorry but i do not think that miss China is pretty at all... in fact i think Miss Hong Kongs (I not sure if its related to Miss Universe) are much prettier than her. Probably out of the 1+ billion people in China, people who watch Miss Universe is real little, and people who think that wearing swimsuits and exhibiting their bodies is good is even lesser. Winning Miss Universe (or even Miss Universe China) is probably not their "American Dream".

Just want to say that... Miss Norway is real cute, but maybe in that picture only. haha.

Miss Universe isnt just about being pretty i guess. If thats so. I'll vote even Ayumi over the Miss Japan.

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » May 30th, '07, 04:25

Néa Vanille wrote:Most of them are very gorgeous, so that makes it even harder to objectively pick the prettiest. I'm not sure how, among 77 or what the number was perfect 10's you can pick the best without letting biased opinions lead you or overlooking quite a couple of gems.

I thought all of them were beautiful, but just a few were pretty..bleh. The ugliest was probably Miss Nigeria...

"Grrrr, gonna bite off your %$Y#&#!!!"
:lol :lol :lol

Apart from them, though, everybody was beautiful.
I thought miss nigeria was pretty i liked her better than miss tanzania...I didn't like china at all or i think it was norway or switzerland (which ever had the blonde...she looked weird to me) and I thought miss japan was pretty and that she brought some attitude to the miss universe pageant instead of the same boring people they have win every year. I especially loved when she was showing off her evening wear I think she deserved Miss universe and I think Korea should have at least been in second place
Last edited by BxLibra on May 30th, '07, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

remoted

Post by remoted » May 30th, '07, 04:47

Congrats to Japan :). I wasn't particularly fond of her though. India and Tanzania caught my breathe away .

going sort of off topic
Being filipino......It's the third time in a row (since I started watching the pageant) Phillipines got the title most photogenic 0-0 :

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » May 30th, '07, 05:00

Did you see Miss Universe 2006?!
WOW! Talk about hawt!

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 30th, '07, 19:12

I watched it but i didnt like her, i think the reason i didnt like her was because when she was in her evening gown her hair was slicked back, and it kind of made her head look big, i really wanted Japan to win last year...

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » May 30th, '07, 20:55

Miss France was damn ugly too, their was a big fuss here because the girl who came second was much more beautiful but... deaf.

kayone

Post by kayone » May 31st, '07, 17:23

Miss USA was booed by a mexican audience in protest of immigration laws.