[Discussion] First Kiss

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
jump

[Discussion] First Kiss

Post by jump » May 18th, '07, 11:43

New drama by Inoue Mao :cheers: for "月9" (Getsu 9)

Title: ファースト・キス (FIrst Kiss)
Time: Monday 9pm
Cast: Inoue Mao, Itoh Hideaki, Hiraoka Yuta, Abe Sadao, Gekidan Hitori, Takenaka Naoto

information : http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pu ... 7-137.html

Synopsis : Inoue takes on the role of Mio, a selfish brat. Because of an incurable illness, she lives in the U.S. for medical treatment, but she returns to Japan to visit her older brother (Hideaki Ito), whom she has been separated from since their parents' divorce. She discovers that he's become a good-for-nothing, employed at a show bar and fallen into debt. (from drama wiki)

aj2005uk

Post by aj2005uk » May 18th, '07, 14:40

This sounds like another good drama to watch (I love romance J-Drama's), plus the lead role is no other than Inoue Mao :cheers:

Can't wait :D

arabian

Post by arabian » May 18th, '07, 15:24

Yatta.. it seem that the drama will be great specially with Inoue Mao..I love this girl..

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » May 18th, '07, 18:11

i wanna watch this... has it aired already?

just_candy

Post by just_candy » May 18th, '07, 18:25

oh no~ an incurable illness??? i hope it doesn't end up being tragic! :pale:

but yeah, i'm looking forward to this...inoue mao! yay!!!

aj2005uk

Post by aj2005uk » May 18th, '07, 19:25

@ dmaechan: The drama will be aired on July 9th (unless it changes)

shui chan

Post by shui chan » May 18th, '07, 19:33

It's sounds good!
Inoue is very good and I want to see her plays in a outhr series than hyd~

Whan will it be aired? =)
I hope soon!

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » May 18th, '07, 19:33

aj, thanks for telling me...will definitely look out for this..

i too hope it won't be one of those sad stories where someone dies in the end again... but seeing "incurable illness/disease" is usually a giveaway.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » May 18th, '07, 19:41

The title sounds romantic but the synopsis doesn't. Well its a new drama so I guess all of the story hasn't been revealed yet. I just hope she doesn't fall in love with her brother or anything and then they find out they're not actually blood related, etc. I hate those plots the most but they're usually in Korean dramas. I can't wait to see Inoue Mao act like a spoiled brat

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 19th, '07, 09:32

I'll watch this too to see Inoue act like a spoilt brat! But it doesn't sound that exciting from the synopsis. Hopefully more will be revealed as we get closer to the start.

Linh[hyd=3]

Post by Linh[hyd=3] » May 19th, '07, 21:04

wanna watch it !!

aeris0729

Post by aeris0729 » May 21st, '07, 04:20

i cant wait to see this!!its another mao-chan's drama...i hope this will turn out good btw who's her partner???

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » May 21st, '07, 04:23

Hmm, incurable illness...... seems like someone is going to die in this series...

But, I might be wrong. I guess I have to check it out myself when it comes out. :)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 21st, '07, 13:03

yey someone opened a thread for this. anyways, yeah i'm not excited about the incurable disease part! i hate people dying haha! oh wek\ll, i'll still watch this for mao-chan! :lol

her partner's cute! he's in prodai right now! the tall one! forgot his name yuta... i think that's it

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 21st, '07, 15:53

correct me if i'm wrong....

this is the cast, right? :unsure:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » May 21st, '07, 15:59

^ dont think so.. wentz is not in the cast

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 21st, '07, 20:53

oh thanks for clearing that up ^^

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 22nd, '07, 03:52

that's gegege no kitaro. her movie that came out last april :-)

i hope the script is going to be good. this drama is up for some tough competition from hana kimi.

but i hate incurable disease storylines. i just had to say that again haha!

but i can't wait to see mao act as a spoiled brat! it's completely different from makino tsukushi!

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/first-kiss/ <--official website

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 22nd, '07, 10:53

oh right!
Gegege No Kitaro, i hear about this movie a lot, it was a hit ^^

this drama has some tough rivals...
well, so long as Mao Chan is in it, it's a hit to me :)
it's gonna be a leap for Mao Chan playing the entire opposite of Tsukushi Makino, which makes it the more interesting.

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 22nd, '07, 18:48

okay, this is the cast...

^Itoh Hideaki, plays Mao chan's brother

^ Yuta Hiraoka, Mao chan's love interest.

minnilu

Post by minnilu » May 22nd, '07, 20:24

I'm gonna watch this xD~

ehhh...that girl in the left side...she's in Hanayome to papa .....*doesn't like her role in it* but she''s funny xD ...and goooooosh Mao is sooo cut ein that pic >.<

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 23rd, '07, 00:30

Oddly enough, this is the drama I want to see the next season, and not "Hana Kimi" for some reason. I suppose it's because Mao is the BEST up-and-coming actress out there currently, and it'll be interesting to see in another interesting role. Her "King Lear" character was done really well too (or as much as I saw of it until I fell asleep due to the boring plot XD), so I'm hoping this character will pull her out of this Makino stereotype she's been in for a while.

AND plus, this drama is backed a fab screenwriter and a fab director, along with some great actors. :D Good stuff, all in all.

And as an added plus, Hiraoka Yuta is in it, though I'm hoping his role won't be as exact same as the one he played in Kikenna Aneki, which was awful IMO. I'm kinda hoping that it's not a sister-brother falling in love with each other thing either, but I have a feeling it'll be similar to Kikenna Aneki, seeing KA had the same airing spot... ^^;;

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 23rd, '07, 00:39

wow!! new drama!! NICE, im gonna watch this one cuz i love hiraoka yuta!!! specially in tatta hitotsu no koi! he's so cute~~ =[

belleza

Post by belleza » May 23rd, '07, 00:54

This is a TV movie, not a proper series?
And as an added plus, Hiraoka Yuta is in it, though I'm hoping his role won't be as exact same as the one he played in Kikenna Aneki,
Yeah, Yuta is "that actor" you see in your movies and shows, whom you think "you know, that guy was really good in that role", but he hasn't been given the main lead. And he's way, way, way overdue. His style is a bit like Yamada Takayuki, subtle, quietly complex, and he does a good job listening/reacting to his partners.

Yuta and Mao were both cast in Check It Out Yo. They had almost no real scenes together except for a few, and those were nicely done. Very good chemistry.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 23rd, '07, 01:25

i think it's a proper series ryt? XD

i thought they had good chemistry as well! and yuta is cute! i watched check it out yo agen! XD

urgh... i hope it's not that! i don't think it's a brother-sister thing. ito's way too old haha! or maybe i just don't like that kind of stories. maybe if it's kimutaku... XD LOL

i'm also aniticipating this much more than hana kimi. but i'm watching both XD

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » May 23rd, '07, 01:30

I hope it won't...the cast is too good looking to be ruined by a brother-sister romance plot..I used Google to translate the link and I have a theory. Maybe, Mao's character meets Yuta's character in the bar where her brother works..I don't know..google language tools is weird..I tested it with a story I made up into Korean and the translation was hilarious

belleza

Post by belleza » May 23rd, '07, 02:08

i think it's a proper series ryt?
Oh wow, it really is a proper series. It's getting the ProDai spot. AND Inoue Mao gets to die (thus legitimizing herself in the Top Actress category!!) Woohoo!!!!

Wow . . . looking at the people working on this, dang . . . it looks like they're really serious about promoting Inoue Mao as a serious actress. You have the screenwriter of 14 Sai no Haha, Romeo and Juliet, and King Lear. You have the director of Densha Otoko and Nodame Contabile. Seriously look at this cast she's playing against; they're all serious veterans.

Yeah, I don't think there will be a romance between the brother and sister. Uhm, the brother is uhm rather old. :D

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 23rd, '07, 02:17

Oh wow, it really is a proper series. It's getting the ProDai spot. AND Inoue Mao gets to die (thus legitimizing herself in the Top Actress category!!) Woohoo!!!!
LOL! :lol i can't help but laugh at this! is it true though? LOL

i get that feeling too. they really don't want her viewed as another idol or something.

but i hope the script is good! really good! the pressure really is on mao's shoulders XD

i know hana kimi will most probably win in ratings but i hope this drama gets a good review. i still wanna see mao act in more dramas XD

uh...yuta was in prodai and now he's also in first kiss. same "golden time slot" XD

edit

i'm still hoping she doesn't die LOL

brandofbiscuits

Post by brandofbiscuits » May 23rd, '07, 02:19

I'm quite looking forward to this! Yuta and Mao...even happier that Yuta won't be playing the usual friend-of-the-main-character role. The only thing is that I'm not too sure about the incurable disease thing...totally not into that sort of storyline unless it's wonderful like OLOT.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » May 23rd, '07, 02:58

belleza wrote:Yeah, Yuta is "that actor" you see in your movies and shows, whom you think "you know, that guy was really good in that role", but he hasn't been given the main lead. And he's way, way, way overdue. His style is a bit like Yamada Takayuki, subtle, quietly complex, and he does a good job listening/reacting to his partners.

Yuta and Mao were both cast in Check It Out Yo. They had almost no real scenes together except for a few, and those were nicely done. Very good chemistry.
Yeah, *nods* I've seen him in that movie. Watched it mainly for Mao and Yuta really. XD Yeah, they had really good chemistry despite the few songs they had together. I haven't seen his "break-out" first role though, and I really should get to it. LOL.

Again, I hope he does a different act this time around, compared to his "Kikenna Aneki" role... :S Yeah, I'm glad he's not getting the "best friend" role anymore, since he's done it for the past two dramas already (Ai no Rikeuchi omitted - which was a FAB role for him btw XD).

No, maybe not a brother-sister relationship because of the age difference, but what's with it named "First Kiss" and it is slotted into the romance time slot.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 23rd, '07, 03:43

story is mao has an icurable disease ad she needs to have surgery. but there is a possibility that surgery won't work. 50/50 chance. so she wants to experience love and her first kiss since she's never experienced that before as she awaits the day of her surgery. so she goes back to japan and meets her brother whom she's hasn't seen for 10 years. and her brother knowing she wants to fall in love helps her. she falls in love with yuta's character. XD she's a spoiled brat here so she makes her brother's life a little complicated.

i hope the story gets really interesting...

edit

it's supposed to be a light-hearted drama...

with an incurable disease...

go figure...

Magicus

Post by Magicus » May 23rd, '07, 06:00

belleza wrote:
i think it's a proper series ryt?

Wow . . . looking at the people working on this, dang . . . it looks like they're really serious about promoting Inoue Mao as a serious actress. You have the screenwriter of 14 Sai no Haha, Romeo and Juliet, and King Lear. You have the director of Densha Otoko and Nodame Contabile. Seriously look at this cast she's playing against; they're all serious veterans.

Yeah, I don't think there will be a romance between the brother and sister. Uhm, the brother is uhm rather old. :D
Yeah at first I just overlooked this one when I saw the title in this forum a few days ago but then I saw the wiki and my jaw dropped! Takeuchi Hideki is amazing at executing seemingly formulaic plots into really great dramas. Plus you got three of the very best comedic actors in supporting roles (by that I mean comedians who can actually ACT and not just be silly) with Takenaka Naoto, Abe Sadayo and Gekidan Hitori.

To be honest I'm a little worried with Hiraoka Yuuta, he hasn't really struck me as a very charismatic actor in the dramas I've seen him in and I don't see where you are getting the Yamada Takayuki comparison from but hopefully him getting tossed into a leading role will prove me wrong, I'm just happy that it's surprisingly not a johnny's kid for once :D.

I haven't really seen enough of Inoue Mao to form an opinion on her but I assume she'll have lots of material to work with when creating the incurable illness character heh. Ito Hideaki seems a little to old to play a brother to Mao but whatever, he always delivers good performances.

Looking forward to it, hopefully it will add something new to an over done genre!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » May 23rd, '07, 06:22

i was hoping they get Eita instead of Yuuta, but nevermind, as long as Mao's there, ill watch it. however, i believe that more people will watch Hana Kimi. :roll
as for me, my most anticipated drama is Detective School Q with Kamiki and Shida..oops..sorry..off topic! :lol

marion_kie

Post by marion_kie » May 23rd, '07, 06:25

can you guys post a pic of Inoue Mao in this series! :whistling:

belleza

Post by belleza » May 23rd, '07, 07:54

it's supposed to be a light-hearted drama...with an incurable disease...
Yeah, the k-drama "Thank You" was promoted as such too. I laughed so much that I had to go through a tissue boxe by episode 9 huhuhuhuh! :D (Beautiful drama, though. Favorite thing so far this year.)

I *guess* I can see it as a comedy version of Sekachu or Tayou No Uta. Laugh for 6 episodes, cry for 4 episodes, laugh and cry for the finale. Yay!!!
however, i believe that more people will watch Hana Kimi.
Oh Hana Kimi is going to be hella fun. ALL of Johnny's roster is going to be in that one! :D

Ratings for this show will probably be between 10 and 15. Nobody wants to cry on Monday. Our careers are depressing enough! :P
Takenaka Naoto, Abe Sadayo and Gekidan Hitori.
Sadayo with a pompadour = teh sexy!! :D :D I really loved him in Dare Yorimo Mama wo Ai su too, funny and moving.
he hasn't really struck me as a very charismatic actor in the dramas I've seen him in and I don't see where you are getting the Yamada Takayuki comparison from but hopefully him getting tossed into a leading role will prove me wrong,
Yuuta doesn't draw into the wells that Yamada is well known for, but he has a laid-back acting style that quietly betrays conviction.

I'm not sure how the story is going to lay out, but I think the world of Inoue Mao. Just from the standpoint of "acting acting", she may be the most technically talented in her group. Her line deliveries are really a world apart from everybody else -- for me, esp. with Japanese acting, line deliveries are so important for both comedy and drama. Yamada is a genius at messing with his cadence in order to create believable emotional responses and hit the punchlines perfectly. Mao has a similar knack of riding her intonation to kinda make you see the character and not her.

In any case, I hope Inoue Mao dies in a tearjerking fashion, so that she may go to Heaven and win another dang award. I hope Buddha will cast a vote for her too.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 23rd, '07, 09:01

damn incurable diseases!! I hope it's one of those really great shows that makes you laugh so hard even though you are crying at the same time. :)

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 23rd, '07, 09:24

this is really grabbing lots of my interest ^^
not that i'm complaining.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 23rd, '07, 11:56

B.O.N FunSubs is gonna be subbing this. soft subs and hard subs. yay! :D

10-15? i would hope for 15-20 :lol but johnny members do get the ratings :roll
In any case, I hope Inoue Mao dies in a tearjerking fashion, so that she may go to Heaven and win another dang award. I hope Buddha will cast a vote for her too.
LOL XD

tonks

Post by tonks » May 23rd, '07, 16:50

i love mao-chan! I'm so happy she's on another drama! I'm watching Hanadan right now! This one's gonna be next on my list for sure! :lol

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 23rd, '07, 17:09

really? B.O.N. FunSubs?
and both soft and hardsubs?

that's awesome!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 24th, '07, 14:03

can you guys post me up if this drama comes up already? ;) when will it be aired?

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 24th, '07, 14:29

^Try this :3

gelli93

Post by gelli93 » May 25th, '07, 02:05

Yay! Another Inoue Mao drama!...can't wait to watch mao act as a spoiled brat....when will it be aired?...and who's her partner? :D :cheers:
Attachments
matsumoto1.jpg
matsumoto1.jpg (164.06 KiB) Viewed 5884 times

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » May 25th, '07, 02:12

:crazy: that ugly troll again :crazy:

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 25th, '07, 02:30

ugly troll again? who's the ugly troll? :unsure: haha! XD

it's gonna air july9 :-) partner is hiraoka yuuta!

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » May 25th, '07, 02:38

if u mean matsumoto jun.. IM GONNA KILL YOU! [j/k] he's not a troll!! xD

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 25th, '07, 04:44

Hoshiakari wrote:^Try this :3
thanks you for the link ;)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 25th, '07, 04:45

gelli93 wrote:Yay! Another Inoue Mao drama!...can't wait to watch mao act as a spoiled brat....when will it be aired?...and who's her partner? :D :cheers:

whaaa... that is such a cute pic!!! im drooling for jun again. lolz..

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » May 25th, '07, 20:52

the resemblance to jun is uncanny :lol

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 26th, '07, 18:26

seriously man.
Jun is so not a troll.
and even if he is, he is the cutest, most adorable troll there is.

embrace it man. :P

aqatha

Post by aqatha » May 26th, '07, 22:01

really Inoue in a new drama.. waiting to see the drama..

gelli93

[UPCOMING] First Kiss &#12501;&#12449;&#12540;&a

Post by gelli93 » May 27th, '07, 11:14

* Title: ファースト・キス
* Title (English): First Kiss
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Romance
* Episodes:
* Viewership ratings:
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-09 to 2007-Sep
* Air time: Monday 21:00

Synopsis

Inoue takes on the role of Mio, a selfish brat. Because of an incurable illness, she lives in the U.S. for medical treatment, but she returns to Japan to visit her older brother (Hideaki Ito), whom she has been separated from since their parents' divorce. She discovers that he's become a good-for-nothing, employed at a show bar and fallen into debt

Cast

* Inoue Mao
* Ito Hideaki http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ito_Hideaki
* Hiraoka Yuuta http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hiraoka_Yuuta
* Abe Sadayo
* Gekidan Hitori
* Takenaka Naoto

* Screenwriter: Inoue Yumiko
* Producer: Wakamatsu Hiroki (若松央樹), Shikanai Shoku (鹿内 植)
* Director: Takeuchi Hideki

credit: DramaWiki

This post has been edited by yamapiggy-chan: May 22 2007 7 16 AM

--------------------

vanjuve

Post by vanjuve » May 27th, '07, 12:14

there's a thread for this drama already...

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_48564.htm

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » May 30th, '07, 22:31

wow this drama is totally overshadowed by hana kimi kinda feel bad for mao-chan :whistling:

and now they've added yet another pretty boy to the list of cast for hana kimi XD

and pi and toma might be singing the theme song (kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!) pipi!!! i'm looking forward to this haha!

fujitv doesn't give much news out about this drama :scratch:

guccijana

Post by guccijana » May 30th, '07, 22:45

looks interresting, cant wait to see it!! txxxx

marion_kie

Post by marion_kie » Jun 1st, '07, 04:02

ohh!is it true that first kiss will air on JuLU? :O

soooo long to wait huh!!! XD

marion_kie

Post by marion_kie » Jun 1st, '07, 04:02

ohh!is it true that first kiss will air on JuLY? :O

soooo long to wait huh!!! XD

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 1st, '07, 11:44

wow this drama is totally overshadowed by hana kimi kinda feel bad for mao-chan
That's true, but I think the expectations are different. If First Kiss draws an average of about 15, then it was very, very successful. Whereas Hana Kimi has a decent shot at pulling My Boss My Hero/HYD2 numbers. Most likely First Kiss will average between 10-13 a la Tokyo Tower.

Really the key thing is, Inoue Mao's in an show written by one of the top screenwriters in the industry, one who doesn't really write for idol dramas or any kind of slapstick comedy show. It'll probably be a "human drama", meaning the heavier and lighter elements kinda mix up in a more natural, realistic style. In any case, I'd like to see Yuuta and Mao act off each other again; they have good chemistry.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 2nd, '07, 04:27

Really the key thing is, Inoue Mao's in an show written by one of the top screenwriters in the industry, one who doesn't really write for idol dramas or any kind of slapstick comedy show. It'll probably be a "human drama", meaning the heavier and lighter elements kinda mix up in a more natural, realistic style. In any case, I'd like to see Yuuta and Mao act off each other again; they have good chemistry.
i guess you're right! i'm kinda more curious as how the story will go. like someone in this forum said, this is oddly the drama i'm most looking forward to next season. :lol

and i guess with ratings you can't really tell if it will be good or not, since the ratings of the dramas this season are not what people expected them to be. but prodai still holds the top spot? i think?

definitely looking forward to mao and yuta... hope they have many scenes together. and mao acting as a spoiled brat XD

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 2nd, '07, 09:01

and i guess with ratings you can't really tell if it will be good or not, since the ratings of the dramas this season are not what people expected them to be. but prodai still holds the top spot? i think?
Yeah, we're possibly seeing the decline of the J-idol drama, or at least the exposure of anime/manga and junai/"teen love" dramas. HanaDan 2 was the exception because it followed the one formula that seems to always work: surround one likable female heroine with lots and lots of HOT men. :D In fact, you can say that Hana Kimi is kinda like the love child of HanaDan with Gokusen saturation of gorgeous men. I hope Maki-san enjoys her role! :D

But here's another thing to consider. Three of the most popular J-dramas here -- Nobuta, 1 Litre, and HanaDan -- were all released in the fall of 2005. And since that period, I don't know whether any of the stars have been in shows that have lived up to the hype created by them. The exception is Inoue Mao, who hasn't done a series proper aside from the sequel. And, so, this is her turn in the fire.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 2nd, '07, 13:53

But here's another thing to consider. Three of the most popular J-dramas here -- Nobuta, 1 Litre, and HanaDan -- were all released in the fall of 2005. And since that period, I don't know whether any of the stars have been in shows that have lived up to the hype created by them. The exception is Inoue Mao, who hasn't done a series proper aside from the sequel. And, so, this is her turn in the fire.
i guess you're right. i know after nobuta maki's dramas or projects seem to be just :| i don't know about erika though :scratch: but i guess that's always the case. it would be difficult to surpass a really really really good production...

but i guess with mao she has established herself as a proper actress and she kinda gets good roles although sometimes i think she could be overshadowed by idols though. since these days it's all about the popularity and yes hot guysss included in the production XD

but i guess her agency knows what they are doing... they did come out with matsushima nanako hehe! but i feel that mao's exposure level is a bit hmmm... hope she gets noticed more.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 4th, '07, 05:37

i cant wait for this drama and hana kimi...both will do great...i luv yuta, mao and ito so this drama sure will be great...i hope its not too sad and have some comedy too. im glad yuta get the golden slot 2nd time in a row..he really deserve it...he is really good actor and i luv everytime he appear on screen

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 4th, '07, 05:44

yeah... it's really something he got it twice in a row! :lol

i can't wait for his performance.

dramaholic love

Post by dramaholic love » Jun 4th, '07, 13:53

I just can't wait for this drama!! Its not yet aired but people are already giving positive comments!!
I can't wait to see Mao in a new drama.. besides, the plot of the drama is really interesting, i just hope I don't get to see mao die!!

I'm also wondering why its titled first kiss?!!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 5th, '07, 02:04

i read that it's because mao accidentally gave her first kiss to her brother when she was 5 yrs old. :crazy: and then after that her brother said he'll do everything to make her wishes/dreams come true because he took her most important first kiss.

so when they met again, mao's first wish was she wanted to fall in love. (coz she has this incurable disease and is waiting for an operation) and then she meets yuuta's character.

i think that's it haha!

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jun 5th, '07, 03:14

yamapinku-rabu wrote:i read that it's because mao accidentally gave her first kiss to her brother when she was 5 yrs old. :crazy: and then after that her brother said he'll do everything to make her wishes/dreams come true because he took her most important first kiss.

so when they met again, mao's first wish was she wanted to fall in love. (coz she has this incurable disease and is waiting for an operation) and then she meets yuuta's character.

i think that's it haha!
Oh? Where did you read that from?

I'm hoping for a lot of Yuta x Mao scenes too. :)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 5th, '07, 03:34

read it on mao-inoue.com :lol

i hope it's not the brother-sister thing... ohmygod first kiss was your brother kinda :crazy: me haha never expected that!

mao-yuuta scenes :wub:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 5th, '07, 08:39

guess you're right. i know after nobuta maki's dramas or projects seem to be just but i guess that's always the case. it would be difficult to surpass a really really really good production...
Random Maki/Nobuta yapping
Nobuta was itself a really unique project. Then, Maki was more known as a J-horror gal (in fact first thing I saw her in was the Locker), and so they kinda riffed off her Scary Girl persona for the show, right down to the undone hair and weird walk. Nobuta was kind of an idol drama given the "New Wave" treatment. At many points, it seemed like you were watching 3 would-be idols adlibing scenes together and letting the documentary style build the coming-of-age story out of it. And, so, her Scary Girl persona becomes very real and affecting, and Yamapi's pretty quirkiness, consistent with his NEWS image, was a beautiful, romantic fool.

I think her casting for Hana Kimi was pretty perfect; it's her most "Freak & Geek" role since Nobuta. But, it'll be interesting how the female audience reacts to her boy turn. Because of its style, Nobuta largely played like Maki's onscreen connection with Kame and Nobuta; they looked like 3 best friends up there shooting a high school drama together. (And largely that's what I think most Yamaki fans are really identifying with.) Hana Kimi's not going to be like that, so we'll see.
mao accidentally gave her first kiss to her brother when she was 5 yrs old.
Hmm, begs the question: are they blood? Cos if they're not, OMG I've always wanted to see the Japanese Autumn Tale (oh Wong Bin!). . . And if they are, uhm didn't Matsu already do this in a movie? Baka!!!
Judging from this description, this kinda sounds like Taiyou No Uta without the J-pop. I don't know . . . I wish this show could be like Ruler of Your Own World or Thank You, where the disease is just there but not driving the show. And the focus is how she, this brat probably embittered by her disease, lives with it while reconnecting with her brother and Yuuta. A lot of talking (Inoue Mao is so good with the dialogue), a lot of crying and laughing, and a lot of first kissing.

Inoue Mao's vastly underrated with full-on weeping scenes. She kinda has that Korean actress talent for sobbing like crazy while delivering lines smoothly without rushing them.

But I think it goes back to the whole thing about Mao's career. I still see her as a very talented character actress; not necessarily the one that's consistently the lead in J-drama or movies, or who draws in box office by her star. She's too normal, you know? :)
I'm hoping for a lot of Yuta x Mao scenes too.
I really enjoyed Yuta during his season of ProDai. He's really overdue for his first lead romantic role. He'll be terrific opposite Inoue Mao.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 5th, '07, 10:24

Oh yes, I think Yuta is a hottie and he could work really well with Mao's cuteness. Although, I would like to see Mao as a **** as well.

When I first heard about this, to be honest I was like "eh" but it's growing on me more and more and I think I'll have to watch - even if it is just for Yuta :)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 5th, '07, 12:36

Inoue Mao's vastly underrated with full-on weeping scenes. She kinda has that Korean actress talent for sobbing like crazy while delivering lines smoothly without rushing them.
definitely. the scene in hyd2 where she confesses to tsubaki that she still loves domyouji.... :cry: i was crying at that part. :lol
But I think it goes back to the whole thing about Mao's career. I still see her as a very talented character actress; not necessarily the one that's consistently the lead in J-drama or movies, or who draws in box office by her star. She's too normal, you know?
oh yeah definitely. and it's :| coz i would like to see her more in lead roles. she deserves it and she has the talent to prove it. but yeah, for some reason, maybe she's not after the stardom. and she just enjoys what she is doing. her love for acting is really obvious.

but again i would like to see her in more lead roles. :lol be an idol for once mao! haha!

but i guess this is just what makes her more adorable. more real.

hana kimi is giving us shun and maki. how about a yamapi-mao pairing next time then? :lol

Hmm, begs the question: are they blood? Cos if they're not, OMG I've always wanted to see the Japanese Autumn Tale (oh Wong Bin!). . . And if they are, uhm didn't Matsu already do this in a movie? Baka!!!
wahaha! yeah matsujun has done it. but that movie was :crazy: well it's just my opinion, i'm not a fan of the whole brother-sister love. so i am seriously hoping that first kiss isn't like that! pllllllllllllllleeeeaaaaaseeeeee!!!!

I really enjoyed Yuta during his season of ProDai. He's really overdue for his first lead romantic role. He'll be terrific opposite Inoue Mao.
i don't doubt their chemistry. but just hope they give us lots of mao-yuuta scenes. for some reason, drmaas nowadays tend to not have much scenes of the leads together themselves haha! which is mind-boggling. or i'm just too greedy. :lol

i'm just wondering for some reason kdrama romances knows just how to pull it together. they just give you that feeling. i can't explain it. it's something i don't see in jdoramas (romances) and i wish i could see it. and even for tdramas well for example mars and prince turned to frog, and corner with love. in jdormas, i just don't seem to get that certain feeling... but i guess that's what sets jdoramas apart. sorry for the babbling haha!

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 5th, '07, 20:16

When I first heard about this, to be honest I was like "eh" but it's growing on me more and more and I think I'll have to watch - even if it is just for Yuta
I think for me, Yuta's a big selling point for this show. I just want him to see him in a proper lead and see how he does.
Although, I would like to see Mao as a **** as well.
If you've seen Grave of the Fireflies, it's amazing how a little eyeliner can liberate your inner ****! :D I think Mao's born to play a brat -- she totally abused poor Matsu in real life heh heh. Cue ahhhhhhhhhhh :D
she deserves it and she has the talent to prove it. but yeah, for some reason, maybe she's not after the stardom. and she just enjoys what she is doing.
I think the key reason why I see Mao as more character actress is that, to me, she doesn't have that big 1000-watt personality that most idol-turned-actresses have. Most of the lead actresses, through their transition from idol to full-fledged actress, have some kind of star quality, which translates well to CMs.
hana kimi is giving us shun and maki. how about a yamapi-mao pairing next time then?
Yeah, I've been trying to get my head around Yamapi-Mao and I'm still not sure about it. After watching Taiyou No Uta, it really dawned on me how dicey J-chemistry is. I know Sawajiri and Yamada have done multiple projects together, and I love both actors, but their romantic chemistry wasn't there for me.
it's something i don't see in jdoramas (romances) and i wish i could see it. and even for tdramas well for example mars and prince turned to frog, and corner with love. in jdormas, i just don't seem to get that certain feeling... but i guess that's what sets jdoramas apart.
The strength and weakness with J-doramas is that they're very story-oriented. This appeals to male viewers because guys tend to think in narrative (i.e. is the plot interesting or logical? where is story?) However, most female viewers respond to characters; in romantic dramas, however good the story may be, they pretty much live and die on chemistry.

The problem there is that chemistry mostly relies on dialogue. If two lovers have nothing to say to each other, but to look longingly, how are we supposed to believe in their connection? In most Asian dramas -- especially Korean dramas -- we get scene after scene of our would-be lovers chatting, often about stuff that's not that important to the story. They build rapport with each other; we build rapport with them. Then the high drama stuff happens and we get emotionally involved. In a way, a good Korean drama is like watching a classic French drama or New Wave movie. You have longer scenes/takes, people just interacting for the sake of interacting, and you stop caring about the story itself. You just want to know these people.

Most J-drama romances skip that, choosing to develop character through details in the storyline. In addition, the show's shorter length and running time just doesn't allow a lot of extra footage for the couples to have a normal date. Really good acting and/or a really good storyline will connect you with the audience. But if you don't have that -- and often the actors are idols who aren't old enough to play "younger" -- well the director has to pile on the music and the scenery to win you over.

Nobuta wo Produce was amazingly successful, because much of the show just depicted the three main characters hanging out and doing stuff together. There's a story, but it doesn't get in the way of the three actors talking with each other, working together, getting to know each other and growing to love each other.

Ideally, First Kiss would follow this model. Keep the show about the brother, sister, and the prospective hottie. Have most of the storyline be conversations about living with each other, living with this disease, and living without a future. Don't be obsessed with selling the characters through the story; let them be, and believe in the acting.

familyreject24

Post by familyreject24 » Jun 5th, '07, 20:29

This seems very interesting and I'm really interested

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 5th, '07, 22:30

If you've seen Grave of the Fireflies, it's amazing how a little eyeliner can liberate your inner ****! Big Smile I think Mao's born to play a brat -- she totally abused poor Matsu in real life heh heh. Cue ahhhhhhhhhhh
i LOL at this! :lol but it is true. she looked so different in grave of the fireflies. but she looked good! haha! and matsu totally loved being abused XD well, my opinion haha!

I think the key reason why I see Mao as more character actress is that, to me, she doesn't have that big 1000-watt personality that most idol-turned-actresses have. Most of the lead actresses, through their transition from idol to full-fledged actress, have some kind of star quality, which translates well to CMs.
but i like mao better. but i think i see your point :P

Yeah, I've been trying to get my head around Yamapi-Mao and I'm still not sure about it. After watching Taiyou No Uta, it really dawned on me how dicey J-chemistry is. I know Sawajiri and Yamada have done multiple projects together, and I love both actors, but their romantic chemistry wasn't there for me.
awwww... i want to see a pi-mao pairing haha! but yeah at first i doubted it but now i really wanna see if they would have chemistry or not. no one believed matsujun and mao would have chemistry then too :P

ahhhh yes about kdramas that must be it! they always have these totally cute scenes between the leads! hehe! at least someone understood me :lol
They build rapport with each other; we build rapport with them.

Ideally, First Kiss would follow this model. Keep the show about the brother, sister, and the prospective hottie. Have most of the storyline be conversations about living with each other, living with this disease, and living without a future. Don't be obsessed with selling the characters through the story; let them be, and believe in the acting.
true... true... we'll just have to wait and see.
I think for me, Yuta's a big selling point for this show. I just want him to see him in a proper lead and see how he does.
i'm hoping this could give yuuta his big big break.
Most J-drama romances skip that, choosing to develop character through details in the storyline. In addition, the show's shorter length and running time just doesn't allow a lot of extra footage for the couples to have a normal date. Really good acting and/or a really good storyline will connect you with the audience. But if you don't have that -- and often the actors are idols who aren't old enough to play "younger" -- well the director has to pile on the music and the scenery to win you over.
yeah they really do have so short episodes which i love and hate about them. :lol

first kiss has some of the best actors in the industry and i guess that's what's gonna be pulling the audience to them. real acting.

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Jun 6th, '07, 04:25

Hmmm... I was looking through my city's craigslist in search for job postings at the airport and look what I found:
Agency is looking for background performers (EXTRAS) to play passengers, pretending to be at the Los Angeles International Airport (shooting at YVR) for a Fuji Television drama entitled "First Kiss".

We are looking especially to create a more multicultural atmosphere and hope to book many individuals from an African Canadian or Hispanic background.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME, IT IS A SIGNIFICANT BOOKING that pays an hourly wage.

The pay is $10.00/hr with an agency 15% commission (whatever that means)... I wonder if Inoue Mao will be here!??

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jun 7th, '07, 02:31

Mao-chan will be a guest on Doumoto Kyoudai in July... I think around July 9th or something? lol I forgot I'll have to double check after. xD;; I'll be for the promo of her summer drama~

She just filmed the episode yesterday though and she sang Love Story wa Totsuzen ni (theme song of Tokyo Love Story by Oda Kazumasa) in the last karaoke bit part. Oda-san is one of her favourite singers (she introduced his songs to Jun and they watched his concert together with Hanadan staff last winter) so I hope it's all good~^^

thanks to CeeCi!!!

i would think she will be there since she does come home from the US in the story :D