Which Drama do you like best? Korean Chinese or Japanese?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

Which Drama do you like best? Korean Chinese or Japanese?

Korean
35%
Japanese
55%
Chinese
11%

Total votes: 590

CrAcKaJaP206

Post by CrAcKaJaP206 » May 6th, '07, 23:00

I'm Japanese so obviously my vote goes to J-Drama's. I've seen my mom watch some K-Drama's but serious love drama's are not my cup of tea. Plus i grew up on J-Drama so it's only natural.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » May 6th, '07, 23:03

Korean Dramas ^.^

Lady Bell

Post by Lady Bell » May 6th, '07, 23:23

K-dramas. Although I also watch a fair share of j-drama, especially when I'm not in the mood for a romance show. (Seriously, are there *any* k-dramas that aren't romance-focused? Because I've never encountered one.) I really struggle trying to get through most c-dramas and tw-dramas though. Too many episodes where nothing happens or the smaller plots from previous episodes *of the same show* repeat themselves.

My sister loves tw-dramas though. ^^

missatralissa

Post by missatralissa » May 6th, '07, 23:30

my #1 is korean. i like the powerful lead females, and the plots will usually keep me interested longer.

though have loved a lot of japanese dramas, i feel i've kinda grown beyond them.

as for Taiwanese, i admit they're a bit more low scale, but they can still be hilarious and have GREAT actors. i LOVED Hana Kimi, and i'm really enjoying Summer x Summer.

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » May 6th, '07, 23:42

kdrama. Its hilarious! everyones personality is out of this world is odd.

plus, korean men. XDXD

kunornadia

Post by kunornadia » May 7th, '07, 10:37

I like Korean drama the best.Here are the reasons:
1) Korean actors and actresses are very good looking.
2) They wear beautiful clothes in dramas.
3) Their dramas are always funny and interesting.
4) Soundtrack

My second choice is Chinese.
Japanese dramas are my last choice because some of them are quite boring eventhough they have good looking casts.

KinkyToast

Post by KinkyToast » May 8th, '07, 19:12

I prefer Japanese, but that could be because that's what I study

DMPA

Post by DMPA » May 27th, '07, 08:28

Korean all the way, well, and Taiwanese too. I'm not a big fan of japanse dramas although i LOVE the language and the culture. I love K and T -dramas and movies simply cuz they go up and down the emotianal scale and i like to cry (but shh, it's a secret) and i love romance, so finding a sad romance drama or movie is like finding a treasure chest filled with treasures for me lol.

oh! totally forgat!!! also because most of the actors and acteresessses (however u spell it) are super duper good looking!! (Especially the handsom devil in my avatar) XD

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » May 27th, '07, 09:21

I dun like korean drama, kdrama pointless...i need something different not just sum sad love **** or same plot different storyline >.<, i used to like korean drama (cos i like romance) but after u watch it a while its like WAT DA...its da same, it only grab ur attention for like the first few chapters and later on its just borring? =S
They're so uncreative, its like okay Monday lets make the girl main character die and tuesday lets make the same story...but the main character guy...dieeee in a car accident! (kdrama i like n r not pointless i would say my name is kim sam soon)

I dun always like TWDRAMA, too childish sometime and they're also pointless and whats up with those bloody anime expression and ****? it aint comedy to me its stupid!!!! fair enough they have it onces in a while, but now i see them in almost every Twdrama! but for sure Twdrama do have some good stuff i like (bump off lover, prince who turn into a frog, mars)

Jdrama...hmm I think sometimes its to animish but they do have good drama and they get straight to the point (i like) n theyalso try to make things different, sweet n short. which i like...but i dun always like their drama though. (I like Proposal Diasakusen (however u spell))

Cdrama...yeah its kinda borring...but there is some that ish good and if u like those flyin ppl and kung fu n stuff hell yeh u like it (return of da condor hero is me fav, i find it interesting)

hahaha so basically i only watch what's good

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 28th, '07, 14:50

jdoramas!!!!

Pink Rose

Post by Pink Rose » May 28th, '07, 14:57

I prefer Kdrama
most of them have great cast and the osts are amazing :thumright:
Jdrama there are some great ones but they can't beat Kdrama :D
never seen a chinese drama so I can't judge them

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » May 28th, '07, 15:06

Before i was like a k-drama and c-drama freak nut now i have found a new love J-dramas omg it's just soo much better and it has more reality in it and the romance are also really romantic,and omg have you seen the j-actor and actresses?they are HOT!!! :P

angelic.me

Post by angelic.me » May 29th, '07, 02:19

Hm.. Well I watch mainly chinese dramas but I would say Japanese are the best. They short and are usually the best dramas you can watch. They really nice.

haezi

Post by haezi » Jun 6th, '07, 06:20

K-Dramas!!!

I've seen my share of J-dramas (love alot of Kimura Takuya's works and I thought Nobuta wo Produce was hilarious) and they don't focus too much on love, which is refreshing. Very well-paced, usually great acting, different shooting angles, and not so much sap or plot recycling.

T-dramas like Meteor Garden, Hana Kimi, Devil Beside You are fast-paced and really interesting, not deep but they feed into my more juvenile fantasies, but as the other users said, the acting and overall production is a little low-grade (although it's quickly getting better) and most of the more interesting pieces are based on Japanese mangas.

C-dramas have the best action, hands down and cool costumes. I thought Chinese Paladin was great just because of the main actress. 'Nuff said.

K-dramas are no longer just the simple triangle love affairs with leukemia as a common crutch that writers rely on to bring forth tears. The newer dramas are very refreshing and I think the acting is great as well as the music. For those of you who are loosing faith in K-dramas because they recycle their plots (and star lookalikes), try deeper heart-felt, suspenseful, or just simply hilarious dramas such as "Thank you," "War of Money," "Alone in Love," "Dalja's Spring," (most are on youtube or veoh if the torrents here aren't working). This is my plug for k-dramas since the number of downloads are appallingly low on this site (maybe they use clubbox?).

kHOkHOPUffS

Post by kHOkHOPUffS » Jun 6th, '07, 06:32

hmm korean & japanese
korean: im korean and i personally, well, the dramas i watch have cute boys! :) and i love, love dramas and they make alot of those
japanese: fun! and cute! totally different stories so it makes me interrested in them

planodrama

Post by planodrama » Jun 6th, '07, 06:34

Chinese Drama. I guess it includes hkdrama (my favorite). They are more interesting and exciting :cheers: .
Especially when the main character is developing his skills and meet stronger opponents.
Wuxia is THE best. :D

AfricanBean

Post by AfricanBean » Jun 6th, '07, 20:14

Japanese dramas, no contest. I started out on Korean dramas but I really couldn't get into them. They really didn't spark much, if any, emotion in me.

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jun 6th, '07, 20:27

Japanese Dramas becuase im used to them and its my way of being myself and my favorite admirations in Japan.

lilxchinesegrl

Post by lilxchinesegrl » Jun 6th, '07, 20:28

Japanese dramas.. they're fast paced and usually seem really passionate about what they're doing

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Jun 6th, '07, 20:32

For me, it was always chinese dramas ever since I grew up. Hehe but recently, I got into kdramas too. So I guess it's both chinese and korean dramas for me. :)

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Jun 6th, '07, 20:36

khmai_kandi22 wrote:For me, it was always chinese dramas ever since I grew up. Hehe but recently, I got into kdramas too. So I guess it's both chinese and korean dramas for me. :)
Chinese and Taiwanese... because I can understand them.

JDrama are good, but they are over just a bit too quickly. And I can't watch too much Kdrama because I cry way too easily already when I watch and episode of Kdrama, I sink into depression for a couple of days.

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Jun 6th, '07, 20:38

I was watching both Korean and Japanese doramas.

I watched some Kdramas, that started really good and were great but as they progressed they died down with progress in both story and character development. Also I'm pretty sure that most all of them deal with a love affair/love triangle/tragic love. It just got too boring and didn't interest me any more.

I then continued to watch my Jdoramas which were sometimes cheesy, lovie dubbie, comedy and fun to watch. The story's are more well presented and are 9-13 which is well enough for a drama series not to drift off. They too do the love story but its not draggingly told as Kdramas.

But thats just my experience with both.

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 6th, '07, 20:48

haruhi-san wrote:Japanese Dramas becuase im used to them and its my way of being myself and my favorite admirations in Japan.
cannot be biased :P
lilxchinesegrl wrote:Japanese dramas.. they're fast paced and usually seem really passionate about what they're doing
nickname sound like chinese girl but really like Jdorama (Japanese drama).. yup, I agree, usually I think Japanese drama are very good to watch
lanodrama wrote:Chinese Drama. I guess it includes hkdrama (my favorite). They are more interesting and exciting :cheers: .
Especially when the main character is developing his skills and meet stronger opponents.
Wuxia is THE best. :D
this also I agree, usually I watch wuxia (kung fu drama) because the story plot and the fight are really interesting... especially Jin Yong novel adaptation.

I watch many drama Taiwan drama, Chinese mainland drama, Hong Kong drama, Japanese drama, Korean drama, Singapore drama, Malaysian drama... really addicted to drama... and I could say there are so many good drama.. and so the bad drama.

for K-drama like Full House and My Girl... really nice to watch the story plot really interesting.

C-drama like Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 and all Jin Yong adaptation also really nice to watch.

T-drama like ISWAK, yup it's also nice..

HK-drama like Heart of Greed also nice..

but I think Japanese drama is the best, because I really like live-action drama, the boys hairstyle also like manga character, YAMAPI as the lead actor really good like in Kurosagi.. Japanese drama always make you think what life is.. hehe 8)

cassiopea

Post by cassiopea » Jun 6th, '07, 20:51

I enjoy Japanese dramas for well crafted stories and tawainese dramas for plain fun and craziness. I have a hard time with Kdramas. I'm a big fan of stories and characters, but not of drama, if that makes sense. I often love the beginings of kdramas, but then get tired of the endless melodrama that happens before everything gets wrapped up. I would say that kdramas are too long for me, but I've watched longer tawainese dramas and enjoyed them. But those tend to be so light and frothy that you can't take them too seriously (though I know that there are serious twdramas as well, I just don't tend to watch them).

But then, I'm very superficial in that I prefer to have a happy ending or I end up being depressed and sad for days.

I haven't seen any mainland Chinese dramas or hkdramas, but they sound good (as long as they end happy). I'll have to try one soon.

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 6th, '07, 21:00

cassiopea wrote:I enjoy Japanese dramas for well crafted stories and tawainese dramas for plain fun and craziness. I have a hard time with Kdramas. I'm a big fan of stories and characters, but not of drama, if that makes sense. I often love the beginings of kdramas, but then get tired of the endless melodrama that happens before everything gets wrapped up. I would say that kdramas are too long for me, but I've watched longer tawainese dramas and enjoyed them. But those tend to be so light and frothy that you can't take them too seriously (though I know that there are serious twdramas as well, I just don't tend to watch them).

But then, I'm very superficial in that I prefer to have a happy ending or I end up being depressed and sad for days.

I haven't seen any mainland Chinese dramas or hkdramas, but they sound good (as long as they end happy). I'll have to try one soon.
life is not always end good.. K-drama try to create a fantasy, yup I agree some K-drama not all, in the middle, its like pointless, feels like watching only a filler, but usually character are handsome..

Do you watch Ichi Rittoru no Namida (One Litre of Tears).. true story, well although it ends reallly sad but the girl character deserve to be respected as she have done her best in life. Really though girl (a must watch.. really good drama) :thumleft:

It make you think what life is... :lol

AfricanBean

Post by AfricanBean » Jun 6th, '07, 21:23

malay_tiger wrote:life does not always end good
I've honestly gotten tired of all the various drama endings where they try to force an "everyone suddenly dies from a rare illness" ending because of some notion of being 'realistic'. Frankly, I don't care whether an ending is happy or sad, as long as it fits the drama itself.

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 6th, '07, 21:33

AfricanBean wrote:
malay_tiger wrote:life does not always end good
I've honestly gotten tired of all the various drama endings where they try to force an "everyone suddenly dies from a rare illness" ending because of some notion of being 'realistic'. Frankly, I don't care whether an ending is happy or sad, as long as it fits the drama itself.
honestly, I am more to story plot..... no matter the ending is sad, happy, crazy or sometime like not ending like Kurosagi..

live-action drama always capture my heart.

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jun 6th, '07, 21:59

Japanese drama

Farah_UK

Post by Farah_UK » Jun 6th, '07, 22:22

Hi, this my first post..been reading the forum for a while and finally decided to join in.. :-)
I have been watching k-dramas for almost five years and just started watching j-drama (well just HYD and one litre of tears)..so I would say j-drama..though maybe I should watch some more..
Just want to ask you guys which dramas do you think have the best acting..j-dramas or k-dramas..because for me after watching HYD I must say that j-dramas acting feels better and real..

phramc

Post by phramc » Jun 7th, '07, 14:37

Japanese all the way. The dramas themselves are so much better quality (though kdramas are pretty good too). I love the actors, the plots. Everything is number 1. Jdramas always make me so happy. Kdramas are like a little stiff...I don't know how to explain it. I've only seen like 4 so I can't judge much. Cdramas and Tdramas aren't as good of quality and I usually can't get into them.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Jun 7th, '07, 15:10

A long time ago, I posted that I like both japanese and korean dramas equally. After watching more and more of japanese and korean dramas, I come to discover that watching Japanese drama is liking being on acid. Nothing wrong with that. There are many over-exaggerated acting, it's more like watching a live-action anime. Personally, I'm not a big fan of anime.

Korean dramas are decents, but at times can be so repetitive.

I like Japanese drama, but at this point I think I prefer Korean drama because it's more realistic. When people cry, they cry normally.

lemoneko007

Post by lemoneko007 » Jun 13th, '07, 11:48

Hmm...now I like J-drama better than Kdrama. SOme time ago I think I love kdrama more. I think lately kdrama have been "full house-ed"; the hero and heroine usually start off with fights and bad relationship..and then progress to lovey-dovey mode and so on. I think somehow kdrama is attached to trend, like sometime ago they had sad-ending trend like Full House/Autumn Sonata....Well, the story is usually still good, but not so appealing anymore for me.

While jdrama, yes sometimes the acting is exaggerated, but i like the twists in the drama, unexpected endings, play of words (sometimes even hard to understand) and different kind of theme.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jun 13th, '07, 15:10

I think what we need is a mix between J and K dramas.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Jun 14th, '07, 12:16

I like all three :P

I love funny korean drama and some touched drama
I love dorama because of dorama isn't too long (most of them only 11 eps or 12eps). And some of them are really good.
I really love Wuxia drama hehehe

Chronokinetic

Post by Chronokinetic » Jun 16th, '07, 05:38

C-Drama usually has more plot and more reason behind a character's actions while i realize that in K-drama the characters just act upon emotion and randomness and not much logical reasoning behind events. In a way, to me K-drama is too childish while C-drama is more rational and mature. Therefore i tend to enjoy C-drama much better. As for J-drama, i haven't seen many so i don't have an opinion on it

Frendyonline

Post by Frendyonline » Jun 16th, '07, 06:30

Chronokinetic wrote:C-Drama usually has more plot and more reason behind a character's actions while i realize that in K-drama the characters just act upon emotion and randomness and not much logical reasoning behind events. In a way, to me K-drama is too childish while C-drama is more rational and mature. Therefore i tend to enjoy C-drama much better.
I agree!!!

yamapi22

Post by yamapi22 » Jun 16th, '07, 09:25

definitely japanese... coz they have a wide range of genre..

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jun 16th, '07, 10:03

I don't watch Cdramas so I can't speak for that genre but as far as Jdramas and Kdramas go, I'd definitely pick Jdramas anyday!

Kdramas were the reason I started this little drama obsession in the first place, and I've seen a fair share of them. But after a while (when all the good dramas are already viewed), you just get really bored of the lack of storyline, predictability, and repetitiveness. And I get so tired of every Kdrama being about love. For example.. Goong which was an okay drama in my opinion, was very predictable and suffered from a case of bad acting. I don't know how it was able to attract so many people, but the story (interesting at first) became dull and just too long which dragged it all downhill. One thing about Kdramas that really bothers me is how the "heroine" of the story starts out as a sassy likable girl, but as she falls in love, she turns into a fragment of herself. She's no longer spunky or cute, but just kind of pathetic and whiny. Then again, maybe I'm just scorned for life after watching Prince's First Love.. the WORSE drama ever period!

Jdrama are the best! It's the only dramas I watch now. Like most people said, I love how Jdramas provide a wide variety of genres to choose from. And I found myself liking almost every type of genre. I love the romance of Hana Yori Dango 1&2, the mystery of Kurosagi, the school life problems of Nobuta wa Produce, and the real human aspect of 1 Litre of Tears. They get to the point (sometimes making me wish it was longer than 9-11 episodes). The story is also deep and has universal themes. Yes, sometimes there is exaggerated acting, but I'd rather have that than bad acting anyday. But there are a lot of dramas with good acting. Hana Yori Dango 2 had some of the best acting I've ever seen in any drama, whether it be Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or Taiwanese.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but I just personally prefer Jdramas :lol !

Lalami

Post by Lalami » Jun 22nd, '07, 16:46

I prefer Japanese (simply cause I love everything Japanese) and Korean (there're lots of them about love :wub: ) dramas.

Though there's one bad thing about Korean and Chinese ones................. - I can't understand a word and it's kinda irritating. :crazy:

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 27th, '07, 06:34

First of all, why is Chinese last? If it was in alphabetical I wouldn't mind but if you were to back that and say that you were just putting the order like it is in the main page.. BUT if you were doing that then Japanese would be first and NOT Korean.. not to be rude or anything >.>;;

Anyway.. I like Taiwanese and Japanese dramas. Some Taiwanese dramas are really crappy (no offense) especially "Prince Turns To Frog". That movie is very low-budgeted and poor quality. Also, I don't see why a lot of people think the main guy, Ming Dao, was so cute when he looks like an Indian guy that can speak mandarin fluently! Japanese dramas are okay.. I like them because they are short and they aren't draggy.

NOW, the reason why I do not like Korean dramas. It's because every Korean dramas are so cliche. The same things happen EVERY time and it's very annoying. (for example: one of the main character has an illness, gets into an accident and has a memory loss, dies at the end, moved away from childhood friend and there's always ALWAYS a love triangle.)

Mostly the love triangles are: (<3 means both side like each other)

1. boy likes girl <3 boy
2. girl likes boy <3 girl
3. boy likes girl likes boy<3girl
4. girl likes boy likes girl<3boy

Last but not least the one in
MY GIRL :

5.. BOY LIKES GIRL<3BOY (ANOTHER GIRL LIKES THE BOY)

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » Jun 28th, '07, 12:33

J-Drama

Japanese has more storyline variety!

angel333

Post by angel333 » Jul 1st, '07, 21:10

If I feel sad and want to cry I always watch the last episode or a movie of Korean production. Acctually after that you feel much better. When I want to laught Taiwanese and Japanese dramas work

STR8UPGSTATUS

Post by STR8UPGSTATUS » Jul 5th, '07, 11:29

Korean and Chinese definitely.
Korean, I don't really have a reason, just like/love it.
Chinese, because I can understand. :)

itsjenny

Post by itsjenny » Jul 12th, '07, 10:56

Chinese, definitely.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jul 12th, '07, 11:17

at first, when I started with drama I thought, I'll only like this japanese productions, but later on I found myself more addicted to the korean ones. But they are just a little space ahead of the japanese.
After them the taiwanese come.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 12th, '07, 14:32

Korean dramas by a long shot. Jdramas may have more variety of genre, but it's irrevelant to me because I only like one genre - love/romance. Taiwanese are also like this (I don't now about Chinese - I've never seen one) and I like those too. But I don't know a lot of the popular Twdramas so I don't watch a lot since I don't know which ones are good. But they help improve my Chinese. Jdramas come last. They are boring to me and not addicting at all. Then again, I've only seen Gokusen and Hana Yori Dango so I know my judgment is poor.

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 12th, '07, 14:51

i only watch jdramas.

namedx

Post by namedx » Jul 12th, '07, 14:53

I like all three!!! I'd never be able to pick a favourite, because I have favourites in all Taiwanese, Japanase and Korean type dramas!

Frendyonline

Post by Frendyonline » Jul 12th, '07, 15:08

Scarface wrote:Ive never seen a good chinese drama, ive watched a few and have been turned off completely, watched a few new ones and a few set in the old ages, both were bad. dont ask me what they were called because I cant remember, i dont know if they were chinese/hk or taiwanese
You should go after the wuxia types shuch as ROCH, LOCH, Tian Long Ba Bu, etc...

Li-Mei

Post by Li-Mei » Jul 12th, '07, 15:08

I really like all three.

I like some Korean dramas because of the humor and it's easy on your eyes. Although some stories are kind of cliche while other actors are painful to watch (picked more for their looks than their skill). I also get tired of too much repetition within a group of dramas.

Japanese dramas are also good because the language is easy to latch onto and most of them get to the point (hence, the series are shorter) but sometimes I find them to be too cheesy and some of the characters seem unrealistic.

I'm okay with Taiwanese dramas. In the beginning most of them are good but towards the middle and end, some of them lack substance. Er Zuo Ju Zhi Wen is the only drama that I liked watching and the other ones were okay. Sometimes I can't stand the "evil" vs. "good" characters and some of the acting is exaggerated.

Deedlith

Post by Deedlith » Jul 12th, '07, 15:27

I definitly prefer Korean dramas over the Japanese, though there's more genres when we speak about japanese dramas, i usually find them a little bit too serious for me. When it comes to comedies, I find that, apart from school dramas that are usually well done I'm not having as much fun with japanese comedies dealing with adults compared to their korean counterparts. There is generally more funny circumstances and the way they simply behave makes it more natural to me.
I also hate the fact that in Japanese comedies or dramas, you always have moments when they start phylosophing about their lives making huge lessons on how you have to see your life or whatever, though you find also this in korean dramas, I find the way they put it is usually more subtle. Ah, and last thing, I just find that koreans are way better on screen for love stories, they really take their time in showing how people's feelings change, something japanese can't do because of the length ( usually between 9 and 12 ep).

For action dramas and historic ones, again I've not seen a lot of japanese one, but the few japanese i've tried to see bored the heck outa me so I've never managed to finish them. However when you speak about Korea, Damo was just outstanding and more recently Hwang Jin Yi and Jumong were just the best dramas, and more generally shows I've ever seen in my whole life.

Korean dramas are also longer so I tend to grow more attached to the characters ^^ I've recently fallen in love with the character of Go Eun Chan in the "First Shop of the Coffee Prince" surprising myself of waiting impatiently for next week episodes knowing that as a watcher i'm really what you can consider the patient type... I usually watch shows three to four months afterthey've been aired...

When it comes to sad stories though, Japanese and Korean dramas stand on the same foot, I still have a slight preference for the koreans because they're usually less tragic than japanese and I hate bad ends ( well I know "Autumn Tale", "I'm sorry I love you" and " A love to kill" were really dreadful on that point though).
However my favorite drama in that genre is japanese : Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu which was simply breathtaking, definetly one of the most moving drama I've ever seen.

Finally, speaking about chinese shows, i've never watched any, only taiwanese and I never managed to finish a single one even though I can tell you I've tried. I've tried to watch countless manga adaptations ( I've been a huge huge manga fan for more than 8 years now so I'm always happy to see drama adaptation :P ) from Taiwan. Actually they're so respectful of the general storyline that it gets boring. I mean there are just things you can put in a manga but not in a drama as it would make it whether too slow, too long or too cheesy.

Well, maybe one day I'll change my mind, but korean dramas are definetly my favorites ^^ the guys are also much more handsome so that's it

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

PS: I mean look at Hyun Bin come on isn't he a hottie?

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 15th, '07, 01:57

I watch all three but prefer J-dramas.. then C-dramas then K-dramas.. K-dramas tend to go on and on forever for some reason at all... however I've started watching Coffee Prince and I really like it so far :D

But for the most part I like J-dramas the best

hpete

Post by hpete » Jul 15th, '07, 02:10

obviously YAPAN/Japanese !!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

check this out:
www.otaku-cafe.com

homemade

Post by homemade » Jul 17th, '07, 23:22

japanese and korean...

japanese
1) short
2) funny

korean
1) funny
2) great storyline AND different
3) beautiful actors/actresses (not always the same lead)
4) nice picture/view
5) stylish/fashionable
6) great music

nandasmith

Post by nandasmith » Jul 26th, '07, 13:40

I have to vote for Korean!!!

I don´t know why...I just love them..I started watching Japonese, but when I found out about korean I got addicted...

amz_dreamz

Post by amz_dreamz » Jul 26th, '07, 14:00

i vote for Japanese

coz it short, direct to the point, funny and have great OST

another reason may be the impact of manga n anime when i still young :mrgreen:

hackerz

Post by hackerz » Jul 26th, '07, 14:11

amz_dreamz wrote:i vote for Japanese

coz it short, direct to the point, funny and have great OST

another reason may be the impact of manga n anime when i still young :mrgreen:
agree agree

I add more.. + really good actor/actress + really interesting story plot + there are soooo much anime/manga lovers all around the world :lol

I like Japanese anime/manga since I was very young and it feels good! :-)

melon chew

Post by melon chew » Jul 26th, '07, 18:10

I pick Japanese dramas just because that's basically all I watch.
But also, I feel that Korean dramas get somewhat repetitive with the love triangles and whatnot. Not that Japanese dramas don't have them but I feel that they have so much more variety to choose from instead of just love/romance. Also, I think I can find more fun Japanese dramas than I can with Korean. Korean dramas tend to lean on the serious side at the end.

Chinese dramas are... well horrendous. I can't say that I've watched many Chinese or Taiwanese dramas but when I tried, I find myself wanting to fall asleep. Terrible acting, tacky and repetitive story lines, the list goes on and on. My biggest beef though (this is probably more directed towards Taiwanese dramas) is that they always have the same leads. Rainey Yang and Mike He. Good lord, find some new people!

emsheezy

Post by emsheezy » Jul 26th, '07, 18:23

Wuxia Chinese DRAMAS are the BEST! I've tried to watch a ancient martail art kdrama- i didn't like it.

apartofmylife

my impression

Post by apartofmylife » Jul 30th, '07, 14:53

I like J-drama the best...maybe just because I am Japanese...maybe more than that.
I want to write my impression with dramas from the three countries.

1. K-drama....I think K-dramas are kind of like nice old J-dramas. K-dramas have been quite popular in Japan for the last couple of years or maybe longer especially among people who are over 30 or so. I only have watched a few episodes of "Winter sonata" and "Full house" so maybe I should have seen more to say my opinion, but anyway my impression is like this. They are draggy, but personality of casts develops slowly and firmly, which is good, I think. Also they are longer than J-dramas these days. J-dramas used to be twice as long as these days. The quality is good, I think., so if story-lines are more unique and interesting I would enjoy them.

2. C-drama...I have never watched C-dramas... Please let me talk about TW dramas...I have only watched TW-dramas...." Meteor Garden "and "Hana Kimi" , but I couldn't finish of the these two...I think the main reason is I don't understand Chinese...I watched them with English Sub and I understand English to some extend, but.......Hmmm.......
Oh...Aside from Language, I have one thing I don't like . TW producers just cut a whole drama into the number of the episodes. so I don't really get what each episode is trying to say or each episode doesn't have addictive ending.

3.J-drama...Some are really good, Some are really boring!
I like J-dramas because they are short but many are straight to the point, I love plays on words, each episode has good ending that makes me want to watch the next episode ,and the main plot doesn't complete until the final episode but each episode has a plot and it completes well within the episode which doesn't make me irritable. Also funny moments are really funny.

I am very sad that I only understand Japanese and English. If I understood Chinese and Korean, I would enjoy their dramas more. I really like plays on words. I usually watch J-drama with English Subs. Sometimes I am very frustrating to them. Well , it is just difficult to translate into English! I love Fun subs because they try to explain what the Japanese means. I really thought so when I watched HYD. The drama has many plays on words, especially Doumyouji. He sometimes speaks really stupidly stupid funny Japanese and I love them!

Anyway, basically I think we like dramas from our own country and that is good! because they make dramas for their country, right? Of course it is very nice people from other countries also like them! I would like to try to watch dramas from other countries!

Gen Noka

Post by Gen Noka » Jul 30th, '07, 15:03

I think japanese dramas are more diverse and I do prefer the look (cast, setting, etc). Plots too

-sumire-

Post by -sumire- » Jul 30th, '07, 15:06

My favorite j-drama is Hana Yori dango 1-2
my favorite tw-drama is : it's stated with a kiss
and my k-drama is kindegarden love please I need more Peers for this wonderfull drama please Have pity for me and send me more peers for the download please

thx

animelovers2

Post by animelovers2 » Jul 31st, '07, 16:23

I love Japanese Dramas but it pains me to get into them because the ones that I catch on TV aren't subtitled, thus I have to download them and find subs and stuff...It's all very tedious and quite annoying!!! Still...I can't help but watch!!! Damn my cable company for not providing English Subs!!!

Marilyn
A.K.A.
animelovers2

boa258

Post by boa258 » Aug 1st, '07, 15:10

i like japanese the most cuz i can understand almost all XD
but i'm a korean fan too ^^ *currently learning XP*

i dont like to much chinese the sound is not pretty for me, i find the sounds kinda awkward or annoying, many of my friends can speak mandarin or Cantonese but i still dont like ><i>_<
thats why i dont like taiwanese or chinese dramas except for iswak and devil beside you cuz those dramas are just too good to care about the language XD

Maeks

Post by Maeks » Aug 1st, '07, 19:19

I think Japanese ones are more high-quality over the others, and there's more variety in the type of story. Plus there's the added bonus of understanding more than just "Anyeonghaseyo" when I watch Japanese shows. And there's more of a talent pool there with a variety of actors/tresses that Korean shows at least don't seem to have as much of (As in I see the same people 4 people playing parents in every Korean show).

I still like Korean shows, in fact, I liked Korean shows first, but after more exposure to Japanese dramas, I just think that they're better on the whole. Besides, once you've seen one Korean drama, you've basically seen them all (I mean, how many times can you go with the different class/love story theme?)

I'm not big on any of the Chinese/Taiwanese/Singapore/Whatever dramas all that much, some are good, but they mostly are just kind of...well...bad, to put it bluntly. Well, maybe not bad, but they usually seem rather amateur in both production and acting, although there a few gems out there.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Aug 1st, '07, 19:31

I voted for japanese dramas because I feel the acting is better! I am really enjoying this summers dramas to many to chose from! Especially, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and Hotaru no HikariImage

Dirge

Post by Dirge » Aug 1st, '07, 20:08

i think japanese drama is the best.. why ? donno :)

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Aug 1st, '07, 23:18

Cammie wrote:I voted for japanese dramas because I feel the acting is better! I am really enjoying this summers dramas to many to chose from! Especially, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and Hotaru no HikarI
I have to disagree. I find their acting over-exaggerated at times.I do like j-dramas, but I'm leaning towards Kdrama because of the subtleness.
I like the newer korean dramas, everything is subtle and realistic. It mirrors real life to a certain extent.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Aug 2nd, '07, 02:25

nophankh wrote:
Cammie wrote:I voted for japanese dramas because I feel the acting is better! I am really enjoying this summers dramas to many to chose from! Especially, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and Hotaru no HikarI
I have to disagree. I find their acting over-exaggerated at times.I do like j-dramas, but I'm leaning towards Kdrama because of the subtleness.
I like the newer korean dramas, everything is subtle and realistic. It mirrors real life to a certain extent.
Thats OK! its only my opinion.... lol I feel that K dramas some what have the same plot? I can figure out whats going to happen next. TW dramas I feel are the ones that over exaggerate alot! Now, on the opening of first episode of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Japanese version) Please pardon the foolishness...Image So I do expect it.

Its only my preference that I like Japanese drama more. I respect your opinion nophankh! Image

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Aug 2nd, '07, 02:55

Cammie wrote: TW dramas I feel are the ones that over exaggerate alot! Now, on the opening of first episode of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Japanese version) Please pardon the foolishness.
Maybe I'm watching the wrong kinds of j-drama because I'm usually watching the teen dramas, so everything mirrors anime or manga characters. I don't think I've ever watched an adult j-drama. I like ISWAK, but I try watching other TW dramas and I just can't stand it. TW do exaggerate their expression a lot.

I'm currently watching coffee prince and jdrama hanakimi and I like them both. Coffee prince is funny and subtle while hanakimi is really goofy. I find some characters in hanakimi really annoying like the OSCAR character, and the gay guy and also the doctor and his stalker photographer.

what I like about Kdrama is exploration of the human character. From start to end, you see the characters grow as people and develop relationships among the people around them. I don't find that in J-dramas, the characters are stagnant. I might just be me. ??

kyoshin

Post by kyoshin » Aug 5th, '07, 09:34

well I just love Japaneses drama.

just maybe there something about it that I really love.

but still there always some j-drama that is not that good.

dante_tha_don

Post by dante_tha_don » Aug 5th, '07, 15:58

Jdramas because they are the funniest in my opinion. In almost every dorama you can find some really funny scenes that make you laugh and it is important for me.

BlueStar000

Post by BlueStar000 » Aug 6th, '07, 20:48

personally myself, i really enjoy watching jdrorama, it just something about it hat make me want to watch more and more.

i really don't like watching kdrama though, everytime i try i just can't finish it, it seems like it is the same storyline, girl likes guy, guy don't like her back, guys friend fall for girl, guys get jelous, blah blah blah. although i do like watching 'wonderful life' and 'goong'

still jdorama rulz

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Aug 7th, '07, 06:44

Although I started watching KDramas first, I tend to lean more towards JDrama. I find them both entertaining to watch, but I like JDramas more because I'm studying the language, and there's more than just love involved. Even though KDramas tend to be similar, some writers/directors can present it in a way that is different from most, and those are dramas I tend to appreciate more.

I haven't watched any CDramas, only TWDramas, and that's only because they were based off manga. They were tolerable, but not as good as the original.

Kimy07

Post by Kimy07 » Feb 29th, '08, 22:14

i say KOREAN DRAMA :D
because i can understand the language and the actors are usually rly hot >< :wub:
and yeah, korean dramas are ALWAYS about love ( which rocks )
and... hum.. i think, its only my opinion, that Japanese dramas are... kinda childish??
u know wut i mean... :roll
korean dramas are more serious.. i guess???? :lol