[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jun 7th, '07, 05:02

malay_tiger wrote:wowwwwwwwww so many spoilers... :O

I also got one.. 8)

don't open this spoiler if you don't want to know what will happen next in Proposal Daisakusen.. :P

finally they got married but Yamapi and Maki --> YAMAKI??? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
When I clicked on the spoiler.. it had me ROFL :lol !!! Haha too funny!
I am also a fellow Yamaki supporter! And if you didn't know (I'm pretty sure this is confirmed and not just a rumor) Kurosagi MOVIE to be out next year starring our lovely Yamapi and Maki! http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-1175 credit to yamapinku-rabu for posting the link on the Yamashita Tomohisa thread.
I totally agree with lunargen. I'm completely biased when it comes to Yamapi.. so sorry to Masami fans but I don't like Rei or the actor playing Rei :glare: .

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 7th, '07, 05:43

SmiLeeGirl wrote:Alternate ending idea
Well I like Greymouse's alternate idea about tada getting irritated with their closeness and making rei mad -- although he doesnt look like the type to be hot headed like that

Alternate ending idea 1 - highly unlikely but fun sounding ...

So I was thinking MAYBE he'll time slip to the wedding -- you know how they include pictures from the wedding ceromony in the reception vids.

THEN he does the whole -- interupt the wedding and run off with the bride -- leaving everyone shocked.. Although that seems a little scandalous for a Japanese wedding...

Alternate ending ideas 2 - not as fun but I am hopeful.
Maybe ken will be sad and depressed somewhere becomes after all that time slipping she is still going to get married -- rei will show up unexpectedly/ without the engagement ring to profess her love for him. So the big "thing" that happens suprisingly comes from rei....

What do you think???
Ha! I love these ideas.

I agree the first one would be a bit too scandalous in Japan but I would LOVE to see that.

Here's another speculation
Rei does get married, but then as she is getting ready for her honeymoon she realizes she made the biggest mistake of her life.

And she wishes she could do it over... and so she ends up timeslipping to stop herself from saying yes when Tada proposes!

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Jun 7th, '07, 10:12

cgme wrote:
Rei does get married, but then as she is getting ready for her honeymoon she realizes she made the biggest mistake of her life.

And she wishes she could do it over... and so she ends up timeslipping to stop herself from saying yes when Tada proposes!
Oooo thats a good one
Can you see the fairy now "OK - I give up after 10 tries. Should have listen to all the other faries when they told me "don't send the guy to do the job ... when you can send the girl!!!"

Just kidding I love yamapi
PS -- Hey guys - check the board cause some says that a Kurosagi movie is confirmed :thumright: :wub: :clap:

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 7th, '07, 14:49

fellow overanalyzers, the softsubs for ep 8 has just been released ehehehe

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jun 7th, '07, 14:53

Am watching episode 8 raw now. I must say, this Ken does indulge himself in being sad! I think there was a line somewhere about how guys like to act as though they are starring in a tragedy! He sure is.

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jun 7th, '07, 15:06

In the preview for episode 9, you do hear Ken's voiceover say:
Don't marry him. Marry me. The problem, though, is that since there is no accompanying scene, we have no idea if he manages to actually say that to her, or if he's just thinking it. Who knows.

Either way, it looks like we'll finally get to the source of why Rei says to Ken, "You don't understand at all" in that flashback we've seen until now in which she wears all white.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 7th, '07, 15:51

ladymurasaki wrote:Am watching episode 8 raw now. I must say, this Ken does indulge himself in being sad! I think there was a line somewhere about how guys like to act as though they are starring in a tragedy! He sure is.
hehehe because, in almost every aspect, it is a tragedy. :lol

and yeah, i think that "marry me instead" line might not be directed to rei... or so they lead us to believe... :D

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 7th, '07, 16:28

dont worry... drama series like this always end up with a happy ending!

last episode will definetely be Ken sitting next to Rei .. lol.. you can expect this to happen ;)

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Jun 7th, '07, 17:49

THere is still 3 episode. Episode 9 with timeslip. But episode 10 and 11 wil be in present so. I think in episode 9 there will be a big change.

godmode

Post by godmode » Jun 7th, '07, 18:05

can someone tell me the name/artist of the punk song that was played in the car?

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Jun 7th, '07, 18:51

fans group band sang mongol800's song n_n
youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9niyLLr_BQ

it's song "small love" from band group : Mongol800

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Jun 7th, '07, 19:59

fujitak wrote:THere is still 3 episode. Episode 9 with timeslip. But episode 10 and 11 wil be in present so. I think in episode 9 there will be a big change.
Maybe episode 9, 10 and 11 are all connected to the same time slip.

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Jun 7th, '07, 20:28

Track Listings
1. Japanese
2. Song For You
3. Japanese
4. Melody
5. Japanese
6. For Life
7. Summer Again
8. Hey Mommy
9. Marriage Blue
10. Japanese
11. Japanese
12. Dear My Lovers
13. Japanese
14. Dandelion
music 'ep 2 & 8 : Chisai Ai no Uta (small love song)
e2dk link for message album : [url]ed2k://|file|Mongol_800-Message_by%20NO%20JUSTICE%20NO%20PEACE.rar|93820754|B63BB7F07ADE69F51276DE7F5F77031A|/[/url]

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 7th, '07, 21:10

Honestly this was another episode where I thought Rei and Ken were both being idiots.
Okay, Rei's stupid game playing in this episode really irked me. Pay close attention to how she tells Ken about Tada. It was actually her trying to find a safe way to confess to KEN. If you translate from Rei to English you pretty much get, "Ken I'm dating Tada. He's really straightforward and I like him. I loved you, but I was always to shy to confess and played stupid games till I turned twenty. I'm telling you I loved you now because I'm being selfish enough to use Tada as a safety net in case you still don't step up. Now aren't you going to stop me?" I honestly don't believe she had any other motivation for telling Ken that she had loved him there. When the feeling is gone, you don't bother telling them. She's still playing the same games, despite her talk of moving on.

Ken's response is that he's given this enormous chance and once again is too oblivious and scared to confess. While I expect his character to be too dense to realize that this was a really bad and selfish confession from Rei, he's no longer the Ken of that time who doesn't know the consequences of not telling her his feelings. It's not like he doesn't already know that she's gonna date Tada. He's known it from the first timeslip that if he doesn't express his feelings for Rei that she'll definitely marry Tada. At that moment he doesn't have anything left to lose by saying, "I always loved you too." I'm starting to think the fairy is right about Ken wanting to fail and come back to that wedding reception again. Does he really want her or is it just because he can't have her? The fairy told him straight out to stop playing games about waiting for the the perfect moment, but he just doesn't get it. This time around the moment was so obvious that all I could think of was Johnny Depp's line in Pirates of the Carribean, "If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it."

And Rei not figuring it out from the fact that Kenzo suddenly doesn't want to spend New Years around her and Tada is something that no woman wouldn't pick up on. Particularly if you've had longstanding feelings for a man, women look for details like that. Heck, Rei would probably be hoping for that response, because she's given off every signal that she still has feelings for him in this episode.

I'm starting to think that Rei and Ken are too stupid to be together.

On the brightside
Eri and Tsuru are adorable in this episode, and Mikio was actually a huge help. First of all, he did set up a chance for Ken to confess if Ken had been willing to take the chance. Second of all, he really did save Ken's butt by deciding to drive everyone back to Ken's place rather than let Ken give up. The little progress Ken made with that bag wouldn't have happened without Mikio's help. So it's nice to see him being so useful.

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jun 7th, '07, 21:26

Wowza!
Mikio is a huge help by doing all of those things. 8) I just hope Ken cant always rely on him and actually confess. In the end, I want to see Ken in the white suit sitting next to Rei :wub:

JC

Post by JC » Jun 7th, '07, 22:20

The girl that plays Rei is alright. But the characters she plays can be annoying sometimes. I know she got on my nerves in Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu. I think Rei in general is just an annoying character. With the way she's always putting Ken down it's no wonder he gave her the cold shoulder on several occassions.

Tsuru is my fave. That lil' guy is so funny. It'll be cool to see if Ken's changing the past will affect Tsuru, Mikio and Eri too. At one point I thought Mikio had feelings for Ken. *LOL* In the scene where Ken asks to move back to his old seat and switch with Socrates, Mikio looked genuinely upset. Like "Damn. There goes my man".

:lol

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jun 7th, '07, 22:43

part 8 was so touching that made me want to :cry: to see a man who loves a girl that much he'd try 1000 times to reach her. well, maybe not.. rei should be really dense to not understand Ken's feelings

kurosaki_frank

Post by kurosaki_frank » Jun 8th, '07, 01:53

omgz tsuru ended up with eri! YEEES! lol
awesome

after watching eps 7, seriously, im starting to wish ken would go after another chick
Is really bad that ken after so many yrs realized what he wanted it, but is even suckier that Rei gives up after 2 tries...
i mean, she also waited for time and location instead of just telling him through all those years.
And the poor guy is trying almost his hard** but she just give him the colds...
seriously, Ken-zou need another chick.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 8th, '07, 02:40

I give up. I've been trying to force myself to watch episode 8, but I just don't have what it takes. So I'm going to make my own Prop -D three-hour special. I predicted Ken will not bottom out until episode 9, so it looks like we won't see the light at the end of the tunnel until episode 10. This show will just have to sit on my drive until then.

Anyway, as I promised earlier, here is an inventory of the unresolved issues that I got from a review of the thread:
1. Why didn’t Rei just tell Ken how she felt? Why did she give up after all those years?
2. Is Rei still in love with Ken? If she stopped being in love with him, when did she stop?
3. Why did Rei choose to marry Tada?
4. Is Rei genuinely in love with Tada?
5. When did past Ken realize he was in love with Rei, and when did he originally (pre-time-slip) start actively doing something about it? Did he ever?
6. What is so bad about Rei ending up with Tada? Is this all about making Ken happy? Why is Ken a better man than Tada?
7. Is it fair to Tada to allow time slipper Ken to submarine his courtship of Rei? Are Ken’s feelings more important than Tada’s
8. Is it fair to Rei to allow Ken to manipulate her past so that she ends up with him instead? In she not entitled to choose her future?

I realize that numbers 6 to 8 aren’t strictly “fact” questions involving plot details, but are more like moral dilemmas. However, I included these "moral" type questions because they will have to be satisfactorily resolved through plot developments in order for the audience to feel satisfied with whatever ending we may end up with. I tried to answer #3 a few pages back, but like all the other issues here, we really need to see more of the show before any answer becomes clear.

So there. Have at it. And feel free to add anything that you feel I've left out, but before piping up, do us all a favor and make sure it hasn't been resolved already. Some people have the habit of reading only the last page of the thread before posting.

Silvestre
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Silvestre » Jun 8th, '07, 03:10

at the beginning and up to the middle ive been trying not to think of Ken as a sissy, but now i can say it out loud!btw, I have no idea how this kind of person has such kind of friendship...he's more like an introvert person, IMHO...and believe me, i'm not gonna be sad if this whole drama ends up badly even though the chances are like a bunch, since he doesnt fit for Rei...and actually vice versa...they are meant to be just best friends in a way i cant understand...like ive said, Ken's character is simply unreal...
If we think about it all over again, if he comes back from the future after knowing how Rei and Tada will get married, he should have been doing what he should since the very first episode...i mean, the feeling of imagining the wedding itself, if it were me, would have been devastating...so devastating that i wouldnt have time to do whatever Ken has done from the 1st ep. till now...oh well thank God that the way the story goes is (somehow) good and interesting (perhaps basically because we know they love each other but never got to be a couple and wed like to see it happen...it's always that which draws us to dramas, isnt it? because from my exp. i have no interest anymore after a couple got together and do happy things LOL) that i have no time to think about the whole weirdness...

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 8th, '07, 04:46

joeboygo wrote:I give up. I've been trying to force myself to watch episode 8, but I just don't have what it takes. So I'm going to make my own Prop -D three-hour special. I predicted Ken will not bottom out until episode 9, so it looks like we won't see the light at the end of the tunnel until episode 10. This show will just have to sit on my drive until then.
Haha! I'm the same. I stopped watching after episode 7. I'm not going to watch the rest until I know it's a happy ending.
Silvestre wrote:at the beginning and up to the middle ive been trying not to think of Ken as a sissy, but now i can say it out loud!btw, I have no idea how this kind of person has such kind of friendship...he's more like an introvert person, IMHO...and believe me, i'm not gonna be sad if this whole drama ends up badly even though the chances are like a bunch, since he doesnt fit for Rei...and actually vice versa...they are meant to be just best friends in a way i cant understand...like ive said, Ken's character is simply unreal...
I agree that Ken probably wouldn't have been friends if they met in High school or college, but remember that they met in elementary school. So their friendship/bond was established back then.

Also, Ken is only really an introvert towards Rei when he's trying to express his feelings. When he's with the gang is really outgoing.

2saya

hye

Post by 2saya » Jun 8th, '07, 04:52

IS IT true if we download any drama with torrent it will take two day to finish???help me plzz......

Silvestre
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Silvestre » Jun 8th, '07, 05:24

cgme wrote:
joeboygo wrote:I give up. I've been trying to force myself to watch episode 8, but I just don't have what it takes. So I'm going to make my own Prop -D three-hour special. I predicted Ken will not bottom out until episode 9, so it looks like we won't see the light at the end of the tunnel until episode 10. This show will just have to sit on my drive until then.
Haha! I'm the same. I stopped watching after episode 7. I'm not going to watch the rest until I know it's a happy ending.
Silvestre wrote:at the beginning and up to the middle ive been trying not to think of Ken as a sissy, but now i can say it out loud!btw, I have no idea how this kind of person has such kind of friendship...he's more like an introvert person, IMHO...and believe me, i'm not gonna be sad if this whole drama ends up badly even though the chances are like a bunch, since he doesnt fit for Rei...and actually vice versa...they are meant to be just best friends in a way i cant understand...like ive said, Ken's character is simply unreal...
I agree that Ken probably wouldn't have been friends if they met in High school or college, but remember that they met in elementary school. So their friendship/bond was established back then.

Also, Ken is only really an introvert towards Rei when he's trying to express his feelings. When he's with the gang is really outgoing.
hmmm i dont think that they have already been friends since elementary...only rei and ken have...see how they tease both of em concerning their childhood friendship in ep. 8...hmm being introvert only with Rei...naaah...it's more like getting nervous...and that's another weird thing with both of em...if they really think they are best friends, they wouldnt get nervous when they're alone together...it's weird that both of em still dont feel each other...

goldfishgummy

I'm new! ^^ (Plus my Prodai theory)

Post by goldfishgummy » Jun 8th, '07, 06:23

:O uh...hi?

Ok, so...should I hide this? lemme see how to do this...um...

Ok, hopefully this is hidden. :thumright:

I was thinking a lot about the ending of Proposal Daisakusen. Honestly, I do not think that Rei and Ken are going to get married by the end of the season.

In my opinion, I think that the situation will change its focus. Instead of Tada and Rei or Rei and Ken in the bride and groom seats, I think that Eri and Tsuyu will be the ones who are having a wedding.

I mean, take a look at episode 1 for starters.

In episode 1, Eri is speaking with Rei in the beginning of the episode. Eri is talking to Rei about how she always thought she would be the first to get married. Furthermore, some of their friends thought the same thing would happen. Rei even says that she thought Eri would be married before her, especially since she had promised to catch Eri's bouquet. Eri jokingly says that Rei should keep to the order. By this she means that Rei should not be getting married first. Eri should get married first.

Furthermore, after Ken timeslips to the baseball field of the past, he can't believe that he really has gone back in time and asks Tsuyu something along the lines of "Weren't we just in the wedding hall?" Tsuyu replies sarcastically that they were at his and Eri's wedding, and that Eri was dressed so beautifully. This could be foreshadowing the conclusion of this series.

In addition, it is not an unlikely possibility. Afterall, Ken's help towards Tsuyu in episode 7 influenced the "present" situation. We saw this because Tsuyu and Eri were a couple holding hands as they walked to the bar. Plus, Mikio said that Tsuyu and Eri had been dating for quite some time. :cheers:

Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now. It shows how much of a dork I am to register just to state my theory. I might pop in again, though. :mrgreen:

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Jun 8th, '07, 08:13

I am sooo with you I actually havent watched 6 either -- just holding out for a happy part then I'll do a mini marathon.

Here are my thoughts on your questions ...

1. Why didn’t Rei just tell Ken how she felt?
I think when you grow up with someone it is hard to determine how much you love someone vs if you are IN LOVE with someone. I think physical attraction is plays a big part in the difference -- which they have not really touch on in the drama -- an probally won't. A confession by either party is quite risky since their is a great chance of changing (for the bad) a friendship forever -- I think most people in this situation would be like ken and rei and just wait until forest to confront the feelings ...

Why did she give up after all those years?
My friend in Japan explained that many women have an idea when it is "their time" to settle down. Perhaps she set a date in her mind that was like well its going to happen by now or it is never going to happen. Time to make plan B... Also seems like she might have been "in Love" for a lot longer then Ken was (pre time slip of course)

2. Is Rei still in love with Ken? If she stopped being in love with him, when did she stop?
I think you never stop loving your 1st love unless he does something very horrible to you. She probally just doesnt love him enough to keep waiting. I also think that there is a point of no return. Sometimes if you are on your way to point B it is too late to go back to heading toward point A even it that was your preferences.

3. Why did Rei choose to marry Tada? See 1.b

4. Is Rei genuinely in love with Tada?

I am sure she is (cause really you shouldnt marry someone you don't really love) but I am sure it is a differnt love then with ken. Growing up with someone, 1st crush love is pretty hard to replicate. I mean most people don't marry their 1st love but neither loves are better then the other just differnt.

5. When did past Ken realize he was in love with Rei, and when did he originally (pre-time-slip) start actively doing something about it? Did he ever?

The moment he realized how much he was in love was the exact moment he realized he couldnt do anything about it ...

6. What is so bad about Rei ending up with Tada? Is this all about making Ken happy? Why is Ken a better man than Tada?

I think if rei ended up with tada she would have a happy life but I would be so much happier if Ken and Rei eneded up marry -- Ken too right and hey aren't we rooting for the protaganist.

7. Is it fair to Tada to allow time slipper Ken to submarine his courtship of Rei? Are Ken’s feelings more important than Tada’s

Well I think that everyone but Ken is unaware of the changes taking place -- even makio doesn't realize the changes although he is just aware that Ken is from the ftures
The characters are just living out the alternate reallity but from their POV it is their ONLY reality.

I things Ken's feelins are more important he is the MAIN protaganist after all -- If we were supposed to sympathize with Tada the story would be told from Tadas POV.

8. Is it fair to Rei to allow Ken to manipulate her past so that she ends up with him instead? In she not entitled to choose her future?

I don't think she is aware of a manipulation because she doesn't know her own future right. It isn't like she is time slipping with Ken right. As far as her entitlement to choose her future -- she is still making her own choices but Ken is making it easier to a. wait longer ... b. be more willing to risk their friendship to gain a relationship

DANG -- To bad teachers won't accept stuff like this for plot and character analysis credit :wink:

Sorry it was so long :wub:

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Jun 8th, '07, 08:16

For the people that are holding off until the end of the series for a marathon, I don't know how you guys are going to do it. This series is so addicting. How do you resist such temptation?!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 8th, '07, 08:22

SPOILER! from a source in Japan...

at the end, Ken will end up marrying Tsuru !! :O

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 8th, '07, 08:53

hehe that's funny :lol Tsuru is so cute XD

anyway..ep 8 was soo sad..I cried *-* my eyes were all teary that I couldn't see the subtitle clearly XD it was blurred LoL

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Jun 8th, '07, 10:16

I think Rei could like Mikio understand that ken come from future. It could be interesting.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 8th, '07, 11:27

Wow! I don’t think Rei fully understood what she did to Ken when they talked by themselves but it sure seemed like she ripped poor Ken’s heart out with every word she said. I felt so sorry for Ken in that scene and I couldn’t of imagined being in his shoes. I actually think Rei was being honest with Ken but sometimes the truth hurts and I don’t blame Ken for not wanting to be around the gang after being told that. The only good that came out of that was that it gave the group (Mikio, Eri, Tsuru, and Rei) a chance to “miss” Ken and appreciate his company more. I certainly hope that Ken can turn this thing around but he is quickly running out of time.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 8th, '07, 11:43

furransu wrote:SPOILER! from a source in Japan...

:O :O :O :O

skrible

Post by skrible » Jun 8th, '07, 14:51

Just curious, if Ken somehow prevents the photo (from the slide) from being taken, does it mean he will continue living in the past? :/

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jun 8th, '07, 14:55

skrible wrote:Just curious, if Ken somehow prevents the photo (from the slide) from being taken, does it mean he will continue living in the past? :/
Funny. I was wondering the same thing. That would make for an interesting final 3 episodes.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 8th, '07, 15:31

skrible wrote:Just curious, if Ken somehow prevents the photo (from the slide) from being taken, does it mean he will continue living in the past? :/
@joe!!!!----------> Intresting.......
.You might be on to something. Ok lets speculate on this for a second.....This might could be the "last" picture and the last time slip only because Ken prevents this picture from ever being taken. Which Ken's past and Ken's future will turn into the present and the "future" that we and the "future" Ken know never would have happened.

Then this would "open the door of miracles" for Ken to be in the present time trying to win Rei over. So we would actually be watching episode 10 and 11 in the present. In ep 11 Ken will then over sleep and be late for his own wedding. Of course the "fairy" will probably pay him a visit or two in the last two episodes.

skrible

Post by skrible » Jun 8th, '07, 16:09

^That would definitely be interesting but i guess it's still gonna be a tad disappointing if it ended like that due to it being slightly cliche. Nice theory tho :D

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 8th, '07, 16:09

Graymouse wrote:
.You might be on to something. Ok lets speculate on this for a second.....This might could be the "last" picture and the last time slip only because Ken prevents this picture from ever being taken. Which Ken's past and Ken's future will turn into the present and the "future" that we and the "future" Ken know never would have happened.

Then this would "open the door of miracles" for Ken to be in the present time trying to win Rei over. So we would actually be watching episode 10 and 11 in the present. In ep 11 Ken will then over sleep and be late for his own wedding. Of course the "fairy" will probably pay him a visit or two in the last two episodes.
that could be, and i would like it to be, but....
i rewatched the Yosei's part in the preview. Odd how in one, he had a half smile on his face when he was pushing that cart, and on the other, he was screaming his head off at ken saying that that was the last photo. i dont know, maybe the latter reaction he had was because ken no longer wanted to go back again, so he was scolding him before the timeslip, or, that scene happened after the time slip, and so the yosei's scolding him for not stopping the proposal.
at any rate, it's friday once again, and 3 days more, its prodai again. :D

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 8th, '07, 16:13

lunargen wrote:
Graymouse wrote:

that could be, and i would like it to be, but....
i rewatched the Yosei's part in the preview. Odd how in one, he had a half smile on his face when he was pushing that cart, and on the other, he was screaming his head off at ken saying that that was the last photo. i dont know, maybe the latter reaction he had was because ken no longer wanted to go back again, so he was scolding him before the timeslip, or, that scene happened after the time slip, and so the yosei's scolding him for not stopping the proposal.
at any rate, it's friday once again, and 3 days more, its prodai again. :D
LOL, Its Saturday here.....I only got two more days :thumleft: :P

@lunargen I just saw episode 8 and thanks btw for your subbing. I am curious if I can ask a huge favor from you. For some reason I can not DL these episodes from the turrent on this site. When I click on the download button it gives me a "this page can not be displayed error message" Is there some other way to get the English Subs of the past episodes. I am missing ep 4, 5, and 6. Your help would be appreciated. 8)
Last edited by Graymouse on Jun 8th, '07, 16:21, edited 2 times in total.

shosef

Post by shosef » Jun 8th, '07, 16:18

i watched ep.7....all i could say is MIKIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're such a good friend... :cry: ....Ken you can do it...

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 8th, '07, 16:55

@ graymouse - replied to your PM already!! hope i helped ehehehe... boo its already saturday there T.T ahahah

anyhoo, im off to another hiatus. my other subbing responsibilities need my attention BADLY hehehe

cgme

Re: I'm new! ^^ (Plus my Prodai theory)

Post by cgme » Jun 8th, '07, 19:30

LightningEmperor wrote:For the people that are holding off until the end of the series for a marathon, I don't know how you guys are going to do it. This series is so addicting. How do you resist such temptation?!
It's tough, but I get a good fix by visiting the forums :)
goldfishgummy wrote::O uh...hi?

I was thinking a lot about the ending of Proposal Daisakusen. Honestly, I do not think that Rei and Ken are going to get married by the end of the season.

In my opinion, I think that the situation will change its focus. Instead of Tada and Rei or Rei and Ken in the bride and groom seats, I think that Eri and Tsuyu will be the ones who are having a wedding.

In episode 1, Eri is speaking with Rei in the beginning of the episode. Eri is talking to Rei about how she always thought she would be the first to get married. Furthermore, some of their friends thought the same thing would happen. Rei even says that she thought Eri would be married before her, especially since she had promised to catch Eri's bouquet. Eri jokingly says that Rei should keep to the order. By this she means that Rei should not be getting married first. Eri should get married first.

Furthermore, after Ken timeslips to the baseball field of the past, he can't believe that he really has gone back in time and asks Tsuyu something along the lines of "Weren't we just in the wedding hall?" Tsuyu replies sarcastically that they were at his and Eri's wedding, and that Eri was dressed so beautifully. This could be foreshadowing the conclusion of this series.

In addition, it is not an unlikely possibility. Afterall, Ken's help towards Tsuyu in episode 7 influenced the "present" situation. We saw this because Tsuyu and Eri were a couple holding hands as they walked to the bar. Plus, Mikio said that Tsuyu and Eri had been dating for quite some time. :cheers:

Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now. It shows how much of a dork I am to register just to state my theory. I might pop in again, though. :mrgreen:

Ha! That's brilliant! I can totally see that.

It would be like Ken sees he's still at a wedding and feeling dejected. Then when the "bride" throws the bouquet... someone bumps into Ken to catch it.

And when Ken looks.... it's Rei! And they're all cheering and asking Ken and Rei when they'll get married.
Also I just saw this AWFUL rumor ending over at soompi.
episode 7 - Ken's failed confession
episode 8 - even though Ken has the help from his friend, he still fails
episode 9 - Rei decides to marry Tada
episode 10 - Ken observes (found out) that Rei's got an incurable disease
episode 11 - Half a year after the wedding, Rei passes away.
Ken and the friends went to get the time capsule they buried.
they found a letter in Rei's box
"if one day I'm not here, the one thing that I don't want is letting the person I loved the most upset/sad"
Ken remembered how he didn't wish Rei's happiness at her wedding, he cried in regret.
Following that, Ken went to the church with Rei's wedding photo
asking the "Yao Jing" (that dude) to let him go back to the wedding day.
When Rei asked Ken how good does she look in her wedding gown,
Ken said without a doubt that, "very pretty, congratulation~!"
that's why when "marrying the 2nd person you love will be happier" is because (she) doesn't want the person she loves the most to be upset when she leaves

From: soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=116661&view=findpost&p=6044566

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jun 8th, '07, 19:35

Good grief. If that is true, then Rei is most definitely a selfish character.
Whether we like Tada or not, it makes no sense to "spare" Ken pain, but administer it to Tada. That can't be the correct ending.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 8th, '07, 20:24

Agreed, a very cliched and awful way to end the series

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Jun 8th, '07, 20:24

Aren't those spoilers made up by fans of what they think might happen? I doubt it's true, but then again the way this drama is going it might be a possibility. Plus the ending seemed to Korean-drama-ish.
At the end of Ep. 8, Ken mentions that in that infamous scene where Rei says, "Kenzo understood nothing", it was the last time Rei called him Kenzo. I wonder how the rest of that conversation will go.
I really like that idea mentioned about Ken staying in the past by knocking off the camera. That way, he still has a chance to change the future even if it's the last picture in the slide show.

Sandra121289

Post by Sandra121289 » Jun 8th, '07, 21:34

hello everbody^^
yesterday i saw this drama for the first time and got hooked immediately..i reeeeaaaallly love to see it. i just finished watching ep 7 with subtitles and am looking forward to episode 8...
am i the onlyone who thinks that ep was sooo sad? i cried so much :cry:

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 8th, '07, 21:36

arabian wrote:
furransu wrote:SPOILER! from a source in Japan...

:O :O :O :O
how come... :glare:

I think it should be like this :
Ken will marry Rei at last.. so depressed when watching Nagasawa Masami act in Dragon Zakura, how come study like crazy, but finally cannot enter TODAI (University of Tokyo) #1 rank university in Japan with her friends.. just because her mother is sick during the University entrance exam.

She must have good luck this time... and also to Ken... be brave...

Hope for Happy ending... HAPPY ENDING!... HAPPY ENDING!

but if not, I want to know why... waiting for the next episode... hehe 8)

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 8th, '07, 21:48

OMG!!! I just started watching Proposal Daisakusen it's so good...lol many of you put spoilers and they are so tempting to read but I don't want to ruin it. I want to be happy in the happy parts and cry in the sad parts...lol I want to be surprised lol but like I said it is so tempting lol.
how many episodes are there anyways?

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 8th, '07, 22:04

so far I really like the drama I have only see 3 episodes. I am downloading it but it is going very slow :(

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 8th, '07, 22:24

amirvero wrote:how many episodes are there anyways?
There's 11 :)

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 8th, '07, 22:27

thank you

laknaramayasigi

Post by laknaramayasigi » Jun 8th, '07, 23:11

ladymurasaki wrote:
Funny. I was wondering the same thing. That would make for an interesting final 3 episodes.
argee*nod nod* tat ll make the series more excietin not tat itz bad. cried along with ken in ep 8.so sad.
:pale:
ImageImage

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 9th, '07, 00:24

cgme wrote: Also I just saw this AWFUL rumor ending over at soompi.

.....episode 10 - Ken observes (found out) that Rei's got an incurable disease
episode 11 - Half a year after the wedding, Rei passes away......
let me just say i ROFLed on that one. for starters, it can't possibly be true, because they can't possibly release info on episodes this early on. second, THIS IS NAGASAWA MASAMI HERE. XD XD Incurable diseases are Sawajiri's turf XD XD :lol :lol

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 9th, '07, 02:51

^ I burst out laughing when I read this, akak so true lol

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jun 9th, '07, 03:47

Nomanymore wrote:^ I burst out laughing when I read this, akak so true lol
hehe u are back! haven't seen u post since the whole densha otoko thread. But that ending would be so funny XD yea so tada got her but BAM sucks.. :O

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 9th, '07, 04:36

lunargen wrote:...second, THIS IS NAGASAWA MASAMI HERE. XD XD Incurable diseases are Sawajiri's turf XD XD :lol :lol
Heh heh :D

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 9th, '07, 05:10

well from the preview of episode 9, it seems that Rei's proposal was going as it should be.. coz she already put the ring on her finger :O

so i dont think ken can change that... maybe get rid (kill) tada-san and he will get his happy ending :P otherwise he will end up depressed and marrying Tsuru! lol

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jun 9th, '07, 05:13

furransu wrote:well from the preview of episode 9, it seems that Rei's proposal was going as it should be.. coz she already put the ring on her finger :O

so i dont think ken can change that... maybe get rid (kill) tada-san and he will get his happy ending :P otherwise he will end up depressed and marrying Tsuru! lol
XD
man sometimes i think Tsuru is too lucky and dumb of a guy.. his sillyness is awesome but sometimes it's really annoying. I think eri loves him for that and friends build their fun on top of it. But in reality, tsuru have guts and act when the time is correct. That also angers me since ken never gets it... TIMING ! :scratch:

physics223

Post by physics223 » Jun 9th, '07, 07:08

Also I just saw this AWFUL rumor ending over at soompi.

.....episode 10 - Ken observes (found out) that Rei's got an incurable disease
episode 11 - Half a year after the wedding, Rei passes away......

^^

Sooooooo like One Litre of Tears ... not cool. o.o

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Jun 9th, '07, 07:28

goldfishgummy wrote::O uh...hi?

@ Goldfishgummy --Hope you come back to read this ... I like your theory/ idea even better -- wonder how i missed it earlier!!!

@ all the pro dai fans - thanks for the sneak peeks and ideas -- I am enjoying myself everytime I read your thoughts!!!
Smi

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Jun 9th, '07, 07:30

furransu wrote:well from the preview of episode 9, it seems that Rei's proposal was going as it should be.. coz she already put the ring on her finger :O

I don't think the important point is to stop Tada-san from proposing. The more important thing is for Ken to confess to Rei, something that he regretted about not doing.

Like in ep. 7, his going back in time wasn't to stop Tada-san because no matter what Tada-san would've confessed, but it was about Ken confessing! Which he still didn't! :cussing:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 9th, '07, 07:46

but also in the preview, you also see rei scolding ken about why he doesnt understand anything about her!

thats also what happened to him the past :O, i think he still didnt tell her in the next episode, he is going to (u see him running) but he was too late since tada-san and rei were already together in the restaurant!

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Jun 9th, '07, 09:51

furransu wrote:but also in the preview, you also see rei scolding ken about why he doesnt understand anything about her!

thats also what happened to him the past :O, i think he still didnt tell her in the next episode, he is going to (u see him running) but he was too late since tada-san and rei were already together in the restaurant!
Maybe it's just a past scene. Some episode are like that, they see us the past scene in order to understance how Ken change events in past. Maybe the scene when Rei said to Ken that he always understand nothing it's the past past scene lol.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 9th, '07, 15:18

What if it really was a Eri and Tsuru wedding? Thats entirely possible! Remember in the first episode, Rei said that she thought Eri would get married earlier than her?

Anyway, some pictures of them filming. It sure looks like its Rei next to Ken! And notice how she's not wearing a wedding dress? Could it be they're late and running to Eri and Tsuru's wedding? That would be an interesting wedding to see. And Eri in heels? She'll tower even more over Tsuru. But they're such a cute couple! I wanna see!

Credits: Proposal Daisakusen Baidu Bar

So my GUESS for the upcoming plot: Ken goes back in time. Stops Tada's proposal. That or Rei doesn't accept Tada's proposal. He comes back to present time and its Eri and Tsuru's wedding! And Rei catches the bouquet at the wedding! (HAHA keeping in line with what Eri and Rei said in Episode 1.)

Ken continues to work hard to win Rei over. And it ends with Ken and Rei's wedding. Quite enough story for 3 episodes I think. HAHA.

Who said there couldn't be two weddings? The only bad thing is, Tada is the only loser in my drama. So well okay, I'll let him meet his childhood friend at Ken and Rei's wedding alright? Yay happy ending for everyone. HAHA

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 9th, '07, 16:51

kilaalaa wrote:
What if it really was a Eri and Tsuru wedding? Thats entirely possible! Remember in the first episode, Rei said that she thought Eri would get married earlier than her?

Anyway, some pictures of them filming. It sure looks like its Rei next to Ken! And notice how she's not wearing a wedding dress? Could it be they're late and running to Eri and Tsuru's wedding? That would be an interesting wedding to see. And Eri in heels? She'll tower even more over Tsuru. But they're such a cute couple! I wanna see!

So my GUESS for the upcoming plot: Ken goes back in time. Stops Tada's proposal. That or Rei doesn't accept Tada's proposal. He comes back to present time and its Eri and Tsuru's wedding! And Rei catches the bouquet at the wedding! (HAHA keeping in line with what Eri and Rei said in Episode 1.)

Ken continues to work hard to win Rei over. And it ends with Ken and Rei's wedding. Quite enough story for 3 episodes I think. HAHA.

Who said there couldn't be two weddings? The only bad thing is, Tada is the only loser in my drama. So well okay, I'll let him meet his childhood friend at Ken and Rei's wedding alright? Yay happy ending for everyone. HAHA
now THAT was a spoiler. hahah just from those photos alone you can infer already what's gonna happen in the end. oh well ahahaha.
so it could be an eri tsuru wedding after all. BUT WAIT. see how pi and masami are dressed. Pi's in a black tux and masami's in a simple dress.. for all we know, they like eloped or something. cause looks to me like they're dressed for that kind of a simple wedding. plus, we have to take into consideration that (BASED ON THE PREVIEW), tada successfully proposed to her. so, it might mean her marriage to tada is still as planned, but ken does something else, and so they elope ahaha.

uwah, its saturday again! T.T mondays are flying by like lightning fast

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 9th, '07, 17:27

lunargen wrote:now THAT was a spoiler. hahah just from those photos alone you can infer already what's gonna happen in the end. oh well ahahaha.
so it could be an eri tsuru wedding after all. BUT WAIT. see how pi and masami are dressed. Pi's in a black tux and masami's in a simple dress.. for all we know, they like eloped or something. cause looks to me like they're dressed for that kind of a simple wedding. plus, we have to take into consideration that (BASED ON THE PREVIEW), tada successfully proposed to her. so, it might mean her marriage to tada is still as planned, but ken does something else, and so they elope ahaha.

In episode 2 or 3 the yosei to made reference to the "Graduate" and warned Ken not to get involved in that kind of scam. So I don't think the fairy will have anything to do with that kind of ending.

A few posts back some people were wondering what would happen if Ken just refused to return to the future. Why doesn't he just stay behind and conduct a consistent courtship so Rei doesn't get pissed off?

Time slipping is manageable when you're limited to just a particular time and place and your effect on the future is not great. If it goes beyond that it becomes more of a burden than a blessing. Sure, you can make yourself a fortune by betting on lotteries and horse races whose results you know beforehand. But what about that bullet train derailment that you know is happening next week? Are you going to warn people not to get on? Or how about that earthquake in Osaka that you know is coming? The asian tsunami? Your friend's botched rhinoplasty? Won't you feel obliged to intervene? If you don't, will you be able to sleep at night? That's probably more responsibility than Ken can or would want to deal with. The limited duration and effect of Ken's time slips is a good thing because it frees him from having to worry about the big picture and allows him to focus on just fixing things up with Rei.

As for kilaalaa's spoiler, I would actually recommend peeking at it to alleviate the very obvious frustration that many posters here are exhibiting *lcoughunarcoughgencough*. It's not the ending that counts; we saw that coming from miles away. It's how he gets there. I sure hope they don't screw that up with some lame "change of heart" scenario. I want Ken to win her heart convincingly, and by positive action, not because Tada backs off or Rei feels pity.

gelatinreiko

Post by gelatinreiko » Jun 9th, '07, 18:42

i'm so sorry but this is really out of your recent topic... but can somebody please tell me where i can find the song played in episode 2? the cd that rei lent to ken... in the cd cover something like "message mongol soo" is written. is it included in the ost of prodai as well?

thanks!!!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 9th, '07, 18:59

since it's quite long i'll just spoiler it.
@joeboygo -
In episode 2 or 3 the yosei to made reference to the "Graduate" and warned Ken not to get involved in that kind of scam. So I don't think the fairy will have anything to do with that kind of ending.

i considered that fact about the Graduate reference, but the thing is, the yosei only has power over time travel, not over ken and rei. so if they do consider elopement, that is beyond the yosei's jurisdiction. BUT it is within the scriptwriters'. so they may or may not. well, ano bang malay natin, right? :lol

As for kilaalaa's spoiler, I would actually recommend peeking at it to alleviate the very obvious frustration that many posters here are exhibiting *lcoughunarcoughgencough*. It's not the ending that counts; we saw that coming from miles away. It's how he gets there. I sure hope they don't screw that up with some lame "change of heart" scenario. I want Ken to win her heart convincingly, and by positive action, not because Tada backs off or Rei feels pity.
i think i've made clear enough that i couldn't care less how it ends, just so that Ken's happy. be it with Rei or whoever. (by the way, on the contrary, the photos made me feel a bit irked cause it looks to be like he's gonna end up with her anyway, which was quite obvious, but the rebel in me had hoped) because i agree with you in saying that what counts is how he gets to wherever he's headed. actually, that's exactly where my "frustration" (hmm i need a better word for this) comes from, because looking back at it all makes me feel like i've ridden a jetcoaster after a smorgasbord lunch. i'll be repetitive here once again when i say that he'd suffered too much, but that's just how i feel. but then, maybe it is a just payback for all the nonsense he used to do in the past. oh heck... :scratch: im getting so confused already :lol *im such a contradiction, backing both sides of the fence grrr*

at any rate, im looking forward to the summer season. at least Hanakimi wont take much brainpower to enjoy it. :D

~~aaaccckkkk.... this self imposed hiatus really doesn't work well~~[/quote]

------------edit

@ gelatin - i have it. i'll up it on MU if you want. :D

afroken

Post by afroken » Jun 9th, '07, 19:05

I love LOVE SONG for subbing this drama<3 <3 <3

Here's the song:
MONGOL800 - Chiisana koi no uta
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UX1G19HV
Downloaded from JPOPSUKI tracker.
I love this song.

gelatinreiko

Post by gelatinreiko » Jun 9th, '07, 19:24

afroken wrote:I love LOVE SONG for subbing this drama<3 <3 <3

Here's the song:
MONGOL800 - Chiisana koi no uta
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UX1G19HV
Downloaded from JPOPSUKI tracker.
I love this song.
wow!!! thank you so much. i really like the song (and adding that yamapi has voice over while it's playing)... thank you!!!

**edit: lunargen: (i'm sorry, i'm sorry, it was supposed to be you.. haha.. i think i was so sleepy last time): thanks as well!! afroken has a link already... thanks anyway..
Last edited by gelatinreiko on Jun 10th, '07, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 9th, '07, 21:55

lunargen wrote:since it's quite long i'll just spoiler it.
@joeboygo -

i considered that fact about the Graduate reference, but the thing is, the yosei only has power over time travel, not over ken and rei. so if they do consider elopement, that is beyond the yosei's jurisdiction. BUT it is within the scriptwriters'. so they may or may not. well, ano bang malay natin, right? :lol

i think i've made clear enough that i couldn't care less how it ends, just so that Ken's happy. be it with Rei or whoever. (by the way, on the contrary, the photos made me feel a bit irked cause it looks to be like he's gonna end up with her anyway, which was quite obvious, but the rebel in me had hoped) because i agree with you in saying that what counts is how he gets to wherever he's headed. actually, that's exactly where my "frustration" (hmm i need a better word for this) comes from, because looking back at it all makes me feel like i've ridden a jetcoaster after a smorgasbord lunch. i'll be repetitive here once again when i say that he'd suffered too much, but that's just how i feel. but then, maybe it is a just payback for all the nonsense he used to do in the past. oh heck... :scratch: im getting so confused already :lol *im such a contradiction, backing both sides of the fence grrr*

at any rate, im looking forward to the summer season. at least Hanakimi wont take much brainpower to enjoy it. :D

[/spoiler]

lunargen:

We men are fools. Make things too easy for us, and we'll walk all over you. But make us suffer and beg, and we'll treat you like a princess forever.

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 10th, '07, 04:31

*cries* I just saw episode 8 right now...it i so sad.
anyways has the last episode aired yet?

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 10th, '07, 05:59

amirvero wrote:*cries* I just saw episode 8 right now...it i so sad.
anyways has the last episode aired yet?
Not yet. It ends on June 25.

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 10th, '07, 10:26

lunargen wrote:
kilaalaa wrote:

now THAT was a spoiler. hahah just from those photos alone you can infer already what's gonna happen in the end. oh well ahahaha.

hmm.. thinking again, I think at the last episode, Ken wake-up from dream... then he realize that he drink so much... sad ending maybe :cry:

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Jun 10th, '07, 17:22

I'm late. watched ProDai. I'm on episode 6 now. and god.. this drama is awesome. it's so sad. and have some funny scenes too. I can't help but go teary-eyed every episode. I really like it a lot.

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 10th, '07, 20:59

I know I get teary eyed in each episode...I remember when I saw the first one I had to go get tissues bc I was crying with it

phramc

Post by phramc » Jun 10th, '07, 21:19

I can't find ep 5 anywhere. I can find 6 and 7 but not 5. am I retarded or is there some serious lack of Pro Dai 5 on the internet. :roll