[Discussion] Seito Shokun!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Liantasse

[Discussion] Seito Shokun!

Post by Liantasse » Mar 19th, '07, 22:56

Minna-san, I am really looking forward to the upcoming school-drama Seito Shokun! so I thought I'd start a discussion thread for it!

My anticipation is doubled by the fact that my fellow Romanian d-addicts Mihaela and Alecsa-chan responded to my suggestion that we start a fansub group, and that this drama will be our first project! :-) (Read more about our group, Airashii FanSubs, here.)

So we hope to be able to provide you with quality softsubs for Seito Shokun soon after the raws will start to be available here on d-addicts.

I am very excited to see again some actors I am fond of: Uchiyama Rina, Horikita Maki and Hongo Kanata! I haven't seen any of Shiina Kippei's work before, so I wonder what his character is going to be like.

Somehow it seems this dorama might be a bit more serious in tone than Gokusen or GTO, based on the description in the DramaWiki:
Rina plays a female teacher who will take on current education problems such as bullying, suicide, and declining student performance.
But then, the banner with Uchiyama Rina from the DramaWiki is quite bright in color, so that suggests an optimistic tone! :roll
[img]http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2126 ... kunly4.jpg[/img]

Has anyone read the manga by Yoko Shoji?

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts! :-)

sessho

Post by sessho » Mar 23rd, '07, 09:02

woow...thanks for subbing it..

i love maki-chan so much...
can't wait to see it...

the original manga is published in my country (Indonesia).
but since this is based on the sequel, i have no clue about the story...

the cast seems satisfied the fansgirl & fansboy : uchiyama rina, horikita maki, hongo kanata & shirota yuu :D

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 23rd, '07, 10:27

seems like an interestin show =). ty for subbing!

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Mar 23rd, '07, 10:38

wow...thank you for taking this!! I'm looking forward to it.

minnilu

Post by minnilu » Mar 26th, '07, 20:50

awww...thank you for subbing it ^.^ ...I'm really excited about this one ^^

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 26th, '07, 21:29

i also want to thank you for subbing it!!! How long will it take you to sub it though? it comes on at Fri starting at 9:00 i think? so will the subs be out like on Sun or Mon? btw does anyone know if Maki will be the girl who gets picked on? also i wonder what Hongo Kinata's character will be like? he's so cute! as is MAki! :lol

sessho

Post by sessho » Mar 28th, '07, 02:05

here's the CM :
there's YUI's song in the background music.

maki chan looks like the one who gets pick on :D

anywei...the original manga is so popular in my country..
anyone so excited with this drama.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Mar 28th, '07, 03:56

thanks for the cm!! :lol Maki looks kawaii as always!!! and the background music by YUI sounds really good!! I'm really ecxited about this drama!! can't wait!!!! :lol

joiss

Post by joiss » Apr 14th, '07, 13:16

AHHH im so exicited. ive been excited for it for so long already -.-
my kanata-kun <3
oh yes i love yui's song in the bg music.
heard its called "remember". ??? i dunno but its def not winding road as it says.
but its gna b released in june and the songs already stuck in my head.

joiss

Post by joiss » Apr 14th, '07, 13:18

oh yes. THANKS for subbing this!
ILL DEFF DL IT!!!
its eng sub right?

joiss

Post by joiss » Apr 14th, '07, 13:23

kawaiimomo wrote:i also want to thank you for subbing it!!! How long will it take you to sub it though? it comes on at Fri starting at 9:00 i think? so will the subs be out like on Sun or Mon? btw does anyone know if Maki will be the girl who gets picked on? also i wonder what Hongo Kinata's character will be like? he's so cute! as is MAki! :lol
kanatakun will apparently be quite a bratty kid, from what i heard.
his mom is the head chairman of the PTA and wants to get rid of the teacher as in rina.
soo basically hes like a bad dork?
i dunno im not that sure.

HAHAH another moody character for kanata, next is the "village boy" in silk -.- THEN IS CHIKA IN OURAN HOST CLUB <3. looking foward to ALL OF HIS CHARACTERS.

sessho

Post by sessho » Apr 16th, '07, 04:08

joiss wrote: HAHAH another moody character for kanata, next is the "village boy" in silk -.- THEN IS CHIKA IN OURAN HOST CLUB <3. looking foward to ALL OF HIS CHARACTERS.
ouran host club ? is it true or just rumour ?

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 18th, '07, 16:32

@sessho - Thank you very much for posting the link to the CM! :-) Rina-san looks so mature! And I was missing Maki-chan in a high-school uniform :wub:

@joiss - So desu ka, a bratty kid for our Kanata-chan?! XD I'm sure he'll be wonderfully bratty! I'm sooo looking forward to seeing his pouty face again :lol

And yes, the subs will be English subs :-)

@kawaiimomo - First of all, it depends on when the raw will be posted here on d-addicts, and about that I still have no information, though I have inquired by an upload request... :unsure:

In any case, I'm afraid we cannot promise anything like a Sunday or Monday release... :-( For one thing, we are a team of three different people directly involved with the subbing process, and for another, this is our first ever fansubbing project :-) What I can say, after having consulted with my teammates, is that we will do our best to have the subs posted in one week's time (at the most) after the raw is out on d-addicts. Of course we'll do whatever we can to have them done as soon as possible.

Thank you everyone for your interest and please continue to give us your support!

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Apr 19th, '07, 21:48

Its coming out tomorrow in japan!!!! :cheers: So excited!!! i found some vids on it:

Kanata look HOT posing for those photos! And Maki looks pretty posing for the photos! can't wait for this!!

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 20th, '07, 02:49

Oooh, thank you!!! for posting the links! :wub: I watched all the clips, everyone looks great! :wub:

I have more to say, of course XD but I'm so sleepy that my eyes are closing... :faint: :sleeping: so I'll be back as soon as I'm awake again :-)

sessho

Post by sessho » Apr 20th, '07, 09:03

hei..i saw meisa kuroki in the vid..
she is a teacher like uchiyama rina..
so funny since meisa & maki are in the same age..:D

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 21st, '07, 06:51

it already aired, rite? anybody know where should I downloaded the torrent?
I don't think it's up in d-addict, yet, at least.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 21st, '07, 09:47

No, the torrent is not here yet.... :-( The subbing team is also eagerly awaiting the raw...
If anyone knows of a clubbox or any other place from where it can be downloaded, please let me know here, and I'll make a torrent for it myself!!

(I'd bump again the upload request thread that I started over a month ago, but I don't want to seem impatient and rude to any prospective uploaders! :-( If anyone here would like to politely express their interest in it, here is the place: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_46272.htm)

Let's all hope that this drama was not forgotten by our generous and respected uploaders, and let's pray the raw will be out very soon! :pray:

oberon

Post by oberon » Apr 21st, '07, 10:02

maki and rina in one drama :D

can't wait to see this!!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 21st, '07, 10:06

ive asked gryzze to upload the raw, i hope he uploads it today :D

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 21st, '07, 10:14

furransu, hugs to you for the great news and to gryzze for uploading!!! :wub:

I'm soo glad to hear it! :) It would be great if he does, since we have the translation meeting scheduled tonight XD We'll reschedule if we need to, of course :lol I'm so grateful for the news! :wub:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 21st, '07, 10:26

if he doesnt i will download it, you can download japanese drama from japanese p2p like winny ;)

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Apr 21st, '07, 10:38

95% of the stuff I post comes from two groups because I think they do the best captures. None of them have released any capture yet but if you can wait then I'll definitely upload this drama...

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 21st, '07, 10:43

Ah! The man himself! :-)

gryzze, thank you very-very much for your hard work for us!! :wub: We'll be patiently waiting, then!
I'll use the occasion to say you are one of people in my personal pantheon :-) 8)

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 21st, '07, 10:44

i only can find a 1024x576 and 640x480 resolution.. you always upload the 704x396 res right gryzze?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Apr 21st, '07, 10:54

Yes, I usually upload a 704x396 version because then most people will be able to play it.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 21st, '07, 11:19

please upload the 1024x576 video if you cant find the 704x396 ^^ or any is fine

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Apr 21st, '07, 13:06

I checked the version that furransu mentioned and the quality was good but the audio was out of sync. That's wasn't hard to fix though. It's uploaded now...

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 21st, '07, 13:09

Thank you for Furransu, Gryzze, and the subbing team for all your effort in subbing this series!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Apr 22nd, '07, 01:00

gryzze wrote:Yes, I usually upload a 704x396 version because then most people will be able to play it.
Thanks a lot gryzze for all that you upload and I download, Thanks so much!

yakuruto_kun

Post by yakuruto_kun » Apr 22nd, '07, 05:43

Watched the first ep. and lloks like an average drama. As an Uchiyama and Horikita fan I'm happy ti see them both in this drama, but so far this looks like a female GTO to me. Of course, I'll keep watching it to see how it develops (and mostly because of Uchiyama).

What did you people think about this first ep?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Apr 22nd, '07, 06:17

yakuruto_kun wrote:Watched the first ep. and lloks like an average drama. As an Uchiyama and Horikita fan I'm happy ti see them both in this drama, but so far this looks like a female GTO to me. Of course, I'll keep watching it to see how it develops (and mostly because of Uchiyama).

What did you people think about this first ep?

Same with you. Its more serious then Gokusen and Rina's character is a lot like the female version of Onziuka.

As someone else said in another forum, this was base off the manga, which was around '77-85, thus being before GTO came out.

Interesting they decided to do this now thus it seems like an overplayed theme for a drama.

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 22nd, '07, 07:25

gyaaaa...no way the manga was aroung '77-'85, coz I've read the manga!!!
I think it's aroung '87-'95...more like '90 to be precise. Coz I've read the manga (the first one, the part about her twin) way after Candy Candy.

Hmmm...I think the Nakki character is way too active, somehow unnatural. But I watched it without sub, so maybe I loose some meanings.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Apr 22nd, '07, 07:36

it is an old manga, there was already a 1980 live action based on it.

but this Rina Uchiyama's drama is based on the sequel, "Seito Shokun! Kyoshi Hen".
i hope the next episodes will be better, the first one was too average for me, its like another GTO/Gokusen.:(

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 26th, '07, 00:19

I don't know how many times I've watched the first episode now (do all fansubbers get to learn their dramas by heart?! XD ) but I am still amazed by the fact that it withstood those many viewings without losing its impact on me for one bit!! :O

As a school dorama, of course we've seen it all before:
- the dedicated teacher :wub:
- her rigid, blasé, even embittered colleagues :|
- the Kouchou - Kyotou - Gakunen Shunin trio, each sucking up to his senior :notworthy:
- the goofy PE teacher :rambo:
- the fashion-victim English teacher 8)
- the students "who cannot trust grown-ups" anymore :glare:
- the all-powerful student clique :fear:
- the teacher's first ally in that class - the weakest student of them all :unsure:

Still, Seito Shokun! manages to take this well-known recipe and somehow make it work for one more time.

The fact that the tone is darker, the direction - great, the cinematography - excellent, the music - riveting, and the acting simply superb, of course, helps a lot :-) :wub:

I was looking forward to watching Uchiyama Rina and Horikita Maki, because not only are they beautiful, but also great actresses, but I must confess I never expected to see such good acting from virtually everyone involved!! :O

Besides the fact that the children look like children, which is a production achievement in itself (congrats to the Casting department! :thumright: ), they can also act!! Their ice-like rejection and downright hostility sent chills down my spine everytime I watched them in action... Ochiai Motoki managed to bring tears to my eyes as Watanabe-kun... Hongo Kanata's Aoki Kohei is not bratty, he is as mean as hell!

Horikita Maki makes my heart freeze. Can there be in her a more mysterious character than Nobuta? Her "Kimura Juria" is a serious candidate.

Uchiyama Rina makes me smile whenever she smiles and feel whatever she feels. I'm head over heels with Kitashiro-sensei already. :wub:

Watanabe Ikkei takes this episode's prize for the sheer relish that he acts with!!! XD I'm already rooting for Miyazawa-san to have a great change of heart and mind by the end of the series, but I'm afraid that's as wishful a thinking as for Sawatari Goro-san, Gokusen's Kyoto, to finally come round! :lol

I'm really looking forward to the next episode now, and wondering how a teacher, who heard her first ever students yell "Die!" to her 33 times in a row, while trying to hit her as hard as they could, will be able to keep up and "never give up"! :roll

sessho

Post by sessho » Apr 26th, '07, 04:37

yep...looking forward for the next eps..
especially for misterious maki-chan..:D

Challenge

Post by Challenge » Apr 26th, '07, 21:48

Ive watched the first episode It wasn't as great as I thought it would be maybe it will get better when the series progresses but even so I loved watching Kanata Hongo hes so cute when he has the bad bratty character lol Not much of a Maki fan but shes pretty cute! I'll definitely be watching this series to the end

urchin

Post by urchin » Apr 26th, '07, 23:11

Thank you all for providing the raws and subs.
Is this drama base on high school students? I've notice in the translation "middle school" was said.

FYI : for those who are familiar with Jpopsuki, ending song YUI - My Generation PV (raw) is up. If you're a first time visitor at Jpopsuki make sure you read the seeding rules.
Last edited by urchin on Apr 27th, '07, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Apr 26th, '07, 23:20

Its a middle school drama.

Considered high school isn't really required and high school dramas are overused, maybe middle school was a new decision for them.
They already have gokusen for their "High School" school drama.

The unique thing in this drama is the 3TDs or whatnot. And I was like "oh geeze" when people are in cliques, they act all strong, but they are all alone and such, they are so weak and useless. Not useless but that boy could not even say a sentence strongly.

Thats why I hate cliques...people take advantage of people.

But this looks like another gachibaka, GTO, and gokusen...school dramas are way too overdone.

The school drama I would say that captured me the most would have to be my boss my hero.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 26th, '07, 23:39

I think this should have been called Gokusen3 or GTO 2. sidenote: Lead actor different person.

I think I figured out who 3TD is about 20 minutes into it. But what I don't understand is why is the setting in middle school. They look to old to be in middle school. And Maki is 17 in middle school. Since its the first episode I don't have much to say about it yet. Although I would be annoyed if I had a teacher like that. Maybe. Then again, she might make the class fun.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 26th, '07, 23:43

As a school dorama, of course we've seen it all before:
- the dedicated teacher
- her rigid, blasé, even embittered colleagues
- the Kouchou - Kyotou - Gakunen Shunin trio, each sucking up to his senior
- the goofy PE teacher
- the fashion-victim English teacher
- the students "who cannot trust grown-ups" anymore
- the all-powerful student clique
- the teacher's first ally in that class - the weakest student of them all
Yep Yep. Just as you said. LMAO

melody_of_logic

Post by melody_of_logic » Apr 27th, '07, 12:10

Does anyone know where to find the original manga? Since this drama is a sequel i want to know the story before it. What IS the title anyway. I heard it's very popular in Indo so i want to read it too. What's the title of the manga?? Maybe i can find it in Kinokuniya...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 27th, '07, 19:09

So far I enjoyed it XD~ even more after with sub ! Thanks Airashii FS XD~ !!

I'm so curious about 3TD, wondering who could it be ??

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Apr 27th, '07, 19:26

I also enjoyed watching it!!! Thanks for the subs arashifansubs!!! I'm guessing that 3TD might be Aoki and Karou but i could be wrong.

aatm

Post by aatm » Apr 28th, '07, 07:01

this early in, i think it's impossible to tell who 3TD is. they'll just change it around and have some sort of twist...of course, if it's based off the manga, those who have read it probably know who's who. Loved Horikita-san in NwP.

But as everyone said...this is just Gokusen 3. Haven't seen GTO yet, but premise seems the same. Hopefully something more interesting will happen to keep me interested in the series, otherwise I may not finish it...as I've finished it already by watching Gokusen 1 and 2.

Here's a spoiler to the ending of the series. In the end, all the students will appreciate her, and they'll learn the value of teachers and true friendship. =) just like the other series.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 28th, '07, 09:48

Thank you to everyone participating in the discussion! :-) I hope everyone is aware that Airashii FanSubs will post subs on this thread as soon as they are ready, each week. (Expect them around Wednesday each week, but please don't be mad with us if ever we are late! XD We'll try to keep everyone updated on the progress. You may consider joining our LiveJournal community. Thank you if you do!)
Tatsuri wrote:Yep Yep. Just as you said. LMAO
Tatsuri, have you also read the rest of my post? :-)

It's great to see there are many people that have been drama fans for quite a while already, and are familiar with GTO, Gokusen, My Boss My Hero, and other school dramas. Maybe you'll want to give this particular series a pass, if you are already bored with the genre XD

I'm sure, however, that there are many people watching it for whom it is their first school drama. Or, who never get tired of seeing the transformation one dedicated, loving, perseverant, courageous individual, who is not afraid of sacrificing a lot for his or her loved ones, is able to work in their hearts and their lives :wub:

Just like aatm said, we already know (or hope we know!) the ending to the series. In this respect, school dramas are like Jane Austen novels: we can already count on the happy outcome. The question is not: what will happen in the end? But: how will they get there?

That's why, even after watching Gokusen 1 and 2, and GTO, and My Boss My Hero, and Long Love Letter, I'm looking forward to each episode of Seito Shokun! :-)

If there are more people reading this thread for whom the theme is new, or people who are enjoying it nevertheless, I encourage you to post your thoughts!

Ela (gabi)

Post by Ela (gabi) » Apr 28th, '07, 10:37

Hi I'm Ela and I from Poland^^ I love manga and anime^^

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Apr 28th, '07, 15:55

just saw ep 2 RAW and i think it's good! i've seen GTO and after seeing ep 2 i don't think its too much like GTO anymore, but maybe it will later? i don't know but so far i'm likeing seito shokun!!! can't wait for subs!! ep 3 seem really good too!

aatm

Post by aatm » Apr 28th, '07, 18:09

Liantasse wrote:
Just like aatm said, we already know (or hope we know!) the ending to the series. In this respect, school dramas are like Jane Austen novels: we can already count on the happy outcome. The question is not: what will happen in the end? But: how will they get there?
point well taken. granted, it does seem darker than Gokusen, which is the only one of the school drama's I've seen so far...after finishing Nodame Cantabile, maybe I'll watch Long Love Letter, as I have it already...waiting to be watched.

but yes, i suppose it'lll be interesting to see how they all go from creepy little zombie kids to valuing and appreciating life in all respects.

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Apr 28th, '07, 20:17

so at the end of ep 1, i learned that seito shokun = dear students. somehow thats kinda cute, this series gathers a bunch of my favoite teen actors :X

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Apr 28th, '07, 23:31

Hello, Ela!! :-) Welcome on d-addicts!

kawaiimomo, I share your feelings! :lol :wub:

aatm, thank you for the kind response :-) and yes, do watch LLL. It's a real gem. :wub:

shinhaku, "My dear students" was the best way I found to express in English the original, which is more like "Messieurs les élèves" (in French) or "Domnilor elevi" (in Romanian, my own language, not that it would make much sense to most anyone here XD ) or even "Ladies and gentlemen", with the mention that the ladies and the gentlemen in question are students!! :lol (seito = student, or students; shokun = gentlemen, and also - a form of address)

So, the idea seems to be that Kitashiro-sensei addresses her students in a way that shows she respects them as mature people and is also challenging them to be just that!!! At least, so far as I can understand it... :roll

If anyone could give us better explanations, or even a better translation of the title, that would be really welcome! :-)

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Apr 29th, '07, 01:41

thanks for the explaination :), i'm dling ep 2 now, this series is not bad, the 3TD seems to be a new thing comparing to other school dramas. I must say boys grow so quick, i just watched their dramas last year or so and they were playing elementary kids and now they're like super tall XD. Maki and Hongo starred in the movie Hinokio XD. I like the kid who starred in Queen's classroom but forgot his name XD. Hongo always get the cool + calm role XD. I like that kid XD. His name is kinda unique too XD

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Apr 29th, '07, 05:43

I almost lost my breath when I saw maki in it. I didn't know....I had no idea. Anyways, the teacher is hot as well. She's very athletic and got a nice body. I usually don't notice J-girl's body that much, but she got a nice one. Show is okay. The idea seems great, but just didn't go through. I'll watch the rest, but not a keeper.

airskape

Post by airskape » May 1st, '07, 11:33

just watched ep 1..dont really know what to think of it. i could hardly get through the whole episode it was that bad. its quite lame in my opinion
been done too many times before, and this is done worse than its predecessors. ie. gokusen, gto, etc.
so many cliche things in here, such as the hot english teacher who has absolutely nothing to contribute to the storyline

the acting is quite bad too, mostly from the teaching staff. not talking about naoko though, she is not too bad

i wonder if maki will have a bigger role in this drama in later episodes, she only really got one scene when she was sitting on the piano

anyway like most dramas, ill stick around for a few more episodes and see how it pans out..

the only thing i liked about this so far is the yui ed lol :roll

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » May 7th, '07, 03:10

I was getting bored, but by the end of episode 2, it was starting to get interesting. Don't get me wrong, not a keeper and very corny, but I like to see what happens next.
ep2, the students hate teachers cuz their homeroom teacher from last year ditched them in the woods...LOL! As a result, they hate teachers. What a bunch of woosies! How stupid to judge all teachers by one? It's funny how they were all happy go lucky with their old teacher. I just wanted to hug somebody cuz everybody was so happy...haha.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » May 8th, '07, 17:59

shinhaku wrote:Hongo always get the cool + calm role XD
Cool + calm probably describes this one and the one from his Prince of Tennis movie, but i would also say his characters always has some kind of attitude problem
:roll :roll :roll

plus the kid looks like he always gets pissed off about something so easily

KiKKai

Post by KiKKai » May 12th, '07, 00:36

I really like Seito Shokun!!^^
Especially Kanata Kun :cheers:
When I watched ep 3...I was so surprise O.O
He's mean as hell as someone here said
Can't wait for the next episode :lol

ferine

Post by ferine » May 12th, '07, 05:55

I like Seito Shokun!! I think so far the best episode is the 2nd one. By the end of the episode I was crying and was sooooo angry at the ugly and selfish teacher. It's a pity Maki's scenes are very little. i think the episode with the most scenes of Maki is the 2nd epidsode and that was the BEST! But no worries!! Next episode is Nakki vs 3TD. So Maki will appear more often. Anyway, have I ever mentioned 3TD is so cool! Tho they're a little despicable at times. But it's understandable after learning about their past. They are kids after all who want to protect their classmates from those evil and unfeeling teachers of that school. they have seen the teachers real colours

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » May 19th, '07, 21:49

i saw the 3rd ep and the teacher i s a real bastard! he's so two faced. i saw ep 5 raw and it's getting really interesting!! :-) i wonder wut Juria is hiding, cause she was freaking out when she was getting a phone call, i'm really curious to know!!! can't wait for subs!!

Chrnoangel

Post by Chrnoangel » Jun 9th, '07, 16:41

Just wanted to say that i've really enjoyed this drama so far. I really like hongo's and maki's characters. :D and I can't wait to see the rest.
I hope someone will upload behind the scenes or tv specials of seito shokun :P
and thanks to Airashii fansubs for subbing it thus far :thumright:

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Jun 10th, '07, 17:19

K.T.Tran wrote:
shinhaku wrote:Hongo always get the cool + calm role XD
Cool + calm probably describes this one and the one from his Prince of Tennis movie, but i would also say his characters always has some kind of attitude problem
:roll :roll :roll

plus the kid looks like he always gets pissed off about something so easily

Kanata needs a happy role. XD

-----

YAY!! just finished watching episode 2. I wasn't interested in this drama at first, cause the plot seems like another student-hate-teacher thingy. but OMG.. the second episode proved me wrong. LOL. I like it now and will definitely continue to watch it, not just for Kanata, but for the story! I hope it doesn't get draggy though. thanks for subbing this Airashii~~

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jun 10th, '07, 18:32

Ah, thank you so much to everyone who is watching! It won't be too long before Airashii can get down to work once more and I'll do all I can so we can catch up and enjoy the series at a lively pace again!

ly_ygtq

Post by ly_ygtq » Jun 19th, '07, 03:50

this drama is so typically "hot-blooded female teacher saves the students" type of drama.. it gets too repetitive...... but I watch it for Kanata and Maki's sake =v=....
and the guy who plays Kaoru is kawaii too

Keizou

[Discussion] Seito Shokun! (a weird but good school drama)

Post by Keizou » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:06

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seito_Shokun!

I just started watching this drama a few days ago. This really different school drama from any other school drama I've seen. Seito Shokun has a more serious tone than most school dramas.

So far, it's pretty good. It's not as enjoyable to watch as Nobuta or My Boss, my hero but if you want something that's totally different then you should watch this.

I only thing I didn't like is that sometimes the characters act silly when there's a serious mood. There are also many other times when the character's actions don't fit with what's going on in the plot. But at least Maki Horikita is in it :cheers: NOBUTA POWER :salut:

Just wondering what other people thought of it. :whistling:
Last edited by Keizou on Jul 3rd, '07, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

jussi

Post by jussi » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:16

I like it, the plot is interesting. I have only seen 4 eps though, because i watch it subbed.
Last edited by jussi on Jul 3rd, '07, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:16

same here i just have a chance to watch it few days ago
it's good drama but hte main propose that i watc this drama is...
i want to see how Mizobata Junpei acting lol
btw it's good drama

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:37

i agree that this drama is very weirrrd

sometimes japanese school dramas make me feel very confused. are highschoolers in Japan always be that naughty and powerful ? maybe they just exagerate the situations but still sometimes it's scarry.. i don't know if i could survive if i was a japanese. i'm very meek 8)

regarding this drama, up to ep4, there's nothing much interesting.. in every scene i have a feeling of deja-vu (thanks to Gachibaka, Gokusen, GTO, Nobuta, Dragon Zakura and companies.. )

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:51

It's just a drama. Thinking that kids might be that powerful at school is being forgetful that maybe the producers want to convey a message that we Westerners can't grasp but with utmost difficulties, or like thinking that there really are students like Hana Yori Dango's F4.
Take all that with a bit more of a leeway and it will become a much more enjoyable drama.
The bad point though: Maki Horikita, unlike Uchiyama Rina, doesn't fit in at all. I used to think that Uchiyama was not such a good actress but she proved me wrong here. However, Horikita isn't convincing at all.
Nevertheless.... Burn all those brats !!!!!! :rambo: :fight:

Keizou

Post by Keizou » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:56

I agree that Maki Horikita doesn't fit in this drama. Her role in this drama is kind of evil and she doesn't get much dialog other than saying "We have no need of teachers"

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:58

yeah, she's still got a long way to go to be able to play Dr Evil. Maybe getting some acting classes would help ?...

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Jul 3rd, '07, 14:01

Tried to watch this drama but the "big revelation" was so badly scripted and acted, it disrupted any "suspense of disbelief" I'd been able to hold on to until then. A pity really, looked like a promising drama with a good cast :-(

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 3rd, '07, 14:41

when you've been watching a lot of school dramas, a same style drama without break-out becomes less enjoyable. the perfect one is the first and the worst is the last, wouldn't you agree ?

maybe the director is not very good (i'm trying to not blaming the cast). i always see the vip guy from the edu board drinking a water bottle (advertizing agreement ?), maybe he feels too hot in his suits or only feels bored for not talking much and always be in a air-conditionned car. the teacher always screams out loud her slogan. the guy who is said the brain after all 3TD's plan, i must say there's no plan at all..

but i will continue watching the drama, maybe there will be more details that make me change my mind..

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jul 3rd, '07, 14:46

chickenruns wrote:when you've been watching a lot of school dramas, a same style drama without break-out becomes less enjoyable. the perfect one is the first and the worst is the last, wouldn't you agree ?
Not really: my 1st was Gokusen (funny but not oustanding), my last has been Seito Shokun (good but not the best) and among all the others I've watched, the only one really standing out was Joou no Kyoushitsu, and it came in the middle. And I must admit that Seito Shokun, although not being as promising as I thought first, is far better that Dragonzakura and the likes.

Anyway, let's wait and watch...

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 22nd, '07, 23:37

sue me ! but i really hate this drama.. too silly for year 2007 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momoji

Post by momoji » Jul 23rd, '07, 23:27

is it me or does it seem that the board of education guy is like hiting on kitashiro sensei....mmhmmm anyway he kinda look good in that suit...any man who wears a sharp suit always look good.... the series seem promising so far i like mari when she was playing basket ball....