[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 11th, '07, 23:38

lilsh0rtnancy wrote:Does anyone know which clubbox has ep. 9 uploaded?

Thanks for all the spoilers! I wasn't here for the refreshing action, but it was still exciting! Thanks!
nancy, it's on windjp. :D i mailed you btw!! :lol

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jun 12th, '07, 00:14

any1 know what's happening with the btpig website? i can't get on it and I am sure the chinese sub is out .. or i hope ^^

any1 know what happened to them?

No_Moon

Post by No_Moon » Jun 12th, '07, 00:36

lunargen wrote:
you know, I WONDER THE EXACT SAME THING...
wtf is up hers?!?!!? my god, really i can't figure out what Ken's supposed to get AT ALL. T.T :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: honestly, in as much as i'd like to NOT TO HAVE TO WATCH THIS AGAIN, i have no choice.... T.T but thank god, it's gonna be a whole lot easier to translate this time, last week had a lot of terms i had to look up for hehehe...

and graymouse!!! haha good thing i didn't open any of the spoilers, or else i would've been completely spoiled ahahah! but the effort was much appreciated *too bad my internet was f-ing up so i wasn't here to see it T.T *
sorry but i have to disagree a bit...
keep in mind this is like devil's advocate because the only thing i really wanna see at the end of this is ken and rei get together and understand each other (and maybe married!! :D)

this is just from personal experience dating seriously with japanese guys, but the thing ken isn't getting is that rei and tada are already seriously dating. when you go out with someone here, depending on the people, it is a real committment (possibly already comparable to marriage?). ken needed to stop tada's confession in the first place, or stop rei from going out with him. one or the other. once they are already going out, ken can do nothing but hope they would break up, or urge rei's real feelings for him so that would cause her to feel conflict of interest and thus lead to a break-up. once tada and rei are broken up, he could swoop in and really win rei's heart. obviously that did not happen...

in my opinion, ken's botched proposal is caused by rei's sense of duty to tada (as her bf) and the fact that he couldn't get her to go out with him first. ken still doesn't get it-- rei's wanted him practically her whole life, and he's pushed her away emotionally for 98% of that time. when she's finally found someone else who makes her happy (or will at least try to 100% of the time), why should she go for a negative (ken)??? so he's got a ring, and he's kissed her, and he's taken her to see her grandpa. all these things endeared him to her greatly, and also terribly confused her. she doesn't FEEL they could break out of their "more than friends less than lovers" relationship. so they haven't yet. remember, the fairy said it would take a lot to change someone's heart-- yes, A LOT-- by that he means, the damaged party (rei in this case) would need to feel understood. ken could have done this with sheer honesty, but he freezes up when she rejects him.

for those of you wondering about eri and tsuru and how that was EASY, i think it's because of eri's expectation and tsuru's... tsuru supports her, unfailingly (predictable) but always is cool about her rejections and his personality surprises and delights her (attractive). he doesn't freeze up like ken (unattractive).

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 12th, '07, 01:42

*tears* I envy all of you who understand Japanese I have to wait until it comes out with the English subs
:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
lol

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 12th, '07, 02:30

For those who care about this stuff, ratings for episode 9 declined from last week. It scored just 18.1%, which is only, oh, five or six points ahead of its nearest competitor for the week. So my prediction was wrong. But who wants to bet episode 10 will crack 20%?

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 12th, '07, 05:40

pwner4once wrote:any1 know what's happening with the btpig website? i can't get on it and I am sure the chinese sub is out .. or i hope ^^

Btpig and TVBT are both down because of server overload. However, you can find their torrents on bt1.btchina.net or other websites.
Here: http://www.lanzi.info/[TVBT]Proposal_Da ... ed.torrent

I must say, Chinese subbers are going crazy! Subs out at 5am?

@Joeboygo: It will definitely break 20%, since it looks like Episode 10 will be a more lighthearted one.

Somehow I don't think Episode 10 will be Ken's last timeslip.
Last edited by kilaalaa on Jun 12th, '07, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 12th, '07, 05:42

I'll say 19.5% at most, but I don't think it'll hit 20%. =)

Just curious...I don't know about you all, but if I was ken...
at this point...even if Mikio did help out and put in another picture...I would give up. Rejection after rejection after let down after let down...yes, i know, on BOTH sides. While I don't necessarily believe in karma, I think after a certain point, it's a little futile...and approaches the unofficial definition of insanity - doing the same things over and over while expecting different results.
But I guess it's all dependant on how important your goal is to you. it seems as though at this point
ken's going to have to make someone unhappy...either tada or himself...and i wonder if he's willing to do that to be with rei....either someone's going to be unhappy, or someone's going to have to be thoroughly understanding. or maybe he'll just have yosei erase his memory...if he can...*shrug*...this is more and more looking like a "ken not getting rei in the end and us viewers learning a lesson from it" sort of thing...

but of course, i'm not sure at all.

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Jun 12th, '07, 06:25

Ken uses the most difficult path. It seems that Tada proposed to Rei. If Rei accept it will down for Ken.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 12th, '07, 06:27

aatm:

O ye of little faith. Do you honestly believe the message this show is going to send to its target mass audience is "give up and accept defeat?" Tsk tsk. Such an unconventional ending is extremely difficult to pull off in a way that would satisfy the average viewer. That's why that sort of thing is usually reserved for avant garde or artsy-fartsy cinema with what they call "boutique" appeal. Here in America we a have a technical term for avant garde storytelling. It's called box office poison. This is most likely not that kind of show.

All you Tada supporters (yes, all five of you) had better do your celebrating now because your sun is about to set. Episode 9 is the high water mark of Tada's romantic inroads, and it's all downhill for him and y'all from here on out. I have inhaled the sacred gas (imported from Tijuana) to commune with the gods of creative writing, and this they have have so decreed.

I swear, when this series is over, after Ken and Rei kiss again (and this time, girlfriend's gonna get some tongue), we will have to have an awards ceremony to crown the "paciensia queen" for the least patient and intemperate poster, and the "dona de doom and gloom" for most pessimistic. (I have at least two nominees for paciensia queen. Guess who?)

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 12th, '07, 07:05

1. Lunargen
2. kilaalaa

I am guilty as charged. HAHAHA Now Lunargen, are you going to plead innocence?

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Jun 12th, '07, 07:10

joeboygo wrote:aatm:

O ye of little faith. Do you honestly believe the message this show is going to send to its target mass audience is "give up and accept defeat?" Tsk tsk. Such an unconventional ending is extremely difficult to pull off in a way that would satisfy the average viewer. That's why that sort of thing is usually reserved for avant garde or artsy-fartsy cinema with what they call "boutique" appeal. Here in America we a have a technical term for avant garde storytelling. It's called box office poison. This is most likely not that kind of show.

All you Tada supporters (yes, all five of you) had better do your celebrating now because your sun is about to set. Episode 9 is the high water mark of Tada's romantic inroads, and it's all downhill for him and y'all from here on out. I have inhaled the sacred gas (imported from Tijuana) to commune with the gods of creative writing, and this they have have so decreed.

I swear, when this series is over, after Ken and Rei kiss again (and this time, girlfriend's gonna get some tongue), we will have to have an awards ceremony to crown the "paciensia queen" for the least patient and intemperate poster, and the "dona de doom and gloom" for most pessimistic. (I have at least two nominees for paciensia queen. Guess who?)
Dude that's too funny XD not so sure about the last paragraph though :blink lol.

Anyway I shall remain the optimist and agree. Based on the tone of this series splitting up the two lead characters is highly uncharacteristic and is essentially as joyboygo states "box office poison". In short, I'm sure a heck of a lot of people will be immensely pissed if Rei and Ken don't end up together especially after all the pains Ken has gone through time slipping and even nearly giving up. It would send a very bad message across to people--there's no hope, just give up and move on. I sure hope not.
If Ken and Rei do not end up together, this would definitely go against all clues and themes throughout the series that subtly suggest otherwise up until the rolling end credits. It suggests a happy ending. Otherwise, there is little to no point in the "fairy" giving Ken another chance in hopes of him finding his happiness. As they get closer to the end, things begin to subtly change the present time and more of his friends become aware of his feelings for Rei. Mikio even comes in to help out and his appearance in the pictures are more noticable. It could just be me wishing badly that this ends on a high note.

Anyway, as much of a good guy he is, Tada's feelings for Rei still creep me out. It's just so wrong. It just really disturbs me how Rei could end up marrying her teacher (eew) and basically settling. I feel no real love from Rei to Tada, but rather respect and indebtedness. I probably wouldn't be as against the whole relationship had it been another guy she genuinely liked. Sometimes I wish Ken actually had another girlfriend rather than continually pining and misleading Rei throughout their years together. Maybe then Rei would realize how strong her feelings are for Ken and break it off with Tada. Afterall, sometimes you don't know the value of what you have until it's no longer yours.
Well, until then I eagerly wait for ep9 subs and the last two episodes. It's fun to investigate possible theories and how deep people will actually look into things to confirm what they wish to believe. I just hope all this "reading into" the story turns into something postively fruitful :scratch: [/b]

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 12th, '07, 07:29

joeboygo wrote:aatm:

oh joeboygo, we shall see young padawan, we shall see. i, too, used to believe in the-so-called happy ending, but do you think an "ends justifies the means" ending is any better than a "learn by another's mistake's" ending? at this point in the timeline
ken doesn't really have anymore chances to change the future incognito. the relationship and proposal are already established. of course rei is a little hesitant in her acceptance, but she accepted it nonetheless. therefore, someone will probably get hurt in the end.
too tired ot expand on it right now, but we shall see.

i still am forseeing no higher than 19.5% viewership for ep 10, considering no ep so far has gotten more than a 19.3 and that was the first episode. the final episode will be over 20. but not ep 10.

i've got a nominee for the "freak out award" which will go to the person who took something way WAY out of context and snapped at posters because of their personal experience...(no joeboygo, not you)...but, nevermind that.

[/spoiler]

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 12th, '07, 08:07

RE: Rei marrying her "teacher"

Technically Tada wasn't really her teacher right?

I thought he was still in college at the time and as a requirement to becoming a teacher, he had to "intern" at a high school to graduate?

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 12th, '07, 08:19

aatm wrote: i, too, used to believe in the-so-called happy ending, but do you think an "ends justifies the means" ending is any better than a "learn by another's mistake's" ending?
If this wasn't a fairy tale I might buy into your theory a litlle bit. But this IS a fairy tale. You know how I can tell? It's got a fairy in it. :P

But seriously, even in fairy tales somebody gets hurt. Por ejemplo, in Sleeping Beauty the wicked witch got hurt. In fact, if memory serves, they up and killed her ass dead they did. Ditto in Cinderella. And since romance is a zero-sum game, any story featuring a pair of rivals vying for the same woman is bound to end with a winner and a loser. They can't both win, because a menage would seriously mess with the conventional romantic ideal. I guess what I'm saying is pick the horse you wanna bet on. My money's on Ken. He's the one jiji entrusted Rei to.

Besides the prominent plot clues, let me lay out why I feel Ken should win from a "fairness" perspective. We already know Rei is the only girl Ken's ever been in love with, and nobody can replace her, what with all the years they spent together. As for Tada, I think he fell for Rei the same way hatchlings call the first thing they see when they emerge from their shells "momma:" Rei just happened to be standing there at the moment of his way way tardy "awakening." I wouldn't worry too much about him getting hurt. So he gets busted, big deal. He was fishing in the wrong pond anyway, and compared to the wicked witch, he's getting off easy. Besides, Tada could use some pain to grow his late-bloomer ass up properly. Pain did a lot of good for Ken's maturation process. I say Tada needs to get a good dose of it too. The creepo.

cgme:

He was her professor in college.
Last edited by joeboygo on Jun 12th, '07, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 12th, '07, 08:31

@joe: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You got a valid point. Tada is one sick little freak. Besides who in the Hell thinks up the crap that Tada does........at their wedding of all places! Did you see that look Rei gave him after Tada so happily told her that if he adds up all the people attending the receiption times it by his birthday and multiply it by the numerator "of what the hell is Rei doing with this dork" and then divide it by the recipial of stupidity and then finally take the circumference of two parallel lines........WTF!

If I was sitting next to Rei I wouldn't be worried about some stupid math fantasy world I would be giving her ALL the attention that she deserves!

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Jun 12th, '07, 08:50

joeboygo wrote:
aatm wrote: i, too, used to believe in the-so-called happy ending, but do you think an "ends justifies the means" ending is any better than a "learn by another's mistake's" ending?
If this wasn't a fairy tale I might buy into your theory a litlle bit. But this IS a fairy tale. You know how I can tell? It's got a fairy in it. :P

But seriously, even in fairy tales somebody gets hurt. Por ejemplo, in Sleeping Beauty the wicked witch got hurt. In fact, if memory serves, they up and killed her ass dead they did. Ditto in Cinderella. And since romance is a zero-sum game, any story featuring a pair of rivals vying for the same woman is bound to end with a winner and a loser. They can't both win, because a menage would seriously mess with the conventional romantic ideal. I guess what I'm saying is pick the horse you wanna bet on. My money's on Ken. He's the one jiji entrusted Rei to.

We already know Rei is the only girl Ken's ever been in love with, and nobody can replace her, what with all the years they spent together. As for Tada, I think he fell for Rei the same way hatchlings call the first thing they see when they emerge from their shells "momma:" Rei just happened to be standing there at the moment of his way way tardy "awakening." I wouldn't worry too much about him getting hurt. So he gets busted, big deal. He was fishing in the wrong pond anyway, and compared to the wicked witch, he's getting off easy. Besides, he needs the pain to properly grow his late-bloomer ass up properly. Pain did a lot of good for Ken's maturation process. I say Tada needs to get some too. The creepo.

cgme:

to me, tada seems more of a TA for her. He seems to have either none, or very few students. I don't think he is a complete professor yet. I don't think you can go from being a student teacher for a hs class to a college professor in one year. He doesn't even seem to be teaching anything except general comments about the style of her drawings. He seems to be concentrating his own models more than teaching. I can see a student going out with a TA after their class ends. I think it being him is good for the show because you can introduce him earlier in the show. Otherwise, if it wasn't him, it would have to be a student. If it was a student, more people would want that student to be with Rei at the end, because he would also be a childhood friend of hers. The writers want the audience to think a certain way, and they want us to want the hero to win her. By being her longtime childhood friend, more people will be drawn to him than tada, which is what the writers want. By doing it this way, the writer can more easily control the way the viewer believes which allows them to create a show that attracts more viewers and pissing off less ones. This was probably the best way to make Tada seem like the obvious wrong person for Rei without making him seem like a total jackass.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 12th, '07, 09:07

kilaalaa wrote:1. Lunargen
2. kilaalaa

I am guilty as charged. HAHAHA Now Lunargen, are you going to plead innocence?
At least you're not also competing for "Denial Queen" :P Just one more week, and you'll again be dancing in romantic comedy nirvana. *crosses fingers*

fastat3m:

Good point bro. I personally believe it was a mistake to cast Naohito as Tada. I think they should have gone for a blander looking actor to match the vanilla personality. The teacher-student thing was thrown in to wierd a few people out, but they narrowed the age gap so it doesn't become a slam dunk moral win for Ken from the get-go. Instead of unanimous revulsion, Tada triggers just slight discomfort that some people feel while others don't. It's a subtle touch, and well played, improving the story a great deal.

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Jun 12th, '07, 13:35

What happened to the raw of ep 9?

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Jun 12th, '07, 13:50

LightningEmperor wrote:What happened to the raw of ep 9?
no idea...but go to this site....

http://bittersweet-bun.livejournal.com/ ... tml#cutid1

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 12th, '07, 13:58

Episode 10 text and video previews are out on the official site!

The video features Tada, and I refuse to watch it. -____-

But Episode 10 text previews:
Some people were wondering what part Rei's parents play in this show, and it seems that they finally have something to do in Episode 10!

The main gist:

Rei's wedding is coming. The gang decide to meet up. Ken is at a loss at what to do when he sees how happy Rei is. (Really? Rei is happy with creepo?)

They go to Rei's house to do something for the video for the wedding. While Ken looks at Jiji's (deceased) photo, Rei's mom tells him that she always thought that Rei would marry Ken. (YAYYYYYYYY!)

It is Tada's awards party that night. Tada introduces Rei as his fiancee to his guests.
-----------------------------------------------
Honestly, I hope Episode 11 ends like The Graduate. That would be pretty dramatic but would Rei have that kind of courage to dump Tada at the altar? I sure hope so.
@joeboygo: I'm hoping for romantic comedy nirvana too! *croses fingers*
Last edited by kilaalaa on Jun 12th, '07, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 12th, '07, 15:17

ahoy, quite some noise here! XD

and yes, i personally declare myself as the number one nominee *if not the winner* hahaha of both pacensia queen *this sounds off though cause pacensia DOES translate to patient (yes i know a bit of spanish too)* and the donna of doom ahahaha. And i still stand by my case! I think the only thing that will dispell this would be a bright and shining smile from Ken. If Rei can do that, she is redeemed, but not forgiven hwahahaha.

okay i go off to translating this inhuman episode. see you in a couple of days!

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 12th, '07, 15:28

LightningEmperor wrote:What happened to the raw of ep 9?
you can download it from here..

http://www.haruka-nature.com/windjp/index-dl070612.html

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 12th, '07, 15:42

kilaalaa wrote:
pwner4once wrote:any1 know what's happening with the btpig website? i can't get on it and I am sure the chinese sub is out .. or i hope ^^

Btpig and TVBT are both down because of server overload. However, you can find their torrents on bt1.btchina.net or other websites.

@Joeboygo: It will definitely break 20%, since it looks like Episode 10 will be a more lighthearted one.

This is not the first time that both sites collapsed on a Monday... I think that all the addicts looking for their prodai fix is overloading them. Only easing after the subs are released. Anyhow, it seems that TVBT has been beating SubPig in release time by a few hours for most of the dramas

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jun 12th, '07, 16:06

The reason you don't see the RAW here is that the upload part of D-Addicts trackers is not working. I try to upload a torrent and site just hangs there. The browser just kept on saying "waiting", but never times out.

Here's the torrent for the SUBPIG's Chinese version.
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kurosaki_frank

Post by kurosaki_frank » Jun 12th, '07, 17:43

i just finished watching episode 8
and for what i can see, eps 9 is nothing better
i mean the eps was great, the part where kenzou cries :'(
I really disliked how Rei was smiling when telling a crushed kenzou that she used to like him n stuff
that was really cruel from her...
even though it was to be clean with Mr. Tada
i dont hate tada, i do dislike Rei, i know it wont, because it will be meaningless but...
before i was hoping end like kenzou dating rei, now i think that rei should really stay married to tada san
kenzou should walk through the forget path

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 12th, '07, 18:02

auroragb wrote:This is not the first time that both sites collapsed on a Monday... I think that all the addicts looking for their prodai fix is overloading them. Only easing after the subs are released. Anyhow, it seems that TVBT has been beating SubPig in release time by a few hours for most of the dramas
Yeah I think TVBT got sick of SubPig beating them in release time, and they decided to retaliate. But well, better for us fans anyway! :P

I think I understand Rei a bit now. I think.
In Episode 9, after Ken proposed, it went something like:

"...............
Why?
(could it be she's waiting for him to say he's liked her all his life?)

Why say this now?
................"
(All these long pauses. Could it be she's waiting for him to say that line?)

If its like this, *slaps hand to forehead*. I give up on Rei for being so anal. Ken too is equally at fault.

But BOOOOO. I rather see Mikio and girlfriend twirling around.

vtx

Post by vtx » Jun 12th, '07, 18:59

Just watched finished ep 9...here are my thoughts...

Ken still didn't say that 3 words...or rather this mouthful..." I LOVE U ALL THESE WHILE BUT THESE THREE WORDS CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT OUT MY MOUTH....!"
No wonder she pushes him away... A year and a half has passed, tada has been dating Rei all this while, and all Ken has to say is "don't marry tada, marry me"... Ill be pissed if i was Rei too. I have a feeling these 3 words will be coming out of kenzou's mouth in the finale... not in ep 10... :thumright:

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 12th, '07, 19:06

@ joeboygo

you bring up a good point that yes, it is a fairy tale...or a pseudo-fairy tale. i, however, am starting to see more Aesopica characteristics rather than fairy tale here. Before every time slip, the fairy tells Ken what he should try and do, ken time slips and during his time there, learns more about himself and realizes more of the bigger picture than just he changing the future to marry Rei, and then upon returning to the present, the fairy tries to teach him a lesson about what he did.

(random thought...did anyone notice the symbolism in ken's pitching...
the final number he hit was the 5...which, there are five friends...and he was attempting to distance himself from them...but after "knocking them out"...broke down crying...
...probably obvious, but just thought about it now. *shrug*

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jun 12th, '07, 19:13

vtx wrote:Just watched finished ep 9...here are my thoughts...

Ken still didn't say that 3 words...or rather this mouthful..." I LOVE U ALL THESE WHILE BUT THESE THREE WORDS CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT OUT MY MOUTH....!"
No wonder she pushes him away... A year and a half has passed, tada has been dating Rei all this while, and all Ken has to say is "don't marry tada, marry me"... Ill be pissed if i was Rei too. I have a feeling these 3 words will be coming out of kenzou's mouth in the finale... not in ep 10... :thumright:
where did you watch episode 9??.. i've been looking for it.. anyways i hope that they do end up togehter becasue thats what i've been waiting for since the dorama started..lol ..he has had many chances to tell her how he really feels he really dosent have to say i love you as long as he says what vtx wrote " dont marry tada marry me" then i guess that shows what he feels.. right?? im so excited to watch the rest :D

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jun 12th, '07, 19:41

where did u watch it :| :| :| :| :| :|

finish watching the 8 ep *cry* :cry:
cried alot with yamapi *tears*

uffffffff the worst part when Rei waz like I USED TO LIKE U in this part i began 2 cry like death
OMG i waz the one heart broken uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

janoo

Post by janoo » Jun 12th, '07, 19:42

Everyone whos posted their thoughts have made such great points that I almost feel dishearted to make my own. ;P But as for my own little review thoughts etc. As the series winds down I feel I understand Ken's character a little more as well as Rei's. Its just really unfortunate how things are slowly breaking their connection, but I guess this is how this drama is relatable since we've all probably seen/felt/witnessed a breaking connection with someone once important.
As for Ken's confession - I almost feel like I don't want to hear it. I haven't seen ep.9 yet so maybe I'm speaking too soon, but Ken's character to me is started to get tiresome to watch; almost painful. Maybe thats the writters intent and I may be offending some YamaP fans out there, but I feel this is true. It seems that as he goes back and he is closer to his confession, it just makes him look more and more pathetic. Almost as if .. because he can't say what he feels, I feel there has to be a reason why besides the reasons that are clearly shown. I guess I'd like to think that hes finally realising that maybe if he isnt the one making her happy, thats good enough for him (too cliche I know) - He did say in Ep. 8 (during his first wish) that he felt a little happiness because he realised the bittersweetness of loving rei and having her in his life right?

I hope that makes sense and if not, it did in my head HAHAHA! I guess I'll have to watch 9 to see what happens next. "Last time she called me Ken-kou." Wow...

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 12th, '07, 19:49

aatm wrote:@ joeboygo

you bring up a good point that yes, it is a fairy tale...or a pseudo-fairy tale. i, however, am starting to see more Aesopica characteristics rather than fairy tale here. Before every time slip, the fairy tells Ken what he should try and do, ken time slips and during his time there, learns more about himself and realizes more of the bigger picture than just he changing the future to marry Rei, and then upon returning to the present, the fairy tries to teach him a lesson about what he did.

(random thought...did anyone notice the symbolism in ken's pitching...
the final number he hit was the 5...which, there are five friends...and he was attempting to distance himself from them...but after "knocking them out"...broke down crying...
...probably obvious, but just thought about it now. *shrug*
Bro, I'm glad you don't get hot under the collar. I'm not saying you're wrong, because things can end up just the way you called it. But honestly, it would suck big time for me if that happened. If a bad ending is tacked onto this show, it will have utterly no redeeming value to me, and I'm going to want back the many hours I spent watching it and discussing it. That's why at this point my brain is hardwired to reject any possibility that Ken and Rei will not end up together. My biggest concern right now is that Ken may win, but in a half-assed, wuzzy kind of way. There are so many ways this thing can go wrong for me, and just two or three ways for it to end perfectly.

On another note, I'm so grateful for the anonymity these forums provide. If any of my friends found out I've been so into this, it would be mortally embarrassing for me.

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 12th, '07, 19:53

joeboygo wrote:cgme:

Ah... ok, I somehow missed that.

Yeah, now I feel it's slightly creepier. I guess their ages aren't that far apart but that student/teacher relationship is a bit strange (I knew this one college professor that married a student that was 20 years younger!)

ETA:
fastat3m wrote:to me, tada seems more of a TA for her. He seems to have either none, or very few students. I don't think he is a complete professor yet. I don't think you can go from being a student teacher for a hs class to a college professor in one year. He doesn't even seem to be teaching anything except general comments about the style of her drawings. He seems to be concentrating his own models more than teaching. I can see a student going out with a TA after their class ends...
Hmmm... that makes sense too. LOL. I can see a TA going out with a student because they aren't that far apart.

But either way, I don't like Tada. so there. Haha! :D

Oh, and who would be pissed if it ended on a cliffhanger? Like...
Ken bursts into the wedding right before Rei is going to say yes and Ken admits his love for her, telling her to not get married.

And just as Rei is going to answer.... it ends...

janoo

Post by janoo » Jun 12th, '07, 20:01

Oh, and who would be pissed if it ended on a cliffhanger? Like...
Ken bursts into the wedding right before Rei is going to say yes and Ken admits his love for her, telling her to not get married.

And just as Rei is going to answer.... it ends...
[/quote]

I think that would be displeasing to the viewers - I know I'd be rather "WTF"ed about it.

janoo

Post by janoo » Jun 12th, '07, 20:03

joeboygo wrote:
On another note, I'm so grateful for the anonymity these forums provide. If any of my friends found out I've been so into this, it would be mortally embarrassing for me.
amen. Truely..

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 12th, '07, 21:46

joeboygo wrote:
Bro, I'm glad you don't get hot under the collar. I'm not saying you're wrong, because things can end up just the way you called it. But honestly, it would suck big time for me if that happened. If a bad ending is tacked onto this show, it will have utterly no redeeming value to me, and I'm going to want back the many hours I spent watching it and discussing it. That's why at this point my brain is hardwired to reject any possibility that Ken and Rei will not end up together. My biggest concern right now is that Ken may win, but in a half-assed, wuzzy kind of way. There are so many ways this thing can go wrong for me, and just two or three ways for it to end perfectly.
I've put in my time on other forums enough to know that while I may not agree with everyone's opinion, they are just as entitled to voicing theirs as I am mine. It's just meant as friendly debate.

I guess I should clarify what my point of view is...I stlil am hoping for the "fairy-tale ending" however, at this point, it seems that any time slips here on out seem a little futile, but of course, that could be what brings the happily ever after. I mean, ken was extremely devastated after the past couple time slips, and even said he wouldn't, but then he did.
joeboygo wrote: On another note, I'm so grateful for the anonymity these forums provide. If any of my friends found out I've been so into this, it would be mortally embarrassing for me.
I second, or third that.

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jun 12th, '07, 23:00

O_o;; I read a (Chinese) rumor on the NEWS_Jpop Livejournal community about whats going to happen in the future episodes...
第7話 健告白失敗
第8話 雖然有幹雄的協助,健仍然失敗
第9話 禮決定和多田結婚
第10話 健察覺到禮得了絕症
第11話 結婚儀式結束後,過了半年,禮去世了。
健他們挖出了埋下的時間囊。
在禮的護符裏找到了一封信:
“如果哪天自己不在了,最不想讓自己最喜歡的人難過“
健一想到自己沒有在禮的結婚儀式上向她祝福,後悔地哭了
隨之,健帶著禮的結婚照來到教堂,
哀求妖精讓他回到婚禮的那一天。
當禮問健自己的新娘打扮如何時,
健坦率地祝福說:“很漂亮哦,恭喜你~!“
之所以說和第二愛的人結婚比較幸福,就是因為不想讓最喜歡的人在自己離開人世時難過.

rough translation:
episode 7 - Ken's failed confession
episode 8 - even though Ken has the help from his friend, he still fails
episode 9 - Rei decides to marry Tada
episode 10 - Ken observes (found out) that Rei's got an incurable disease
episode 11 - Half a year after the wedding, Rei passes away.
Ken and the friends went to get the time capsule they buried.
they found a letter in Rei's box
"if one day I'm not here, the one thing that I don't want is letting the person I loved the most upset/sad"
Ken remembered how he didn't wish Rei's happiness at her wedding, he cried in regret.
Following that, Ken went to the church with Rei's wedding photo
asking the "Yao Jing" (that dude) to let him go back to the wedding day.
When Rei asked Ken how good does she look in her wedding gown,
Ken said without a doubt that, "very pretty, congratulation~!"
that's why when "marrying the 2nd person you love will be happier" is because (she) doesn't want the person she loves the most to be upset when she leaves
Can anyone confirm anything about these rumors for future episodes?

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jun 12th, '07, 23:16

ittiou wrote:O_o;; I read a (Chinese) rumor on the NEWS_Jpop Livejournal community about whats going to happen in the future episodes...
第7話 健告白失敗
第8話 雖然有幹雄的協助,健仍然失敗
第9話 禮決定和多田結婚
第10話 健察覺到禮得了絕症
第11話 結婚儀式結束後,過了半年,禮去世了。
健他們挖出了埋下的時間囊。
在禮的護符裏找到了一封信:
隨之,健帶著禮的結婚照來到教堂,
哀求妖精讓他回到婚禮的那一天。
當禮問健自己的新娘打扮如何時,

rough translation:
"if one day I'm not here, the one thing that I don't want is letting the person I loved the most upset/sad"
Ken remembered how he didn't wish Rei's happiness at her wedding, he cried in regret.
that's why when "marrying the 2nd person you love will be happier" is because (she) doesn't want the person she loves the most to be upset when she leaves
There was no hint given any of the previous episodes about Rie or her family. Good examples, if you have watch the two recent Japanese movies, Heavenly Forest or Tears for You. Rei's grandfather doesn't count, they didn't say he die of any disease. Both of her parent looked fine in the first episode. Anyway, there ws no foreshadowing of that kind for Rei. It would pretty lame, if that were true.

Funnykido

Post by Funnykido » Jun 12th, '07, 23:58

There was no hint given any of the previous episodes about Rie or her family. Good examples, if you have watch the two recent Japanese movies, Heavenly Forest or Tears for You. Rei's grandfather doesn't count, they didn't say he die of any disease. Both of her parent looked fine in the first episode. Anyway, there ws no foreshadowing of that kind for Rei. It would pretty lame, if that were true.
Just adding on to this rumor . . . this rumor doesn't make sense becuase if Rei was trying to save the Ken by marrying the 'one she loved second-best' then first, that means she would have to already know his feelings for her, and so second, she wouldn't be constantly getting upset when Ken fails to confess his feelings for her.

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jun 13th, '07, 00:06

Oh...thanks for debunking it

^^

kurosaki_frank

Post by kurosaki_frank » Jun 13th, '07, 00:30

ANYONE!

does anyone know who sings and the song they play on episode 8??
When tehyr on the car and find this tape saying "ken's mix" or something?

sounds pretty cool!

anyone can help?

kurosaki_frank

Post by kurosaki_frank » Jun 13th, '07, 00:30

ANYONE!

does anyone know who sings and the song they play on episode 8??
When tehyr on the car and find this tape saying "ken's mix" or something?

sounds pretty cool!

anyone can help?

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jun 13th, '07, 00:36

^ The artist is MONGOL800. The song title is "Chiisana Koi no Uta."

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 13th, '07, 00:37

it's the same song from ep. 2.

小さな恋の歌 (Chiisana Koi no Uta) by Mongol 800

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jun 13th, '07, 01:08

you guys can download the torrent file for this song on my ftp server ;)

http://gibonite.free.fr/Chiisana_Koi_no_Uta.mp3.torrent

I'll keep on seeding it for a whiiiiiile ;) (the upload service doesn't work for me :( )

kurosaki_frank

Post by kurosaki_frank » Jun 13th, '07, 01:11

THANK YOU GUYS!
lol whoa fast reply!

really nice song!
srry for the double post... ago ahead and delete em *moderator*

srry again and thank you! ^^

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jun 13th, '07, 01:16

You're welcome ;)

Is my torrent file working? it's my first time doing this, sorry :/

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 13th, '07, 01:22

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Jun 13th, '07, 01:23

ho, better like that :)

I'll keep on seeding anyway, if someone wants it with torrent ;)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 13th, '07, 03:01

Something just occurred to me about this series
There seems to be a baseball parallel to the story.
There are nine innings in baseball. There are nine pictures.
It's Team Tada vs Team Kenzo
Originally Team Tada won.
But the baseball fairy gave the star a chance to play the game over again.
Kenzo knows all the pitches, but as only one batter. He couldn't turn the tide completely. But, with the help of his teammate, Mikio. He was able to send the game into extra innings with the tenth picture

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 13th, '07, 04:21

sadness I just watched the raw version of episode 9 I can only guess what is going on...can't wait till the they put the english on

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » Jun 13th, '07, 04:25

I can understand why the ep had a delayed release.. The cappers died whille watching episode 9 and then came back and realized that alot of people still needs to die watching episode 9

and then 2 more to go :D

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 13th, '07, 05:03

auroragb wrote:Something just occurred to me about this series
There seems to be a baseball parallel to the story.
There are nine innings in baseball. There are nine pictures.
It's Team Tada vs Team Kenzo
Originally Team Tada won.
But the baseball fairy gave the star a chance to play the game over again.
Kenzo knows all the pitches, but as only one batter. He couldn't turn the tide completely. But, with the help of his teammate, Mikio. He was able to send the game into extra innings with the tenth picture
Haha! I LOVE that!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jun 13th, '07, 05:08

auroragb wrote:
kilaalaa wrote:

This is not the first time that both sites collapsed on a Monday... I think that all the addicts looking for their prodai fix is overloading them. Only easing after the subs are released. Anyhow, it seems that TVBT has been beating SubPig in release time by a few hours for most of the dramas
puff Subbing at 4AM is nothing! that's why I love them so much! chinese sub ftw!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jun 13th, '07, 05:22

Another good episode!

I LOVED that quote from Ken's supervisor:
「失敗しても当たり前、成功したら男前。」 "Even if you fail, that was expected. If you suceed, you are the man." Too bad they used it twice, but this is definitely my favorite line from recent doramas :-)

And when he said "marry me", my jaw dropped for like a whole minute :lol

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jun 13th, '07, 05:28

8thSin wrote:Another good episode!

I LOVED that quote from Ken's supervisor:
「失敗しても当たり前、成功したら男前。」 "Even if you fail, that was expected. If you suceed, you are the man." Too bad they used it twice, but this is definitely my favorite line from recent doramas :-)

And when he said "marry me", my jaw dropped for like a whole minute :lol
yea when ken said that. it was totally a surprise to me! Sometimes i just don't get Rei. she'll have a "givie-in" kind of face for a second and next she'll be protective and try to escape. Are women that really hard to understand?

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jun 13th, '07, 06:42

僕も何もわかってない!
I mean this time he said it. In fact, he went as far as asking her to marry him. What more does she want???
If I was Mikio, I would've inserted a few more photos and at the wedding-reception ask Ken to lookup past week's lottery numbers. :D
I think it would be his last. The fairy already said this will be the absolute last. What I think is that episode 11 will require Ken to act in the present time --- possibly at the wedding-reception right there. I know they already exchanged vows; but hey, if there's one lesson the fairy is trying to teach Ken, it's that all assumptions and dispositions must be discarded to go after one's own, albeit selfish, happiness.

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Jun 13th, '07, 07:12

ittiou wrote:O_o;; I read a (Chinese) rumor on the NEWS_Jpop Livejournal community about whats going to happen in the future episodes...
第7話 健告白失敗
第8話 雖然有幹雄的協助,健仍然失敗
第9話 禮決定和多田結婚
第10話 健察覺到禮得了絕症
第11話 結婚儀式結束後,過了半年,禮去世了。
健他們挖出了埋下的時間囊。
在禮的護符裏找到了一封信:
隨之,健帶著禮的結婚照來到教堂,
哀求妖精讓他回到婚禮的那一天。
當禮問健自己的新娘打扮如何時,

rough translation:

IF THAT EVER HAPPENS, this drama will go from one of my potential top faves to one of my MOST HATED DRAMAS EVER. :cussing:

kudoushinichi

Post by kudoushinichi » Jun 13th, '07, 07:20

I agree wholeheartedly! My goodness, Kenzou! BAKA!! :goggle: :goggle:

And oppose to most members in this discussions, I truly like Tada-san. Rei wouldn't marry him if he wasn't such a gentle and nice person. I'm still waiting for a good ending, although I have no idea what kind of ending I want either :lol :lol :lol

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Jun 13th, '07, 07:34

cgme wrote:RE: Rei marrying her "teacher"

Technically Tada wasn't really her teacher right?

I thought he was still in college at the time and as a requirement to becoming a teacher, he had to "intern" at a high school to graduate?
If you want to get technical about it, then no Tada was not officially their teacher.

Tada was closer to a student teacher probably completing his teaching practicum hours (teaching hours). Regardless of the situation of his position or length of his teaching, he still was, to a degree a teacher to them. His job was to educate these high school students as a teacher.

In the end, the students called him 'sensei'. Had he completed his hours earlier, he could have easily been their teacher. Would that have made the situation better or worse? Regardless it still creeps me out. I personally feel that a boundary was crossed. I can't help but think how exceedingly simple minded and naive Tada is to even understand how strange it is for a "teacher" to always hang out with his students and no one else. I guess the poor guy has no other friends. I don't know about everyone else, but that's weird to me.

How ever noble Tada's intentions are with Rei, expressing his romantic feelings to her seem so inappropriate to me. It feels so ethically wrong on do many levels, but it's just enough to not make him guilty of anything: ie, student-teacher relationship, legal age, Anyway that's just me peeve. In short I classify Tada as a teacher even if it was under supervision and/or for a requirement in college and even if he wasn't technically a full fledged teacher. He still taught that that's where I'm getting at.

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Jun 13th, '07, 07:43

LightningEmperor wrote:
第7話 健告白失敗
第8話 雖然有幹雄的協助,健仍然失敗
第9話 禮決定和多田結婚
第10話 健察覺到禮得了絕症
第11話 結婚儀式結束後,過了半年,禮去世了。
健他們挖出了埋下的時間囊。
在禮的護符裏找到了一封信:
隨之,健帶著禮的結婚照來到教堂,
哀求妖精讓他回到婚禮的那一天。
當禮問健自己的新娘打扮如何時,

rough translation:

IF THAT EVER HAPPENS, this drama will go from one of my potential top faves to one of my MOST HATED DRAMAS EVER. :cussing:
I don't know if I'll hate it, but it will certainly turn into a very mellow dramatic drama and would definitely not be the type of drama they marketed it to be. I don't think I would be too disappointed if that did happen, but there doesn't seem to be any indication throughout the series that such an "incident" would occur in the future for Rei. If they ever planned that to happen, I wouldn't mind had they marketed the series to have that kind of tone to begin with. At this rate, I think I would feel cheated. Like they didn't give what they promised to give.

ilovebakchoy

Post by ilovebakchoy » Jun 13th, '07, 07:51

cgme wrote:
If you want to get technical about it, then no Tada was not officially their teacher.

Tada was closer to a student teacher probably completing his teaching practicum hours (teaching hours). Regardless of the situation of his position or length of his teaching, he still was, to a degree a teacher to them. His job was to educate these high school students as a teacher.

In the end, the students called him 'sensei'. Had he completed his hours earlier, he could have easily been their teacher. Would that have made the situation better or worse? Regardless it still creeps me out. I personally feel that a boundary was crossed. I can't help but think how exceedingly simple minded and naive Tada is to even understand how strange it is for a "teacher" to always hang out with his students and no one else. I guess the poor guy has no other friends. I don't know about everyone else, but that's weird to me.
Okay pardon me if I say something wrong. This comes from reading chinese after yeaars of neglecting the langauge. From Ep 9, i think Toda said something like after what Rei said to him in the classroom, he decided to further his education abroad. So I thought maybe he was going to be a teacher but decided to get an advanced degree. He could have been a ph.d. student/teacher assistant, while the 5 were undergrads. I don't know. (BTW, if given an opportunity, I would love to have dated my chemistry TA.)

Notice, how Rei never calls Toda by his first name. She always refers him as Toda SENSAI, even when she is with him. It seemed like she has more of an admiration for him than romantic feelings. It doesn't give me the feeling that they have any intimate chemistry.

koolaid

Post by koolaid » Jun 13th, '07, 08:20

I have to say this, that every time I saw Tada, his so called innocence, acting like he doesn't know anything. He was always in the position of power, and I can not help think that he abused it. I can not find any redeming qualities without distrust.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 13th, '07, 09:05

sakurachan wrote:What I think is that episode 11 will require Ken to act in the present time --- possibly at the wedding-reception right there. I know they already exchanged vows; but hey, if there's one lesson the fairy is trying to teach Ken, it's that all assumptions and dispositions must be discarded to go after one's own, albeit selfish, happiness.
I personally would much prefer the ceremony not happen at all. Once the vows are exchanged any subsequent Ken victory would amount to adultery, and that would dull the shine for me.
ilovebakchoy wrote:Notice, how Rei never calls Toda by his first name. She always refers him as Toda SENSAI, even when she is with him. It seemed like she has more of an admiration for him than romantic feelings. It doesn't give me the feeling that they have any intimate chemistry.
You're on the money. I challenge anybody to point out a scene where Rei displayed genuine affection and warmth for Tada. I haven't seen 8 or 9 yet though. But if you've seen Rei with Ken or her jiji, she seems comparatively formal with Tada, even during the wedding. So much that it makes one wonder if they actually plan to have sex with each other after the party or just exchange greeting cards.

Speaking of wondering, I have a question for those that have seen 8 and 9. In the original version of events, Ken did not buy a ring, try to propose to Rei or do anything to stop her from maarrying Tada. So what did he originally do to trigger Rei's "Kenzou don't understand nuttin" speech?

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 13th, '07, 09:19

joeboygo wrote:
sakurachan wrote:What I think is that episode 11 will require Ken to act in the present time --- possibly at the wedding-reception right there. I know they already exchanged vows; but hey, if there's one lesson the fairy is trying to teach Ken, it's that all assumptions and dispositions must be discarded to go after one's own, albeit selfish, happiness.
I personally would much prefer the ceremony not happen at all. Once the vows are exchanged any subsequent Ken victory would amount to adultery, and that would dull the shine for me.
ilovebakchoy wrote:Notice, how Rei never calls Toda by his first name. She always refers him as Toda SENSAI, even when she is with him. It seemed like she has more of an admiration for him than romantic feelings. It doesn't give me the feeling that they have any intimate chemistry.

You're on the money. I challenge anybody to point out a scene where Rei displayed genuine affection and warmth for Tada. I haven't seen 8 or 9 yet though. But if you've seen Rei with Ken or her jiji, she seems comparatively formal with Tada, even during the wedding. So much that it makes one wonder if they actually plan to have sex with each other after the party or just exchange greeting cards.

Speaking of wondering, I have a question for those that have seen 8 and 9. In the original version of events, Ken did not buy a ring, try to propose to Rei or do anything to stop her from maarrying Tada. So what did he originally do to trigger Rei's "Kenzou don't understand nuttin" speech?
Well, in the oringal events of episode 9 Ken was walking past the window of the restruant where Rei accepted Tada's proposal. (i will also mention that the champane glasses in the picture were touching on this photo. He did not propose to Rei there. Tada being to dork that he is took Rei to Tada's special place (Tada was a designer of a concert hall) and got up on the stage (no one was there) and told Rei that he knows that she just finished college but he wanted to hurry up and ask her to marry him. Also on the new events of episode 9 Ken stopped and looked into the window and was staring dead at the camera when the picture was taken. The champane glassese were not touching this time around. When Ken went back to the future Tsuru noticed that Ken was in the background of the picture and started to talk very loudly about that. Eri didn't believe him however, Mikio caught on pretty quick and ran over and put his hand over his tsuru/'s mouth to hush him up. There was no indications that the orginal Ken bought Rei a ring or not in the orginal series of events.
I hope this helped you out just a little bit.
There are really no indications that Ken bought her a ring in the orignal timeline. In the orginal storyline Ken was working trying to sell dry erase boards that whole afternoon and just happened to catch her before she went to dinner with Tada.

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jun 13th, '07, 09:30

joeboygo wrote:
True that. Perhaps it'll end up with Ken crying out "I OBJECT!" right before she says "I do" and challenges her on the spot her lack of devotion toward Tada and maybe even her unreasonably-suppressed affection toward him.
joeboygo wrote:
Yea. In episode 9 when she was responding affirmatively toward Tada's marriage proposal, she was still calling him Tada-sensei, which I felt was weird for a relationship's highlight such as a marriage proposal.
joeboygo wrote:
According to episode 9, what Ken said in the past that triggered her line was something like
"Wouldn't only a fool rush into deciding a marriage proposal just like that?"

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Jun 13th, '07, 10:31

joeboygo wrote:
According to episode 9, what Ken said in the past that triggered her line was something like
"Wouldn't only a fool rush into deciding a marriage proposal just like that?"
i'm new to posting to this thread, but with the amount of information that you guys are passing along, i've been reading on the side from episode 1 ... anyways ...

re: what ken did to deserve "the line"
i'm not entirely sure with the translation, but i believe that is what he said, "wouldn't only a fool rush into deciding a marriage proposal just like that?!" and at the same time i think he muttered to himself that that's exactly what he said last time around to get "the line." besides that though ...

i'm kind of worried like some of you are that this will end happy, but in a half-ass kind of way. so far, he's been going through this downward spiral in the last 3 episodes and i don't see what could happen in the next two episodes that would make rei change her mind just like that. the way it's playing out, it's either the writers are going to leave it open for a sequel (and for the record, i would rather have it end in one season) or they will be so short on time, that they'll make some kind of BS happy ending.

anyhow, i look forward to reading more of your insights. and i can't believe that from the last time i checked this thread on sunday (hawaii time) up until now, there's been 8 pages of comments left. it's so tempting to read all of the spoilers, but i'd rather wait and watch it before i read anything. and i agree with the rest of y'all ... :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 13th, '07, 10:48

just wanna ask...

1) How many time did Ken-Zou run???
2) How many time did Ken-Zou confess to Rei?
3) Why Rei always starring at Ken eyes on the wedding day, everytime the slide changes?

just know answer no. 2... NONE, waste the chance so sooo sooo soooo much !!!

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 13th, '07, 11:22

malay_tiger wrote:just wanna ask...

1) How many time did Ken-Zou run???
2) How many time did Ken-Zou confess to Rei?
3) Why Rei always starring at Ken eyes on the wedding day, everytime the slide changes?

just know answer no. 2... NONE, waste the chance so sooo sooo soooo much !!!
Actually after episode 7 she has not really looked at Ken at all. Maybe she looked at Ken at the begining of episode 7 but in 8 and 9 she did not even look in his general direction.. I am not sure if anyone else noticed that.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 13th, '07, 11:33

Thank you all for helping me out. Though I havent seen #9, I gather that despite all the changes Ken made, Rei still delivered the smack down line to him. Does this mean she's using the same words but talking about something else, or is it still the same thing that Kenzou did not understand the first time around?

Like Kenzou, I can't figure out why Rei is in such a hurry to get married. The only explanation I can come up with is that she's marrying Tada in order to get over Ken. The right side of her brain is convinced that Kenzou is an emotional dead-end for her and is determined to move on. But the left side still loves him, if all those furtive glances at Ken that she's been stealing throughout the reception mean anything. So she's getting married quickly to prevent herself from wavering and to be over and done with Kenzou for good. This would also go a long way towards explaining why Rei hasn't been particularly intimate or honest with Tada during the wedding. It would be ironic for her to marry Tada because that guy is even more clueless than Kenzou with respect to what's going on inside Rei's head. That is, unless she prefers her husband to be a stranger rather than a close friend.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 13th, '07, 11:50

joeboygo wrote:Thank you all for helping me out. Though I havent seen #9, I gather that despite all the changes Ken made, Rei still delivered the smack down line to him. Does this mean she's using the same words but talking about something else, or is it still the same thing that Kenzou did not understand the first time around?

Like Kenzou, I can't figure out why Rei is in such a hurry to get married. The only explanation I can come up with is that she's marrying Tada in order to get over Ken. The right side of her brain is convinced that Kenzou is an emotional dead-end for her and is determined to move on. But the left side still loves him, if all those furtive glances at Ken that she's been stealing throughout the reception mean anything. So she's getting married quickly to prevent herself from wavering and to be over and done with Kenzou for good. This would also go a long way towards explaining why Rei hasn't been particularly intimate or honest with Tada during the wedding. It would be ironic for her to marry Tada because that guy is even more clueless than Kenzou with respect to what's going on inside Rei's head. That is, unless she prefers her husband to be a stranger rather than a close friend.
@Joe, to support your idea this is what I got from episode 7. Rei and Eri were talking while they were cleaning the shelves about how Eri is almost envious on how quickly Rei moves forward and pretty much doesn't look back after she had made a decision. In epsiode 6 Rei went by Ken's house but he wasn't at home. So she started walking back toward the college and when Tada saw her (I might add how convient it was of him to be sitting on the stairs of the college) and told her that she can still make the deadline if she tries. When Tada gets her to the work space by herself he then turns on his dorky charm and ask Rei if she solved her problem and of course she said no but she was finished looking for the answer. I think at that point in time she already made her decision to give up trying to reach out to Ken.

This is evidence in my opinon that she is marrying Tada to close that final chapter of her life. (Ken) I think I will echo your question in saying....Is she truely happy with Tada?

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 13th, '07, 12:42

joeboygo wrote:You're on the money. I challenge anybody to point out a scene where Rei displayed genuine affection and warmth for Tada. I haven't seen 8 or 9 yet though. But if you've seen Rei with Ken or her jiji, she seems comparatively formal with Tada, even during the wedding. So much that it makes one wonder if they actually plan to have sex with each other after the party or just exchange greeting cards.
LOL at the exchange greeting cards part.

About Ep 8 & 9: Yes she's still calling him Tada sensei.

About Tada and Rei, I don't know if other people feel it this way, but even at the wedding, it seems like her smiles are done for politeness sake.

Like: Eyes meet with Tada...*polite smile*. Tada holds her hand. *polite smile*. Tada makes stupid joke. *polite smile/laugh*. They act like they're on a blind date or just been matchmade.
sakurachan wrote:
I think it would be his last. The fairy already said this will be the absolute last. What I think is that episode 11 will require Ken to act in the present time --- possibly at the wedding-reception right there. I know they already exchanged vows; but hey, if there's one lesson the fairy is trying to teach Ken, it's that all assumptions and dispositions must be discarded to go after one's own, albeit selfish, happiness.
Why I think it won't be the last is because in text previews of Episode 10, Ken and the gang visit Rei's house to do something for a video that would be played at the wedding.

So, while Episode 10 may be the last picture, who says Ken can't timeslip into a video?

I'm saying this only because after reading text previews of Episode 10, I can't see how Ken and stop Rei's wedding. Just my idea. I would love for me to be wrong, because I would die of suspense if by Episode 10 there was no clear indication that Ken and Rei are going to get married.

twl

Post by twl » Jun 13th, '07, 13:07

Finally i am back after 2 weeks in Japan, where i manage to catch both episode!

Damn they were hard to watch! Thank god it didnt completely spoil my mood. I was too tired to think about it after watching it on TV!! aaha

Got a lot of reading to do to catch up!

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jun 13th, '07, 15:51

Aww. The scene where Eri thinks about Tsuru is so cute! Her expression is adorable as she realizes that she likes him!

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 13th, '07, 17:17

I bring Episode 11 Preview Spoilers! Don't believe me? But don't click this if you don't want to spoil Episode 10.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/flvplayer/flval ... ose_next11

It took me a while to connect to the clip, it kept getting an error message in the beginning. Be patient. (HAHA its the pot calling the kettle black!) Episode 11 Preview clip features Rei.

Japanese transcript:
多田さんの受赏パティー会场から礼をつれ出した健は小学校へ
そこは二人が最初に出会った场所。礼と话す健はある重要なことに気づいきます。次回最终回、健の奇迹の扉は开くのか。礼はこのまま多田さんと结婚?妖精さんも大活跃ですよ~~

(Credits: Chinese Proposal Daisauksen Baidu Bar)

Translation (I translated this from the Chinese translation of the Japanese transcript):
Ken takes Rei from Tada's party to their elementary school. That was where they first met. Ken noticed something important from what Rei says. In this last episode, will the door to Ken's miracle finally open? Or will Rei just marry Tada? Mr Yosei is also very active/lively!

I can rest easy now for this week. But don't tell me that was what Rei meant by Ken never understood anything? She sure has a good memory! But well I guess we already know about that from her memory of her first kiss. HAHA.

Can you guys see I am twirling in cotton candy romantic comedy land? I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions. *knock on wood*