[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 13th, '07, 17:20

cgme wrote:
auroragb wrote:Something just occurred to me about this series
There seems to be a baseball parallel to the story.
There are nine innings in baseball. There are nine pictures.
It's Team Tada vs Team Kenzo
Originally Team Tada won.
But the baseball fairy gave the star a chance to play the game over again.
Kenzo knows all the pitches, but as only one batter. He couldn't turn the tide completely. But, with the help of his teammate, Mikio. He was able to send the game into extra innings with the tenth picture
Haha! I LOVE that!
Thanks, I was rather proud of this analogy. Particularly since Kenzo was in the baseball team. It's not much of a spoiler, but I put it in just in case because it says the number of pix in the slide show

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 13th, '07, 18:03

kilaalaa wrote:I bring Episode 11 Preview Spoilers! Don't believe me? But don't click this if you don't want to spoil Episode 10.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/flvplayer/flval ... ose_next11

It took me a while to connect to the clip, it kept getting an error message in the beginning. Be patient. (HAHA its the pot calling the kettle black!) Episode 11 Preview clip features Rei.

Japanese transcript:
多田さんの受赏パティー会场から礼をつれ出した健は小学校へ
そこは二人が最初に出会った场所。礼と话す健はある重要なことに気づいきます。次回最终回、健の奇迹の扉は开くのか。礼はこのまま多田さんと结婚?妖精さんも大活跃ですよ~~

(Credits: Chinese Proposal Daisauksen Baidu Bar)

Translation (I translated this from the Chinese translation of the Japanese transcript):
Ken takes Rei from Tada's party to their elementary school. That was where they first met. Ken noticed something important from what Rei says. In this last episode, will the door to Ken's miracle finally open? Or will Rei just marry Tada? Mr Yosei is also very active/lively!

I can rest easy now for this week. But don't tell me that was what Rei meant by Ken never understood anything? She sure has a good memory! But well I guess we already know about that from her memory of her first kiss. HAHA.

Can you guys see I am twirling in cotton candy romantic comedy land? I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions. *knock on wood*
You are incorrigible! I never thought anybody could take the paciensia queen crown from Lunargen. However, in your defence, you did channel your impatience productively by doing detective work instead of just throwing a hissy fit against Rei. :thumleft: Now I'm going to check the mini-video on the official website. If Masami is doing it, I'll capture the stream, as it deserves to be spliced onto the end of episode 10, after the teaser.

So, taking a cue from auroragb's fabulous baseball analogy, there are no outs left and Ken needs to hit a grandslam to win the game. Rei is actually the one who's been pitching the curve balls at Ken (Tada isn't actually playing because he's an umpire, but he suspiciously keeps getting in Ken's way whenever Ken tries to slide to base, the creepo). What is it really that Ken needs to figure out? Have the writers given us enough clues to know what it is?

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 13th, '07, 18:07

did anyone notice in the preview for 10 that...
there's a section where Rei is speaking...and she doesn't say "Ken-zou"...she just says "Ken"...
...just like Ken said. Kinda sad.

BurningArtist

Post by BurningArtist » Jun 13th, '07, 19:46

Where did you guys get the sub for 9? I'm desperately looking for it so I can join the conversation. :roll

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 13th, '07, 20:09

BurningArtist wrote:Where did you guys get the sub for 9? I'm desperately looking for it so I can join the conversation. :roll
Only chinese subs are available now. links to them are a couple pages back

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 14th, '07, 01:02

I really want to know know what is going on in episode 9 sadness. need to learn Japanese

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Jun 14th, '07, 01:16

Hey, in the ep. 11 preview, is it just Rei talking to the audience?

Can someone tell me what it is that Rei said in elementary school that Ken doesn't understand about?

Thanks.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 14th, '07, 01:36

^ Yeah its just Rei talking to the audience. And she didn't say what was it that Rei said in elementary school, just that Ken realised something important from what Rei says.
It could be something totally random or not even from elementary school era,we don't know yet. I'm guessing its from elementary school? XD
joeboygo wrote:You are incorrigible! I never thought anybody could take the paciensia queen crown from Lunargen. However, in your defence, you did channel your impatience productively by doing detective work instead of just throwing a hissy fit against Rei. :thumleft: Now I'm going to check the mini-video on the official website. If Masami is doing it, I'll capture the stream, as it deserves to be spliced onto the end of episode 10, after the teaser.
Haha guilty as charged! I've been refreshing D-addicts and any Prodai forum all day instead of doing schoolwork. XD

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jun 14th, '07, 03:51

kilaalaa wrote:^ Yeah its just Rei talking to the audience. And she didn't say what was it that Rei said in elementary school, just that Ken realised something important from what Rei says.
It could be something totally random or not even from elementary school era,we don't know yet. I'm guessing its from elementary school? XD
joeboygo wrote:You are incorrigible! I never thought anybody could take the paciensia queen crown from Lunargen. However, in your defence, you did channel your impatience productively by doing detective work instead of just throwing a hissy fit against Rei. :thumleft: Now I'm going to check the mini-video on the official website. If Masami is doing it, I'll capture the stream, as it deserves to be spliced onto the end of episode 10, after the teaser.
Haha guilty as charged! I've been refreshing D-addicts and any Prodai forum all day instead of doing schoolwork. XD
:lol :lol
u GO! At least your time is not totally wasted! Sometimes I would of hoped Ken and Rei's relationship would be as simple and cute as the relationship between Eri and Tsuru. Without all the turmoil and endless innuendo due to the vagueness that the director crafts. NEVERTHELESS, does anyone have further info on the fleeing to ken and reii's junior high info :D

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 14th, '07, 06:51

For those wondering what she said that Ken remembered, could it be from episode 3 at 33:17?

=) I bet that's it.

maybe?

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 14th, '07, 08:30

i'll just pop in for a little while, so i'll make it straight to the point. for the link that kilalaa posted. i waited for almost half an hour, but i still cannot see it. tried to download it with firefox's download helper and cinemaforge, no can do. so, any chances anyone can transcribe what they're saying? :D thanks in advance!

*goes to sleep*

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 14th, '07, 08:58

ok, here is the just of what is said. I was able to watch it. Its just Rei in her wedding dress talking to the audience about the final episode.
My Japanese wife translated that.....Ken takes Rei away from some party and they both go back to their elementry school where they first meet because something happened there.

GOOOOOOD LUCK KEN!

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 14th, '07, 09:10

lunargen wrote:i'll just pop in for a little while, so i'll make it straight to the point. for the link that kilalaa posted. i waited for almost half an hour, but i still cannot see it. tried to download it with firefox's download helper and cinemaforge, no can do. so, any chances anyone can transcribe what they're saying? thanks in advance!

*goes to sleep*
HAHA paciensia queen! (I probably got the spelling wrong.) LOL XD

It was transcribed! But how good it is, I'm not sure. I copied this from a Chinese site, and I tried listening to it, and the hiragana matches with what Rei says? I don't know kanji pronunciations so I'm not sure whether that matches. But here:
多田さんの受赏パティー会场から礼をつれ出した健は小学校へ
そこは二人が最初に出会った场所。礼と话す健はある重要なことに気づいきます。次回最终回、健の奇迹の扉は开くのか。礼はこのまま多田さんと结婚?妖精さんも大活跃ですよ~~
aatm wrote:For those wondering what she said that Ken remembered, could it be from episode 3 at 33:17?

=) I bet that's it.

maybe?
I'm guessing there's something to do with it too. I hope they put more of little Ken and Rei. They were so cute. (I'm not a pedo! XD)

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 14th, '07, 09:49

kilaalaa wrote:HAHA paciensia queen! (I probably got the spelling wrong.) LOL XD
Darn, you beat me to it. And right now, she's sleeping beauty, or as it's known in certain circles
TULOG QUEEN!
:P
Last edited by joeboygo on Jun 14th, '07, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

kevinamadeus

Post by kevinamadeus » Jun 14th, '07, 10:26

preview 10 + 11
seems ken finally tried to run away from the camera at the end of ep 10 :w00t:

mskuriyama

Post by mskuriyama » Jun 14th, '07, 12:25

aatm wrote:For those wondering what she said that Ken remembered, could it be from episode 3 at 33:17?

=) I bet that's it.

maybe?
Heh, I didn't notice it the first time I watched it, but it's funny how there's a whole bunch of "夢" that the kids wrote hanging from the walls in the flashback.

richnrich

Post by richnrich » Jun 14th, '07, 15:57

just my random thought...

What pictures will be shown in the slides show during Ken-Rei's wedding (IF it ever happens)? obviously there won't be slides #6 and #9 :lol ....

Maybe they will show slides #1 to #5 then go straight to the final slide, the day when she accepts Ken's proposal... :D ....

and there has to be slides show during the wedding reception, otherwise how can Ken goes back to the present. What if it ended with Eri-Tsuru's wedding only, then can Ken go back to the present via Eri-Tsuru's slides show? .... :lol

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 14th, '07, 16:13

richnrich wrote:just my random thought...

What pictures will be shown in the slides show during Ken-Rei's wedding (IF it ever happens)? obviously there won't be slides #6 and #9 :lol ....

Maybe they will show slides #1 to #5 then go straight to the final slide, the day when she accepts Ken's proposal... :D ....

and there has to be slides show during the wedding reception, otherwise how can Ken goes back to the present. What if it ended with Eri-Tsuru's wedding only, then can Ken go back to the present via Eri-Tsuru's slides show? .... :lol
haha funny.. maybe maybe...

hope he Ken will not drink again.. :glare:

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 14th, '07, 20:03

mskuriyama wrote:

=) I bet that's it.

maybe?
Heh, I didn't notice it the first time I watched it, but it's funny how there's a whole bunch of "夢" that the kids wrote hanging from the walls in the flashback.
is that something that the kids do in japan, or is it just something for the series? Also, it looked like there was a "yume" sheet, with a sheet underneath. Perhaps it has their dreams posted on the wall? Or were they just learning the kanji? If it has their dreams, then Ken should've peeked under Rei's to see what her's was. :D

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Jun 14th, '07, 23:20

this drama is just so awesome and tear-jerking! it kind of hits home in a way for me. wanting to go back in the past to fix something.
hurts though seeing him struggle with (ultimately) himself. i cant wait to see the next episode!!!!! (ep 9)
his type of pain i know too well.. i hope it ends happily for ken-zou.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 15th, '07, 06:02

=) I bet that's it.

maybe?
Oh, oh, I wanna try to guess too. Could it have something to do with this?
Image[/url]

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 15th, '07, 07:24

okay, only after watching episode 9 like three times did i realize and understand rei now somehow. *hahaha joeboy you can take away my crown if you want ahaha.*
after watching the scene where ken calls her and tells her to not move where he is, *which kinda rather irked me somewhat cause it was sorta too brusque for my taste*... the scene where Rei and Eri were burning off some stuff at the backyard popped into my head. And I think what Eri says to Rei here pretty much sums up why Rei's been so stubborn. Eri says she's too cautious, and that she always wants to be sure of something (joeboy, read: sigurista). So that would explain why she's always been so hard on Ken. Now I understand her side of the fence, but that doesn't mean i like her any better though. *and that last line was spoken by a yamapi fan hwahwahwa*
by the way, did the clip show EXACTLY where he brought her? cause i'd like to know and that might come in handy cause come monday I'm gonna do a ProDai marathon before i get to the raws heeheh. So i might be able to connect that with whichever past episode it pertains to ne~

ps: ep 9 subs are out by the way ehehe.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jun 15th, '07, 07:34

kilaalaa wrote:
About Tada and Rei, I don't know if other people feel it this way, but even at the wedding, it seems like her smiles are done for politeness sake.

Like: Eyes meet with Tada...*polite smile*. Tada holds her hand. *polite smile*. Tada makes stupid joke. *polite smile/laugh*. They act like they're on a blind date or just been matchmade.
i agree.
and she looks so sad/regretful at around 42:23 in ep9 :-(

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 15th, '07, 09:37

when will this action take place?? :wub:

Ken.. marry her straight away!!! 8)

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 15th, '07, 09:43

^ Yamapi's expression cracks me up.

YEAH I wanna see this in the final episode please!

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 15th, '07, 10:09

found this on internet about Iwase Ken..

Iwase Ken

In Kanji, Iwase Ken is written as 岩瀬健,
岩=Iwa; 瀬=Se; 健=Ken

However, in Ep3, on his eraser, Ken wrote his name together with his class, being
岩瀬健三年*組, meaning Iwase Ken, year 3, class * (could be A, B, C, D, or anything).
三=San; 年=Nen; 組=Kumi/Gumi

But interestingly when he torn the eraser into 2 pieces, on one piece that he gave to Rei, the text remaining on it being 岩瀬健三 while Ken kept the other pieces written 年*組.

That's why Rei at first read it as Iwase Kenzou. Note that when character 健 comes with 三, it is read as Kenzou instead.

:whistling:

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 15th, '07, 11:12

Yeah malay tiger, they showed that in one of the episodes why Rei called her Kenzou. She didn't know his name when he gave her the rubber, and so she read the whole thing as his name. Very sweet that she kept on calling him that!

p.s. I've been away for exams and I've missed so much discussion. Can't wait to get back into it. Sad that there is only two episodes to go, but I want them to come NOW!!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 15th, '07, 12:41

theres 11 episodes right?? so 2 more to go!

i guess the happy ending will be in ep11 :) if ken succeeds

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 15th, '07, 14:22

joeboygo wrote:

=) I bet that's it.

maybe?
Oh, oh, I wanna try to guess too. Could it have something to do with this?
Image[/url]
a three legged race? really? wait...are you making fun of me? :P
???
Confused...sorry...please elaborate

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 15th, '07, 16:39

aatm wrote:
???
I should have explained.
That picture is from the three-legged race that led to their first kiss. I'm a llittle confused myself because I thought that supposedly happened in elementary school, but they both look pretty grown up in the picture. At any rate, I can't think of anything Rei has said so far that could be pivotal, so I think whatever it is Ken remembered involves an incident they have yet to show us. And my most likely suspect is this picture. They haven't shown us this scene yet because Ken either completely forgot it or hasn't given it serious thought. I think he will remember something Rei said and/or something he said during that race. Heck, we may even see the "first kiss."
So here's how I think Ken's ultimate koukouhaku will go:
Ken drags her to that special place. Memories flash back to that race. Ken reminds Rei of what was said then and tells her that it remains true now, yada yada yada I love you.Ken will then walk away and leave her there to think about what he just said.
And Lunargen, all I can say is, as that old Filipino song goes, laaa la la la la... ikaw pa rin... :P

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jun 15th, '07, 18:37

kilaalaa wrote:^ Yamapi's expression cracks me up.

i know it kinds looks like hes disgusted at something :lol
either way i love the picture too
Hope thats how it really ends :D

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 15th, '07, 21:45

joeboygo wrote:
aatm wrote:
???
I should have explained.
That picture is from the three-legged race that led to their first kiss. I'm a llittle confused myself because I thought that supposedly happened in elementary school, but they both look pretty grown up in the picture. At any rate, I can't think of anything Rei has said so far that could be pivotal, so I think whatever it is Ken remembered involves an incident they have yet to show us. And my most likely suspect is this picture. They haven't shown us this scene yet because Ken either completely forgot it or hasn't given it serious thought. I think he will remember something Rei said and/or something he said during that race. Heck, we may even see the "first kiss."
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh, okay. I got it. I totally didn't connect that picture with what Rei said in ep 5. good memory.

and that makes a little more sense.

theJade

Post by theJade » Jun 15th, '07, 22:06

Just wanted to point out some "easter eggs" and/or subtle messages ^___^

eps 2, 5, 9 mentioned

1) In episode 2, the name of the cd is Message and what's inside the cd? A message from Rei!. Seems kinda coincidental too that that cd contained a song appropriate to the drama. What cheese :-P.
2) "Aim for the stars" is the translated name of the new NEWS song and can be found in episode 5 on the cabinet in Kens room.
3) When his boss handed him a can of coffee in ep9 and gives him a lesson on needing to do his best and giving things a try, the brand of coffee is also "TRY".
Anyone else find anything?

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 15th, '07, 23:27

obvious one was in episode fill in the blank
When the fairy tricked Ken.

"shirosagi?"

of course, there are references to many things through out the series: winter sonata, lupin the 3rd, kurosagi, etc.

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Jun 16th, '07, 03:58

wahhhhhhhhh i just finished ep 9 and im just sitting here going.........."where on earth is this drama going?" :cry: i love yamapi and ProDai to death but im so confused as to how on earth they're gonna finish and wrap this thing up in 2 episodes :cry: :cry: ken-zouuu

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jun 16th, '07, 04:07

I'm with bl00, though the end of 9 was so funny.

Ken: "....EH?!?!"
Everyone else: -turns around- o.O...?

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 16th, '07, 04:29

[sweet.surrender] wrote:
kilaalaa wrote:^ Yamapi's expression cracks me up.

i know it kinds looks like hes disgusted at something :lol
either way i love the picture too
Hope thats how it really ends :D
ahh that pic... I think Yamapi said in his heart "Nagasawa Masami, why you are so heavy!".. :lol

Image Image

do you guys, girls notice...Clueless Rei ---> :unsure:

marrying man you only respect not love can make people feel clueless. :scratch:

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 16th, '07, 05:27

aatm wrote:Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh, okay. I got it. I totally didn't connect that picture with what Rei said in ep 5. good memory.

I'm intrigued by my own idea now. If they do show that scene, will they change Ken's hairstyle? You can see that Masami has those two pigtails from when she was in junior high, but Kenzou's is tied up with a head band. Will he sport a shorter 'do? He can't have had that ridiculous coif since way back then, ne?

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 16th, '07, 07:06

joeboygo wrote:
aatm wrote:Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh, okay. I got it. I totally didn't connect that picture with what Rei said in ep 5. good memory.

I'm intrigued by my own idea now. If they do show that scene, will they change Ken's hairstyle? You can see that Masami has those two pigtails from when she was in junior high, but Kenzou's is tied up with a head band. Will he sport a shorter 'do? He can't have had that ridiculous coif since way back then, ne?
that could be the case, and wouldn't seem too hard to do, as everyone's hair has been changing slightly throughout the series. i'm going to have to go back through the beginning of the slide show and see if there are any other pictures that could have potential.

i'd love for there to be a revelation in the last episode that references something back in the first episode, or throughout the series...just something, that we've all missed and would totally blow us all away that it was staring us right in the face this whole time....

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 16th, '07, 09:29

:cry: Just watched the sub of episode 9 and all I got to say is this!

UGH! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
I HATE TADA WITH A PASSION! I knew that he knew all along about the relationship between Rei and Ken!
He even say so when Tada told him that he asked Rei to Marry him.
More proof about Tada is a craddle robber is this:
Tada even referenced that he was thinking about Rei after the student teacher thing at her highschool saying that when Rei told him that we will always be paralel lines. Tada was glad that she siad that because if she did not Tada would never had considered lecturing postion at the University (her teacher) because he thought that he would never be together with Rei. Tada is one sick puppy.
I now honestly think Rei is marrying Tada just to get back a Ken and say "look what you had but now I am gone" How are you going to marry somebody who you know nothing about!
What is her true motivation?

UGH! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
Last edited by Graymouse on Jun 16th, '07, 09:45, edited 3 times in total.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 16th, '07, 09:33

ep 9 was really sad :-( it annoys me when rei keeps calling tada sensie :crazy:

poor ken :cry:

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 16th, '07, 13:03

HAHA @Graymouse! We have one contender for Paciensia King now! LOL

But I can understand your hatred for Tada. I hate him so much that when I saw he was on the preview clip for Episode 10, I closed the window. LOL

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 16th, '07, 13:34

Here are character relationship charts. Notice the changes.....:(

This one is at the start of the series in 2007

This one is about the time when Tada and Rei first met.(episode 2-4)

This one is when they entered into college.(episode 5-8 )

This one is the present time (episode 9)

I thought this might be intresting since everyone has been posting pics...I thought I would be a little different.

I LOATHE TADA! Simply because he has been after Rei since day one! What a perv!

I also think I found a major plot hole that is big enough to drive a 18 wheeler through:

In episode 1 Eri commented to Rei about how in college that if Eri was to get married first that she will through her boquete to Rei. Intresting enough now that Ken timeslipped back in time and changed Tsuru and Eri's feelings for each other and now after episode 9
they are offically dating.
I can't help but wonder if after everything is aaid and done they those to get married. However, after episode 9 everyone is out of college. I don't recall any scene about Eri and Rei talking about who will recieve who's bouquete when they get married. Anyways it looks like Mikio and his girl iare talking about marriage as well. Poor Ken out of the 5 friends only he will not be married. :(

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jun 16th, '07, 15:41

&%#(_O_)_#)@{}{@#

that's my feeling after watching ep.9 8)

I really can't stand Rei.. she's stupid, selfish, hard to satisfy.. it's easy to say "You never understood anything" but she doesn't bother to open her mouth to tell Ken what she needs. does she ask too much ? love is mutual you can't only demand to get and not to give. the story starts to be a pain. Ken, don't get married to this girl you never be able to satisfy this greedy woman :cussing:

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jun 16th, '07, 16:45

I still like Tada. Thought I like him better with that cute goatee. (See One Litre of Tears) He's boring in this series, yeah, but I like his character. It's Rei that's starting to get on my nerves. That fake smile she threw on her face when she accepted his proposal. I think Tada and Ken both are too good for her. Thought what made me squeal was Tsuru and Eri. xD Awww!

Sierrablue

Post by Sierrablue » Jun 16th, '07, 17:07

Graymouse wrote::cry: Just watched the sub of episode 9 and all I got to say is this!

I HATE TADA WITH A PASSION! I knew that he knew all along about the relationship between Rei and Ken!
He even say so when Tada told him that he asked Rei to Marry him.

But all Tada hate aside: If Ken should try his best to be with the girl he loves, shouldn't Tada do the same thing? In reality Ken doesn't care much about Tadas feelings either.
Graymouse wrote:
I now honestly think Rei is marrying Tada just to get back a Ken and say "look what you had but now I am gone" How are you going to marry somebody who you know nothing about!
What is her true motivation?

I think she settles for Tada which is unfair to both guys, she doesn't show all that much love towards her fiancee. She is just too young and immature. Even though Ken told her not to get married so fast for more selfish reasons, he had a good point there.
I don't dislike Tada or Rei, I'm almost tempted to say that the best thing for Rei would be to be by herself for a while to figure out what she really wants in life.

The best thing about the show are the fans here who are so passionate. I enjoy the heated conversations a lot :lol

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Jun 16th, '07, 22:47

*nodnodnodnod* i really dont get why rei keeps telling ken "you really dont understand anything" what more does she want him to understand?? he's trying so freaking hard to get to your heart but all you do is turn and walk off going "you dont understand anything"
i swear when ken ran after rei and hugged her from behind and the camera zoomed in to his hands which were trying so hard to hold onto her..tears just started coming to my eyes. and if it wasnt for the fact that rei said those stupid things, the look on ken's face would've made me start BAWLING!!
I WANT EP 10 SOOO BAD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: *impatient impatient me*

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jun 16th, '07, 23:19

I know. Doesn't help that I'm a Pi fangirl and when I see him cry in ANYTHING it makes my heart break. That scene was really sad. I thought there was slight hope when she grasped his wrist, but then the stupid girl just pulled his hand away from her. Now I know why some people talk bad about her. =P Then again, this is her character.

theGreat0ne

Post by theGreat0ne » Jun 16th, '07, 23:27

Gorahgurl wrote:
I know. Doesn't help that I'm a Pi fangirl and when I see him cry in ANYTHING it makes my heart break. That scene was really sad. I thought there was slight hope when she grasped his wrist, but then the stupid girl just pulled his hand away from her. Now I know why some people talk bad about her. =P Then again, this is her character.
well she did ask him why he was doing it. and what did he say? NOTHING. its his fault for not growing enough balls to say, i love you. all he need to say was those three words and she would accept him. but guess what he didnt and thats why she rejected him. i think some of you guys need to realize the fact that he does not do this all the time. he only shows his love for her maybe 7-8 times in 16-17 years of knowing her? if a girl does what ken does, i would get confuse, too. actually i would get frustrated because i wouldnt know if she was playing me or not.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 17th, '07, 00:27

Ken is sooo frustrating. Just say those words dammit!!
When Rei walked off after that confrontation, I couldn't help think she suddenly felt more determined to marry Tada (of course for the wrong reasons). And when she said "tada sensei" it confirmed my thoughts. Still calling him sensei is not right! Do you somehow get the feeling that these two have barely held hands, never kissed and are now getting married?? crazy!!
I'm sure this has all been said before, but I've been busy studying and now there is no way I'm going to catch up with this thread! So for now, I'll just continue reading from here. Looking forward to the next episode. :)

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 17th, '07, 02:05

meh...anyways I still haven't seen episode 9 with subtitles what program can I use other than bsplayer to watch it by uploading the subtitles? to install bsplayer I would be get adware with it. is there any other program that does not come with that adware?

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jun 17th, '07, 04:33

amirvero wrote:meh...anyways I still haven't seen episode 9 with subtitles what program can I use other than bsplayer to watch it by uploading the subtitles? to install bsplayer I would be get adware with it. is there any other program that does not come with that adware?
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 17th, '07, 05:10

thanks XrayMind

bl00_4ng31

Post by bl00_4ng31 » Jun 17th, '07, 05:55

GoddessCarlie: I AGREEEE! the fact that she calls him tada-sensei (which is to show respect and all but still) it gets annoying. and they REALLY HAVNT KNOWN EACH OTHER LONG ENOUGH GOSH DARN IT!! im just so mad at her for not listening to her heart since she obviously still thinks of ken often enough. its just like she's 1: trying to use tada-sensei as a rebound to forget about ken 2: shoving it in ken's face that tada-sensei wants her and has her

theGreat0ne: ok yes i see wat ur trying to say cuz obviously ken not saying those three words is very crucial. BUT i dont think that its as easy as u say it is. just cuz he says those 3 words doesnt mean that rei's just gonna get swept off her feet and they're gonna live happily ever after. besides....its all easier said than done...

ok im a yamapi-fan. so sue me :P :lol

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 17th, '07, 06:48

As I count down to my own prop-d three-hour supechiaru, I can't help but notice that some of us on this thread are drunk on haterade. Guys, lay off the stuff. Those who are mad at Tada should realize that he served an important function. He was responsible for opening Ken's eyes so he could properly appreciate Rei the way a sexually mature male appreciates a sexually mature female.

I'm beginning to suspect that the thing past Ken didn't "get" that so pissed off Rei was that she was a grown woman, bursting with hormones and with particular needs that only a man could provide, if you get my drift (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more). If Tada hadn't made a move on Rei, Ken would still be stuck in that asexual and juvenile holding pattern without realizing that Rei had already outgrown it.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 17th, '07, 07:16

joeboygo wrote:As I count down to my own prop-d three-hour supechiaru, I can't help but notice that some of us on this thread are drunk on haterade. Guys, lay off the stuff. Those who are mad at Tada should realize that he served an important function. He was responsible for opening Ken's eyes so he could properly appreciate Rei the way a sexually mature male appreciates a sexually mature female.

I'm beginning to suspect that the thing past Ken didn't "get" that so pissed off Rei was that she was a grown woman, bursting with hormones and with particular needs that only a man could provide, if you get my drift (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more). If Tada hadn't made a move on Rei, Ken would still be stuck in that asexual and juvenile holding pattern without realizing that Rei had already outgrown it.
Joe, I thought that you were the main and the ring leader of the "I hate Tada club". Anyways, I just get very annoiyed with Tada because of his dorkiness! I mean come on who the hell gets married to a women or a man for that matter who don't know nothing about each other.
Ken told this to Rei and Rei said that she knows that she doesn't know very much about him but she wants to know more and more about him. Traditionaly that is done before the wedding. Most people want to get to know the other before marry to make sure that the person iis who thy want to spend the rest of their lives together.
I am pretty sure that once you start watching Prodai again you will understand my frustration.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 17th, '07, 07:33

Graymouse:

Look at it this way. Tada had a purpose and served it. Now that he's done, he'll do what any zeta male who knows his place in the pecking order knows to do: bow out and make way for the main stud. And I could think of no better person than he to serve as Rei's temporary harbor while Ken got his act together. Who among us doubts that when Ken finally reclaims Rei from him, she'll still be unexplored territory? So instead of busting on Tada,we ought to thank him for a job well done, right before we tell the chump to get the hell out of the way.

And to those still hating on Rei, we've talked about this already. Re-watch episode one, as it answers when it was that Ken first fully realized the depth and sexual maturity of his attraction to Rei: it was when she said "I do." Before that, he was totally indifferent to all her mating calls. So it's not her fault that Ken hasn't been getting through, because as soon as future Ken would leave, his old self would almost immediately commence dismantling all the progress achieved during the time-slip. If you need to be mad at anybody, be mad at past Ken.

Edit: I swear there's some kind of censor or filter at work here. My post wouldn't go through until I deleted certain words.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 17th, '07, 07:47

wow, for a sunday, so much talks have passed eh.... heheheh...

i think i wont say my piece until i've seen episode 10. seeing the posts before me, i think my post will just be a rewind tirade. XD XD

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 17th, '07, 07:55

joeboygo wrote:Graymouse:

Look at it this way. Tada had a purpose and served it. Now that he's done, he'll do what any zeta male who knows his place in the pecking order knows to do: bow out and make way for the main stud. And I could think of no better person than he to serve as Rei's temporary harbor while Ken got his act together. Who among us doubts that when Ken finally reclaims Rei from him, she'll still be unexplored territory? So instead of busting on Tada,we ought to thank him for a job well done, right before we tell the chump to get the hell out of the way.
Joe:

I don't know but I found what you said so damn funny. I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the cheerup. I can bet my bottom dollar that "Rei is unexplored territory" I bet at the wedding that was the first time they had kissed. He is too much of a dork to do anything other than touch her hand.
Last edited by Graymouse on Jun 17th, '07, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 17th, '07, 08:22

Graymouse wrote:I bet at the wedding that was the first time they had kissed. He is too much of a dork to do anything other than touch her hand.
Let's get this straight: They did not kiss. That wedding is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. That's why the camera cut away. Nothing to see, nothing to remember. Tada doesn't get to kiss nuttin but 'ss. That is the lot in life of of a virtua-eunuch. Deal with it, Tada fans.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Jun 17th, '07, 08:52

Graymouse wrote:Joe, I thought that you were the main and the ring leader of the "I hate Tada club". Anyways, I just get very annoiyed with Tada because of his dorkiness! I mean come on who the hell gets married to a women or a man for that matter who don't know nothing about each other.
Ken told this to Rei and Rei said that she knows that she doesn't know very much about him but she wants to know more and more about him. Traditionaly that is done before the wedding. Most people want to get to know the other before marry to make sure that the person iis who thy want to spend the rest of their lives together.
I am pretty sure that once you start watching Prodai again you will understand my frustration.
I think the part about getting to know someone was a meant to mean something else though. I think people say that when they are about to get married. Things change during that period and you begin to learn a lot of new things about your signicant other. For instance, you'll be living together when married, which forces to learn things about them that you may never have suspected. They'll also face new challenges and they both will learn new things about each other and themselves while they go through new challenges which means that they will learn more about each other. I think people say that they want to learn more about them in that type of instance, i think they mean they are ready to go to the next level of their relationship and learn even more. I think i've heard it at some weddings before, and i know they didnt mean it the way your thinking of.

lychee87

Post by lychee87 » Jun 17th, '07, 09:04

TADA SMELLLSSSSS !!!!!!

theGreat0ne

Post by theGreat0ne » Jun 17th, '07, 10:02

[quote= theGreat0ne: ok yes i see wat ur trying to say cuz obviously ken not saying those three words is very crucial. BUT i dont think that its as easy as u say it is. just cuz he says those 3 words doesnt mean that rei's just gonna get swept off her feet and they're gonna live happily ever after. besides....its all easier said than done...

ok im a yamapi-fan. so sue me :P :lol[/quote]

didnt you see that she was waiting for him to say something? she waited for a good 30-40 seconds from the time she asked the first question. i know its hard saying if you are unsure about the other side, but he knows that she likes/liked him. like the fairy said, he needs to get out of his d@mn shell and just say it.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 17th, '07, 12:14

joeboygo wrote:
Graymouse wrote:I bet at the wedding that was the first time they had kissed. He is too much of a dork to do anything other than touch her hand.
Let's get this straight: They did not kiss. That wedding is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. That's why the camera cut away. Nothing to see, nothing to remember. Tada doesn't get to kiss nuttin but 'ss. That is the lot in life of of a virtua-eunuch. Deal with it, Tada fans.
:D
Last edited by Graymouse on Jun 17th, '07, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jun 17th, '07, 14:42

I always assumed the camera cut away because later on, it would deem very unimportant and not as special. But they had to of kissed, they said their vows. It's tradition. I've never seen anyone, after saying "I do", say,"Nah, we don't feel like kissing right now. Maybe later?"

cgme

Post by cgme » Jun 17th, '07, 21:52

XrayMind wrote:
amirvero wrote:meh...anyways I still haven't seen episode 9 with subtitles what program can I use other than bsplayer to watch it by uploading the subtitles? to install bsplayer I would be get adware with it. is there any other program that does not come with that adware?
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
I used to use VLC, but recently I discovered The KM Player and I think it's better because their subtitle rendering looks better.

http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php

As for the ending, how funny would it be if it was a Fight Club moment where we learn that
KEN IS TADA!!!

... and he's actually trying to get OUT of the wedding!

HAHA! :P

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 18th, '07, 08:45

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: 4 more hours and episode 10 will air! :w00t: :w00t:

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jun 18th, '07, 09:35

Graymouse please give us a play by play of what's happening! I can't wait to see it anymore! Haha darn me for living in the US :glare: ! Going to sleep now and hopefully the torrent will be up by the time I wake up. It's currently 2:35 AM where I live and I've been thinking about episode 10 all day!

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 18th, '07, 10:25

Whopee! It looks like the gang's here again to tune in to hikkichan and/or Graymouse's liveblog of the broadcast. Let me know when it's safe to start watching the show again. Will I make it a 3-hour special or a 4-hour special?

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 18th, '07, 10:35

:) I will do the best that I can do. Anybody got any predictions on what is going to happen this episode?

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 18th, '07, 11:14

It's that time of the week again!! Pro dai time :) This time I will try hard to keep up with the discussion because I love what everyone has to say.

Random thought for the day:
You know Rei hasn't been making googly eyes at Ken for the past couple of weeks. Of course this is because Ken hasn't really made any progress so Rei doesn't have any special private memories for her to get all googly eyed over. I miss those little glimpses.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 18th, '07, 12:03

Its on. Showing a recap on what happended last episode. LOL Ken is drunk before that picture is taken.

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 18th, '07, 12:08

ask...and it shall be given.........Last...Halleuah chance! Wow! Ken appears and Rei walks out in her wedding dress and says some romantic things to Ken. Ken is in a gray tux. She was practicing. Eri is in a wedding dress as well. Tsuru is is some crazy outfit. The gang minus Tada are all trying out their dresses/suits for the wedding.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 18th, '07, 12:11

I wanna watch this episode soo badly...lucky Graymouse :D

Graymouse

Post by Graymouse » Jun 18th, '07, 12:15

Seems like they are going shopping for house items, refer,rice cooker,vacuum etc. Now they are playing hyper hockey. Ken and Rei vs Eri and Tsuru!