[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jun 17th, '07, 12:48

the scene that i cant wait to watch.... KISSING SCENE between maki & shun!
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~n! :wub: xD

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 17th, '07, 13:08

unclehock wrote:hahaha ok ok..
i definintely think maki is like 12414195340924124124 times better looking than ella :whistling:
just the hairstyles i thot were similar, but i suppose there's no other way to make girls look like guys that easily!!!!

omg i just can't wait for this now the more i see it : ) just that i wonder if i can go back to seeing maki as an onna-no-hito again :wub:

hahaha... with that i would agree with you :)

hikaru_11

Post by hikaru_11 » Jun 17th, '07, 13:19

biniBningPunkista wrote:
i definintely think maki is like 12414195340924124124 times better looking than ella :whistling:
just the hairstyles i thot were similar, but i suppose there's no other way to make girls look like guys that easily!!!!

omg i just can't wait for this now the more i see it : ) just that i wonder if i can go back to seeing maki as an onna-no-hito again :wub:

LOL. true true. he fits perfectly in that photo. oppss..i mean she. haha :lol and i personally think she's way prettier than ella. maki can now change from being onna no hito to an otoko no hito. haha. i'm so excited. haha. and in the manga sano at mizuki shared :lol 4 kisses. kyaaaa XD definitely something to look forward to XD start counting the days :roll

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 17th, '07, 13:46

lets hope for more than 4 kisses then.. lolz..

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 17th, '07, 14:56

4 ? wow, sorry I haven't finished the manga yet cuz I dun't want to be spoiled.. even though I've watched TW vers already akaka..

Anyways, I doubt that Jp vers will do it better, cuz it's hard to see a Kiss in Jdorama, well there is, but... Maki ?!! I really hope they'll let her have a kiss this time omg !! XD

unclehock

Post by unclehock » Jun 17th, '07, 15:08

kisses? o-O
noooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:
hahahahahaha, of course im biased. remind me where again did maki share kisses with anyone.. did she in teppan? don't think so hahaha.
still, it'd be fun to see 2 guys kiss :whistling:

veracious

Post by veracious » Jun 17th, '07, 18:05

Dude, if they take out any of the canon kisses, I will seriously cry blood.

Even if Maki has never kissed anybody in a drama before... I seriously want a kiss. Hana Kimi isn't Hana Kimi without the kisses. :(

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 17th, '07, 18:20

oh yeah I will too T^T , iyaaa Maki's 1st on screen kiss... ma ma~

yeah Shun& Maki should appear in shows to promote the drama! I can't wait ekek

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jun 17th, '07, 18:20

OMG I haven't been chatting on D-addicts for a while and this is the wonderful surprise I get. Thanks so much for informing us about a Japanese version of Hanakimi drama. Yes, loving the actors playing the roles already. Perfect choices. So can't wait anymore.

With Oguri Shun as Sano what could go wrong with the drama. He's so hot and a really talented actor. :wub: When is this going to air...subs please come.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jun 17th, '07, 20:15

hana kimi is a pretty touchy feely manga, part of which has to do with Mizuki's American upbringing, but there's a lot of hugging, accidental kissing, forehead touching, people crawling into bed with one another, people touching Mizuki's chest.....etc, etc.

I. CANNOT. WAIT.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jun 17th, '07, 20:57

i really hope they don't cut out any kissing, hugging, and bed scenes cause if they do that i'm gonna get really :cussing: pissed off! i luv all the kissing scenes and all the times mizuki and sano sleep next to each other, it's really cute and sweet it would be a huge waste to cutt those scenes out! :cry: :cry:

seiret

Post by seiret » Jun 18th, '07, 05:35

hikaru_11 wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:

LOL. true true. he fits perfectly in that photo. oppss..i mean she. haha :lol and i personally think she's way prettier than ella. maki can now change from being onna no hito to an otoko no hito. haha. i'm so excited. haha. and in the manga sano at mizuki shared :lol 4 kisses. kyaaaa XD definitely something to look forward to XD start counting the days :roll
Erm... what I remember was that there were 5. ^o^ It's just that both of them can only remember 4. Or was it 4 but they can only remember 3? Waaah, must check the manga again.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 18th, '07, 11:19

Another vote here for lots of kissy touch feely bed-sharing scenes! I hope they don't wimp out. This should be good :)

TomaT

Post by TomaT » Jun 18th, '07, 12:11

rumen wrote:my only complaint on casting is kyo nobuo. the one to the bottom left of toma ikuta in the poster if you aren;t familiar with him.
don't get me wrong, i adore this guy to death. but i think he looks his age, and therefore looks a little too old to be a student. hes cast as himejima, the third dorm leader. but i do think he will do a great job in this role.
i think he would have made a perfect umeda (school doctor) though!
from that angle he looked old, but at the CM he looked OK as Nakatsu

but yeah, why the doctor has to be that old

unkei

Post by unkei » Jun 18th, '07, 12:38

aside from all the sano/mizuki material...what about all the boy on boy action?! personally i thought the best kiss in the whole manga was between two guys. one of the best things about hanakimi was how it wasn't completely focused on the two protagonists...but when it's all set at a boy's school, so many of the subplots had shounen ai implications.

i'd love to see that replicated in the drama~ =D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 18th, '07, 13:14

^ uhm no, I dun't want it in Hana Kimi... well just my opinion,

Btw, NewS'FS has done another news clip , Mezamashi June 14th !

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v647327nNHEkh7m

Translator : Karin
Timer & Encoder : Ran

NewS'FS : http://nomanymore.livejournal.com/tag/newsfs
Main : http://nomanymore.co.nr

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jun 18th, '07, 14:35

eh, are you referring to the Dr. Umeda special plotline in volume 14 (I think it's Volume 14?). Considering that his stalker (erm, fan) is now played by a woman (I think she's a combination of two characters now), I don't think his gayness is going to be explored in the drama...unless they surprise me, and the reason he's running away from her attentions is because he's gay. But the shounen ai was pretty much implied in everything else, not explicit like Umeda's flashback was. I like to think of HK as straight shounen ai, because to everyone else, Mizuki is a boy, and they just naturally think of him and Sano as a couple. And of course Nakatsu's alternately hilarious and heartbreaking crush on Mizuki.

Considering the time it's airing and the history of fanservice in Japanese entertainment, it'll be interesting to see if they do acknowledge the manga's slashy undertones, or just play it up for comedy. I have no problems with either option, as HK is supposed to be funny and light hearted.

ladysaotome

Post by ladysaotome » Jun 18th, '07, 16:53

silentblvd wrote:eh, are you referring to the Dr. Umeda special plotline in volume 14 (I think it's Volume 14?). Considering that his stalker (erm, fan) is now played by a woman (I think she's a combination of two characters now), I don't think his gayness is going to be explored in the drama...unless they surprise me, and the reason he's running away from her attentions is because he's gay. But the shounen ai was pretty much implied in everything else, not explicit like Umeda's flashback was. I like to think of HK as straight shounen ai, because to everyone else, Mizuki is a boy, and they just naturally think of him and Sano as a couple. And of course Nakatsu's alternately hilarious and heartbreaking crush on Mizuki.

Considering the time it's airing and the history of fanservice in Japanese entertainment, it'll be interesting to see if they do acknowledge the manga's slashy undertones, or just play it up for comedy. I have no problems with either option, as HK is supposed to be funny and light hearted.
The photographer kissed Umeda at one point in the manga (I think it's volume 11).

pagtitiyaga

Post by pagtitiyaga » Jun 18th, '07, 22:05

ladysaotome wrote:
The photographer kissed Umeda at one point in the manga (I think it's volume 11).
Wasn`t the photographer married?

unkei

Post by unkei » Jun 19th, '07, 00:24

it'd be a terrible shame if they made umeda straight. that's like half the fun gone already. apart from umeda, there were other instances too. nakao's extreme crush on minami for eg. also a few of the sideplots (like the one involving alex).

a lot of it is implied as opposed to openly expressed though. the cross-dressing segment should be fun. i hope i'll see that in the drama.

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jun 19th, '07, 01:00

i had a strong feeling that maki was wearing a wig during the first few days of filming hanakimi cause it coincides with her other drama seito shokun...so apparently she all ready had a hair cut for her role as mizuki...can anyone confirm when she had a hair cut? was her hair all ready short when she started filming hanakimi? cause i really think it was a wig...some pics:

sorry posted the same one on other forums...too lazy to edt... :D

huesofsunday

Post by huesofsunday » Jun 19th, '07, 05:08

pagtitiyaga wrote:
ladysaotome wrote:
Akira was divorced.
His ex-wife works for him as a make-up artist.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 19th, '07, 05:41

@vina.loves.sushi: uhm I dun't think it matters wheter she cuts her hair or wears a wig, just look at the pics from Girls lock, she cut her hair & that's all lol why people like searching about such tiny things akakak

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jun 19th, '07, 08:52

Nomanymore wrote:@vina.loves.sushi: uhm I dun't think it matters wheter she cuts her hair or wears a wig, just look at the pics from Girls lock, she cut her hair & that's all lol why people like searching about such tiny things akakak
i'm just curious that's all...

i just thought she looked better with her hair short...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 19th, '07, 09:10

^__^ oh yea I agree.

When I 1st saw it, I didn't have habit yet ... hope the photos coming on mags will be good !

seiret

Post by seiret » Jun 19th, '07, 13:29

pagtitiyaga wrote:
ladysaotome wrote:
Yeah, and Umeda kissed Mizuki's brother too (Shizuki? I think that's his name.)

I really wish they would put in THE Nakatsu/Taiki momentt. The one where Taiki put a blanket on Nakatsu because he was soooo sad. Waaah, he came to pick him up. I really love that scene.

And yeah, I love the Nanba-Nakao moments too. ^___^

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jun 19th, '07, 15:32

I MUST be a big fan of Hana Kimi if I just went through 27 pages of this thread to get up to speed with all you other fans! Haha...it's like 3AM and I have to get up in like 4 hours too...oh well...it was worth it!

I loved the HanaKimi manga and my scanlation group did a lot of the translations for the manga till it got licensed so I can't wait for July!

Oh, and I am sure that the Japanese version will be wayyyyyyyyy better than the TW one. Apologies to fans of the TW version but I did sit through most of it till the last three episodes and I just couldn't bear to finish it (even though I was so close to the end). Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Ella or Wu Zun but they made it SO hard for me to watch the show because at times the scenes/jokes with them felt really forced and lame (and I can understand Mandarin so it makes it doubly cringe-worthy). The other actors in it were entertaining though (excluding the one who plays Julia...she was annoying with her half-Mandarin and half-English speech! We know you're supposed to be from America already =( ). Ahhh, better stop myself before I say too much and offend people.

Let's just say that the TW version was disappointing to me so I'm definitely looking forward to the Japanese one! And IMO, Maki looks more convincing as "pretty-boy" Mizuki than Ella (Wu Zun was actually prettier than Ella in the TW version).

Namida Iro

Post by Namida Iro » Jun 19th, '07, 16:05

^FuNKy^ wrote:Let's just say that the TW version was disappointing to me so I'm definitely looking forward to the Japanese one! And IMO, Maki looks more convincing as "pretty-boy" Mizuki than Ella (Wu Zun was actually prettier than Ella in the TW version).
Lol, may I second that? :lol I thought the TW version was kinda forced too, like, they tried too hard to make the drama -that- funny. No offense to those who liked it too, but I hope and am sure the Japanese version should be better. ^^

By the way, does Maki know English? Or a bit, at least. I think Julia and her -will- speak some English in the drama. But that's just a random thought. :lol

14 more days to July 3rd (in where I am)! Can't wait~

rosa_schnee

Post by rosa_schnee » Jun 19th, '07, 16:11

Oh, and I am sure that the Japanese version will be wayyyyyyyyy better than the TW one. Apologies to fans of the TW version but I did sit through most of it till the last three episodes and I just couldn't bear to finish it (even though I was so close to the end). Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Ella or Wu Zun but they made it SO hard for me to watch the show because at times the scenes/jokes with them felt really forced and lame (and I can understand Mandarin so it makes it doubly cringe-worthy).

i agree..i was cringing by the last 5 episodes of the TW version..it started off good but by the end they sorta lost the plot...hope the japanese one doesnt end up that way...

symanith

Post by symanith » Jun 19th, '07, 18:03

Namida Iro wrote:
^FuNKy^ wrote:Let's just say that the TW version was disappointing to me so I'm definitely looking forward to the Japanese one! And IMO, Maki looks more convincing as "pretty-boy" Mizuki than Ella (Wu Zun was actually prettier than Ella in the TW version).
Lol, may I second that? :lol I thought the TW version was kinda forced too, like, they tried too hard to make the drama -that- funny. No offense to those who liked it too, but I hope and am sure the Japanese version should be better. ^^

By the way, does Maki know English? Or a bit, at least. I think Julia and her -will- speak some English in the drama. But that's just a random thought. :lol

From what I gathered from the manga and the tw series, since she was studying abroad in America she became quite fluent in english. I'm trying to remember how many scenes cover that in the manga, but I know there are a couple.

YATA! I finally caught up on the discussion pages! Now I can finally post!
I am so stoked for this drama! I almost died when I found out! they were finally doing the japanese drama! and with Oguri and Maki! Waaaa! Of course it was just a matter of time if you think about it. How could they possibly write a JAPANESE manga, and NOT have a JAPANESE drama based off it? that would of just been wrong! Besides, Maki is such a telented actress! and So is Shun! I saw a short clip on Youtube of Maki's look for the drama and she pulled it off so well! And don't forget shun! He's got the perfect looks for it! Sharply defined features, tall, and his acting is perfect! He will definitely pull off the cool, demeanor perfectly! :wub:

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jun 19th, '07, 18:06

veracious wrote:Dude, if they take out any of the canon kisses, I will seriously cry blood.

Even if Maki has never kissed anybody in a drama before... I seriously want a kiss. Hana Kimi isn't Hana Kimi without the kisses. :(
Hahah. Cry blood. Dude. I would like. Blow up, or something.
Last edited by wat3rm3lon on Jun 20th, '07, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jun 19th, '07, 18:35

Please tell me why Mizushima Hiro is suuch a stud.
Freaking hot dorm leader.

I'm seriously going crazy about this Japanese Hana Kimi, though. I even had a dream about it. Omfg, there's something wrong with me.
Last edited by wat3rm3lon on Jun 20th, '07, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jun 19th, '07, 18:47

Namida Iro wrote:

Well, one of Maki's favorite subjects is English. Usually you do a little better if you enjoy it. :) Ikuta Toma for example. English is also his favorite subject and from some what I heard from his singing, his pronouciations were quite good (not the best--there's still an accent, but pretty good I thought). Now I'm getting off topic LOL

What I'm little curious about is who is going to play Julia or her brother, Shizuki, assuming they are going to appear.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 20th, '07, 00:40

Prodigy_child wrote:What I'm little curious about is who is going to play Julia or her brother, Shizuki, assuming they are going to appear.
i agree. those are both going to be interesting casts. i hope they are done well. the julia in the chinese version was really good. she had to of lived in the US, her accent was perfect.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jun 20th, '07, 00:56

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Iwasa_Mayuko is listed on Hana Kimi's DramaWiki's page, so I'm guessing that that's her? Julia or something?

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jun 20th, '07, 03:38

x_XJules wrote:
Prodigy_child wrote:What I'm little curious about is who is going to play Julia or her brother, Shizuki, assuming they are going to appear.
i agree. those are both going to be interesting casts. i hope they are done well. the julia in the chinese version was really good. she had to of lived in the US, her accent was perfect.
The girl who played Julia--Nissa--I read somewhere she was actually born in Canada, which was while her pronouciation and all was good.

huesofsunday

Post by huesofsunday » Jun 20th, '07, 03:54

Mizuki's brother, Shizuki is actually half american (in the manga)
Don't know if they'll keep it that way or another.

Sprinkles

Post by Sprinkles » Jun 20th, '07, 04:21

I am seriously so excited XD CANNOT..CONTAIN...Happiness :D :D Hana Kimi is making me look forward to this summer like woah.

^FuNKy^

Post by ^FuNKy^ » Jun 20th, '07, 04:52

Prodigy_child wrote:
Namida Iro wrote:

Well, one of Maki's favorite subjects is English. Usually you do a little better if you enjoy it. :) Ikuta Toma for example. English is also his favorite subject and from some what I heard from his singing, his pronouciations were quite good (not the best--there's still an accent, but pretty good I thought). Now I'm getting off topic LOL

What I'm little curious about is who is going to play Julia or her brother, Shizuki, assuming they are going to appear.
I forgot if the manga ever mentioned anything about Mizuki's English accent? Pronouncing English words properly is one thing but if Maki had to do a convincing American accent too...

Although I'm sure Maki (Mizuki) will be able to pull off some English words but I think it is going to be tough for her to do a whole scene in English. Well it would be for anyone trying to speak another language other than their native tongue - so ganbatte Maki-san!

I don't think it's impossible for Maki to do it though since she's talented and countless Hollywood stars had to do roles in films speaking other languages e.g. Juliette Binoche (Chocolat) is a French actress originally and Nicole Kidman in Birthday Girl had to speak in Russian I think.

bluxabstract

Post by bluxabstract » Jun 20th, '07, 05:17

Somehow I think this series will be VERY cheesy..But even so I like Maki and oguri shun so I'll most likely check it out. I wonder if Maki can pull off acting as Mizuki hopefully this series will be fun :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jun 20th, '07, 05:21

can't wait!! Can't wait!!!

But that means that my summer break is half over o___O noooooo!!!!

Well i be happy to see HK as a dorama!!

nokuriyo

Post by nokuriyo » Jun 20th, '07, 06:24

Rikayla wrote:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Iwasa_Mayuko is listed on Hana Kimi's DramaWiki's page, so I'm guessing that that's her? Julia or something?
Well, she could be Sano's manager, since it said in her profile that she lived in Japan her whole life, but maybe she can speak english...we'll have to see that, we never know who might be cast as who...^^

13 days to go!!!! Excited as always!!! ^_^v

airskape

Post by airskape » Jun 20th, '07, 07:27

what the hell..28 pages already? lol
which drama was more hyped before release? this or hyd2?

dashmoo

Post by dashmoo » Jun 20th, '07, 15:21

Can't wait either for this drama!

It's got me looking for the manga and reading it.

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jun 20th, '07, 16:01

^FuNKy^ wrote:
Prodigy_child wrote:
Namida Iro wrote: Lol, may I second that? :lol I thought the TW version was kinda forced too, like, they tried too hard to make the drama -that- funny. No offense to those who liked it too, but I hope and am sure the Japanese version should be better. ^^

I forgot if the manga ever mentioned anything about Mizuki's English accent? Pronouncing English words properly is one thing but if Maki had to do a convincing American accent too...

Although I'm sure Maki (Mizuki) will be able to pull off some English words but I think it is going to be tough for her to do a whole scene in English. Well it would be for anyone trying to speak another language other than their native tongue - so ganbatte Maki-san!

I don't think it's impossible for Maki to do it though since she's talented and countless Hollywood stars had to do roles in films speaking other languages e.g. Juliette Binoche (Chocolat) is a French actress originally and Nicole Kidman in Birthday Girl had to speak in Russian I think.
When it comes to Hollywood stars, they actually took classes and had a trainer to help them as best they can. Well's that's the case with Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu when they had to speak Japanese. They might have gotten a English trainer of sort, but perhaps they were cheap like they were in HYD. >_>; Then again, they do have actors in the cast who speak English. Hiro (Nanba) does speak fluent English, but he learned it from Switzerland (Swiss English accent o.O?) and Shirota Yuu (Kagurazaka) speaks English cause he study abroad in Austrailia (but yeah, Austrailian accent lol). We certainly have a talented case, but yeah, who knows.

Less than two weeks to wait! They already have some more minor characters listed on the drama wiki page.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jun 20th, '07, 16:32

i just checked the wiki to hana-kimi and they added more people! but since i'm only on vol. 8 of hana-kmi i don't know the new characters added on the show! who are Kishink Juri, Amakasaki Kanna, Imaike Komari, Taikoku Machi?? can anyone tell me!

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jun 20th, '07, 17:21

kawaiimomo wrote:i just checked the wiki to hana-kimi and they added more people! but since i'm only on vol. 8 of hana-kmi i don't know the new characters added on the show! who are Kishink Juri, Amakasaki Kanna, Imaike Komari, Taikoku Machi?? can anyone tell me!
I'm not sure who Machi is, but Juri and Kanna are the girls from Osaka's sister school. St. Blossom or whatever.
Juri was the girl who got jealous of the guys who dressed up as girls because she was afraid they would win the most beautiful girl title award thing. She spilled a drink on Mizuki's dress. Kanna is Tennouji Megumi's betrothed. Imaike Komari was the girl who asked Nakatsu out before and went out with before he got the courage to "come out of the closet".

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jun 20th, '07, 17:35

o thank u!! really appreciate it! :D :-)

pagtitiyaga

Post by pagtitiyaga » Jun 20th, '07, 17:56

I know this topic is for the japanese version but, I noticed in the first episode of Hana Kimi taiwanese ver. Julia had a clear accent, but it disappeared when she came to taiwan.. :blink

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jun 20th, '07, 19:36

Rikayla wrote:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Iwasa_Mayuko is listed on Hana Kimi's DramaWiki's page, so I'm guessing that that's her? Julia or something?
The drama wiki page of Hana Kimi just got edited. And apparently Iwasa Mayuko will be playing Hibari. Himejima's rival from St. Blossoms. :) And Sakimoto Hiromi is playing Kyobashi. Theres so many minor characters in HK that I can't identify who he is. Its not the photographer guy from dorm 3 cause his name was Nihonbashi.

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jun 20th, '07, 21:00

About shirota yuu... let's not forget he also can speak a little bit of spanish, I once saw some clips of his on youtube, he said a few words... it sounded REALLY good... so he does have some experience with accents... Let's hope they all help each other with the possible english dialogue and the result turns out to be good!!!!!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Go Hana Kimi! XD XD

ladysaotome

Post by ladysaotome » Jun 20th, '07, 21:14

pagtitiyaga wrote:I know this topic is for the japanese version but, I noticed in the first episode of Hana Kimi taiwanese ver. Julia had a clear accent, but it disappeared when she came to taiwan.. :blink
I thought her accent was fine she just constantly switched back & forth from english to mandarin which threw me off a little. But she still spoke fantastic english.

EDIT: Now, Shun'a accent in HYD was - not too great. But I don't think the manga said he had a very good accent. Just that he understood pretty well. Hopefully Maki has a good accent since Mizuki was pretty much raised in the states.

pagtitiyaga

Post by pagtitiyaga » Jun 20th, '07, 21:23

ladysaotome wrote:
I thought her accent was fine she just constantly switched back & forth from english to mandarin which threw me off a little. But she still spoke fantastic english.

EDIT: Now, Shun'a accent in HYD was - not too great. But I don't think the manga said he had a very good accent. Just that he understood pretty well. Hopefully Maki has a good accent since Mizuki was pretty much raised in the states.
Watch the FIRST episode again and you`ll see. Later in the series when they show her again, her english got really good, I know.

ananaslexi

confused...

Post by ananaslexi » Jun 20th, '07, 21:34

Ok, I haven't been able to find a copy of Hana Kimi where I live (rural southern US does have it's downside), and I am *so* confused about the characters. I understand the main characters, but not many others. Is there a site that describes the characters relationships? I saw the tversion of the manga, but the character's names were different which doesn't help...

Farah_UK

Post by Farah_UK » Jun 20th, '07, 21:47

@ ananaslexi: I was confused too about the other characters, but then I found some info on wikipedia follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana-Kimi
Hope that helps :-)

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jun 20th, '07, 21:55

You could also download the manga here:
http://www.aicoalition.com/manga_hanakimi.php
If you don't mind being spoiled with the story... XD

ananaslexi

Post by ananaslexi » Jun 20th, '07, 21:57

Farah_UK wrote:@ ananaslexi: I was confused too about the other characters, but then I found some info on wikipedia follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana-Kimi
Hope that helps :-)
thanks! :D

ananaslexi

Post by ananaslexi » Jun 20th, '07, 22:00

princess_jime wrote:You could also download the manga here:
http://www.aicoalition.com/manga_hanakimi.php
If you don't mind being spoiled with the story... XD
Thanks! I've wanted to read it.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jun 21st, '07, 00:31

look guys!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

this is sooo freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!

credits http://blueverry.blog37.fc2.com/blog-entry-681.html

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jun 21st, '07, 00:49

kozumifan wrote:look guys!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Awesome!! i love Nakatsu too!!! I wonder if they are goign to make Tomo speak with an osakian accent... since Nakatsu is suppose to be from Osaka

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jun 21st, '07, 00:53

kozumifan wrote:look guys!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

LOL Ikemen indeed :w00t:

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jun 21st, '07, 01:09

toma looks soooo cute on this first picture
"my heart is beating fast..." :w00t: :w00t: :wub: :wub: XD XD

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jun 21st, '07, 04:20

Oh my goshh. I've been looking for some actual screenshots of at least one episode. Thanks so much for the post! I'm like uberr excited, right now.

I also looked through the site where the amazing pictures were found. Wanna see?

pagtitiyaga

Post by pagtitiyaga » Jun 21st, '07, 20:12

I`m worried maki might worry too much about potraying a guy that it won`t be funny.. :-(

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jun 21st, '07, 22:43

pagtitiyaga wrote:I`m worried maki might worry too much about potraying a guy that it won`t be funny.. :-(
Yeah, me too. Her "exaggerated" expressions are still very soft, when you watch the previews and stuff.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 21st, '07, 22:52

^ ano so u want her to 'exaggerate' on her acting ?? like Ella ? well, I just want her to play HER Mizuki, no need to exaggerate in order to make it "funny" or it might just be ridiculous in the end...

Again, all we can do is to wait... let's not give out judgement yet!

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jun 22nd, '07, 04:01

Nomanymore wrote:^ ano so u want her to 'exaggerate' on her acting ?? like Ella ? well, I just want her to play HER Mizuki, no need to exaggerate in order to make it "funny" or it might just be ridiculous in the end...

Again, all we can do is to wait... let's not give out judgement yet!
I probably completely agree with you. The thing I didn't exactly like in the Taiwanese was especially the fact that Ella exaggerated almost every one of her expressions. But don't get me wrong, it only made the drama more entertaining, of course.

But some part of me really would like to have it relate to the actual manga. Mizuki in the manga doesn't seem as outrageous or as spontaneous as Ella portrayed her.

In my opinion, Ella didn't seem to show any feminine side in the drama.

But the drama is still my favorite.

I'm not saying I don't want it to be funny - just not as exaggerated. Anyway, evaluating from the previous dramas she fantastically acted out, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e should be no exception.

Either way, I'm still freeaking' excited.

ananaslexi

Post by ananaslexi » Jun 22nd, '07, 05:44

princess_jime, thank you so much for the link! ...I just finished it...in two days...

now I REALY can't wait for the jdrama!

cherryaddict

Post by cherryaddict » Jun 22nd, '07, 12:51

how maqny dayz left 4 hana kimi 2 be shown??????

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 22nd, '07, 13:03

cherryaddict wrote:how maqny dayz left 4 hana kimi 2 be shown??????
what maqny means..?? :lol

well if I'm not mistaken, Hana Kimi will be shown in Fuji TV on 3 July 2007... so its about 10 more days.

from drama wiki :

The drama is based on the popular manga of the same name by Nakajo Hisaya, which has already been dramatized in Taiwan. Horikita plays the protagonist Ashiya Mizuki, a Japanese girl in the U.S. who one day sees the young athlete Sano Izumi (Oguri) compete in the high jump on television. She begins to idolize him, and decides to move to Japan to attend the same school as him. However, Izumi goes to an all-boys school, so Mizuki disguises herself as a boy to achieve her dream of being with her idol

hahaha this idea is hotttttt !!!!

just 10 more days to gather all the live-action fans.. hoping for super download speed with english hardsub 8)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 22nd, '07, 14:25

omg, guys look at this :wub:

XD~

but so sad, Toma is not there, hixxx

Credit to Hana Kimi website ^o^

omg I can't wait !!

Ps: oh and this one too..
is it me or the doctor Umeda looks totally different here :goggle: omg , I guess he cut his hair, which is good, cuz he looks much like Umeda now XD
Attachments
poster.JPG
poster.JPG (83.64 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jun 22nd, '07, 15:36

i already luv this Umeda so much more than the taiwanese one!!! this Umeda is so much HOTTER!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: he looks so different from his drama wiki pic!!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 22nd, '07, 15:47

Nomanymore wrote:omg, guys look at this :wub:

XD~

omg I can't wait !!

Ps: oh and this one too..
is it me or the doctor Umeda looks totally different here :goggle: omg , I guess he cut his hair, which is good, cuz he looks much like Umeda now XD

whaaa.....!!!! arigatou gozaimas for showing this to us!!!! i'm getting really excited with this...whaaaa...!!!

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jun 22nd, '07, 17:13

The doctor's looking pretty good. My only complaint is that he looks a little too old lol, but I can't do anything about that.

But where are the glasses D:?

ananaslexi

Post by ananaslexi » Jun 22nd, '07, 17:16

Nomanymore wrote:omg, guys look at this :wub:

XD~

Did one of the pictures not get posted? I'm confused...