Dal Ja's Spring (KBS2, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
nellymichelle

Dal Ja's Spring (KBS2, 2007)

Post by nellymichelle » Mar 8th, '07, 15:06

I heard that this k-drama is very good....I dont understand korean but would love to watch this drama with subtitle....Can anyone upload this drama torrent please????

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Mar 8th, '07, 15:16

it's already there with 12 episodes. just search for it and the soft-sub has been released until episodes 15. i really love this drama!

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Mar 8th, '07, 15:25

yes.. me too, i really love this drama..already watched it till ep 15.. this is the first dalja spring thread right? yeaah =D

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Mar 8th, '07, 15:35

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ ... popo21.gif[/img] I love how the usually misunderstands in kdrama hardly occur.

nellymichelle

Post by nellymichelle » Mar 8th, '07, 17:14

Thanks....i am downloading this drama now. I was wondering how come the file does not show the real icon. I mean i use real player to view movies and as such when i download a drama the file should hv the icon of real player, rite? now the 1st epi is showing a 'page-like' icon and when i put my cursor on the file it says that the type of the file is 'file'. How come i am facing this problem??? HELP.....

silvermug

Post by silvermug » Mar 9th, '07, 00:58

Kamui6 wrote:[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ ... popo21.gif[/img] I love how the usually misunderstands in kdrama hardly occur.
oh good heavens.. your signature image is driving me crazy. isn't won bin adorable? he's actually irresistable. *sighs*

sorry if this is off-topic. i just can't help it :-(

kstylez

Dal Jas Spring question.

Post by kstylez » Mar 9th, '07, 07:21

I recently downloaded ep 5 and 6 but it doesnt work properly. I can only hear the audio but the screen is black. Up to ep 4 it works fine. If anyone knows he solution to this problem please let me know. Im dying to continue watching Dal Jas Spring!!!!

thanks.

kidd

Post by kidd » Mar 9th, '07, 07:26

It's a codec problem on your side. This codec pack should fix it. www.cccp-project.net/

kstylez

Post by kstylez » Mar 10th, '07, 18:16

I use divx codec and up till now everything i played works. However , i did install the codec you sugessted, and it still doesn't work. Up to ep 4 it works fine.. just ep 5 and up doesn't . Isn't anyone else having this problem?

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 12th, '07, 14:56

is there a actual Dal Ja's Spring page...with pics and some info and links to the bt..
anyway i love this drama ^^ just downloaded ep 16 at www.veoh.com ^^
hope the ending is good

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Mar 13th, '07, 01:00

Dal Ja's Spring has been really impressive. The moment I watched the first episode, it got me hooked since then. The plot may seem a little too cheesy but the story was fun. I loved the funny scenes. Chae Rim did a marvellous job portraying Oh Dal-Ja. Lee Min Ki did an excellent job as Kang Tae Bong aka Dal Ja's Spare Tire. This series is SO WORTH WATCHING! Glad I didn't waste my time. :)

Bora79

Post by Bora79 » Mar 13th, '07, 14:15

where can you download directly??

SleepyTiger

Post by SleepyTiger » Mar 13th, '07, 16:30

I watched til ep9, but Dal Ja's Spring is a great drama and Chae Rim is sooooooo cute...although you shouldn't say this about a grown-up woman :lol But I can't help :lol :lol :P
What still makes me smile was when TB turned out to be the lawer he had to fake first :lol :lol .

puffin

Post by puffin » Mar 14th, '07, 19:31

I seriously adore this show(!!) why aren't more people watching it? haha
It's so hilarious and cute.

I guess the actors/actress aren't quite as popular as some of the other shows and it definately explores more mature themes, but how refreshing!

I was getting so tired of the usual love-square contract kdrama thing, so I think this show really takes a good spin on that. I really appreciate how the main characters 'love' relationships aren't always the number one focus (aka shows that have 8 episodes of the girl and guy running back and forth in indecision) instead there is a lot of character development through her relationships with friends, co-workers and family.

and yeh the Spare Tire's a cutie. ^__^

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 15th, '07, 03:26

i think a lot of people are/were watching the show (the soompi thread is really long!). maybe it's just that people here aren't as vocal about it. this is one of the only kdramas i'm watching now and it's really great. i have to say that i'm not that big of a lee min ki fan, but i absolutely love him in this show. how could you watch episode 14 and not feel something for the him? every woman in their 30s should have him as their spare tire. :lol i also think it's quite funny that Representative Eom is so engrossed in those comics. i don't know anything about the stories, but he's so funny when he gets upset or indignant about something that happens in them. he just didn't seem like the type to like comics in the first place. :-)

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Mar 15th, '07, 03:48

Finally someone creates a topic for Dal Ja's spring! I absolutely adore this show.My favorite episode is 4, I JUST LOVE the threesome scene.

Tae Bong slams the pillow on the bed and screams out nothing happened and then my favorite line:
Sae Do: are you sure? why does it hurt? and he points to his bum...hahahha...i keep replaying that scene over and over again. LOVE IT.

When Tae Bong introduced himself to Dal Ja's grandmother and mother as Dal Ja's spare tire was freaking hilarious also.

puffin

Post by puffin » Mar 15th, '07, 20:43

habukie wrote:i think a lot of people are/were watching the show (the soompi thread is really long!).
oooh that's good to know haha probably people are waiting for the subs to finish also, dang now I've got to wait :(
i have to say that i'm not that big of a lee min ki fan, but i absolutely love him in this show.
same! I kind of realized it's really his character that is so adorable. but he plays it well : )
it's quite funny that Representative Eom is so engrossed in those comics.
I totally couldn't stand him at first, he was so dull, I'm glad they made his character much more quirky - like the weird anal cleaning/meditation...
I'm kinda suspecting he might get back together with his wife, but it would be cute if he hooks up with his manga-providing secretary ^__^

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 16th, '07, 02:16

@puffin: i know what you mean, in fact, i hope Representative Eom does end up with his secretary...all speculation, of course. at first he was such a bland character, this "prince charming" that Dal Ja was attracted to b/c he seemed to be so perfect. and that weird cleaning stuff was, well, weird. but ever since he started to really be serious about Dal Ja, he's been a funnier character. it's nice to see him show some vulnerability by asking his secretary, "should i have done that? was it ok?" and it's funny that he's changed his habits around so much that his things aren't as tidy anymore.

i do agree that it is lee min ki's character that is so great. and he just does things so effortlessly, like charming Dal Ja's grandmother and mother. and being sweet to Dal Ja...:wub:

one thing that i didn't like much in the last episode i watched (ep 14):
i found it disconcerting that Soon Ae (Dal Ja's senior at work) was so nice to her husband when he showed up at his bedside. i understand that she loves him and is happy to see him well. however, my first reaction would probably have been something like: "you b******! you left me alone for weeks to take care of the family by myself. i had to work overtime to make money and exhausted myself. our baby and i nearly died, and finally you show up!" then i would have said what she said... :P

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Mar 16th, '07, 09:23

Absolutely love this show. The script is great, realistic and hilarious. :mrgreen: I'm so bored of romantic couple, dying of cancer or whatever like that.

And......Where can I buy a Spare Tire like Lee Min Ki !!!???, just name a price, I'll buy at all cost. :mrgreen:

Heartsword

Post by Heartsword » Mar 20th, '07, 06:04

I am DYING to watch this series. I wonder if this is Chae Rim's comeback since she left the Korrean drama industry for a while. I hope it gets high ratings!

LdyPixie

Post by LdyPixie » Mar 20th, '07, 06:39

I was trying to explain over in the Hana Yori Dango thread that I didn't feel that Jun and Mao had any chemistry between them. They just treated each other like good buddies. Like if they held hands I expected them to go start playing in a sandbox or something.

In Dal Ja's Spring, Chae Rim and Lee Min Ki definitely have a lot of chemistry between them. So by comparison, Jun and Mao arre like...meh, which is a shame, because in HYD, Domyoji and Tsukushi are supposed to be much much more deeply in love than I think it's ever intended for Dal Ja and Tae Bong to be.

Not to mention that Dal Ja's Spring manages to be hilarious nearly every episode while still maintaining a large degree of realism. I like the characters and the story of Dal Ja's Spring. As far as K-dramas go, a lot of people say they like Fantasy Couple even more than My Girl. Personally I think My Girl and Dal Ja's Spring are about equal, but Fantasy Couple was sooo boring. I mean, I guess it was supposed to be funny, but compared to Dal Ja's Spring, it's like a black and white silent film...

But that's just my two cents.

I want to know how Chae Rim's stylist kept her hair that bouncy....

raya

Post by raya » Mar 20th, '07, 15:13

Where can i get raws for this drama? I tried to search the torrent page but nothing came up. =(

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Mar 21st, '07, 01:59

raya wrote:Where can i get raws for this drama? I tried to search the torrent page but nothing came up. =(
Dal Ja's spring's soompi page has the raws uploaded to megaupload. ALL the episodes are up.

HQLover

Post by HQLover » Mar 24th, '07, 02:31

i really enjoy this series so far..pretty funny and for the mature audiences i guess....I love Chae Rim but i'm not sure about all the men in her life in the series though...Min Ki is starting to grow on me....

punker_animer

Post by punker_animer » Mar 24th, '07, 02:58

:wub: I LOVE DALJA"S SPARE TIRE! SAW EP.4 YESTERDAY! AS USUAL WAS HILARIOUS I THINK THIS WAS ON OF CHAE RIM'S FUNNIEST DRAMAS. AND SHE IS REALLY PRETTY!

raya

Post by raya » Mar 24th, '07, 03:08

nophankh wrote:
raya wrote:Where can i get raws for this drama? I tried to search the torrent page but nothing came up. =(
Dal Ja's spring's soompi page has the raws uploaded to megaupload. ALL the episodes are up.
Thanks!

twinkletwinkle

Post by twinkletwinkle » Mar 24th, '07, 06:59

ahhh...chae rim is back...i think she is soo pretty and this drama is really cute

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Mar 25th, '07, 10:35

yay iam currently watching this drama
so cute !! ^_^

crystalis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crystalis » Mar 29th, '07, 07:59

I'm halfway through this ^^ Loving it at the moment
This is just hilarious in a not corny and try hard way. I think it does hit something with us working gals out there :)
Love Chae Rim and Minki is just love <3 :wub:

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Apr 7th, '07, 20:28

i wish more people would watch this drama..it should be voted best kdrama 2007^^! i'm so sad it's over, saw all eps. ... ahhhh ... i will sure missing the ABBA' song ringing tone ...and dal ja's many coats and her goth nail color..hehe..

meikei

Post by meikei » Apr 8th, '07, 19:19

This drama is very cute and hilarious. Chae Rim's imagation is just too funny. I really like her and Min Ki together too. they fit well together. and her acting is great as always. I also love her clothes in the drama they were all so cute! anyways it's a great drama and more ppl should watch it.

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Apr 11th, '07, 11:53

LdyPixie wrote:I was trying to explain over in the Hana Yori Dango thread that I didn't feel that Jun and Mao had any chemistry between them. They just treated each other like good buddies. Like if they held hands I expected them to go start playing in a sandbox or something.

In Dal Ja's Spring, Chae Rim and Lee Min Ki definitely have a lot of chemistry between them. So by comparison, Jun and Mao arre like...meh, which is a shame, because in HYD, Domyoji and Tsukushi are supposed to be much much more deeply in love than I think it's ever intended for Dal Ja and Tae Bong to be.

Not to mention that Dal Ja's Spring manages to be hilarious nearly every episode while still maintaining a large degree of realism. I like the characters and the story of Dal Ja's Spring. As far as K-dramas go, a lot of people say they like Fantasy Couple even more than My Girl. Personally I think My Girl and Dal Ja's Spring are about equal, but Fantasy Couple was sooo boring. I mean, I guess it was supposed to be funny, but compared to Dal Ja's Spring, it's like a black and white silent film...

But that's just my two cents.

I want to know how Chae Rim's stylist kept her hair that bouncy....
you know what? i totally agree with you!! i can equate my love for this drama with my love for my girl!! i sooo love this drama! so far, for this year this is my favorite! i espcially love the kissing scenes!! that one that starts from the forehead!! wah!! there are many sweet moments here..i had my laughs and also my tears!! hehe :lol :wub: :thumright:

NURbahagia

Post by NURbahagia » Apr 14th, '07, 16:22

yeap. i really love this kdrama. at first i just watch da 1st epsde just bcoz of nothing, then i got hooked up after the tae-bong appears that night (being chased by men).. before that i dunno who is the hero, (i wonder; it cant be sae-do) but after the hit n run tae-bong with dal-ja, nah.. now i know.. hehe..
this drama is really fun, romantic, sweet, etc.. the soundtacks all are really good, esp sweet lover n kijokateun sarang - really sweet!.. i've downloaded them all! at e-snips
but i actually am dissapointed by the ending.. such long time before they got together, until dal-ja turns 35! so sad! i have to say i dont really like episode 21 n 22.
but i love 15th epsd- love was in the air for tae-bong n dal-ja
ah.. so good that this drama is not just like any love-triangle or complicated love story.. it's simple but.. so great! ok lol!

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 15th, '07, 20:15

I actually like this one a lot. It kind of reminds me of Sam Soon (which wasn´t that bad). I mean younger man, love contract, first guy she dated was a playboy, in the end there is 3 men well and of course Dal ja´s imagination xD So much things reminded me of Sam Soon, only the toy is missing^^ well yeah and this drama is way better than Sam Soon!!

Well It´s been 2 days and I have alredy seen ep 1-5. Man I hate that stupid extra annoying MEAN ex wife who´s making Dal Ja´s life a pain. I mean she hasn´t done anything wrong so why? T_T poor Dal Ja.

I dn´t like the music that much, just not my taste. But I like the script a lot. This show is funny. I also like the cast and chemistry between characters. Director has done good job^^ Dal Ja´s spring is currently my 2nd fav. Kdrama (nothing can beat Super Rookie!!)
Last edited by maakopla on Apr 16th, '07, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

iLOVEhyunbin

Post by iLOVEhyunbin » Apr 15th, '07, 23:19

i LOVELOVELOVE this drama !! it`s sooo :w00t: AWESOME ! i was just wondering why all the episdoes aren`t up yet or maybe it`s just me? =[ it`s sooo addictingg ! there`s not ONE single dull episode. seriously. there`s always a TWIST. likee even though yeah it may somewhat be that typical kind of storyline where there`s a love triangle & what not but this one has a different aroma to it <33 words can`t explain ! this drama is a MUST MUST MUST WATCH =] attractive characters & soothing music that makes you goo AWWWW :wub: when a cute scene appears ! aigoo love it <33

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Apr 16th, '07, 09:27

iLOVEhyunbin wrote:i LOVELOVELOVE this drama !! it`s sooo :w00t: AWESOME ! i was just wondering why all the episdoes aren`t up yet or maybe it`s just me? =[ it`s sooo addictingg ! there`s not ONE single dull episode. seriously. there`s always a TWIST. likee even though yeah it may somewhat be that typical kind of storyline where there`s a love triangle & what not but this one has a different aroma to it <33 words can`t explain ! this drama is a MUST MUST MUST WATCH =] attractive characters & soothing music that makes you goo AWWWW :wub: when a cute scene appears ! aigoo love it <33
i think all episodes wrer already uplaoded..just key in dal spring then all will just come out.. :mrgreen:

iLOVEhyunbin

Post by iLOVEhyunbin » Apr 16th, '07, 23:36

swit_thng wrote:
iLOVEhyunbin wrote:i LOVELOVELOVE this drama !! it`s sooo :w00t: AWESOME ! i was just wondering why all the episdoes aren`t up yet or maybe it`s just me? =[ it`s sooo addictingg ! there`s not ONE single dull episode. seriously. there`s always a TWIST. likee even though yeah it may somewhat be that typical kind of storyline where there`s a love triangle & what not but this one has a different aroma to it <33 words can`t explain ! this drama is a MUST MUST MUST WATCH =] attractive characters & soothing music that makes you goo AWWWW :wub: when a cute scene appears ! aigoo love it <33
i think all episodes wrer already uplaoded..just key in dal spring then all will just come out.. :mrgreen:
omg stupid me ! :blink i didn`t find it & went to soompi to download 18-22. -__- what a hassle just to download 5 episodes right? NOO JUST KIDDING ! IT`S ALL WORTH IT <333 thanks a bunch though :lol

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Apr 20th, '07, 11:42

Yeah, I agree. Dal Ja's Spring is quite similar to SamSoon, but not very similar. Dal Ja imagines weird things. Funny, though. One thing, I can't stand Eom Ki Joong's ex wife too. :cussing: She's super super scary and annoying at the same time. Gives me the creeps when I think of it. Like how she warned Dal Ja not to take her husband away. She even mocked Dal Ja and Dal Ja was dumbfounded (I was dumfounded too! simply because I thought that ex wife was a polite lady) It seems like she has split personalities =.= She can be so evil and on the other hand, she can be so 'nice' - especially when she gave Dal Ja apple pies. Freaky! Someone who hates you gives you apple pies and apologizes. Weird enough. :blink

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 20th, '07, 15:49

Eom Ki Joong is so cute when he becomes addicted to mangas. Lying in his apartment eating chocolates and reading Candy Candy xD That was so funny! Also when his ex wife came to visit. I almost died of laughter.

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Apr 21st, '07, 02:57

maakopla wrote:Eom Ki Joong is so cute when he becomes addicted to mangas. Lying in his apartment eating chocolates and reading Candy Candy xD That was so funny! Also when his ex wife came to visit. I almost died of laughter.
Agreed!
LOOL! And when he kept questioning his secretary of those mangas like how can the male character do such things to the female lead. :P

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Apr 21st, '07, 07:43

I JUST LOVEEEEEEEE THIS DRAMA hehehehehe

snowbug

Post by snowbug » Apr 21st, '07, 20:39

maakopla wrote:Eom Ki Joong is so cute when he becomes addicted to mangas. Lying in his apartment eating chocolates and reading Candy Candy xD That was so funny! Also when his ex wife came to visit. I almost died of laughter.
Yes, that was priceless!
He turned out such an awesome character in so many ways, although he seemed kind of dull at first.

That's something I love with this series, so many of the characters eventually became sooooo lovable.

asal22bar

Post by asal22bar » Apr 21st, '07, 21:38

this drama was sweet, romantic and funny i loved it specially the couple
Attachments
THEY LOOK SO CUTE I JUST LOVE THEM
THEY LOOK SO CUTE I JUST LOVE THEM
odj.jpg (25.61 KiB) Viewed 5112 times

Britneylover3

Post by Britneylover3 » May 20th, '07, 19:54

I absolutely adore this drama. It's one of the best dramas that I've ever seen. It seems very realistic and it actually teaches some real life lessons. The acting is awesome. I love Lee Min Ki, Chae Rin's performance is als very breathtaking. There was one thing in the drama that I didn't like though. The crazy, psycho ex wife of the Representative guy is so stupid and annoying. Besides that everything else is awesome.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 21st, '07, 15:51

Well at forst i was totally hooked but now.. Dunno after epi 15 I somehow got fed up with all. It seems like chemistry between main characters disappeared somewhere... and plot became boring. Well I have only 1 more episode to go so I´m happy. But I´m really dsissappoindet with the drama after all. After promising start it got so boring T_T

yolili

great story!!!

Post by yolili » May 22nd, '07, 17:53

am glad to see a thread for this super drama! :cheers:

have watched until epi. 6....1 problem though- although i selected to download epis with eng sub, the subs don't show[ up/b] when i watch them :cry: so end up watching them RAW.. n in the process guessing what's going on. can anyone please let me know what's the problem?

thanks in advance....Chae Rim is my fave actress!!! :thumleft:

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Re: great story!!!

Post by creidesca » May 22nd, '07, 18:19

yolili wrote:am glad to see a thread for this super drama! :cheers:

have watched until epi. 6....1 problem though- although i selected to download epis with eng sub, the subs don't show[ up/b] when i watch them :cry: so end up watching them RAW.. n in the process guessing what's going on. can anyone please let me know what's the problem?

thanks in advance....Chae Rim is my fave actress!!! :thumleft:

you need to dl the subtitles for the raws at the subtitles thread for the drama and make sure the file names for the video and .srt file are the same then play the video file

yolili

thanks!!!

Post by yolili » Jun 19th, '07, 16:14

thanks a heap creidesca!! will dl subs pronto....haven't logged in for some time thus only replying to u now.
thanks again.... :salut:

Li-Mei

Post by Li-Mei » Jun 19th, '07, 18:50

I liked it very much. Chae Rim was entertaining to watch, she's cute, talented, and really got into her character's heart. I felt like she portrayed Dal Ja perfectly. The only issue that I have with the cast is Min Ki. Well, he's the male lead so of course I would be hard on him.

While I was watching him, sometimes I felt like he just had a shot of botox or something. I wondered a few times whether or not he could move his eyebrows. Even in the really emotional scenes his expression didn't change much. It was like he only showed three different emotions throughout the 22 episodes; surprised, bored, happy. In one of the saddest scenes, I could see the tears starting to well up in his eyes but he just didn't prove to me that he was into the moment.

On a brighter note, I did love the music. They played them at just the right times (unlike in witch yoo hee where I soon became annoyed with what songs were played at what time because it kind of created a different and confusing atmosphere) and the music lead you into each situation nicely. I enjoyed listening to the OST and I have it in my music player.

I thought that with 22 episodes that it was going to become boring(again, like witch yoo hee where some of the middle episodes didn't contribute very well to the story), but it was just the opposite. I enjoyed watching all of it and I didn't skip through any scenes at all. Not only did they show the relationship between Dal Ja and Tae Bong, but Sae Do and Seon Joo also. I was very impressed with the crying scene that Dal Ja's unnie had, it really made me change my mind about her. Soon Ae is my favorite character in the series aside from Dal Ja.

In conclusion, it's a great drama. I would highly recommend someone to watch or buy it.

luisa

I love Dal Ja's Spring

Post by luisa » Jun 22nd, '07, 08:18

I finished all the 22 episodes! Each of them made me laugh :D I really thnk Chae Rim did so well, and Lee Min Ki did well too :D I think this is one of the best k-dramas ever, it is not so typical and it's very realistic :-)

luisa

Post by luisa » Jun 22nd, '07, 08:19

Oh yeah, and I was wondering if this drama was popular when it was broadcasted in Korea?
Does anyone knows?

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Jun 25th, '07, 17:43

VERY NICE DRAMA
BUT GET BORING IN THE LAST EPISODES
BUT WORTH WATCHING

happybi

Post by happybi » Jun 26th, '07, 01:40

I just finished this drama yesterday and I absolutely LOVED IT!!.. It was much much much better then Hello Miss and Witch Yoo Hee even though I really enjoyed those two drama too!

CR did a really good job as ODJ! She's sooooo adorable in her role and is just very convincing. LMK did a really good job protraying a 27 yrs old when he is only 22. I really really like his smile and I think they really have good chemistry in this drama. I also really enjoyed watching the supporting role as everyone just did such a wonderful job!!! :salut:

The story is definitely not like any typical Korean drama and I'm so glad I read someone review on this drama, which convinced me to watch it!!

Now I need to go find and buy the original as I want to support this drama!!! Does anyone know how if the rating was good in Korea? I can't find anything about it?????

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Jun 26th, '07, 19:14

i just finsihed watching the last episode today!!! sooo much kissing in this drama I LOVE IT!! but they really should have gotten married at the end.... BUT IT WAS REALLY GOOD! KANG TAE BONG IS SOOOO HOT!! XD :D :Di think everyone should see this... this and "My Girl" lolz.

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jun 27th, '07, 08:35

I have seen up to episode 4.. and this drama reminds me a lot of KimSamSoon in a way.

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Jun 29th, '07, 02:08

BOGCHI wrote:I have seen up to episode 4.. and this drama reminds me a lot of KimSamSoon in a way.
Haha, sure it does. It does remind me KImSamSoon somehow in first episodes. The show was bored a liiile bit but anyway, I love it overall. And I love this show that it didn't end up with a wedding (typical drama does that).

chadssi

Post by chadssi » Jun 29th, '07, 02:43

Li-Mei wrote: While I was watching him, sometimes I felt like he just had a shot of botox or something. I wondered a few times whether or not he could move his eyebrows. Even in the really emotional scenes his expression didn't change much. It was like he only showed three different emotions throughout the 22 episodes; surprised, bored, happy. In one of the saddest scenes, I could see the tears starting to well up in his eyes but he just didn't prove to me that he was into the moment.
Lee Min Ki's character is supposed to be that way because he's a lawyer. He's not a pro at expressing his emotions because he couldn't even say "saranghae" to Dal Ja although he did say it in the last episodes. Try watching "Really Really Like You" where Lee Min Ki is also the lead actor. You can see how versatile is this guy. Changing from one expression to another without hesitation. :-)

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 29th, '07, 20:31

LOVE THIS DRAMA!!!
Dal Ja's Spring easily makes it onto my "All-Time Favorite Dramas" list. (Right behind MiSa and My Girl) it was similiar to My Name is Kim Sam Soon, but I liked how they didn't portray Dal Ja as fat, ugly, and vulgar. She was just old, yet very very cute.
It also reminded me of We're Dating Now, one of Chae Rim's earlier dramas. The format was the same. Two main characters in love and two side characters (who are friends with the main characters) in love; Chae Rim as the cute and naive girl who fantasizes about love and "prince charmings" while falling in love (easily) with all the wrong guys such as playboys and married men, etc. Chae Rim's "unni" was even played by the same actress in both!
There was hardly a third-party involved, unless you count Soo-Jin who only appeared in the last few episodes, but other than her, you couldn't hate any character.
i actually loved Eom Ki Joong and his ex-wife. "Secretary Han, what kind of comic is this? How could Candy do that?? And what happened to Terry???" LMAO. and once his ex-wife got over her psycho-ness, she was so cute. Her hair looked really pretty at the end. ahhh i really hoped they would get back together.
I watched this on youtube and a lot of people wrote comments about how they were disappointed in the ending since Dal Ja and Tae Bong didn't get married. But I was very satisfied because the writer let the viewers know what happened to each of the characters in the drama, even the really minor ones like Hong Ji Hee and Tae Bong's feminine friend.
One thing I didn't understand that really bothered me was, how did Tae Bong "kill" Hee Yeon's parents? I understand their factory was going bankrupt and he was their lawyer, but why and how did they die? Will someone please explain this to me?

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jun 30th, '07, 03:09

fizzlex3mh wrote: One thing I didn't understand that really bothered me was, how did Tae Bong "kill" Hee Yeon's parents? I understand their factory was going bankrupt and he was their lawyer, but why and how did they die? Will someone please explain this to me?
Well Hee Yeon's parents died by committing suicide b/c they asked Tae Bong to save their company but he turned his back and them and said that nothing else could be done about the situation so he decided to close the case. Since they became bankrupt and probably fell in major debt, they committed suicide. That was why Tae Bong felt guilty and partially responsible for her parents' death b/c he should have tried harder to save their company, but he didnt. I felt that was a pretty weak reason for him to stop working at the law firm, but o well, i guess that's what brought him to Dal Ja.

And about Kim Sam Soon's character portrayal..i dont think her character was meant to be portrayed as fat, ugly, and vulgar...she was just supposed to represent an average woman pushing into her 30's. So she was portrayed as slightly chubby, plain-looking, and very straightforward when speaking her mind.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 30th, '07, 04:10

anhnie wrote:
fizzlex3mh wrote: One thing I didn't understand that really bothered me was, how did Tae Bong "kill" Hee Yeon's parents? I understand their factory was going bankrupt and he was their lawyer, but why and how did they die? Will someone please explain this to me?
Well Hee Yeon's parents died by committing suicide b/c they asked Tae Bong to save their company but he turned his back and them and said that nothing else could be done about the situation so he decided to close the case. Since they became bankrupt and probably fell in major debt, they committed suicide. That was why Tae Bong felt guilty and partially responsible for her parents' death b/c he should have tried harder to save their company, but he didnt. I felt that was a pretty weak reason for him to stop working at the law firm, but o well, i guess that's what brought him to Dal Ja.

And about Kim Sam Soon's character portrayal..i dont think her character was meant to be portrayed as fat, ugly, and vulgar...she was just supposed to represent an average woman pushing into her 30's. So she was portrayed as slightly chubby, plain-looking, and very straightforward when speaking her mind.
Thanks for the explanation! I get it now. About KSS, I guess people who loved the drama loved Sam Soon's character and didn't think of her as "fat, ugly, and vulgar", but that's what I thought of her and I can't help but feel that that's the reason I didn't enjoy the drama as much as I should have.

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jun 30th, '07, 06:41

fizzlex3mh wrote:
anhnie wrote:

Thanks for the explanation! I get it now. About KSS, I guess people who loved the drama loved Sam Soon's character and didn't think of her as "fat, ugly, and vulgar", but that's what I thought of her and I can't help but feel that that's the reason I didn't enjoy the drama as much as I should have.
hehe no problem, glad to help! I too, really enjoyed Dal Ja's Spring! It's very funny in a witty kind of way (loved the parodies and her random fantasies..they were just hilarious!), the love story was cute, at first i thought it was a little weird but then i felt they were really compatible later on. And i love how Dal Ja becomes more and more realistic about love b/c she was too idealistic in the beginning but then she matures. And i like it when she has those thoughts to herself about life..very inspirational. And i agree with you, all the characters are unique in their own way and you end up liking all of them...especially those that u hate in the beginning. That's what i liked most about this drama, the characters seem to all grow and mature in their own way and they all become better people. The Rep and his mangas, LMAO. and i must say, for a 33 yr old woman, Chae Rim was quite adorable, she really didnt look that old to me at all. and Tae Bong is just adorable...love his devotion to Dal Ja, so sweet! t was in my opinion, by far the best romantic comedy of 2007.

The theme of odd-age relationship in Dal Ja's Spring is similar to that of KSS and alot of its realistic aspects about love is very similar to KSS. But I would agree with you, KSS is a character you either love or you dont...For me, I loved her character b/c she's a very realistic, relatable female character who deals with stuff i think all women all thru: insecurities about weight, looks, and love. And she's such a unique herione than the usual that u see in Kdramas, i love how she speaks her mind and doesnt take anyone's crap! Sorry, i'm rambling, hehehehe...it's b/c it's my favorite romantic comedy. But i hope u still enjoyed the drama as a whole, 'cuz it's really good and funny! and hey, the 2 main guys are quite nice eye candies eh? hehehe

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jul 1st, '07, 03:19

anhnie wrote:
fizzlex3mh wrote:
One thing I didn't understand that really bothered me was, how did Tae Bong "kill" Hee Yeon's parents?
I understand their factory was going bankrupt and he was their lawyer, but why and how did they die? Will someone please explain this to me?
Well Hee Yeon's parents died by committing suicide b/c they asked Tae Bong to save their company but he turned his back and them and said that nothing else could be done about the situation so he decided to close the case.
Since they became bankrupt and probably fell in major debt, they committed suicide. That was why Tae Bong felt guilty and partially responsible for her parents' death b/c he should have tried harder to save their company, but he didnt. I felt that was a pretty weak reason for him to stop working at the law firm, but o well, i guess that's what brought him to Dal Ja.

I don't mind, but those are big spoilers.. maybe you guys should use the spoiler tag.

watched up to ep 8.. in comparison to kss, i seem to like kss more (well for now)

Poptart7

Post by Poptart7 » Jul 5th, '07, 01:49

I love this drama!!! I am currently watching this series and I think that I'm around Episode 15 now? Yea.. But I really, really like it. It's realistic and just great! I like how it covers many different aspects of life, you know? Love life, Family life, Work life, etc. And Oh Dal Ja's Spring kind of opened my mind and view of many things. I think it kind of thought me to think and look at things from different perspectives. I love this drama!!!! Love it, love it, love it!

I must say, I really, really like the scenes whenever Chae Rim and Lee Min Ki are together. I just HAD to watch this drama after I saw Really really like you. I think that I have become a big Lee Min Ki fan. :D Love him! Haha.

I have so many favorite parts and scenes from this drama! The OST and stuff are good too. So, anyone who hasn't seen Oh Dal Ja's Spring yet, I think you have to see it. :-)

brian55112

dal ja spring

Post by brian55112 » Jul 8th, '07, 03:43

artwork-10
story -7
ending -5
while i initially loved this, mid to late eps i felt things were dragging along, i found my self trying to hurry it up on ep 17.

this was similar to secret lovers, or lover in paris, overall id say a 6 or 7, the main char is a cutee, plot twists were good, but i think a viewer knows when he/she is being strung along, and this is one of them.

Poptart7

Post by Poptart7 » Jul 9th, '07, 02:52

Ok... So I finally finished Oh Dal Ja's Spring. I love it. It's probably one of those Korean TV Series that I can watch over and over again without minding much...But can someone explain the ending to me? I mean, I liked the show overall and the ending. I love the ending because it's not like a typical drama and it reveals a bit about what happens with every character but...I just feel like I'm missing something between the lead female and lead male. Am I misunderstanding something? Or missing out the point? Can someone please explain to me? It would really, really help and make me love Oh Dal Ja's Spring even more!
So in the end...Oh Dal Ja left for the USA and after a month of being there, she sent Kung Tae Bong a postcard saying something like, "It is fate....maybe??" Or something like that. Why did she do that? What did she mean by fate? I mean, they kind of left each other...I just don't understand that bit...Oh and in the end. So they have good feelings towards each other again in the ending? So how come everything suddenly seems to turn back to normal?
Please help explain to me a bit. It would be great help! Thanks!

Anyways, this is a MUST WATCH!!! I LOVE IT!!! :lol

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 9th, '07, 15:23

Poptart7 wrote:
So in the end...Oh Dal Ja left for the USA and after a month of being there, she sent Kung Tae Bong a postcard saying something like, "It is fate....maybe??" Or something like that. Why did she do that? What did she mean by fate? I mean, they kind of left each other...I just don't understand that bit...Oh and in the end. So they have good feelings towards each other again in the ending? So how come everything suddenly seems to turn back to normal?
Please help explain to me a bit. It would be great help! Thanks!
I think when she said "If it's fate...maybe", she meant that if it was their destiny to be together, then they would coincidentally meet in the future and might start dating agan. And they did. So at the end when they finally got together, the postcard was changed to "If it's fate...must be!" I don't understand why Dal Ja left for the US though, after Tae Bong told her he loved her. But, whatever.

jovi75

No seeders

Post by jovi75 » Jul 9th, '07, 15:36

I downloaded this drama but it is so slow..............nobody seeding at all? Sad but true good Samaritan aren't there............... :roll :pale:

Poptart7

Post by Poptart7 » Jul 10th, '07, 05:36

Thanks, fizzlex3mh! Your explanation gave me more sense in understanding the ending now. Thank you very much. :-) But like you said...
You said something about not really understanding why Dal Ja left even if Tae Bong did tell her that he loved her in the end right? Well I don't either, but I think that maybe it's because she wanted destiny/fate to decide what will happen I suppose? And I mean, she was leaving very soon, wasn't she? For the USA, I mean. And Tae Bong did go to the airport running around and trying to find her to ask her to marry him (like a typically Korean TV Series). But yea...whatever. I love this series anyways! :D
Thanks again! I'm going to say this again but Oh Dal Ja's Spring is a MUST WATCH for those of you out there who likes romantic comedies!!!

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Jul 10th, '07, 06:04

I've watched 20+ Kdrama's and this is my favorite. Mostly because it's a career girl oriented show and everything wasn't about her trying to get a man. The whole first half is mostly workplace drama and I loved it all. When she finally did start dating all her actions made sense and neither couple had those stupid misunderstandings that make you want to scream. Plus it was hilarious. And every single character i grew to love even if I hated them in the beginning. Since I am close to Dal Ja's age i could really relate to her more then in the typical Kdrama's i watch. It did get draggy and typical toward the end. I don't think extending it those extra 2 episodes was a good idea. But overall I hope they make more shows like this one.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Jul 10th, '07, 15:34

Poptart7 wrote:
You said something about not really understanding why Dal Ja left even if Tae Bong did tell her that he loved her in the end right? Well I don't either, but I think that maybe it's because she wanted destiny/fate to decide what will happen I suppose? And I mean, she was leaving very soon, wasn't she? For the USA, I mean. And Tae Bong did go to the airport running around and trying to find her to ask her to marry him (like a typically Korean TV Series). But yea...whatever. I love this series anyways! :D
Thanks again! I'm going to say this again but Oh Dal Ja's Spring is a MUST WATCH for those of you out there who likes romantic comedies!!!
If you're wondering as to why...
DalJa has professionalism. On New Year's, when the crew responsible for the Special Program were in a car accident, she took the responsibility of making sure the program went on as scheduled, because it was a promise to the Handa Home Shopping audience. And in the Valentine's Day incident, she again took the responsibility of making sure that chocolates were shipped to the customers who had ordered it for Valentine's.

Just take a look at the ending...the final scene has Dalja telling her co-workers to get back to work

aNaStAsIa7

Can someone please seed this series with eng subtitles

Post by aNaStAsIa7 » Jul 10th, '07, 17:39

Hi all, I am trying to download this series with eng sub titles. I can only see ep 18-22 on d addict. Can someone please seed the first 17 episdoes. How many episodes are there anyway?

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 10th, '07, 18:23

creidesca wrote: If you're wondering as to why...
DalJa has professionalism. On New Year's, when the crew responsible for the Special Program were in a car accident, she took the responsibility of making sure the program went on as scheduled, because it was a promise to the Handa Home Shopping audience. And in the Valentine's Day incident, she again took the responsibility of making sure that chocolates were shipped to the customers who had ordered it for Valentine's.

Just take a look at the ending...the final scene has Dalja telling her co-workers to get back to work
I know that Dal Ja had professionalism, but I don't see why that forced her to go to the US and leave Tae Bong behind. Didn't she decide to leave right after breaking up with him? Rep Eom accused her of "running away" and he was right. I just didn't understand why she left after Tae Bong said he loved her. At first, she wasn't sure he loved her and didn't have confidence in their relationship, but once she knew, she didn't need to run away anymore.

jolenee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jolenee » Jul 10th, '07, 18:26

yeah , that part kind of confused me too , but i just sucked it up cause they were together anyway T___T

Poptart7

Post by Poptart7 » Jul 15th, '07, 06:29

creidesca wrote:

fizzlex3mh wrote:
I know that Dal Ja had professionalism, but I don't see why that forced her to go to the US and leave Tae Bong behind. Didn't she decide to leave right after breaking up with him? Rep Eom accused her of "running away" and he was right. I just didn't understand why she left after Tae Bong said he loved her. At first, she wasn't sure he loved her and didn't have confidence in their relationship, but once she knew, she didn't need to run away anymore.
Wow. I personally find this so interesting because I totally understand and see both of your points but then, hmmm...What is the drama trying to show exactly eh? I wonder. I saw the whole series, yep, including the ending. So I kind of understand Dal Ja's professionalism thing so that's maybe why she still decided to the USA, right? She probably sees her work as a very important thing, so she decided to remain committed to her responsiblities and job and stuff. Maybe? Therefore, she had to leave her relationship with Tae Bong with fate? What do you guys think?

ivenxubi

Re: Can someone please seed this series with eng subtitles

Post by ivenxubi » Jul 18th, '07, 21:01

aNaStAsIa7 wrote:Hi all, I am trying to download this series with eng sub titles. I can only see ep 18-22 on d addict. Can someone please seed the first 17 episdoes. How many episodes are there anyway?
Because of the way some files are named, you won't find all the episodes if you search for "Dal Ja's Spring." Instead, search for "Dal Spring" and everything will show up.