Trip to Japan in the Summer

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
LeckerSchmecker

Trip to Japan in the Summer

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 17th, '07, 19:06

Hello~~

I was thinking of going to Japan over the summer holidays and wanted to ask if somebody
here is from Japan, or If anybody is going to go To Japan in July yes... Next month... or at least before school starts again ^^. (which in my case is sep. 1st)

I really wanna go and so I need to know EVERYTHING there is to know about going to Japan expecially because Im a first - timer and a Girl... :D :salut: :whistling:

Thank u all in advance

Riee109

Post by Riee109 » Jun 18th, '07, 13:19

I'm also going to Japan this summer und ich bin sogar auch noch deutsch :)
I'll be there from June 24th - August 4th, so if you need someone to show you around just write me^^

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 18th, '07, 13:24

Riee109 wrote:I'm also going to Japan this summer und ich bin sogar auch noch deutsch :)
I'll be there from June 24th - August 4th, so if you need someone to show you around just write me^^
Is ja mal über geil ^^ freut mich das kann ich meiner mom sagen ^^.

und ICH DANKE DIR für die antwort.
I'll give u my addy and If u have msn messnger we can communicate over msn. (mch better i think^^)
MorningMusumeRulez@hotmail.de <<<my addy

Freue mich imma wieda auf neue bekanntschaften :lol
thank u

Riee109

Post by Riee109 » Jun 18th, '07, 13:27

what about giving me your phone number (private message)?
If you've got time now, then I can call you!
(I don't have msn)
By the way, I've already lived in Tokyo before (10month) so maybe I can help you

Momo21

Post by Momo21 » Jun 18th, '07, 18:11

This summer I also will be in Japan. This isn't my first time. So if you have questions, feel free to ask me. ^^ I'll be there in August.
PS: Ich bin auch aus Deutschland. :D

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 18th, '07, 18:15

cool~~ i'll come back on that. ^^

maybe if u have msn we can talk there... only if u want to~~ ^^

hiaki002

Re: Trip to Japan in the Summer

Post by hiaki002 » Jun 18th, '07, 18:17

can i ask you how much does it cost you to go over there? like are you going in a hotel? cuz im thinking of going the year 2010 which is the year i graduate with my friend from highschool. i want to know so i can save up the money. thanks.

Momo21

Post by Momo21 » Jun 18th, '07, 18:21

@ LeckerSchmecker: Sure I have got MSN. Just PM me and give me your MSN add! ^^
@ hiaki002: The flight is pretty cheap this time. Normally you have to pay a lot more. But I got a good offer and a lot of luck. So my flight only costs around 800 €. This time I'll be staying in a hostel. A hostel is a good alternative to stay in Japan. Hotels are really expensive. Btw. where are you from? ^^

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 18th, '07, 18:21

hiaki002 wrote:can i ask you how much does it cost you to go over there? like are you going in a hotel? cuz im thinking of going the year 2010 which is the year i graduate with my friend from highschool. i want to know so i can save up the money. thanks.
It differs I found a flight for 700€ (don't know in $$) till about 2000€
Find the right place to book ^^

hiaki002

Post by hiaki002 » Jun 18th, '07, 20:40

LeckerSchmecker wrote:
hiaki002 wrote:can i ask you how much does it cost you to go over there? like are you going in a hotel? cuz im thinking of going the year 2010 which is the year i graduate with my friend from highschool. i want to know so i can save up the money. thanks.

how much i wonder? how old are you? are you going alone, and do you know japanese?

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 18th, '07, 20:51

hiaki002 wrote:
LeckerSchmecker wrote:

how much i wonder? how old are you? are you going alone, and do you know japanese?
im 18, if I go yeah alone~~ nobody will go wit me v.v I know some words Japanese as a language im still learning... :lol I know it sounds weird but right now thats my dream and I don't know how it will be in 2-3 years... because if I get accepted in my school of choice... I ain't getting this again.... :cry: :cry: . But its still a big ??? around it ...

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Jun 18th, '07, 21:08

you're SURE about this? cuz I heard from a (male!) friend it's REALLY hard to come around the first few days (bcz afterwards he met with his japanese friends)
and you're alone, a girl & a 'gaijin'! if you can't speak proper japanese and/or read kana (&kanji), then how are you going to explain yourself? plus you're alone, no one to rely on etc. and it's not like they know english that well, even if they do, it'll be hard to understand their pronounciation
perhaps you'll be lucky enough to meet someone who can help you & doesn't bother being stucked up with a 'gaijin'...

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 18th, '07, 21:15

If I can't go like that... through a friend I found out that there are like scholarship trips and that they sponsor u so im gonna apply for that ^^.

yousei

Post by yousei » Jun 29th, '07, 21:55

*edit*
Last edited by yousei on Jul 20th, '07, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 30th, '07, 09:46

Ich Danke dir ^^

If u have anymore tips u can add me msn messenger if u have ^^ or just write them here XD ^^

Deleted User 116446

Post by Deleted User 116446 » Jun 30th, '07, 10:04

hi.. im new here... live in sydney australia
and i will go to japan too on late october till early nov this year...
my name is erwin, yorosiku, everyone

Nonbirira

Post by Nonbirira » Jun 30th, '07, 10:27

Forget whether you can speak Japanese or not - summer in Japan is just TOO hot!! Unless you are heading to the alps (Nagano Ken) or Hokkaido! I live in Osaka, Japan and it will probably be above 30 degrees celcius everyday from now till the beginning of October. In August it is usually around 35 and very humid! Personally, I leave Japan every summer. I'm Canadian and just can't bear the heat and humidity... Sorry to sound sound pessimistic... It's a great place fall, winter and spring...but summer?!!!

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 30th, '07, 10:31

Its the same Here in Germany in summer (if its a good one we have 30-37° <.<) REALLY HOT so Japan...I could get darker EVEN darker than I am now MUHAHAHHA (let my friends get jealous) XD

Deleted User 116446

Post by Deleted User 116446 » Jun 30th, '07, 12:27

yeah, i heard the best time to visit japan are autumn or spring... (around october or around march) march better coz u will see sakuras ;)

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jun 30th, '07, 12:29

NICE~~~~ but the problem is the only time I have long Holidays is in the Summer >.< ;_;

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jul 5th, '07, 07:23

Just came back from Japan and it wasnt that hot. I did Fukuoka and Tokyo this time.
Getting around Japan isnt cheap but for foreigners, buying the JR pass outside of Japan
as well as the YOKOSO pass is the way to go..
http://www.jal.co.jp/yokosojapan/
You need to buy the pass before leaving for Japan though.

BTW, I'm a girl and I was in Roppongi stalking (dont ask) until 5am
and had no problems... =x
Japan (to me) is relatively safe if you're sensible..

Cheers^^

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Jul 5th, '07, 17:07

HEH...??? Maybe Im stupd but I REALLY don't get it

could U explain further about this YOKOSO fare pls^^
thanks in advance

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jul 7th, '07, 22:40

It is a Air Pass if you want to fly around in Japan. I never really fly in Japan unless you it was something far apart, like Tokyo-Sappro where I fly over taking the train. Otherwise if you do the standard tokyo-kyoto-Osaka then just getting a Japan rail pass, or paying single fare train tickets is the easiest way.

dochira

Post by dochira » Jul 11th, '07, 17:10

New special from JR East. From July 1 to October 31, 2007, you can purchase a 3-day JR East pass for only Y10000. This is a promo to get people to travel to northern Honshu island (Aomori, Nagano, Akita, Iwate). You must purchase the pass by Oct 1. This is NOT valid on the Tokaido or Sanyo Shinkansen lines (leaving Tokyo for Kyoto and points west).

Info: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_sp/index.html