Discuss Japanese drama series here.
japysia

[Discussion] LIFE

Post by japysia » Jun 27th, '07, 02:49

ImageImageImageImage

LIFE
Genre: School Drama
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2007-Jun-30 to 2007-Sep-??
Theme song: LIFE by Mika Nakashima

CM:

NEWS:

The second series to occupy Fuji TV's new Saturday 11:10pm drama time slot (after LIAR GAME). It will be an adaptation of Keiko Suenobu's popular
manga "LIFE," known for its realistic depiction of a high schooler being bullied.So far, the manga's 14 volumes have sold a total of 6.5 million copies.
Actress Kie Kitano will star as the protagonist, Ayumu Shiiba. This is her first lead role in a drama series on a regular broadcast network.Saki Fukuda
has been cast as the bully, Manami Anzai. Other cast members include Miki Sakai, Asaka Seto, and Miki Maya.
This drama will deal with many controversial subjects such as self mutilation, rape, suicide, bullying and manipulation.
Wikipedia- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_%28manga%29

Cast
Kitano Kii as Shiiba Ayumu
Fukuda Saki as Anzai Manami
Hosoda Yoshihiko as Sako Katsumi
Seki Megumi as Hatori Miki
Sakai Miki as Hiraoka Masako
Seto Asaka as Toda Wakae
Maya Miki as Shiiba Fumiko
Hoshii Nanase as Hirose Nodoka
Osawa Akane as Shinozuka Yuko

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jun 27th, '07, 03:05

i love the trailer! im excited for this drama because the story is intriguing and i also like to see Fukuda Saki as a villain. she's one of the best young actress even though she does not get that much attention unlike her other peers.

makino

Post by makino » Jun 27th, '07, 03:09

oh wow, i can't wait for this drama to come out. i hope the drama is just as good as the manga

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » Jun 27th, '07, 09:27

i can't wait for this drama.

The manga is soooooooo good.

Tkjdramalover

Re: [Discussion] LIFE

Post by Tkjdramalover » Jun 27th, '07, 13:44

japysia wrote:ImageImageImageImage

LIFE
Genre: School Drama
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2007-Jun-30 to 2007-Sep-??
Theme song: LIFE by Mika Nakashima

CM:

NEWS:

The second series to occupy Fuji TV's new Saturday 11:10pm drama time slot (after LIAR GAME). It will be an adaptation of Keiko Suenobu's popular
manga "LIFE," known for its realistic depiction of a high schooler being bullied.So far, the manga's 14 volumes have sold a total of 6.5 million copies.
Actress Kie Kitano will star as the protagonist, Ayumu Shiiba. This is her first lead role in a drama series on a regular broadcast network.Saki Fukuda
has been cast as the bully, Manami Anzai. Other cast members include Miki Sakai, Asaka Seto, and Miki Maya.
This drama will deal with many controversial subjects such as self mutilation, rape, suicide, bullying and manipulation.
Wikipedia- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_%28manga%29

Cast
Kitano Kii as Shiiba Ayumu
Fukuda Saki as Anzai Manami
Hosoda Yoshihiko as Sako Katsumi
Seki Megumi as Hatori Miki
Sakai Miki as Hiraoka Masako
Seto Asaka as Toda Wakae
Maya Miki as Shiiba Fumiko
Hoshii Nanase as Hirose Nodoka
Osawa Akane as Shinozuka Yuko

:wub: :goggle: :thumright: :cheers: Omg Omg Omg can't wait can't wait at all is d-addict gonna sub it?

Tkjdramalover

Post by Tkjdramalover » Jun 27th, '07, 13:45

Best manga ever now maybe best drama ever?

Sandra121289

Post by Sandra121289 » Jun 27th, '07, 17:17

i'm also very excited to see this^^
3 more days until the first episode airs^^

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jun 27th, '07, 18:53

The manga is quite scary and crazy. Even though I don't really want to watch another bullying/ijime drama again, I want to watch this.

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jun 27th, '07, 22:22

I never see the manga..and the trailer doesn't excite me...:/

Sandra121289

Post by Sandra121289 » Jun 28th, '07, 07:55

the trailer doesn't excite me too, but i'd like to see at least the first episode..
i was always interested in dramas with this plot^^

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 28th, '07, 08:03

wow sounds heavy. i've never heard of this manga but i read one that was kind of similar. if it's done the right way this could be a good drama ^^ i might have to go check out the manga now ^^

Tkjdramalover

Post by Tkjdramalover » Jun 28th, '07, 13:20

tsksquared wrote:The manga is quite scary and crazy. Even though I don't really want to watch another bullying/ijime drama again, I want to watch this.
True lol life manga was crazy and sad but still this is something i got to see! :argue:

Tkjdramalover

Post by Tkjdramalover » Jun 28th, '07, 13:20

tsksquared wrote:The manga is quite scary and crazy. Even though I don't really want to watch another bullying/ijime drama again, I want to watch this.
True lol life manga was crazy and sad but still this is something i got to see! :argue:

andre2907

Post by andre2907 » Jun 28th, '07, 14:33

I'm looking forward to this drama since I love the manga.

The site was update and there's the Episode 1 description and trailer. For some reason, I can't watch the trailer probably because it's restricted to Japan or something? Did anybody watch it and is it the same as the YouTube promo?

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jun 28th, '07, 21:26

Yeah, I think the acting is going to be very important in this drama. If you read the manga, you see some of the most twisted grins EVER. I sure hope those girls can pull it off.

Ok, I watched the trailer thing in the "Intro" page and it's the same thing from the youtube. There's some clips in "Special" section that's all about filming the drama and the a really long trailer from the scenes from the 1st episode.

kagurazaka

Post by kagurazaka » Jun 30th, '07, 12:53

awesome!! I can't wait for this dorama. hope it's gonna be subbed.
the manga is Superb, though a bit scary and sad, the storyline is good. One of the best Manga :thumright:

Cyrene

Post by Cyrene » Jul 1st, '07, 01:10

WHAT. WAS. THAT.
Shii-chan killing herself? Hiro getting teased in the FIRST EPISODE?! WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY FAVORITE MANGA SERIES? Sako hitting on the teacher in the FIRST EPISODE? I mean, I understand that it's going to be a slightly short series, but come on. The only thing that redeemed itself was the AWESOME ending, the way they actually kept some of my favorite parts of the 1st part of the manga (the tamagoyaki part), and the fact that Ayumu is freaking awesome.

The actress for Manami is right on and evil. They got the friends names wrong too, I believe. Not an Emi in sight. Boo.

That said, I will still watch it. Just...with a bit of disappointment.

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Jul 1st, '07, 18:38

lol, just watched the raws~ And since I never read the manga, I'm sorta confused about what's going on. ^^; Can someone tell me through pm or w/e where I can find the manga?

Sakuranantogay

Post by Sakuranantogay » Jul 1st, '07, 18:43

I thought it was pretty cool, or interesting, whatever.. Lot of fucked up **** going on. I've never read the manga, so I don't have anything to compare the drama with, but imo it looks promising. Some of the girls were cute too ><

pokpak

Post by pokpak » Jul 2nd, '07, 03:51

I never read manga and so I really wanna know what's going on next
could someone spoil me that :D
By the end of the first episode, will Manami die??
[/spoiler]

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jul 2nd, '07, 04:13

pokpak wrote:I never read manga and so I really wanna know what's going on next
could someone spoil me that :D
By the end of the first episode, will Manami die??
[/spoiler]
No, she is the main villain.
The manga had waaaaaay more impact on me. The drama is toned down.

kagurazaka

Post by kagurazaka » Jul 2nd, '07, 05:09

i'm totally dissapointed with this dorama. it not as dramatic as the manga, and looks plain. they change most of the story, and i really dont feel Ayumu sufferness and mental imbalance :glare:

ChouLinda

Post by ChouLinda » Jul 3rd, '07, 20:50

Oh man, I wanna see this drama sooo bad, even the raw! I saw in the special how it looked like so much was changed but still, I wanna see it!

opseudo

Post by opseudo » Jul 3rd, '07, 21:03

Great Music, Great Ending. Loved it. :)
I haven't read the manga at all - maybe that's better.
Seems to become my summer favourite.

sugiboogie

Post by sugiboogie » Jul 3rd, '07, 23:17

can someone show me a direct link to ep 1??

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » Jul 4th, '07, 03:12

I'm really curious about this show. I saw the cast on Nakai Masahiro's Bowling Show, and they look interesting. And wow, the main characters are actually of high school age.

Does anyone know who's subbing the show?

Kirali

Post by Kirali » Jul 4th, '07, 03:45

Cyrene wrote:WHAT. WAS. THAT.
Shii-chan killing herself? Hiro getting teased in the FIRST EPISODE?! WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY FAVORITE MANGA SERIES? Sako hitting on the teacher in the FIRST EPISODE? I mean, I understand that it's going to be a slightly short series, but come on. The only thing that redeemed itself was the AWESOME ending, the way they actually kept some of my favorite parts of the 1st part of the manga (the tamagoyaki part), and the fact that Ayumu is freaking awesome.

The actress for Manami is right on and evil. They got the friends names wrong too, I believe. Not an Emi in sight. Boo.

That said, I will still watch it. Just...with a bit of disappointment.
Really?! I haven't watched it yet...patiently waiting for subs XD
But ever since I heard that this was going to be made into a drama...I was so excited!!!
Love the manga <3

As long as they still make a decent show out of it...I'll be happy.

kagurazaka

Post by kagurazaka » Jul 4th, '07, 19:16

sugiboogie wrote:can someone show me a direct link to ep 1??
http://d-addicts.net/torrents/life%20ep ... vi.torrent
microsoftExcelExcel wrote:Does anyone know who's subbing the show?
S.O.S Fansubs will subbing it

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 5th, '07, 16:21

At the moment I'm reading the 3rd vol of Life. Personally I like "Confidential Confessions" by Reiko Momochi better.
Still I will watch this serie.

ChouLinda

Post by ChouLinda » Jul 6th, '07, 02:11

Keiko1981 wrote:At the moment I'm reading the 3rd vol of Life. Personally I like "Confidential Confessions" by Reiko Momochi better.
Yeah I hear a lot of people compare the two, so I really wanna read Confidential Confessions. Do you know if the manga's been released in English?

As for the LIFE drama, I finally saw a raw. As people have said, the first episode moves too fast to make an impact for me and they've changed a lot, but I really enjoyed it and I think as long as it can still hook people who HAVEN'T read the manga despite how much ground it covered from the beginning, it's a good start!

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 02:18

SOS Fansubs is subbing this. We're working on it right now...its still in the translating process so please be patient!

EIther myself or someone else (although right now it seems most likely it will be me) will upload this the minute SOS releases ^^ hope you all enjoy!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 6th, '07, 02:26

kitano kii is so cute ^^ cant wait for the subs! ganbatte!

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 02:29

Ne, thanks for subbing this. I'm really excited to see Saki as an evil charecter. She was really sweet in Jitensha Shonenki and cute in Haikei, Chichiue-sama so this is a complete 180 from everything I've seen her in.

This drama seems really intense though. :pale:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 6th, '07, 10:10

ChouLinda wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:At the moment I'm reading the 4th vol of Life. Personally I like "Confidential Confessions" by Reiko Momochi better.
Yeah I hear a lot of people compare the two, so I really wanna read Confidential Confessions. Do you know if the manga's been released in English?

As for the LIFE drama, I finally saw a raw. As people have said, the first episode moves too fast to make an impact for me and they've changed a lot, but I really enjoyed it and I think as long as it can still hook people who HAVEN'T read the manga despite how much ground it covered from the beginning, it's a good start!
Confidential Confessions has been released in English by TokyoPop.

AR_TRA

Post by AR_TRA » Jul 6th, '07, 12:49

OMG I guess it's going 2 be gr8 as the manga 'hope sooo'

will am downloading it right now & i'll see it when i finish downloading

wish someone can have softsubs 4 it :cry:

will be back 2 say what i've understood 4rom the eps01 :lol

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 6th, '07, 19:13

Wow, is this the anti-Hana Yori Dango or what. It's also pretty gripping and it's hard not to wonder how the characters are all going to turn out.

It's so interesting how it has elements of HYD, but without the wish fulfillment. You have the two kids who are children of heads of companies and who are dating. You have a girl torn between wanting to stand up for herself and wanting to fit in. It's quite a daring story.

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Jul 9th, '07, 03:44

i like the manga i'm still stuck at volume 3 though...
and i hope to watch the drama with subs soon !! ^.^

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 12th, '07, 01:33

Well by the sounds of it, its better to come into this drama as I have without reading the manga.
I may read it after the drama finishes but for now the drama is plenty sadistic enough for me. I am enjoying it though, just wish it wasnt on so late. Episode two was crazy. Is it still going really fast compared to the manga. Its unfourtunat that they have to do tha, always seem to cut out some of the best parts.

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Jul 12th, '07, 05:44

o___0 i saw the first episode well i guess they can't put some parts from the manga into the drama

namie

Post by namie » Jul 14th, '07, 16:54

Is there a website where watch the episode 3 in streaming? :goggle: I can't wait!! Please somebody help me! :cry:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 15th, '07, 02:42

I saw the 3rd episode last night! OMG these people are so psychotic I love it!!!

smaps

Post by smaps » Jul 15th, '07, 07:32

Another amazing, fantastic, psychotic, creepy, perfectly orchestrated episode... :heart:

I must admit, I really don't like manga in the least, but after this series there's no way I'm not buying the entire friggin' set. Screw Mean Girls, LIFE is where it's at. I love how Manami and her gang aren't just inherently evil - they're bitchy, sure, but it's not like they've ALWAYS hated Ayumi, and they've even defended her a few times - unlike in any other ~ijime~ drama where it Manami would be like, "I HATE YOU, ALWAYS, FOREVER, LET ME TAUNT YOU ENDLESSLY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO THE REST OF YOUR LIFE". It's a much more human/realistic portrayal considering how easy it would have been for the staff to just write Manami off as some delusional, flouncy, twisted japanese schoolgirl beast who wanted to murder everyone in her path.
God, Katsumi-kun scares the **** out of me, but at the same time... I hope he shows up even more, HAHA. He has this irresistibly creepy aura that makes me wring my hands whenever he's on screen. It's like ARASHI's Matsumoto Jun became a convicted rapist. I hate him but his character is so enigmatic that when he's in the scene you just can't look away, even though you want to (or choke him to death). AHHHHHH, and when Ayumi dropped her things and he flicked his tongue trying to look up her skirt - SO CREEPY, but just...deliciously so, in some way. Does anybody else know what I mean? Hahah.

Also love how the music is so perfected to this drama - when Manami asks Katsumi why Ayumi has been so anxious around her lately and the beat jumps when he squints his eye as he's walking away - this drama is so low budget but beautifully so. Props to this amazing Director for such fantastic shots and beautiful music sequences.
I cannot WAIT for episode 4. Keep up the good work, S.O.S., you've got a lot of other projects so no rush. :mrgreen: I think this is definitely a drama that can be easily watched and understood/engaging without subtitles, anyways. (There's not much in the way of incredibly important plot details to be missed.) That being said, I'll definitely be looking forward to future releases.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 15th, '07, 07:38

Did you just sugest MatsuJun as a rapist!!!! How could you!!!! (devoted MatsuJun fan here in case you couldnt tell ^_^)
But I agree this episode was done fantastically and I understand what you mean when you talk about Katsumi, you just cant look away, his creepy evilness drags you in

smaps

Post by smaps » Jul 15th, '07, 07:44

Yorokobi wrote:Did you just sugest MatsuJun as a rapist!!!! How could you!!!! (devoted MatsuJun fan here in case you couldnt tell ^_^)
HAHA, look, I can't help it that Katsumi-kun instantly reminded me of MatsuJun.....and then happened to become a psycho, voyeuristic sleazeball several scenes later. But hey, MJ's doing his sister in [Boku no Imouto], and...
Ayumi's mom is apparently dating Katsumi-kun's dad, so...not too far off in their character choice anyways, really. XD

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 15th, '07, 07:48

still id prefer to keep MatsuJun as unsleazy as possible in my mind ^_^

Cryštaliqùe Fáïry

Post by Cryštaliqùe Fáïry » Jul 15th, '07, 19:42

The first episode isn't subbed yet, is it?
I was tempted to watch the raw, but i wouldn't understand anything.
Anyways, the story seems interesting, so I can't wait to watch it.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 20th, '07, 23:29

So far..
I enjoyed episode 1 and 2. Its such an amazing dorama. I looked forward to something like that. (Im not a psycho tho).
But I love such complicated conflicts.
Hiro is such a snake. Since Manamis friend didnt believe Hiro, Hiro decided to show the video to Manami. Ayumu made an error. She screamed "DAME" when Manami wanted to take the camera. That made Ayumu suspicious and thats why Manami was an easy victim for Hiro.

BUT what the hell? Katsumi stabs Ayumu with a scissors in her leg and she doesnt even scream.
NOW, after episode 2, the real story begins.
I loved the plot. It was interesting.
What I dont understand, did Ayumu's friend (in the early beginning) died or not?
There was a scene where Ayumu brought her flowers.
Was it in the past which she had remembered?
Anyway, downloading episode 3 now.

How is it going with the subs?
3 weeks past and episode 1 subs are not out yet?
Are you guys ok?
Please give us the status for episode 1 otherwise some might think you dropped this dorama or you just lost the interest.

Good luck with the subs.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 22nd, '07, 02:48

episode 3 is just as good as the first two.
However I spend the whole time watching this drama getting seriously pissed off at the main girl for just taking it! Im very much a stand up and fight person so it annoys me that she doesnt. But by the looks of the preview for ep 4 shes finally gonna start a comeback i cant wait!

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 27th, '07, 01:38

Since there is no status/progress update, I'll post it (I dont want people give up on this dorama or I dont want them to think that S.O.S. dropped it).

For everyone who still is interested.

The subs for LIFE episode 1 are being edited. So hopefully they will release it soon.

LIFE
- ep. 1 being timed

source: http://www.sos-fansubs.com/ (Register to view threads there).

I hope you all didnt give up on this dorama!

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Jul 27th, '07, 17:47

:D looking forward to episode five, and the subs for episode one

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 27th, '07, 18:35

reiyuki wrote::D looking forward to episode five, and the subs for episode one
I'm afraid episode 5 won't air this week but next week 4th August 2007.
Not sure tho. I hope someone can confirm this.

Edit// Okay. NO LIFE this week.

Episode 5 will air next week 4th August 2007.

sugiboogie

Post by sugiboogie » Jul 28th, '07, 08:43

what?!
why?!

namie

Post by namie » Jul 28th, '07, 09:58

MiIiyah wrote:
reiyuki wrote::D looking forward to episode five, and the subs for episode one
I'm afraid episode 5 won't air this week but next week 4th August 2007.
Not sure tho. I hope someone can confirm this.

Edit// Okay. NO LIFE this week.

Episode 5 will air next week 4th August 2007.
WHY?????????????????????????????????? :cussing: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 28th, '07, 16:02

I dont know myself.
According to FUJI TV dorama schedule, there wont be LIFE episode 5 this week.

Sorry guys.

Also i'm a bit angry about this but we cant change that.
Lets wait one week more..

smaps

Post by smaps » Jul 28th, '07, 18:13

NONE of the dramas are airing next week (as far as I am aware) because of the political elections in Japan coming up.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 28th, '07, 21:58

smaps wrote:NONE of the dramas are airing next week (as far as I am aware) because of the political elections in Japan coming up.
Wrong. LIFE will air next week. It didnt air today.
Also all the other dorama on FUJI TV will air next week.

smaps

Post by smaps » Jul 29th, '07, 02:23

MiIiyah wrote:
smaps wrote:NONE of the dramas are airing next week (as far as I am aware) because of the political elections in Japan coming up.
That's what I meant (got the timing schedule screwed up because of the way subs for other dramas were released). Yama Onna Kabe Onna and Hanakimi weren't airing this week for the same reason; for the others, I'm not sure.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 29th, '07, 02:42

smaps wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:
That's what I meant (got the timing schedule screwed up because of the way subs for other dramas were released). Yama Onna Kabe Onna and Hanakimi weren't airing this week for the same reason; for the others, I'm not sure.
Yama Onna Kabe Onna aired this week (episode 4 - 4th week since its start)
Episode 4 torrent: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_51196.htm

Also HanaKimi aired this week (episode 4 - 4th week since its start.)
Episode 4 torrent: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_51121.htm

I really dont know the reason since its only a schedule but LIFE episode 5 didnt air this week and that was the only dorama which didnt air this week on FUJI TV.
Every other dorama except LIFE, aired this week on FUJI TV.

smaps

Post by smaps » Jul 29th, '07, 02:50

MiIiyah wrote:
smaps wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:

I really dont know the reason since its only a schedule but LIFE episode 5 didnt air this week and that was the only dorama which didnt air this week on FUJI TV.
I still maintain the reason it'd be postponed is because of upcoming elections but w/e, I'm not going to argue about it in the drama discussion. On the bright side, at least Ayumu gets a few days of rest from her ijime misadventures.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 29th, '07, 02:54

smaps wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:
smaps wrote:

I still maintain the reason it'd be postponed is because of upcoming elections but w/e, I'm not going to argue about it in the drama discussion. On the bright side, at least Ayumu gets a few days of rest from her ijime misadventures.
This might be true.
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan wont air tomorrow as well duo the elections.
I guess this is the reason why LIFE didnt air yesterday.

smaps

Post by smaps » Jul 29th, '07, 03:03

MiIiyah wrote:
smaps wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:

This might be true.
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan wont air tomorrow as well duo the elections.
I guess this is the reason why LIFE didnt air yesterday.
ou gad, papa to musume -- THAT'S what I was thinking of, hahaha. (This is why watching 10+ dramas during one season is not advisable). Sorry for the confusion! (:

meh, elections. if japan is willing to vote someone in just because they used gundam wing slogans, i think the seriousness of the entire thing has been compromised enough. air our dramas, japan! we need them to survive. :heart:

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jul 29th, '07, 05:21

Er...Life 5 was not preempted because of elections here in Japan. The elections have absolutely nothing to do with it. From 19:00 July 28th to 21:15 July 29 (Tokyo) time, a 27 hour charity telethon is being broadcast.

smaps

Post by smaps » Jul 29th, '07, 05:25

Sapporo Girl wrote:Er...Life 5 was not preempted because of elections here in Japan. The elections have absolutely nothing to do with it. From 19:00 July 28th to 21:15 July 29 (Tokyo) time, a 27 hour charity telethon is being broadcast.
Ah! Thank you for the clarification.

sugiboogie

Post by sugiboogie » Jul 29th, '07, 06:21

haha hun i was just gona come with that exact news and you took the spotlight before me!!
just kidding.
yeah everyone. 27tv is on... for the ACTUALly miserable people, not just in the dramas lol.
so lets not get angry,
i know we're all anxious
but we wealthy computer&internet owners can wait
while some of those other kids out there cant
get it?
not trying to be sappy. i swear!
enjoy summer everyone :D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 29th, '07, 10:52

ah so thats what it is? Ive been watching a little of it and wondering what the hell it is. My friend tried to explain but didnt know the words so gave up. Thank for that!

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jul 29th, '07, 11:07

sugiboogie wrote: but we wealthy computer&internet owners can wait
while some of those other kids out there cant get it?
Here. Here. We are so rich!
Yorokobi wrote: My friend tried to explain but didnt know the words so gave up. Thank for that!
Tell you friend not to feel bad. For awhile I couldn't find the appropriate words for it either. It was certainly presented a little differently from the ones broadcast in my home country.

Now...election news is underway...the results will probably be more angst-ridden than Ayumu's ijime! :D

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Jul 29th, '07, 14:51

*sigh* i was so excited to watch episode 5 too -_____-

o well, i'll just wait for 5-6 more days ^__^

sehro

Post by sehro » Aug 7th, '07, 00:31

I like ep 5 and i cant wait for ep6
ehhh Manami ._. she is sleeping with that guy...i hope he kick Katsumi's ass because i hate him :S

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Aug 8th, '07, 03:52

sehro wrote:I like ep 5 and i cant wait for ep6
ehhh Manami ._. she is sleeping with that guy...i hope he kick Katsumi's ass because i hate him :S
He will kick his ass.
Neither I dislike Katsumi nor I like him. I find him very pitful. I hope his personality will change.
Who knows, maybe he will take after the beating revenge on Mana and make evil plans with Ayumu.

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Aug 8th, '07, 04:31

Did the weird noise from the assault in episode 2 (?) return in episode five? If so, perhaps it wasn't audio distortion, but Katsumi's "scary" anthem. That boy...is... seriously... messed... up.

Does anyone else want to beat down Ayumi's mother? I despise her far more than I do any of the other characters.

reiyuki

Post by reiyuki » Aug 8th, '07, 05:00

Sapporo Girl wrote:Did the weird noise from the assault in episode 2 (?) return in episode five? If so, perhaps it wasn't audio distortion, but Katsumi's "scary" anthem. That boy...is... seriously... messed... up.

Does anyone else want to beat down Ayumi's mother? I despise her far more than I do any of the other characters.
yeah poor ayumu -____- her mother's so dense :/

sehro

Post by sehro » Aug 8th, '07, 12:22

actually sometime i feel sorry for katsumi when his dad beat him and force him to apologize
to manami :3

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 8th, '07, 12:30

sehro wrote:actually sometime i feel sorry for katsumi when his dad beat him and force him to apologize
ha nothing could make me feel sorry for a sick guy like him

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 8th, '07, 12:35

Yorokobi wrote:
sehro wrote:actually sometime i feel sorry for katsumi when his dad beat him and force him to apologize
ha nothing could make me feel sorry for a sick guy like him
But of course there's a reason behind why he's doing what he's doing.
Note; I stopped watching Life after ep 4. Thinking I might as well wait for the subs.

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Aug 9th, '07, 01:31

Yorokobi wrote: ha nothing could make me feel sorry for a sick guy like him
I think it would have been more interesting if the writers hadn't provided an "excuse" for Katsumi's behavior although I'm sure there's some relevance concerning this abuse angle, so I'll wait for it. On the whole, I find Katsumi cartoonish.

I am curious about one thing though. I wonder if he attempted to rape OTHER girls multiple times. If not, I wonder if Ayumu's innate strength draws him back to her. Just wondering...

I still despise Ayumu's mother. She's had a blatant disregard for her daughter's welfare from the very first episode.