Delightful Girl Choon-hyang (KBS2, 2005)

Discuss Korean drama series here.

How would you rate Delightful Girl Choon-hyang?

Life-Altering
25%
See it
45%
Probably shouldn't miss it
13%
Probably shouldn't miss it
13%
Only if you have time
4%
STAY AWAY
1%

Total votes: 360

LuckyCharms

Post by LuckyCharms » Jan 31st, '07, 20:48

I love this drama!!! It makes me cry a lot. And Mong ryong is hilarious. He is the best part of the show I love him. Mr. Byun is great too. He's definitely a character that I love to hate.

cafelatte

Post by cafelatte » Feb 8th, '07, 10:13

this was a drama that made me laugh and cry like My Girl did. i loved this show and also it's sound track. it was not boring. the actors and actress portrayed the roles very well. is this based from an old film because i kind of read somewhere that it is a modern day version of chung hyang? it would be interesting to watch if there is such a film set in the olden times- like the excerpts from the drama.

noinimod

Post by noinimod » Feb 15th, '07, 00:13

great show
i've watched my girl too and i feel more for delightful girl.
don't understand why some people made a big fuss out of the rape-trap being unrealistic and all, i mean it's just a show.
although there were some loose ends, it didnt really matter much to me.

iloveKJH

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 21st, '07, 12:13

im currently watching this drama and im lovin evry bits of it!!! its really funny and cute!! i love how Choon Hyang and Mong Ryong argue..lols! i just dont like the Chae Rin girl.. :glare: ohhh...i cant wait to see how Mong Ryonng falls inLuv wit Choon Hyang..

Hooray for this drama!!! :cheers:

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Mar 23rd, '07, 20:59

my girl was my the only good romantic comedy i had seen until i saw this and i thought OHMIGOD how come i didnt watch this earlier? wow, i finished this 2 weeks ago and am still obsessed with it.
i think DGCH has everything there is to love about Kdramas. romance, comedy (i almost died watching ep16), great-looking cast, adorable main couple, annoying side characters, &&&& DRAMA (pain, sadness). and it made me cry which gives it bonus points!
Last edited by fizzlex3mh on Jun 17th, '07, 01:25, edited 3 times in total.

twinkletwinkle

Post by twinkletwinkle » Mar 24th, '07, 07:08

i thought this drama was cute...and it reminds me of my girl...and they even had an appearance in the end of my girl as well..it was cute

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Apr 3rd, '07, 05:04

For better or for worse I have completed a full series review over at my site. You can find them here:

http://www.still-frames.net/goong/reviews.html

Scroll down to find the ones for Choon-hyang. This is one of my most favorite dramas and I've been dying to do reviews for the series for the longest time. I hope you guys enjoy!

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Apr 3rd, '07, 14:29

theedqueen wrote:For better or for worse I have completed a full series review over at my site. You can find them here:

http://www.still-frames.net/goong/reviews.html

Scroll down to find the ones for Choon-hyang. This is one of my most favorite dramas and I've been dying to do reviews for the series for the longest time. I hope you guys enjoy!
oh wow thank you so much! love the site. and i've been looking for kdrama avatars and banners everywhere.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 27th, '07, 14:37

After I finally managed to sit through the childish, ridiculous and unoriginal first episode, I was sitting there thinking to myself ... "What the hell am I doing watching crap like this?". As I was highlighting the files and moving them towards the recycling bin, my wife intervened and said she was enjoying it (??!!) and insisted we should continue. So I reluctantly agreed and it did turn out to be a bit better than what the first episode suggested.

Full House Clones

Most of the light-hearted series I've seen so far are essentially Full House clones. You know, guy from rich family meets poor girl, initially hate each other and are forced to marry and eventually fall madly in love. What made Full House work so well was the explosive chemistry between Rain & SHK, the fact that they're good looking and you can't help but have an affection for them. DGCH just doesn't have the aforementioned qualities. To me, there wasn't all that much spark between Jae Hee & Han Chae Young, and to make things worse, they're not exactly the most attractive couple either.

Not So Delightful Girl

Despite the fact that Choon-Hyang is such a kind-hearted and innocent girl, I couldn't for the life of me like her character. In the early episodes she was plain annoying and that country-bumpkin, 'sassy-girl' image doesn't quite suit her. Unlike SHK in Full House, HCY just wasn't very convincing at being sassy. She also needs to get off the 'celery stick and a glass of water diet' because she's frighteningly skinny. God knows how she managed to get a huge rack though, but let's not go there. As for Jae Hee....well, to be blunt, I don't like him. The first few episodes was full of outrageous over-acting. Perhaps it wasn't his fault, and it was what the director intended, but Mong-ryong didn't seem like a naive 17 year old kid at all, but rather an extremely childish adult. I guess that's the problem when you cast 25 year olds to play as high school students.

Delightful Story

Well not really. Actually, the story wasn't that good, but it was, at least, slightly more interesting than your average light-hearted k-drama. There was one part that made things very interesting and that was the little segment they had at the end of each episode. It didn't become clear until the last episode what it all meant, and I thought that part was more enjoyable than the main drama itself. With the exception of the early childish stuff, I thought the humor in this series was pretty good. Some funny moments like when Mong-ryong pretended Choon-hyang was pregnant and the parodies towards the end were very witty. Another good thing about this series was that it didn't feel as draggy as the others. Sure, the story itself drags a bit, but at least there weren't many of those moments where someone is just standing there staring at absolutely nothing for 2 minutes.

Overall

I think fans of similar shows such Sweet 18 will probably like DGCH as well since they are so much alike, but because this series is generally well received in this community and its TV ratings were quite high, I can't help but feel disappointed. 6.0 out of 10.

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jun 2nd, '07, 18:19

This Kdrama made me and laugh and cry as well. There were good times and bad times.

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Jun 16th, '07, 03:55

This drama was funny and sad. xD
I loved their expressions ^^.

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Jun 28th, '07, 03:54

this drama was SOOOOOOOOOOO good!!! i loved it!

Astral

Post by Astral » Jul 4th, '07, 18:46

I am dissapointed. I am halfway through the series and I don't think I am going to be able to finish it.

First of all, I agree with kobe23 on almost everything, especially this being a Full House clone. Also it doesn't help that you can see all the dynamics between the characters a mile away. Exactly because everything here is SO stereotypical.

I am tired of all these dramas (kdramas mostly) where we have a main couple that has to go through a lot of bickering with each other before they develop feelings. Come on, there are a lot of other ways to develop feelings without the need to be so over the top about it. Looks like scenario writers don't know any other ways which is a pity. The couple CAN have a nice chemistry going on without the actual fighting. But yeah, the male lead would have to actually be cool for once for this to work out doesn't he? Now, can anyone remember seeing a cool male lead in a KDrama? I certainly can't.

Another annoying plot device every KDrama (almost every drama to be precise) has to utilize is that if the series is longer than 6 episodes, you can bet you last dollar that the main couple will definately get together at some point, then find another partner on side and date or try to date them for a while before always coming back together. Some dramas use that several times during the run. What is so interesing about love triangles and sqares if you are 100% sure who gets who in the end? It is interesting the first time around, OK the second time, and after that it is simply boring.
Now this can be done in an interesting way, but in the Delightful Girl it so textbook, you know everything that is going to happen between them from the very first episode.

A few other minor gripes I have about this series (and some others too) is that they are behaving so inoccent in the dramas. Come on, the pretty girl is 20 years old and she never kissed? She lived with a guy more than a year under the same roof and remaind a virgin? (although looking at the lead you can understand why) The lead starts dating with a side character, does it for quite some time and doesn't do anything pyisical at all? Come on, you can hardly find a virgin after 16 y/o in the real world, while in dramas they are always so pure you can make anyone a saint right away. After watching a few of those dramas it really starts to annoy me.
Whenever the drama actually does have something like this it is either accentuated very little or gets thrown into another extreme where the sex or prostitution is the prime focus of the series. Can't we have a series about the normal live relationships for once?

Well, getting back to Delightful Girl...
While it was OK at the beginnig (if you can overlook stupid overacting) it gradually became worse towards the middle. The main reason of course is the main character who acts stupid and childish all the time. The problem as I said before is that most of the KDrama main male characters are like that. Well, it is supposed to be done for comedy I guess, and it is quite funny sometimes, but when it gets too over the top it becomes childish and stupid instead of funny and charming. And that happens quite a lot in the DGCY.
Even if you see someone cool and interesting like the entertainment compnay president he quickly gets either degraded to another spineles character like it was done here, or the girl simply dumps him after a while to get back to her childish boy main lead (like it was done here as well).

I am a man, so I watched through the beginning because I really liked the lead actress. But even her good performance and cute face can't save a drama that bad. Well, not really bad but more like too generic to keep me watching it. I guess if you see something like that for the first time it is enjoyable. But if you have seen any 2 other KDramas there is no point in watching this one.

Now, a lot of you are going to disagree with me and I respect your opinion. But seeing as how this series is targeted toward females together with the fact that most of the people giving good reviews to DGCY ARE females it's popularity is quite understandable.

mermaiidsis

Post by mermaiidsis » Jul 8th, '07, 09:10

ngawwww i loved this drama hahaha

will always be my number 1

mayette31

Post by mayette31 » Aug 6th, '07, 03:30

I had so much fun watching this drama. It's the only one that my husband watched with me (all 17 episodes!) and he hates dramas! This will always have a sentimental value to me.

I think Jae Hee and HCY are fantastic actors! So many facial expressions! I laughed and cried all throughout. Don't miss this drama! =)

This is a 10 in my book. =)

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 6th, '07, 05:23

mayette31 wrote:I had so much fun watching this drama. It's the only one that my husband watched with me (all 17 episodes!) and he hates dramas! This will always have a sentimental value to me.

I think Jae Hee and HCY are fantastic actors! So many facial expressions! I laughed and cried all throughout. Don't miss this drama! =)
Your man watched it with you?? haha, you're blessed ~my friend only smiles and and says bye-bye, when I ask him to watch with me @-@

It tool me a while to watch DGCH....around 1 year after I came to d-addicts ^-^ don't know the reason, why it took so long :scratch:
well, but I'm happy I found and watched it finally :mrgreen:
Don't like the whole part with this mawang-guy* Aigooo - I'm not that old and can't remember a name now :scratch: *. Don't like his facial expressions later on...
But I loooove the father from JH and JH himself and HYC ^-^

And after watching I liked it more than Full House :whistling:

mayette31

Post by mayette31 » Aug 7th, '07, 03:37

littledraci - hahaha... i guess i'm lucky. =) i didn't have to force my husband to watch it. he just sat beside me and watched. =)

me too! it took me a while to watch it. and i definitely agree that it's better than full house.

the ost is great as well. if you want to listen to it, you can sign up with imeem.com and then search for delightful girl playlist. =)

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 7th, '07, 05:12

Yeah, the OST is really great!! There are probably only 2 or 3 tracks I don't like ^-^ *have the OST already from asianosts and I'm a member @ imeem, too, but thanks anyway for the hint :lol *

Oy, but it's rare to find someone who put something over Full House*don't know why* :roll

Did your husband start to watch other series after this or was this a just-once-in-a-lifetime-thing? :scratch:

mayette31

Post by mayette31 » Aug 9th, '07, 12:07

Well, since he's going to live with me for the rest of his life, I guess it won't be a once-in-a-lifetime thing. =) The truth is, he has watched several dramas with me already but the only one he finished was DGCH.

For me, DGCH is better than Full House. But I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy watching Full House. =)

I'm glad you liked the DGCH OST as well. I play it before I sleep. I'm positively addicted. =)

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 9th, '07, 12:36

mayette31 wrote:Well, since he's going to live with me for the rest of his life, I guess it won't be a once-in-a-lifetime thing. =) The truth is, he has watched several dramas with me already but the only one he finished was DGCH.

For me, DGCH is better than Full House. But I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy watching Full House. =)

I'm glad you liked the DGCH OST as well. I play it before I sleep. I'm positively addicted. =)
Haha, that's true, he can't escape anymore :lol

mayette31

Post by mayette31 » Aug 11th, '07, 04:29

hey, littledraci! =) you're watching DGCH again? hehe... me too! it's one drama that i can watch over and over again... =)

eirammm

Post by eirammm » Aug 13th, '07, 00:27

first episode didn't really catch my attention.. it's sooo OVER ACTING..lol.. but han chae young was there..... (at that time i knew her because she starred in autumn tale as the child swapped with Song Hye Gyo.... i really thought she is a good actress) then after they got married, everything starts to get interesting.. it's SOO GODDARN HILARIOUS... jae hee is soo funny.... he and chae young make the cutest couple ever... lol... i can't stop from watching after that.... and it did have a good ending... i was really satisfied.. mostly drama's endings suck like big time. i bought the dvd of it and i always share it with my friends... and they ended up liking it too... lol.. i watched it too for like many times and it never fails to make me laugh... laughing out loud like i've seen it for the first time..LOL

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 13th, '07, 06:42

mayette31 wrote:hey, littledraci! =) you're watching DGCH again? hehe... me too! it's one drama that i can watch over and over again... =)
:D yeah mayette31, made a DGCH-session this weekend :lol was a long time since I watched it the last time...oh my.... I'm in love :lol

I thought, I would be skipping some scenes but I ended up watching every single episode through the end :lol
And that soundtrack!! :music: Damn, I love theses songs!!

eirammm, nice to hear you changed your opinion after the first episode :D End the ending, yesss, one of the best :cheers: He's stil running for her :mrgreen: :wub:

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Sep 23rd, '07, 06:52

Man, last night i finished the series and was totally amazed. Although the first 2 or 3 episodes were like a sweet "teen-school comedy", the rest until episode 15 was ultimately depressing. Still i loved the show. I have no regrets, and this show will stay as a memory with me for the rest of my life. The couple was just cute, but it was really a pain seeing them separated, reunited and again separated; and this happened in a time span of more than 10 years; if this happened to me, i would've lose my mind. The OST was really really good, but it is hard to find the individiual albums of these artists on the OST. Anybody got a clue where to get them?

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 29th, '07, 19:57

I like the 2nd half of this series, when Moon Ryong is mature...first time I watched this series I wanna give up to continue because it's so boring, but I forced to continue to watch ..and, the 2nd half of this series is interesting. Han Chae Young is so pretty!

pist

Post by pist » Oct 31st, '07, 12:31

i just finished watching the series in 2 days >.> im a guy too lol and i think im pretty straight :p

yea loved it too bits, the story was alrite i guess but kinda weak at some points but the way the characters interacted and the chemistry between them was wat kept me watching it

XD <3 Chae Young sigggghhh i want a girlfriend thats a money grubber ^^

saby

Post by saby » Jan 21st, '08, 17:19

i prefer this than full house tooo
but honestly I LOVE CEO more than Moon Ryong.. ceo is soo damn cute not that moon ryong isnt , its just that there is something on ceo that makes me like him

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jan 31st, '08, 08:07

only found Izi's album with their song from Delighful girl ^-^...
It's really hard to find something about the artists, well at least I got Izi's album ... nd now... only because of this I'm going to watch a best of 8) :mrgreen:

nathaly4u7

Post by nathaly4u7 » Jul 20th, '08, 17:59

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this drama
Is the best!
I like all
the soundtrack is the best!

xanseviera_94

Post by xanseviera_94 » Aug 21st, '08, 10:50

I've download all the soundtrack...
Love it so much..

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » Aug 21st, '08, 14:15

Hihi :D i love this drama too,
im a guy D:
its frustrating to see them split up,get together,split up,get together for a few times,
but the ending was awesome!
Very cute/Lively & have its own funny comedy points.
unlike some of the above posters =x
i actually enjoyed the teen-love-comedy part in the first few episodes.
kinda cute.

also like Ep16 ending where moon yong searched her cupboard and saw the sketchbook.. was really heart warming

Btw,anyone know the song name(if there is any)
of music that comes in when there is a "Funny/exciting/turning point?)
Starts with like.. "No no yea yea" or something near there D:

xanseviera_94

Post by xanseviera_94 » Aug 21st, '08, 14:19

Owh, that song??
Its 'Jayoo Rowa', and the singer is Jinny..
If i'm not mistaken..

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » Aug 21st, '08, 14:59

xanseviera_94

Post by xanseviera_94 » Aug 21st, '08, 15:02

most welcome

damyoungji

Post by damyoungji » Aug 23rd, '08, 21:54

=) It is the most recent Korean drama I have watched and I loved it.

The story is pretty good, and I love the humor included in the drama ^^

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 25th, '08, 17:39

kobe23 wrote:Image

After I finally managed to sit through the childish, ridiculous and unoriginal first episode, I was sitting there thinking to myself ... "What the hell am I doing watching crap like this?". As I was highlighting the files and moving them towards the recycling bin, my wife intervened and said she was enjoying it (??!!) and insisted we should continue. So I reluctantly agreed and it did turn out to be a bit better than what the first episode suggested.

Full House Clones

Most of the light-hearted series I've seen so far are essentially Full House clones. You know, guy from rich family meets poor girl, initially hate each other and are forced to marry and eventually fall madly in love. What made Full House work so well was the explosive chemistry between Rain & SHK, the fact that they're good looking and you can't help but have an affection for them. DGCH just doesn't have the aforementioned qualities. To me, there wasn't all that much spark between Jae Hee & Han Chae Young, and to make things worse, they're not exactly the most attractive couple either.

Not So Delightful Girl

Despite the fact that Choon-Hyang is such a kind-hearted and innocent girl, I couldn't for the life of me like her character. In the early episodes she was plain annoying and that country-bumpkin, 'sassy-girl' image doesn't quite suit her. Unlike SHK in Full House, HCY just wasn't very convincing at being sassy. She also needs to get off the 'celery stick and a glass of water diet' because she's frighteningly skinny. God knows how she managed to get a huge rack though, but let's not go there. As for Jae Hee....well, to be blunt, I don't like him. The first few episodes was full of outrageous over-acting. Perhaps it wasn't his fault, and it was what the director intended, but Mong-ryong didn't seem like a naive 17 year old kid at all, but rather an extremely childish adult. I guess that's the problem when you cast 25 year olds to play as high school students.

Delightful Story

Well not really. Actually, the story wasn't that good, but it was, at least, slightly more interesting than your average light-hearted k-drama. There was one part that made things very interesting and that was the little segment they had at the end of each episode. It didn't become clear until the last episode what it all meant, and I thought that part was more enjoyable than the main drama itself. With the exception of the early childish stuff, I thought the humor in this series was pretty good. Some funny moments like when Mong-ryong pretended Choon-hyang was pregnant and the parodies towards the end were very witty. Another good thing about this series was that it didn't feel as draggy as the others. Sure, the story itself drags a bit, but at least there weren't many of those moments where someone is just standing there staring at absolutely nothing for 2 minutes.

Overall

I think fans of similar shows such Sweet 18 will probably like DGCH as well since they are so much alike, but because this series is generally well received in this community and its TV ratings were quite high, I can't help but feel disappointed. 6.0 out of 10.
The person who wrote the above, I have a question for you. When and what was the last time that you watched Kdramas? DGCH actually is one of the first dramas that created the contract storyline (Full House or Attic Cat is probably the first) and after that My Girl and other dramas. Though they all seem to have the same starting point, the journey to the end is what we Kdrama fans love to watch. True the first episode had too much overacting, but after that the whole ride was fun to watch. Jae Hee was the main reason why I kept watching the drama. He doesn't need cheesy lines to deliver his message, you can pretty much see his emotions just by looking at him and his eyes. Getting back to comparing it with other dramas, My Girl's storyline would beat this drama overall, but without a starting point, My Girl wouldn't even exist. I believe the Hong Sisters figured out which aspects Kdrama lovers enjoyed and hated the most in their stories and kept improving on them for their next scripts.

Overall, when I watched this drama when it first came out on D-addicts, it totally drove me crazy when it took 2+ weeks for the next subs to come out. Be happy that you're able to watch the entire drama straight without much anticipation for the next episode. Plus comparing it with newer dramas like it is unfair without looking at the chronology of how Kdramas came to be. Aahh, whatever guess everyone just has their own opinion. I know it's hard not to compare dramas with each other, but please try watching a drama without biases and enjoy it for what it is. I would rate this drama 9/10 for its time, but considering better dramas came out after, it became a 8.5/10. Plus, if you watch this before My Girl, you'll appreciate the ending for My Girl more FYI. :lol

l7ghia

Post by l7ghia » Aug 26th, '08, 08:09

My bad if anyone already asked and answered this, but does anyone know what movie that is on the big screen when Han Chae Young is ice skating (Episode 6)?

mina_daddicts

Post by mina_daddicts » Oct 1st, '08, 07:56

This is my first post at this forum, and I'm happy to make it about DGCH! I've watched the drama once and today I decided to watch it again after watching My Girl. I've watched My Girl twice and never got to finish it. So I finally watched the whole thing and I thought, that drama wasn't as good as DGCH. DGCH is the only drama that I haven't fast forwarded through, even if I watched it for the second time since Full House. I agree, I get tired of watching all these Asian dramas that have contract marriages or relationships because they are copying FH but DGCH isn't a contract relationship drama. It's true that they did have a 'contract paper' about what they should do throughout their marriage but unlike FH, it isn't just a secret agreement between themselves, but their parents even know about it. All in all, I loved this drama and it's one of my favourite dramas alongside Stairway To Heaven, Goong and Full House!

Oh, BTW - l7ghia - the movie on the big screen in Ep. 6 was the scene between Keira Knightley and another actor in the movie Love Actually. Nice movie. I think that movie is popular among some Koreans; just a guess.

l7ghia

Post by l7ghia » Oct 8th, '08, 01:32

mina_daddicts wrote: Oh, BTW - l7ghia - the movie on the big screen in Ep. 6 was the scene between Keira Knightley and another actor in the movie Love Actually. Nice movie. I think that movie is popular among some Koreans; just a guess.
Thanks! :cheers:

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Oct 23rd, '08, 22:22

Finished watching last night...
LOVED Myong Ryong and watching his evolution from thoughtless smart-ass punk to thoughtful smart-ass prosecutor. :lol I especially liked that he didn't go totally respectable & still had some of the same attitude as when he was in high school. Just about the time I was ready to smack him for wavering back & forth between Choon-Hyang and Chae Rin, he did actually think things though seriously and make up his mind for good.

Choon-Hyang herself didn't do much for me either way; I didn't hate her but I also didn't especially like her most of the time. She was WAY too nice to Ahjusshi (can't remember the guy's name) even after she found out that he'd taken the note that Myong Ryong left asking her to meet him (I would have never wanted to see the jerk again after he pulled something like that). If she'd just blasted him then, she would have gotten her happy ending years earlier (but then the drama would have ended long before 17 episodes, so they couldn't do that...).

Chae Rin's changes of heart didn't bother me much. She got a double shock, being dumped by the boyfriend plus finding out that her "pet" Myong Ryong was actually marrying another girl, and went a little crazy for a while. For purposes of the plot, she had to go far enough to do something illegal (stealing the jewelry designs) so that when Ahjusshi did something illegal, she couldn't speak out against him. For purposes of a 'happy all around' ending, she had to come to her senses and go back to being Myong Ryong's noona.

Ahjusshi irritated the bejeezus out of me. It took him HOW many YEARS to figure out that making the person you love miserable is a damn poor way to show your love?!?! (Also doesn't make sense that he "couldn't find" CH for all those years, yet once he saw her at the wedding it took him what, 1-2 days to find her? What's up with that??) If in fact he is forever fated to love and never be loved by CH then I have a little sympathy for him...but not much. And I had to snicker every time they mentioned his company name; Dodo just fit a little too well. :roll

Choon-Hyang's mother's complete disappearance was indeed odd. I don't think she's even mentioned after the incident where she ran off with someone's money. I have to wonder if something about the whole situation was lost in the Korean --> English translation.

I think maybe the two moms were supposed to contrast to Choon-Hyang. Compared to CH's mom (unsteady nightclub singer who first lost her daughter's money to a scam and later ran off with someone else's money) and MR's mom (overly obsessed with status and respectability and what other people will think), CH is practical, hardworking, independent, etc. (Also an idiot in some ways, but that's kind of beside the point.)

Some things about this show that really got on my nerves were the "he/she is crying, let's show it from 5 different angles" and "oh look, they JUST missed each other AGAIN because they both happened to look away at the wrong moment..." It also irritates me when the audience is deliberately misled as they did here with repeatedly showing CH and MR falling off the building before you actually find out what happens. Showing it once would be ok for "building suspense/tension" but they showed it SO many times!!

I've seen My Girl also, and it shares some of the same irritating points. I don't remember the "show the tears from 5 angles" as much, but My Girl is MUCH worse with the "JUST missed each other AGAIN" stuff. My Girl also misleads the audience at one point, just after the time skip when the cousin is asking the main guy (sorry, names escape me) if he's "going home early again to play with the baby" but since they show you right away that it's not HIS baby, it didn't bug me as much.

The cameo bit at the end of My Girl is pure fan service. There's no way that CH is really supposed to be the "lost cousin"; they do say the lost cousin's name in My Girl and it is NOT "Choon-Hyang". Also CH's dad died when she was young and her mom's always been her mom; if she was really supposed to be the lost cousin then surely she'd be able to remember being in an earthquake & being adopted (the lost cousin wasn't THAT young when it happened).
Whew...
Not decided yet on whether to keep this one & rewatch it or not. Some parts are hilarious, some parts are touching, and some...are highly irritating... :lol

Alein

Post by Alein » Dec 7th, '08, 10:19

Please, help me.
Somebody tell me the song name that students sing at school wedding ceremony in the end of 2nd episode.

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Dec 8th, '08, 19:38

boring. . . after the first 3 eps. Watched the whole thing and in the end, it turned out just like another recreation of goong. :glare:

mina_daddicts

Post by mina_daddicts » Dec 9th, '08, 10:54

I just want to say that Goong came after DGCH, so it's sorta different...

I want to know the song that the students sang at the wedding too! It's so beautiful!

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Jan 20th, '09, 08:46

Channel U is broadcasting now!Hope is good!

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Feb 15th, '09, 16:41

I finished watching the drama today~~

Like the interaction scenes between Chun Hyang & Meng Ryong. The fights/bicker/smart ass comments are :wub: I like the episodes when Meng Ryong was staying at Chun Hyang's house ^_^ They show their interaction - acts like a couple. Not like Summer Scent.... :crazy: I also like how MR's attitude didn't change with the passing of time frame. Yes, he has matured ... but certain part of his personality will not change ... and this is what make him Meng Ryong.

President Byun was totally irritating. A president who has nothing better to do and be obsessive. The only fleeting time i like him was when he turned CH around and told her not to look at the kiss between MR & CR.

It turned draggy (just like with other kdramas out there) when Byun set MR up. Ohh, those episodes ... :goggle: For the sake of the leads, I continue watching. The parodies of Winter Sonata, I'm sorry I love you and Full House are funny. haha.

Oh yeah, Dan Hee & Ji Hyuk were cute too. So is Joo Ho.

With each passing episode, I have come to appreciate Han Chae Young's beauty.

retsnom_Adedekutsu

Post by retsnom_Adedekutsu » Feb 16th, '09, 07:14

ParadiseLost wrote:boring. . . after the first 3 eps. Watched the whole thing and in the end, it turned out just like another recreation of goong. :glare:
Delightful Girl Choon-hyang came before Goong!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 16th, '09, 08:59

ParadiseLost wrote:boring. . . after the first 3 eps. Watched the whole thing and in the end, it turned out just like another recreation of goong. :glare:
No, DLGCH came way before Goong. And even then, Goong (drama) still sucked.

retsnom_Adedekutsu

Post by retsnom_Adedekutsu » Feb 16th, '09, 11:01

garnet07 wrote:
No, DLGCH came way before Goong. And even then, Goong (drama) still sucked.
Word.

No offense to Goong fans but in my opinion, Delightful Girl Choon Hyang is better than Goong (I'm talking about the drama.)

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Feb 16th, '09, 11:34

As others have said above, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang came out almost a full year before Goong. In addition to DGCH having much better chemistry between the two leads, it's also better overall. I think DGCH is one of the more underrated popular dramas on here. Everyone seems to like Full House, My Girl, or even Goong more.

retsnom_Adedekutsu

Post by retsnom_Adedekutsu » Feb 16th, '09, 11:47

I agree that Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang is underrated.

I personally think My Girl is better than Delightful Girl Choon Hyang... but Goong better than DGCH? Nah.

retsnom_Adedekutsu

Post by retsnom_Adedekutsu » Feb 21st, '09, 01:01

Sorry for asking but... where can I download the complete episode 5 of Choon-hyang? Because what I downloaded from the complete batch (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_33516_0.htm) is incomplete

sistergirl

Re: Delightful Girl Choon-hyang (KBS2, 2005)

Post by sistergirl » Apr 1st, '09, 04:36

this drama is funny and sad.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Apr 19th, '09, 03:15

I loved this drama. It has one of my favorite soundtracks, too. *sigh* Recently a lot of the Korean dramas have become a tad bit boring to me since the plot and direction of the shows are too predictable. :(

absolute_so

Post by absolute_so » May 16th, '09, 09:46

I love this Drama, always make me laugh and almost makes me cry.

I give 9 out of 10