[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 5th, '07, 15:02

Thanks for uploading the ending theme! After watching it, I have some reservations, described below:

THAT'S who they casted as the reporter?! I liked the reporter in the TW version better. I thought the reporter was cute hawt in that one. The reporter here just looks like a goofball. :(

Now I understand why the girls here are complaining about the casting of the doctor (male nurse?) in the JP version. We guys have similar complaints about the casting of the reporter!
evil_zai wrote:anyway, if i were to compare this to anything, i would compare it to the tw version, and i say this version is better overall. the authenticity of the japanese culture which was missing in the tw vers is there, and that makes the flow of the story smoother.
That's not the most retarded thing I've read this week, but it's up there in the top five. It makes more sense for the Taiwanese version to NOT incorporate Japanese culture. It did, after all, TAKE PLACE IN TAIWAN. :glare: No way does should this be an impact on story flow, unless your a Japanophile. :lol

ladysaotome

Post by ladysaotome » Jul 5th, '07, 15:18

Deedlith wrote:The HUGE dissapointment however is Hara Akira, WHY DID THEY CHANGE HIM INTO A GIRL! It spoils all the fun damn it.

I'm thinking they merged his character with KK (Kinuko Karasuma). It makes sense if you think about it - but it would have been cool if they'd kept him a man.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 15:34

lsqB wrote:Neeko, to answer your question, the scriptwriter is the same one who wrote Densha Otoko.
That really explains alot.
There is alot of stuff I don't like about this version , like the character changes and the casting , but I'll continue to watch it. =o

I also wish there was a diffrent op and en song. I'm not really a fan of Otsuka Ai.

I do think it will improve as it goes on though , at least I hope it does. I loved Densha Otoko , so I have FAITH!

Still for me , I still love the TW version better. Kinda glad there is a second season. Wuzun > Oguri. Plus Jiro Wang owns all.
XiaoPauli wrote:
evil_zai wrote:anyway, if i were to compare this to anything, i would compare it to the tw version, and i say this version is better overall. the authenticity of the japanese culture which was missing in the tw vers is there, and that makes the flow of the story smoother.
That's not the most retarded thing I've read this week, but it's up there in the top five. It makes more sense for the Taiwanese version to NOT incorporate Japanese culture. It did, after all, TAKE PLACE IN TAIWAN. :glare: No way does should this be an impact on story flow, unless your a Japanophile. :lol
That wow... It wouldn't make sense to make it all japanese culture in a Taiwan based drama. That's up in my top 5 today of most ill-thought of comments on the net today.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 15:41

Neeko wrote:
It seems like the directors are trying to capture the Hana Yori Dango fame. I couldn't help notice how much they tried to pawn off this entire episode like HYD.
HYD was good but yes I agree that Hana Kimi has a much better storyline and that they shouldve stuck to it.
However:
-Rui in HYD was awesome
-Shun did good as Sano
-Toma was cool

sidenote: at the beginning of the ep, when they showed the characters walking to the school through the hoard of fangirls, i started chanting "F4! F4! F4! F4!" :lol

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 15:44

Ruby Hedges wrote:I thought the first Ep was only OK and I totally agree with the comment that it was adding elements to be more like Hana Yori Dango.
Like the boys all having to go through that throng of screaming girls to get to school to show that they were hottest boys on the planet. Stupid and very Hana Yori Dango (which it was appropriate for) with the bitchy girls squad. The thing that was interesting at being at an all boys school is that there weren't girls around there was only Mizuki and when girls came to the school in the manga it was a special day. Girls were kind of mysterious- meeting them, getting a girlfriend, them giving the boys chocolates ect and that element was more interesting than the screaming girls throwing themselves at the boys
oh yes, very good point.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 15:46

biniBningPunkista wrote:whaaa....!!! i got to watch the episode 1 ;) im so excited to watch episode 2 now. hahahaha.... all the hot boys! ack....!!!

about the story line:

it was really off!!! why did they start the whole thing with the marathon? and it wasn't like that in the manga. and the characters, i was expecting the doctor to be so HOTHOTHOT but he wasn't like that. and what the heck is the woman principal doing there? there was no woman principal in the manga. *sigh* the story line was so frustrating... ack!!!!

butbutbut.... im not really complaining about the story line. its just that its really off. haha... i know they have their own version, but anyways... i really enjoyed the episode. i really love the hot boys!!! hahahah....!!!
umeda in the manga was so hilariously aweesome~

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 15:46

nanikore wrote: sidenote: at the beginning of the ep, when they showed the characters walking to the school through the hoard of fangirls, i started chanting "F4! F4! F4! F4!" :lol
hahahaa lolz i dont know why so many people think the fangirl part was exaggerated .. that's how japanese fangirls are anyways... they go crazy for good looking men :lol

nanikore

Re: Comparison: Taiwan vs. Japanese Version of Hana KImi Par

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 15:50

shinigama09 wrote:Firstly, this is my comparison of the Taiwan version and so far Japanese version of Hana Kimi.

Characters- in the Taiwan drama seems to be flat because a character seems only like the "cute" one or the "silly one". Ella was the cute one and Jiro was the silly one. There wasn't enough character development. The characters in the Japanese drama to me seems better because it shows different emotion evoking from the main lead, Horikata. The director took more time to make the characters more abstract. In one scene, she cuts her hair as great symbolism than just a school crush fling. It also shows Ikuta's more serious side than his simple goofy Jiro.

Entertainment- So far, the Taiwan drama is much more amusing because Ella's facial expression amuses the audience and the constant teasing from Wu Chun makes the watchers feels excited for and anticipate for. It also includes many unrealistic comical aspects. So far, the Japanese seems a bit more mundane because it had not involve too many emotions of the characters.

Acting- Of course, the acting in the Japanese version is better for it realistic perspective. Ella's facial expression were very cute, but it wasn't realistic. Horikata also did not try to act cute, but try to be a boy even though she's girl. I didn't however find Wu Chun's acting a little more exciting then Oguri Shun's. Ikuta's acting is better than Jiro Wang because he showed differents aspects of the charater (mad,sympathetic,caring, etc.)

Appearance:
-Character- I think Horikata is much prettier than Ella even though she is exceptionally cute. However, Ella looks more like a boy than Horikata. Of course, Japan is famous for pretty boys. Oguri Shun has the better body because of is long torso and legs while Wu Chun is a tad too muscular for my taste. Wu Chun's face is just so cute and handsome though. Ikuta was not my cuppa tea. JIro Wang was better looking. Plus, Oguri and Ikuta look sorta too tan. Maybe because I like paler guys.
-Setting- THe Taiwan set seems sorta smaller because of the narrow hallways and the close together rooms. It seems bare and naked because there weren't that many students at the school except for a total of like 7. The campus in the Japanese Drama seems huge with so...many students and huge dorms with two floors. By taste, I though the Taiwan set was prettier.
-Outfits- I like the Japanese clothing a bit better. It was a bit exaggerated with the cape, but it added more color to the drama. It made it easier to differentiate characters like the fangirls, cape people, karate fighters, etc. The Taiwan version was generally the same but probably more practical and realistic.
as much as i like wu zun... i couldnt help but laugh at his acting at some parts :unsure:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 15:50

I've just re-watched it , trying not to think about the Manga or the TW version and it's alot better when you think it's just a newly written random show. =<

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 5th, '07, 15:52

nanikore wrote:
Nomanymore wrote: Again I feel the big difference betwwen the TW & this one.. I dun't hav intention to compare, just that I find this vers deeper, the characters are more 'human' & 'real' :)
i agree.
I agreee too. But if anything, I feel like it's going to get silly-err.
I mean, come on, the previews :D.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 15:57

wat3rm3lon wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:Something tell me that Mizuki's brother part will be cut off too.... -__-
Ohkay that sucks.
I'm guessing there planning to finish the entire manga in 12 episodes then?
GAH WHAT WILL I DO IF I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANY MORE HANA KIMI.

OH yeah.
The main website is like intensly updated.
They even have a new picture thing.
SInce when did they have a birthday party in the manga :D.

i dont think theyll go to america either and visit mizuki's family. her dad in the first episode didnt seem the same as her dad in the manga (who was goofy).

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 15:58

Ladymercury wrote:
shinigama09 wrote:Firstly, this is my comparison of the Taiwan version and so far Japanese version of Hana Kimi.

Characters- in the Taiwan drama seems to be flat because a character seems only like the "cute" one or the "silly one". Ella was the cute one and Jiro was the silly one. There wasn't enough character development. The characters in the Japanese drama to me seems better because it shows different emotion evoking from the main lead, Horikata. The director took more time to make the characters more abstract. In one scene, she cuts her hair as great symbolism than just a school crush fling. It also shows Ikuta's more serious side than his simple goofy Jiro.

Entertainment- So far, the Taiwan drama is much more amusing because Ella's facial expression amuses the audience and the constant teasing from Wu Chun makes the watchers feels excited for and anticipate for. It also includes many unrealistic comical aspects. So far, the Japanese seems a bit more mundane because it had not involve too many emotions of the characters.

Acting- Of course, the acting in the Japanese version is better for it realistic perspective. Ella's facial expression were very cute, but it wasn't realistic. Horikata also did not try to act cute, but try to be a boy even though she's girl. I didn't however find Wu Chun's acting a little more exciting then Oguri Shun's. Ikuta's acting is better than Jiro Wang because he showed differents aspects of the charater (mad,sympathetic,caring, etc.)

Appearance:
-Character- I think Horikata is much prettier than Ella even though she is exceptionally cute. However, Ella looks more like a boy than Horikata. Of course, Japan is famous for pretty boys. Oguri Shun has the better body because of is long torso and legs while Wu Chun is a tad too muscular for my taste. Wu Chun's face is just so cute and handsome though. Ikuta was not my cuppa tea. JIro Wang was better looking. Plus, Oguri and Ikuta look sorta too tan. Maybe because I like paler guys.
-Setting- THe Taiwan set seems sorta smaller because of the narrow hallways and the close together rooms. It seems bare and naked because there weren't that many students at the school except for a total of like 7. The campus in the Japanese Drama seems huge with so...many students and huge dorms with two floors. By taste, I though the Taiwan set was prettier.
-Outfits- I like the Japanese clothing a bit better. It was a bit exaggerated with the cape, but it added more color to the drama. It made it easier to differentiate characters like the fangirls, cape people, karate fighters, etc. The Taiwan version was generally the same but probably more practical and realistic.
Well, I understood the capes... They were a drama club and... being over the top emphasized their desire of drama. Also, to make the group completely whacked out.

Personally Mizuki looks too much like Haruhi from Ouran. Like, if this was an Ouran live action, she would be the perfect Haruhi. Again, I have not really read Hana Kimi nor seen the Taiwanese drama, but the vibe I get from her is more Haruhi than anything. Maybe she can seperate herself a bit and flesh into someone else before it seems like I'm watching Ouran High School Host Club, except without the host club.
oh hey i didtn notice that. they should make an ouran live action~ with maki~

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 16:00

I'm dying to see what makes Nakatsu nose bleeds XD dun't tell me..... Mizuki as a gurl ?? lol
and I thought he only goes for a G or I cups ones LOL
Actually I wonder if the unamous kiss between Sano & Nakatsu will be in next eps too... ^^;
well , it's not the one I'm waiting for to be honest!! I want the kissing monster all the way kakaka XD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 16:00

wat3rm3lon wrote: I feel like it's going to get silly-err.
I mean, come on, the previews :D.
same here.... lol i re-watched the ending part soo many times... just love the ending video..
and the preview.... cant wait.. come on tuesday come faster!!!!! :crazy: :crazy:
also i cant wait til the hard-subs are out!! BON keep it going!! :cheers:

THE KISSS, my most wanted scene!!!, and i'm sure he'll find out that she's a girl on the next episode... :lol I really cant wait!!!!

i really need to get a life! XD

10 Clovers

Post by 10 Clovers » Jul 5th, '07, 16:02

Hmm, how about the comments comparing the JPN and TW version go down a bit until at least more episodes of the Japanese one comes out?

Also, I realize people have different taste in dramas. So when one says that one drama is better than the other, it could sound offensive. I don't know, just mark which drama you like with "in my opinion". I know I get annoyed when people say one is better in general when I think it's not. People can like whichever one they want. Also, even if it was made out of order from the manga, it makes it more exciting and you can see a different view of it. It just depends on how the future episodes will go.

Also, there's going to be some bias on both sides. From one side, when I told my friend I liked the Japanese one better, she got annoyed cause she really liked the Taiwanese one. Even though she hasn't seen the Japanese version yet. But even if she did, I don't think she would change her mind anyways since she never really saw Japanese dramas and she prefers Taiwanese ones. Japanese and Taiwanese dramas are really different, there's a different feel with both of them. Sometimes people base their decision with what they can understand (and they don't need subs), what's familiar to them, what genre they like, what they like to see and etc.
Last edited by 10 Clovers on Jul 5th, '07, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 16:03

lunargen wrote: ps: i think the others here dont know yet, but the subs are already out, but its not by BON fansubs, it's by arashi@vox. i think most haven't seen that it was posted here earlier since this thread has been moving lightning fast. XD *imagine 20+ pages in a day @.@ *
its so crazy. i check back after less than a day has passed and theres like over 10 new pages wth. but i suppose thats a great thing thne. :cheers:

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 5th, '07, 16:04

Ladymercury wrote:
nanikore wrote:
Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:does anyone have only ending theme video

it is so cOol I want it XD :wub:
yea! the ending sequence is so cooL!

You ask and I give :) :salut:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/waghyl

There ya go, the ending.
thanx alot :cheers:

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 16:13

Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:
nanikore wrote:
it is so cOol I want it XD :wub:

There ya go, the ending.

wow thanks!!! i love the ending part!!! ♥♥♥♥

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 16:16

I wonder why many here complain.
Who the fukc cares if something is not like in the MANGA.
MANGA IS MANGA, DORAMA IS DORAMA.
Based on a MANGA doesnt automatically means that the whole DORAMA is now like the MANGA.
Wouldnt it be boring if you knew EVERYTHING?
Honestly?
Thats why it is called "BASED". HanaKimi is CONNECTED to the MANGA.

I didnt watch the TW version because I didnt like the cast.
I think the japanese HanaKimi cast is hot.
Shun, Yamapi(who actually is very cute!), Toma, etc.
Sure I cant compare and to be honest I dont want to compare this dorama neither with the TW version nor with the Manga.
Thats why I never read Mangas.
You expect too much after you had read a Manga.
I love HanaKimi how it is.

The ENDING song by Otsuka Ai just fits.
Its summerish~ and funny~ and have a lil rockish~ touch.
So it fits.
Depends on you if you like her or not.
Last edited by Manatsu on Jul 5th, '07, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 16:18

Do u mean Toma ? the one who plays Nakatsu ?! ^__^ yea he's cute, I want to see him thinking that he's gay lol

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Jul 5th, '07, 16:21

♥♥♥♥ the ENDING IS LOVE ♥♥♥♥

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I like it when shun clap his hand with flower in his mouth XD

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 16:23

Nomanymore wrote:Do u mean Toma ? the one who plays Nakatsu ?! ^__^ yea he's cute, I want to see him thinking that he's gay lol
Yes lol. Sorry

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 16:23

Nomanymore wrote:Do u mean Toma ? the one who plays Nakatsu ?! ^__^ yea he's cute, I want to see him thinking that he's gay lol
lol i know.. that reminds me of the TW episode when Jiro was like

"he's a disgrace to us bisexuas." he said something like that!! soooooooo cute!! XD

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 16:25

kozumifan wrote:
lol i know.. that reminds me of the TW episode when Jiro was like

"he's a disgrace to us bisexuas." he said something like that!! soooooooo cute!! XD
Lol yeah , hahaha , I remember that ep. :D

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 16:28

Lol Toma even looks gayish in the ending.

But soo hot >_<..
Maybe I find him hot because he looks gay.. mmh.. D:

shinigama09

Post by shinigama09 » Jul 5th, '07, 16:37

I agree with you, I just made a very long comparison of the Taiwan and Japanese version of Hana Kimi and occasionally the manga. True, the story have many differences, but I think down to the core, the plot is relatively the same and message was clear to the audience. I like the dramas and mangas for its individual positives, but it' true that it is part of one basket, but in separate compartments. Not any is better than the other, it depends on personal. taste and opinion. Just my personal opinion ^^.

O:! I will definitely continue supporting Hana Kimi, the manga, the jdrama, and tdrama. I admit it was something that I didn't care much for , but it grew on me and now I'm addicted. Confession: There are some parts where I just like to look at Oguri Shun than concentrate on the plot but nonetheless it is a entertaining dramas.

Jdramas, Kdramas, and Tdramas are all really good in their own way. A person may prefer on over the other.

This is my second time leaving a comment on a forum.
<3 Crunchyroll.com
Attachments
bj_yeh_360.jpg
bj_yeh_360.jpg (88.07 KiB) Viewed 3909 times

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 5th, '07, 16:54

kozumifan wrote:
Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:

There ya go, the ending.

wow thanks!!! i love the ending part!!! ♥♥♥♥
OHHH. Thanks so much! :D.

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Jul 5th, '07, 16:55

10 Clovers wrote:Hmm, how about the comments comparing the JPN and TW version go down a bit until at least more episodes of the Japanese one comes out?

Also, I realize people have different taste in dramas. So when one says that one drama is better than the other, it could sound offensive. I don't know, just mark which drama you like with "in my opinion". I know I get annoyed when people say one is better in general when I think it's not. People can like whichever one they want. Also, even if it was made out of order from the manga, it makes it more exciting and you can see a different view of it. It just depends on how the future episodes will go.

Also, there's going to be some bias on both sides. From one side, when I told my friend I liked the Japanese one better, she got annoyed cause she really liked the Taiwanese one. Even though she hasn't seen the Japanese version yet. But even if she did, I don't think she would change her mind anyways since she never really saw Japanese dramas and she prefers Taiwanese ones. Japanese and Taiwanese dramas are really different, there's a different feel with both of them. Sometimes people base their decision with what they can understand (and they don't need subs), what's familiar to them, what genre they like, what they like to see and etc.
good post! :thumright:

there's really no point in comparing... enjoy all dramas as they are.. :)

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 17:04

MiIiyah wrote:Lol Toma even looks gayish in the ending.

But soo hot >_<..
Maybe I find him hot because he looks gay.. mmh.. D:
Lol , it's going to be interesting , I can't wait til he starts to think he's gay XD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 17:24

Archaenon wrote: Lol , it's going to be interesting , I can't wait til he starts to think he's gay XD
lol i think that part and the kiss are the most awaited scenes in the drama!! XD

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 5th, '07, 17:24

ManweVaire wrote:
10 Clovers wrote:Hmm, how about the comments comparing the JPN and TW version go down a bit until at least more episodes of the Japanese one comes out?

Umm...we do that, something bad happens. Allow me to explain:

Right now, we are all posting in something called a discussion board. I myself agree that while some of these comparisons are a bit far-reaching, they do constitute innocent discussion regardless.

Now suppose there was no point in having such comparisons. Then we would be denying this kind of discussion in a discussion board. That would mean that we would have to take out the word discussion out of discussion board.

What we end up with is just a board. But a board with no discussion would make us very bored.

Let them have these comparisons. They're innocent fun anyway that doesn't do any threadjacking, since it does relate to the thread's subject matter.
Last edited by XiaoPauli on Jul 5th, '07, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Jul 5th, '07, 17:27

It's far to early to judge which version of Hana Kimi is better. We only saw episode 1 of the JPN version. For me, I love the taiwanese version of Hana kimi because it was funny. It could make you laugh. I can already say that one thing the TW version has over the JPN version is background information. If you compare the first episode from each version, the TW version gives you more of a story, it allows you to know more about Rei Xi, our protagonist. In the JNP version, we don't get a much of a story about Maki. But again, this is only the first episode.

To be honest, if the yJPN version was just like the TW version I would be reluntant to watch it, because I could jut watch the TW version for that matter. I like the serious tone that the JPN version gives us. But if the JPN version follows anything along the lines of the TW version, I'm going to love the development of Sano as the stroy goes on.

I don't like judging dramas by which is better because no two dramas are meant to be the same. If people like the TW version better, good for them. If they like the JPN version better, great. But don't bash one just because you're baised towards another. The actors from both versions work very hard to please the audience.

I'll say this now, I'll like this version as much as the TW version. I can see it already. XD

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 5th, '07, 17:37

I really think that they're going to try and finish the 23 volumes in 12 episodes.
I think they're doing rather good so far, considering they get about 45 minutes.
And the Taiwanese version gets like an hour and 15.

Either way. I love Hana Kimi.

OH BY THE WAY.
Nomanymore.

This is your site, right?
http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/

I really like it :D.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 17:39

all i have to say is that i like both 8) 8) i dont see the point making comparisons so..

the ending video is soooo funny...

:lol :lol :wub: :wub:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 17:52

Tatsuri wrote:It's far to early to judge which version of Hana Kimi is better. We only saw episode 1 of the JPN version. For me, I love the taiwanese version of Hana kimi because it was funny. It could make you laugh. I can already say that one thing the TW version has over the JPN version is background information. If you compare the first episode from each version, the TW version gives you more of a story, it allows you to know more about Rei Xi, our protagonist. In the JNP version, we don't get a much of a story about Maki. But again, this is only the first episode.

To be honest, if the yJPN version was just like the TW version I would be reluntant to watch it, because I could jut watch the TW version for that matter. I like the serious tone that the JPN version gives us. But if the JPN version follows anything along the lines of the TW version, I'm going to love the development of Sano as the stroy goes on.

I don't like judging dramas by which is better because no two dramas are meant to be the same. If people like the TW version better, good for them. If they like the JPN version better, great. But don't bash one just because you're baised towards another. The actors from both versions work very hard to please the audience.

I'll say this now, I'll like this version as much as the TW version. I can see it already. XD
I totally agree with you :cheers:

unknowndevices

Post by unknowndevices » Jul 5th, '07, 18:28

so any team or anyone is subbing this drama...:roll
come and share with us...don't just keep it for yourself...PEACE... :thumright:

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 18:33

unknowndevices wrote:so any team or anyone is subbing this drama...:roll
come and share with us...don't just keep it for yourself...PEACE... :thumright:
BON fansubs!! :cheers:

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 18:46

Douzo for those who are interested.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_50358.htm

miyu1990

Post by miyu1990 » Jul 5th, '07, 18:50

MiIiyah wrote:I wonder why many here complain.
Who the fukc cares if something is not like in the MANGA.
MANGA IS MANGA, DORAMA IS DORAMA.
Based on a MANGA doesnt automatically means that the whole DORAMA is now like the MANGA.
Wouldnt it be boring if you knew EVERYTHING?
Honestly?
Thats why it is called "BASED". HanaKimi is CONNECTED to the MANGA.

I didnt watch the TW version because I didnt like the cast.
I think the japanese HanaKimi cast is hot.
Sure I cant compare and to be honest I dont want to compare this dorama neither with the TW version nor with the Manga.
Thats why I never read Mangas.
You expect too much after you had read a Manga.
I love HanaKimi how it is.

The ENDING song by Otsuka Ai just fits.
Its summerish~ and funny~ and have a lil rockish~ touch.
So it fits.
Depends on you if you like her or not.

I agree with u :thumleft:

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 18:56

XiaoPauli wrote:
ManweVaire wrote:

Umm...we do that, something bad happens. Allow me to explain:

Right now, we are all posting in something called a discussion board. I myself agree that while some of these comparisons are a bit far-reaching, they do constitute innocent discussion regardless.

Now suppose there was no point in having such comparisons. Then we would be denying this kind of discussion in a discussion board. That would mean that we would have to take out the word discussion out of discussion board.

What we end up with is just a board. But a board with no discussion would make us very bored.

Let them have these comparisons. They're innocent fun anyway that doesn't do any threadjacking, since it does relate to the thread's subject matter.

Yes. This is a discussion thread about HanaKimi.
ABOUT, HANAKIMI.
Not about which dorama was made better.
You should discuss about the dorama ..
Comparing is ok but not again and again.. until this thread reach his 100th page.

edit// I dont want to steal everyones fun here but I personally think it is just lame. Also annoying to read everytime this comparison.
I suppose at the TW-HanaKimi thread there wasnt such stuff.. eh.. so lucky these ones who posted there.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 19:01

wat3rm3lon wrote:I really think that they're going to try and finish the 23 volumes in 12 episodes.
I think they're doing rather good so far, considering they get about 45 minutes.
And the Taiwanese version gets like an hour and 15.

Either way. I love Hana Kimi.

OH BY THE WAY.
Nomanymore.

This is your site, right?
http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/

I really like it :D.
ah I was hoping they'd make 2 seasons XD akak just more Maki x Shun & Toma cuteness LoL

yup it's mine :) glad that u like it.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 19:03

At any rate , people are going to continue to compare them wether or not the both of you continue to argue the validity of both your points of view. Just drop it and ignore it if you don't like it.

And I can safely say this didn't happen much in the TW thread because , obviously at the time there wasn't a jp version.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 19:07

Archaenon wrote:At any rate , people are going to continue to compare them wether or not the both of you continue to argue the validity of both your points of view. Just drop it and ignore it if you don't like it.

And I can safely say this didn't happen much in the TW thread because , obviously at the time there wasn't a jp version.
Its not that I dont like it.
I find it a bit annoying.
Also how can I ignore something what is written almost on every page?
I'm interested what people think about this dorama also I'm looking forward to discuss with them.
Dont you think its a bit unfair towards these people who didnt watch the TW-version and looking forward to discuss about the JP-version?

Ebbie28

Post by Ebbie28 » Jul 5th, '07, 19:08

I got to say iam loveing it.. Can;t wait for more..

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 5th, '07, 19:11

How I wish I never watched the Japanese version of HanaKimi...
The acting is bland to say the least. Since I didn't expect much, I can let that go. Then, there is the dark and enclosed set. Just watching it made me want to scream "GIVE ME MY SUNSHINE!" And the worst of it all, I'm traumatized by the underdeveloped Japanese muscle. I wanted to wash my eyes with soap. Gosh! Put on some clothes. I don't want to see no talking skeletons. :crazy:

To get rid of the disgusted feeling, I rewatched Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu. And my gosh, the sight of Wu Chun and Jiro Wang did wonders.
Last edited by Kumaxell on Jul 5th, '07, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 19:12

MiIiyah wrote: Dont you think its a bit unfair towards these people who didnt watch the TW-version and looking forward to discuss about the JP-version?
yeah i agree with you.. people who hasnt watched the TW might think it sucks because all of the things said earlier.. and they are here to discuss the jp drama :|

will this go on and on??

so let's talk about the jp drama :-)

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 19:14

MiIiyah wrote:
Archaenon wrote:At any rate , people are going to continue to compare them wether or not the both of you continue to argue the validity of both your points of view. Just drop it and ignore it if you don't like it.

Its not that I dont like it.
I find it a bit annoying.
Also how can I ignore something what is written almost on every page?
I'm interested what people think about this dorama also I'm looking forward to discuss with them.
Dont you think its a bit unfair towards these people who didnt watch the TW-version and looking forward to discuss about the JP-version?
I will agree it's a bit annoying. I compared them alot , because I am biased twoards the TW version , I'm just pretty good at skipping entire posts or just not generally commenting on them over and over again.

It might be a bit unfair but people are always going to compare , and the people who are interested in the JP version should just ignore it , and speak what's on thier mind about the JP version . I wouldn't be concerned personally about something I've never seen before.
If anything it sparks intrest in watching the TW version , which can't hurt. Then they can make thier own comparisions.

As the show goes on , since it's only the first ep , I'm sure the winds will shift. Myself I plan to watch the rest of the series.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 19:18

Heh okay.
I decided to watch the TW-version after I had finished watching the JP-version.
Although I dont like TW-comedies.. I prefer TW-love/drama stories (CRAZY4U, THANK YOU,etc.)

Anway, sorry if I was rude. I didnt mean to.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 19:21

MiIiyah wrote:Heh okay.
I decided to watch the TW-version after I had finished watching the JP-version.
Although I dont like TW-comedies.. I prefer TW-love/drama stories (CRAZY4U, THANK YOU,etc.)

Anway, sorry if I was rude. I didnt mean to.
No problem. If anyone sounded rude , I thought it was me.
As for the TW drama , I haven't seen many sadly. I have been wanting to watch Queens and Thank You , and can't find them to where the download completes. I am in the middle of watching KO One though. ( More Jiro Wang action :p ) . I prefer Korean and American dramas overall , but I try to watch as many that spark my intrest as I can.

At any rate , from the preview , next tuesdays ep of HK should be ammusing , seems like they are condensing the chapters a bit fast , but yeah.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 19:27

American doramas? Such stuff exists? =O

But o well. There are enough seeders for THANK YOU so you can complete all.

Yeah, next episode.. kiss szene!
A way too fast but I cant wait for <3 maybe they added some extra new stuff in the other episodes!
Nakatsu is a fun char there. I like his appearance.
You know how many episodes HanaKimi have? 11 ?

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 19:32

Archaenon wrote: As for the TW drama , I haven't seen many sadly. I have been wanting to watch Queens and Thank You , and can't find them to where the download completes. I am in the middle of watching KO One though. ( More Jiro Wang action :p ) . I prefer Korean and American dramas overall , but I try to watch as many that spark my intrest as I can.
i've seen some and i love them all!!
it started with a kiss
MARS
devil beside you
meteor garden
why why love
love contract
tokyo juliet
hana kimi!

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 5th, '07, 19:32

MiIiyah wrote:American doramas? Such stuff exists? =O

A way too fast but I cant wait for <3 maybe they added some extra new stuff in the other episodes!
12 episodes~

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 19:36

Well , when I mean American , I mean like : HEROS , House M.D. , Monk , Nip/Tuck , ROME , The Sapranos , 24 . Ones that have extensive storylines over many seasons.

It's 12 , there might be a special though , if it does well.
My favorite character is Nakatsu , I'm not big on them turning him into a evil person , but I guess it's alright.

Ruler of Takamagahara

Post by Ruler of Takamagahara » Jul 5th, '07, 19:38

Wrong forum

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 19:47

Archaenon wrote:

Well , when I mean American , I mean like : HEROS , House M.D. , Monk , Nip/Tuck , ROME , The Sapranos , 24 . Ones that have extensive storylines over many seasons.

My favorite character is Nakatsu , I'm not big on them turning him into a evil person , but I guess it's alright.
Ooo I know MONK!
It is fkin funny : D
The detective is just so.. funny! >D

I think there wont be a SP.
If everyone will know that Maki is a girl in the end, why should they make a SP.
I dont even know how the storyline should be there.

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » Jul 5th, '07, 19:58

Kumaxell wrote:How I wish I never watched the Japanese version of HanaKimi...
The acting is bland to say the least. Since I didn't expect much, I can let that go. Then, there is the dark and enclosed set. Just watching it made me want to scream "GIVE ME MY SUNSHINE!" And the worst of it all, I'm traumatized by the underdeveloped Japanese muscle. I wanted to wash my eyes with soap. Gosh! Put on some clothes. I don't want to see no talking skeletons. :crazy:

To get rid of the disgusted feeling, I rewatched Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu. And my gosh, the sight of Wu Chun and Jiro Wang did wonders.
I agree. Don't let the others put you down either. I was never a big HanaKimi fan cuz' the story was too unbelievable, probably why I liked the TW one. It took that and ran with it. Ran very far with :lol I think you have to be a fan of the male actors to watch this. And considering Toma totally has a hook nose...it makes it pretty hard. Plus like the first scene had Nakasu touching Mizuki chest...WTF? :scratch: :scratch: I'll watch it like I watched it for originally==AI OTSUKA NEW SINGLE :wub: I skipped to the end just to hear the song and get it over with.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 20:08

haha u say that the story is unbelievable & so u're a fan of TW vers ? I think that vers is even more unbelievable than this one !!
For the " I think you have to be a fan of the male actors to watch this. " , bah I might be the exception then :p cuz I'm fan of Maki ! She's talent & proved that her Mizuki is really convincing.
Attention, I dun't compare to Ella! Even though u say she's talent, I must say Mizuki in the comic is definitely not like the Mizuki she portrayed!
I know there're bunch of tw fans here ready to bash over this vers, again , just stick to ur tw vers then !!
We dun't need to know which is better! well at least in my case, I dun't care even a bit! as long as I enjoy the drama! That's it.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 20:18

Hahah Toma really has a strange nose.. but beautiful eyes.
Also I dont think that the japanese are very skinny there.
They dont have the XXL muscles what looks better but they do have sum.
But thats just me.
Also I watch it because of the cast.
Maki is really great.
She was good in Seito Shokun! and Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 20:27

MiIiyah wrote: Maki is really great.
She was good in Seito Shokun! and Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi.
and nobuta wo produce, kurosagi.. xD

maki is aweosome! best actress i've known
and toma's the cutest thing ever... his eyes are love!!!
they may not have XXL bodies like wu zun and the others..and im sorry to say this... but Shun's acting skills are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY better than Wu Zun

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 21:00

MiIiyah wrote:
Archaenon wrote:

Ooo I know MONK!
It is fkin funny : D
The detective is just so.. funny! >D

I think there wont be a SP.
If everyone will know that Maki is a girl in the end, why should they make a SP.
I dont even know how the storyline should be there.
Lol , monk is funny XDDD

Anyways , I have a feeling they will make a special , they probaly will. I don't know what the story will be either , not unless they don't make it to them finding out. Who knows.

We'll have to wait and see.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 5th, '07, 21:01

I was just thinking I should say something good about this show. Shun was pretty good as the brooding Sano. His aura exudes, "Leave me alone. Or, I'll obliterate the pitiful little self-confidence that you may have." I can see Mizuki has a tough fight before her.

As for Maki, I love her in Nobuta. But if she were anything like in Kurosagi, I'll trash this show. So I'm holding off my judgement until I see more.

10 Clovers

Post by 10 Clovers » Jul 5th, '07, 21:13

Kumaxell wrote:
As for Maki, I love her in Nobuta. But if she were anything like in Kurosagi, I'll trash this show. So I'm holding off my judgement until I see more.
Well most of these people in this drama are ACTUAL actors/actresses, so they should be able to convey the character.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 21:22

10 Clovers wrote:
Kumaxell wrote:
Well most of these people in this drama are ACTUAL actors/actresses, so they should be able to convey the character.
I couldn't get past the first ep of Kurosagi so I won't nark on her acting skills. I just don't think she's all that beliveable. That's like my only gripe. I randomly watched ep 3 , still was bored so I gave up on it.

And being a actor or not , I've seen some from both sides of the track , some singers are better than actors. It just depends on the role and the effort they put in.

yaya*

Post by yaya* » Jul 5th, '07, 21:32

hey! its maki's first on screen kiss right??

gujjugal

Post by gujjugal » Jul 5th, '07, 21:35

just saw the 1st episode
and im totallyyyyy hooked
=)
this is toooo cute! haha

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 21:47

yaya* wrote:hey! its maki's first on screen kiss right??
yup yup :roll

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jul 5th, '07, 21:48

I've just finished to watch.:D

It's really good!!
:wub: :wub: :wub:

yaya*

Post by yaya* » Jul 5th, '07, 21:50

so lucky! i wish oguri shun was my first kiss..heheee...cant wait for the next episode!!!

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 5th, '07, 22:02

I watched first Eps & it was really good but I'm exciting to watch Eps 2 cuz there is a kiss scene.. :mrgreen:

BlueMidnightBaroque

Post by BlueMidnightBaroque » Jul 5th, '07, 22:10

I want him to know shes a girl already, I mean he should have, cuz in the manga when she passes out he goues to carry her & feels her chest by accident, but it didnt happen in this awesome first ep, think the writers wants us to be going crazy to know wats gonna happen in hte 2nd, 3rd, 4th in all the rest of the series....It was great, I think maki did a better job then ella(I like ella) but maki is way cuter in this role, we all know ella is a tomboy in real life so I wasnt as surprised that she played a guy in a drama, So far I like th twdrama better becuz it followed the manga I have to c more of japversion but I love more the characters for the j-version, wow I wrote alot..lols :P

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 5th, '07, 22:30

MiIiyah wrote: I think the japanese HanaKimi cast is hot.
uhmm... i don't think yamapi is in hanakimi...

lunas

Post by lunas » Jul 5th, '07, 22:30

I think he already know she's a girl.
From the piggy back.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 5th, '07, 22:35

OMG! Ep 1 and already pg 80?! I just checked out the last 4-5 pgs. Sounds like there was a few battles on jp vs tw Hana Kimi

Ep 1 was nice. I like jp version a little more. I always felt that the tw version was a bit over the top in terms of overacting. I'm fine with suspending disbelief, I have problem with those who act like they are acting...

The bit about the girls school was not in the manga, was it? I don't recall reading that at all did I miss an entire arc? :scratch: Feels more like a Hanadan plot element...

Meekolli

Post by Meekolli » Jul 5th, '07, 22:35

I loved the first episode, despite the fact I never really liked the manga although I read it. Although I think Shun is great, I love Toma since he's playing my fav. character from the manga and he's very easy on the eyes, then again JE owns my soul so I'm not surprised I like him. Can't wait for ep 2

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Jul 5th, '07, 22:41

Just came by to drop my 2 cents on this:

I actually expected more from the 1st episode. When i watched it, I was kinda disappointed because I got excited over nothing.

Well, I hope the next episode will be better...