[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 23:14

ojouprincess wrote:
MiIiyah wrote: I think the japanese HanaKimi cast is hot.
Shun, Yamapi(who actually is very cute!), Toma, etc.
uhmm... i don't think yamapi is in hanakimi...
Uh?
Isnt Yamamoto Yusuke's nickname Yamapi?
If not, then sorry for the mistake.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 23:20

MiIiyah wrote:
ojouprincess wrote:
MiIiyah wrote: I think the japanese HanaKimi cast is hot.
Shun, Yamapi(who actually is very cute!), Toma, etc.
Uh?
nop yamapi is yamashita tomohisa

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 23:33

kozumifan wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:
ojouprincess wrote:
Uh?
nop yamapi is yamashita tomohisa
Yes I just noticed
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_25508.htm

Siiigh.. Anyway!
Yusuke has a very cute face. I like it.
Yamapi looks cute tho..
But Yusuke looks so innocent and he is only 19 years old(I noticed that many actors are very young. e.g. Erika Toda.. only 18 years old. Amazing : O)

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 23:35

lol yusuke is sooo cute... ghost guy... :fear: KAWAII!!!

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 23:42

kozumifan wrote:lol yusuke is sooo cute... ghost guy... :fear: KAWAII!!!
Yeah. It was so cute when he cheered up Nakatsu.
But I wonder how many boys there are in real gay..
There must be some!
I'd say Yusuke and Nakatsu are very supicious >D
Shun has a GF and the other..dunno!
I still say, hot boy x hot boy = pure hotness.
Imagine Toma x Yusuke. Would be funny: BEHIND THE SCENE: YUSUKE AND TOMA HOLDING HANDS! etc : D
Eww.. here my fantasy goes.

Anyway, I wonder how Maki in real felt when Toma touched her breasts..
I'm sure behind the scene they have a lot of fun.. eww.. I'm so jealous.

I hope Dorm 1 will disqualified for hurting Maki.
Poor senpai.. cant meet his 15 girls on weekends now D:

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 5th, '07, 23:53

i've just finished watching hanakimi *hot guys everywhere*... i'm totally hooked... can't wait for the next ep... and what's more, yamada taro monogatari will air later... isn't this a good season of jdramas... >^_^<

dopeyR12

Post by dopeyR12 » Jul 5th, '07, 23:56

JP Version is way too pretty...
i love the sets and the lighting
...and oguri shun!
:wub:
from what i've seen so far both versions (tw and jpn) have their pros and cons
but im SO biased towards the jpn version because the cast is just amazing!
:thumright:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 6th, '07, 00:11

I swear I'm the only person who thinks the JP cast aside from Maki and the Ghost kid are ugly as sin. =x

:doh:

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 00:22

Archaenon wrote:I swear I'm the only person who thinks the JP cast aside from Maki and the Ghost kid are ugly as sin. =x

im sure you are.. cuz i love them all... :wub:

lolz i still cant get over the shower scene!!! XD

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jul 6th, '07, 00:23

i finally watched it with subs!!! i totally luv it!! maki did an awesome job as Mizuki as did everyone else with their parts!! i'm dying to watch ep 2!!! :wub: :wub:

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 00:25

kawaiimomo wrote:i finally watched it with subs!!! i totally luv it!! maki did an awesome job as Mizuki as did everyone else with their parts!! i'm dying to watch ep 2!!! :wub: :wub:
trust me ur not the only one!!! XD

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 00:26

Archaenon wrote:I swear I'm the only person who thinks the JP cast aside from Maki and the Ghost kid are ugly as sin. =x

...I think the cast is pretty hot. I love Toma and Shirota Yuu and Shun and Mizushima Hiro are both pretty good looking...but it couldn't been a lot hotter. needs more Johnny's :whistling:

...Umeda-sensei kinda creeps me out though... :unsure:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 6th, '07, 00:31

fto_osakadreams wrote:

...I think the cast is pretty hot. I love Toma and Shirota Yuu and Shun and Mizushima Hiro are both pretty good looking...but it couldn't been a lot hotter. needs more Johnny's :whistling:

ph i love johny boys. I just think Oguri Shun is creepy. I dunno , I think I spent watching Kdramas so long , that J guys don't do it for me anymore. D:

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 00:39

Archaenon wrote:
fto_osakadreams wrote:

ph i love johny boys. I just think Oguri Shun is creepy. I dunno , I think I spent watching Kdramas so long , that J guys don't do it for me anymore. D:
I think they should have just thrown a whole bunch of random Johnny's in the backround. They don't even have to speak- just look good. Then the whole, this school has the hottest boys ever, thing might be a tad more believable. I don't Shun's hair black- it does make him a bit creepy. But I dunno- he's still not too bad (they could have come up with a better Sano though).

I don't watch kdrama really...it kinda scares me. And in my case Korean boys don't do it for me. I'll take my Japanese pretty boys anyday over them. :D

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 6th, '07, 00:56

As a dude, I don't check out other dudes (I just don't swing that way, sorry). But based on what my female friends at my university consider hot dudes, I thought I knew what they considered a hot dude. With their obsession of the guys in the TW Hana Kimi, it seemed like my theory held true.

All that changed when I read this thread. I did not realize that girls here were into skeleton-looking guys. Time to make some slight revisions to my theory, I guess...

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 01:03

Pekana wrote:I watched it and I liked it. Very much in fact. As I've read about half of the manga I could tell that they've made changes in the sequence of events, but I didn't mind it at all. As someone stated before, this is a 12 episode drama so it should have a faster pace than a 23 volume manga.

The characters:
(Putting the spoiler tags in just to be safe)
Mizuki - Horikita Maki did an even better job than I expected. I think she's a perfect Mizuki with her girly boyishness (if that phrase even makes sense). She manages to change quickly between funny, cute and more serious moments.

Sano - Oguri Shun is, I have to admit, very attractive in this role. The coldness of his character I thought emphasised Sano's isolation well - it seems like he's the one who has distanced himself from everyone due to the high jump thing and not the other way around. Looking forward to him "thawing" due to Mizuki's influence.

Nakatsu - Very "pretend macho" :lol Ikuta Toma did a good job. The drama actually gives this character more depth and conflict than the loveable, but goofy Nakatsu of the manga, but I'm not against that.

Umeda - Kamikawa Takaya may not look like the character from the manga (though he is a good looking man), but I think in his first encounter with Mizuki he got the character down pat. He really had that creepy vibe that Umeda often has when he zoomed in on Mizuki. And does he wear blue contacts or did my eyes play tricks on me? :O

The dorm heads - were excellent especially Tennouji and Himejima. The characters were as over the top as in the manga.

The principal - Yes, Matsuda Seiko looks like she lied about her age on her passport, but other than being a beautiful principal why is she there? It's a very empty role.

The fangirls - could've done without them, but meh. Whatever.
And now to the character who was the most perfect of them all...

Yujiro is such an irresistably cute dog! :wub: :lol
yeah.. i thought i did see blue contacts. I agree. Maki was awesome as Mizuki :D. I had a little doubt about her since this character was really different from the type i've seen her as (quiet, innocent) but she did pull it off. The fangirls... they weren't really part of the manga were they.

lol to whoever said it (wow this thread is so long, just for the first ep). the fangirls did remind me of HYD... it was a little weird when i saw that.

the other thing that bothered me was the blood. Come on.. try to be a little more realistic looking? it was so fake.. i wasn't sure what it was at first. way too bright/orangey. who bleeds like that? and how hard must have the other person stepped on her to do this (just how sharp were these spikes).
and the school itself.. it looks too computerized. but nice graphics.. it makes it look really unrealistic.
After all that complaining, i think the acting is excellent. I don't recall the principal for the manga but either than that, i think it was well casted.

You like Ghost boy too??! haha i noticed him as well. :wub: haha wasn't he supposed to be creepy? but he gives me this innocent/shy vibe instead :D
Last edited by melonyhappy on Jul 6th, '07, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 6th, '07, 01:05

You like Ghost boy too??! haha i noticed him as well. :wub: haha wasn't he supposed to be creepy? but he gives me this innocent/shy vibe instead :D
Yeah , I think he's very cute. He should of played Sano. I dunno , maybe he will be creepier as the show continues?

Sano could of been done so much better. Non of these boys except the ghost kid actually are attractive to me. Oguri just always looks autistic when he's trying to be serious , and I can't help but to be afraid of him. It worked for him when he played Rui because Rui was supposed to be Autistic.

I dunno. The one kid , who gets everyone pregnant ( I honeslty cannot remember thier names , I do remember the taiwan version ones though , Senior Nan ) looks like Jun Matsumotos ugly brother.

I dunno. D: Maybe my hotness radar broke or something. D:

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 01:12

Archaenon wrote: I dunno. D: Maybe my hotness radar broke or something. D:
im sure it is because hiro does not look like matsujun's ugly little brother he's like the cutest kic, maybe he's no oh-so handsome, but he is really cute :-)

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 01:23

kozumifan wrote:
Archaenon wrote: I dunno. D: Maybe my hotness radar broke or something. D:
im sure it is because hiro does not look like matsujun's ugly little brother he's like the cutest kic, maybe he's no oh-so handsome, but he is really cute :-)
No, Mizushima does look like MatsuJun's ulgly little brother. It's the hair. Mizushima is very cute. His Nanba hair is not. I miss Manga!Nanba's hair :cry: But I do love Mizushima as Nanba... not what I expected but suprisingly good.

The more I read other peoples reviews the more I like this drama. *aparently is easily influenced*

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 01:34

lol to me the more i read the bad comments about this drama the more i like it!! it's refreshing, not ur typical, out-of-the-book type 8)

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 01:39

hmmm i love oguri shun XD but yeahh the ghost boy was really cute! glad i wasnt the only one who noticed hahaha
Maki is soo cute...she's so versatile, looks adorable in both genders!
^^ i really like this drama so far, so we'll see if it beats the TW one.
@kozumifan-haha i love how i was watching this drama and talking to you on MSN at the same time...you got to "see" my reaction to everything LOL

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 6th, '07, 01:40

I liked the first episode--didn't love it, but did like it.

Oddly enough, much of what I liked, though, comes from the production. I liked the colors, which struck me as unique. I liked the little touches that made the whole world look more like an anime than a straight TV show. I thought the editing was tight--just as it was for Hanadan.

Of course I like Oguri Shun, though he doesn't look like a high schooler any more to me. But he has that wonderful voice and brooding quality. I wouldn't be convinced that Horikita Maki is a boy, but then there's enough "magic" in the production to make it possible for me to take a leap of faith.
I thought it was interesting the way that they were able to convey Mizuki as a "fan" but not a complete fanatic. I mean it's pretty wierd, actually, that she goes to such great lengths to meet her idol, but the show manages not to make her look like a desperate freak, which is good.

From what I understand, in the manga her identity is discovered by a few people very early on--including the object of her affection, and I'm curious to see how they handle this and how the story develops.

I also really like the supporting characters, who have their own exuberant energies.

All in all, I like it, but it hasn't grabbed my heart completely the way that Hanadan did. But it's unfair to make those comparisons. I'll be sure to watch episode 2. The preview looks hysterical--not only is there a kiss, but some kind of men-impersonating-women beauty contest, which Mizuki should win.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 01:50

haha we should start a ghost boy fan club. anyone got his name? which dramas have he done. is he part of JE?

I agree with ladymurasaki. I like how Mizuki did not appear to be a desperate fanatic.. it's probably because the fangirls toned her fandom down.

edit:
more of ghost boy:
I seriously didn't notice him (maybe cuz i didn't finish watching this pv)
Last edited by melonyhappy on Jul 6th, '07, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 01:53

YOU GUYSSS.
I made a MMV of Hana Kimi dedicated to this topic on this forum :D.
RATE AND COMMENT !

I think I did pretty good :D.
Enjoy.

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 01:53

@ ladymurasaki hmm yeah im wondering the same thing (bout how they're gonna handle it). I found myself comparing it to the first episode of the TW version while watching it, so im curious to see how similar they end up being (not only storyline/events, but the entire series as a whole). I have faith in them ^^ so im sure they'll do an amazing job!

And, a lot of japanese guys look like girls (i mean, the ga-wa-la-ga-wa-la-la-ga club is perfect evidence) so if i had no idea what the story was about and no idea who maki was, if someone were to show me a picture of her in the uniform surrounded by guys with the uniform, i'd just assume she was one of those girly looking guys XD but since I know that she's a girl, it changes things a bit.

I have to say, my favorite part of episode 1 was "Sano, do you have shampoo?" <--said by like 4 different guys in nothing but a skimpy towel XD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 01:57

xmoonprincessx wrote: I have to say, my favorite part of episode 1 was "Sano, do you have shampoo?" <--said by like 4 different guys in nothing but a skimpy towel XD
haha my favorite scene soo far.. xD

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 6th, '07, 02:00

Yes, yes, yes! Ghost boy is cute!

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 02:01

xmoonprincessx wrote:I have to say, my favorite part of episode 1 was "Sano, do you have shampoo?" <--said by like 4 different guys in nothing but a skimpy towel XD
I was amused they all went to Sano for shampoo? He spent the whole episode being all moody towards the class but then they all seek him out for shampoo...? I love how Mizuki goes "how come no one has shampoo?" And the boys towels were all so colorful~ :lol
Last edited by fto_osakadreams on Jul 6th, '07, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 02:06

fto_osakadreams wrote:[quote="xmoonprincessx]I have to say, my favorite part of episode 1 was "Sano, do you have shampoo?" <--said by like 4 different guys in nothing but a skimpy towel XD
I was amused they all went to Sano for shampoo? He spent the whole episode being all moody towards the class but then they all seek him out for shampoo...? I love how Mizuki goes "how come no one has shampoo?" And the boys towels were all so colorful~ :lol[/quote][/quote]

HAHA i thought the same thing! i was like "he seems really popular for no reason...and why do they all assume that he out of everyone is the one to have shampoo?"

YES THOSE TOWELS! i really wanted them, they were cute ^^

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » Jul 6th, '07, 02:09

This board sure moves fast.

I actually liked it better the way it was before the show started because now I've been seeing comments that complain about how it was" totally like not ikemen enough!!111" or "ZMG!! IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S NOTHING LIEK THE MANGA!!!." I've yet to see an adaptation that follows the original story word for word (But I'm really glad that they included the "Nanba will get you pregnant." comment). Not even Harry Potter movies follow the original. Nobuta wo Produce was nothing like the book it was based on. I agree with the people who said that if the drama followed the manga, then it would have been really boring because it was too predictable. It's a different take on the manga that follows the same plot--That's pretty much how I see it. Sadly, it seems some people didn't consider those facts before they watched the show. I will admit that I'm not too happy with some additions either, but I refuse to say that it totally was a disappointment just because it's so different from the original.

Also, the people who say that they regret watching it because the guys weren't as hot as the ones in the Taiwanese version are really annoying too; I seriously think that's pretty shallow. "Oh yeah, it was so disgusting I had to watch the Taiwanese version just to see real hot people again like Jiro..etc." <s>That kind of comment really makes me want to keyboard smash. But! I will control myself. </s> :cussing:

People have different tastes, and I personally think that the cast has attractive characters AS WELL as really amusing ones like Himejima(sp?). I really like his overdramatic character because I find it really funny, and it suits the drama dorm. I have no problems with the acting so far either. It's fine if people compare the two Hana Kimi versions over plot/screen-writing/directing/whatever, but it's really stupid when they say A is better than B because the guys there are hotter.

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 02:11

xmoonprincessx wrote:
fto_osakadreams wrote:[quote="xmoonprincessx]I have to say, my favorite part of episode 1 was "Sano, do you have shampoo?" <--said by like 4 different guys in nothing but a skimpy towel XD
I was amused they all went to Sano for shampoo? He spent the whole episode being all moody towards the class but then they all seek him out for shampoo...? I love how Mizuki goes "how come no one has shampoo?" And the boys towels were all so colorful~ :lol
HAHA i thought the same thing! i was like "he seems really popular for no reason...and why do they all assume that he out of everyone is the one to have shampoo?"

YES THOSE TOWELS! i really wanted them, they were cute ^^[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I love how the guy Nakatsu bumbed into had a pink and white polka-dot towel. :wub:

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 02:15

microsoftExcelExcel wrote:This board sure moves fast.

I actually liked it better the way it was before the show started because now I've been seeing comments that complain about how it was" totally like not ikemen enough!!111" or "ZMG!! IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S NOTHING LIEK THE MANGA!!!." I've yet to see an adaptation that follows the original story word for word (But I'm really glad that they included the "Nanba will get you pregnant." comment). Not even Harry Potter movies follow the original. Nobuta wo Produce was nothing like the book it was based on. I agree with the people who said that if the drama followed the manga, then it would have been really boring because it was too predictable. It's a different take on the manga that follows the same plot--That's pretty much how I see it. Sadly, it seems some people didn't consider those facts before they watched the show. I will admit that I'm not too happy with some additions either, but I refuse to say that it totally was a disappointment just because it's so different from the original.

Also, the people who say that they regret watching it because the guys weren't as hot as the ones in the Taiwanese version are really annoying too; I seriously think that's pretty shallow. "Oh yeah, it was so disgusting I had to watch the Taiwanese version just to see real hot people again like Jiro..etc." <s>That kind of comment really makes me want to keyboard smash. But! I will control myself. </s> :cussing:

People have different tastes, and I personally think that the cast has attractive characters AS WELL as really amusing ones like Himejima(sp?). I really like his overdramatic character because I find it really funny, and it suits the drama dorm. I have no problems with the acting so far either. It's fine if people compare the two Hana Kimi versions over plot/screen-writing/directing/whatever, but it's really stupid when they say A is better than B because the guys there are hotter.
WOOT! I agree with you 100% ^__^

it's definitely true...you shouldn't compare dramas simply by comparing the "hotness" of the actors. I understand wanting to watch dramas with hot guys in them (who doesn't?) but you shouldn't say a drama sucks simply because you don't find the actors good looking enough. And personally, I think the cast is great. They look fine to me (and i think oguri shun is hot XD) AND they're amazing actors (AND being a good actor is the IMPORTANT part isn't it??)

And its true, following the manga exactly would make the drama boring, and it would go way to slowly. I understand if you're upset about a movie not following a popular book (like harry potter), but you should keep in mind that mangas are different than books, and filming a drama based on a manga and filming a movie based on a book are very different!!

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 02:17

some screen caps
here are some of my favs (out of order):
haha he's actually quite built
too much hair. but stil hot. love the wet look
awwwww
nice earrings

LOL how can u not laugh at that?
Ghost Boy!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever his name is
it looks so peaceful
haha
oo lala
I haven't read hana kimi for a while. but i really hope it's not exactly like the book.. not that it really mattered. I hope it captures the themes/main essence of hana kimi like hana yori dango did to the jdrama. hana yori didn't follow the manga as faithfully as Meteor Garden did, however, i thought it took out the best of the manga and still kept me interested (in fact i preferred it over the manga)
Last edited by melonyhappy on Jul 6th, '07, 02:25, edited 2 times in total.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 02:21

melonyhappy wrote:some screen caps
here are some of my favs (out of order):
haha he's actually quite built
too much hair. but stil hot. love the wet look
awwwww
nice earrings

LOL how can u not laugh at that?
Ghost Boy!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever his name is
it looks so peaceful
haha
oo lala
you forgot the shower scene!! XD

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 02:24

lol it's there (where mizuki covers her eyes. that's the dorm head behind her. XD. that was so funny :D. Luckily she didn't get caught

lovebum4life

Post by lovebum4life » Jul 6th, '07, 02:26

I keep hearing people say that the japanese guys aren't as goodlooking as the guys in the TW-version..but I also remeber people saying that for hanadan(hell even I said that when I first watched hanadan)..but wait a few episodes and the actors will probably win you over..I think the cast is great(except Umeda..) and lets hope that Hana Kimi will only improve from the first episode.

Someone mentioned about the how skinny the guys were awhile back but I think girls like skinny guys in Japan..even anime/manga guys are skinny... :scratch:
Last edited by lovebum4life on Jul 6th, '07, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

najimta

Post by najimta » Jul 6th, '07, 02:27

this episode was good, i hope the drama doesnt disappoint. i havent read the manga save like 2 pages at the bookstore b4 i had to leave so i dont know what to expect, hopefullly i'll be PLEASANTLy surprised.

i wanna borrow sano....'s shampoo. hehehe

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Jul 6th, '07, 02:32

Ok! I am HOOKED! I am very excited to see the next episode! The spring dramas were so, so!
I was a little disappointed! I know the humor is tad bit dry! But there is a very good story going here. Not mention the adorable guys!

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 02:35

Thanks for the caps~

Haha. I'm so amused by Sano's expression in that last cap. His pants in the first few look like girl yoga pants...? :blink And is it just me or does Shun vaugely resemble Nishikido Ryo in the sleeping bench cap? :scratch:

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 02:38

this thread is just WAAAYYY too fast!!! @.@ my god, there are already another 20+ pages since i visited here yesterday XD XD

it may be true that the guys here don't look as good as you'd expect them to be, given that they claim "ikemen paradise", but then i believe what will definitely convince you afterwards is their acting. trust me on that. :thumright: so far, i find that they have casted pretty well for this drama, i even like umeda and himejima!! even though they don't look as good as in the manga and the tw version perhaps (i wouldnt really know since i havent seen the tw yet), i see that they are dead on with their acting. i can see why they were chosen. i pretty much can forgive not so good looks if they put out good acting. i even forget that i initially found them not so good looking if their acting totally PWNS. that's what happened to me with oguri shun. :wub: :wub:

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 02:40

fto_osakadreams wrote:Thanks for the caps~

Haha. I'm so amused by Sano's expression in that last cap. His pants in the first few look like girl yoga pants...? :blink And is it just me or does Shun vaugely resemble Nishikido Ryo in the sleeping bench cap? :scratch:
hm.. Ryo? maybe. I agree he does look a little different when he's sleeping on the bench.. but i kinda see what you mean. Ryo has a more narrow/slim face.. at that angle Shun looks different

no problem about the caps
ROFL. that yoga comment was funny. it does look a bit girly (except for the boxer that was creeping up

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 02:43

haha i adore oguri shun and his acting
and major major props to maki ^_^ she's totally amazing

Lol yeah this thread does move really fast! But its because this drama will be great ^__^

kamiru000

Post by kamiru000 » Jul 6th, '07, 02:45

fto_osakadreams wrote:Thanks for the caps~

Haha. I'm so amused by Sano's expression in that last cap.
me toooo!! and i defdefdefdef love shun's earing!!! making him look a lil bit on the bad side.. :whistling: haha. he's soooo HOT! :wub: :D

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 03:02

^^ i love his earing too...
he has this really nice one thats not just a hoop, it like dangles and AHH ITS SO PRETTY XD

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 6th, '07, 03:03

Still the best thing about this show so far:

http://www.yusukefc.com

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 03:08

Archaenon wrote:Still the best thing about this show so far:

Ghost boy!!!!!
hm.. if only i can read Japanese :lol

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 03:09

Archaenon wrote:Still the best thing about this show so far:

dude ur funny XD he is cute!! XD

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 03:16

lol who plays the ghost guy??

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 03:23

xmoonprincessx wrote:lol who plays the ghost guy??
Isn't it Yamamoto Yusuke?

Oh and ghost boys name is Kayashima. I love when Mizuki first meets him. ^^ Aura? :D

SakuraxYume

Post by SakuraxYume » Jul 6th, '07, 03:28

i agree with everyone who thought tht Yamamoto Yusuke(aka ghost boy;p) caught their attention. cuz he did on me too=D
btw. i thought the 1st ep of hana kimi was awesome, it was suprisingly good, i seriously loved Maki's acting, and the rest of the cast! looking forward to ep2, and Toma's nosebleed^^

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 03:28

fto_osakadreams wrote:

Oh and ghost boys name is Kayashima. I love when Mizuki first meets him. ^^ Aura? :D
It is. There's a rumor that there's going to be a live-action Host Club, and he would be the one playing Tamaki :D.

Sorry for getting off topic xD.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 03:28

i just spent the last 15 minutes reading through the last 10+ pages, and THANK GOD the jdrama vs. tdrama comparisons have died down. seriously they were giving me a headache. sorry if i'd sound rude, and im not singling anybody out, but if you don't like the way jboys look, then please don't come here to give them a bashing ne~ try as i may to ignore them, it is very difficult. plus it gets very frustrating and depressing at best... so I BEG YOU, no more. :)

-------- and on to the Jdrama!

XD i kinda agree that for the drama to hold more ikemen power, i think it needed more JE boys. but then, 1. the production would run out of money, 2. All the boys would want screen time (oh we all know how JE boys are) XD and if there were more JE boys in the cast 3. NO ONE BUT MAKI AND SHUN WOULD BE LEFT IN THE GROUP IKEMEN PHOTO XD XD

but seriously, i find that anybody who has a significant role here has impressive acting chops. i may not have seen all of them in a drama, but they act in a way that makes me familiar to them, because i can see the similarities they have with the manga characters' personalities. (i am yet to form that opinion for the akiha/karasuma photgrapher though. and the hibari squad.. *kicks them off. too HYD for my taste*) in this first ep though, sano and nakatsu are a little bit different personality wise, but i think when they get over the conflict, they will revert to the personalities they have in the manga. :D

i really wonder how they're gonna set up episode 2. they mixed and matched ep 1 so skillfully that somehow i dont know what to expect even though i've read the manga and saw the preview. :D

TomaT

Post by TomaT » Jul 6th, '07, 03:28

which one is himejima?

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 03:30

SakuraxYume wrote:i agree with everyone who thought tht Yamamoto Yusuke(aka ghost boy;p) caught their attention. cuz he did on me too=D
btw. i thought the 1st ep of hana kimi was awesome, it was suprisingly good, i seriously loved Maki's acting, and the rest of the cast! looking forward to ep2, and Toma's nosebleed^^
I absolutely love his lips :D.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 03:31

TomaT wrote:which one is himejima?
Dorm 3's dorm leader.
The dorm with all the artsies, and well, the weirdos :D.

Opalescent Fire

Post by Opalescent Fire » Jul 6th, '07, 03:32

I just watched episode 1 (I'm so going to be over tired for work tomorrow haha but it was so worth it ^_^)

Shun is so hot and Maki does a greaaaaaaaaat job. But it's ridiculously silly. Not that that's a bad thing, but i thought it'd be more serious then the Taiwanese version. (Which has a very unsatisfying ending =C) and omg i cant wait for the second episode!

Okay-- done ranting <3

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 6th, '07, 03:33

The RA for Dorm 3 (aka Drama Dorm). He runs around with a cape and calls Himself Oscar M. Himejima amid sparkles. :lol
Last edited by fto_osakadreams on Jul 6th, '07, 03:39, edited 1 time in total.

xmoonprincessx

Post by xmoonprincessx » Jul 6th, '07, 03:37

fto_osakadreams wrote:
The RA for Dorm 3 (aka Drama Dorm). He runs around with a cap and calls Himself Oscar M. Himejima amid sparkles. :lol
LOL! his phantom of the opera mask hahahaha

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 6th, '07, 03:38

lunargen wrote:seriously they were giving me a headache. sorry if i'd sound rude, and im not singling anybody out, but if you don't like the way jboys look, then please don't come here to give them a bashing ne~
Neat-o, nothing was said about bashing jgirls.

So dang, what is up with that reporter chick in the JPN version? She looks goofy! :lol

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 6th, '07, 03:40

wat3rm3lon wrote:
fto_osakadreams wrote:

It is. There's a rumor that there's going to be a live-action Host Club, and he would be the one playing Tamaki :D.

Sorry for getting off topic xD.
I really hate rumors about Ouran. I'm a Ouran fan , I would die to see a live action version of it. D: He would make a good Tamaki as long as he can be dramatic/stupid/robot enough. :D

Even though he's Korean , I can see Joo Ji Hoon doing a perfect Ootori. *offtopic*

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 04:01

XiaoPauli wrote:
lunargen wrote:seriously they were giving me a headache. sorry if i'd sound rude, and im not singling anybody out, but if you don't like the way jboys look, then please don't come here to give them a bashing ne~
Neat-o, nothing was said about bashing jgirls.

So dang, what is up with that reporter chick in the JPN version? She looks goofy! :lol
:lol true, so far no jgirl has been bashed for her looks heeheehee. well maybe that's cause so far only maki's the character that matters enough to be talked about, and she so far did an excellent job, visually and acting wise as well. :-)

hmmm, i really don't know what to make of that darn reporter girl. her role just totally confused me. cause she's named akiha, and in the manga, that's the male photography artiste, but then she acts totally like karasuma the reporter, but then she isn't a reporter here even! she's like a crazy mix of bits of characters. it doesn't do justice to name her akiha, and neither does naming here karasuma. so she's really an oddball alright. same goes to the hibari squad *blech*

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 04:04

fto_osakadreams wrote:

I wonder if he picked up that mizuki was a girl at the start (that's the weird aura right?) i remember the dog figured it out in the manga. was his character in the manga. sigh.. not a major character. very minor.

:cry: I'm older than him! haha not like i have a chance with him anyways XD

thanks for the info.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 04:08

melonyhappy wrote:
fto_osakadreams wrote:

I wonder if he picked up that mizuki was a girl at the start (that's the weird aura right?) i remember the dog figured it out in the manga. was his character in the manga. sigh.. not a major character. very minor.

:cry: I'm older than him! haha not like i have a chance with him anyways XD

thanks for the info.
i don't know about here in the drama, cause so far kayashima (yusuke) hasn't shown any indication that he knows as yet, but in the manga, he knows that mizuki is a girl from the start, cause he says that femal auras look/move differently from male auras. XD so i guess that explains his look in the first ep. :lol

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Jul 6th, '07, 04:08

melonyhappy wrote:I wonder if he picked up that mizuki was a girl at the start (that's the weird aura right?) i remember the dog figured it out in the manga. was his character in the manga. sigh.. not a major character. very minor.
actually in the manga he did if i rmb correctly. at the end when Nakatsu found out she was a girl too. i rmb he asked Ghost Boy if he knew and why didn't he tell him this earlier.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 6th, '07, 04:09

lunargen wrote:hmmm, i really don't know what to make of that darn reporter girl. her role just totally confused me. cause she's named akiha, and in the manga, that's the male photography artiste, but then she acts totally like karasuma the reporter, but then she isn't a reporter here even! she's like a crazy mix of bits of characters. it doesn't do justice to name her akiha, and neither does naming here karasuma. so she's really an oddball alright. same goes to the hibari squad *blech*
D'oh! :doh: I didn't realize that the reporter girl wasn't the Karasuma character, I just assumed that because she was a girl. :lol If she's a hybrid of those two characters, then I guess they're really compacting quite a number of characters.
Hmm...I guess that does away with the fun interactions between the doctor and reporter.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 04:16

XiaoPauli wrote:
lunargen wrote:hmmm, i really don't know what to make of that darn reporter girl. her role just totally confused me. cause she's named akiha, and in the manga, that's the male photography artiste, but then she acts totally like karasuma the reporter, but then she isn't a reporter here even! she's like a crazy mix of bits of characters. it doesn't do justice to name her akiha, and neither does naming her karasuma. so she's really an oddball alright. same goes to the hibari squad *blech*
D'oh! :doh: I didn't realize that the reporter girl wasn't the Karasuma character, I just assumed that because she was a girl. :lol If she's a hybrid of those two characters, then I guess they're really compacting quite a number of characters.
Hmm...I guess that does away with the fun interactions between the doctor and reporter.
OMG
I KNOW!! YOU JUST MADE ME REMEMBER THAT!! omg now im TOTALLY convinced what a total conflict of characters she's been made out to be!! cause in the manga, akiha hara's bisexual and unabashedly molests umeda every chance he gets, while karasuma runs for her life as if umeda was the black plague since umeda did "something" to her while they were in university. XD XD hahaha that reporter girl now officially is a new character for me ahahah

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 04:20

thanks lunargen and j_halo7 for the explanation. I've really forgotton a lot from this manga. I don't even recognize the reporter later. Oh that's good. at least it wouldn't be that predictable for me :D. All i remember was the soccer guy, sano and mizuki and the pageant...and the annoying that guy that likes the dorm head.

Shae0001

Post by Shae0001 » Jul 6th, '07, 04:53

Can someone help me? I don't know how to use vobsub.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 05:08

Shae0001 wrote:Can someone help me? I don't know how to use vobsub.
uhm, you don't "use" it per se. you just install it, and then place the video and the softsubs, with the same names, in the same folder and then play as you normally would. then vobsub will incorporate the subs while you're viewing. :D

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 05:08

after installation
just name the .srt and video as the same, place them in the same folder. click on the video file and the subs should appear automatically. the green arrow (near the task bar) indicates that it's working. check out the help (faq) tab here at d-addicts. lots of info.

elaeye

Post by elaeye » Jul 6th, '07, 05:15

Um...*walks in nervously*

A slight request to you regulars, does anyone know the URL of a blog that does episode summaries of this drama? Like the blogger at http:// daelite.wordpress.com did summaries for Proposal Daisakusen, does anyone know a similar sort of blog and could you possibly link me to it?

Thanks in advance if you do know :thumright:

Shae0001

Post by Shae0001 » Jul 6th, '07, 05:15

lunargen wrote:
uhm, you don't "use" it per se. you just install it, and then place the video and the softsubs, with the same names, in the same folder and then play as you normally would. then vobsub will incorporate the subs while you're viewing. :D
Ok.... So, you put hte video and the vobsub ion the same folder and play it? Oh the video and the soft subs. Can you show me where to get the hanakakari no kimitavhi e video? You use Window's Media Player right?

Shae0001

Post by Shae0001 » Jul 6th, '07, 05:25

Ignore last message can someonetell me were to get the avi for Hana Kimi. Please!!!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '07, 05:59

Shae0001 wrote:Ignore last message can someonetell me were to get the avi for Hana Kimi. Please!!!
Why hello there Shae, I am the supplier of the Hana Kimi raw on d-addicts.

You can get the first episode here

and a thorough explanation of how to use vobsub here

and after two years and three months I've finally reached 100 posts XD

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 06:14

@ ladymercury - omedetou!! hahha i feel so ashamed of myself, in the few months i've been here i have too many posts... and this isn't the only forum im in!! *just shows how much i dont have a life XD XD*