[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
cutiehoney135

Post by cutiehoney135 » Jul 6th, '07, 07:16

ahh I loved the first episode!<3
I wish I can go to a school full with sexy beautiful guys like them XD
...and it might just be my imagination but when they first started the race I swear that the band is playing gold by kat-tun XD

and that ghost seeing guy is so hot!! :wub:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jul 6th, '07, 07:40

Okay...

I am probably the only girl here not blinded by the 'eye candy' so here is my first impression.

I liked Oguri's character and I think he is doing an excellent job but it is not much different than when he played Rui IMO. It is a bit basic.

Maki annoys me and I really do not feel that she is convincing enough. She acts like a girl, moves like a girl, sounds like a girl, looks like a girl...... I would have cast someone else. Maybe a girl that looked more like Hyde from L'Arc en Ciel when he was young or something.

So far Yamamoto Yusuke is the best IMO from the first ep. I really liked his "ghost boy" character.

Sad thing is that I only watched 4 eps. of the original Hana Kimi and stopped because it was cheesy so I hoped this one would be better. So far it is okay but I think I will give the Thai version another chance because the casting was so much better and the lead really could have passed for a boy.

I will see what the next episode brings.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 6th, '07, 07:41

cutiehoney135 wrote:ahh I loved the first episode!<3
...and it might just be my imagination but when they first started the race I swear that the band is playing gold by kat-tun XD

OMG you are the second person i know who said that!! XD XD hahaha i really must check that part again, cause when i checked it, it only plays a few chords that are similar to Gold. :lol

@MitsukaiKuroi - actually, the japanese version stays truer to the mizuki character than the taiwan version. because in the manga, mizuki is supposed to look a lot like a girl; she's actually treated as one of the "girlish" boys in the manga, and always being told that "if only you weren't a guy..." sort of thing. so her being "girlish" in the jdrama is true to the mizuki of the manga. (and i've seen the ella in the tw vers.... not exactly pretty boy... she just kinda looks like a boy :lol and that's not how it was in the manga) So i believe that Maki did justice to the role. :-)
Last edited by lunargen on Jul 6th, '07, 07:54, edited 4 times in total.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '07, 07:46

cutiehoney135 wrote:and that ghost seeing guy is so hot!! :wub:
Tsurugiiiiiiiiii :D

XD

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jul 6th, '07, 08:40

i`ve watched the first ep last night at 1 AM cos i couldn`t wait any longer even if today i had to wake up and go to work :lol
anyway it`s a great dorama!i luved the first ep,i luv shun`s character!the girl could do better in trying to act as a boy but probably this is part of the comic :lol can`t wait for the next ep! :mrgreen:

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Jul 6th, '07, 10:35

Haha, I just found out today that a lot of ppl are upset about Maki's first kiss on screen went to Oguri not Yamapi. But hell, I don't care. Oguri looks quite good compare to him in Hana Yori. Tanned and the earing.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 6th, '07, 11:35

this thread movies too fast... I have no idea if this has already been posted, but yesterday or two days ago when it was still at page 40 something, I saw someone post the TV-ripped version of peach so...

here's the full version of Ootsuka Ai - Peach. (4:09)
I'm not sure why it's longer than the PV... and I don't want to listen to PV to find out.
This song annoys me a lot... but since I had a method of getting the song, I should share =]
http://www.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s11drnmflpnCIC6iV
password is the name of my site (5 letters), all lower case
You may repost the info exactly as it appears in the quote, but don't give out the password please. It's not hard.

crescent

Post by crescent » Jul 6th, '07, 11:50

Could somebody tell me ... are the hardsubs out yet? (I mean for the first ep)
well.. softsubs are out.. but I don't like softsubs :D
anyway... maby somebody could make some hardsubs out of it too ?! :)

artistickc

Post by artistickc » Jul 6th, '07, 12:28

I loved the first episode

poor mizuki she pushed so hard at the end of the race...sano of course ran to her!

Anyways I liked all the characters and I cant wait for the second episode!

epecially with cute ghost seeing boy!

lanett

Post by lanett » Jul 6th, '07, 12:44

I loved the first episode. I'm learning Japanese so i could understand some of it but I guess i will have to wait till the hardsubs come out to fully understand what they were talking about.

Shun is like the best actor in the entire world!!!!! I love him in this series.

Can't wait till the next episode.

Sandra121289

Post by Sandra121289 » Jul 6th, '07, 15:47

hello everybody^^
i don't know if it was asked before, but did anyone understand the scene when ayashi was running after sano and wanted to thank him for saving her? he said something like "i don't play these kind of games" and she said something about tights? :scratch:
i really dont know what this is all about!

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 6th, '07, 15:48

MiIiyah wrote:Lol Toma even looks gayish in the ending.

But soo hot >_<..
Maybe I find him hot because he looks gay.. mmh.. D:
haha :lol

Aku

Post by Aku » Jul 6th, '07, 16:00

Well I totally loved that episode. What? No, its not becasue Oguri Shun is in it! (probably helps, though..hehe..I love that guy so much) :wub:

I liked the pace of the episode..after reading the manga, and watching the TW version, if the pace was kept real slow for the JP version as well, I think it might have got boring. What I'd like to know is what people who havent read the manga/seen the TW version thought of it. Did it all make sense? Was it too fast?

And Maki - her looking like a girl adds to the charm I think. If she looked totally like a guy it might have been a bit creepy. Its supposed to be a cutesy drama, right? Not very realistic..so I think it works perfectly. :mrgreen:

Anyhow, totally loving it so far. Hope it stays good! :P

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 6th, '07, 16:07

Tanpoporin wrote:Plus like the first scene had Nakasu touching Mizuki chest...WTF?
yea well, nakatsu touches mizukis chest in the manga too so thats not really a wtf scene

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 6th, '07, 16:11

lunas wrote:I think he already know she's a girl.
From the piggy back.
yea thats what i was thinking.
i wonder if theyre going to put in the scene where sano walks in on mizuki in the shower. was that in the preview? i forgot. im in japan so i just watched the ep live and cant download anything til i get home in like a month.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 6th, '07, 16:14

Meekolli wrote:then again JE owns my soul so I'm not surprised I like him.
i was at a shrine(in japan) last sunday, and they had this shop selling JE pictures and uchiwas.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 6th, '07, 16:16

ojouprincess wrote:i've just finished watching hanakimi *hot guys everywhere*... i'm totally hooked... can't wait for the next ep... and what's more, yamada taro monogatari will air later... isn't this a good season of jdramas... >^_^<
i just watched yamada taro tonight and i loved it ~

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 6th, '07, 16:17

nanikore wrote:
ojouprincess wrote:i've just finished watching hanakimi *hot guys everywhere*... i'm totally hooked... can't wait for the next ep... and what's more, yamada taro monogatari will air later... isn't this a good season of jdramas... >^_^<
i just watched yamada taro tonight and i loved it ~
Sho and Nino~

*arashi fandom overshadows this show*

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 6th, '07, 16:27

fto_osakadreams wrote:
Archaenon wrote:
fto_osakadreams wrote:
...I think the cast is pretty hot. I love Toma and Shirota Yuu and Shun and Mizushima Hiro are both pretty good looking...but it couldn't been a lot hotter. needs more Johnny's :whistling:

...Umeda-sensei kinda creeps me out though... :unsure:
ph i love johny boys. I just think Oguri Shun is creepy. I dunno , I think I spent watching Kdramas so long , that J guys don't do it for me anymore. D:
I think they should have just thrown a whole bunch of random Johnny's in the backround. They don't even have to speak- just look good. Then the whole, this school has the hottest boys ever, thing might be a tad more believable. I don't Shun's hair black- it does make him a bit creepy. But I dunno- he's still not too bad (they could have come up with a better Sano though).

I don't watch kdrama really...it kinda scares me. And in my case Korean boys don't do it for me. I'll take my Japanese pretty boys anyday over them. :D
JE Gakuen??? :roll

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 17:46

Sandra121289 wrote:hello everybody^^
i don't know if it was asked before, but did anyone understand the scene when ayashi was running after sano and wanted to thank him for saving her? he said something like "i don't play these kind of games" and she said something about tights? :scratch:
He meant like.
He thought he[well, in reality, she, but apparently he doesn't know that yet] was gay. GAY, DUNDUNDUN. It's sort of like the whole playing with the fingers, looking down thing that happens in shoujo anime, what girls do, and such.
Especially when they're about to confess to a guy XD.

I'm not exactly 100% positive. But I'm PRETTY surre.
Can anyone confirn this :D.

This thread moves WAY TOO FAST.
Like every hour I have to read like 2 pages back to catch up with everyone.

LET'S GO FOR 100 PAGES YOU GUYSS :D

sweet-apple

Post by sweet-apple » Jul 6th, '07, 17:51

i watched the first episode and i must say i prefer the dorm in the tw version. maki is sooo kawaii disguise as a boy!! it was ok for this episode, a little lost but gonna keep watching the rest. this serie makes girls go nuts of all the pretty boys just like my friend...we can see many of them topless!! :w00t:

Yul

Post by Yul » Jul 6th, '07, 17:58

thanx god the japanese version is way much better than the tw............ :wub: Mmaki :wub: is pretty good n the role (better than ella n the tw ver. :glare: )........ :D

I've read the manga before, there are some diffrencec btw the manga & the drama but I don't mind if they will not change the story line

Yul

Post by Yul » Jul 6th, '07, 18:02

wat3rm3lon wrote:
He meant like.
He thought he[well, in reality, she, but apparently he doesn't know that yet] was gay. GAY, DUNDUNDUN. It's sort of like the whole playing with the fingers, looking down thing that happens in shoujo anime, what girls do, and such.

It's exactly as U explained, sano though her gay.

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Jul 6th, '07, 18:25

Just finished first episode~
I kinda like it the way it shows Mizuki fighting for Sano. Almost had tears in my eyes when Muzuki fell while sprinting. And Nakatsu's face was so adorable when she "speak" with his grandma.
But even if I think the J-Dorama is much better than the TW version, I gotta say that Tang Yu Zhe was he hotter dorm head, Tang Zhi Ping the better gay doc and Yang Hao Wei a lot cuter than the guy that played Senri who is after Nanba.
I did not have the thinking that Oguri Shun is "better" than Wu Zun yet (he plays the role kinda like Hanazawa Rui *lol*) and Ikuta Toma did not beat Jiro yet, who exagerrated alot. Anyhow, I really like the three leads of the Japanese version - especially Maki ist very, very kawaii. Lover her already (Ella was just awful, IMO)^^ Shun and Toma and the rest of the guys gotta impress me more.
But the preview looks nice, looking forward to Tuesday =D

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 6th, '07, 18:25

wat3rm3lon wrote:
He meant like.

yup i think that was it. It was more explicit in the manga... I remember a scene like that in the manga.. and it was brought out a little more. this just touched it a little. I think Mizuki said something like "I like you" to that extent that made it sound gay (but i haven't read it in a long long time) in the manga.. so i really got a clear picture of it in tyhe manga.

OMG you are the second person i know who said that!! XD XD hahaha i really must check that part again, cause when i checked it, it only plays a few chords that are similar to Gold. :lol

@MitsukaiKuroi - actually, the japanese version stays truer to the mizuki character than the taiwan version. because in the manga, mizuki is supposed to look a lot like a girl; she's actually treated as one of the "girlish" boys in the manga, and always being told that "if only you weren't a guy..." sort of thing. so her being "girlish" in the jdrama is true to the mizuki of the manga. (and i've seen the ella in the tw vers.... not exactly pretty boy... she just kinda looks like a boy :lol and that's not how it was in the manga) So i believe that Maki did justice to the role. :-)
I couldn't have said it better myself. I thought Ella was too manly for the role... or just maybe i couldn't stand her expressions.. I should post a pic from the manga of Mizuki...
Last edited by melonyhappy on Jul 6th, '07, 18:31, edited 3 times in total.

Sandra121289

Post by Sandra121289 » Jul 6th, '07, 18:25

Yul wrote:
wat3rm3lon wrote:
He meant like.

oh yes !! you're right! :lol i didn't think of that in the first place because i was too irritated with the tights :blink thanks for telling me :salut:

mabo

Post by mabo » Jul 6th, '07, 18:46

Sandra121289 wrote:
Yul wrote:
wat3rm3lon wrote:
He meant like.

oh yes !! you're right! :lol i didn't think of that in the first place because i was too irritated with the tights :blink thanks for telling me :salut:
well it's her attitude that made Sano think that she was gay ^^ in fact the main reason was because she had her feet turned to the inside, when she realized that, she realized that she acted like a girl so she corrected her pose just after that, turning her feet to the outside, like a man ^^

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 18:58

If anyone would like to basically see some pictures of the Hana-Kimi manga, just watch this:

I think I did pretty good :D.
Rate and comment it onegai ;].

She really does look like a girl, no matter how you look it at :-).

myphim

Post by myphim » Jul 6th, '07, 19:03

Taiwan Version
Pro
1. It stays true to the manga except at the end
2. I really like Jiro's portrayal of Nakatsu character. He is really funny especially when he is turning gay. He is my favorite character in the manga and I think Jiro did a good job. Since it is only episode 1 for the Japan version, I will reserve judgement on Toma's portrayal of Nakatsu. Japan version made him so serious in episode 1. He is supposed to be the comic character and I really don't like the fact that Nakatsu and Sano are not on friendly term at the beginning.

Con
1. I know people will yell at me for saying this, but I really don't like Ella acting. She made Mizuki so pathetic and with no dignity. I have no idea how Sano could fall in love with this character because I have a hard time falling for her character. I know Ella is famous with many people in China and Taiwan and her acting in other series are decent, but I think she failed in this one. Maybe instead of blaming Ella we should blame the director. Maybe he made her act that way. Anyway, I actually saw the Taiwanese version first, got interested in the story line so I look up Hana Kimi the manga to read. Thus, I found Ella's Mizuki is annoying compare to Mizuki in the manga. Ella's Mizuki cries too much in my opionion and is so weak. Mizuki in the manga is adorable, cheerful, cute, and kind of naive.

Conclusion: I like Jiro and I think he did a good job. Wu Zun is definitely hot looking for a Sano and his acting is decent and passable. Ella is my main complaint. JJ Lin as her brother kind of destroy the image of Shizuki in mind and the same with Julia.

Japan Version
Pro
1. Maki's Mizuki is good. Finally a Mizuki that actually look cuter than Nakao. I know many people complain that Maki look so much like a girl to be mistaken for a boy. Yes people, you actually hit on the true here. That is the same problem Mizuki has in the manga. She was mistaken for a girl by almost everyone she meets. Remember Sano's rival, Umeda's sister, Makita who almost rape her, etc. Since it is only episode so far, I cannot judge her acting much, but she sure looks the part of Mizuki to me. I also think she brought a lot of dignity to her character. If she continues this way, I might even like her more than Mizuki of the manga. As a girl, I think girl should fight for their love, but fight with dignity and self-respect.
2. Shun's Sano is good so far; let's wait and see how he will grow into his character. I know people complain that Shun's Sano is so cold and reserve, but this is kind of how Sano is in the manga. He does not talk a lot and tend to keep his emotions hidden from the world. If you read the manga, Sano is kind of a mystery. You don't know much about him unless he reveals it to Mizuki. So far Shun's Sano is closer to the manga than Wu Zun.
3. So many cute guys. This is definitely a boy's school. As a girl, this is as close as you can get to get a glimpse of how guys live and act. It seems like so much fun. I wish I could be a boy.
4. The actor who play the ghost seeing guy is good. He actually freak me out. I like him.

Con
1. What happen to Nanba? Isn't he supposed to be a playboy who is cool and sauve and smooth. I don't like the change in his character. I'm not saying the actor who play him is bad, I just don't like the change. He acting more like Nakatsu. I think he accidently switch personality with Nakatsu.
2. Nakatsu is so serious. What happen to the weird, crazy, comic side of him?
3. Orange blood? What was that? Maybe they try to be funny? Because I actually got a laugh out of that. Every time I see the orange blood, I laugh so hard.

Conclusion; I cannot wait to see more and wonder how they will develop the story. I know it is only 12 episodes so they will compact many scenes. However, it will be jam pack with action so that is good. I like both the main character and it looks like I will be purchasing this series once it finish.

I hope you guys enjoy the show.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 19:13

myphim wrote:Taiwan Version
Pro
1. It stays true to the manga except at the end
2. I really like Jiro's portrayal of Nakatsu character. He is really funny especially when he is turning gay. He is my favorite character in the manga and I think Jiro did a good job. Since it is only episode 1 for the Japan version, I will reserve judgement on Toma's portrayal of Nakatsu. Japan version made him so serious in episode 1. He is supposed to be the comic character and I really don't like the fact that Nakatsu and Sano are not on friendly term at the beginning.

Con
1. I know people will yell at me for saying this, but I really don't like Ella acting. She made Mizuki so pathetic and with no dignity. I have no idea how Sano could fall in love with this character because I have a hard time falling for her character. I know Ella is famous with many people in China and Taiwan and her acting in other series are decent, but I think she failed in this one. Maybe instead of blaming Ella we should blame the director. Maybe he made her act that way. Anyway, I actually saw the Taiwanese version first, got interested in the story line so I look up Hana Kimi the manga to read. Thus, I found Ella's Mizuki is annoying compare to Mizuki in the manga. Ella's Mizuki cries too much in my opionion and is so weak. Mizuki in the manga is adorable, cheerful, cute, and kind of naive.

Conclusion: I like Jiro and I think he did a good job. Wu Zun is definitely hot looking for a Sano and his acting is decent and passable. Ella is my main complaint. JJ Lin as her brother kind of destroy the image of Shizuki in mind and the same with Julia.

Japan Version
Pro
1. Maki's Mizuki is good. Finally a Mizuki that actually look cuter than Nakao. I know many people complain that Maki look so much like a girl to be mistaken for a boy. Yes people, you actually hit on the true here. That is the same problem Mizuki has in the manga. She was mistaken for a girl by almost everyone she meets. Remember Sano's rival, Umeda's sister, Makita who almost rape her, etc. Since it is only episode so far, I cannot judge her acting much, but she sure looks the part of Mizuki to me. I also think she brought a lot of dignity to her character. If she continues this way, I might even like her more than Mizuki of the manga. As a girl, I think girl should fight for their love, but fight with dignity and self-respect.
2. Shun's Sano is good so far; let's way and see how he will grow into his character. I know people complain that Shun's Sano is so cold and reserve, but this is kind of how Sano is in the manga. He does not talk a lot and tend to keep his emotions hidden from the world. If you read the manga, Sano is kind of a mystery. You don't know much about him unless he reveals it to Mizuki. So far Shun's Sano is closer to the manga than Wu Zun.
3. So many cute guys. This is definitely a boy's school. As a girl, this is as close as you can get to get a glimpse of how guys live and act. It seems like so much fun. I wish I could be a boy.
4. The actor who play the ghost seeing guy is good. He actually freak me out. I like him.

Con
1. What happen to Nanba? Isn't he supposed to be a playboy who is cool and sauve and smooth. I don't like the change in his character. I'm not saying the actor who play him is bad, I just don't like the change. He acting more like Nakatsu. I think he accidently switch personality with Nakatsu.
2. Nakatsu is so serious. What happen to the weird, crazy, comic side of him?
3. Orange blood? What was that? Maybe they try to be funny? Because I actually got a laugh out of that. Every time I see the orange blood, I laugh so hard.

Conclusion; I cannot wait to see more and wonder how they will develop the story. I know it is only 12 episodes so they will compact many scenes. However, it will be jam pack with action so that is good. I like both the main character and it looks like I will be purchasing this series once it finish.

I hope you guys enjoy the show.
Wow. I probably agree with everything you've said.
Except for the Nanba bit.
I kind of like him like that, lmao. He's pretty funny.
I remember someone mentioning this before:
What they're trying to do is have Mizuki basically change everyone.
Including Nakatsu. So I'm guessing he'll change for the better :D.
All the principle's mini-speeches about a flower blooming and such.
I'm predicting the director really wants to have this drama deeper than it's supposed to be. To have more meaning.
And I really do think that is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant :-).
I especially love the scene when she's cutting her hair by herself, she seems very independent.
The music and lighting.
It all fit so well :D.

I just love Hana-Kimi in general, though.
The Japanese, the manga, and the Taiwanese.
It's just soo good :P.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '07, 19:16

.... Man, I feel like if I start reading the manga I'm going to destroy my love for this show with all these comments >_> Feel like I'm gonna start nitpicking the show too. Guess I'll read the manga after the show to keep my hana kimi virginity intact.

najimta

Post by najimta » Jul 6th, '07, 19:31

i completely agree with [bold]fto_osakadreams [/bold]
they should just throw in a bunch of JE guys in the backgrond. then this show would be even more HOT. and it can capture alot more female audience that way. like a very good... tease? haha.

caffienejunkie

Post by caffienejunkie » Jul 6th, '07, 19:33

Well, I liked the manga AND the first episode. I LIKE that they changed the storyline, because now I don't know what to expect. And while I agree with some of the things people have said (why a marathon in the first episode?), I think people have to remember that there won't be as many episodes of this jdrama as there were of the twdrama. Therefore, things will have to get crammed in. And people were complaining about Umeda--While I'm not going to say that he will be gay in this show (I really have no idea), but keep in mind that in the first volume of the manga, he seemed pretty normal. He can go from being entirely crazy to completely serious in a minute. And while it is kind of like HYD, I think the similarities are inconsequential. Wait awhile before making your judgements :). Oh, people were also saying that the "shampoo thing" was uncalled for--people, she's going to an all boy's school--even if that scene wasn't in the manga, of course the directors are going to make jokes about that! And I thought it was pretty hilarious!

Okay. Done venting. I just felt that with all the bad reviews the first episode was getting, I had to shine light on a different side. Hope everyone likes the second episode more! I'm upset because I'll be on vacation when it airs *sob*. Happy HK watching!

angie_22

Post by angie_22 » Jul 6th, '07, 19:36

hmmm i think both are equal alike except that TW-version has better charaters

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '07, 19:36

Shampoo scene was hilarious:

The expressions are priceless :lol
Oh, people were also saying that the "shampoo thing" was uncalled for--people, she's going to an all boy's school--even if that scene wasn't in the manga, of course the directors are going to make jokes about that! And I thought it was pretty hilarious!
Last edited by Ladymercury on Jul 6th, '07, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 19:36

Is it just me, but.
Does Umeda have like GRAY-BLUE eyes.

That's trippy XD.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '07, 19:38

wat3rm3lon wrote:Is it just me, but.
Does Umeda have like GRAY-BLUE eyes.

That's trippy XD.
The school nurse?

Yeah, he does D:

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 19:40

WOAHH! Are those contacts, or no?

Cause' that friggen owns :D.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 6th, '07, 19:43

Ladymercury wrote:Shampoo scene was hilarious:

Oh, people were also saying that the "shampoo thing" was uncalled for--people, she's going to an all boy's school--even if that scene wasn't in the manga, of course the directors are going to make jokes about that! And I thought it was pretty hilarious!
I have no idea why they were screaming , that's why I thought it was awkward. O_o lol. Either way it was kinda ammusing. My freinds who were watching with me were like "Um...Ok" after that scene.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 19:45

wat3rm3lon wrote:WOAHH! Are those contacts, or no?

im usre those are contacts! 8) i love umeda x3

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '07, 19:46

Archaenon wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:Shampoo scene was hilarious:

I have no idea why they were screaming , that's why I thought it was awkward. O_o lol. Either way it was kinda ammusing. My freinds who were watching with me were like "Um...Ok" after that scene.
I'd scream if I looked up and saw a penis in my face XD
wat3rm3lon wrote:WOAHH! Are those contacts, or no?

Yeah, they are. One scene I think one of his contacts have moved. lol

roona

Post by roona » Jul 6th, '07, 19:47

omg i love this drama its so nice ..cant wait to see the other ep

makii was so coooooool acting as a boy looooool and yah the shampoo scene was funny ..its like come on u dont have shampoo guys looooooool and when toma open the door on maki and stole her shampoo was funny too looooool
love this drama

namedx

Post by namedx » Jul 6th, '07, 19:57

Lol OK. that’s it, I’ve had enough-I’m usually on the backseat reading through all the comments, but this time I really feel like adding my two (pence) worth). Hehe, now before you all bash me-never once have I thought of comparing both HK together, because I believe each version have something to offer-and should be viewed with an open mind taking in its originality. For eg. Tw version was immensely wacky yet sooo enjoyable really gave you the manga vibe. Whereas Jap version-always cut out to be different, goes out of its way to offer a sense of realism (well to an extent). Like the rest of you, at first I couldn't help but compare with the Tw ver, esp characters like the pretty boy, the ghost dude, and the doc (I was like what happened to the Doc in the J version!!!? o_O) because it was the minor* characters who made Tw HK what it is-of course Chunnie fitness did help!!! :p

BUT, having watched the first ep of the jap version, I was pleased that it was different from the Tw version-Yes, I’m also an Ella fan, and I really enjoyed her over-the-top wacky acting and facial expressions. But the actress in the Jversion I feel is also going to be an interesting portrayal of the main character; she has this whole cutesy/sassy image going on!!

Same as you had Chunnie fitness in the Tw version lol this version offers Oguri shun fitness-so deffo no complaints there. His acting is obviously going to be at best mediocre-because I think it's those around him that will really make the drama stand out. But obviously his character and acting will all depend on his interaction with the female character!! So it will be interesting to see how that will develop as the series goes on-Shun is definitely cut out for this role I reckon!

Don't know about the rest of you (or those of you who've watched the Tw version), but Jiro and the Doc (Mei tien) were my favourite characters in the Taiwanese series!! Jiro together with his nutty friends (inc the Ghost dude) was soooo adorable. And their humour was too funny-real laugh out loud moments, and how can you forget the wacky nose bleed moments lol! The doc was superb, I think he gave me the most laughs!! Maybe it was just his gay-ness that really made him stand out, but his acting was just too cool!

sooooo, when I started watching the Japanese version, it took me time to realise, that the doc and Nakatsu were not at all that bad-they were just different. I think it will still take me a little while to warm up to the doc, simply because Jversion has taken a slightly more serious approach-even they're setting is boyish* which is a nice change! Same with the doc, I think there's simply going to be less of the gayness and just more sarcasm and directness in his speech! (Just without the whole gay concept) which I think will work great if the actor pulls it off well!
With Nakatsu-I grew to love him 10 mins into the first ep-lol people keep saying how he's not as silly as Jiro in Tw version-but they're not the same!! lol. Jiro kept his acting very Jiro like, and that worked with the whole Tw ver-whereas with this setting, Nakatsu fits in perfectly. There's more depth to his character-and I find the humour is contained within his seriousness (if that makes sense), lol his whole wannabe bad boy image was great, I really to like his acting!! (of course the looks do help) but just his manner of talking, esp when he got confrontational with Ashiya after she beat his record-that was classic! I like how this version has the whole bad-boy attitude flying around. It's a nice change from the flowery setting that Tw version had going on-which don't get me wrong was also great!

AND last but not least-another one of my favorite characters, lol the ghost dude, again I loved the one in the Tw version, just his look matched his personality, so every time he spoke or appeared, you couldn’t help but laugh!! So whilst watching the first ep of Jap. version, I was a bit surprised when this pretty boy appeared out of nowhere to play the ghost dude!! lol, but his acting/speech has this whole morality aspect to it (which I believe is tp of Jdoramas-but it's a GOOD thing!!! I think that’s where the whole seriousness comes in, this ver will have the moral conscience thing going on. I think the only qualms I'll have with this version is that the orig pretty boy is NOT pretty enough-lol they may have underplayed the gayness a bit too much!! He simply isn't gay enough.

WOAH-lol I could go on with my rant, but I think I’ve given more than my two pence worth!!! Hee hee apologies for the extremely long essay-I’m gonna go back to the backseat now-and remain there! Ps. a BIG THANK YOU to the subbing team, what would we do without you eh!?

PeAce out ^____^

ladymurasaki

Post by ladymurasaki » Jul 6th, '07, 20:05

nanikore wrote:
i was at a shrine(in japan) last sunday, and they had this shop selling JE pictures and uchiwas.
OMG. Which shrine?

namedx

Post by namedx » Jul 6th, '07, 20:05

Ooooo, btw I forgot to mention, I'm really really liking the crude humour that the Japanese version of HK has got going on- *wink* *wink*

look forward to the next ep. X

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 6th, '07, 20:43

I watched the 1st ep and Loved it a LOT! soo funny :lol and I liked the acting :thumright:

can't wait for the next ep~

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 6th, '07, 20:52

namedx wrote:With Nakatsu-I grew to love him 10 mins into the first ep-lol people keep saying how he's not as silly as Jiro in Tw version-but they're not the same!! lol. Jiro kept his acting very Jiro like, and that worked with the whole Tw ver-whereas with this setting, Nakatsu fits in perfectly. There's more depth to his character-and I find the humour is contained within his seriousness (if that makes sense), lol his whole wannabe bad boy image was great, I really to like his acting!! (of course the looks do help) but just his manner of talking, esp when he got confrontational with Ashiya after she beat his record-that was classic! I like how this version has the whole bad-boy attitude flying around. It's a nice change from the flowery setting that Tw version had going on-which don't get me wrong was also great!

AND last but not least-another one of my favorite characters, lol the ghost dude, again I loved the one in the Tw version, just his look matched his personality, so every time he spoke or appeared, you couldn’t help but laugh!! So whilst watching the first ep of Jap. version, I was a bit surprised when this pretty boy appeared out of nowhere to play the ghost dude!! lol, but his acting/speech has this whole morality aspect to it (which I believe is tp of Jdoramas-but it's a GOOD thing!!! I think that’s where the whole seriousness comes in, this ver will have the moral conscience thing going on.
I agreed with what you said. This show has certain moral depth to it. The scene where Kayashima tells Nakatsu he did his grandmother proud by forfeiting the game to help Ashiya. He lost the game but he is a better person because of it. It’s a quiet scene. Yet, it gives a different dimension to the characters.
Last edited by Kumaxell on Jul 6th, '07, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 6th, '07, 20:53

This thread is growing so fast XD ! loving it !!

namedx

Post by namedx » Jul 6th, '07, 21:09

Lol it is indeed isn't it Ran, muahahahaha

Kudos Kumaxell-great minds think alike eh!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '07, 21:18

This thread is very hard to keep up with XD I feel sorry for my inbox, the new reply alerts are insane.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '07, 21:19

i know 11 more pages and 100!!!

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 6th, '07, 23:58

Does anyone have any pictures of that Sekime guy in the drama.
Because he is soo cute :D.

I CANNOT FIND ANY OF HIM ;[.

phramc

Post by phramc » Jul 7th, '07, 00:12

Shun looked SOOOO hot. Maki did really well! She's very very talented going from Nobuta to Mizuki. such a variety. I just loved it and can't wait for the next one.

daelite

Post by daelite » Jul 7th, '07, 02:13

When I first watched the PV for Otsuka Ai's PEACH I felt so-so about it. It was OK but not that great, I thought... but the ending animation for HanaKimi matched with the song is addicting. I can't believe how many times I've rewatched the ending sequence!

Looking forward to the next episode and enjoying it so far :)

solitude

Post by solitude » Jul 7th, '07, 02:42

I love the first episode!! Very cute drama!~ Waiting for episode 2!!!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 7th, '07, 02:45

Man I cant believe the english subs are out already! Unfortunatly I cant download drama at the moment because I am in japan with a host family. I do get to watch the real deal but it kindof sucks not being able to understand it all!!!!!
But I love this drama all that same! Do people think its going to be better than the taiwanese one?

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » Jul 7th, '07, 04:06

I think the jap version is not as cheerful as the tw version because when they are at the dinner table, even though there is a lot of people I feel it's not a welcoming place...and the setting of the dorm in tw is better. But I like the acting from the jap version, it's much more funnier and there is meaning like what namedx said.
I guess the jap and tw versions have good points of their own.

Can't wait for ep 2!

xfantasee

Post by xfantasee » Jul 7th, '07, 05:47

Hmm, I just thought of something. I read the manga before and I attempted to watch the Taiwanese version which just didn't cut it for me (sorry if that's rude) but while reading about how the Julia arc might just be excluded so I figured...
That in the first episode's flashback where Mizuki is asking her parents to let her go to Japan, you don't see her brother there and he isn't in the cast list in dramawiki. It might be possible that they'll take out the arc where her brother was susposed to go to Japan and try to persuade Mizuki back but I think that her dad will be the one to go since he seemed so against her unlike how her dad is in the manga. I hope the drama won't cut too much out.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 7th, '07, 06:07

xfantasee wrote:Hmm, I just thought of something. I read the manga before and I attempted to watch the Taiwanese version which just didn't cut it for me (sorry if that's rude) but while reading about how the Julia arc might just be excluded so I figured...
That in the first episode's flashback where Mizuki is asking her parents to let her go to Japan, you don't see her brother there and he isn't in the cast list in dramawiki. It might be possible that they'll take out the arc where her brother was susposed to go to Japan and try to persuade Mizuki back but I think that her dad will be the one to go since he seemed so against her unlike how her dad is in the manga. I hope the drama won't cut too much out.
Yeah. I'm really guessing there's no happy family.
Gah. I'm still interested in what they're going to do!
I'm excited :D.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jul 7th, '07, 06:25

Well i watched a while ago but i have been too lazy to comment on it...

I think it is really goo too!! I have fall in love with all the ikemen... all of them... j/k...

i love Nakao still...thou he is not as pretty as he should be...
Nanba is good looking.,... my mom disagrees with me...
Shuno is cool still(Shuno is Shun and Sano together)
Nakatsu is cool(i still want to call him Toma too..)
Umeda is not what i expected... i like tw version of umeda.,... but he hasn't done much acting in it yet....
Kayashima is so cute... I like him... and he is right to be worried about nakatsu...
All in all.. it is good... thou hana-kimi should try to be an anime... it be cool to have HK an anime!!

And... for people that have myspace.... Please join this Group: http://groups.myspace.com/hanakimiikemenparadise
it is a Group for the show!!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 7th, '07, 08:06

I have this question all the time, what does the orange ball that Sano picked up in the end stand for ?? Anyone has an idea ?... uhm
Another thing I've noticed after watching the ....th time, Sano 'smiles' in the end.. not a real real one but he did smirk a little, I think it has a good meaning ^__^

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 7th, '07, 12:35

Nomanymore wrote:I have this question all the time, what does the orange ball that Sano picked up in the end stand for ?? Anyone has an idea ?... uhm
Another thing I've noticed after watching the ....th time, Sano 'smiles' in the end.. not a real real one but he did smirk a little, I think it has a good meaning ^__^
you know, after watching the episode for the 4th time, i wondered that too. cause it was focused too much for something not to have meaning.... so it probably has one. especially when he dropped it, they really focused on the way the ball rolled... hmmm... i was thinking it symbolized that he knew about mizuki being what she is.... but then so far nothing points to that :lol agh!! i wish tuesday would come sooner!!

(somehow though i had a bit of complaints about it, it was utterly refreshing that i think i wont tire of it even if i watch the first ep for the 5th time XD)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 7th, '07, 12:52

uhm maybe the orange ball sympolizes for "high jump" ?!.. I mean when he dropped it, just like he gave up to high jump, then he approached it & picked it up just like he decided to redo high jump again as he recalled Mizuki's words..

well, that's how I think, akak

man I'm dying to know how Sano will find out Mizuki is a girl.... XD

namedx

Post by namedx » Jul 7th, '07, 13:07

wow, you guys read into every minute detail!!! lol it's making me look forward to next weeks ep even more now!! woo hoo

PeAce out =)

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jul 7th, '07, 13:45

Nomanymore wrote:uhm maybe the orange ball sympolizes for "high jump" ?!.. I mean when he dropped it, just like he gave up to high jump, then he approached it & picked it up just like he decided to redo high jump again as he recalled Mizuki's words..

well, that's how I think, akak

man I'm dying to know how Sano will find out Mizuki is a girl.... XD
:thumright: that could be as well!! gah the suspense is killing me :lol :lol

:w00t: haha during the part where mizuki stumbled at the track i was completely expecting her to faint XD thus leaving sano with no choice but to carry her redneck style and thus feel her up XD XD

Dare_Devil09

Post by Dare_Devil09 » Jul 7th, '07, 14:21

I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK EPSIODE IT SOOOOO AAWESOME

But apprently this series not following the manga much.......

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » Jul 7th, '07, 15:58

Lol I just watched it the 2nd time and thought about the orange ball too! It probably links to what the doctor figures out.

Tuesday please come! (but that means holidays come to an end~ :goggle:)

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 7th, '07, 16:53

ladymurasaki wrote:
nanikore wrote:
OMG. Which shrine?
tenmangu temple? its in dazaifu which is on Kyushu. i need to see if they have like a JE store somewhere in fukuoka...

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 7th, '07, 16:57

wat3rm3lon wrote:
xfantasee wrote:Hmm, I just thought of something. I read the manga before and I attempted to watch the Taiwanese version which just didn't cut it for me (sorry if that's rude) but while reading about how the Julia arc might just be excluded so I figured...
Yeah. I'm really guessing there's no happy family.
Gah. I'm still interested in what they're going to do!
I'm excited :D.
aw but i love when sano and nakatsu are in american and visit mizukis house and her dad keeps saying daughter and mizuki keeps having to choke or cough loudly to cover up the word 'daughter'. her dad is so silly in the manga. :lol

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 7th, '07, 17:00

NanaTorigawa wrote:Well i watched a while ago but i have been too lazy to comment on it...

I think it is really goo too!! I have fall in love with all the ikemen... all of them... j/k...

Umeda is not what i expected... i like tw version of umeda.,... but he hasn't done much acting in it yet....
Kayashima is so cute... I like him... and he is right to be worried about nakatsu...
All in all.. it is good... thou hana-kimi should try to be an anime... it be cool to have HK an anime!!

And... for people that have myspace.... Please join this Group: http://groups.myspace.com/hanakimiikemenparadise
your mom watches with you? cause thats awesome!

and ever since i finished the manga years ago, ive been wishing for an anime... but hey, live action is nice too XD

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 7th, '07, 17:13

i wish i could watch the episode over and over again... and get all the details and symbolisms and subs... but i cant until i get home because i cant download here. i can only watch it live. oh i should probably watch it streaming then... is it streaming anywhere? (too lazy to sift through the many pages of fandom ^^;)

and it made me sad some pages ago when a bunch of ppl were talking about kayashima taiki and kept calling him 'ghost boy' and not knowing what his name was and not remembering him in the manga. he appeared alot in the manga. and he was one of my favorite characters.

Prodigy_child

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 7th, '07, 17:16

nanikore wrote:
NanaTorigawa wrote:Well i watched a while ago but i have been too lazy to comment on it...

and ever since i finished the manga years ago, ive been wishing for an anime... but hey, live action is nice too XD
Depending how this does, we might get an anime soon ;D That's what I'm hoping.

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Jul 7th, '07, 17:19

hello!! does anyone know where i can find soom pics pf this live action drama cause i want to spice up my page!!! PEACE :thumleft:

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 7th, '07, 17:26

Prodigy_child wrote:
nanikore wrote:

Depending how this does, we might get an anime soon ;D That's what I'm hoping.
ARE YOU SERIOUS. I want an anime so badly. Anime owns.
But then again.
I really like live-action haha.
I've watched the show for the 8th time.
That means I really like it :D.

wat3rm3lon

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 7th, '07, 17:27

akai_14 wrote:hello!! does anyone know where i can find soom pics pf this live action drama cause i want to spice up my page!!! PEACE :thumleft:
Did you download the episode? If you did, you could always take the easy way.
Screen-shot it.
Yeayuhh. :D.