Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » May 14th, '07, 20:21

Gokusen 1&2 is probably the most cheesiest show ever created in the tv-show history = they suck.

Kimi wa Petto(sp) sucks too.

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 14th, '07, 22:15

nikochanr3 wrote:i though shimokita sundays was frighteningly awful. i also though Sapuri was pretty bad, very forulaic, and an almost bad acting battle between the leads.
kame's acting wasn't bad, but he was just outta place and without chemistry with the lead chica.

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » May 14th, '07, 23:48

zenkzenk wrote:The first two doramas I watched are Strawberry on the Shortcake (SOS! SOS! S...O...S......) and Summer Snow.

:x Thanks to these two, it took me 7 years to get interested in watching other jdoramas.

Of the not-so-many doramas I've seen, I think these also sucked:

Kimi wa petto (The plot was stupid. Just get a f***ing dog!)
Orange Days (Booooorrriing. I gave up watching after the first episode.)
Gokusen II (Cheesier than the first.)
Trick (The genre probably is not for me.)
Mukodono 2003
I think you should give Orange Days more of a chance. You should watch till at least episode 3. Its my favorite dorama, right before GTO.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » May 15th, '07, 00:21

Hahaha Orange Days is probably among Top 3 dorama of all time for me. Ah, how people's tastes differ :lol

I've seen too many series, and I drop around 1/3 of series after second or third episode, so it's hard to remember all. Also, I don't think I can really judge a series unless I've seen it to the end.

Among the ones I've seen to the end:
14 Sai no Haha was the absolute worst for me. I was expecting a lot from its controversial title, but it ended up like any cheesy drama. Shida Mirai's character was so naive and the story was so unrealistic with so many cliches. Shida is probably the actress I dislike most right now thanks to this series. It's been incredibly frustrating to watch each episode, but I kept watching because I was too curious to what would happen... And nothing happened in the end, just the very predictable "baby was born and she got along with her friends and all her family and friends support her but society don't". The whole series was just about the struggle of single mother having a child, which didn't need the mother to be 14 years old.

Slow Dance. Tsumabuki Satoshi is one of my favorite actors, but this series was just too damn slow. They should just remove "Dance" from the title :lol
The story wasn't that interesting in the end too, and it was a big disappointment for a Getsuku time slot.

GTO. Well itachi666, we both like Orange Days, but I absolutely hate GTO :P I had such a high expectation from this series after hearing it to be top dorama for so many people, but I found it unbearably cheesy. I have seen few of Sorimachi's dorama before too, and this was definitely one of the worst acting I've seen him in. This series is also the very first manga adaptation I've seen, and this is where my deep hatred towards manga-based dorama has begun :cussing:

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 15th, '07, 08:37

I'm going to get shot by the fangirl population here for saying this, but...my least favourite jdrama in my entire viewing history? Definitely:

Hana Yori Dango: Hands down. I can't really think of any other drama I disliked more than this one. I didn't have too much of a problem with the acting, but god...the plot. It's older than both my grandmothers put together. I watched it when it came out because of all the hype, and managed 6 episodes before I deleted it off my harddrive because I couldn't stand anymore of the drivel. It pretty much drew together all the biggest cliches in the romance genre and put them into ONE drama:

1. One poor girl who's pretty kickass and tough - Tick!
2. One rich guy who's a big bastard but has a soft side - Tick!
3. One outrageously attractive male rival - Tick!
4. The guy & girl must start off hating each other and argue all the time and then fall in love out of the blue - Tick!
5. The family of the rich guy MUST be against the main couple - Tick!
6. There must be an unnecessary amount of angst and break-ups before the real thing - Tick!

...And so on. And while most people found some kind of enjoyment factor in HYD despite it being the epitome of cliche, I couldn't XD I might've ignored the whole overused plot if I cared anything for at least one or two of the characters, but I didn't 8D All I wanted to do was slap them silly and tell them to stop being wieners. I see many complaints about Gokusen in this thread, but Gokusen still beats HYD for me because at least I found myself attached to the main boys and their stories :P Makino wasn't squeaky like a lot of girls, but that wasn't enough to keep me watching. Nor was the "eyecandy" factor.

I heard Hana Yori Dango 2 was worse, but if I couldn't finish HYD 1, I didn't see the point of even attempting HYD 2 :lol

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » May 15th, '07, 09:10

too many bad dramas for me but the following are the ones i can easily remember:
1. Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta!~ too much cliche, definitely not funny
2. Strawberry on a Shortcake~ weird storyline and characters, disgusting acting by FukaKyo
3. Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu~ thin storyline, bad acting by Nagasawa
4. Sapuri~ no chemistry between the leads, predictable storyline
5. Hanayome to Papa~ another dorama that shares the same storyline as Erai, bad exaggerated acting by the father-daughter tandem

gelyn

Post by gelyn » May 15th, '07, 09:38

err... gokusen2 (?)
u dont even need to watch the ending to know what really gonna happen per episode...
so stereotype. plot never change from epi 1 till the end.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » May 15th, '07, 09:47

Sapuri = sucks, KKK2003 = eeeuwww, hyd2 = ugh (but i like hyd1), love generation = annoying, food fight = blergh, ptui.
got others that I can't remember..I must've blocked it from my memory
to me SOS is borderline. quite surprised that i don't really hate it.
Slow Dance is boring.
I don't understand what's the deal with Beach Boys
KURAPSAGI..oh Kurosagi.. hate. I downloaded the whole series watched every episode & quickly deleted it from my hardrive. A big dissapoinment.

Gokusen is overrated but its not that bad....but can't say the same for Gokusen 2..BAD!!

and i like kimmi wa petto very much.

btw...just wondering.. people who hated Gokusen, HYD & Kimi wa Petto, do you guys hate the story or you just can't stand Matsujun?
just curious. don't really mind if you say you hate him.
Last edited by aishoni2 on May 15th, '07, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 15th, '07, 09:54

aishoni2: I have no problems with Matsujun 8D I don't fangirl him or think he's hot or anything (Domyouji hair made me die a little inside, haha), but I reckon he can act alright so I don't mind him. It's the story of HYD that I hated XD

I agree with what you said about Gokusen being a bit overrated. Predictable as well, and overdramatic, but it's not that bad though. I liked the characters enough to bear with some of the down points. The fat one, Kuma? He was awesome <3

I haven't watched that much of Kimi wa Petto so I'll hold back my judgement on that, but I didn't really like the whole "treating him as a pet" idea >_> I thought it was kinda degrading and inhumane. But maybe I'll like it more as I watch it? I'll have to see.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » May 15th, '07, 10:05

yup, just curious.
I find HYD pretty cliche but enjoyed the first season immensely. The styling & the atmosphere of the story was so attractive. It helps that i reminded myself that its originally a manga made into a Taiwan drama (which I hated). The result was quite good. It also helps that it only got 9 episode which makes the sequel as overkill for me.

The thing that make me dislike (a bit) Gokusen is the same plot throughout the series. Problem student which lead to trouble, Yankumi took of her glasses & lets down her hair, problem solved. Each & every episode. What saved Gokusen was the actors & its basically a fun show to watch.
I haven't watched that much of Kimi wa Petto so I'll hold back my judgement on that, but I didn't really like the whole "treating him as a pet" idea >_> I thought it was kinda degrading and inhumane. But maybe I'll like it more as I watch it? I'll have to see.
I find a lot of people are put off by that idea. Its not a bad idea if the subject is willing :P. The pet was begging for an owner. Some can't stand to see Jun being submassive. Its an interesting story nonetheless for an out of the ordinary situation.
hmm..the ending is weak tho'

Magicus

Post by Magicus » May 16th, '07, 05:03

I think most people here are more disgusted with the popularity of dramas like HYD rather than the actual quality of the show, no doubt it is poorly made, but worst drama ever? There are many other dramas out there that are much much worse. It's not just HYD anyways, basically every high school show is ridiculously overrated.

Anyways, I am going to have to go with Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 as the worst drama I've seen due to the combination of horrible acting and cringe worthy storyline.

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 16th, '07, 05:07

^Well, this thread is for the worst drama people have seen. HYD is the worst I've ever seen. No one said anything about it being THE worst drama ever. It's impossible to say what is the worst drama EVER unless you've actually watched every single japanese drama out there. If someone's managed that feat, kudos to you.

And I think it's more of a combination of "disgusted with popularity of dramas like HYD which have such a low quality anyway". I'd throw rocks at it even if it was at the bottom of the Jdramas ranking list rather than #1.

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » May 16th, '07, 15:46

ehm...tokyo tower i think!

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 16th, '07, 15:51

HYD isn't bad. I think it's very well-made as a common, slightly cliched teen drama. But that's pretty much all it is. Not worst ever, but definitely not top quality.

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » May 16th, '07, 15:53

HYD isn´t that bad. I think it´s just tooooooooooooooooooooo naiv! But, once you watched it, you won´t stop!

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » May 16th, '07, 20:12

interesting how a lot of people say they hated HYD 1 and 2 and i really luv HYD, so i'm really interested in seeing wut you guys like in a drama, so i can go watch it!! i'm completely open to suggestions! :-)

anywayz as for worst drama, i tend to only see the good in dramas so i've never really seen a drama i hated, but if i had to pick i guess it would be sapuri. its ok but its draggy, i'm still stuck on ep 10, but i'll eventually finish it, hopefully..... and also Boku Dake no Madonna was pretty good, but it was also kinda draggy, i like Takky but once i stopped watching the drama for a few days it was hard trying to finish it cause i found it draggy, but the ending it nice!

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » May 16th, '07, 23:58

kawaiimomo wrote:interesting how a lot of people say they hated HYD 1 and 2 and i really luv HYD, so i'm really interested in seeing wut you guys like in a drama, so i can go watch it!! i'm completely open to suggestions! :-)

anywayz as for worst drama, i tend to only see the good in dramas so i've never really seen a drama i hated, but if i had to pick i guess it would be sapuri. its ok but its draggy, i'm still stuck on ep 10, but i'll eventually finish it, hopefully..... and also Boku Dake no Madonna was pretty good, but it was also kinda draggy, i like Takky but once i stopped watching the drama for a few days it was hard trying to finish it cause i found it draggy, but the ending it nice!
try Great Teacher Onizuka. Its the best.

Linh[hyd=3]

Post by Linh[hyd=3] » May 18th, '07, 18:24

Nodame cantabile...absolutely booooring...I watched 4episodes and what a boring drama ! But I saw in sites that this is a good dorama ... i'm surprised because the 4episodes I watched were not good (my point of view)

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 22nd, '07, 09:31

Hoshiakari wrote:I'm going to get shot by the fangirl population here for saying this, but...my least favourite jdrama in my entire viewing history? Definitely:

Hana Yori Dango: Hands down. I can't really think of any other drama I disliked more than this one. I didn't have too much of a problem with the acting, but god...the plot. It's older than both my grandmothers put together. I watched it when it came out because of all the hype, and managed 6 episodes before I deleted it off my harddrive because I couldn't stand anymore of the drivel. It pretty much drew together all the biggest cliches in the romance genre and put them into ONE drama:

1. One poor girl who's pretty kickass and tough - Tick!
2. One rich guy who's a big bastard but has a soft side - Tick!
3. One outrageously attractive male rival - Tick!
4. The guy & girl must start off hating each other and argue all the time and then fall in love out of the blue - Tick!
5. The family of the rich guy MUST be against the main couple - Tick!
6. There must be an unnecessary amount of angst and break-ups before the real thing - Tick!

...And so on. And while most people found some kind of enjoyment factor in HYD despite it being the epitome of cliche, I couldn't XD I might've ignored the whole overused plot if I cared anything for at least one or two of the characters, but I didn't 8D All I wanted to do was slap them silly and tell them to stop being wieners. I see many complaints about Gokusen in this thread, but Gokusen still beats HYD for me because at least I found myself attached to the main boys and their stories :P Makino wasn't squeaky like a lot of girls, but that wasn't enough to keep me watching. Nor was the "eyecandy" factor.

I heard Hana Yori Dango 2 was worse, but if I couldn't finish HYD 1, I didn't see the point of even attempting HYD 2 :lol
gawd, i aLmost worshipped you for that!!! In fairness to HYD1, its kinda good... but THATS IT! So when HYD2 comes... gosh im sick of it. With aLL th anticipation to hoping that MatsuJun and Inoue wiLL date in reaL Life!!!!!!! Duh!!!! :x ActuaLLy i aLready have copy of HYD2 Last month however i havent watched it yet [thats how EXICITED i am :glare: ] Take note: i wouLd actuaLLY be happy if Domyouji and Makino wiLL not END with each other [for a change]

okay these are the boring dramas for me:

1. Kimi wa Petto- OMG its proves that not ALL MatsuJun dramas are very good [rmember that]
2. Nodame CantabiLe - ZZzzZZZZzZZZZZzZZZZzZZZZZzzZZZzz *snores*
3. Boku dake no Madonna - i Love Tackey but Im annoyed with HaseKyoko :x
4. Youre under arrest- iLL just use emoticons ----> :cussing:
... thats so far on my List

btw, im now ready to be shot... :alcoholic:

babakubo

Post by babakubo » May 24th, '07, 05:24

Wow, I took me awhile to read through this whole thread (wish d-addicts had an ALL button to make browsing easier!), but I'm glad I did because I feel a bit more normal now. There's quite a few popular shows I didn't like, and it turns out I'm not alone. ^_^; I'm also surprised that there were less cat fights than I expected . . we jdrama fans can be civil. :)

Anyway, my least favorite jdramas are: 1. Kiken na Aneki, 2. Good Luck, 3. Densha Otoko, 4. Tokyo Wankei, 5. Hana Yori Dango
spacecommand wrote: Tokyo Wankei
The mother's story in episode 1 was a heck of a lot better then the entire series.
Exactly! Episode 1 was great and I really thought it was going somewhere . . and then it didn't. Actually, I've seen quite a lot of dramas with great pilots, great endings, but completely crappy in between. It's no wonder the ratings show that the Japanese usually just watch the first and last episodes. ;)
groink wrote:GTO/Gokusen.... They're both crap to me! Personally, I don't think teachers should ever interfere with students' personal lives. Watching these school dramas - it gives me the impression that a kid's school plays a huge role in keeping the kid in line. This should not be so... Kids should be using their parents as role models. In these dramas, the parents are idiots. Sure its all about entertainment, but this manga->live drama is another huge problem I have with today's dramas, which I will get into another day.
Exactly again. After watching several school dramas, I too am starting to notice that the parents are morons and the teachers are usually comic relief besides the homeroom teacher (who never actually "teaches" for some reason).

I did really like Dragonzakura though because it did actually focus more on teaching. I want to watch at least on Kinpachi Sensei someday, but have any of them been subbed?
ilovedrama wrote:Worst Jdrama ---> Hana Yori Dango.

Way way overrated, the mother of all cliches. Rich kid bullies the poor kid in the beginning and fell in love with his/her target by the end. Took place in high school to boot. Wonder if the director had to pay a royalty fee to the manga artist in order to license the Hana Yori Dango title? If he did, then it's kind of stupid to pay for licensing a cliche storyline.

Now about the show, lame jokes abound remember Heminyah... Lousy acting. I'm lost for words seeing Oguri Shun sitting cross-legged like a girl while batting his eyes and grating oranges.

We all know why the show's popular, it's because fangirls/boys like how pretty Oguri Shun & Matsumoto Jun are. Have those two locked in a room bouncing a ball up and down for 9-10 episodes and there still be tons of fangirls swooning over the show.

Anyhow the sad part in all of this is we are sending the message to the producers that they don't have to write interesting, original stories. Instead just pick some lame cliche storyline and cast some pretty boys/girls and voila you got a "masterpiece".

What a slap in the face it must be to other hardworking & talented actors/actresses who may not be young & pretty to see such a lame show as Hana Yori Dango getting all the attention. Might as well get plastic surgery to look younger & more beautiful because it seems that's what the audience really wants. Why bother working hard anymore. Alright enough of my Hana Yori Dango hating but just got to get this off of my chest :)
I want to frame your rant and put it on my wall. ^_^

MedallionEchelon

Post by MedallionEchelon » May 24th, '07, 05:57

Ace wo Nerae was sooo boring
Couldn't finish Kurosagi.
Couldn't finish Nobuta wo Produce, I guess I don't know what the big deal is about Kamenashi Kazuya and Yamashita Tomohisa. Granted, I like Yamashita in IWGP, Long Love Letter, and Stand Up...but he was a supporting role.
I think thats about it, I'm sure there are others I've forgotten I've disliked

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » May 24th, '07, 06:12

I just remembered, Shimokita Sundays was pretty doinky. I thought the plot synopsis sounded fun and it had Ueto Aya in it, so I checked it out...and I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of the first episode... :crazy: :pale:

Also, though it's not exactly *bad*, I thought Enka no Joou got rather repetitive. They always had the same formula in each episode...Himawari finds herself in sticky situation involving her mom/her doinky ex-boyfriend or whoever/whatever, Himawari has to make a decision, Himawari imagines herself lecturing and beating up the Doink of the Week™ but never actually does, Himawari ends up heavily injured but miraculously survives, etc. etc. etc. Amami Yuki gave a good performance as always, but I got tired of the repetitiveness of this series.

And also, doinkies didn't care much for Haken no Hinkaku. Haruko gave me serious Mary Sue vibes, it was like she could do anything, even DRIVE A HUGE CONSTRUCTION CRANE TRUCK. Heck, they even called her "SuperHaken"...that's a good warning sign right there...and the stapling contest in ep 2 was beyond stupid, the way it was acted out it was like some big sports tournament or something... :roll I ended up giving it up after ep 2...

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 29th, '07, 17:55

Worst dramas? The only one that is worth remembering me not finishing is probably Trick 3. I didn't like it, it got so boring that I couldn't finish it, that's saying something because I almost always finish japanese dramas.

Other than that, I thought Strawberry on the Shortcake was a bucket of mud. I didn't like it at all, and it all was too emo for me. The characters seemed self-detonative and the story wasn't flowing very well.

Another one that (looking back on it) wasn't very good. Kiken na Aneki. That show had the worst storyline and the worst characters. The characters aren't played out well and relationships weren't very realistic.

I agree with you that Gokusen was repetitive. It was the same thing over for Gokusen 2. I loved Gokusen, but Gokusen 2 was just superfluous.

I find this a trend, many super-cliched dramas are popular because they are spinoffs of popular (shoujo) mangas. Although I'm a victim of that category, I understand why some people may not like those dramas.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 30th, '07, 03:37

For some reason, I like how this thread has found a recent resurgence....:lol

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » May 30th, '07, 04:15

For some reason, I like how this thread has found a recent resurgence....Laugh
Yeah... and you are doing your part in keeping it there.

Now my part.
I absolutely Hated Gokusen, or rather Gokusen 2. I managed to finish Gokusen 1, I think thats a real achievement. But Gokusen 2 is a no no, to think it manage to win best drama for that season... Its an exact replica of Gokusen 1. And both of them didnt even come close to "remaking" GTO, though the underlying concept is the same. Till date, out of all the Jdramas i have watched, Gokusen 2 is the only one i never finished, and hence, its the worst. haha. I would agree that one should not decide on how good the drama is until one finish watches it. Gokusen must be a real exception den, since every episode is the same.

I don't know whats so bad about HYD, they must not have watched the Taiwanese version of Meteor Gardens then. Haha.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » May 30th, '07, 05:05

Wow, I didn't know there was a thread like this. Allow me to rant away :x

Although I prefer jdoramas to kdramas, there were quite a few that fell below my expectations, a few that were simply an utter waste of time and still a few that I can't seem to finish for fear of burning precious neurons. I'm sorry, but some of them were tolerable, others were just plain :crazy: (for lack of a better word). I know I'm supposed to identify the worst, but it'll be hard to just pick one. Here's my shortlist in no particular order:

1. Kimi wa Petto
2. Moto Kare
2. Kiken na Aneki
3. Tokyo Wankei
4. Anna san Omame
5. Pretty Girls
6. Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
7. Mukodono 2003
8. Concerto

And speaking of overrated or superfluous dramas that are so painstakingly redundant to the point of ridiculous-- there's GTO, Gokusen, Gachibaka!, and season 3 of Trick. Talk about a dire need for original plot lines and better acting.

There are probably a few more that made me grunt an, "Oh, c'mon! Seriously!?" :blink but I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of bishie-fanatics. I don't mind watching them, but please, there's more to being an artist than just their carefully disheveled hair.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » May 30th, '07, 08:21

Linh[hyd=3] wrote:Nodame cantabile...absolutely booooring...I watched 4episodes and what a boring drama ! But I saw in sites that this is a good dorama ... i'm surprised because the 4episodes I watched were not good (my point of view)
Completely agree on this one!!! Nodame Cantible had so many people screaming about how great it was that I was really shocked at how terrible it turned out to be! This is my number one "could not sit through it if you paid me money and drugged me" drama. Nice to know that I am not alone!

Others that I did not like were

Love Revolution - I would start talking and forget that it was on!

Gokusen 2 - I LOVED the first Gokusen but the second one was tedious!

Unfair - Another one that people said that they loved and I thought it was BORING! Didn't make it pass the 5th episode.

And even though I did not think it was the worst I have to give honorable mention to Nobuta Wo Produce - Watched it all the way through but was not really impressed. It had moments but I don't recommend it to my friends.

japysia

Post by japysia » May 30th, '07, 13:20

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:Unfair - Another one that people said that they loved and I thought it was BORING! Didn't make it pass the 5th episode.
I think you need to continue with this drama.It has a slow start, but as the deaths increase, the story gets more intriguing and there are a few twists and events that will screw with your mind.

BTW,my least fav dramas are:
Concerto,Love Revolution,Densha Otoko,Nodame Cantabile,Tokyo Wankei,Kuitan,Gachi Baka!,Slow Dance,Fukigen na Gene,Yume de Aimashou,Attention Please,Mariya,Big Wing,Yasha, and Koi no kamisama.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 30th, '07, 13:34

most boring japanese drama i have ever seen

Boku dake no Madonna

oh my god, boring story i fell asleep almost half way of each ep. NO JOKE, i really did
stupid and really bad acting from leading roles. i hated hasekyo for this role and until now i keep away from any drama that she has acted in them. i could kill her and then kill myself after that everytime she called Hideaki's character KYOOON. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
i just could not see what was all about?

ok, calm now. other boring drama that i watched or left half finished
concerto
love generation
love revolution (even though i loved at first but got boring later on)
shotgun marraige --stupid, stupid, stupid
SOS
moto kare
slow dance

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Jun 5th, '07, 13:42

Most booooring drama was Gachi Baka...first it seemed to be interest but then it just turned to be soooo boooring.. :blink and also Aim for Ace was kinda boring :glare: there are many j-dramas that i couldn't watch cuz they turned to be boring. :unsure:

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jun 5th, '07, 14:11

the worst drama ever waz SOS uffffffffff it waz so0o0o0o0 boring i just cant stand it but i luved the them song where are those happy days the wordz are soo touching

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Jun 6th, '07, 01:11

Hanazawa Rui wrote:the worst drama ever waz SOS uffffffffff it waz so0o0o0o0 boring i just cant stand it but i luved the them song where are those happy days the wordz are soo touching
did you get to the 8th episode?

Mr_Kyoling

Post by Mr_Kyoling » Jul 1st, '07, 04:13

The worst one I finished was Strawberry on the Shortcake.
Until now the ones I couldn't bring myself to watch more than of first episode were Waterboys, Omiai Kekkon ... and it seems like I forgot about the others. Not sure if I will finish Lunch Queen.

sveta

Post by sveta » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:49

Worst J-Dramas? Hmm, I don't know if i posted here or not, but the worst J-Dramas I have watched are Kimi wa Petto and Seikei Bijin. To be honest, I loved the first episode of Byakuyakou, but other 10 episodes are, well, dreary. The story wasn't being used to its full potential in my opinion.

Seikei Bijin-Sends bad message to those who are insecure with themselves, and makes plastic surgery seem very trivial. The ending was predictable and very sappy.
I also felt that she should be with the guy who liked her in high school instead of the flower one. Overall, a terrible drama.
Kimi wa Petto- Boring to be honest. It had its interesting moments, but no chemistry between the leads and it didn't make sense to me. Don't be with teh one you love? Is that the message it sent?

Byakuyakou- As mentioned, I loved the first episode; the darkness and all. Other episodes were boring in my opinion. They didn't make sense to me. 1991 and 1997, I think, too much time passed. I hated the female lead because she always found ways to control and manipulate the male lead. She seemed to lose whatever love she had for him as time went on. Good use of Gone with the Wind book though. I read it, and the drama seemed similar to the book.

elaeye

Post by elaeye » Jul 2nd, '07, 10:56

As much as I love Kame and Jin as singers, I really must grate on about Gokusen 2

The first thought I had after watching the first episode was: Are they really living in the same timeline as the first one?! o__O Did Yankumi suddenly get a bout of amnesia?! There was absolutely no connection with Gokusen 1. Head Teacher Sawatari is still as insufferable as ever and somehow completely forgot Yankumi had tackled a bunch of similar delinquents a few years earlier and succeeded and therefore still continues to doubt Yankumi's skill. I'd have thought maybe Sawatari could've helped but he was still in there to cause trouble.

Also...complete new love?! Whaat? What happened to your precious Shinohara-san from Gokusen 1 Yankumi? Are you really that fickle? I just find it weird Yankumi also never mentions Shinohara, Fujiyama or Kawashima ever in the new series

I was basically listing down all the chances to put in a Shin or Class 3D reference but there was none. Heck, even Kuma forgot! I half expected Kuma to crack a joke about how Hayato or Ryu was just like Shin-chan or something but that, obviously, never came. Yankumi also never happened to notice she had been assigned a class of deliquents with the same name as the last 3D she had.

The episodes were repetitive and, really, you'd think Yankumi might've learnt a thing or two about Class 3Ds and used some examples to help teach her new students. @__@;; Yes, maybe MatsuJun was too busy doing HYD1 to make a cameo but they could've used "flashbacks" from the first series to at least make us feel like Gokusen 2 is a sequel instead of some spin-off show.

Other than that, here's a list of dramas where I watched the first episode, winced and then watched the last episode and that was it.

1. Sapuri
2. Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
3. Attention Please

Sakuranantogay

Post by Sakuranantogay » Jul 2nd, '07, 14:03

Hmmm, in my opinion the worst motherscratching drama ever made is ganbatte ikimasshoi. Oh, lord! It was just so mothertrucking bad. That fat chie-chan motherfather and her cheesy butt problems, wth? Some people might say "it's so cool! ryo was so hot", but who cares, there are male drama watchers out there too, and we don't give a flying dogs biscuit about ryo.

Other wack dramas are densha otoko, waterboys, majo no jouken, dance drill and mukodono 2003. I really hope the first mukodono is way better than the 2003 one. Densha otoko made me fall asleep, so I haven't finished it. The only thing i liked about it was oguri shun. The main character was so friggin boring and annoying. Water boys is so overrated, didn't like it at all. Just a bunch of annoying characters trying to do the most boring water sport to date. Majo no jouken, haven't finished it, but holy cow. It's just so stiff and plain.. Dance drill, hmmm, the only good thing about it was suzuki carlos saburota. He was funny xD
Last edited by Sakuranantogay on Jul 2nd, '07, 22:47, edited 2 times in total.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 2nd, '07, 14:50

Sakuranantogay, try to cuss less, k?

ladyusagi

Post by ladyusagi » Jul 2nd, '07, 18:37

wasn't gokusen 2 made way before hyd1?

Sakuranantogay

Post by Sakuranantogay » Jul 2nd, '07, 22:49

Fixed it.

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Jul 3rd, '07, 00:16

for me,
gachibaka and gokusen 2 is quite boring.
i dont know why but this type of story (excpet GTO) cannot make me excited..
maybe i watched to much dorama and get used to the story already.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 3rd, '07, 02:04

Sakuranantogay wrote:
Fixed it.
good ^_^

Simaldeff

Post by Simaldeff » Jul 3rd, '07, 18:29

Teppan shoujo Akane!!!! The most boring dorama I watched ...
This season Hotelier is the most boring thing I tried ...

I generally follow what I read around the forum (if I see something a lot of nice post in D-addicts it might be good) but I didn't do it for Hotelier and Teppan Shoujo Akane ... I just wanted to see Aya's and Maki's ... but the Hotelier costume didn't even sweat Aya and Akane was a ridiculous story.
Even if they are not "quality" doramas , some dramas still have fun ... some don't even have that.

I'm going to download (or try as you don't have many seeds on those) Unfair ... because I liked the protagonist in Anego ... will see.

To measure my understanding of "quality" in the j-dorama world : For me the best doramas are
IWGP !!! the best PERIOD ever (it made me want to live in Ikebukuro one day). Yamapi + Nagase + Watanabe + Koyuki + Kato Ai + Tsumabaki Satoshi + Kubozuka Yosuke ... SOMEONE PLEASE STOP ME!!!!
Tiger & Dragon !!!! awesome
... *searching not to list another Nagase dorama to not show I love the guy*
Ah! ... Engine ! Revelation of Ueno Juri + Koyuki + Kimutaku ... what does people need to be happier? I can't see what.
Kisarazu cat's eyes! Really funny AND touching

If there is one you think it's a must see (like IWGP, GTO or that kind of level) ... PM me and tell me the title.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 8th, '07, 05:29

ilovedrama wrote:Worst Jdrama ---> Hana Yori Dango.

Way way overrated, the mother of all cliches. Rich kid bullies the poor kid in the beginning and fell in love with his/her target by the end. Took place in high school to boot. Wonder if the director had to pay a royalty fee to the manga artist in order to license the Hana Yori Dango title? If he did, then it's kind of stupid to pay for licensing a cliche storyline.

Now about the show, lame jokes abound remember Heminyah... Lousy acting. I'm lost for words seeing Oguri Shun sitting cross-legged like a girl while batting his eyes and grating oranges.

We all know why the show's popular, it's because fangirls/boys like how pretty Oguri Shun & Matsumoto Jun are. Have those two locked in a room bouncing a ball up and down for 9-10 episodes and there still be tons of fangirls swooning over the show.

Anyhow the sad part in all of this is we are sending the message to the producers that they don't have to write interesting, original stories. Instead just pick some lame cliche storyline and cast some pretty boys/girls and voila you got a "masterpiece".

What a slap in the face it must be to other hardworking & talented actors/actresses who may not be young & pretty to see such a lame show as Hana Yori Dango getting all the attention. Might as well get plastic surgery to look younger & more beautiful because it seems that's what the audience really wants. Why bother working hard anymore. Alright enough of my Hana Yori Dango hating but just got to get this off of my chest :)
I should go to this thread more often if I knew there's someone who could read my mind like that ^___^

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 8th, '07, 13:47

i couldn't agree with those who say that hyd is the worst jdrama... it's actually the first jdrama i've ever watched, and it's one of the reasons why i'm addicted to jdramas now... but i'm not saying it's the best though...

i like kame and all, but somehow i couldn't watch sapuri... i don't know why...

blue_shoe

Post by blue_shoe » Jul 9th, '07, 09:28

Ok, i'm a new comer to dorama, always had been a kdrama freak. I haven't seen that much but here's my list..

Started but iono if I should keep going(maybe yall can tell me lol :lol...LIST
Sekai no Chuushin de - When i saw the grandfather was getting all emotion with his first love's ASH! that's right! he went and dug up her ASH and was all feeling up on it. I was like WTF is this.
Beautiful Life - Seen 3 ep so far but got boring. Not to offend anyone, but the moment i see the main actress being handicapped, I knew I may not like the drama. I guess I'm not into all that look-at-how-society-is-treating-impaired-people.
Summer Snow - Seen 1st ep, but it is so boring already. Again this show deals with impaired people. He lied to her about his illness, sounds like what people do these days over the internet to meet up with girls, I don't feel sorry for him at all.
One Litre of Tears - Girl born with disease.....OMG damnit. This show has such high rating on Daddict and jdorama....
Liar Game - This genre of drama is just too weird...iono, main girl is cute...

The ones I liked LIST
Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love) - My first dorama, a friend recommended me, loved it, got me all emotional. BEST THEME SONG EVER!
Hano Yori Dango 1 & 2 - Although I like season 2 much better, overall this drama good, Inoue is so hot. It has all that cute, heartbreaking, and awww scenes.
Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love) - WOW WOW WOW, one of the best dramas I've ever seen counting all my Kdramas and Jdramas. Main girl is so cute, in the first few minutes my eyes were glued to the screen of her in the wedding gown and Ken-zou wishing he could go back to change all his mistakes to marry her...WISH GRANTED!

Waiting to be seen LIST
Nobuta wo Produce
Good Luck
Orange Days

If you share my interests or non-interests please point out from the "waiting to be seen" list which I should or should not watch :D ANY new recommendations would also be nice.

Lastly, sry for my wordy post, is it just me or all jdrama guy actors anorexic?

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Jul 9th, '07, 09:52

anna-san no omame, soooooooo annoying to watch :cussing: :cussing:
I don't really like that actress(becky) either :P
and waterboys I also dislike, so boring, same with sapuri...

unlike other ppl here, I really enjoyed kimi wa petto & summer snow, they're two fo my favs :cry:

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Jul 9th, '07, 17:10

My pick for worst dramas in no particular order:

1. Nobuta wo Produce
2. Nodame Cantabile (I wanted to like this series. It has Ueno Juri and classical music, which I both love. But it was just...really, really, boring.)
3. Enka no Joou
4. SOS
5. Majo no Jouken (I don't know why people are gushing over this so much! Both leads cannot act. And the plot is ridiculous.)
6. Densha Otoko (managed to finish watching, but didn't find it interesting AT ALL. The main premise is exciting, but the execution was mediocre at best.)
7. Orange Days (The scriptwriter did this story before, and much better in her '96 drama "Aishiteiru to Itte Kure" (Tell Me that You Love Me))

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Jul 9th, '07, 17:20

oceansportrait wrote:My pick for worst dramas in no particular order:

1. Nobuta wo Produce
2. Nodame Cantabile (I wanted to like this series. It has Ueno Juri and classical music, which I both love. But it was just...really, really, boring.)
3. Enka no Joou
4. SOS
5. Majo no Jouken (I don't know why people are gushing over this so much! Both leads cannot act. And the plot is ridiculous.)
6. Densha Otoko (managed to finish watching, but didn't find it interesting AT ALL. The main premise is exciting, but the execution was mediocre at best.)
7. Orange Days (The scriptwriter did this story before, and much better in her '96 drama "Aishiteiru to Itte Kure" (Tell Me that You Love Me))
Nobuta wo Produce and Majo no Jouken on the worst drama list?
May I ask you about your top 7 dramas? Just curious :-)

amz_dreamz

Post by amz_dreamz » Jul 9th, '07, 18:19

my WORST J-Drama that i watch list... here it goes...

Teppan Shoujo Akane - Maki-chan is the reason why i watch but totally regret it... do you need some HADOKEN to cook okonomiyaki?

Love Complex - tot having Sorimachi n Yoshino Kimura in it will make it good drama to watch... but too COMPLEX, make it boring...

Gokusen2 - worst drama ever? got my vote

Sailorfuku to Kikanjuu - seems Yakuza but too naive to use those machinegun... wasting my time, the only good thing in it was Masami wearing sailor uniform

Slow Dance - better name it Slow Drama, don't watch it pls

Nobuta, Nurse Aoi, Densha Otoko was great but quite slow... so many thought it were boring

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 9th, '07, 18:46

blue_shoe wrote:Ok, i'm a new comer to dorama, always had been a kdrama freak. I haven't seen that much but here's my list..

Started but iono if I should keep going(maybe yall can tell me lol :lol...LIST
Sekai no Chuushin de - When i saw the grandfather was getting all emotion with his first love's ASH! that's right! he went and dug up her ASH and was all feeling up on it. I was like WTF is this.
Beautiful Life - Seen 3 ep so far but got boring. Not to offend anyone, but the moment i see the main actress being handicapped, I knew I may not like the drama. I guess I'm not into all that look-at-how-society-is-treating-impaired-people.
Summer Snow - Seen 1st ep, but it is so boring already. Again this show deals with impaired people. He lied to her about his illness, sounds like what people do these days over the internet to meet up with girls, I don't feel sorry for him at all.
One Litre of Tears - Girl born with disease.....OMG damnit. This show has such high rating on Daddict and jdorama....
Liar Game - This genre of drama is just too weird...iono, main girl is cute...

The ones I liked LIST
Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love) - My first dorama, a friend recommended me, loved it, got me all emotional. BEST THEME SONG EVER!
Hano Yori Dango 1 & 2 - Although I like season 2 much better, overall this drama good, Inoue is so hot. It has all that cute, heartbreaking, and awww scenes.
Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love) - WOW WOW WOW, one of the best dramas I've ever seen counting all my Kdramas and Jdramas. Main girl is so cute, in the first few minutes my eyes were glued to the screen of her in the wedding gown and Ken-zou wishing he could go back to change all his mistakes to marry her...WISH GRANTED!

Waiting to be seen LIST
Nobuta wo Produce
Good Luck
Orange Days

If you share my interests or non-interests please point out from the "waiting to be seen" list which I should or should not watch :D ANY new recommendations would also be nice.

Lastly, sry for my wordy post, is it just me or all jdrama guy actors anorexic?

Hm.. I liked HYD and PD.. so i don't know if we have the same taste.
I loved 1 Litre of tears and Nobuta wo Produce. you should check the out. I thought NWP was weird at first (esp. yamapi's charcter) but it's very addicting.. and i grew to like yamapi through his unusual character.

worst? Kimi wo petto. I thought the story was weird. Why in the world would you have a guy as a pet :blink. ?? and why in the world would a guy agree to it :O . I watched to for Jun..but it was too weird for me. It was one of those dramas i just deleted after skimming through it.

Me2

Post by Me2 » Jul 10th, '07, 23:38

people are going to get me for this, but i couldnt stand kurosagi...i only watched it for yamapi and Horikita Maki ^^;;

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Jul 11th, '07, 10:30

I didn't like Proposal Daisakusen :D I watched the whole series (bcz of Yamapi), and cried etc (bcz I felt sooo sorry for Ken). I hated it bcz I thought Rei was such a b** for telling Ken (and smiling the whole time, grrr) that she decided to date that tada-sensei, even though she must've known his feelings. I felt like slapping her then :s I wouldn't recommend that series to anyone, just bcz I hate it

onlyonce

Post by onlyonce » Jul 11th, '07, 16:48

ojouprincess wrote:i couldn't agree with those who say that hyd is the worst jdrama... it's actually the first jdrama i've ever watched, and it's one of the reasons why i'm addicted to jdramas now... but i'm not saying it's the best though...

i like kame and all, but somehow i couldn't watch sapuri... i don't know why...
Yeah Sapuri was hard for me to get through, I basically only kept watching because of Kame :wub: ,but I found it a little boring. However, HYD was great, but sometimes it was hard for me to watch more than one ep at a time because of all the DRAMA! haha, everything was so packed in.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 11th, '07, 16:57

My votes go to Either Kurosagi ( Sorry Yamashita <3 ) or the jp version of Hana Kimi so far.

That's really about it , I've liked every other show I've gotten , I watch more korean dramas than anything.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 11th, '07, 20:45

I'm gonna have to agree about Proposal Daisakusen. I really liked it in the beginning, and I did like members of the supporting cast. However, as the series stretched on, it became a chore trying to get through another episode of Rei being a shrew while Kenzo feels sorry for himself and goes off to cry again. Plots repeated over and over without resulting in any decent character development. Characters with good potential were squandered. Then the ending was completely WTF!
Confessing at someone's wedding reception is in terribly poor taste, and I don't believe for a second that Kenzo was saying it to put his feelings in the past. He told the yousei that much. That was his Hail Mary pass, since Kenzo never could do anything before the last second! The lunacy of having the wedding reception applaud that tacky speech was just the ultimate in stupidity.
So by the end they destroyed two characters who intially had interesting potential, and they still couldn't give the romance any decent payoff for all the pointless moping you had to endure.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Jul 12th, '07, 08:39

I'd have to count Gokusen 2. I was watching the first few episodes and then I thought "wait... I've seen this before..." The plot was absolutely not new. I felt like I was watching a 100% remake of the first Gokusen, just with different co-stars.

Teppan Shoujo Akane... dear god... It made me stop watching any drama with Horikita. I mean, she convinced me with Nobuta wo Produce (pleasent surprise after her being one of the Zenigata sisters earlier (and, no matter how successful the Zenigata series is, I can't take it seriously)), but then comes Akane... yikes... Was there even a plot in it? Ok, I saw lots of food. But that's not a plot. If I want to see lots of food I get some travel guid videos showing a couple of onsen, there's lots of local food in those, too.

Another one would be Attack No. 1. Oh god... Ueto annoyed the hell out of me. She did really good performances in other productions, but in this one... ugh... And that title song... oh dear god! Mind you, the song itself wasn't too bad but then... Ueto's voice "I'm crying because I'm a girl"... WTF?!

Remote. Ok, Kyoko in police uniform, yes, that was not just cute, that was smoking hot. BUT... in EVERY episode she ended up whining "I DON'T WANT TO DIIIIIIE!!!! I'M GETTING MARRIED SOOOOOON!" Oh merciful... Really, I ended up hoping that someone would eventually kill her just to end the whining.

One Liter of Tears. Left me unimpressed. Completely unimpressed. I don't get the hype. Sawajiri absolutely didn't catch my attention (possibly due to the fact that I had just seen her "performance" in "Shinobi", and her Hotarubi... just sucked (just like the rest of the movie, but still, such a lame-ass Hotarubi... blargh... Kuriyama Chiaki would have kicked ass)). The plot... shoot me. I have no problem with cheesy, but this was too much for me to take. And then comes that other drama where Sawajiri AGAIN had some sort of lethal disease... BLARGH! Script wirters, show some originality for penguin's sake!

rikimaru1

Post by rikimaru1 » Jul 13th, '07, 09:21

I'd have to agree on Kurosagi. I watched it after Nobuta, but totally couldn't buy that Yamapi & Horikita were playing 20-somethings right after playing high school students! At the least, though, the plot kept me interested...different examples of swindling.

Hmm...sounds like many people have voted against Gokusen 2....I'd better stay away from that one...

Yotsuba

Post by Yotsuba » Jul 13th, '07, 09:29

Summer Snow & Majo no Jouken
i don't like romantic dramas sorry :/

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 13th, '07, 15:39

ryoko11 wrote:I'm gonna have to agree about Proposal Daisakusen. I really liked it in the beginning, and I did like members of the supporting cast. However, as the series stretched on, it became a chore trying to get through another episode of Rei being a shrew while Kenzo feels sorry for himself and goes off to cry again. Plots repeated over and over without resulting in any decent character development. Characters with good potential were squandered. Then the ending was completely WTF!
for the first four episodes, i was really hooked but then it became really dragging... i wanted to knock kenzo on the head because he's already been given so many chances yet he still couldn't do anything... how pathetic... anyway, i just kept on watching because of yamapi, and i was also hoping that at least the ending would be good but it wasn't very satisfying...

and as for kurosagi, i couldn't finish the first episode because i got bored... it's frustrating because i like yamapi... :wub:

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Jul 13th, '07, 16:05

ojouprincess wrote: for the first four episodes, i was really hooked but then it became really dragging... i wanted to knock kenzo on the head because he's already been given so many chances yet he still couldn't do anything... how pathetic... anyway, i just kept on watching because of yamapi, and i was also hoping that at least the ending would be good but it wasn't very satisfying...
I have to agree. Proposal Dai-nantoka (see? I cant even remember the title) would be my choice of the worst drama I've seen so far....It's okay if it was a 3-4 episodes but its a No-No when they'll be doing the same thing for the whole episodes.
Its suffering from a repetitive pattern, Ken has to go back to his past and he has to change his past. And he failed for ten times, for God sake!! If I were the fairy, I would not waste my time on this stupid guy. He cant do anything to change his past and in the end, he said he will only rely on what happens in present for his future. I would definitely whack him right on his head if I were the fairy guy. 10 times on failure..that was just more than enough.

And in the end, he confessed to that girl (what was the name again? Srsly I forgot already) in front of the guests and the couple about his feelings all these times. Thats just absurd. Not nice.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 13th, '07, 16:58

I actually liked Proposal. I think what was holding the show back was not Ken , but Rei. She never game him a chance at all. She was kind of a **** as well. I did not like her character.

I liked it , I do admit it dragged from eps 5 - 7 but overall I liked the idea , and it was shot well and the acting was really good. They didn't explain the ending at all though , so I was kinda miffed with that. >.>

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Jul 13th, '07, 17:26

i liked proposal but i didn't luv it. I hated Rei!!! she was a **** and i thought she asked too much of Ken. :glare: i liked the idea and the bridal theme and the whole look of the drama but it dissapointed me. i think they could've done so much more with the story and not make it so repetitive or at least make Rei more understanding,

i don't think this was the worst drama for me but diffinitely the most disappointing for me

namie

Post by namie » Jul 13th, '07, 17:51

Worst doramas for me:

SOS awful!!!! :alcoholic:
Majo no jouken :glare:

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Jul 13th, '07, 18:37

Hmm I'm surprised I haven't seen Gal circle on this thread yet or maybe its just me that hates it...I dunno the story line was just so dumb to me i couldn't even get through the first episode...Long Vacation I also didn't like made it to 3 episodes and i just couldn't take it anymore as with Hero for some reason i cant seem to stay awake to finish the first episode

BUT! I absolutely loved Kisarazu Cat's Eye :cheers: *does yassai mossai* :P

AfricanBean

Post by AfricanBean » Jul 13th, '07, 23:16

Hmm, difficult question. Take whatever everyone thinks are the best three dramas, and for me those are the worst three. I'm going to be all non-conformist and cool. :P

Joking aside Gokusen 2 was fairly meh. Then again I tend to forget the ones I really don't like, so I'm probably forgetting a worse one. :mrgreen:

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Jul 14th, '07, 19:43

Teppan Shoujo Akane is definately boring. I usually finish every dorama i watch but this was too boring. I couldnt even make myself finish it.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 14th, '07, 19:48

1. Nobuta wo Produce
3. Enka no Joou
4. SOS
NOBUTA WO PRODUCE, NODAME CANTABILE, DENSHA OTOKO: i think these are some of the MUST SEE dramas!

Fleet

Post by Fleet » Jul 14th, '07, 23:39

spokeydokey00 wrote:

1. Nobuta wo Produce
3. Enka no Joou
4. SOS
NOBUTA WO PRODUCE, NODAME CANTABILE, DENSHA OTOKO: i think these are some of the MUST SEE dramas!
I agree with you too. Nobuta and Nodame are good o__o! Except I don't agree with Densha. That one was really boring for me too. Gawd, I couldn't even stand the first episode and stopped.

queequeg

Post by queequeg » Jul 15th, '07, 00:05

Well thank goodness I'm not the only one with Densha Otoko on their list. I liked the premise, but they ruined it with the lead character. Unattractive, fine. Otaku, no prob. But all that mewling and cringing. Ick!!!! At least give him some good characteristics. I finished it since everyone seemed to love it. Don't understand.

The other two I really hated were
SOS and
Remote (the only series I never finished).
The common thing here is Fukada Kyoko. nuf said IMHO.

Everyone's tastes are really different.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 15th, '07, 02:10

i can understand people's dislike for Densha Otoko. I gave it a shot because of all the hype and itoh misaki was in it. I ended up really liking it., I thought it was funny. I really loved all the different types of characters that were helping him out on the forum. I will say that Itoh Atsushi was a times annoying as Densha Otoko. Yamada Takayuki did a far better job as Densha Otoko in the movie version. They should have just kept him.

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Jul 16th, '07, 13:14

I usually try to watch the whole drama even if its getting bad fast. Not that I haven't just thrown in the towel once or twice before I killed myself.

That said, the worst dramas I watched to the end are:

The Stalker ( Hinagata Akiko ) though I must say, I watched this to the end because of how incredibly bad and hilarious it was in its absurdity! Not the intended effect, I 'm sure.

Garasu no kutsu- ( Glass Slipper.) This actually started out ok but was terrible by the end! Felt like I had to cleanse my soul after this horrible drama!

Happy Mania. Pure eye candy and absolutely vacuous! If Fujiwara Norika wasn't in it I never would have endured it!

P. A. Private Actress- WTF was the point of this show? An actress that has a special talent, uses it to help people as a stand-in in their real lives? I repeat....WTF?!

redkittygal

Post by redkittygal » Jul 16th, '07, 13:23

i almost made the mistake of getting through an entire episode of love revolution :scratch: .... i wanted to scratch my eyes out :goggle: after seeing it for like 20 minutes... worst experience ever :cussing: :crazy: :cry:

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Jul 16th, '07, 18:29

Hana Yori Dango was cliched, but fun to watch in my opinion. I didn't enjoy the second season as much as the first though. The one drama that really disappointed me was 14 Sai no Haha, I really expected more from the drama. I was hooked on the drama because I was watching it as it aired, but on the whole, it actually bored me. The main girl's naive sense of the world irritated me like crazy. However, I loved the theme song, which is what kept me watching the drama, I'm sure if the characters actually showed some maturation, [or if they were older] then I would have enjoyed the series more.

However, I'm still pissed that
they do it in the first ep, come on...Running away from bullies and then ending up in a private area? Then the whole looking so detached when they were together, no real chemistry at all...

Kimi wa Petto was cute, but the ending irritated me...
He gave up going to a dance school in Europe to be with her....giving up his "rights as a human" why couldn't they just get together if they really liked each other?

Another drama that disappointed me was Anego...
she does it with two guys, supposedly breaks up a family, and then ends up alone....I guess she'll never get married...Plus, without the younger guy, the drama was dull.

I'll continue watching dramas though, they give me something to do. :roll
Last edited by Eziya Minamoto on Jul 26th, '07, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.

KamichamaN

Post by KamichamaN » Jul 16th, '07, 18:49

Fleet wrote:
spokeydokey00 wrote:

1. Nobuta wo Produce
3. Enka no Joou
4. SOS
I agree with you too. Nobuta and Nodame are good o__o! Except I don't agree with Densha. That one was really boring for me too. Gawd, I couldn't even stand the first episode and stopped.
Oh my Goodness! I agree with you guys, Nodame and Nobuta were GREAT. In fact, they're those dramas that are generally well liked and even put on Must See lists.

I don't like Himitsu no Hanazono, stand up!, or the new hanakimi drama.
the first two bored me and hanakimi is so much of a deviation from the original that I can't get past it. Its only saving graces are Horikita Maki and Oguri Shun. Idunno, maybe I would hav liked it better if I hadn't read the manga

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 17th, '07, 06:24

Eziya Minamoto wrote:
Another drama that disappointed me was Anego...
she does it with two guys, supposedly breaks up a family, and then ends up alone....I guess she'll never get married...

I'll continue watching dramas though, they give me something to do. :roll
But...
she learns Mongolian to be with what's his name (Jin's character). They like each other.. and if you watch the special you can infer that she'll be with Jin at the end. My thing about that show is... way too many love affairs happening in one office. But Anego ended up being one of my fav. dramas despite all those affairs.
Archaenon wrote:I actually liked Proposal. I think what was holding the show back was not Ken , but Rei. She never game him a chance at all. She was kind of a **** as well. I did not like her character.

I liked it , I do admit it dragged from eps 5 - 7 but overall I liked the idea , and it was shot well and the acting was really good. They didn't explain the ending at all though , so I was kinda miffed with that. >.>
HAHA exactly! I didn't think Rei worked hard enough.. There's only so many times you can give the guy an evil glare and hopefully he'll telepathically know your feelings. I thought he was really sweet (lol but then again i'm still on ep. 7 or 8 >_< i don't wanna watch the
confession.