War Of Money / Money's Warfare (SBS, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.

How do you rate the drama?

10/10
51%
9/10
29%
8/10
11%
7/10
3%
6/10
6%

Total votes: 35

arabian

War Of Money / Money's Warfare (SBS, 2007)

Post by arabian » Jun 8th, '07, 17:09

War Of Money..SBS 2007

Staring:

Park Shin Yang as Geum Na Ra

Park Jin Hee as Seo Joo Hee

Shin Dong Wook as Ha Woo Sung

Kim Jung Hwa as Lee Cha Yeon

Synposis:

Geum Na Ra (Park Shin Yang) is a ruthless private moneylender. Seo Joo Hee (Park Jin Hee) is a righteous woman. When problems with her family's debts arise, Joo Hee was supposed to marry a divorced man to solve her family's financial problems. But on the day of the wedding, Geum Na Ra shows up to collect the debts and ends up ruining her plans. Joo Hee vows to take her revenge on him but she falls in love with him instead. Ha Woo Sung (Shin Dong Wook), also a moneylender, is a handsome young man who seem to have no worries in life. He and Geum Na Ra are rivals, in business and in love. Lee Cha Yeon (Kim Jung Hwa) is a money banker.

Adapted from Park Yi Kwon's manhwa, "War of Money"

( DramaWiki)..

This drama get the highest Rate :

Date Episode Nationwide Seoul
2007-05-16 1 17.3 (5th) 18.8 (4th)
2007-05-17 2 23.3 (2nd) 25.2 (2nd)
2007-05-23 3 26.5 (2nd) 29.4 (1st)
2007-05-24 4 28.8 (2nd) 30.9 (1st)
2007-05-30 5 27.3 (2nd) 28.7 (1st)
2007-05-31 6 30.5 (1st) 32.3 (1st)
2007-06-06 7 33.5 (1st) 35.2 (1st)
2007-06-07 8 31.9 (1st) 33.2 (1st)
2007-06-13 9 33.4 (1st) 35.6 (1st)
2007-06-14 10 34.6 (1st) 37.1 (1st)
2007-06-20 11 34.6 (1st) 36.7 (1st)
2007-06-21 12 35.3 (1st) 35.9 (1st)
2007-06-27 13 34.3 (1st) 36.5 (1st)
2007-06-28 14 34.2 (1st) 36.0 (1st)
2007-07-04 15 34.5 (1st) 36.3 (1st)
2007-07-05 16 36.0 (1st) 37.3 (1st)

Offical Website
Last edited by arabian on Jul 8th, '07, 16:57, edited 4 times in total.

Pink Rose

Post by Pink Rose » Jun 8th, '07, 18:42

well after watching the first 4 ep I must say I'm really impressed by this drama no wonder the ratings are high
the cast is great and the ost is awesome it fits the drama now I'll give it a 9/10 waiting for the rest of the episodes i think my rating will get higher :D

evil4ever

Post by evil4ever » Jun 11th, '07, 16:55

i didn’t watch it yet but i am downloading it for the summer :P but i catch some scenes in this drama and Park Jin Hee acting is ..... no comment :roll :wub: :w00t: :thumright:

~Malak~

Post by ~Malak~ » Jun 17th, '07, 14:05

this drama is awsome
i watched till now the 5first episodes, and i liked it alot
it's so different from all kdramas i watched before
and the most important there is Park Shin Yang in it, i liked him alot in lovers in paris, and now here he is with a total different role that suits him perfectly
Last edited by ~Malak~ on Jun 19th, '07, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Jun 18th, '07, 23:28

i finished watching ep 9 yesterday. i was totally hanging onto the table =O
its sooo exciting. its like =O

its an awesome drama

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Jun 18th, '07, 23:53

simply BEST DRAMA OF THE YEAR....park shin yang and park jin hee is so great in here...

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 19th, '07, 14:51

angelcoolz wrote:simply BEST DRAMA OF THE YEAR....park shin yang and park jin hee is so great in here...
I couldn't agree more.. :thumright:

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Jul 14th, '07, 22:59

i dont understand the bonus rounds... what happened to all the original actors/actresses? =O

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 15th, '07, 15:02

asiangirldee wrote:i dont understand the bonus rounds... what happened to all the original actors/actresses? =O
They change some actrors & they change also thier characters..It's definetly like a new drama with different stroy & cast but the same idea..

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Jul 15th, '07, 17:16

arabian wrote:
asiangirldee wrote:i dont understand the bonus rounds... what happened to all the original actors/actresses? =O
They change some actrors & they change also thier characters..It's definetly like a new drama with different stroy & cast but the same idea..
ooohh... i c. thanx =D
hope its as good as the first 16 episodes

ksp

War of Money

Post by ksp » Jul 18th, '07, 10:11

I have loved watching this drama. Although the first two episodes were really hard to sit through i stuck at it because i really liked the cast. And i'm glad that i did because it got much better and surprisingly enjoyable albeit a bit dark. But why that ending? Everything was great until the final scene! Why? Why? Why?
Having expressed my frustration i still think that it definitely is worth watching.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 19th, '07, 10:09

oh no. please dont tell me it's bad ending....
i'm loving this drama so far (until ep 10). many hilarious moments. i like park shin young in paris lovers and his actiing is even better in money warfare. so comical!
and i also like the "middle east" buddy guy. he's really cute and always willing to do anything.

tho the plot are many times unblievable e.g. which hospital must get u pay for operation before doing it? the bill always come after right? how can he work for ma for such a long time without bumping into the other 2 folks? why ma, considered to be the biggest loan shark in the area, has no other helper at all? y the h*ll the dan po girl put the cdrom in an *unlocked drawer in the *bank? the most dangerous place is not necessary the saftest... i cant believe she did not destroy it after decided not to sell her soul......
but but considering it's a manga story, i just accept them.

the only sore to the eye is that ma tong po. he looks really awful yet there's so much time on him.... omg. in what's up fox i also din like him in the beginning but at least found him cute later esp his relationship with the young sister. but here, i just can't stand the site of him.

FoolyDooly

Post by FoolyDooly » Jul 19th, '07, 14:12

For those that complained about the ending; Chun-e-junjang has been four-episode extended, until today (in Korea). Those episode had been titled "BONUS ROUND" instead of continuing the episode number, so it is 20 episode total.

I will upload RAW for you guys soon, once I get all four episode batched up.

FoolyDooly

Post by FoolyDooly » Jul 29th, '07, 03:00

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_51277.htm

Kept my promise and uploaded the manhwa raw. Enjoy. :) Sorry for the double post.

babyvox99

War of Money Ending *Spoiler Warning*

Post by babyvox99 » Jul 31st, '07, 00:01

Does anyone understand the ending to War of Money? I don't mean the bonus rounds either. The 16th episode shows Geum-Nara getting hit in the back of the head by Ma-Dongpo. Then thats it. The bonus rounds are a totally different story with different people and doesn't explain the ending to episode 16.

Does this frustrate anyone? I was hoping for some closure to the drama, not some random spinoff to the series. Is the ending supposed to be "choose your own?" Because the bonus round starts with Geum Nara in some kind of tentative relationship with some other girl. And the house that that old grandma used to live in is now housed by some other old lady. Nothing about the wedding or his status at Blue Angel or wherever.

What are your thoughts?

solipsis

Post by solipsis » Jul 31st, '07, 00:13

the ending was rushed and irrational; numerous issues were not addressed. it appears as if the director needed to kill someone off in order to pander to kdrama stereotypes. is this any way to respect the viewers? i don't think so. whether it's meant to be tragic or not, this dramas has one of the worst endings ever.

babyvox99

Post by babyvox99 » Jul 31st, '07, 01:03

I agree, the weirdest ending since "Something happened in Bali."

Any other takers?

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 31st, '07, 09:21

psy acting is really great! i liked him in lovers in Paris, but he's even better here! he's so many expressions and gestures and making it so fun and hilarious!

FoolyDooly

Post by FoolyDooly » Jul 31st, '07, 10:55

It's because manhwa is not finished, so they probably didn't wanted to take open-ending...

uglyamerican

Post by uglyamerican » Aug 1st, '07, 08:54

This was one of the best dramas that's came out in quite some time.........right up till the last 2 minutes....The ending gave no closure, unless you just go with he's dead.......Oh and the bonus rounds do nothing towards the storyline.......it's really a whole different cast............so don't look for closure there..........Once again, my ONLY complaint with Korean dramas, is the tendency to stretch the story, hurry the ending, and leave the viewer with a string of ?????????? over their head.........

mig1

Post by mig1 » Aug 4th, '07, 05:36

So seeing how Episode 16 ended, and the fact that the manhwa still isn't finished, how likely do you guys think there will be a second season to this?

It's been bothering me, I am just curious if they are going to follow up the ending with the conclusion of the manhwa, etc.

mig1

Post by mig1 » Aug 4th, '07, 21:33

So what is the likelyhood of this coming back for a second season once the manhwa is finished?

NaNa973

Post by NaNa973 » Aug 16th, '07, 13:35

I really loved this drama. :wub: It's now one of my favorite.

The ending was quite... surprising but the bonus round made me really happy :P

conmeocho

Post by conmeocho » Aug 21st, '07, 09:26

same as above, it was ok...i didn't like how he went money money money...the ending...grrrr. the bonus rounds really didn't make sense with me.

bigcuanh

Post by bigcuanh » Aug 23rd, '07, 17:51

The male lead screams too much instead of acting. As for the female lead, she's cute but she tries too much :-(

The story turned gay after he steals President Ma's money. However i loved how he died at the end! really got what he deserved.

OVERALL THIS DRAMA IS OVERRATEDDDDDDDDDDD :cussing:

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 11th, '08, 00:02

The first thing that impressed me was acting. Actually from the first scene I really started liking the main guy. Park Shin Yang... he is somehow a very lovable actor. At first I thought that I didn't know the cast much but then I found out that I have seen many of them before. Actually I'm seeing main cast first time except Kim Jung Hwa (whom I saw in 1% of anything) but when it comes to extended cast I have seen almost all of them before. SO far I really like the cast. Their acting is pretty natural. The only one I don't like is Na Ra's sister <_< useless crybaby.

I have only seen 1st episode and it really seem scrazy. This drama really revolves around money. I'm sure it's gonna be about money, money, money and money. And I don't think it's anything new... actually many Kdramas are about money, debts etc. But I gotta really pity Na Ra. If I were him I would have gone crazy
I think it's too much misfortune for only 1 episode. First the debt, then his dad goes missing, loan sharks harrash him, then he get's kicked out of his job and his mom get's hospitalized, he is broke and doesn't have money for operation, he has to break up with his girlfriend, his fater commits suicide and then his mom dies too... I just wondered about Na Ra's dad's debt. He leased his organs too right? Then shouldn't loans sharks decrease Na Ra's debt now that his dad is dead? They can still sell his organs.
and preview of next episode seemed crazy xD I'm really looking forward to it.

Still I kind of feel that this drama might be hilarious.

nooblet245

Post by nooblet245 » May 11th, '08, 13:52

maakopla wrote:The first thing that impressed me was acting. Actually from the first scene I really started liking the main guy. Park Shin Yang... he is somehow a very lovable actor. At first I thought that I didn't know the cast much but then I found out that I have seen many of them before. Actually I'm seeing main cast first time except Kim Jung Hwa (whom I saw in 1% of anything) but when it comes to extended cast I have seen almost all of them before. SO far I really like the cast. Their acting is pretty natural. The only one I don't like is Na Ra's sister <_< useless crybaby.

I have only seen 1st episode and it really seem scrazy. This drama really revolves around money. I'm sure it's gonna be about money, money, money and money. And I don't think it's anything new... actually many Kdramas are about money, debts etc. But I gotta really pity Na Ra. If I were him I would have gone crazy
I think it's too much misfortune for only 1 episode. First the debt, then his dad goes missing, loan sharks harrash him, then he get's kicked out of his job and his mom get's hospitalized, he is broke and doesn't have money for operation, he has to break up with his girlfriend, his fater commits suicide and then his mom dies too... I just wondered about Na Ra's dad's debt. He leased his organs too right? Then shouldn't loans sharks decrease Na Ra's debt now that his dad is dead? They can still sell his organs.
and preview of next episode seemed crazy xD I'm really looking forward to it.

Still I kind of feel that this drama might be hilarious.
lol i still remember the first ep up to this day especially how the last sequence with KJH and PSY played out.. it was so awesome!

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 13th, '08, 09:47

Here is a more detailed rant:

Have I been enjoying this show? Hell yes. First 7 episodes just flew by and now I'm gonna watch ep 8. I didn't even read synopsis that well before watching because it seemed so cool. After watching some romantic comedies any action drama could pull me over and since Air City didn't have any seeders... I will NOT regret watching this drama. It really has become one of my favorites. Though it's early to say so, I'm not halfway yet but I have high expectations.

At first glance I thought I don't know cas at all but when I started watchin I saw so many familiar faces. The grandpa from Thank You is there. Man, I have missed him. Nice, silly and chocopie loving grandpa has turned into heartless loanshark. "heartless", nah he is quite nice. Actually I don't see that much difference between Thank You grandpa. And how small are his eayes exactly? How can a person have so small eyes? I also saw Lee Jae Yong in ep 6. I could instantly recognize him because of his voice. I love his voice. He didn't look as good as in Lobbyist but his charm was there. Some old actors are just too charming that you can't help but love them. Anyways, enough about old farts. I have found new face Shin Dong Wook (soulmate here I come, I just hafta watch it next). He is just too cute! Too beautiful to be true. I saw a poster of soulmate before and he looked really cute in it too. I never expected to see him... His role is really cool. Then Kim Jung Hwa, I don't like her eyebrows. She is not even that pretty but I guess she is an ok actress. I saw her in 1% of anything back then and she didn't give me any big impressions. Park Shin Yang <3 I just love him. He is prefect for this role. Maybe he isn't the most handsome man out there but he sure is a good actor. He has the charm, you just can't take your eyes from him. And for some reason he reminds me of Kang Ji Hwan. I dunno maybe their voices are similar or something. Because when I listen to Park Shin Yang I just keep thinking about Gil Dong. Park Jin-hee seems to be just another actress. I dunno. she reminds me of the main girl in What Happened in Bali. I was sure that I have seen Kim Hyeong-beom before but I really couldn't come up with it at all. Now I finally got it. He played the brother in WHIB! I like his acting. Such a funny man.

Unexpectedly there was a lot of happening in the first episodes. Usually Kdramas drag a bit in the start because they tned to have same schemes. It's always the same no matter what. There was this typical clichee in here as well. Main girl and guy always meet first time accidently and maybe get not so good imperssion about each other. Then they meet again when someone introduces them and this is the point when they may give each other some silly nicknames. But the moment when they are introduced is always the same "oh!" "oh!" "Hukshii... "Are you add nickanme"" "Do you two know each other?" "No, no we haven't met before"

I pity Na Ra. How can someone have so bad luck? Well, there were so many disgusting scenes. I really thought he was gonna eat that vomit. I had to even close my eyes. Well, he didn't eat it but how could he even touch it? "Thank's god it's over" I thought but of course they had to show it later as a flashback...Or that scene when he was searching for food in the carbage... ugh...

I thought this drama would be more serious but it has turned out cuite funny and enjoyable. Not much crying and a lot of action. I could compare War of Money to WHIB. There are a lot of similarities but I hafta say I like War of Money more. Even though motives of some characters are idiotic. First of all how could Joo Hee act so proudful? She had 100,000$ debt. WHAT PRIDE?!?!?!!!! Just grab any money you are able to get. And what about the loansharks. Yeah, go and humalitate her in public... How about going to her home and plaster those red things all over (isn't that what loansharks do? Or is it only in Japan?) Or what about Joo Hee an her dad selling everything, even their house and buying smaller apartment? That should be a lot of money alredy. No they walk around and act miserable but sleep well... Na Ra's sister was mean too. Just because he became a lonashark she decided to severe all ties... And what was he thinking first paying up Joo Hee's debt? I gotta say that gang menbers and loan sharks are too nice in this drama. Life is too bright. But that's also the part I like so guess complaining just seems confusing. Those loansharks who are harrassing Na Ra's sister aren't they working for Dong Po (what a name. Po, poo lol. And my age was?)? How come they haven't shown up at his ofice lately? Cha Yeon seems to be teh most `real´ character. At least she thinks rationally. I really can feel her paina nd I understand how difficult it's for her to forget Na Ra. No matter how hard she tries she just can't. Even though he was mean to her she just can't help but believe that he really loved her. I've been trough a smilar situation and when I saw it in this drama I was like OMO! NO WAY! I'm not alone. There is just this person I can't hate. No matter what I juts can't hate. can't... and it's pretty depressing.

I noticed that Na Ra is Korean superman #3. First one is superman of course, second is Harry from Lobbyist (not only because he got beaten up all the time but also because he could do anything). Na Ra is superman number 3 because he gets beaten up so many times but look at him? safe and sound. But it kind of makes me laught and think "You kind of deserved it getting involved" I like his character a lot. Still I keep thinking he is too nice or thinks too much. He should be more carefree and act more stupid (to fool everyone).

Epsiode 8 HERE I COME! Please take care of me!

Evange

Post by Evange » May 16th, '08, 13:54

The ending is perfectly logical if you think deep enough.
Na Ra stole Ma Dong Po's money and Ma Dong Po DID swear that he'll kill Na Ra for that. Every action has a consequence and this is the motif of the series; precisely what the director wants us to understand. President Bong got backstabbed by Woo Sung as she was too greedy and Woo Sung was defeated as he should not have backstabbed President Bong in the first place. Do you seriously think Na Ra would get away with stealing the 500 million Won and lived happily ever after?
I love this drama series as it is truly realistic and does not fool the viewers into thinking that the world is a beautiful place. Face the truth; people will kill one another for money

PS:
One thing i did not truly understand is that why did Woo Sung hand over his ownership of Blue Angel's shares to President Bong? Given his intelligence, he should've predicted that President Bong will take revenge on him.

nesl

Post by nesl » Dec 20th, '08, 00:48

thanks

Mr.David

Post by Mr.David » Aug 12th, '09, 05:00

Where i can download this serials?
Can anyone share the free download link (not torrent)?
Thanks,

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 12th, '09, 05:05

One thing that ticks me off is people who sign on just to request things like this......