[Discussion] First Kiss

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 18th, '07, 21:21

Nishikido was supposed to play Sano in Hana Kimi but he turned it down because of the hectic schedule of Kanjani 8. while for First Kiss, i read that Yuuta's role was also offered to Eita.

junkpro11

Post by junkpro11 » Jul 18th, '07, 21:34

i don't think ryo is suitable for sano though. He certainly has the "cool" and the idol factor, but i've always imagined athletes to be taller and more built.

I like yuta more than eita, so I am glad yuta is in first kiss!! I think his chemistry with mao is pretty good so far, or maybe it's because I saw both of them in "Check it out, yo!"....

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 18th, '07, 21:44

i actually thought of nagase though... about kazu's role... wonder if it's because of the character that it was rejected or what will happen to the character in the story? :blink

i didn't notice that fat kid! :O haha!

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 18th, '07, 22:04

junkpro11 wrote:I like yuta more than eita, so I am glad yuta is in first kiss!! I think his chemistry with mao is pretty good so far, or maybe it's because I saw both of them in "Check it out, yo!"....
.... :glare: what chemistry? it doesn't exist... or it's not obvious enough for me...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 18th, '07, 22:16

Really, Eita was offered that role too ? ah how I wish he got it, personally I prefer him then Yuta.....

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 18th, '07, 23:29

lsqB wrote:
junkpro11 wrote:I like yuta more than eita, so I am glad yuta is in first kiss!! I think his chemistry with mao is pretty good so far, or maybe it's because I saw both of them in "Check it out, yo!"....
.... :glare: what chemistry? it doesn't exist... or it's not obvious enough for me...
Im with you on this one, there is a serious lack of chemistry evident in this drama so far.
Im not a huge fan of Yuta in this role so far either so i'll just have to see where it goes. His characterhasen't had a lot to do yet though so maybe his amazing acting talent is yet to comeout.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 18th, '07, 23:36

Despite me being a bigger Yuta fan than Eita... Yeah, I would prefer Eita in this role rather than Yuta too. XD Eita hasn't done a drama in a while actually. I wouldn't mind Nagase against Mao Inoue either. That would be quite interesting. And even though SMAP members are older than 30 years old, and it's more likely a V6 guy, it could be a SMAP person, after all, Mao may have jumped into the project after hearing rumours of SMAP members. Ahahaha.
floydian wrote:I'm not enjoying Hana Kimi and Yamada Taro very much since they're just way too crazy for my liking. It doesn't help that I don't feel much for the characters as well.
Agreed. But Hana Kimi especially, the Taiwanese version was much better, but I'm glad it looks like Sano is finally figuring out the true gender of Mizuki now... Haha.
Karawhite wrote:That entire scene was cool. But my favourite has to be:
Another cute moment is at the beginning when she's telling the doctor how useless her brother is and she tells Mio to breathe in, hold her breathe and breath out and Mio does all that and speaks at the same time. Kudos to Inoue Mao for pulling that off spectacularly.
Absolutely!! I rewinded and watched that part again because I was so amazed by her acting at that scene. And of course, the toilet paper bit was a real riot. Haha.
floydian wrote:The thing I like about Inoue Yumiko is the way she creates each distinct character and links them together, creating relationships that are very enjoyable to watch. Hence, most of her shows are pretty 'human' in nature. I also admire her ability to create tailor-made characters for specific actors/actress, eg. Kimura in Good Luck!! and Engine, Shida Mirai in 14 Sai no Haha and now, Inoue Mao in First Kiss. You just couldn't imagine more suitable actor/actress to potray these characters.

I'm not a huge fan of manga adaptions as well since most of them try to sell the drama by using idols, so I'm definitely rooting for First Kiss to do well this season.
kokitty wrote:Having said that i was rooting for First Kiss to do well cos it's an original script, don't want all 3 top ranked ratings this season to be all manga adaptions (though i must admit that those 3 have been fun gulity pleasure viewing so far). Would prefer to see some variety in the kind of dramas conjured up by the various stations every season, having 80% of dramas being manga adaptations this season seems bad, dread to experience a future season where everything is adapted from shoujo mangas.
*nods* I'm a little tired of manga adaptations myself. It's the similar humour tricks that's going on around all the dramas (aka the cheap laughs), so I'm glad that there's something original out there. And yes, I've only seen Mirai Shida in 14 Sai no Haha, but yes, the script was absolutely wonderful that Mirai Shida was able to pull it off and simply become that character. I can't picture anybody but Mirai Shida as the girl in that 14 Sai no Haha either. If it wasn't for her wonderful acting, I doubt it would be listed as one of my favourite dramas at the moment. XD

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 19th, '07, 03:37

Well, it's definitely not Arashi guy being approached for Kazu. Having Jun as Kazu would be like incest lol! Think Shingo's only 30 this yr, somehow i do see him as a Kazu cos he's such a big teddy bear. Kimura is out for me cos he's too much older than Mao, the age difference is like 15-16yrs right? Then the scene of that fat brother kissing the little sis wouldn't have worked. A 12yr old brother kissing a 3-4yr old kissing looks endearing but a 18yr old brother kissing a 3yr old sister in that same setting doesn't seem quite right. That first kiss is the basis of this drama and it had to work.

Personal hunch that it's probably Nagase that they were after, he fits the profile as described of actively rejecting roles for the past 1yr. i don't quite agree floydian that he's typecasted as a yakuza. Typecasted as a overimplusive, hot-blooded, not too intelligent man perhaps. Anyway it's probably not half as bad as Kimura and his seemly arrogant man just waiting for the right woman to reawaken the sensitive nice guy in him thing. Anyway Nagase not be getting involved with First Kiss was probably for the better, with the media having a field day this week reporting every single crazy detail of how Ayu ill-treated him of what seemed liked an amicable break-up initially, not too sure if First Kiss needed this sort of publicity. Anyway Nagase is more or less confirmed for next season TBS drama, maybe it's just a case of him preferring to work with that TBS production team that he's on closer terms with.

Feel that Hideaki Ito is doing a great job no matter if he was the first choice or not. Besides Odajiri Joe, there's no one i rate better than him in terms of acting in that age grp (least the ones that do dramas). Sometimes 2nd choices/replacement casts do work out very well.... Mirai Shida wasn't the first choice for 14 Sai no Haha either, same goes for Tamaki Hiroshi in Nodame.

floydian

Post by floydian » Jul 19th, '07, 04:08

@kokitty: The actual age difference between Ito Hideaki and Kimura Takuya is only 3 years so it's not really too big of a problem for me. I'm actually not too bothered by the actual figures so as long as they look like a sibling pair and have the chemistry going on. Ito Hideaki certainly has both of that.

Since you've been getting lots of new information, I'm assuming you understand Japanese? If so, do you have any idea on the reactions in 2ch to episode 2? Any other likely reason that has attributed to the drastic drop in ratings, besides soccer, earthquake and the point you've mentioned about it being too sitcom? Does the problem really lie with the story itself?
Last edited by floydian on Jul 19th, '07, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

kezianthei

Post by kezianthei » Jul 19th, '07, 07:51

has the subs for epi 1 out yet??

nicha89

Post by nicha89 » Jul 19th, '07, 21:44

^it doesn't seem like it's out yet

i'm also waiting too^^

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 19th, '07, 22:45

how come there are not much news yet about the new season dramas? just curious coz when the spring season started there's so many news about the summer dramas already.

i think nagase is suitable for kazu's role too. but now it's hard to picture anyone else other than itoh hideaki playing this role.

i think some at 2ch said it was boring.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 20th, '07, 00:38

yamapinku-rabu wrote:how come there are not much news yet about the new season dramas? just curious coz when the spring season started there's so many news about the summer dramas already.

i think nagase is suitable for kazu's role too. but now it's hard to picture anyone else other than itoh hideaki playing this role.

i think some at 2ch said it was boring.
Normally news for fall dramas starts coming out in succession after the half of the summer season has passed.

Some reporters discussing the summer drama lineup on Yomiuri rated First Kiss third behind Papa to Musume no Nanakakan and Ushi ni Negai O. Hotaru no Hikari and Hanakimi rounded up the top five.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 20th, '07, 01:36

we already have news on the Autumn dramas, check this thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_50876.htm

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 20th, '07, 06:13

ah thanks! :D nothing that grabs my interest yet...

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... &start=260

jade_frost has put up the ep3 synopsis of first kiss. ^^ looks fun!

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 20th, '07, 08:19

Wow, Shibasaki Kou's finally coming back to J-drama. (And she apparently has a new single too.) Belleza muy, muy contenta now!

Gah, I'm so glad I'm SO behind with all my J-dramas right now. It's making the First Kiss wait so much easier. Just take your time guys.

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 20th, '07, 14:56

So first episode soft subs are out:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_50987.htm

:alcoholic:

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 20th, '07, 15:32

aargh! the wait is not over for me, i must wait for the softsubs! (I meant hardsubs)

wow! i read the Episode 3 Trailer and im super looking forward to that episode, all im going to say
for the ones that havent read it, is 'First Love'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone asked who that guy that Mio was with in the preview was, well someone at soompi said that it was Kashiwabara Shuji, ooh, cute and so is his older bro!

yousei, thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing but love for you...

EDIT: WHOA! i just found out while surfing though the thread that SARS subbed Episode 1 too and hardsubs have just been released....
Last edited by Superkyle on Jul 20th, '07, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Jul 20th, '07, 16:54

whoa!!
softsubs were finally released by yousei and hardsubs were just released by SARS..i'm getting really excited now. :D

**thanks yousei..ganbare!! :cheers:
another surprise by SARS..oh my!**

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 20th, '07, 17:57

just curious... how come when a group announces a project, everyone else backs off and there's this kind of mutual understanding that no one else would take it, but SARS can just go up and release a surprise like this? Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I'm just confused... :scratch:

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 20th, '07, 18:07

Just finished watching the first episode!
Inoue Mao is a cute and energetic girl, and I liked Hiraoka Yuuta in ProDai so it's interesting to see him as a main role. They seem like they will make a cute couple :) I'm excited to see what's next! The next episode looks like it's going to be funny hehe

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 20th, '07, 18:13

lsqB wrote:just curious... how come when a group announces a project, everyone else backs off and there's this kind of mutual understanding that no one else would take it, but SARS can just go up and release a surprise like this? Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I'm just confused... :scratch:
I'm confused too.
amrayu wrote:The team and I have been wanting to sub this when it was first announced. ENJOY!

PS. SUPER SURPRISE!
Yeah really a suuuuper surprise...

SARS really showed how they respect other fansubbers.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 20th, '07, 18:35

well anyways...

ill be waiting for your hardsubs yousei!

willl you guys be finishing and continuing the subs yousei, IsqB, cus you guys are the only ones for me,
you guys stuck with us when we got the panic attack of FK getting dropped...

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 20th, '07, 22:49

I still support you, yousei. I prefer soft subs for my more preferred dramas anyways.

x_sushi_o

Post by x_sushi_o » Jul 20th, '07, 23:10

yeh, im for jland subs, since the beggining when she started subbing HYD2-something i looked forward to every friday =)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 20th, '07, 23:59

softsubs are out too! :w00t:
thanks for the wonderful work yousei! :P

Superkyle: yeah, is it confirmed though? that it's kashiwabara shuji? :unsure: and i think ep3 will be very interesting :thumright:

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 21st, '07, 04:41

Thanks for the soft subs yousei! I can't wait to read them because I know you worked hard on them :) Looking forward to episode 2 :)

kezianthei

Post by kezianthei » Jul 21st, '07, 08:38

thanks so much for the subs!!!

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 22nd, '07, 04:13

well episode 03 seems to very interesting!!!!!!!!!
am watching FK01 with subs, yay! i understand!!!!!!!!!!!

well im not disencouraging SARS to not sub i mean by all means yes, yes, so that FK could get more attention and it could be shared with more peeps but its just that ill stick with yousei/IsqB/Doremii if she does decide to continue...

yamapinku-rabu, well at the soompi thread someone said that it was him, so im guessing it is
and i kept looking between the EP03 preview and his pic on dramawiki
and it looks like him...

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Jul 22nd, '07, 05:20

yamapinku-rabu wrote:Superkyle: yeah, is it confirmed though? that it's kashiwabara shuji? :unsure: and i think ep3 will be very interesting :thumright:
Yep. It's Shuji, as confirmed by his official site. :-)

yousei

Post by yousei » Jul 22nd, '07, 11:14

Last edited by yousei on Jul 24th, '07, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 22nd, '07, 23:07

thanks to mao-inoue.com
ep3 is tonight. gambatte first kiss!
thanks yousei and IsqB!
thanks to mao-inoue.com

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 23rd, '07, 21:14

i wish i could help you yousei but i have no knowledge of the subbing process or japanese...

so am downloading FK right now, anyone have any idea what the ratings were for this episode?

i hope the ratings can go up...

well i know im going to enjoy this episode, we get to meed Mio's first love!!!!!!!!!!!!

i found this clip while searching for some FK episodes in youtube,

First Kiss Press Conference:

whoa! those heels that she's wearing are crazy high!!!!!!

remoted

Post by remoted » Jul 23rd, '07, 23:43

Hmm...So the third episode of first kiss played out last night in Japan. After comments and debates over the ratings of episode 2, I'll be curious about the outcome ratings of episode 3. :-( Any predictions?

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 24th, '07, 00:39

Superkyle wrote:i wish i could help you yousei but i have no knowledge of the subbing process or japanese...

so am downloading FK right now, anyone have any idea what the ratings were for this episode?

i hope the ratings can go up...

well i know im going to enjoy this episode, we get to meed Mio's first love!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ep3: The Start of My Sister's Love
Viewership rating: 15.2%

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 24th, '07, 01:37

at least it went up but not by much! hope it can go up steadily! gambatte! anyone's watched it yet?

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 24th, '07, 03:16

well am gonna watch FK tomorrow in the morning,
wow, this thread seems empty... really empty...
yay! at least the ratings went up!!!
hopefully they'll get higher next week...
ill probably post up some pics to fill in the emptyness...

raven_frost, thank you for the ratings!

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Jul 24th, '07, 03:41

do you guys know where to DL the opening song of first kiss? Kokoro by Oda Kazumasa

i cant wait for the subs of episode 2.
yousei..ganbare! :cheers:
iL be waiting for your subs. :lol

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 24th, '07, 03:50

pinkstars wrote:do you guys know where to DL the opening song of first kiss? Kokoro by Oda Kazumasa
It's not out yet. The single's out in August. The song's quite good, isn't it? :)

Yeah, the ratings went up slightly, but I have a feeling they'll go up again. High 15% to mid-16% when it comes to the final average. *lol*

And ah, it's comforting to see Yuta Hiraoka standing so close next to Mao Inoue, and sitting closer in the middle as a bigger supporting role... Unlike Tatta Hitotsu no Koi or Proposal Daisakusen. In the press conference clip, I mean. XDD

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 24th, '07, 04:04

Lyrics: Kokoro, Oda Kazumasa

Hitogomi o mabushisouni kimi ga hashitekuru
Furitsuzuku ame wa yande natsu no sora ni kawatta

Hajimekara wakatteita kimi no kawari wa inai
Tashikanakoto wa nanimo mitsukaranai kedo kimi ga suki

Sekaijuu de ichiban taisetsuna hito ni atta
Kyou made no soshite korekara no jinsei no naka de

Kimi no tame ni dekiru koto wa hon no sukoshi dakedo
Kokoro wa hoka no dare nimo zettai makenai kara

Sorezore no omoi wa ima natsu ni yurarerumama
Hanarete chikazuite setsunaku tokimeite

Ano natsu sekaijuu de ichiban taisetsuna hito ni atta

Toki no nagare wa futari de kizande ikunda
Yorisotte fureatte ima kono toki o ikite

Ano ne umarete hajimete konna fuu ni dare ka o
Shiawase ni shitai to omotta

Machi no akari ga sora ni todoite
Itsuka tabe no hoshi to hitotsu ni natteyuku kimi ga suki

Ano natsu sekaijuu de ichiban taisetsuna kimi ni atta

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Jul 24th, '07, 04:28

tnx for the lyrics. :D
i really love the opening of first kiss.
mao in a boat (is it really in the middle of what..a sea? or just another camera trick? :blink ) :lol

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 24th, '07, 04:39

i think it's real she's in a boat? haha i think i read that they needed a helicopter or something to shoot her?

it's such a good song!! :lol

thank you!

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 24th, '07, 12:26

Does anyone think that Dr Yuki likes Dr Takagi? He seems to look at her in a certain manner that seems to convey that.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 24th, '07, 12:35

yamapinku-rabu wrote:i think it's real she's in a boat? haha i think i read that they needed a helicopter or something to shoot her?

it's such a good song!! :lol

thank you!
that's a real scene. Mao-chan really was standing on a boat in the middle of the lake in Canada and the helicopter was filming her from above.
I did a translation on the behind-the scene...but I guess no one read it :glare:

well it's too late now. I already deleted of them while organizing jLand :P

floydian

Post by floydian » Jul 24th, '07, 13:32

raven_frost wrote:Does anyone think that Dr Yuki likes Dr Takagi? He seems to look at her in a certain manner that seems to convey that.
I'm not sure if he really likes her... but I'm guessing it's more of admiration? But then again, Mio mentioned something about Yuuki liking Takagi sensei in the preview for episode 4 so I'm kinda confused.

However, there was a change in the relationship chart after episode 2, with an additional pink line linking Yuuki sensei with Takagi sensei. Maybe someone who knows Japanese can tell us what the words mean?
@pinkstars: Just to add on, I believe that opening scene was filmed at Harrison Lake in Canada.

I'm still waiting for Chinese subs for the third episode. Hopefully they're out by early morning. But I've download the RAW and skimmed through it. It seems like they've cut down on the unneccesary scenes as compared to the previous episode, so it's definitely an improvement. I also really like all the outfits Mio have worn so far, especially that cute floral dress.

I'll end off with another funny Abe expression from episode 3. :lol

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Jul 24th, '07, 13:40

eeeeh..so they actually went to the States to film that scene?? :D

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 24th, '07, 13:57

floydian wrote:
I'm not sure if he really likes her... but I'm guessing it's more of admiration? But then again, Mio mentioned something about Yuuki liking Takagi sensei in the preview for episode 4 so I'm kinda confused.

However, there was a change in the relationship chart after episode 2, with an additional pink line linking Yuuki sensei with Takagi sensei. Maybe someone who knows Japanese can tell us what the words mean?
It means either to aspire to or yearn for. But yeah I think it's admiration, maybe some awe too.

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Jul 24th, '07, 14:25

I just watched episode 3. I don't really like it. It seems like the show lost a lot of the 'energy' it has in episode 2 and especially from episode 1. I loved the first ep. I liked the second ep. The third feels kinda listless. I don't even know what type of direction the show is going in now. Needless to say, i am quite disappointed. I hope ep 4 improves.

floydian

Post by floydian » Jul 24th, '07, 14:42

raven_frost wrote:It means either to aspire to or yearn for. But yeah I think it's admiration, maybe some awe too.
Thanks for the translation.

It seems like there's been another update on the relationship chart after episode 3. With new lines linking Takagi sensei and Kazu, Mio and Ichiryu.
@Karawhite: Yeah, episode 3 has lost some energy and became a little more serious than the previous 2 episodes. But personally, I feel that episode 3 definitely improved in terms of the flow of the story. I believe this might have to do with a change in the director.

I especially like the last scene and Mao's performance in it. It seems like she's been receiving a number of rave reviews for her performance in episode 3 at the official website's message board.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 24th, '07, 15:14

floydian wrote:
raven_frost wrote:It means either to aspire to or yearn for. But yeah I think it's admiration, maybe some awe too.
Thanks for the translation.

It seems like there's been another update on the relationship chart after episode 3. With new lines linking Takagi sensei and Kazu, Mio and Ichiryu.
@Karawhite: Yeah, episode 3 has lost some energy and became a little more serious than the previous 2 episodes. But personally, I feel that episode 3 definitely improved in terms of the flow of the story. I believe this might have to do with a change in the director.

I especially like the last scene and Mao's performance in it. It seems like she's been receiving a number of rave reviews for her performance in episode 3 at the official website's message board.
Haha Ichiru and Mio? I just watched Ep3, and that must be courtesy of her feeding him and patting him on his cheek. Renko is getting bothered by Kazuki. I can't say she's developing feelings for him yet. So far she's been a woman who is composed and doesn't lose her cool until it comes to dealing with him.
I didn't like Ep3 either. It felt sluggish and draggy and I personally don't think it was because it took a more serious tone than the previous two episodes. Oh well, we can only hope that subsequent episodes improve but I really wanted to forward through most of this episode.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 24th, '07, 17:55

i really did enjoy this episode, it was nice and we got to see everyone's first love,
it was plenty funny and i got to see the Big Boy again!!! he'll probably make an
appearence in every episode....

First Kiss Episode 03 Snapshots

Time 00:00:00-00:15:00
^ aaah! he's so sexy!!!
^ v this part is so funny!!!
^ gross someone farted!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ aww! he's so cute chubby! and his first love!
^ v wtf! his first love was a doll!!!!
^ v hah! he sure proved he's hentai!
^ aww! Mio's first love!
^ she's so cute here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time 00:15:00-00:30:00
^ hah! trying to cook!
^ Big Boy again!!!!!!!
^ v such a funny moment!!!!!!!
^ v omg! he's so sexy! too bad he's married and has kids...
Time 00:30:00-00:45:00
^ she looks so pretty!!!!!!!!
^ v i love when she cries, cus its an awesome cry! its like she tries to supress her tears and she doesnt let them flow freely, thats a real cry...
Time 00:45:00-00:46:00 | Episode 04 Preview
^ she looks so cute as a bed head!

^ iChigO ^

Post by ^ iChigO ^ » Jul 24th, '07, 18:13

nice drama! looking forward for the 2nd ep subs :wub:
i liked the opening song Kokoro, Oda Kazumasa
anyone knows where i can DL it ? :unsure:

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 24th, '07, 22:20

floydian wrote:
raven_frost wrote:Does anyone think that Dr Yuki likes Dr Takagi? He seems to look at her in a certain manner that seems to convey that.

@pinkstars: Just to add on, I believe that opening scene was filmed at Harrison Lake in Canada.

I'm still waiting for Chinese subs for the third episode. Hopefully they're out by early morning. But I've download the RAW and skimmed through it. It seems like they've cut down on the unneccesary scenes as compared to the previous episode, so it's definitely an improvement. I also really like all the outfits Mio have worn so far, especially that cute floral dress.

I'll end off with another funny Abe expression from episode 3. :lol
i actually felt that too. especially in the scene where akio sensei was looking at takagi sensei in ep4 preview. poor mio then!
but if it's just admiration... :scratch:

what? mio and ichiru? haha!

she looks great in each episode!

and i LOLed at the part where they were eating noodles and glaring at mio! :lol :lol
chinese subs are out! i've also just watched the RAW version! it was okay for me though. as floydian said, the flow of the story got better. and i still enjoyed the acting! loved it!
there definitely were funny moments! ichiru and abe! there meeting in the house! kazu eating mio's burnt sandwiches! mio hiding from kazu! ichiru and his hentainess as a kid! XD
Superkyle, thank you for the screencaps!!! oh yeah, he appeared again! :lol
i know what you mean when she cries. i got teary even though i didn't know most of what was said in the episode. when she cries, you just wanna cry with her. :cry: a powerful performance!

and she's so cute with that bedhead!

is akio sensei going to be the one to check her body? on that last clip!

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Jul 25th, '07, 00:40

Man, I dunno. I thought this was gonna be another korny love drama, but when I saw the first episode, I'm like ....Incest drama? HAHA! I LOVE IT! The when I look at synopsis, it says otherwise...so I dunno...VERY WIERD!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 25th, '07, 04:02

Wow people dont seem to like this episode all that much huh?
Me, I enjoyed this episode much more that the first two. In the first two I felt the story was obsolete and the only things really going for it was awsome acting.
Im still not entirely sure about the story but its getting better. This was deffinatly the best episode so far!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 25th, '07, 04:33

Forgot to say some of the stuff I wanted to mention
Im glad to see Yuuta finally getting a bigger part even if I dont like him as an actor all that much.
Iloved the bit where Mio was playing with him saying i like you, nah just kidding, well actually i do, no way would that be true
shes so funny

floydian

Post by floydian » Jul 25th, '07, 06:58

So I've managed to watch episode 3 with Chinese subs and I'm with Yorokobi here. It's the most satisfying episode for me so far.
Sure there were lesser energy and funny moments as compared to the previous episodes, but I like the added tension and emotions between the characters. As evident from the 'confrontation' scenes involving Yuuki and Takagi, Mio and Yuuki, Kazu and Takagi, as each of them tries to reason their thoughts and stand.

Some people might find all these conversation boring, but I feel that for a show like First Kiss, these conversations play a really important role in allowing us to have a greater understanding of the characters and their feelings, as well as being a channel for showing their development.

Like how we see the usually soft-spoken Yuuki standing up against Takagi and Mio. I believe it was very much through Mio’s influence that Yuuki sensei is able to become more straightforward and speak his mind more freely. You can tell that Mio and even Yuuki himself was surprised by his own actions.

And the whole episode ended really well with that last scene involving Mio and Kazu. It really showed us how strong their relationship is and their appreciation and gradual understanding of each other. We also got to see the true side of Mio, as she tries to hold her tears but still ends up crying. She's definitely gaining empathy from the viewers, and of course from Ichiryu as well. Kudos to Mao for her convincing performance.

I've watched a fair bit of Jdoramas myself and I have to say that it's still 'old-fashioned' (I can't find a better word) shows like First Kiss that still appeals to me. It's a show that makes you laugh, makes you think and makes you feel. It's a show that you'll remember for quite a while, as opposed to shows that make you laugh alot but end up being all too forgettable once you're done watching.

I'm sure there's gonna be people disagreeing with me, but yeah it's just my 2 cents on this show so far.
Last edited by floydian on Jul 25th, '07, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

nahz

Post by nahz » Jul 25th, '07, 07:35

any idea where can get the chinese subs thanks in advance

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Jul 25th, '07, 12:41

yatta! yatta! yatta!
somebody uploaded the opening song -KOKORO by KAZUMASA ODA-
i'm so glad..i've been wanting this since I watch ep1. :D
i cant wait for the subs for ep2..MIO! MIO! MIO! :D
i'm so looking forward to watch it.

i see..so some had already watch ep3..
i'm envious! :(

could anyone please translate the lyrics?? onegai. :pale:
Lyrics: Kokoro, Oda Kazumasa

Hajimekara wakatteita kimi no kawari wa inai
Tashikanakoto wa nanimo mitsukaranai kedo kimi ga suki

Kimi no tame ni dekiru koto wa hon no sukoshi dakedo

Sorezore no omoi wa ima natsu ni yurarerumama
Hanarete chikazuite setsunaku tokimeite

Ano natsu sekaijuu de ichiban taisetsuna hito ni atta

Ano ne umarete hajimete konna fuu ni dare ka o
Shiawase ni shitai to omotta

Machi no akari ga sora ni todoite
Itsuka tabe no hoshi to hitotsu ni natteyuku kimi ga suki

Ano natsu sekaijuu de ichiban taisetsuna kimi ni atta

credits: raven_frost

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jul 25th, '07, 17:59

pinkstars wrote:could anyone please translate the lyrics?? onegai. :pale:
Well DoReMii and Jlandsub already translated the little bit that was in ep1, so I suppose they'll be doing the song for ep2 onwards too. I tried translating it myself, but only the part that appears in the show:
You make the crowd seem dazzling when running towards me
The pouring rain stops, changing to the summer sky
From the beginning I knew no one could replace you
Although I haven't found anything I'm sure of, but
[I'm sure of this -] I love you

I met the most important person in this world
In my life up to now and from now on
We will mark the passing of time together
Cuddling together, touching each other, we live in this moment

That summer, I met the most important person in this world - you
When it comes to my heart [i.e. my love for you], I will never lose to anyone
Ep3: Indeed it's not as hyper as ep2, but then, anything after ep2 would seem tame. No dog act or DJ Ozma, but at least there was the period drama-talk by Ichiryu, up to the point where he raised his invisible sword against "o-Mio" :D

Frankly I haven't gotten into First Kiss that much, even after 3 episodes. IMO it's got this split personality: the wild slapstick stuff doesn't quite gel with an incurable illness story and intensely serious people like Yuuki, Takagi, Banba, or indeed Mio herself. Ito, Abe and Gekidan are giving it their all - and Ito and Abe were great in the outrageous Kudo Kankuro comedy Boku no mahoutsukai. But here they seem to be in the wrong drama, almost.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 25th, '07, 22:28

yay! thanks for pointing out the torrent for Kokoro is out! :D

episode3
i liked it .i think the show got better since episode one. i liked the flow better. and yes we see more of the character development and how their relationships are changing.

mio and kazu:
-the hospital scene where mio is hiding is cute!
-after kazu showed her the camera marilyn (haha!), you can really tell how mio feels about kazu taking up photography again
-mio making kazu eat the burnt sandwiches. the look on kazu's face when he took a bite! :lol
-mio not letting on the fact that she's really excited to see tsubasa her first love
-mio lying when she knew kazu had set the whole thing up with her first love. that tsubasa didn't even remember her. (i would have done the same thing to save face XD)
-it was still sad though... kazu had to lie to her... and she told him he can't take pictures anymore...
-mio leaving a note and the sandwiches
-kazu getting beaten up by mio as mio tries hard to hold back her tears :cry: (you could see a different vulnerability and frustration here)
-mio being the support for kazu as he chases his dream

mio and akio:
-mio lying that kazu kicked her so she has a sprain. akio's expression XD
-mio not wanting his help. (she obviously likes him XD)
-mio telling akio not to help her brother anymore coz he's only trouble for her
-akio actually telling her to stop acting like that and appreciate her brother's efforts more
-mio telling akio about her first love. it was true!
-so that's why it had to be the katsu sandwiches! tsubasa told her he'd bring katsu sandwiches to one of the games. (if i remember correctly...)
-mio telling akio she likes him! mio hurt seeing akio's face! and she told him again it's true. XD how can she fall in love with a "quack" like him

banba finally accepted kazu again!

i love the part where they were telling the stories of their first love!
kazu: been told by his first love that his finger is like a sausage! XD
masaru: so is he gay?
ichiru: hentai!!
mio: awwww... she is just an ordinary girl after all. ^^

there was a scene where masaru mentioned that ichiru will be happy when mio gets dumped by her first love. XD never saw that coming!

did anyone notice the shirt masaru was wearing at the end of the episode? when he was coming down the steps? haha!

for episode 4:
takagi sensei and akio sensei?! :blink

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 26th, '07, 05:11

well i spent the last hour or so working on a first kiss sig which turned out rather average looking in my opinion but let me know what you think. And please be honest!

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 26th, '07, 16:46

i like your siggy but it makes me melancholy looking at Mio like that....

i have to agree with everything that yamapinku-rabu said, buy why hide it yamapinku-rabu...

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 26th, '07, 21:51

Yorokobi great job on the siggie! that's definitely a very nice shot of mao ne! :D

Superkyle
hehe some others might not want to read it :lol

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 27th, '07, 01:00

Yorokobi wrote:well i spent the last hour or so working on a first kiss sig which turned out rather average looking in my opinion but let me know what you think. And please be honest!
I'd remove the 3 pictures top right. Except this, it looks good.
U resized LG which looks better now.

dramaholic love

Post by dramaholic love » Jul 27th, '07, 06:54

mao is so cute! So far I've only watched the first episode.. it was pretty nice..Mao's english is better compared to other actresses.. I think~

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 27th, '07, 07:15

^never heard any other actresses speaking english so i can't compare hehe

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... &start=280

episode 4 trailer synopsis!
thansk to jade_frost

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 27th, '07, 12:53

ooh i read the Episode 04 Trailer Synopsis, it was awesome, and there are a load of "AAAH! So thats why she did that!" oooh! the next episode looks super interesting!
yeah!!! am gonna super watch it!

MiIiyah wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:well i spent the last hour or so working on a first kiss sig which turned out rather average looking in my opinion but let me know what you think. And please be honest!
I'd remove the 3 pictures top right. Except this, it looks good.
U resized LG which looks better now.
Yorokobi, am so sorry!!! i wanted to tell you that ^ but i was afraid that i might insult you!!!
**stabs herself with an invisible sword**

yamapinku-rabu, but its your opinion, if people dont want to read it, theyll just scroll over it :lol , not that i do that... besides i think its the long posts that people read the most... thats why i try to write the least!!!!!!!! :P
AND thank you for the link to the Episode 04 Trailer Synopsis!

rumen

Post by rumen » Jul 28th, '07, 12:53

i just finished episode two, and so far i like this drama.

i like the chemestriy between mao and hideaki so far. they really do seem like brother and sister.
and the roomates seem really natural, as if they really have been friends for a long time.

the second episode, with the roomates talking about the go-con had me cracking up. especially since abe sadao was recently on cartoon kat-tun and asked koki for advice on rapping. XD
and the dj ozma part was just <3333

yuuta looks really good in stripes :wub:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jul 30th, '07, 06:40

Episode 4 tonight! Title is My Sister Falls Out of Love Today.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 30th, '07, 13:39

rumen wrote:i just finished episode two, and so far i like this drama.

i like the chemestriy between mao and hideaki so far. they really do seem like brother and sister.
and the roomates seem really natural, as if they really have been friends for a long time.

the second episode, with the roomates talking about the go-con had me cracking up. especially since abe sadao was recently on cartoon kat-tun and asked koki for advice on rapping. XD
and the dj ozma part was just <3333

yuuta looks really good in stripes :wub:
asking advice for rapping XD haha! gotta love abe sadayo!
can't wait for ep4! hope everything goes well! XD

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 30th, '07, 23:56

I missed last nights episode cause I was off watching fireworks!
Has the raw been uploaded yet? When it is does anybody know where I can find this streaming??

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 31st, '07, 01:10

Episode 4 audience rating is... 15.8%!! :D

Ahahahaha! I knew that the ratings would increase. I'm hoping for an increase next week too!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 31st, '07, 02:11

nani? 15.8%?
wow i'm glad it got higher.
but not so much.
:unsure:
gambatte first kiss!!

chariloud

Post by chariloud » Jul 31st, '07, 06:50

i support this drama, i think it can compete with hanakimi since it's more real & you can see the great actings by the actor/actress. plus yuta is so handsome *drool XD