Discuss Japanese drama series here.
leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » Jul 14th, '07, 22:08

little present for u? anyone saw it?XD

look at the girl with the pink sweater!XDDDDD
bad girl..where do you touch nino??=)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 15th, '07, 02:57

Haha thanks for that, I didnt notice that little girl touching our precious nino!!! How dare she!
I wanted to come on here as soon as id watched the 2nd episode live and talk and talk about it because it was sooooooooo funny, but not only would most other people not have seen it but I needed sleep and then had to go to osaka all day yesterday so couldnt get on till today, but at least others have seen it now and I can share the joy with them ^_^
I loved the pic of Nino in that red dress he really could be taken for a girl! And a really pretty one at that.
The person who talked about Sho listening to highway to hell while flower arranging I totally agree that art cracked me up it was so perfect! And Sho's flower aranging was so cool, I wonder if he really did it himself.
I can't believe that girl managed to come up with another excuse why her 'rich prince' would be working as a female maid.
I especially loved the part near the end where Sho admitted that he'd just been playing with Nino making him get dressed up as a girl.
Hahaha What a crack up this episode was! I cant wait for number 3!!
By the way is episode 1 streaming with subs anywhere?

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 16th, '07, 09:24

It's not fair.
How come Takako got touched and held by both Tarou and Mimura???? It's not fairrrrr...
However, I'm pleased to see the other side of Mimura Takuya in episode 2...
He's total pranks XDDDD

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 16th, '07, 09:34

yuckie wrote:It's not fair.
How come Takako got touched and held by both Tarou and Mimura???? It's not fairrrrr...
However, I'm pleased to see the other side of Mimura Takuya in episode 2...
He's total pranks XDDDD
hahahaha
i was grabbing/squeezing anything in sight out of frustration.
lucky girl

mimura :wub:

THANKS YUCKIE-CHAN for the SUBS!!!!

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 16th, '07, 09:50

aishoni2 wrote: hahahaha
lucky girl
Ne, but that girl is indeed a high-imagination demon
When the cast for Takako said that the girl is so dreamy and totally imaginative, I never thought that it would be THIS crazy. Her imagination is WILD.... makes me wonder what she ever doing other than imagining things

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 16th, '07, 10:05

yuckie wrote:
aishoni2 wrote: hahahaha
lucky girl
Ne, but that girl is indeed a high-imagination demon
When the cast for Takako said that the girl is so dreamy and totally imaginative, I never thought that it would be THIS crazy. Her imagination is WILD.... makes me wonder what she ever doing other than imagining things
TAMA NO KOSHI!!! :D
I love the one-eyed-closed-dimpled imagine monster. She's adorable.. but do stay away from Sho.. Tabechan can flirt all she wants with Nino-chan but leave Sho alone. :-)
my favourite imagination spurts is
the lighted carriage with her on top fully dressed in traditional outfit
oh.. the Nino in cheong sam is nice too :P

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 16th, '07, 10:26

aishoni2 wrote: my favourite imagination spurts is
the lighted carriage with her on top fully dressed in traditional outfit
oh.. the Nino in cheong sam is nice too :P
The Yamada Tarou in...
Tarou in Cheongsam is definitely far prettier than those posted in magazines!!!! I never thought it would actually appear on the drama. I wondered on what occassion Tarou will have to wear that. No wonder it's Takako's imagination again!!!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 16th, '07, 13:30

Man I just cant wait for the next episode of this drama it is by far one of the best this season!!!

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Jul 16th, '07, 13:32

Taro in cheongsam IS a lot prettier than in the magazine! His hair was perfect and shiny... :roll Nino is a good sport to shave his legs and get all dressed up for this show :D

As for the 'one eyed dimple girl' she could aim for Mimura instead but I think she wouldn't have much of a chance since Mimura-kun's gaze is already on another ahahahahaha :wub:

The cracky moments in this show are perfectly balanced with the pathos of the Yamada family's poverty. I can't wait to see the next episode!

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 17th, '07, 02:09

hey, the ratings for the show went down from 17.4% to 15.9%...

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 17th, '07, 03:01

ts still quite good. The above 15% ratings exceeded my own expectation for the series. The high ratings for the 1st episode was quite a surprise but from now on i'm hoping it'll stay on average of 16% viewership.
GANBATTE YAMATARO TEAM!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 17th, '07, 13:14

I dont know why more people arnt watching this it hilarious!!!!

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Jul 17th, '07, 17:36

This is a good series. Its light hearted and very easy to watch. But the main female character REALLY gets on my nerves. I dislike her intensely. She's so annoying. On the other hand i love the Yamada family and their relationship with one another. What an adorable family. Mimura and Yamada are so cute together [Sho and Nino! I love them!].
I thought the whole An Chan working for Jirou's baseball glove thing was a bit lame though. It didn't really touch me that the kid wanted to play baseball so he had to sacrifice himself to try and make the money. From the preview, I originally thought that Jiro was going to be bullied or something for being poor. Turns out it was something so tame. That whole bit was a bit cliche. I loved the first episode though. How Itsuko only wanted the korroke so that An chan could eat it. It made me tear up.
This is not the best series of the season [for me that's first kiss so far] but i really like it. I will continue to watch it. Its nice to have some crack after a tiring day. :D

fto_osakadreams

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 17th, '07, 18:37

Karawhite wrote:This is a good series. Its light hearted and very easy to watch. But the main female character REALLY gets on my nerves. I dislike her intensely. She's so annoying. On the other hand i love the Yamada family and their relationship with one another. What an adorable family. Mimura and Yamada are so cute together [Sho and Nino! I love them!].

I thought the whole An Chan working for Jirou's baseball glove thing was a bit lame though. It didn't really touch me that the kid wanted to play baseball so he had to sacrifice himself to try and make the money. From the preview, I originally thought that Jiro was going to be bullied or something for being poor. Turns out it was something so tame. That whole bit was a bit cliche. I loved the first episode though. How Itsuko only wanted the korroke so that An chan could eat it. It made me tear up.[/spoiler]

This is not the best series of the season [for me that's first kiss so far] but i really like it. I will continue to watch it. Its nice to have some crack after a tiring day. :D
I don't hate the female lead...her over-active imagination can be hilarious and there is a cute factor about her...but she is too superficial. I understand she wants to get out of the lower class but there has to be a limit. Her only goal it seems is to marry a prince and because she believes Taro is one she never really looks at him as anything but a really rich, cute guy who can help her. She wants to marry for money which I hate. Unlike Mimura-kun she doesn't let herself see how poor Taro really is. Because of that she misses his best qualties- his generosity, his hard-working approach to everything, and his simple kindness that makes him so loveable. That is why she annoys me.
The baseball plot-line does seem a bit lame but I looked at it as An-chan trying to make his family happy. He's a highschool student that works very hard to support his family which means he probably doesn't have much time to spend on any extra-caricular activies he might have wanted. I figured he just wants his siblings to have the things that they really want- something he never had the chance to get.
This show is definitly great. Funny, sweet and uplifting. Definitly one I can easily enjoy after work~ :-)

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 18th, '07, 06:46

fto_osakadreams, you have a great summary there why the female lead is so annoying. She only likes him for what she thinks he is and doesn't actually want to know him at all. If they end up together at the end, yuck! You summed it up better than I ever could!

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 18th, '07, 07:43

aah.. don't hate her too much. I find her really cute.
I believe she will eventually change into a better person because of Taro & love him for who he truly is. She will have to forget her Tama no Koshii dreams and really fall for Taro.

Her character somehow mocks the fangirl nature. A streotype fangirl would adore their idol no matter what & give all sorts of reasonings for an idols flaws.
I like that. This drama is not as shallow as most might think.

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Jul 18th, '07, 08:34

I agree with Goddess Carlie, I think fto_osakadreams summed it up perfectly. She is so blinded by her superficiality that she doesn't see all of Taro's good qualities. I understand that she will eventually change her values because of the goodness she sees in Taro. But still, it'll be hard for me to like her. She hasn't shown me any good qualities so far. She is ungrateful to her hardworking parents and she hasn't shown and instant of kindness or sweetness. EVERYTHING she does has a motive. Her wild imagination is cute. But if they had shown her with any other nice quality then i wouldn't mind her superficiality. There are plenty of heroine's who are superficial but you love them because deep down they are sweet, kind, honest etc. I can't see that with this one.

But I seriously wonder how Taro is so good at everything when he doesn't have any time to study or practice. I mean, he doesn't even get proper sleep time with all his part time jobs and doing everything around the house. How does he become #1? No one is THAT smart.
That girl's mother cracks me up. I am so looking forward to episode 3 when Taro becomes her apprentice. That will be the funniest episode yet

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 19th, '07, 02:03

That's a good point Karawhite. Maybe Taro will crack! That would be interesting to see

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Jul 19th, '07, 02:25

Good point up guys...no one can be that smart...especially without any former training (I'm assuming becuase he's so poor)......no mentors around....and no time to study...

remoted

Post by remoted » Jul 19th, '07, 05:37

Ikegami is alright. I find her rather cute, but I don't really agree with her ideas. She is in the honors class, so be must be bright enough to get a good occupation. That's the only thing that makes me mad about her. She has the brains to be successful. :glare:

I actually prefer Ikegami than....*shudders Yamada's mother. She annoys the heck out of me!

kezianthei

Post by kezianthei » Jul 19th, '07, 07:48

has epi 2 aired yet?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 19th, '07, 10:14

furransu wrote:how come the dad is so young?? how old was the mom when she gave birth to taro??
According to the official relationship chart of this drama (the one incl. in TV Japan mag), Yamada Kazuo (the father) is 32 years old, and Yamada Ayako (the mother) is 38 years old. Yamada Taro himself is 17 years old.

So the father was 15 years old and the mother was 21 years old when Yamada Taro was born.

In the manga, there's Kazuo-Ayako first met side story chapters in vol. 8. And yes, in these chapters, Kazuo was still a junior high student, and Ayako doesn't wear any uniform at all in this timeline. So the drama must be faithful to the manga, in characters age-wise.

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Jul 19th, '07, 10:48

yanie wrote:
furransu wrote:how come the dad is so young?? how old was the mom when she gave birth to taro??
According to the official relationship chart of this drama (the one incl. in TV Japan mag), Yamada Kazuo (the father) is 32 years old, and Yamada Ayako (the mother) is 38 years old. Yamada Taro himself is 17 years old.

So the father was 15 years old and the mother was 21 years old when Yamada Taro was born.

In the manga, there's Kazuo-Ayako first met side story chapters in vol. 8. And yes, in these chapters, Kazuo was still a junior high student, and Ayako doesn't wear any uniform at all in this timeline. So the drama must be faithful to the manga, in characters age-wise.
Wow...having a child at 15....must have been tough.....

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 19th, '07, 12:34

kezianthei wrote:has epi 2 aired yet?
yes, it aired last friday. the subbed version is already here in d-addicts.

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Jul 19th, '07, 18:41

After watching the first two episodes all I can think about is how perfect Ishihara Satomi would have been as the main girl :P I think the drama is pretty good but it feels like they are trying a little to hard to be the next Nodame Cantabile with the manga like humor. Some of the jokes just come off as awkward ad unfunny(like the random maid dance number) to me but I guess it's all subjective in the end :whistling:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 20th, '07, 11:52

Well just over an hour until episode 3 airs I cant wait!!!

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 20th, '07, 12:03

me too! wow you're lucky to be in japan to watch it! but it's quickly uploaded in the arashi clubbox anyway so i don't have to wait too long. ^_^x

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 20th, '07, 15:28

Omniscient wrote:I loved this episode as much as I did the first episode, and I couldn't stop laughing at all that happens while Tarou is dressed up like a maid (including the sudden dance sequence). This show is just getting better and better.
For anyone who doesn't want to wait for the subs or wants to see some screenshots of the second episode, I wrote up a detailed summary on my blog.
so your the owner of RandomCuriosity? that's awesome! i love your blog! i always like reading your summaries and opinions. :D

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 20th, '07, 15:50

i watched tonight's episode!
i forgot the exact details but

taro and takako are doing some work at the greenhouse place that taro always goes too. taro smiles and says something about "uchi no hatake" (my house's garden/field). we then see takako's imagination with taro with this palace and huge vast acres of field. :lol but of course we know taro was referring to his little veggie garden.

the part when takako's mom and takuya come home with taro was such a good part. after takako's mom meets the yamada family she promises to help train taro.
taro's bargain shopping apprenticeship and training was so epic! :lol and takuya got in on it too. at one point we see takuya's imagination: hes in the market on bargain day. he hears this stampede of bargain shoppers approaching and he gets this really worried/scared look on his face. :lol taro and takuya have to do squats and run to train for bargain day. such epic training~

on bargain day, takako's mom was pushing through to the front of the crowd of shoppers by doing her crazy clapping thing. and taro followed and did the same :lol . taro fell behind the crowd a bit and then he stopped. and when he starts to run toward the goal (a juicy piece of beef for bbq) hes shown running through a field in slow-motion toward a cow XD

at the end of the ep, taro invites takako to his house for the barbeque party (which was takako's mom and takuya's idea). at the end reality hits her when she sees where taro lives. the ep ends with taro's dad approaching home!

next ep: the return of taro's dad. and idk but takako was hugging taro's dad for sum reason?
oh and btw, nino does so much cosplaying in this ep XD. though i wasnt able to give full attention to this episode for a good portion of the time because my 9 yyr old host sister was being annoying and constantly complaining about wanting to (and trying to)change the channel :glare: . i was thinking 'NO! no one messes with my taroNino/sho time'

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 20th, '07, 21:25

next ep: the return of taro's dad. and idk but takako was hugging taro's dad for sum reason?
About that,
Takako happens to fall in love with Taro's dad as well. :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 21st, '07, 01:55

wachi wrote:About that,
Hee...??? Saitei! xD I like Takako's character so far. But if she really totally turn her back to Taro, because he's poor... hmm... that might changes my view abt her xD and now, she likes Taro's father too?? xD I've read the last half of the manga, but I'm still confused with her back and forth behaviour..lol!
Was there YamaTaro promotion in Ohsama Buranchi July 14th??

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 21st, '07, 04:28

wachi wrote:
About that,
ahaha Takako is so silly. :lol
i wonder if we get to see Taro's dad cosplay in her fantasies too :P

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 21st, '07, 04:46

Haven't seen the third episode yet so I'm resisting the spoilers!!

I ALSO agree with the person who shuddered at the mother. (I seem to be only agreeing in this thread, lol). She just seems so stupid that I want to slap her. One must wonder if she actually knows how babies are made. And then the way her children all let her get away with spending money on crap. *sigh* poor children!

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 21st, '07, 04:53

the children are so... whats the word... forgiving? understanding? about the troubles in their lives. but thats what makes them all the more adorable and loveable. oh and the fact that their happy. ^^

BabiiBue92

Post by BabiiBue92 » Jul 21st, '07, 06:15

They guys are pretty cute, they look really young

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 21st, '07, 09:03

For next week's ep4 (to those who have read the manga),
Who's that blonde boy?? Aaron? is he to replace Maria character in the manga? or to replace the Arabian boy, Ari, near the end of the manga when Taro's father return for the 2nd time?? x) Too bad, I wish Maria appear in the dorama, haha... but maybe she'll expose too much of nudity for the kids audience... x)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 22nd, '07, 02:41

Man why do all the girls go crazy over nino smile??? Sho's is so much cuter!!!!!

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 22nd, '07, 05:27

Because Sho is not Taro? :mrgreen:

I guess no Maria then. She might be a little too much for ..younger viewers and I'm not sure how the writers will be able to write a clean version of that. :lol

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 22nd, '07, 12:29

wachi wrote:Because Sho is not Taro? :mrgreen:

I guess no Maria then. She might be a little too much for ..younger viewers and I'm not sure how the writers will be able to write a clean version of that. :lol
I'm intrigued. Who's Maria? Sorry I haven't read the manga...

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 22nd, '07, 14:02

Yorokobi wrote:Man why do all the girls go crazy over nino smile??? Sho's is so much cuter!!!!!
because Sho is the quiet one that doesn't really interact much with others? i <3 them both though

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 22nd, '07, 14:05

i don't know if the topic has already been brought up or not... but does anyone know where to download the manga?

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 23rd, '07, 00:17

^ http://sakuracrisis.ukepile.com/scans.html & http://kagami.mnm-scanlations.com/
ojouprincess wrote:I'm intrigued. Who's Maria? Sorry I haven't read the manga...
I'm not entirely sure about their relationship
Maria takes care of Kazuo while he was in Italy. She follows him back to Japan only to find out that he's married, poor, and with kids. She goes out of her ways to get Kazuo. There are some nudity involving her in her underwear, her making out with Kazuo & Taro (not at the same time :mrgreen: ) .. basically she's half-dressed most of the time. :D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 23rd, '07, 00:32

It would be interesting by the sounds of things if they put maria in but you may be right about it being too much for the younger veiwers.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 23rd, '07, 02:20

I heard that eps 3 got 16,5% ?! Congratz~ !! :)

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 23rd, '07, 03:46

Nomanymore wrote:I heard that eps 3 got 16,5% ?! Congratz~ !! :)
yeah, just like hana kimi... yay for my fave dramas :-)

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 23rd, '07, 08:36

I see. So the Taiwanese drama actually had Maria in it.

I guess Takako is just too much for me in episode 3. I don't hate her in ep 1-2... but in ep 3... well now it's not very nice of her.
I wonder how's her reaction after find out that Kazuo is Tarou's dad XDDDD

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jul 23rd, '07, 09:30

Thank you yuckie so for timing this series!!

I had no idea there was a TW version of Yamada Taro. Just started watching episode 3 and I like this drama but that girl really annoys me :glare: . She's so superficial! She likes him because he's rich?! I really don't like those type of people who only see you as money. She's way too fangirly too (not that I have anything against fangirls because I am a Yamapi fangirl :D ) ...I don't know why but I just can't stand her. Nino has that nice guy quality down but I can't see him as a super hot guy (gomen Nino fans.. please don't hurt me XD !!). Sho is looking cute though :lol !

hiddenhappiness

Post by hiddenhappiness » Jul 23rd, '07, 20:22

IndieRockerette wrote:She likes him because he's rich?! I really don't like those type of people who only see you as money.
Me too, I was so happy to see her FINALLY meet Nino's family and see that his house isn't a mansion, but what she said after that I was like: .. what a b$%&$.
>__<;;
I found her OK the first 2 episodes, but her fantasies are starting to get to me~

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 23rd, '07, 20:53

take it easy ladies, the girl is only 16 years old and at this age, it's acceptable to be a naive dreamer ! :roll

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 23rd, '07, 20:59

nanikore wrote:i don't know if the topic has already been brought up or not... but does anyone know where to download the manga?
I have the manga until v05 on my site.

From the very beginning, I already didn't like the main girl.
I don't like her character even in the manga because of how she treats Yamada-kun. She suddenly stops seeing him when she found out he was poor. What a money hoard. I prefer the relationship (if it even exist) between Yamada and the guy who's supposed to hate him but turns into love. That one is too funny, makes me laugh how he reacts whenever he hears Yamada is close by. So cute.

untamedesires

Post by untamedesires » Jul 23rd, '07, 21:10

i havent seen any of it yet...clubbox is being really slow lately....but i've heard mixed reviews....either extremely good or bad haha

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 24th, '07, 06:27

People need to take it easy on Takako. First of all, her role isn't what I would consider a 'main lead'. She's just part of the drama. No need to get all upset and beside, Taro isn't IN LOVE with her.. so basically she's not hurting him nor does he even care that much. She's young and confused. It's actually quite funny seeing her like that.. I don't get why people hate her so much. :scratch:

Her reaction to finding out about Kazuo is just basically the best part of that volume! Poor thing.

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 24th, '07, 08:05

wachi wrote:I don't get why people hate her so much. :scratch:
I don't hate her that much, but I must say that when I hear the words that came out from her mouth after seeing Tarou's house, I feel a bit annoyed/offended XD Strange heh?

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 24th, '07, 08:35

yuckie wrote:
wachi wrote:I don't get why people hate her so much. :scratch:
I don't hate her that much, but I must say that when I hear the words that came out from her mouth after seeing Tarou's house, I feel a bit annoyed/offended XD Strange heh?
me too, and I'm one of those people who really like her despite the Tama no Koshi dreams.
I hope they'll make her more likeable for the next episode. If not, I strongly believe there's a conspiracy to pair up Taro with Takuya instead. :P

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 24th, '07, 09:38

aishoni2 wrote: If not, I strongly believe there's a conspiracy to pair up Taro with Takuya instead. :P
Mannnn!!! I have no doubt about it. Totally O_o seeing the way Mimura looks at Tarou. XDDDD

I wonder when Mimura's role will be bigger for Tarou's life other than on episode 2

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 24th, '07, 10:31

Well, Mimura has always play a big role in Taro's life ..but then again, this isn't about Mimura, but more on Taro & his family. He's always there for the support. Something more like episode 2 should be when
Yoshiko (Taro's sister) & Mimura gets engaged.
I don't believe that Takako is ever mean or anything.. she's really just misguided. I'm not sure how many people here are actually looking for romance in this drama, but based on the manga.. there is none.. at least not between Takako & Taro. Her love is unrequited ..she just doesn't know it. Taro x food is OTP.

yuckie

Post by yuckie » Jul 24th, '07, 10:36

wachi wrote:Something more like episode 2 should be when
Yoshiko (Taro's sister) & Mimura gets engaged.
I wonder whether that will show up on the drama.
Yoshiko looks so small. And what I know is just that there will be a kiss.

wachi

Post by wachi » Jul 24th, '07, 10:43

^ Yeah, there was. I'm not sure how that will go. I mean consider how the drama seems to follow the manga so far.. they might not leave that out, maybe on the cheek instead? :D

I'll be disappointed if they left out the 'yaoi' story! :x :P

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Jul 24th, '07, 12:21

Omigosh this drama is SO wacky :lol
The whole thing about that beef was so corny and funny...and yet it was kind of touching too, when you see how much Taro wants to provide for his family. Seems to me like nearly all the touching moments in the show have been based on his little siblings, eh? They're all so cute!

The girl Takako is just really annoying though. What she said at the end of the episode...gosh. I'm actually happy that her dreams are shattered -_-
So far I'm seeing Nino (as Taro) as a really nice, warm, friendly guy but I agree with some others that I just can't see him as a very hot guy...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 24th, '07, 13:38

He's cute yea but I dun't think he's hot ^^; well I think cuteness + acting skill is enough right ? lol

christ_freak

Post by christ_freak » Jul 24th, '07, 17:07

I personally prefer Mimura-kun. He's so handsome (in the cute and silent) way. I'm sorry but l loved his smirk when he dressed up Taro as a maid. Too funny!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 27th, '07, 14:09

Tonight's ep4, some good, some I'm disappointed with...
Some good: I like -Takako rebounds to Taro's father- plot^^ Poor Takako...lol! Love her imagination on the RICH-KAZUO!! Kakkoii^^

Disappointed: In the manga, Kazuo-Ayako is my favorite couple besides Mimura-Yoshiko. Yappari, one of the reason is because of the European woman, Maria's existence, made Kazuo-Ayako's interesting chemistry prominent in the manga. But there's no Maria in the drama... so we didn't get to see much of Kazuo-Ayako's chemistry =( I also loved Kazuo-Ayako's past story in the manga, I hope they'll show that at least, as a flashback in the dorama.

I like the way Kazuo gone again in the manga, and how Ayako got depressed about it. But in the drama, it seems like Ayako got totally used to it and all smiley about it =( *sigh* I guess this is the price of reading the manga first x)

Next week! Seems like Sugiura starts feeling something for Taro!! Yay! Haha... I'm totally NOT into yaoi....but since all Sugiura's yaoi plot is so funny in the manga, I hope it gets funny too in the dorama!
Seems like, Takako falls for Mimura next week! Takako and Mimura??! No way, where does that come from?? So after, Taro, Taro's father... now she rebounds to Mimura?? Its not in the manga at all, but I guess, this will give more space for Mimura character to develop x)
I really hope Mimura-Yoshiko's plot starts on ep6, that's one of the best part of the manga!

Can anyone tell me, the singer and the title of the song comes out, on Takako making cookies scene, and Taro practicing in the bear costume, and Mimura listening to the song through headphones? Yoroshiku!^^

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 28th, '07, 01:15

I really enjoyed last nights episode too! This series is yet to let me down. Spose its lucky I havent read the manga yet.
Takako is so funny, her wild imagination lets anything seem possible!
I love Taro's dad too (especially his cute pointy teeth!)
Im glad that they made Takako's love for Taros dad only last one episode though it would have been weird to make her unaware for a long time like with Taro.
IReally the Takako Mimura thing doesnt happen in the manga? I thought it made sense to happen seeing as he is the only actually 'rich prince'.
Anyway next weeks episode looks awsome too, I cant wait!!!
Friday is diffinatly my busy drama night now that im watching jotei, yamada taro, and sushi oji!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 28th, '07, 01:51

Additions on next week's Ep5:
According to Za Terebi's magazine synopsis: "The Yamada family is going to the Tanabata Festival. Taro's sister, Yoshiko, wants to wear a new kimono to the festival. Taro talks to Takako about this."

Hmm... I really hope Mimura is involved in this Yoshiko's new kimono thingy, coz in the manga, that's all how it starts for Mimura-Yoshiko^^ But I'm glad Yoshiko finally starts to get focus in the dorama, she's one of my favorite female character, and I also like the child actress, Haruna-chan, in the dorama too^^ I heard Nino said he feels dokidoki when he talk to Haruna-chan in the filming location, hehe...
Yorokobi wrote:
Really the Takako Mimura thing doesnt happen in the manga? I thought it made sense to happen seeing as he is the only actually 'rich prince'.
Yup, to think of it. It does make sense, huh? Last night, after Takako's dream shattered into pieces, I did kinda think, "heyy, instead of Taro's father, why didn't she rebound to Mimura, who is clearly rich??" ^^

I forgot to mention, since Takako falls for Mimura, from the next week's preview, it seems like there's gonna be lots of focus on Mimura! Yay! (its weird that my fave guy in the dorama is always the 2nd character, in HanaKimi its Nakatsu, in YamaTaro its Mimura xD)

And, now that I remember, the Mimura-Yoshiko plot MIGHT will start on Ep5, since I heard Taro said, "Marriage? It's too fast!!" in the preview^^
Cannot wait for next week's ep!!!^0^

YamaTaro is really doing well, last week's Ep3 reached 21.8% rating at one point, and it is ranked #4 in the "Top Ten TBS Programs Rating". None of other TBS dramas make it to the Top Ten, except YamaTaro :-) The others in the Top10 are TBS variety shows.

ngpossible

Post by ngpossible » Jul 28th, '07, 02:10

yanie wrote:Additions on next week's Ep5:
According to Za Terebi's magazine synopsis: "The Yamada family is going to the Tanabata Festival. Taro's sister, Yoshiko, wants to wear a new kimono to the festival. Taro talks to Takako about this."

Hmm... I really hope Mimura is involved in this Yoshiko's new kimono thingy, coz in the manga, that's all how it starts for Mimura-Yoshiko^^ But I'm glad Yoshiko finally starts to get focus in the dorama, she's one of my favorite female character, and I also like the child actress, Haruna-chan, in the dorama too^^ I heard Nino said he feels dokidoki when he talk to Haruna-chan in the filming location, hehe...
Yorokobi wrote:
Really the Takako Mimura thing doesnt happen in the manga? I thought it made sense to happen seeing as he is the only actually 'rich prince'.
Yup, to think of it. It does make sense, huh? Last night, after Takako's dream shattered into pieces, I did kinda think, "heyy, instead of Taro's father, why didn't she rebound to Mimura, who is clearly rich??" ^^

I forgot to mention, since Takako falls for Mimura, from the next week's preview, it seems like there's gonna be lots of focus on Mimura! Yay! (its weird that my fave guy in the dorama is always the 2nd character, in HanaKimi its Nakatsu, in YamaTaro its Mimura xD)

And, now that I remember, the Mimura-Yoshiko plot MIGHT will start on Ep5, since I heard Taro said, "Marriage? It's too fast!!" in the preview^^

YamaTaro is really doing well, last week's Ep3 reached 21.8% rating at one point, and it is ranked #4 in the "Top Ten TBS Programs Rating". None of other TBS dramas make it to the Top Ten, except YamaTaro :-) The others in the Top10 are TBS variety shows.
i totally agree with you when you say you like the second character best. i die whenever mimura smiles, not so much when taro does even tho he's the one with the million dollar smile. and i'm also watching hana kimi right now...toma is totally outshining shun
someone said above that nino gets doki doki when talking to haruna. i got kind of confused cus they were talking about the little sister that's played by haruna chan, but there's also another haruna chan whom is supposedly who mimura talks about marrying. so it must be the older one, the singer, who is the one that makes nino doki doki? who is she btw? i've never heard of her...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 28th, '07, 02:31

ngpossible wrote:
yanie wrote:Additions on next week's Ep5:

Yorokobi wrote:

i totally agree with you when you say you like the second character best. i die whenever mimura smiles, not so much when taro does even tho he's the one with the million dollar smile. and i'm also watching hana kimi right now...toma is totally outshining shun
someone said above that nino gets doki doki when talking to haruna. i got kind of confused cus they were talking about the little sister that's played by haruna chan, but there's also another haruna chan whom is supposedly who mimura talks about marrying. so it must be the older one, the singer, who is the one that makes nino doki doki? who is she btw? i've never heard of her...
Yeah I admit im a little confused too but these people have read the manga so they no what they are talking about. I guess ill wait to see how it comes out in the drama.

By the way I totally agree with you about Mimuras smile, makes my heart almost explode when I see it ! :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 28th, '07, 03:27

ngpossible wrote:
Sorry to confuse you x) In the manga AND the dorama, Taro's younger sister, the eldest daughter of the family is Yamada Yoshiko, 9 years old. The child actress' real name who play Yoshiko role is Muranaka Haruna, 10 years old^^ I've only known about her from YamaTaro drama either. And after several episodes, though she didn't get any major plot yet, I just like her^^ She's cute in the OhsamaBrunch interview too, saying her favorite song is Arashi's We Can Make it^^

I only read from another forum, that in the filming location, Nino felt dokidoki when he talk to Haruna-chan, the actress who acts as Yoshiko, Taro's sister.

SPOILER on the Mimura-Yoshiko story:
In the original story, Mimura and Yoshiko will get engaged, to get marry in the future. Because Mimura's grandfather loved Yoshiko so much, and thought Yoshiko is the female version of Taro(or Tamiko, for him)^^ The grandfather wants Yoshiko to be Mimura's bride. Yoshiko likes Mimura and Mimura (mysteriously^^) doesn't mind to be engaged with the little girl. So they got engaged, in the end.

Before that engagement, Yoshiko came to Mimura's house to seek Taro. Yoshiko saw few ladies in the house with beautiful kimonos, and she really want to wear one, deep inside. But she never say anything to Taro. However Mimura understand her from her expressions when she saw the ladies in kimono. So, Mimura gave her, his sister's old kimono, and put the kimono on for Yoshiko.
I think this is the POINT where Mimura-Yoshiko finally agrees to the engagement. Coz Yoshiko likes Mimura more due to Mimura's kindness. And when Yoshiko asked, "How come you know I want to wear a kimono?". Mimura said, "You kept staring at the ladies in kimonos... but then you never say it out loud coz you don't want Yamada to worry about it, right?". I think, somehow, Mimura admire Yoshiko's trait that she doesn't like to make her eldest brother worry^^

At first, Taro was totally against this, of course, he thinks marriage is too fast for Yoshiko. But since Mimura's grandfather said its only an engagement, and they'll do the marriage when Yoshiko has become an adult....and as soon Mimura's grandfather mentioned "tama no koshi" (married to money), Taro starts to think over, and finally agrees, lol!

And in the dorama's next week's preview Taro said, "Kekkon nante hayai!!(marriage? its too fast!)". So, I wonder if it'll start from next week x) Though there's a possibility he might be talking about a totally different matter, a made-up script probably.

ngpossible

Post by ngpossible » Jul 28th, '07, 19:12

yanie wrote:
ngpossible wrote:
Sorry to confuse you x) In the manga AND the dorama, Taro's younger sister, the eldest daughter of the family is Yamada Yoshiko, 9 years old. The child actress' real name who play Yoshiko role is Muranaka Haruna, 10 years old^^ I've only known about her from YamaTaro drama either. And after several episodes, though she didn't get any major plot yet, I just like her^^ She's cute in the OhsamaBrunch interview too, saying her favorite song is Arashi's We Can Make it^^

I only read from another forum, that in the filming location, Nino felt dokidoki when he talk to Haruna-chan, the actress who acts as Yoshiko, Taro's sister.

SPOILER on the Mimura-Yoshiko story:
In the original story, Mimura and Yoshiko will get engaged, to get marry in the future. Because Mimura's grandfather loved Yoshiko so much, and thought Yoshiko is the female version of Taro(or Tamiko, for him)^^ The grandfather wants Yoshiko to be Mimura's bride. Yoshiko likes Mimura and Mimura (mysteriously^^) doesn't mind to be engaged with the little girl. So they got engaged, in the end.

Before that engagement, Yoshiko came to Mimura's house to seek Taro. Yoshiko saw few ladies in the house with beautiful kimonos, and she really want to wear one, deep inside. But she never say anything to Taro. However Mimura understand her from her expressions when she saw the ladies in kimono. So, Mimura gave her, his sister's old kimono, and put the kimono on for Yoshiko.
I think this is the POINT where Mimura-Yoshiko finally agrees to the engagement. Coz Yoshiko likes Mimura more due to Mimura's kindness. And when Yoshiko asked, "How come you know I want to wear a kimono?". Mimura said, "You kept staring at the ladies in kimonos... but then you never say it out loud coz you don't want Yamada to worry about it, right?". I think, somehow, Mimura admire Yoshiko's trait that she doesn't like to make her eldest brother worry^^

At first, Taro was totally against this, of course, he thinks marriage is too fast for Yoshiko. But since Mimura's grandfather said its only an engagement, and they'll do the marriage when Yoshiko has become an adult....and as soon Mimura's grandfather mentioned "tama no koshi" (married to money), Taro starts to think over, and finally agrees, lol!

And in the dorama's next week's preview Taro said, "Kekkon nante hayai!!(marriage? its too fast!)". So, I wonder if it'll start from next week x) Though there's a possibility he might be talking about a totally different matter, a made-up script probably.

thanks for clarifying everything!
so the little girl is 9 and mimura is supposedly 17...was that big age difference ever a problem addressed in the manga? i think i'd feel a little weird in the dorama if i watched mimura doing that with a little girl. it would've give me the feel of a romantic couple...rather, i'd feel like yoshiko would have another older brother...but just one who understands her a little more deeply. but yeah, there might be a plot in the upcoming episode that changes it around? haha...for the viewers like me who wouldn't really believe it could happen just like that....probably cus we haven't read the manga yet. feels kinda weird...hehe.

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Jul 31st, '07, 00:02

I scanned through this entire thread to see if this was mentioned yet, but it hasn't been!

After I began watching episode 4, I got curious about Matsuoka Mitsuru (Kazuo, Taro's father) and looked around. Just found out he's the singer for a band called Sophia. I don't know them though, but it explains why he doesn't have much of an acting background. His first dorama was called Hito ni Yasashiku and in it he played...

YAMADA TARO!

Well, another character named Yamada Taro. Not our Taro, as far as I know. I think that's really cute. The series actually vagely resembles Yamada Taro Monogatari. It's about 3 tough boys who live together in incredible poverty, but have a motto of being cheerful anyways! then they find a kid on their doorstep and have to take of him, but discover he was a rich kid or something.

Thank you yanie for the spoilers! I hope that ends up in the show, although it looks like Takako will be sticking around. Bah.

Also, thanks to whoever explained Kazuo and Ayako's ages. Woah! Kazuo was so young... Ha. No wonder he's such a big kid.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Aug 1st, '07, 08:02

SusieQ wrote:I scanned through this entire thread to see if this was mentioned yet, but it hasn't been!

After I began watching episode 4, I got curious about Matsuoka Mitsuru (Kazuo, Taro's father) and looked around. Just found out he's the singer for a band called Sophia. I don't know them though, but it explains why he doesn't have much of an acting background. His first dorama was called Hito ni Yasashiku and in it he played...

YAMADA TARO!

Well, another character named Yamada Taro. Not our Taro, as far as I know. I think that's really cute. The series actually vagely resembles Yamada Taro Monogatari. It's about 3 tough boys who live together in incredible poverty, but have a motto of being cheerful anyways! then they find a kid on their doorstep and have to take of him, but discover he was a rich kid or something.

Thank you yanie for the spoilers! I hope that ends up in the show, although it looks like Takako will be sticking around. Bah.

Also, thanks to whoever explained Kazuo and Ayako's ages. Woah! Kazuo was so young... Ha. No wonder he's such a big kid.
woah! that's crazy! how Kazuo's actor played the role of another Yamada Taro :lol

DredPirateScotty

Post by DredPirateScotty » Aug 1st, '07, 08:29

.....Does anyone else think that those little toy cars of Mimura's look alot like the cars on the Arashi single "Love so Sweet"?? Or am I just crazy?

teatea
Location: In the woods casting a curse on those who have been naughty

Post by teatea » Aug 1st, '07, 08:48

^hahaha, no your not dreaming, they look so similar!XD

Now isn't that interesting ne?
Last edited by teatea on Aug 1st, '07, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

fishy

Post by fishy » Aug 1st, '07, 08:52

TQs minna for the info and spoiler :wub: i love this drama. im really looking forward for more interesting plot in this series. Im dro0o0o0ling over next epi because of Mimura's charming smile and Taro's "Kekkon nante hayai" !! i just can't wait :p

DredPirateScotty nahh, you are not hehe cause when i saw the yellow toy car, its automatically remind me of Love So Sweet single cover. but the car model is different yo hehe

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 1st, '07, 09:02

true but i could be fooled into believing aiba and the lion are riding the same car
same colour, same model, same colour steering wheel!!

Acezan

Post by Acezan » Aug 1st, '07, 09:12

hahaha dis is one funny jdrama xD