Full House 2 (KBS, 20xx)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
arabian

Full House 2 (KBS, 20xx)

Post by arabian » Aug 1st, '07, 09:15

30.07.07 'Full House' Season 2 is going to be produced..

Season 2 of popular KBS drama 'Full House' is in the process of full-scale production.

Park Chang Shik of Kim Jong Hak Production stated on the 30th, "To make season 2 of 'Full House', writer Jo Jong Hwa is already in a full year's work and at present has successfully completed the script until the 3rd episode. We are also considering oversea locations."

The script and the casting of the main characters will be approached at this latter half of the year and the shooting and broadcasting of the show will happen next year. The director is as yet undecided.

Mr. Park said "The 'Full House' drama in 2004 received great love from many viewers and it was so successful as to receive offers from Chinese and South-eastern Asian countries to broadcast it on their television networks." and "If 'Full House' season 2 is just produced well then there is a high possibility that there will be great success not only in Korea but in Asia." It is yet unknown whether Rain and Song Hae Kyo, the main characters in the first season of this drama will be cast.

The KBS drama 'Full House' that aired in 2004 in August was a modern love story based on a sweet comic story and acted out by Rain (Young Jae) with Song Hae Kyo (Ji Eun) who were received as an extremely beautiful couple.
source: NATE news
translation: S2cookie@cloudaustralia.net

credit: LifeMadeSimple923 @ Full House Thread

creds : pips_feefa

Hope to be the original cast ( Rain & SHK ) again together :w00t: ..

Note: The cast still not confirmed yet..
Last edited by arabian on Aug 30th, '07, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

cantiara

Post by cantiara » Aug 1st, '07, 09:21

WHOA! :w00t:

If the storyline would be the continuation of the first one, then they really MUST get Bi and Song He Kyo to be in it as well, otherwise, I'm quite sure it's gonna be a flop...

blueseeker

Post by blueseeker » Aug 1st, '07, 09:55

wow imagine my shock this morning when i find this topic here.....oh that would be great if it was a continuation. Although i would not be terribly upset if it was a brand new plot. Thank you for informing us!

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Aug 1st, '07, 23:37

I wonder if it's going to be based on the comicbook again? Part 2 is already out.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 3539/4/0/0

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Aug 1st, '07, 23:50

Wow...what a shock, although not sure what to think on this news yet. I will have to wait and see first. Its a bit odd without the old characters but depending on how they handle this I MIGHT watch it, not sure yet. Japanese sequels work out great but thus far haven't seen any good ones from the other asian countries, except for ISWK2 which I WILL see.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 1st, '07, 23:55

OH MY GOD, the comicbook has a sequel too. and an old boyfriend? OMG! i am getting way to excited.
i really do think that it will be based on the comicbook, but hoping for BIKYO

Tomorrowishes

Post by Tomorrowishes » Aug 2nd, '07, 00:18

Personally I liked the way the first one ended and I have to say I don't know where this is going to go. I thought they generally covered all cliches and plot types. Unless of course they kill someone off... :pale:

Lingo

Post by Lingo » Aug 2nd, '07, 00:30

OMG!!!!! :cheers:

full house was my first korean drama and i loved it to bits :wub:

Even though, I agree with Tomorrowishes that the ending was already really good, I'm kind of curious what they are going to make out of Full House 2 ....

I just hope they will get Bi and Song Hae Kyo as main cast again :wub: :wub:

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:04

actually i heard that the sequel for the comicbook is something losing memory after car accident.
i really hate the who memory loss thing just like Meteor Garden 2. but wishing it'll be better this time.

Tomorrowishes

Post by Tomorrowishes » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:11

I will be sooo disapointed if they go through the memory loss thing...unless it only lasts 2 eps... :lol But it's so frustrating watching the story when they loose their memory. I've seen enough of that in hyd2.

lilsushi213

Post by lilsushi213 » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:14

oh my! i can't wait! but it has to be the same old cast!

xsakaiie

Post by xsakaiie » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:29

if they are going to make her lose her memory, I'm so not gonna watch it ><" it's going to be so so so annoying ! Even if Rain and Song Hye Kyo is in the cast, I won't support....well, I will try 'not' to support :cry:

haywon

Post by haywon » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:43

omg WOW, i never thought there'd be a second one.. i hope its the continutation from the prequel it would be really good as i loved the first one with it being funny and all. :D

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:59

if the kinda of memory loss in Hana Yori Dango 2, then i will definitely love it, cuz it only lasted 2 episode, and it was quite funny, but if it's like Metoer Garden, i will disappointed.

vampee

Post by vampee » Aug 2nd, '07, 20:12

My head just exploit when I read this topic.... Let me pick up the pieces, and maybe I will post later

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Aug 3rd, '07, 18:43

The only way a Season 2 of "Full House" would work is if it has a totally new cast. Rain and Song Hae Kyo should only do a guest appearance in Full House 2. I fear if the production company tries to bring back the entire old cast it will not work. I really loved how Full House ended and would hate to see it ruined with a bad script in a season 2.

If they where going to do a Season 2 of Full House they should have done it soon after the first one was made. The plot for the next Full House should be able two new main people in my opinion.

blueseeker

Post by blueseeker » Aug 3rd, '07, 19:31

marie_23, thinking about it you might be right. It is wonderful that a second part will be made but i think we were all pretty happy with the end and it left no lose end. It would be nice if they used the original cast as a continuation of their relationship but bring two new leads, or three to play a new story.

wasureppoi

Post by wasureppoi » Aug 3rd, '07, 19:50

WAHH!! YAAAYY!!! ^____^ i lovd da first one. i hope its a continuation of da 1st season. but if it is and dey dont use da same characters.. i dont kno if i'l still watch

Tomorrowishes

Post by Tomorrowishes » Aug 3rd, '07, 21:53

marie_23 wrote:The only way a Season 2 of "Full House" would work is if it has a totally new cast. Rain and Song Hae Kyo should only do a guest appearance in Full House 2. I fear if the production company tries to bring back the entire old cast it will not work. I really loved how Full House ended and would hate to see it ruined with a bad script in a season 2.

If they where going to do a Season 2 of Full House they should have done it soon after the first one was made. The plot for the next Full House should be able two new main people in my opinion.
This sounds really good if it did work out this way. I agree with everyone else that the best way is if a few other new characters were introduced and it was focused around their story. I'd like to see something like that happen. I see some bad things in the future if they do keep the old cast and continue with their story...

xproud2bapnayx

Post by xproud2bapnayx » Aug 3rd, '07, 22:05

im super excited!!! omg dey have to get bikyo in there or else.. i might not watch it..

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 3rd, '07, 23:31

How about a whole different story but with the same cast?

Tomorrowishes

Post by Tomorrowishes » Aug 4th, '07, 00:43

Personally my mind seems to be quite narrow at the moment and all I can think of is ...a birth? Or a death... Otherwise there'd have to be many small subplots combined to make it through. Hmm....my mind has seem to have frozen....

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 4th, '07, 01:27

yeah, maybe they gonna have like a kid and their lives after that... omg, i'm thinking too much. just so excited about this.

elaidiosa

Post by elaidiosa » Aug 4th, '07, 01:44

wow! full house rocked! i just hope that the FH2 will be as good (if not better) as the first one no matter who the actors will be or what the plot may be.. :D so excited! :lol

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Aug 4th, '07, 06:16

Tomorrowishes wrote:
marie_23 wrote:The only way a Season 2 of "Full House" would work is if it has a totally new cast. Rain and Song Hae Kyo should only do a guest appearance in Full House 2. I fear if the production company tries to bring back the entire old cast it will not work. I really loved how Full House ended and would hate to see it ruined with a bad script in a season 2.

This sounds really good if it did work out this way. I agree with everyone else that the best way is if a few other new characters were introduced and it was focused around their story. I'd like to see something like that happen. I see some bad things in the future if they do keep the old cast and continue with their story...
My feelings exactly :salut: Why ruin a good thing the first "Full House" had such great ending. I hope the Producers pick new main characters for the second season. And just have Rain and Song Hae Kyo do a guest spot in the season. Perhaps they could have Rain and Song Hae Kyo expecting a baby in this season. What ever they choose for the plot in this season they better not mess it up :cussing:

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 4th, '07, 21:03

OH GOd, i don't really care about the plot no more, if i get to see Shk and Bi again, i'm happy and that's it. SHK AND BI <3333333

arabian

Post by arabian » Aug 4th, '07, 21:34

gummonster wrote:OH GOd, i don't really care about the plot no more, if i get to see Shk and Bi again, i'm happy and that's it. SHK AND BI <3333333
Yes me too as long as we are going to see SHK & Rain together that's enought for me.. :lol

DryRice

Post by DryRice » Aug 4th, '07, 22:36

a second season of Full House. If its the original cast then that would be better.

applebear

Post by applebear » Aug 5th, '07, 00:31

I'm really excited about this! I really liked the first one. It was the first drama I watched.

I watched the first one because of the manhwa... CPM stopped publishing it at volume 3.
Bam-Bam wrote:I wonder if it's going to be based on the comicbook again? Part 2 is already out.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 3539/4/0/0
^
^
Sadly, this is volume 2 of the original story.

Regardless of who's in it. I just hope it's good. :unsure:

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 6th, '07, 03:24

the manhwa only has 3 volumes, well i never read manhwa, and really wanting to read it. is it similar to the series

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Aug 6th, '07, 03:33

i also want the way the FH1 ended.
but if they'll be having a baby this season..why not? :D

i was just wondering..is song hye kyo and bi together in real life?

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 6th, '07, 03:36

^ no song hye kyo and bi are no together in real life. they're rumored to be a couple, but they say that they're just friends.
bi once said that he wants a daughter like song hye kyo.

I wish they could be a real couple in real life and they will do dramas and movies together forever.haha

pinkstars

Post by pinkstars » Aug 6th, '07, 03:41

hahaha. i totally agree with you..
they look good together. :D

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 6th, '07, 03:46

yeah, they're the same age. and good chemistry, and beautiful together.
the funny thing is that shk is short while bi is so tall, like in full house, the last part when they were walking around, they look so funny, BUT CUTE .....

applebear

Post by applebear » Aug 6th, '07, 04:00

gummonster wrote:the manhwa only has 3 volumes, well i never read manhwa, and really wanting to read it. is it similar to the series
There are really more volumes. I don't know how many, though. The english version stopped at 3 because the publishing company (CPM) is lame. I was originally hoping to find a scanlation of it but it's licensed. Frankly, the published english version is really terrible, but the story was good. There are quite a few differnces but the story is in spirit, the same.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 6th, '07, 16:15

well, that too bad that they stopped translating, i really wanted to read it

AR_TRA

Post by AR_TRA » Aug 7th, '07, 01:18

woooow
it's one of my fav. dramas ^__^
hope it's good like the first season

thxx arabian 4 great news

reisheru

Post by reisheru » Aug 9th, '07, 10:33

Gosh hope Rain and Song Hye Kyo comes back as the cast! I luv them so much!!!!!! :cheers:

emceelegs

Post by emceelegs » Aug 10th, '07, 02:48

IS THAT TRUE??? just finished watching it again for the nth time...one of the pairs
in korean drama that has great chemistry...I JUST WISH THAT SONG HYE KYO
AND BI RAIN will be the main cast again...it will not be the same if they are not in
this Season 2 ..just thinking of it makes me feel excited.... :roll

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Aug 10th, '07, 03:00

Me too I'm so exicited just thinking about the Full House 2 with the old cast - Bi and Song Hye Kyo. But but but it's going to be a miracle if the production push through with Bi and SHK, right now both actors are busy and seems to be in a different path career.

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Aug 12th, '07, 13:43

geez actually i agree with you jaja.. but i sitll hope they'll perform that miracel lolz so shk and bi can have more time together.. i hope rain will stop that world tour concert lolzz...too bad hes not there in the hwangjini premiere becaus of that .. but atleast he visited shk in the hwangjini shooting right? in the middle of the night with packed food just for our shk omg so sweet :wub: .... oh but the grandmother in full house came in the premier lolz so happy... :D oh and rain didn't just said that he wants a daughter like shk also a wife like her ... i hope he gets straght to the point lolzzz.... but our shk only wants to marry if she's 31 we have to wait for that...well if the two of them become together for real.. i think rains father will be happy :whistling: lolzz.. hihihi i think he likes the chemistry of the two.. because he said that he doesn't really watch tv but when full house was shown he watched it without fail after full house tv becames his life lolzz i guess he will be very happy if there will be full house 2 .. me too!!! :cheers:
Last edited by majing_28 on Aug 13th, '07, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Aug 12th, '07, 13:55

ey everyone for bikyo fans pls watch this its convined videos in their full house promitions in china this 2007 you can notice that rain keeps on looking back to check if shk is doing fine geez their so cute together!!

bioshiva07

Post by bioshiva07 » Aug 12th, '07, 14:27

full house with the same characters....korea's princess and triple threat right? no new characters, i hope.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 12th, '07, 18:43

for some reason i think that their pomotion for Full House in China has something to do with Full House 2, maybe they both agreed to be in Full House 2 ?????????????????????????????

eirammm

Post by eirammm » Aug 13th, '07, 00:20

i just checked dramawiki and hell yea.. it's really true... sometime in 2008 is the airing.. arrgggh. i can't wait.. lol. full house was my first korean drama that really got al hooked up into other more korean dramas. i just wish the sequel won't turn like **** just like other drama sequels....and im hoping it'll be rainXSong Hye Gyo pairing again:)

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 17th, '07, 21:29

Honestly, I can't see how Full House 2 can be a good idea unless they bring back Rain and Song Hye-Kyo. I mean, isn't this more or less the same scenario as "Goong S", and people remember the backlash with that?

I guess FH2 would be made primarily for the pan-Asian market, as Full House's popularity is still high and fairly recent in China and the Philippines. But I don't know why any up-and-coming actor or actress would want to be compared against the original cast. I mean, how the heck are you going to be as popular as Rain?!? The basic story itself isn't that unique -- it was all about the star power of the leads and their chemistry.

At the same time, I don't know whether Song Hye-Kyo wants to do another variation of her "girl next door" role. During her Hwang Ji-ni press, she's expressed a desire to make a comeback to TV, but also to do more challenging, interesting roles.

jooliepoolie

Post by jooliepoolie » Aug 17th, '07, 23:49

WHAAATTT????
no way......
*hiperventilationg* i hope this is as good as the first..........

Elyre

Post by Elyre » Aug 18th, '07, 00:15

i hope they do get the original cast. one of the main reasons for seeing this drama again is because they want rain and song hye kyo together again. i don't think they'll have the same effect as last time without those two.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 18th, '07, 06:54

i know that song hye kyo said that she wants a mature role and is interesting in doing more movies but i hope that she reconsider and reunite with Bi again. and i also know that Bi is really busy right now. but hoping for the best couple ever to come back BIKYO, yeah

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Aug 18th, '07, 07:11

OMG!! they're going to make a second season? >_<
i am so watching it!! BUT i want the main cast together... or else.. very disappointing

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Aug 18th, '07, 07:28

:cheers: yatta!

pauuu

Full House 2!!

Post by pauuu » Aug 18th, '07, 17:29

The script and the casting of the main characters will be decided at this latter half of the year and the shooting and broadcasting of the show will happen next year.
The director has yet to be decided.
The writer, Jo Jong Hwa has successfully completed the script up until episode 3.
It remains unknown if the leads, Bi and Song Hye Gyo, of season 1 of Full House will return for season 2 of Full House.

excited or whaa? hopefully it'll be Song Hye Kyo and Bi again :wub:

YaGaMi82

Post by YaGaMi82 » Aug 18th, '07, 22:46

I've heard about this one, personally I think they shouldn't do a new series and just leave at how it ended but some people think it may be a brand new story with different characters. I'm going to still watch it when it's released though. :mrgreen:

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Aug 18th, '07, 23:03

hmmmmm i think it's a 50/50 chance it'll be a success... new cast? i think that'd be better.. don't ruin the first season!

nandasmith

Post by nandasmith » Aug 18th, '07, 23:40

I really hope it would be Song Hye Kyo and Bi again, because that´s the only way that will work...

And I actually think it has to be a realy good storyline, otherwise will just ruin Full House 1...

And I realy, realy, realy hope this time we have a big and long KISS!!!!!
:wub:

Vanilla_Spider__x

Post by Vanilla_Spider__x » Aug 19th, '07, 02:46

I dislike it when people say that because it's a sequel it won't be a good show or it'll ruin the original- I mean, have a bit more faith in the talent of the writers and actors, hm? n__n

As a HUGE Full House fan (It was my first drama :heart:) I'll be happily awaiting this sequel, no doubt~!

arielle7

Post by arielle7 » Aug 19th, '07, 06:09

OMG! Are you serious?! A full house 2!?! :cheers:

I would only like it if Bi and SHG were in it again. Hopefully, it will take place where it left off. Han-Jeun and Ji-Hoon have kids now, and the name "full house" takes on an all new meaning! I could SO see Bi in stressful parent situation! :goggle: And he was kind of a brat in the first season anyway, so it would be hilarius to see how he would act with kids. If they approached the drama in that way, I think it would be a success! Besides, I NEED to see Rain in another drama! :wub: LOL

I seriously hope that they don't make a spinoff like they did with Goong. I mean, I only liked Goong S b/c of se7en..If he weren't in it, there wouldn't have been a chance in heck that I would have watched that drama! :glare: So, the ONLY way I would watch FH2, is if they bring back the originals 8)

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Aug 19th, '07, 09:30

Vanilla_Spider__x: haha sorry we don't have so much faith in a second season... but usually most dramas' ratings go down on a second season, i think that's a fact. and movies. so we have our right to say that.. lol.

i really would like bi to act in another drama thoughhh =[ hasn't done one this yr yet!!!! ahh can't wait. he was so good in full house and a love to kill (only dramas i've seen w/ him in it) andd i liked the eccentric movie, i'm a cyborg, but that's ok =D

beertax

Post by beertax » Aug 20th, '07, 07:46

crazypilovee wrote:Vanilla_Spider__x: haha sorry we don't have so much faith in a second season... but usually most dramas' ratings go down on a second season, i think that's a fact. and movies. so we have our right to say that.. lol.

i really would like bi to act in another drama thoughhh =[ hasn't done one this yr yet!!!! ahh can't wait. he was so good in full house and a love to kill (only dramas i've seen w/ him in it) andd i liked the eccentric movie, i'm a cyborg, but that's ok =D
hmm I think your argument that sequels of dramas/ movies ratings go down is debatable. For every sequel you can name, I can name another that did better than the original riding on its momentum.

Anyway, whether its the original cast or not, this drama will only work if the two leads have awesome chemistry. Storyline matters less, because Full House is more about sappy romance than anhything else :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 20th, '07, 08:38

Anyway, whether its the original cast or not, this drama will only work if the two leads have awesome chemistry. Storyline matters less, because Full House is more about sappy romance than anhything else
Yeah, and I felt Full House itself was a kind of sequel to Attic Cat, which was also written by the same author (true story?) So at least for me, FH2 is the 3rd version of the same concept. Really, what made Full House good was that, halfway into the show, the writers let Rain be Rain -- the smiley, mischevious, yet sincere goofball, rather than the rather morose character that was there.

In terms of casting, if they don't go with Bi/SHG, it only makes sense to start with a very young up-and-coming cast. Maybe casting Park Shin Hye (who's actually really good in spite of Goong S) or Moon Geun Young in the female role, and Se7en (I kid I kid) in the male role.

I could see why Rain would do FH2. But I again don't know about SHG. The thing with Song Hye Kyo is that, even though she's a true Hallyu star and has been in 3 of the biggest non-history dramas of this decade, she hasn't gotten the roles like Jun Ji Hyun, Son Ye-jin, Han Hye-jin, or Gong Hyo Jin. Would FH2 move her career forward or it would be a concession that, well, she may be popular but typecast forever like Choi Ji Woo?

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 20th, '07, 15:26

arielle7 wrote:OMG! Are you serious?! A full house 2!?! :cheers:

I would only like it if Bi and SHG were in it again. Hopefully, it will take place where it left off. Han-Jeun and Ji-Hoon have kids now, and the name "full house" takes on an all new meaning! I could SO see Bi in stressful parent situation! :goggle: And he was kind of a brat in the first season anyway, so it would be hilarius to see how he would act with kids. If they approached the drama in that way, I think it would be a success! Besides, I NEED to see Rain in another drama! :wub: LOL

I seriously hope that they don't make a spinoff like they did with Goong. I mean, I only liked Goong S b/c of se7en..If he weren't in it, there wouldn't have been a chance in heck that I would have watched that drama! :glare: So, the ONLY way I would watch FH2, is if they bring back the originals 8)
i agree with you alot, it should take place where it left off, where they have kids and yeah the name Full House's meaning. and bi being a parent and all. and definitely Bikyo has to be in it. i think any drama with those two will be sucessful.
Last edited by gummonster on Aug 25th, '07, 23:57, edited 5 times in total.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 20th, '07, 15:42

It would be a dream come true to have SHK back for FH2 but I honestly do not see it happening at all. She has worked tirelessly over the past year to shake that baby-faced image of hers and it doesn't look like she'll ever return to that if she wants movie producers to take her seriously. Her next project will probably be another movie since both My Girl and I and Hwang Jin Yi pretty much bombed at the Box Office. 3rd time lucky perhaps?

In order for FH2 to reach the level of success of the original, they need to cast bankable stars. They really need to pull in the heavy-weights for this one. You know what, I would love to see Lee Da Hae in FH2 or even Kim Tae Hee (but she's probably busy trying to boost her movie career too). As for the male lead, Rain again would be nice but unlikely. How about Won Bin if he's fully recovered or Kim Rae Won if Gourmet finishes in time for FH2.

Come to think of it.....if it's not Rain/SHK again, I'd rather there not be a FH2 at all.

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Aug 20th, '07, 16:00

kobe23 wrote:It would be a dream come true to have SHK back for FH2 but I honestly do not see it happening at all. She has worked tirelessly over the past year to shake that baby-faced image of hers and it doesn't look like she'll ever return to that if she wants movie producers to take her seriously. Her next project will probably be another movie since both My Girl and I and Hwang Jin Yi pretty much bombed at the Box Office. 3rd time lucky perhaps?

In order for FH2 to reach the level of success of the original, they need to cast bankable stars. They really need to pull in the heavy-weights for this one. You know what, I would love to see Lee Da Hae in FH2 or even Kim Tae Hee (but she's probably busy trying to boost her movie career too). As for the male lead, Rain again would be nice but unlikely. How about Won Bin if he's fully recovered or Kim Rae Won if Gourmet finishes in time for FH2.

Come to think of it.....if it's not Rain/SHK again, I'd rather there not be a FH2 at all.
yeah if its not bikyo i'd just tell the director to stop and nevermind just don't continue it haha (if possible) wow i didn't know my girl and i was a big hit i haven't found it that good.... still haven't watched hwangjini...

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 20th, '07, 17:32

She has worked tirelessly over the past year to shake that baby-faced image of hers
And there's a perception that she's also making a comeback as a bankable star. Which -- I don't know -- is kinda sad and strange at the same time. By the time she was 22 -- Yoon Eun-hye's age now -- she had led or be in support lead roles for Autumn Tale, Hotelier, All In, and Full House. What other K-drama actress in this decade had that resume that early?
Her next project will probably be another movie since both My Girl and I and Hwang Jin Yi pretty much bombed at the Box Office.
I'm not sure how to read Hwang Jini because she herself recieved good critical notices, even if the movie adaptation wasn't very good. I think she did the movie mostly to change industry perception of her, which I think it did.
How about Won Bin if he's fully recovered or Kim Rae Won if Gourmet finishes in time for FH2.
Can't see Kim Rae Won (who would otherwise be great) wanting to do it, because he had already done Attic Cat. I'd love to see Won Bin do K-drama again, but I think he's set on his movie career.
You know what, I would love to see Lee Da Hae in FH2 or even Kim Tae Hee (but she's probably busy trying to boost her movie career too)
Yeah, the problem with the FH2 role is that, if you established yourself with a superhit like My Girl, why would you want to be cast in the sequel of somebody else's superhit? That would damage your brand. That's why, to me, it only makes sense to cast up-and-coming actors, not already top leads. I mean, I'd think a Hyung Bin would be terrific in Full House 2; I also think he'd be out of his mind if he actually wanted to take on a role made famous by Rain after establishing himself with Sam Soon.

I feel pretty strongly though, if SHK signs up for the role, Rain will sign up too. And, you know, the rumor mill between those two will start up again. :D

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 20th, '07, 22:07

kobe23 wrote:She has worked tirelessly over the past year to shake that baby-faced image of hers and it doesn't look like she'll ever return to that if she wants movie producers to take her seriously.
Oh I know! I was thinking the exact same thing. But I miss her baby-face :-( . She looks too mature now, and probably unfit for the role of Han Ji-Eun.

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 20th, '07, 22:38

Oh I know! I was thinking the exact same thing. But I miss her baby-face Sad . She looks too mature now, and probably unfit for the role of Han Ji-Eun.
SHK and her, erm, "stocky" frame has been kinda iffy point for much of her career though. She worked really hard to lose the pounds for All In (the Vegas scenes were shot first, and so you can actually see her weight fluctuate a bit as the show progresses) after being criticized for not really fitting the slender ingenue the part was originally written. I bring this up because outside of Korea, SHK -- stocky, short, boxy Song Hye-Kyo -- is considered one of the true Korean beauties. The soft, natural face, the full lips, the quietly voluptuous S-line, the image of effortless and accessible femininity, etc. etc. I don't really like her new look -- it's not so much about being "thin" or "normal" -- it looks like she dieted really hard, and now her skin looks wan and dry.

In terms of her acting, the generation of actresses born in 1980-1982 -- the tail end of the first(?) generation of Hallyu -- seem to be right now the main focus in K-dramas and movies. In only a few years, the true "2nd generation of Hallyu" (or 3rd, I forgot which "generation" we're on), next generation, 1984-1988, will be ready to take over.

herbski

Post by herbski » Aug 22nd, '07, 07:17

belleza wrote: SHK and her, erm, "stocky" frame has been kinda iffy point for much of her career though. She worked really hard to lose the pounds for All In (the Vegas scenes were shot first, and so you can actually see her weight fluctuate a bit as the show progresses) after being criticized for not really fitting the slender ingenue the part was originally written. I bring this up because outside of Korea, SHK -- stocky, short, boxy Song Hye-Kyo -- is considered one of the true Korean beauties. The soft, natural face, the full lips, the quietly voluptuous S-line, the image of effortless and accessible femininity, etc. etc. I don't really like her new look -- it's not so much about being "thin" or "normal" -- it looks like she dieted really hard, and now her skin looks wan and dry.

In terms of her acting, the generation of actresses born in 1980-1982 -- the tail end of the first(?) generation of Hallyu -- seem to be right now the main focus in K-dramas and movies. In only a few years, the true "2nd generation of Hallyu" (or 3rd, I forgot which "generation" we're on), next generation, 1984-1988, will be ready to take over.
That is correct. I find her very beautiful and I don't count her height and her frame against her.

Here in the Philippines, if we had someone who looked like SHK, guys would be falling all over themselves just to get her attention.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 22nd, '07, 15:07

belleza wrote:
She has worked tirelessly over the past year to shake that baby-faced image of hers
And there's a perception that she's also making a comeback as a bankable star. Which -- I don't know -- is kinda sad and strange at the same time.
Hmm... yeah, kinda like what happened with Son Yeh Jin in Alone In Love after a hiatus from dramas. But SYJ at least had some big hits during that time with films such as The Classic and A Moment to Remember. If SHK does ever return to dramas she would most likely choose a serious and mature role.
Yeah, the problem with the FH2 role is that, if you established yourself with a superhit like My Girl, why would you want to be cast in the sequel of somebody else's superhit? That would damage your brand. That's why, to me, it only makes sense to cast up-and-coming actors, not already top leads. I mean, I'd think a Hyung Bin would be terrific in Full House 2; I also think he'd be out of his mind if he actually wanted to take on a role made famous by Rain after establishing himself with Sam Soon.
Maybe because their superhit was bigger than yours? :P No, I do agree with you somewhat and you're probably right that stars such as LDH and HB would not accept such a role.

As for SHK's baby-faced look back in her earlier days....that's who I fell for, and the primary reason why I got into k-dramas in the first place. It really is a shame for her to change that image, but oh well, I guess she's gotta grow up sooner or later :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 22nd, '07, 18:03

Hmm... yeah, kinda like what happened with Son Yeh Jin in Alone In Love after a hiatus from dramas.
Mmm . . remember that SYJ was just coming off the success of Art of Seduction when she signed onto Alone in Love. Alone in Love wasn't viewed so much as a comeback vehicle, but one of SBS's "movie-dramas." I think SHK has gotten major credibility from Hwang Jini, but she hasn't really established as a movie draw yet. If and when she chooses a K-drama project, that would definitely be a comeback vehicle.
. It really is a shame for her to change that image, but oh well, I guess she's gotta grow up sooner or later
Yeah, after this development, I was like "oh dear what did you to yourself?"

http://popseoul.com/2007/07/16/song-hye ... -and-sexy/

But it could be fatigue or something. God I hope so. :(

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 22nd, '07, 18:06

wow i can't wait to watch it! :w00t:

caribbeandiva

Post by caribbeandiva » Aug 22nd, '07, 20:07

ya fullhouse was the first korean drama i saw too and i loved it, im glad dat they gonna have a second one but i reli hope rain and hye kyo wud still be in it or else i dont tink id watch it.

mista_chewey

Post by mista_chewey » Aug 23rd, '07, 05:34

belleza wrote:
. It really is a shame for her to change that image, but oh well, I guess she's gotta grow up sooner or later

what's up with people and tanning..... it just doesn't look right on some people

and the obsession with ultra skinny girls is kinda annoying now. what's wrong with some curves, that cute bubbly face of hers was perfect

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Aug 23rd, '07, 09:16

I think thats not recent. Please check below youtube link:

Song Hye Kyo recent look.
mista_chewey wrote:
belleza wrote:

what's up with people and tanning..... it just doesn't look right on some people

and the obsession with ultra skinny girls is kinda annoying now. what's wrong with some curves, that cute bubbly face of hers was perfect

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 23rd, '07, 15:20

belleza wrote:Yeah, after this development, I was like "oh dear what did you to yourself?"

Good god....I had not seen that picture before :goggle: She looks horrible there IMO. Very unhealthy - Looks like she hadn't eaten or slept in days, but that picture is perhaps not quite as bad as this one here. :pale:

Image Image Image

She looked so beautiful, healthy and confident in the past.
I guess I better stop or else it'll turn into a SHK thread 8)

roswell990

Post by roswell990 » Aug 28th, '07, 16:39

OMG !!! :lol :lol it's official .. SHG and Rain are gonna be in full house2 .. check dramawiki :cheers: :cheers: