[Tutorial] How to Convert AVI to Standard DVD for TV

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jun 12th, '07, 02:26

kht2015 wrote:Kyuuketsuki,
I apologize for not being a tech savy. I went to the site, downloaded the file, but I am not sure how to install it. It seems like the .inf file is not there.
Go to this page http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/index.html and download the file AC3ACM.zip. Unzip the files, then right-click on the "AC3ACM.inf" file, and choose "Install" from the popup menu.
Last edited by kyuuketsuki on Jun 12th, '07, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

kyuuketsuki

Re: [Tutorial] How to Convert AVI to Standard DVD for TV

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jun 12th, '07, 02:29

ferine wrote: Thanks!! I was able to burn my first DVD succesfully!! .. almost anyway.. Apparently, there's two diff dvd-video selection. The one I was talking about... I could burn it but the audio went all haywire. Then I found the other DVD-video burner and it allowed me to add the files. Anyway... I'm trying to convert an avi file to dvd but there was a error message saying that they can't decode the file. The file may be broken or haven't been decoded... Do you have any idea why??

Btw, I can play the dvd well on my computer with the whole vid in view. But it seems that when I play on my dvd player on diff television, the video doesn't fit on the screen. Could you enlighten me on how to make the vid fit onscreen on any television? thanks :)
I would have to see the exact error or log files to determine what was wrong with the decoding. You might be missing the codec.

The video doesn't fit on the screen due to overscan. Check the tutorial on what this is. Overscanning is automatically fixed if you follow the steps in the tutorial.

ferine

Post by ferine » Jun 12th, '07, 03:38

kyuuketsuki wrote:
ferine wrote: Thanks!! I was able to burn my first DVD succesfully!! .. almost anyway.. Apparently, there's two diff dvd-video selection. The one I was talking about... I could burn it but the audio went all haywire. Then I found the other DVD-video burner and it allowed me to add the files. Anyway... I'm trying to convert an avi file to dvd but there was a error message saying that they can't decode the file. The file may be broken or haven't been decoded... Do you have any idea why??

Btw, I can play the dvd well on my computer with the whole vid in view. But it seems that when I play on my dvd player on diff television, the video doesn't fit on the screen. Could you enlighten me on how to make the vid fit onscreen on any television? thanks :)
I would have to see the exact error or log files to determine what was wrong with the decoding. You might be missing the codec.

The video doesn't fit on the screen due to overscan. Check the tutorial on what this is. Overscanning is automatically fixed if you follow the steps in the tutorial.
I've read through the tutorial and it seems that the overscan problem needs the program you recommended simpleavi2dvd. Cos I'm working with rm files at the start so I like to know if that program is able to convert rm to dvd??

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jun 12th, '07, 22:52

ferine wrote: I've read through the tutorial and it seems that the overscan problem needs the program you recommended simpleavi2dvd. Cos I'm working with rm files at the start so I like to know if that program is able to convert rm to dvd??
SimpleAvis2Dvd does not support RM files, but you can convert the RM to AVI. Check www.videohelp.com or you can do a search here at d-addicts. Many people have talked about it.

Simpleeme88

Post by Simpleeme88 » Jun 29th, '07, 01:16

HELP! Okay..Umm...I am very new to this whole "burning to a DVD" thing-y..How in the heck do you unzip files?? Unzip files with what? What is a .exe file? I've researched it, but I am sooo confused. How do I open an .exe file?

And your tutorial is awesome, yet, complicated and confusing...But it's the best tutorial I've seen so far, especially, when it has images for us to see.

BTW, I have a MAC OS/X...WHat to do?? I am sooooooooooooo lost. Please help.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jun 29th, '07, 23:27

Simpleeme88 wrote:HELP! Okay..Umm...I am very new to this whole "burning to a DVD" thing-y..How in the heck do you unzip files?? Unzip files with what? What is a .exe file? I've researched it, but I am sooo confused. How do I open an .exe file?

And your tutorial is awesome, yet, complicated and confusing...But it's the best tutorial I've seen so far, especially, when it has images for us to see.

BTW, I have a MAC OS/X...WHat to do?? I am sooooooooooooo lost. Please help.
The programs in the tutorial probably won't do you much good for a MAC.
For MAC, I've read there is a program called Toast that will convert from AVI to DVD. However, I don't know how well it works with subtitles, overscan, quality, or converting from PAL to NTSC. I'm guessing on a MAC, you will still have to have the codecs installed for your AVIs before doing any conversion, but the process should be similar.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jul 14th, '07, 17:31

I uploaded a new version of SimpleAvis2Dvd 2.7. It's mostly to help me to figure out what is wrong when someone emails me with an AVI that they can't convert.

There are no bug fixes, only enhancements.
* Now displaying AVI audio codec
* Consolidated all logs into 1 file
* Added even more logging to help track down conversion problems.

Bunk

x264 files

Post by Bunk » Jul 22nd, '07, 20:28

Hello!

First, I would like to thank you for this tutorial. I've been able to encode the files to dvds, and enjoy them on my nice big tv with surround sound. They work great, even with my crappy zenith dvd player. :)

I have two questions, if you have a moment...

1. I recently tried to encode some Coffee Prince x264 files. I have the codec installed, and can watch them on my computer fine - but when I go to encode using either TMPGenc or Qenc, I get an error message that says,
"This window size is not accepted by selected MPEG-2 level".

Is there anyway around that? (aside from just downloading non-h264 .avi versions of the same episodes...) They say the quality is so much better with x264...

2. The Ental episode of Coffee Prince 3 only encodes the mpv about half way, and the audio doesn't complete either. I've tried it with TMPGenc, Qenc, and I've done a direct stream copy through Virtualdub, and it still didn't encode completely. Here's a copy of the last log.
--------------------------------------------------------
- 7/23/2007 9:43:01 AM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
- AVI2DVD ver. 1.2.3 build 1
Initializing
-
Initializing finished.

- 7/23/2007 9:43:01 AM
- Free on drive C: 13256.36 mb
- Restarting from: Video encoding
- 7/23/2007 9:43:02 AM
- Free on drive C: 13256.34 mb
- Video Encoding using TMPGEnc
- Encoding C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\AviSynth_Script_file.avs
StreamSectors: 1461765788
AudioSectors: 102086348
VideoPAPO: 21062160
ScanOffsetBytes: 96975
SeqAligningBytes: 6163300
DVDBytes: 0
VideoEndHeader: 4
SubtitleSectors: 0
EmptySectors: 238.00
PictureSectors: 0.00
PureMPEGStream: 1332357001.00
Seconds: 3597.26
CalcMPEGStream: 1332357001.00
Frames: 107750
CDSize: 1400.00
Number of CDs: 1
Cut point 1396.00
Max. Bitrate: 8000
Avg. Bitrate: 2963.05
Min. Bitrate: 2000
Executing TMPGEnc. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Plus 2.5\TMPGEnc.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\TMPGEnc_Project_file.tpr" /Encode /Close
Video Encoding finished.

- 7/23/2007 10:08:10 AM
- Free on drive C: 13256.02 mb
- Multiplexing Audio and Video
Executing MPlex. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\mplex.exe" -f 8 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\Coffee.Prince.E03.KOR.HDTV.XViD-Ental-[WITH S2].mpv" "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\Coffee.Prince.E03.KOR.HDTV.XViD-Ental-[WITH S2].mp2"
- 7/23/2007 10:08:13 AM
- Determining length of audio
Analyzing finished.

Image creation finished.

- 7/23/2007 10:08:18 AM
- Conversion done!
- 7/23/2007 1:16:46 PM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
Initializing
-
Initializing finished.

- 7/23/2007 1:16:46 PM
- Free on drive C: 12540.82 mb
- 7/23/2007 1:16:50 PM
- Free on drive C: 12540.80 mb
- Video Encoding using QuEnc
StreamSectors: 1461765788
AudioSectors: 102086348
VideoPAPO: 21062160
ScanOffsetBytes: 161625
SeqAligningBytes: 10272167
PureMPEGStream: 1328183484.33
Seconds: 3597.26
CalcMPEGStream: 1328183484.33
Frames: 107750
CDSize: 1400.00
Cut point 1396.00

Executing QuEnc. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe" -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\cp3.mpv" -b 2953 -maxbitrate 8000 -1 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3
- 7/23/2007 2:28:16 PM
- Free on drive C: 11390.29 mb
- Multiplexing Audio and Video
Executing MPlex. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\mplex.exe" -f 8 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\cp3.mpv" "C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\cp3.mp2"
- 7/23/2007 2:29:44 PM
- Free on drive C: 10831.50 mb
- Determining length of audio
Analyzing: C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg
3588.386 seconds C:\Documents and Settings\Lori\My Documents\kdrama\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg
Analyzing finished.

Image creation finished.

- 7/23/2007 2:30:07 PM
- Free on drive C: 10831.50 mb
- Conversion done!
--------------------
I can't tell what's triggering it. It plays fine on my computer.

7-24-07 EDIT
I compressed the x264 episode 3 using Virtualdub with the Xvid codec, and was able to encode it for dvd.

kyuuketsuki

Re: x264 files

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jul 25th, '07, 18:18

Bunk wrote:Hello!

1. I recently tried to encode some Coffee Prince x264 files. I have the codec installed, and can watch them on my computer fine - but when I go to encode using either TMPGenc or Qenc, I get an error message that says,

Is there anyway around that? (aside from just downloading non-h264 .avi versions of the same episodes...) They say the quality is so much better with x264...
Not sure where you heard that x264 is better quality. I have not studied it in depth, but I would be surprised if it is much better than XVID or DIVX, or if it is better at all. The x264 vids I've seen are actually pretty bad quality, but it's great for IPODs.

I'm not completely sure where that error about the window size comes from. I wonder if it is an error in the resizing more than the codec.
2. The Ental episode of Coffee Prince 3 only encodes the mpv about half way, and the audio doesn't complete either. I've tried it with TMPGenc, Qenc, and I've done a direct stream copy through Virtualdub, and it still didn't encode completely. Here's a copy of the last log.

I can't tell what's triggering it. It plays fine on my computer.

7-24-07 EDIT
I compressed the x264 episode 3 using Virtualdub with the Xvid codec, and was able to encode it for dvd.
I'd like to see the SimpleAvis2Dvd.log for this if you are still having problems. More than likely if it encodes halfway and stops it is a bad AVI. If it plays fine in WIndows Media Player, than WIndows Media Player is smart enough to skip over the bad headers.

Your solution to encode the video with Virtual Dub with the XVID codec is a very good solution because it will rewrite the AVI headers or bad frames and try to fix them. (I should probably add this to the FAQ and give you credit). If you do this, you will want to set the compression to a very low level (best picture) or even turn it off. This will take lots of space on your hard drive, but it should just be temporary for converting to DVD, then you can delete it.

foshio88

Post by foshio88 » Jul 25th, '07, 18:55

kyuuketsuki
wah thank you thank you!!~YAY i only read the first page. XD :wub:
awww i never do this DVD burning thing cept using Nero version which is sooo annoying(no subs to burn there).
thank you i will try later :cheers:
and delete my unnecessary folder in my HD, left like 5GB only woot XD
etou sumimasen... kyuuketsuki i wanted to know how to convert softsubs to hardsubs video like SARS fansubs did?yesh coz i would like to burn combined softsubs and video into one file. ONEGAI? 8)
recommend one software coz ur first page is like err wanted to burn already the file. ^^
THANK YOU! :thumleft:

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 3rd, '07, 12:46

First, I would like to thank you for this tutorial. I've been able to encode the files to dvds, and enjoy them on my nice big tv with surround sound. They work great, even with my crappy zenith dvd player. :)

K,
I'm also having the same problem as Bunk's. I'm trying to convert Coffee Prince x264 files, but my TMPGenc won't convert. It has something to do with window size , I guess.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 3rd, '07, 13:35

Im having some problem using your ''tutorial''

Each episode i make become 2 gigs or 1 gig +

I remember i used to take your tutorial & it used to work 100%

I used to Copy 5 episode per dvd
nowi can put 2 or 1......
I really dunno....

In DVD2SVCD The bitrate i changed it to Min 500 , max 800 .,

When i open the batch encode it changes it to 2000 each time

i cannot control it
let me know
what im doing wrong.

+ i didn't see any part in your tutorial about the size ^^

thanks

veollano

Post by veollano » Aug 6th, '07, 02:14

um.......i'm new to this and i'm jus installing all the things i need and now i'm pretty done with that. and now that i'm doing the steps i'm pretty lost, well i'm pretty sure i installed all of them, i just am not sure if they're workin' properly.anyways, here's the part where i stopped and hit a bump. i went up to the encoder and i installed Quenc and when i try to put in the information it always sends meh the wrong information to upload. idk wat i'm doing wrong though. so if someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. and once again i'm new at this so don't think i'm stupid or anything...haha. thanks though if you can help meh.

btw, thanks for the information, this is a really big help for meh.

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 6th, '07, 18:17

veollano wrote:um.......i'm new to this and i'm jus installing all the things i need and now i'm pretty done with that. and now that i'm doing the steps i'm pretty lost, well i'm pretty sure i installed all of them, i just am not sure if they're workin' properly.anyways, here's the part where i stopped and hit a bump. i went up to the encoder and i installed Quenc and when i try to put in the information it always sends meh the wrong information to upload. idk wat i'm doing wrong though. so if someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. and once again i'm new at this so don't think i'm stupid or anything...haha. thanks though if you can help meh.

In the encoder setting, make sure you choose QuEnc (the tutorial screenshot uses CCE), then click as shown in my screenshot below to locate where you installed (extracted) QuEnc.exe.
Attachments
QuEnc.PNG
QuEnc.PNG (18.38 KiB) Viewed 11681 times

veollano

Post by veollano » Aug 6th, '07, 20:12

ivenxubi wrote:
veollano wrote:um.......i'm new to this and i'm jus installing all the things i need and now i'm pretty done with that. and now that i'm doing the steps i'm pretty lost, well i'm pretty sure i installed all of them, i just am not sure if they're workin' properly.anyways, here's the part where i stopped and hit a bump. i went up to the encoder and i installed Quenc and when i try to put in the information it always sends meh the wrong information to upload. idk wat i'm doing wrong though. so if someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. and once again i'm new at this so don't think i'm stupid or anything...haha. thanks though if you can help meh.

In the encoder setting, make sure you choose QuEnc (the tutorial screenshot uses CCE), then click as shown in my screenshot below to locate where you installed (extracted) QuEnc.exe.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 7th, '07, 00:27

i always get this problem i dunno what's wrong. HELP? :(
im new at this thing but i always get stuck here

- 8/6/2007 5:23:44 PM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
Initializing
-
Initializing finished.

- 8/6/2007 5:23:45 PM
- Free on drive C: 53085.40 mb
- 8/6/2007 5:23:46 PM
- Free on drive C: 53085.38 mb
- Video Encoding using QuEnc
StreamSectors: 4630539788
AudioSectors: 40463164
VideoPAPO: 71102736
ScanOffsetBytes: 64007
SeqAligningBytes: 4067969
PureMPEGStream: 4514841908.83
Seconds: 1425.79
CalcMPEGStream: 4514841908.83
Frames: 42671
CDSize: 4430.00
Cut point 4426.00

Executing QuEnc. Commandline:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Desktop\QuEnc072\QuEnc.exe" -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\output folder\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\output folder\Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos Ep001 Pilot 7-16-07.mpv" -b 7200 -maxbitrate 8000 -2 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3

QuEnc failed to execute. Please verify your Encoder tab.

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 7th, '07, 02:49

xgela wrote: Executing QuEnc. Commandline:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Desktop\QuEnc072\QuEnc.exe" -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\output folder\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\output folder\Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos Ep001 Pilot 7-16-07.mpv" -b 7200 -maxbitrate 8000 -2 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3

QuEnc failed to execute. Please verify your Encoder tab.
Open DVD2SVCD, in the Encoder tab, make sure you select QuEnc and copy and paste C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Desktop\QuEnc072\QuEnc.exe into the box next to QuEnc. I assumed you stil have QuEnc.exe at this location on your Windows desktop. If you've moved it elsewhere, then you'll have to look for it and put in the appropriate path. Take a look at the screenshot in my previous post above this.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 7th, '07, 05:55

thanks. now im done & all but i dont know how to burn it exactly?
i have a dvd writer, would that burn my videos to my dvd? isn`t it the same?

and as for my files,
it shows 2 folders:

but the audio folder doesnt have anything inside?
im just asking if it really does'nt have anything inside it?

and what`s ISO-ing files?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 7th, '07, 13:30

blue_smurf wrote:

K,
I'm also having the same problem as Bunk's. I'm trying to convert Coffee Prince x264 files, but my TMPGenc won't convert. It has something to do with window size , I guess.
Try any or all of these
1. Make sure you can play with Windows Media player.
2. Make sure you have the codec.
3. Try to change the priority of your direct show filters (See FAQ)
4. Email me the log file
5. Email me a short clip of this file using Virtual Dub. (See FAQ)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 7th, '07, 13:34

foshio88 wrote: etou sumimasen... kyuuketsuki i wanted to know how to convert softsubs to hardsubs video like SARS fansubs did?yesh coz i would like to burn combined softsubs and video into one file. ONEGAI? 8)
recommend one software coz ur first page is like err wanted to burn already the file. ^^
THANK YOU! :thumleft:
Check the FAQ on why you should not make hard subs. Your quality will be worse. Although if you really want to do it, I think you can use Virtual Dub. There is another topic here on how to burn with hard subs that you can also check out.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 7th, '07, 13:36

hayabusa_fmw wrote:Im having some problem using your ''tutorial''

Each episode i make become 2 gigs or 1 gig +

I remember i used to take your tutorial & it used to work 100%

I used to Copy 5 episode per dvd
nowi can put 2 or 1......
I really dunno....

In DVD2SVCD The bitrate i changed it to Min 500 , max 800 .,

When i open the batch encode it changes it to 2000 each time

i cannot control it
let me know
what im doing wrong.

+ i didn't see any part in your tutorial about the size ^^

thanks
The size is completely controlled by SImpleAvis2DVD "Episode Size". You should never have to use DVD2SVCD
Last edited by kyuuketsuki on Aug 7th, '07, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 7th, '07, 13:41

xgela wrote:thanks. now im done & all but i dont know how to burn it exactly?
i have a dvd writer, would that burn my videos to my dvd? isn`t it the same?

and as for my files,
it shows 2 folders:

but the audio folder doesnt have anything inside?
im just asking if it really does'nt have anything inside it?

and what`s ISO-ing files?
The audio folder should be empty.

You're almost done. The hard part is over. The most important thing when buring to DVD is to choose "DVD Video" not "DVD Data". You can also create an ISO file from DvdAuthorGui to burn. It is a single file that contains everything. If you have Nero, choose "Burn Image" and point to the ISO file.

Burning depends on which program you use. If you don't use an ISO file, try burning as DVD video and point to your NBAD folder and it should work. If that does not work, try selecting all the files in your VIDEO_TS folder.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 7th, '07, 20:10

The audio folder should be empty.

You're almost done. The hard part is over. The most important thing when buring to DVD is to choose "DVD Video" not "DVD Data". You can also create an ISO file from DvdAuthorGui to burn. It is a single file that contains everything. If you have Nero, choose "Burn Image" and point to the ISO file.

Burning depends on which program you use. If you don't use an ISO file, try burning as DVD video and point to your NBAD folder and it should work. If that does not work, try selecting all the files in your VIDEO_TS folder.
i tried creating an ISO file using author gui and it still the same it doesn't go as one it still splits to two the audio folder and the video folder but i have this saved, what is this exactly?Image.i got that when i tried to exit aout the authorgui cuz it said it was done, but it asked me to save so ijust saved it but i dont know what it is. and i dont have NERO cuz i think its not free? can you recommend me some other program that could help me in burning videos? cuz my laptop comes with a dvd writer it says it on the box but i dont really know how to use it, lol.

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 8th, '07, 01:55

xgela, creating an ISO is optional, so don't worry about it if it doesn't work for you. You can burn a video DVD with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders that you created with DVDAuthorGUI. Don't worry about the .dva file (you can open it up with Notepad and will probably see that it contains instructions for DVDAuthorGUI).

Your computer should come with a DVD burning program. Just look in your Start>Programs menu and see if there is one. If you want a free DVD burner software that can actually burn a video DVD, get Free Easy CD DVD Burner. It's adware but it's free and very easy to use. Get it here: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/fecddvd.html

Once you installed it, run it and click on DVD-Video at the top. Then click on Add Files to Project on the left hand pane. Then navigate to your VIDEO_TS folder, select every file in that folder (drag your mouse to highlight and select all the files), then click Open. Now, make sure you have a blank DVD disk in your DVD drive, then click Burn in the left hand pane (screenshot below). In the next screen, you can put any name in the CD Name box, then click Burn Now in the left pane.
Attachments
fecd.png
fecd.png (121.59 KiB) Viewed 11302 times

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 8th, '07, 03:46

omgshhh thank you so much <333
so in that dvd burner that you just gave me,
if i do have an ISO file do i burn image?

thank you so much for the link. and the guide. (:

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 8th, '07, 04:03

xgela wrote:omgshhh thank you so much <333
so in that dvd burner that you just gave me,
if i do have an ISO file do i burn image?

thank you so much for the link. and the guide. (:
You're welcome. Yes, if you have an ISO file, put in a blank DVD disc, then in Free Easy CD DVD Burner, click on Copy CD/DVD at the top, then click Burn An Image File in the left pane and follow the easy steps.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 8th, '07, 06:30

uhmm one last question uhmm after i burned the video the vid played in my tv but no audio at all i dont know how to do it in virtual dub mod since the FAQ said to save it in avi so that means i have to cnvert it to mpeg all over again?

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 8th, '07, 07:29

xgela wrote:uhmm one last question uhmm after i burned the video the vid played in my tv but no audio at all i dont know how to do it in virtual dub mod since the FAQ said to save it in avi so that means i have to cnvert it to mpeg all over again?
First, check the SimpleAvis2DVD output directory: for each episode, there should be one .mp2 file that's NOT 0 KB in size. If you see an .mp2 file that's 0 KB in size, then you have to fix the corresponding AVI and then reconvert the audio part only, which takes only about 10 minutes or so. I use VirtualDub (not VirtualDubMod) and here's how I do it: I load the AVI into VirtualDub, click on Video, then select Direct Stream Copy, then I click on Audio, select Full Processing mode, then I click on File, then Save as AVI, then give it a new name. This should only take a few minutes at most. Then I load this new AVI into SimpleAvis2DVD and click, Audio, then Batch convert audio (this should take only about 10-15 minutes). Once you have all the proper mp2 files, author the DVD again with DVDAuthorGUI.

If all the mp2 files are OK and you don't have to fix them with VirtualDub, then do this next. Try playing the VIDEO_TS folder with a software DVD player on your computer. If you don't have one, download and install VLC Media Player. If you hear sound, then it means something went wrong with the burn. Burn again and make sure you follow all directions carefully.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 8th, '07, 09:03

idk whats wrong :(
i went to do what you told me.,
but when i tried playing it theres still no audio
even in my gom player and i do have the codecs tho.
and yes there is .mp2
but then still no audio when i paly it.
so i did the reconvert thing
still no audio. now im all confused, =|

ill try to do it again (form the start converting it to mpeg bla bla bla) and if it still fails,
ill be sure to tell you.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 8th, '07, 13:33

ivenxubi wrote:
xgela wrote:uhmm one last question uhmm after i burned the video the vid played in my tv but no audio at all i dont know how to do it in virtual dub mod since the FAQ said to save it in avi so that means i have to cnvert it to mpeg all over again?
First, check the SimpleAvis2DVD output directory: for each episode, there should be one .mp2 file that's NOT 0 KB in size. If you see an .mp2 file that's 0 KB in size, then you have to fix the corresponding AVI and then reconvert the audio part only, which takes only about 10 minutes or so. I use VirtualDub (not VirtualDubMod) and here's how I do it: I load the AVI into VirtualDub, click on Video, then select Direct Stream Copy, then I click on Audio, select Full Processing mode, then I click on File, then Save as AVI, then give it a new name. This should only take a few minutes at most. Then I load this new AVI into SimpleAvis2DVD and click, Audio, then Batch convert audio (this should take only about 10-15 minutes). Once you have all the proper mp2 files, author the DVD again with DVDAuthorGUI.

If all the mp2 files are OK and you don't have to fix them with VirtualDub, then do this next. Try playing the VIDEO_TS folder with a software DVD player on your computer. If you don't have one, download and install VLC Media Player. If you hear sound, then it means something went wrong with the burn. Burn again and make sure you follow all directions carefully.
ivenxubi, Thanks so much for answering all these questions. I've been so busy lately at work and home. Also, thanks for the link on the free Dvd burning software. I will add it to the FAQ and give you credit.
xgela wrote: idk whats wrong
i went to do what you told me.,
but when i tried playing it theres still no audio
even in my gom player and i do have the codecs tho.
and yes there is .mp2
but then still no audio when i paly it.
so i did the reconvert thing
still no audio. now im all confused, =|

ill try to do it again (form the start converting it to mpeg bla bla bla) and if it still fails,
ill be sure to tell you.
Can you play the MP2 in Windows Media Player? If there was an error converting it, it should say in the log file. If you send it to me I can take a look at it. Also, are you using your own menu for DvdAuthorGui or are you using the file SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva? Can you hear the audio for the MPG files in the output directory?

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 8th, '07, 20:32

kyuuketsuki, I'm glad to help whenever I can with the knowledge I gained from using your guide. As far as free DVD burning software, there's a couple other ones that can burn video DVD: cdrtfe and InfraRecorder. They're both freewares based on the same open-source tools but have different user interfaces. They have no ads and a few more features than Free Easy CD DVD Burner. cdrtfe also has a portable package that can be run in its own folder without installation (you can even put it on a flash drive). For the purpose of burning video DVDs, all three can do the job; for anyone needing a free burner, try all three to see which one you like the best.

xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo

Post by xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo » Aug 8th, '07, 20:52

Thanks so much, kyuuketsuki, for this awesome tutorial! Glad someone took their time to write one up for us noobs, haha. xPP
It's so cool that there's a way to make the DVDs have an option whether or not you want the subs on and stuff rather than hardsubbing it then burning it.

Anyway, I have a question. ^^a
When I got to Step 1. Convert AVIs to DVD compatible MPGs MPV MP2, I hit Go in SimpleAvis2Dvd and I wait like you said.
But then this pop-up appears saying, "The resolution of the video is illegal.

> The windows size needs to be set between 8x8 and 4088x4088.
> The width and height of window needs to be multiple of 8."

Then there's the OK button, and I click it, and wait again. But then it appears again, click OK, and yeah, it keeps going through the same thing. >"<

I'm using TMPGEnc. I don't get what the message means nor do I understand how to fix the problem... So, if you do, thanks so much if you could help!! m(_ _)m

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 9th, '07, 08:46

kyuuketsuki wrote:
ivenxubi wrote:
Can you play the MP2 in Windows Media Player? If there was an error converting it, it should say in the log file. If you send it to me I can take a look at it. Also, are you using your own menu for DvdAuthorGui or are you using the file SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva? Can you hear the audio for the MPG files in the output directory?
yeah i did played it in media player but still no audio :X
ill try to redo it again and tell you if there were problems (:

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 9th, '07, 14:33

xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo wrote:Thanks so much, kyuuketsuki, for this awesome tutorial! Glad someone took their time to write one up for us noobs, haha. xPP
It's so cool that there's a way to make the DVDs have an option whether or not you want the subs on and stuff rather than hardsubbing it then burning it.

When I got to Step 1. Convert AVIs to DVD compatible MPGs MPV MP2, I hit Go in SimpleAvis2Dvd and I wait like you said.

Then there's the OK button, and I click it, and wait again. But then it appears again, click OK, and yeah, it keeps going through the same thing. >"<

I'm using TMPGEnc. I don't get what the message means nor do I understand how to fix the problem... So, if you do, thanks so much if you could help!! m(_ _)m
I'm not sure which application is giving that error. Can you post a screen shot? Also, do you know what the resolution of your AVI is? It should say in the log window when you load the file.

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Aug 9th, '07, 15:01

i'm really going to try this....looks very intersting..thanks

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 9th, '07, 15:48

xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo wrote:Thanks so much, kyuuketsuki, for this awesome tutorial! Glad someone took their time to write one up for us noobs, haha. xPP

I'm also getting the same error whenever I try converting Coffee Prince Mickeybaby's version, wherein the resolution of the video is 800x450
I had no other recourse but to DL the ental version of the said drama. The problem with Ental versions is there are times when TMPGenc won't convert some episodes. Even if they're successfully converted, the video and audio files are not in sync when I play the mpv before burning. I looked into my output folder to see what's wrong and funny thing is, my mp2 files are strange, that is, episode 3 is 95.9 mb in size while my episode 4 is 1.02 gb in size, tsk. I'm still stuck with this problem :(
I'm thinking of downloading mickeybaby's version again, but my TMPGenc just won't accept it because it would render an error, saying something about the window size of the video being illegal. What to do? Should I compress the video using virtualdub? But then again, won't the quality be compromised? if compressed, will the subs sync with the newly compressed video?
Pls, Mr. K, help us with this problem.

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 10th, '07, 04:20

I had the same experience with the Coffee Prince ep.10 MickeyBaby version; TMPGEnc says the resolution is illegal; CCE just crashed. I think the illegal part is the "450" in the 800x450 number (since 450 is not a multiple of 8 ).

About the Entai version, just load the problem AVI into VirtualDub, click Video>Direct stream processing, then click Audio>Full processing mode, then click File>Save as Avi... and save it under a new name. Now view the new AVI in Virtual Dub (or in your favorite media player) and see if the audio is in sync with the video. If not, load this new AVI into VirtualDub again, click Audio>Full processing mode, then Audio>Interleaving, then under Audio Skew Correction, enter a value in millisecond, for example 500, if the audio is playing too early or -500 if the audio is playing too late, now view the AVI in VirtualDub to see if the audio is in sync or not and then adjust the skew correction value by trial and error until you're satisfied that the audio is in sync, then click Video>Direct stream processing, then Save as AVI again. Now load this AVI into SimpleAvis2Dvd and click Audio>Batch convert audio and only the audio will be converted, which takes only a few minutes (this assumed that you only need the mp2 audio and that you already have the mpv video; if you don't have the mpv video, then you have to do the whole conversion again). Once you have the new mp2, just make sure to name it so that it matches the corresponding mpv and you're set to author the DVD. I've done all this with a few AVIs where the audio failed to convert or were out of sync with the video (saves me from reconverting or recompressing the whole AVI).

snowgongju07

Post by snowgongju07 » Aug 10th, '07, 04:36

i got all mickeybaby versions of Coffee Prince thus far. I didnt know that burning it would be a problem. do u guys know how i can burn them without having to redownload all the eps? thanks

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 10th, '07, 04:45

One solution with the Coffee Prince MickeyBaby versions, as done by Bunk in a post above, is to use VirtualDub to recompress them using the XViD codec. I'll have to try this myself and see if the quality decrease is noticeable. Maybe kyuuketsuki can figure out another way.

As far as quality goes, the MickeyBaby x264 AVI files have incredible quality, better than any HQ XViD AVIs I've seen here on D-Addicts.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 10th, '07, 13:52

blue_smurf wrote: I'm also getting the same error whenever I try converting Coffee Prince Mickeybaby's version, wherein the resolution of the video is 800x450
I had no other recourse but to DL the ental version of the said drama. The problem with Ental versions is there are times when TMPGenc won't convert some episodes. Even if they're successfully converted, the video and audio files are not in sync when I play the mpv before burning. I looked into my output folder to see what's wrong and funny thing is, my mp2 files are strange, that is, episode 3 is 95.9 mb in size while my episode 4 is 1.02 gb in size, tsk. I'm still stuck with this problem :(
I'm thinking of downloading mickeybaby's version again, but my TMPGenc just won't accept it because it would render an error, saying something about the window size of the video being illegal. What to do? Should I compress the video using virtualdub? But then again, won't the quality be compromised? if compressed, will the subs sync with the newly compressed video?
Pls, Mr. K, help us with this problem.
You really don't want to re-encode the video in Virtual Dub if you don't have to. There will for sure be a loss in quality.

As long as the problem is reproducible, most likely I can fix it. I will download a Coffee Prince MickeyBaby episode and let you guys know what I find. I don't know how long it takes to download, but hopefully I can get to it this weekend and post a new version of SimpleAvis2Dvd afterwards.

cathycasi21

Post by cathycasi21 » Aug 11th, '07, 17:49

Hello there,

I hope you can help me. I'm trying to put Air City on DVD until the real DVD on yesasia comes out. It finishes encoding but when I try to open the file in DVD authorGUi, it says DefaultMenu.m2v is missing and then after that message it says that 2 of the 3 srt for air city is missing. What is the solution to this? It's driving me crazy. But the rest of the tutorial is great! Thanks

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Aug 11th, '07, 23:58

cathycasi21 wrote:Hello there,

I hope you can help me. I'm trying to put Air City on DVD until the real DVD on yesasia comes out. It finishes encoding but when I try to open the file in DVD authorGUi, it says DefaultMenu.m2v is missing and then after that message it says that 2 of the 3 srt for air city is missing. What is the solution to this? It's driving me crazy. But the rest of the tutorial is great! Thanks
Did you make your own m2v file? If yes, then just rename it DefaultMenu.m2v and place it in the Output directory with the mpv and mp2 files. If you don't have your own m2v file, then just copy the DefaultMenu.m2v file from the folder where you extract SimpleAvis2DVD.exe. If it says 2 of the 3 srt files (subtitle files) are missing, check to make sure these files are still in the same folder as the AVI files and that they have the same exact name as the corresponding AVI files.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 12th, '07, 02:02

kyuuketsuki wrote:

You really don't want to re-encode the video in Virtual Dub if you don't have to. There will for sure be a loss in quality.

As long as the problem is reproducible, most likely I can fix it. I will download a Coffee Prince MickeyBaby episode and let you guys know what I find. I don't know how long it takes to download, but hopefully I can get to it this weekend and post a new version of SimpleAvis2Dvd afterwards.
I hope you can fix this problem :-) I will wait for the new version of SimpleAvisDvd :thumleft:

cathycasi21

Post by cathycasi21 » Aug 12th, '07, 04:17

ivenxubi wrote:

Did you make your own m2v file? If yes, then just rename it DefaultMenu.m2v and place it in the Output directory with the mpv and mp2 files. If you don't have your own m2v file, then just copy the DefaultMenu.m2v file from the folder where you extract SimpleAvis2DVD.exe. If it says 2 of the 3 srt files (subtitle files) are missing, check to make sure these files are still in the same folder as the AVI files and that they have the same exact name as the corresponding AVI files.
Hi there! I didn't make my own m2v file. This error occurs when it finishes encoding and I try to author it in DVDAuthorGui. I followed the tutorial to a tee..hehe I don't know what else to do. and the subtitles, I do have them in the same folder and same filename. Any ideas? Could I be missing a codec?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 12th, '07, 13:37

cathycasi21 wrote:
ivenxubi wrote:

Hi there! I didn't make my own m2v file. This error occurs when it finishes encoding and I try to author it in DVDAuthorGui. I followed the tutorial to a tee..hehe I don't know what else to do. and the subtitles, I do have them in the same folder and same filename. Any ideas? Could I be missing a codec?
If you are using the default, then you should not have to do anything special.

This usually happens with Windows Vista if UAC is on. Are you using Windows Vista?

If you open your SimpleAvisDvd.dva file with notepad you can see where the subtitle files are supposed to be on your hard drive. Make sure they are there.

cathycasi21

Post by cathycasi21 » Aug 12th, '07, 20:36

kyuuketsuki wrote:
cathycasi21 wrote:
ivenxubi wrote:
Hi there! I do have windows vista (unfortunately...vista will be the end of me!) All the subtitles are there but for some reason when I load the SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva file into DVDAuthorGui it says DefaultMenu.m2v is missing. I've fixed the subtitle problem. hmmmm..

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 12th, '07, 21:20

cathycasi21 wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
cathycasi21 wrote:
The easiest way to fix this is first to turn off UAC. Check the FAQ at the end of the tutorial. Now, load the AVIs again into SimpleAvis2Dvd. Then at the top there is a menu Dvd/Create DvdAuthorGui Project. Load this new menu into DvdAuthorGui and create and burn your DVD. Then if you want, turn UAC back on.

cathycasi21

Post by cathycasi21 » Aug 12th, '07, 21:42

kyuuketsuki wrote:
cathycasi21 wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
That was one of the first things I did was I turned off my UAC. I checked it again if it suddenly activated but it's still turned off. When I load the AVI's back to SimpleAvis2DVD and go to DVD/Create DvdAuthorGui Project it still says the same thing. One thing I will point out is that I extracted SimpleAvis2DVD into my documents. Could that be a factor?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 12th, '07, 22:45

cathycasi21 wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
cathycasi21 wrote:
Hmmmm. It might be. I'm not totally sure why it is not working unless I run a bunch of tests on Windows Vista.

Try this:
Go to the folder that you installed SimpleAvis2Dvd. Whatever the number of AVIs that you have on the DVD, copy that DefaultMenu. (If you have 4 episodes, copy DefaultMenu4.m2v). Copy the file into your output folder and rename it to "Default.m2v".

That will get you past the no default menu problem. Let me know if you have any other problems.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 13th, '07, 03:36

when i was authoring my video it says this:

DVDAuthorGUI 1.014 - 7/10/2007
Send problems with DVDAuthorGUI to liquid_217@hotmail.com
***please wait while the titles are multiplexed.
*multiplexing title: 1.....
INFO: [???] mplex version 2.0.0 (2.2.3 $Date: 2004/01/13 20:45:26 $)
INFO: [???] File C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\DVD out\Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpv looks like an MPEG Video stream.
INFO: [???] File C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\DVD out\Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2 looks like an MPEG Audio stream.
INFO: [???] Video stream 0: profile 8 selected - ignoring non-standard options!
INFO: [???] Found 1 audio streams and 1 video streams
INFO: [???] Selecting dvdauthor DVD output profile
INFO: [???] Multiplexing video program stream!
INFO: [???] Scanning for header info: Video stream e0 (C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\DVD out\Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpv)
INFO: [???] VIDEO STREAM: e0
INFO: [???] Frame width : 720
INFO: [???] Frame height : 480
INFO: [???] Aspect ratio : 4:3 display
INFO: [???] Picture rate : 29.970 frames/sec
INFO: [???] Bit rate : 8000000 bits/sec
INFO: [???] Vbv buffer size : 229376 bytes
INFO: [???] CSPF : 0
INFO: [???] Scanning for header info: Audio stream c0 (C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\DVD out\Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2)
INFO: [???] MPEG AUDIO STREAM: c0
INFO: [???] Audio version : 1.0
INFO: [???] Layer : 2
INFO: [???] CRC checksums : yes
INFO: [???] Bit rate : 28672 bytes/sec (224 kbit/sec)
INFO: [???] Frequency : 48000 Hz
INFO: [???] Mode : 0 stereo
INFO: [???] Mode extension : 0
INFO: [???] Copyright bit : 0 no copyright
INFO: [???] Original/Copy : 0 copy
INFO: [???] Emphasis : 0 none
INFO: [???] SYSTEMS/PROGRAM stream:
INFO: [???] rough-guess multiplexed stream data rate : 8399296
INFO: [???] target data-rate specified : 10080000
INFO: [???] Setting specified specified data rate: 10080000
INFO: [???] Run-in Sectors = 89 Video delay = 13019 Audio delay = 0
INFO: [???] New sequence commences...
INFO: [???] Video e0: buf= 237568 frame=000000 sector=00000000
INFO: [???] Audio c0: buf= 4096 frame=000000 sector=00000000
++ WARN: [???] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=312258998 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [???] Video e0: buf= 166804 frame=103978 sector=00852781
++ WARN: [???] Audio c0: buf= 2583 frame=144559 sector=00048091
INFO: [???] STREAM c0 completed @ frame 144562.
INFO: [???] STREAM e0 completed @ frame 103982.
INFO: [???] Multiplex completion at SCR=312279625.
INFO: [???] Video e0: buf= 236554 frame=103982 sector=00852919
INFO: [???] Audio c0: buf= 4096 frame=144562 sector=00048093
INFO: [???] VIDEO_STATISTICS: e0
INFO: [???] Video Stream length: 1718193851 bytes
INFO: [???] Sequence headers: 8912
INFO: [???] Sequence ends : 0
INFO: [???] No. Pictures : 103983
INFO: [???] No. Groups : 8912
INFO: [???] No. I Frames : 8912 avg. size 42079 bytes
INFO: [???] No. P Frames : 25751 avg. size 20766 bytes
INFO: [???] No. B Frames : 69321 avg. size 11660 bytes
INFO: [???] Average bit-rate : 3961200 bits/sec
INFO: [???] Peak bit-rate : 13462800 bits/sec
INFO: [???] BUFFERING min 15 Buf max 236040
INFO: [???] AUDIO_STATISTICS: c0
INFO: [???] Audio stream length 97146336 bytes.
INFO: [???] Syncwords : 144563
INFO: [???] Frames : 144563 padded
INFO: [???] Frames : 0 unpadded
INFO: [???] BUFFERING min 15 Buf max 1239
**ERROR: [???] MUX STATUS: Frame data under-runs detected!

Process aborted due to above error
There was an unknown error. Please review the log for more information.

help what am i suppose to do?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 13th, '07, 13:42

xgela wrote:when i was authoring my video it says this:

DVDAuthorGUI 1.014 - 7/10/2007
**ERROR: [???] MUX STATUS: Frame data under-runs detected!

Process aborted due to above error
There was an unknown error. Please review the log for more information.

help what am i suppose to do?
My best guess is that this is an audio problem. It could be out of sync with the video or the length does not match.

Try both or either of these:
1. Reprocess the audio for "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).avi" in Virtual Dub. Delete the file "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2" in your output folder. Load the new avi from Virtual Dub into SimpleAvis2Dvd and just process the audio from the audio menu. Rename the mp2 file from the new avi to "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2". Try DvdAuthorGui again.

or

2. Check your output folder. There should be a file "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpg". Open DvdAuthorGui and delete the entry "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpv / Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2". Use the file "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpg" instead.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 13th, '07, 22:07

uhmm in simpleavisdvd, when i process the audio, under the audio menu it says,
batch convert audio & fix mp3 avi for virtual dub

w/c of these 2 should I click?

& when i go to batch convert audio theres like a number that pops up its set on 224.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 14th, '07, 00:44

xgela wrote:uhmm in simpleavisdvd, when i process the audio, under the audio menu it says,
batch convert audio & fix mp3 avi for virtual dub

w/c of these 2 should I click?

& when i go to batch convert audio theres like a number that pops up its set on 224.
I think I will take out the fix mp3 for virtual dub. It really is never used. Just click batch convert audio. Leave it on 224.

karen05

Post by karen05 » Aug 14th, '07, 01:13

i assume this doesnt work for hardsubbed avi files ?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 14th, '07, 02:06

karen05 wrote:i assume this doesnt work for hardsubbed avi files ?
It works fine for hardsubbed avis. Only the subs won't be selectable through the "subtitle" button on your remote. Just add the avis and don't worry about any subtitle files. It will show <none> in the subtitle window.

karen05

Post by karen05 » Aug 14th, '07, 03:06

i want to know how to not get the cut off'd subs for the hardsubbed.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 14th, '07, 03:41

kyuuketsuki wrote:

My best guess is that this is an audio problem. It could be out of sync with the video or the length does not match.

1. Reprocess the audio for "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).avi" in Virtual Dub. Delete the file "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2" in your output folder. Load the new avi from Virtual Dub into SimpleAvis2Dvd and just process the audio from the audio menu. Rename the mp2 file from the new avi to "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2". Try DvdAuthorGui again.

or

2. Check your output folder. There should be a file "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpg". Open DvdAuthorGui and delete the entry "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpv / Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mp2". Use the file "Proposal Daisakusen ep01 (704x396 DivX6).mpg" instead.
uhmm i did #1 but it still says error whenever i authored it.

then on #2, i dont really know how to delete my mp2 or mpv because when i do delete it in my folder,whenever i load the project on dvdauthor, it says mpv /mp2 missing. & when i try looking for the mpg it doesn`t show up when i load my project, only the simpledvdavis.da only shows up.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 14th, '07, 03:43

karen05 wrote:i want to know how to not get the cut off'd subs for the hardsubbed.
Just follow the instructions. The subs will automatically fit on your screen.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 14th, '07, 03:45

xgela wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:

or

uhmm i did #1 but it still says error whenever i authored it.

then on #2, i dont really know how to delete my mp2 or mpv because when i do delete it in my folder,whenever i load the project on dvdauthor, it says mpv /mp2 missing. & when i try looking for the mpg it doesn`t show up when i load my project, only the simpledvdavis.da only shows up.
Sorry if I was unclear. First make sure that you have the MPG file in your output folder. Then load the project into DvdAuthorGui. The first entry should be the mp2/mpv files. Delete from DvdAuthorGui and replace with the MPG of the same name.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 14th, '07, 04:32

uhmmm so im done authoring the mpg file. after that, do i burn it right away?
or do i author again? this time, using the simpledvdavis.da?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 14th, '07, 22:32

xgela wrote:uhmmm so im done authoring the mpg file. after that, do i burn it right away?
Did you delete the MPV and MP2 from your output directory?
If you did, then email me your SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva file and I will fix it and send it back to you.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 16th, '07, 06:23

kyuuketsuki wrote:
xgela wrote:uhmmm so im done authoring the mpg file. after that, do i burn it right away?
Did you delete the MPV and MP2 from your output directory?
If you did, then email me your SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva file and I will fix it and send it back to you.

i figured it out. thnks! :-)

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 17th, '07, 10:21

I thought I wanna share this for those who're trying to convert Coffee Prince x264 Mickeybaby versions using TMPGenc without success because of the video resolution. There are the x264 Yall versions which are as good as MickeyBaby's. The resolution for each file is 800x448 and I guess TMPGenc will convert it since the resolution is a multiplier of 8. I haven't started the conversion, though. But, I'll get about it this weekend.

U can go to clubbox.co.kr/goodfreebox. THANKS TO mee_yee_chan for giving me the link. To look for CP in that CB, just type Coffee[1].Prince.

EDIT: Sadly, TMPGenc won't still convert. I guess, the resolution should be set to 800x480 :glare:
Last edited by blue_smurf on Aug 18th, '07, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 18th, '07, 12:52

blue_smurf wrote:I thought I wanna share this for those who're trying to convert Coffee Prince x264 Mickeybaby versions using TMPGenc without success because of the video resolution. There are the x264 Yall versions which are as good as MickeyBaby's. The resolution for each file is 800x480 and I guess TMPGenc will convert it since the resolution is a multiplier of 8. I haven't started the conversion, though. But, I'll get about it this weekend.

U can go to clubbox.co.kr/goodfreebox. THANKS TO mee_yee_chan for giving me the link. To look for CP in that CB, just type Coffee[1].Prince.

EDIT: Sadly, TMPGenc won't still convert. I guess, the resolution should be set to 800x480 :glare:
Fixed

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 19th, '07, 01:06

Ok I had some time today to do some things.

1. Uploaded a new version of SimpleAvis2Dvd
2. Updated the FAQ

3. Fixed Coffe Prince problems - It works for me after I did this.
A. Make sure you have the H264 codec
B. Download the new version of SimpleAvis2Dvd 2.8
C. Uninstall AviSynth completely
D. Download and install AviSynth version 2.57 http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=57023

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 21st, '07, 11:03

kyuuketsuki wrote:Ok I had some time today to do some things.

1. Uploaded a new version of SimpleAvis2Dvd
2. Updated the FAQ

3. Fixed Coffe Prince problems - It works for me after I did this.
A. Make sure you have the H264 codec
B. Download the new version of SimpleAvis2Dvd 2.8
C. Uninstall AviSynth completely
D. Download and install AviSynth version 2.57 http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=57023
Oh, I'm so happy that u have finally fixed the problem :w00t:
My TMPGenc was able to convert Coffee Prince (Mickeybaby's version) :thumleft:
However, there is still a lil problem. After the conversion, simpleavis2dvd yielded an error:

Error! Cannot find use DVD2SVCD!

Anyhow, the video and audio files were converted. What I want to know is if it's okay for me to go straight to DVD authoring, regardless of the small error?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 21st, '07, 14:39

blue_smurf wrote: Oh, I'm so happy that u have finally fixed the problem :w00t:
However, there is still a lil problem. After the conversion, simpleavis2dvd yielded an error:

Anyhow, the video and audio files were converted. What I want to know is if it's okay for me to go straight to DVD authoring, regardless of the small error?
Glad to help. :thumright:

Hmmmm. Not sure what that error about dvd2svcd is. I think it is not related to the fix. Anyway, if you are able to open the file in DvdAuthorGui, you should be able to author no problem.

I also added a "View Log" button. You can click this any time even if you just want to see the log after you're done coverting and don't load anything up. You should be able to see in there if there are any conversion problems.
Last edited by kyuuketsuki on Aug 21st, '07, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 21st, '07, 14:45

kyuuketsuki wrote:
blue_smurf wrote: Oh, I'm so happy that u have finally fixed the problem :w00t:

Glad to help. :thumright:

Hmmmm. Not sure what that error about dvd2svcd is. I think it is not related to the fix. Anyway, if you are able to open the file in DvdAuthorGui, you should be able to author no problem.

I also added a "View Log" button. You can click this and browse through the log file. You should be able to see in there if there are any conversion problems.
Arigatou for always taking the time helping us here :salut:
Yes, I was able to load the simpleavis2dvd.ava file into DVDAuthorGui without any problem. So far, the authoring went fine (there were no found errors according to DVDAuthorGui). I hope no errors would be found after I burn it :-) I can always ask for your help if something's amiss :lol

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 25th, '07, 00:09

help!!! it syas this:

Avisynth open failure:
AVIsource: couldn't locate decompressor for fourcc x264
(C:\users\Seialita\DVD OUT\Avisynth_Script_file.avs, line 2)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 25th, '07, 00:14

xgela wrote:help!!! it syas this:

Avisynth open failure:
This is in the FAQ.

You need the x264 codec. You may also need ffdshow.

You can get both here.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/x26 ... _Codec.htm

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 26th, '07, 06:19

kyuuketsuki wrote:
xgela wrote:help!!! it syas this:

Avisynth open failure:
This is in the FAQ.

You need the x264 codec. You may also need ffdshow.

You can get both here.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/x26 ... _Codec.htm
thanks! i got it fixed i downloaded ffdshow
;)
thank you again!<3

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Aug 29th, '07, 13:06

Hi Kyuuketsuki

I got the error below when trying to start DVD2SVCD:
AVI source: could not decompress frame 0
C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs

I loaded the file into Gspot:
Audio: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
48000Hz 192 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)

Video: XVID

Both codecs are installed and I also installed the decompressor.
Please help.
Thank you.

peonyhouse

Post by peonyhouse » Aug 30th, '07, 11:32

i've read most of the FAQ but i can't seem to find the answer to this:

i've converted the soft subs into hardsubs on my video file.
When i right click the file it says its only 312mb.
Problem is, when i loaded the file onto my dvd-rw using Nero it said i have already used
over 2gb out of the 4gb it should hold.

i don't want to be using 1 episode for 1 disc.
anyone please tell my why the file is larger than its suppose to be
and how to make it smaller?!

thanks alot

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 31st, '07, 13:13

kht2015 wrote:Hi Kyuuketsuki

I got the error below when trying to start DVD2SVCD:
AVI source: could not decompress frame 0
C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs

I loaded the file into Gspot:
Audio: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
48000Hz 192 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)

Video: XVID

Both codecs are installed and I also installed the decompressor.
Please help.
Thank you.
This is usually because of an invalid size i.e. improper avisynth frameserver parameters. Are you trying to run Dvd2Svcd by itself or from SimpleAvis2Dvd? Are you using TmpgEnc? It could also be (but not likely) from the priority of your VFAPI plugins. Every AVI needs different frameserver parameters. I calculate these inside of SimpleAvis2Dvd, so if you use Dvd2Svcd without SimpleAvis2Dvd, then you would have to calculate these on your own and input them into the frameserver tab.

If you are running SimpleAvis2Dvd, the first thing to do is click on the "view log" button and see if there is anything specifically reported in there.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 31st, '07, 13:18

peonyhouse wrote:i've read most of the FAQ but i can't seem to find the answer to this:

i've converted the soft subs into hardsubs on my video file.
When i right click the file it says its only 312mb.
Problem is, when i loaded the file onto my dvd-rw using Nero it said i have already used
over 2gb out of the 4gb it should hold.

i don't want to be using 1 episode for 1 disc.
anyone please tell my why the file is larger than its suppose to be
and how to make it smaller?!

thanks alot
When you converted softsubs to hardsubs, is your file still AVI?

If you want DVD video, you need to convert to MPG2. However many episodes you want on your DVD, you can load them into SimpleAvis2Dvd and it will convert the AVIs to MPG2 and be the correct size.

If you are loading the AVIs into Nero, it is probably doing an internal calculation and deciding that it will take 2 GB for the conversion. These calculations are usually based on CBR and the image quality conversion for Nero is not very good.

Let me know if you have more questions.