[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sapphiro

Post by Sapphiro » Jul 6th, '07, 06:42

I would like to see a movie for this drama :roll

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jul 6th, '07, 07:31

yep I agree a movie.....

unknowndevices

Post by unknowndevices » Jul 6th, '07, 12:46

yeah!...yeah!...agreed...agree...do make a movie for this dorama!!!... :cheers:
making something in between...that at least make the viewers really satisfied with the ending drama series part which a bit kinda jump... :P

tasmaniandevil

Post by tasmaniandevil » Jul 6th, '07, 16:37

hello! any news of sp for the show?

Osca Style

Post by Osca Style » Jul 7th, '07, 12:42

What kind of end was that?? What a stupid end to the story!!

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jul 8th, '07, 07:08

Dondake! Ken-zou-kun actually poured his heart out and chose the time to do it at Rei's and Tada-san's wedding reception?! :crazy: Like somebody already said, that was highly inappropriate. It wasn't the ending that bothered me but it was this part.

I was frustrated with Rei. Why would she go on and accept Tada-san's proposal even after Ken-zou tried to stop her that night? I mean, Ken-zou coming from behind, hugging her tight and asking her not to marry Tada-san was a HUGE confession to me. It's all vague to me now because I saw the last episode last week, but didn't Ken-zou also ask Rei to marry him that night? And all she could say was that Ken-zou really didn't understand a thing? Konnichiwa?! I'm a girl and I didn't understand her. If someone I've had a crush on and loved all my life ever expressed himself to me that way...there's no way in hell I'd leave him and go accept some other guy's proposal. She just gave up on him!

I also expected some sort of cleverness from the writers. I was really curious to see how Ken-zou would win Rei in the end and I must say I was unsatisfied.

I didn't think Rei and Tada-san were married yet at the point when Tada-san let Rei go because prior to that scene, there was a woman leading them somewhere. I think Rei and Tada-san were still being led to church for the marriage ceremony. My understanding was, they held the slide show and toast first before the marriage ceremony. I don't know. I've never attended a Japanese wedding so I don't know how they do weddings over there, but this is how I understood that scene. I can't believe that the writers finally decided to get those two together after one of them had been offically married? Dondake!

cassius

Post by cassius » Jul 8th, '07, 09:25

franchosa wrote:I didn't think Rei and Tada-san were married yet at the point when Tada-san let Rei go because prior to that scene, there was a woman leading them somewhere. I think Rei and Tada-san were still being led to church for the marriage ceremony. My understanding was, they held the slide show and toast first before the marriage ceremony. I don't know. I've never attended a Japanese wedding so I don't know how they do weddings over there, but this is how I understood that scene. I can't believe that the writers finally decided to get those two together after one of them had been offically married? Dondake!
actually she said 'i do' in the church already...that was in the first episode...

Elfen

Post by Elfen » Jul 8th, '07, 10:50

Well, not really satisfied with the ending.
But when I think about it clearly, from going back to the time, everyone has corrected their past and show their true inner feelings. =)

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jul 8th, '07, 18:23

Elfen wrote:Well, not really satisfied with the ending.
But when I think about it clearly, from going back to the time, everyone has corrected their past and show their true inner feelings. =)
I think that he that he might have given the speech at the right time but at least he was able to say what he had been trying to say for a long time...and as well I mean that was the only other opportunity to do so since he had decided to give up on ever being able to be with Rei. it was not a bad ending and it was not the best but at least it gave the message that you must always look towards the future and in the present always do things that you will not regret later. I think since Ken realized that towards the end that is why he gave that speech saying what he really feels instead of keeping it bottled up like he had done. lol I hope it makes sense what I was trying to say :D

Shaldor

Post by Shaldor » Jul 8th, '07, 19:04

The series was nice, tough I would had loved to see Yamapi as Ken-zou playing more self-assured, maybe a bit more energetic role like he often does, but ofcourse that would have went against the characters style and idea.
Nagasawa Masami as Yoshida Rei did great job, but yet again... Sorry for the Yamaki pairing but... Maki Horikita's cuteness with the chemistry between em' in role would had been /approved. Ofcourse it would had been tough role for her personality/style, but she's great actress and I believe in her ability.

At any-rate, this is a must-see -series, watch it, enjoy and appreciate the work of subbers (like I do).

Cheers. :)

Psionic

Post by Psionic » Jul 8th, '07, 23:46

omg ending so frustrating. I was anticipating a really happy climax but noooooooooooo they make it confusing and frustrating. aye the whole concept of having to confess at the reception was stupid and kenzo shud have felt more sympathy towards tada san who didnt do anything wrong.

only if the fairy gave rei a chance to go to the past one last time to confess to him and then the drama cud have ended with a wedding lol.

i did like the drama alot tho but i felt the ending was...

untypikal

Post by untypikal » Jul 9th, '07, 03:39

for a moment i thought rei was going to get a second chance...
then i thought it was over..then i stayed to watch after the credits, desperately hoping for more..and rei comes back calling ken "ken-zou"

i guess by calling ken 'ken-zou' again, she is re-stating her feelings for him. i know this probably means that now they can be together, but maybe an episode showing that would've made my heart feel better...i feel a bit sad =(

at least show a passionate kiss between them!!!! ahh i wanna cry now....

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Jul 9th, '07, 03:46

I watched to the end of the credits and it looked as though Rei (though they didn't show her) caught up to Ken-zo's cab. And that was the 'official' end.

However, like most people, I feel like it's un-finished.

Any news on if the're any plans for a second season???

blue_shoe

Post by blue_shoe » Jul 9th, '07, 08:04

like i've said, this series is best to end with a sad ending....Ken-zou did confused when he hugged her, she rejected him, therefore it has to have a sad ending. :cry:

cassius

Post by cassius » Jul 9th, '07, 10:07

blue_shoe wrote:like i've said, this series is best to end with a sad ending....Ken-zou did confused when he hugged her, she rejected him, therefore it has to have a sad ending. :cry:
after he makes his speech and she starts to think about all their times together, she starts saying that it was her who wasnt honest to herself and you see flashbacks being replayed - one of those scenes that they showed was that one your talking about where she moves his hands away...so the impression i got was that even though she might have rejected him at that time, when she thought about it more, it wasnt her real response because she regretted it and said that she didnt say her true feelings at that time...

penko

Post by penko » Jul 12th, '07, 10:41

hi i didnt read all the posts here.. maybe someone had thought of this already..

my ending: Or perharps sequel instead!!!

REI with the help of the fairy, like KEN goes back in time andtrying to mend whatever regrets she had jsut like kenzo initally dd. Then in one of the scenes the Rei from the future will meet Keno of the future, then poof! happy ending! XD

odino

Post by odino » Jul 13th, '07, 02:04

penko wrote:my ending: Or perharps sequel instead!!!

REI with the help of the fairy, like KEN goes back in time andtrying to mend whatever regrets she had jsut like kenzo initally dd...
It's what I was hoping for when the fairy was talking to her in church, but instead they just left it open-ended in the present. Too bad, missed opportunity I think. It's not like they will take away some more "realism" from the show anyway.

penko

Post by penko » Jul 13th, '07, 05:14

maybe they can make a part 2 XD

hmm anyway how many photos are there in the slide show?

Anyone can name them all?

CalicoJohn

Post by CalicoJohn » Jul 13th, '07, 05:52

Dude... I think they should at least have like a reunion special type thing. The end was just a bit unsatisfactory. I am glad that she admitted she was the one who wasn't honest with her feelings because I was thinking that the entire time. I really like the show but it made me feel "damn, girls are dumb". Seriously the thing with the hidden bobble head in that one episode required sherlock holmes-ian logic to figure out. WHY DON'T GIRLS JUST TELL US WHAT THEY MEAN!!!!!

uladelz

Post by uladelz » Jul 14th, '07, 00:59

To be honest, this series is too SADDDDDDDDDD. The ending was like, "hehhhhhhhhhhhhh? Just like that?" The OST is nice but still sad.....

carLopogi

Post by carLopogi » Jul 16th, '07, 10:22

can anyone tell me if there's a special episode?
i dont understand whatsup in this link -> http://www.fujitv.co.jp/propose/special/index.html

thanks

hardcoreaddict

Post by hardcoreaddict » Jul 16th, '07, 18:00

Thanks for the great drama! One of my favourite this year. Good job done! :thumleft:
Here are my 2 cents.

When I first watched the 1st 2 episodes, I was like wth? Is the plot going to drag for 11 episodes whereby he fails and return again, thus resulting in a boring drama.
However, though to a certain extend it is draggy, but I simply love the humor (thumbs for for Ken and especially tsuru!), the subtle impression impacts Ken is affecting Rei and degree of love they protrays (Winter sonata is one which over emphasized on the romantic scenes and love, YUckS!). That made me really looking forward towards this show (Though each time Ken was close to confessing and the camera snapped, I was like wt... AGAIN?!?!).

However, there are parts of this drama which I dislike like the corny hugging and spinning by mikio and girlfriend ; the part where everyone clapped for Ken after his speech (Well if you are invited by the groom, how could you clap for others who openly make such a speech during the wedding. This is not definitely not respecting the groom as a guest.)

Well, I am glad they provided a different ending in contrast of the typical scene where the bride's lover comes, gives a confession and both of them left together leaving all bewildered, indugling in their romance.

I love jdramas due to their endings were slightly more ambigious, giving subtle hints here and there instead of direct endings and having special to round up the drama. Therefore, I suspected a special when I was done with this show as it is typical of jdramas and the audience wont be sastified with this. The special will most likely be how Rei travelled back in time to face Ken and her real feelings.

Here is my intrepretation of the ending is. I wonder if anyone realised when the fairy will telling the story of Ken, the camera filmed the door of the church when the fairy mentioned door to miracles. And when Rei opened the door, there was the sound of magical effects and brightness (Key word ,open). Why did they add this scene, figures people. : D (However, this time there is no more food for the fairy as they are in the church :blink )
Another obvious clue would be the calling out of Kenzou instead of Ken. Mentioned earlier Rei stopped calling him Ken and now... (Yes, you got it!)
Lastly is the grin on Ken's face when he turned.

Something I found quite cool was the last act by Tada was asking Rei to choose the fist with the cuff. The real intent I felt was not for Rei to decide by choose which fist has the cuff but it is if Rei decides to make a decision whether to choose or to ignore it and continue with the wedding. Felt sad for Tada and feels Ken really deserve it though. :P But then again Ken being the main character, the chance of the drama ending with Tada and Rei is damn low. However this drama being another jap fangirl drama, not having melancholy and dark drama as indication of its genre, most likely the 2 main characters will end up together.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jul 17th, '07, 03:29

Saw the finale at last! I absolutely loved the series!
I love how he ended up going for her in the 'present'. It's true he changed some things, but it would've made him such a coward if he had to go back in time to get the girl.
Best series I've seen in at least past 2 years :thumleft:

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 17th, '07, 06:11

8thSin wrote:Saw the finale at last! I absolutely loved the series!
I love how he ended up going for her in the 'present'. It's true he changed some things, but it would've made him such a coward if he had to go back in time to get the girl.
Best series I've seen in at least past 2 years :thumleft:
about your Hidden:
he needed to change those things because after he made his speech in the finale...she was remembering all the things he went back and made right. i think if he didn't change anything in the past and made the speech he did in the finale, she might think where did that come from.
i did like this series but I'm not sure it is the best in the past 2 years. I think it was the best during this past season. It for sure isn't better than Nodame Cantabile.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 17th, '07, 06:29

Everyone keeps saying it was a sad drama... but did anyone watch until after the credits..?
It was a happy ending and I loved it! His smile said everything ^^

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 17th, '07, 06:34

Egg-chan wrote:Everyone keeps saying it was a sad drama...
Did anyone watch until the end of the credits? It was a happy ending and I loved it! His smile said everything ^^
I think the problem was
people wanted to see them together. Or at least show his smiling face then hers.
I am perfectly fine with the way it ended. I did watch till the end of the credits. But I do suspect that an SP will be made.

penko

Post by penko » Jul 17th, '07, 11:04

Please make a special for this!!!

This is my fav drama of all time! yes all time!

I cried for many episodes, especially when they are so near yet so far. its exceptionally touching and yet there are np sadnnes due to illness or death, which most touching shows are.

II love the first 6 epsidoes of it, I fell really heart broken when KENZO decides to start giving up, deep in me i keep hoping 'please dont give up, every photo is a god damn chance! please work hard till the end, kenzo! u dun wanna have regrets AGAIN!'

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jul 17th, '07, 21:52

this is a good one.. I didn't expect it to be this good but I was hooked.
it got me yelling at the TV.. yelling how stupid Ken was for being so slow
I would give it a 10 but the last 2 episodes were a little slow

about the ending.. when I finally saw it (where Rei ran through the door and the credits came up)..
I was like.. THAT's IT!?! but after the credits there was a 5 second clip.. and I thought it wasn't as disappointing as people said it to be.

A MUST watch romance drama. HALLELUJAH CHANCE! :thumright:

and.. Korean dramas must be popular in Japan nowadays "ANYONGHASE.. YO!"

shortcake

Post by shortcake » Jul 18th, '07, 04:54

the ending made me go "eh?". but i did watch the last 5 sec after the credits and i get what they're trying to say which is cool and all but there needs to be a special. no need for a 2nd season. just one episode, enough to make me happy and not feel screwed over after going through 11 eps of near misses.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 20th, '07, 20:40

*frustrated

i really really really hate to see this series end so abruptly... what kind of conclusion was that... :cussing:

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 20th, '07, 23:02

Glad that Yamapi won the best actor for his role in this drama :cheers: also Masami as the best actress and Proposal Daisakusen for the Best Drama :wub:

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Jul 22nd, '07, 03:37

Glad to hear about the awards...thanks Love Angel

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jul 22nd, '07, 03:49

CalicoJohn wrote:WHY DON'T GIRLS JUST TELL US WHAT THEY MEAN!!!!!
Its because we're girls. And we're ambiguous like that. The song Mood Ring by Relient K explains it very well.

But its nice that Kenzo went back and figured it out....

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 27th, '07, 04:06

Whee! Just saw on d-wiki that ProDai won best drama on the 53rd Television Drama Academy Awards! Congrats!

Link to d-wiki

Tsuioku

Post by Tsuioku » Jul 29th, '07, 19:37

franchosa wrote:
I was frustrated with Rei. Why would she go on and accept Tada-san's proposal even after Ken-zou tried to stop her that night? I mean, Ken-zou coming from behind, hugging her tight and asking her not to marry Tada-san was a HUGE confession to me. It's all vague to me now because I saw the last episode last week, but didn't Ken-zou also ask Rei to marry him that night? And all she could say was that Ken-zou really didn't understand a thing? Konnichiwa?! I'm a girl and I didn't understand her. If someone I've had a crush on and loved all my life ever expressed himself to me that way...there's no way in hell I'd leave him and go accept some other guy's proposal. She just gave up on him!
Anyone care to shed some light as to what Rei meant by "You really don't understand a thing"? Thought of many scenarios but can't seem to find a satisfactory answer. Two of my main candidates are:
1. Confession: If all she wanted was a confession and wouldn't take a hug as one, that was the perfect opportunity. I think most girls would have used that scenario to squeeze one out...
2. Childhood promise: Perhaps... but couldn't really convince myself that. They showed the scene but never really followed up on it.

Any women out there care to give some more insight on the female psyche to us men?

Sorry if this has already been discussed... The thread has become kinda long and I kinda gave up searching after looking at like 10 pages...

dante_tha_don

Post by dante_tha_don » Jul 30th, '07, 09:18

^^he couldnt understand and notice her feelings. He was acting childish all the time(maybe except the moments he was returning). He was doing things not the way she wanted him to so she was somehow disapointed with his actions also with that he thinks only about himself. Like when she told him about marriage and he tried to steal her by saying she shouls mnary with him. But ist only my opinion and I may be wrong. But who really understand what woman thinks.

phenally

Post by phenally » Aug 2nd, '07, 03:29

Just finish watching prodai last nite. Its such a good drama !! So many touching moments. *sobs* *sobs* Pity Ken . Wish they werent so stubborn with their own feeling.

Didnt Rei found the ring Ken wanted to give her? She should have know at that time that Ken really love her even tho she wasnt convinced that Ken want to be with her when Ken asked her to marry him. She should do something about it !!!

The ending is kinda frustrating. What kind of ending is that??!!! And i still have no idea if Rei want to be with Ken or Tada in the end. After all she is already married to Tada. Maybe she just want to say sorry to Ken for not noticing his feeling all this time ne?

BTW, did anyone notice the "Aiming to the Stars" in Ken's house (on the table and in the kitchien i)? hehe they are advertising the NEWS song "Hoshi wo mezashite"

horent135

Post by horent135 » Aug 2nd, '07, 04:39

did anyone watch right until the last second. There was some white Japanese word at the bottom. Can anyone translate that???

emumeetllama

Post by emumeetllama » Aug 2nd, '07, 05:31

horent135 wrote:did anyone watch right until the last second. There was some white Japanese word at the bottom. Can anyone translate that???
I didn't see any white characters, but are you taking about the black text at the bottom of the white screen at the end? All it says is "This drama is fiction." If that's not what you're talking about, I'd be interested to know what it was you saw. :)

horent135

Post by horent135 » Aug 2nd, '07, 05:34

o n/m i was wrong, it was black characters in the white screen. Thanks for translating it for me... I thought it meant something more interesting.

niakuerenzbgt

Post by niakuerenzbgt » Aug 5th, '07, 14:45

hajimamasite....
I'm the newbie here...
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu...

i agree with phenally... this drama was so so so so good...
but i still wondering what will rei do when she met kenzo, was she canceled her marriage (but it's kind of imposible...) or only say that she love ken...

what a shame ending...

dante_tha_don

Post by dante_tha_don » Aug 5th, '07, 16:04

^^^ If it is only church marriage its not important because she may marry someone else. There is no divorce in church at least the catholic one.(and this one looked like one). So they can be toghether without making something bad (beside christian faith).
This is only my opinion and it may not be completly true.

karz000

Post by karz000 » Aug 6th, '07, 05:37

i just finished the series too. it was quite good. im just wondering if do you guys think that there's gonna be a Prodai special?... because, i was quite contented with the ending because i was thinking perhaps there would be a special that will actually put things in to closure.. hahah. but do you guys think it's gonna have one?..

anyway, about the thing when Ken confessed to Rei before she accepts Tada's proposal. At that time, when she said "you couldn't understand anything.." i was like "wth?!?.." because i knew it was really hard for Ken to confess his feelings. but still he got rejected. then i realized that it was more of Rei being not really sure if Ken was actually sincere about it.. because if we would look back to it, Ken's sincerity to Rei wasn't really consistent.. yes, he did change a lot of things. but he only changed things or events that has a picture on the slideshow.. he didn't redo EVERYTHING all over again. he only went back to various events. soo he couldn't actually change the times that he wasn't really sincere to Rei. like there was on scene when Mikio told Ken uhmm something like "I couldn't understand you at all, sometimes you're really nice to Rei then again you're not" <-- something like that. soo yeah, i guess Rei took it that way.. maybe after all this time she thinks that Ken doesn't really see her as how she sees him.

whatever. did i even made sense?. haha.

phenally

Post by phenally » Aug 6th, '07, 05:50

karz000 wrote:i just finished the series too. it was quite good. im just wondering if do you guys think that there's gonna be a Prodai special?... because, i was quite contented with the ending because i was thinking perhaps there would be a special that will actually put things in to closure.. hahah. but do you guys think it's gonna have one?..

anyway, about the thing when Ken confessed to Rei before she accepts Tada's proposal. At that time, when she said "you couldn't understand anything.." i was like "wth?!?.." because i knew it was really hard for Ken to confess his feelings. but still he got rejected. then i realized that it was more of Rei being not really sure if Ken was actually sincere about it.. because if we would look back to it, Ken's sincerity to Rei wasn't really consistent.. yes, he did change a lot of things. but he only changed things or events that has a picture on the slideshow.. he didn't redo EVERYTHING all over again. he only went back to various events. soo he couldn't actually change the times that he wasn't really sincere to Rei. like there was on scene when Mikio told Ken uhmm something like "I couldn't understand you at all, sometimes you're really nice to Rei then again you're not" <-- something like that. soo yeah, i guess Rei took it that way.. maybe after all this time she thinks that Ken doesn't really see her as how she sees him.

whatever. did i even made sense?. haha.
*ahem* on a female point of view :P , remember b4 the whole Ken confession thing, Ken told Rei that he knows bout Tada sensei proposal , and then Rei told Ken how happy she is that Tada sensei able to express his feeling and stuff? And then Ken hugged Rei asked Rei to marry him instead. Rei said "you dont understand anything at all..." . If I was Rei i would probably behave the same way. Ken only say those thing AFTER he knows Rei gonna get married soon, after Rei told him that Tada proposed and able to express his feeling while Ken cant. So in a way, Rei sees that Ken is not being sincere or serious when he asked her to marry him. She wants Ken to confess without having to tell him or gives hint that She want to hear all those thing. So thats why Ken doesnt understant anything at all. :P .... all i can say is Ken chooses the WRONG moment to ask Rei to marry him.

Hope i am not confusing anyone :P

I want to see wat happen between Ken and Rei at the end. :-(

karz000

Post by karz000 » Aug 6th, '07, 06:37

*ahem* on a female point of view :P , remember b4 the whole Ken confession thing, Ken told Rei that he knows bout Tada sensei proposal , and then Rei told Ken how happy she is that Tada sensei able to express his feeling and stuff? And then Ken hugged Rei asked Rei to marry him instead. Rei said "you dont understand anything at all..." . If I was Rei i would probably behave the same way. Ken only say those thing AFTER he knows Rei gonna get married soon, after Rei told him that Tada proposed and able to express his feeling while Ken cant. So in a way, Rei sees that Ken is not being sincere or serious when he asked her to marry him. She wants Ken to confess without having to tell him or gives hint that She want to hear all those thing. So thats why Ken doesnt understant anything at all. :P .... all i can say is Ken chooses the WRONG moment to ask Rei to marry him.

Hope i am not confusing anyone :P

I want to see wat happen between Ken and Rei at the end. :-(
well yeah. lol. exactly. that's kinda true. Ken kinda chose the wrong moment to propose to Rei..

anyway, i just hope there would be a special.

xgela

Post by xgela » Aug 7th, '07, 23:19

is there a clubbox link were i can download the raw files from?

jaze

Post by jaze » Aug 8th, '07, 02:42

I know some of you were kinda like, "how could Ken (Yamapid) say he loved her at her wedding and in front of the groom?!" I dunno, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. Because, though he confessed he loved her at her wedding, he also basically said take care of yourself and be happy with Tada (the groom). So in essence, he was giving her up to the "better man". I thought that was very touching and generous of him because it really takes a lot to give up the person you love to another person.
phenally wrote:The ending is kinda frustrating. What kind of ending is that??!!! And i still have no idea if Rei want to be with Ken or Tada in the end. After all she is already married to Tada. Maybe she just want to say sorry to Ken for not noticing his feeling all this time ne?
Yeah, I really didn't like the ending too. I was hoping they would focus on it more and give us the audience some closure at least! Oh, I think the fact that when Tada asked her to choose which hand (the button scene), and she did, showed she really loved Ken, because even though she was already married to Tada, her actions proved otherwise. And if she really did love Tada, she could have just said, "the past is the past" and just let Ken go. Just my two cents hehe.

ArieZ

Post by ArieZ » Aug 8th, '07, 03:36

hmmm when i finally found a excellent drama to wacth... after downloaded dozen of boring drama.. why the ending has to be like that :cussing:
at least add 1minute extra to show they're hugging or kissing.... :argue: :argue:
hope they make the SP for that and make sure not making the same ending :cry:
Masam kawaii ne.... :wub:

pnoytecknix

Post by pnoytecknix » Aug 8th, '07, 04:48

ArieZ wrote:Masam kawaii ne.... :wub:
i agree...

BUT i didnt think the ending was so bad... u guys made it sound like it was really disappointing, but i wasnt that bothered by it. i agree that they could have made it a lil better by adding some action at the end, but at least we know she caught up to him, and now that she knows how he feels and has decided to come straight out with her own feelings as well, there is only one thing that could happen... ReixKenzo whoohoo!

iono i guess they left it open to a special or something, anyone know anything bout that? i know that prodai just ended awhile ago but maybe there something out there.... i hope

namelessmon

Post by namelessmon » Aug 8th, '07, 06:14

:blink he ending is like so obvious already...they together in the end what...you guys dun understand the last part izit?

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Aug 8th, '07, 21:45

Ok guys, I just finished my boss my hero for the second time now, and im wondering...
is this dorama worth of my precious time?
After reading last few opinions, it made me wonder if its worth it :|

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Aug 8th, '07, 22:28

newersumm wrote:Ok guys, I just finished my boss my hero for the second time now, and im wondering...
I really enjoyed it. I think I liked it better than MBMH overall, but I enjoyed both a lot. I would watch the first couple episodes and see because everyone has different taste. I liked it, but I think I'm easily pleased by drama's.

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Aug 8th, '07, 22:56

thanks mate, I'll give it a try.
I hope I get hooked up again like with MBMH. :alcoholic:

eirammm

Post by eirammm » Aug 13th, '07, 00:03

yaaay! one of the cutest dramas i have ever seen! i did not do anything but to "awww!" and "NoOoo!" to each episodes.. lol.. yamapi did it again. his acting gets better every now and then. at first i was hesitant to watch this since it talks about "fairy.... godfather(?)" and his magic..... then i saw an pv of this one.. and im like "WHOOA.. SEEMS LIKE A GOOD DRAMA... CHECK IT RIGHT NOW..." and yea, i ended up finishing the 11 episodes in one day.... it's really good. i love how the story goes back and forth and that ken needs to change something from his past which he thought would get his childhood friend back.... my favourite episode was the 2nd... that's when i got all hooked up... moral story of the drama: make the best of your life.

minimin

Post by minimin » Aug 19th, '07, 10:26

I just finish this drama. I dont get why people are complaining about the ending. It's not frustrating. It just a bit open to whatever floats you in however they make up.

You can clearly tell Rei decided to run after Kenzou and she even called his nickname "Kenzou" for the first time in a long while. Plus the fairy told her it's not late to reach out to him.
Kenzou did his proposal at the wedding. It was his last chance to tell her how he REALLY feels even if he never expect her to accept it. He had a lot of chances to propose before, but he wouldnt have made that SPEECH (which is touching) if he didnt experience all those failures in the past time-slippings and come to an understanding that he will not hide anymore. If he was truly selfish, he could have been selfish all those other time-slippings. Even the fairy told him ppl would only think about their own selfishness, but he didnt that why he failed. It's like a form of saying 'Please take care of her, or I'll beat you up Tada-san cause she's precious to me'.
If Rei went with Tada-san at the end it'll be unfair to Tada-san, b/c Rei does not truly love him. Tada-san deserves someone who truly loves him.

I think the ending's something different from the usual so it's still good rather than be obvious or repeating like all other drama endings. I am quite happy with this. <3

I love grandpa's quote: "If you say next time, you're stupid! If you put it off for tomorrow, you're stupid!".

karz000

Post by karz000 » Aug 20th, '07, 21:59

hey, does anyone have the piano sheet for the theme song of the drama "ashita hareru kana"?....

thaanks. :D

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Aug 23rd, '07, 01:37

minimin wrote:I just finish this drama. I dont get why people are complaining about the ending. It's not frustrating. It just a bit open to whatever floats you in however they make up.

You can clearly tell Rei decided to run after Kenzou and she even called his nickname "Kenzou" for the first time in a long while. Plus the fairy told her it's not late to reach out to him.
Kenzou did his proposal at the wedding. It was his last chance to tell her how he REALLY feels even if he never expect her to accept it. He had a lot of chances to propose before, but he wouldnt have made that SPEECH (which is touching) if he didnt experience all those failures in the past time-slippings and come to an understanding that he will not hide anymore. If he was truly selfish, he could have been selfish all those other time-slippings. Even the fairy told him ppl would only think about their own selfishness, but he didnt that why he failed. It's like a form of saying 'Please take care of her, or I'll beat you up Tada-san cause she's precious to me'.
If Rei went with Tada-san at the end it'll be unfair to Tada-san, b/c Rei does not truly love him. Tada-san deserves someone who truly loves him.

I think the ending's something different from the usual so it's still good rather than be obvious or repeating like all other drama endings. I am quite happy with this. <3

I love grandpa's quote: "If you say next time, you're stupid! If you put it off for tomorrow, you're stupid!".
Yep I agree it did have a good ending. I mean it was not the ending that everyone would hope for bu tit was good and different. The speech he made at the wedding only meant that he was truly grown up and could see things clearly on how the world revolves around everyone and not how the world revolves around him. He learned to be considerate and see how the others would feel. It was in a way that he finally opened his eyes even thought it was a bit too late.
Rei opened her eyes as well that in the end instead of regretting and holding back. She was able to be a little selfish something that she had not done throughout the drama. She was always selfless and always did what others expected her to do and finally she took a decision for her own happiness. Yes Tada needs someone to make him happy f wouldn't have been fair if he and Rei stayed to gether they probably wouldn't have been happy. There was this awkwardness between them they didn't seem to be comfortable with each other as you've seen Rei never did call Tada by his first name. The ending was open but it shows that to truly be happy you must work hard to achieve it. It gave a good message. Well this only my opinion.

fritzthe6th

Post by fritzthe6th » Aug 24th, '07, 02:26

hello everyone... i know its out of the topic.. but what does those japanese characters mean during the last scene of the last episode of Proposal Daisakusen....? can anyone tel me.. please..

squarebubblex

~

Post by squarebubblex » Aug 24th, '07, 08:30

newersumm wrote:Ok guys, I just finished my boss my hero for the second time now, and im wondering...
i loved it; made me want to live in the moment X]

Namida Iro

Post by Namida Iro » Aug 24th, '07, 08:46

fritzthe6th wrote:hello everyone... i know its out of the topic.. but what does those japanese characters mean during the last scene of the last episode of Proposal Daisakusen....? can anyone tel me.. please..
lol do you mean this?
"This drama is fictional." :lol

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Aug 24th, '07, 19:22

:lol Love the drama
but Tsurumi gets me angry, he keeps interrupting Ken from telling the truth piss me off!!

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Aug 25th, '07, 03:43

true but at least ken was able to eventually voice what he wanted to say

fritzthe6th

Post by fritzthe6th » Aug 25th, '07, 14:44

hahahah.... wow... so that was it... how embarrasing.... tnx...

StoneRoses

Post by StoneRoses » Aug 28th, '07, 11:00

Love this drama.

I try to collect this gem at the best quality possible. Where can I download the first 2 episodes in 720p?

D-Addicts bittorrent tracker does not have those 2 episodes.

aizzu_cherry

Post by aizzu_cherry » Sep 3rd, '07, 09:21

Last I watch diz dorama..

why the ending like that,, before I think Kenzo and Rei will married.. XD

ladysaotome

Post by ladysaotome » Sep 10th, '07, 19:25

I got an email advertisement today for the DVD set coming out & guess what?!!

"DVD box set from Japanese TV series "Propose Daisakusen" starring Tomohisa Yamashita and Masami Nagasawa. Box set includes all 12 episodes (11 broadcast episodes and final episode you'll only see in this box),...."

(bold added by me)

If that's really true!!!! Maybe we'll get the ending we were all wanting after all!

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 11th, '07, 00:56

final episode you'll only see in this box
EHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It sounds like a making-of special and, really, an extra 10 minutes is all you need. But it would be awesome if the episode was an 1-hour timewarp where, I don't know, Rei has to endure Kenzo dating somebody else.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 11th, '07, 02:25

@ladysaotome^^: Crazy! I'm excited! I hope someone is kind enough to upload and/or sub this for us :)

angie_22

Post by angie_22 » Sep 11th, '07, 02:28

i didnt like it's ending ... well there be a 2nd season to explain the ending or something because the end was the worst ending i've seen

ayachan2007

Post by ayachan2007 » Sep 11th, '07, 02:31

Egg-chan wrote:@ladysaotome^^: Crazy! I'm excited! I hope someone is kind enough to upload and/or sub this for us :)
Yeah, me too. :D

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Sep 11th, '07, 06:39

As much as i like Nagasawa Masami but there are times in this drama she looks really old.
She doesnt look like her age.

rarachan81

Post by rarachan81 » Sep 11th, '07, 07:50

i hate this drama when the angel come, why ??
and the ending i don't get it, it's like cut in the middle, rei just call kenzo just like that ???
after a long way?
by the way who knows about P.P.O.I.

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Sep 11th, '07, 13:14

:lol hallelujah chance :wink:

chleimel

Post by chleimel » Sep 11th, '07, 13:26

The only sad thing about this drama is that the ending such an OPEN ending.
Blah!

Yamapii :wub:

"hallelujah Chance!"

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 16th, '07, 09:59

^ maybe an open ending is good if it really will spell an SP, or another season. LOL

Yuuta Hiraoka here is so hot~ (well, he's always been since i saw him Tatta Hitotsu no Koi)
i totally adore Ken-zou's speech at the end. and i wept for Tada sensei's decision. how more giving can he be?