[Kmovie] I'm a Cyborg But That's Ok (2006)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Rasckita

[Kmovie] I'm a Cyborg But That's Ok (2006)

Post by Rasckita » May 5th, '07, 18:45

has any one seen this movie? And what did you guys thought of it? :-)

I'm a Cyborg But that's OK aka Saibogujiman kwenchana

Cast: Bi (Rain), Dal-su Oh, Su-jeong Lim, Byeong-ok Kim
Diretor: Chan-wook Park
Script : Chan-wook Park, Seo-Gyeong Jeong

Synopsis: Young-goon, mentally deranged and frequently electro-charging herself with a transistor radio, has been admitted into a mental institution. Firmly believing herself to be a cyborg, she refuses to consume like a human being. Il-soon is another patient, who catches the eye of Young-goon and soon becomes a close friend. Il-soon is now confronted with the biggest task – to cure Young-goon’s mental problem and have her eat real food.

Trailler : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKLk6A2tDQI
Official Website: http://www.cyborg2006.co.kr/ <--Amazing Graphics and Super creative!!! :P
Last edited by Rasckita on May 5th, '07, 19:11, edited 3 times in total.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 5th, '07, 18:48

I watched the movie few days ago & honestly I didn't like it..
Even that there acting is good but I didn't like the stroy..

Kity_Kira

Post by Kity_Kira » May 5th, '07, 18:52

arabian wrote:I watched the movie few days ago & honestly I didn't like it..
I watched it today... And I felt the same way.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 5th, '07, 18:54

Kity_Kira wrote:
arabian wrote:I watched the movie few days ago & honestly I didn't like it..
I watched it today... And I felt the same way.
Thanxx god i wasn't the only one who feel that.. :P

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » May 5th, '07, 18:55

Same here. I wonder why Bi took this role.

This movie is boring and mad.....Anybody say this movie is good definitely insane.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 5th, '07, 18:57

Really??? Dont you think you guys stayed disapointed because were expecting a movie more in Old boy and lady vangence style?

I thought the plot seems interesting. I havent watched it yet but i'm looking foward to.

Syuichi

Post by Syuichi » May 5th, '07, 18:57

One of the worst movies ever. Park Chan Wook should have stuck to those crazy vengeance movies.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 5th, '07, 18:58

sp4078 wrote:Same here. I wonder why Bi took this role.

This movie is boring and mad.....Anybody say this movie is good definitely insane.
For that I just watched the half of the movie & then I felt sleepy.. :mrgreen:

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 5th, '07, 19:02

I was looking foward to watch this movie because of 3 reasons:
1) Rain :wub: (gotta love him!)
2) Park Chan Wook
3) Interesting Plot

By the way, rain got an award for his acting in this movie!

arabian

Post by arabian » May 5th, '07, 19:04

Rasckita wrote:I was looking foward to watch this movie because of 3 reasons:
1) Rain :wub: (gotta love him!)
2) Park Chan Wook
3) Interesting Plot

By the way, rain got an award for his acting in this movie!
I told you that his acting was great with the other actress but the story was really disappointing .. I think it apropraite to cartoon movie more.. :P

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 5th, '07, 19:07

He even yodels in this movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpT5yRigTnQ :wub:

I cant wait to watch this movie. Then i'll be able to say what i think about it.

Comparing to 200 pounds beauty, which is better?

arabian

Post by arabian » May 5th, '07, 19:10

Rasckita wrote:He even yodels in this movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpT5yRigTnQ :wub:

I cant wait to watch this movie. Then i'll be able to say what i think about it.

Comparing to 200 pounds beauty, which is better?
I can defintly say That 200 pound beauty is much better.. it was an interesting & nice movie..

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » May 5th, '07, 19:10

BTW, I don't like the way Bi kisses. Except Full House, I feel like he was eating his partners' faces, not kissing. Ewww.

Kity_Kira

Post by Kity_Kira » May 5th, '07, 19:14

EDIT: ^ Yes! It looks like he was eating her... xD

I prefer 200 Pounds Beauty... I felt more attached to the story. And I even cried. XD But there were some bad part points to it too.
Although I'm a Cyborg, But that is OK is different and unique, I just didn't like it. I felt like I was going crazy watching it. XDDD And some parts freaked me out, where some parts were quite amusing (like talking to the vending machine and the guy puts a coin in it).
I just didn't understand what was going on at time. The ending was weird too...
Last edited by Kity_Kira on May 5th, '07, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 5th, '07, 19:15

I can defintly say That 200 pound beauty is much better.. it was an interesting & nice movie..
~

i'll watch this movie today! I hope it's funny and nice as it seems to be! :-)

By the way, does anyone knows a working torrent to download "i'm a cyborg but that's ok"? I found one but it's not working! :cry: I know this movie is on youtube and crunchyroll but i rather download it...
BTW, I don't like the way Bi kisses. Except Full House, I feel like he was eating his partners' faces, not kissing. Ewww.
Ohhh i think he kisses fine... and if this is how Rain "eats faces", i wouldnt mind to have mine "eaten" by him :lol :wub:

Rain recieving an award for his acting in this movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HiSQ34V ... ed&search=

Kity_Kira

Post by Kity_Kira » May 5th, '07, 19:23

By the way, does anyone knows a working torrent to download "i'm a cyborg but that's ok"? I found one but it's not working! :cry: I know this movie is on youtube and crunchyroll but i rather download it...
http://lovelymovies.colorfulblog.com/20 ... -thats-ok/

It's on Megaupload, but you have to join the parts up by HJSplit. And it's not one of those bad low quality avi. I think it's DVD standard (by what I see)...
Last edited by Kity_Kira on May 5th, '07, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 5th, '07, 19:23

Rasckita wrote:
~

i'll watch this movie today! I hope it's funny and nice as it seems to be! :-)

I search in this site & that was the result check it & download the better..

http://search.conduit.com/Search.aspx?c ... ova&q=Lost

But if you want a CB there is a lot..

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 5th, '07, 20:07

http://lovelymovies.colorfulblog.com/20 ... -thats-ok/

It's on Megaupload, but you have to join the parts up by HJSplit. And it's not one of those bad low quality avi. I think it's DVD standard (by what I see)...
thanks for the link. :-) i've seen that before and it seems to be the same file from the torrent which means it's good quality. But it'll take me ages to download it on megaupload because in my country the slots are always full most part of the day so i only have a short time of the day that i'm able to download on megaupload! :-(

thanks...it appeared 2 torrents. one is the one that's not working here, i'll try the other.
Ahhh please could you give me one CB link?

CaritoAgu

Post by CaritoAgu » May 6th, '07, 02:49

I'm currently downloading on utorrent and so far so good ;)

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 6th, '07, 13:57

Mine is staying with the arrow red! :( would you mind giving me the torrent?

Kon Kon

Post by Kon Kon » May 6th, '07, 14:07

I didn't see the movie because i'm waiting for the sub from naynay123 clubbox.. do anyone have the sub???

aqatha

Post by aqatha » May 6th, '07, 14:16

Kon Kon wrote:I didn't see the movie because i'm waiting for the sub from naynay123 clubbox.. do anyone have the sub???
Try www.kloofy.net they have the sub.. But you have to register first..
:lol

I download the movie.. but not watch it yet.. I need the right mood :D

JoeCheng

Post by JoeCheng » May 6th, '07, 14:22

I watched the movie and I love it!
Bi´s acting is really great and the story is just so crazy... =)
Even though the story at the beginning is much better than at the end.. but it´s funny and you have to watch it at least twice to understand all the hidden hints behind the characters.
So I would recommend to watch the movie. ^^

Lady Bell

Post by Lady Bell » May 6th, '07, 14:25

I got the subs (and the movie) at http://narishun-kun.livejournal.com/.

And I really liked this movie a lot. For people saying that it's not "nice"... isn't this more of a black comedy? That's how it felt to me, especially at the beginning. Regardless, to each his own. ^^

arabian

Post by arabian » May 6th, '07, 14:40

Rasckita wrote:

thanks...it appeared 2 torrents. one is the one that's not working here, i'll try the other.
Ahhh please could you give me one CB link?
http://clubbox.co.kr/naynay123

http://clubbox.co.kr/kdwluverz

& the sub you'll find it here:

http://www.kloofy.net/

doohyunee

Post by doohyunee » May 6th, '07, 17:18

one of the most disappointing movies i watched last year.

a few things to note...
1. lim soo jung looks weird without eyebrows
2. jung ji hoon should stick to his singing career as bi
3. experimentalism way beyond general viewers' taste is not healthy
4. there's always another reason when your gf drags you to a movie that doesn't seem too promising, such as bi and lim's theater visit after screening :glare:

CaritoAgu

Post by CaritoAgu » May 9th, '07, 03:16

I'm currently seeding this one for a bit ;)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 9th, '07, 03:31

whaaa... :crazy: i was weirded out with this movie. lolz... i think i was also about to go crazy coz of it. :w00t:

elden41

Post by elden41 » May 12th, '07, 20:11

My oh my. I took me over 4 days to finish watching this, but it's less than 2 hrs long. LOL. Terrible, I mean, it's just terrible. I understand it's supposed to be a little off as far as a black/morbid comedy, but I saw absolutely no point to this. Just as lim soo jung was searching for a point to her existance, I'm also wondering why this movie exists.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » May 12th, '07, 20:20

I found it really boring...maybe I was looking forward to it for too long. Overhyped or something. But if I'd never heard of it, it might be interesting.

:thumbsdown:

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » May 12th, '07, 20:23

even the superb acting of Im Soo Jung cant save this crap.. :crazy:
this movie is definitely NOT for everyone

_Toki_

Post by _Toki_ » May 12th, '07, 21:54

Am I the only one that like this movie?
I thought it was funny:)

hacksign

Post by hacksign » May 12th, '07, 22:29

Great acting and reasonably amusing at parts but overall the movie was kinda dull. Seriously, all of the main girl's hallucinations was such a pain to watch. I couldn't stand watching them cause it was too "out there" given that I initially thought she only suffered from delusions (though I guess she does meet the DSM criteria for being a schizophrenic and hallucination is a possible symptom). Still, I admit that it was sorta amusing how Bi's character would be a part of them.

Oh, and the one thing I was sorta annoyed about in this movie was why none of these people were medicated? I mean, talk therapy is fine and all but it's not gonna fix the BRAIN problem. Though I guess if they want to try and reason with an insane person it's their prerogative...

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 12th, '07, 22:42

i saw this movie -it is also available, hardsubbed, at: chinkymovies.blogspot.com- well
i watched only because of Im Soo-jung, i really like her, one of my fav Korean actresses...

and i liked it, through this movie i fell in love with Bi... that kiss was hot though, ive been
yearning for a kiss like that in a K drama, they just dont deliver... well i liked, i liked!

maybe its because i like all types of dramas and movies....

DredPirateScotty

Post by DredPirateScotty » May 13th, '07, 01:08

Lol, dang, I kinda feel bad for liking this movie now :whistling:

I didn't absolutely love it, but I didn't think it was horrid. It was cool how most of the storytelling was more from the viewpoint of the crazy people (hence the "odd" "wtf" moments in the movie that made little to no sense). The doctors cracked me up because it felt like they had really no idea what they were doing. It felt like their main point was to call someone skitzo and throw a little electro shock therapy at 'em instead of really trying to get to the root of the patients' problems. Rain's acting was awesome (tho I do agree that the kiss was a little on the "ugh" side but if not for him "eating" her face we wouldn't have gotten that cute little funny point at the end of it (kiss) ) As for the ending of the movie.
I thought it was perfect! Throughout the movie Il-sun's objective was to get Young-goon to eat. He did that while being able to get closer in his relationship to her to the point where, while she was still held down by the "seven deadly sins" she at least expressed that if she could she would have thanked him for helping her. That told me that she herself also harbored feelings for II-sun. So them at the ending "cementing" that relationship, if you will, was just .. well, beautiful to me :wub: . I never expected them to leave the hospital "miraculously" cured and off to live a happy-ever-after life. No, they are very obviously sick in the head but they were lucky enough to have found each other in this odd ball of a place and managed to fall in love, no matter how deranged they were. The ending was just to cap off their love.
Maybe it's just my own thoughts but I thought it was a wonderful tale and I enjoyed it. Is it for everyone? Heck no, hahaha.:lol: But for those with a taste for it, I think they'll find it rather enjoyable. :thumright:

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 14th, '07, 11:28

wow that was a beautiful review... :cry:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » May 14th, '07, 11:38

i thought the first half of the movie was just so-so. although there were many good moments. at first i was skeptical about watching the 2nd half but i'm truly glad i did ^^ it's not an AMAZING movie but i'd say it's still pretty good overall. you just kinda gotta sit through it.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » May 14th, '07, 17:11

I just finished watching this movie and i really liked it...
i think the reason why some people didnt liked it was that they were expecting a movie in a "old boy" and the vengence trilogy mood. And "i'm a cyborg but that ok" has a dark mood but shown in a totally different way of Park's previous movies.

"I'm a Cyborg but that's ok" has a story totally different from tim burton's version of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", but it is similiar in it's humour and in it's
sweetness that has such an acid way that shock, amazes and thrills at the same time. It's kinda like a dark humour shown in colors...

It's a great movie, with great acting, great direction and great photography.
:cheers:

oscar9339

Post by oscar9339 » May 14th, '07, 17:23

I love it!!!!! It's the best Korean film do far. It's more like an Art house movie mix with a bit of imagination.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » May 14th, '07, 21:48

thats the movie it reminded me of the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" movie...

the style is very similar...

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » May 14th, '07, 21:54

Superkyle wrote:thats the movie it reminded me of the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" movie...

the style is very similar...
And they're both about schizophrenia.

dima
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dima » May 28th, '07, 21:44

I reckon it would have been o.k. for a longish tv drama, but should not have made it on the big screen - neither the idea nor the execution were worthy of notice :whistling:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » May 30th, '07, 10:37

haha.. this movie was too sick to watch. i just graduated from nursing and i have been identifying the personality disorders each patients has... if i was thinking just like them, i would have really believed she was a cyborg. lolz!

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Jun 3rd, '07, 13:00

this movie was really odd..but i kinda liked it...it was kinda funny and the same time it was wierd to watch.. :lol Bi was funny!!! :wub:

JenEm

Post by JenEm » Jun 3rd, '07, 13:14

Mmh... I don't know... if it weren't for Bi Rain I wouldn't have watched this movie at all!

KIEPIRELLA

Post by KIEPIRELLA » Jun 3rd, '07, 13:45

DredPirateScotty wrote:Lol, dang, I kinda feel bad for liking this movie now :whistling:

I didn't absolutely love it, but I didn't think it was horrid. It was cool how most of the storytelling was more from the viewpoint of the crazy people (hence the "odd" "wtf" moments in the movie that made little to no sense). The doctors cracked me up because it felt like they had really no idea what they were doing. It felt like their main point was to call someone skitzo and throw a little electro shock therapy at 'em instead of really trying to get to the root of the patients' problems. Rain's acting was awesome (tho I do agree that the kiss was a little on the "ugh" side but if not for him "eating" her face we wouldn't have gotten that cute little funny point at the end of it (kiss) ) As for the ending of the movie.
I thought it was perfect! Throughout the movie Il-sun's objective was to get Young-goon to eat. He did that while being able to get closer in his relationship to her to the point where, while she was still held down by the "seven deadly sins" she at least expressed that if she could she would have thanked him for helping her. That told me that she herself also harbored feelings for II-sun. So them at the ending "cementing" that relationship, if you will, was just .. well, beautiful to me :wub: . I never expected them to leave the hospital "miraculously" cured and off to live a happy-ever-after life. No, they are very obviously sick in the head but they were lucky enough to have found each other in this odd ball of a place and managed to fall in love, no matter how deranged they were. The ending was just to cap off their love.
Maybe it's just my own thoughts but I thought it was a wonderful tale and I enjoyed it. Is it for everyone? Heck no, hahaha.:lol: But for those with a taste for it, I think they'll find it rather enjoyable. :thumright:
You took the words out of my mouth.. :heart:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 5th, '07, 14:37

My simple brain could not take the non-linear non-plot driven narrative... I guess the acting was fine, but didn't have a frame of reference, so couldn't really critique it

hilarydilarydoo

Post by hilarydilarydoo » Jun 21st, '07, 05:54

im a cyborg but its okay was pretty good. but i have other favorite movies this movie was not really one of my faovorite but i still watched it because rain bi was in it xD it was a pretty weird/interesting movie. it was so cute how rain starting falling in love with that girl who thinks shes a cyborg. it was also cute how he made her eat.

akane_MYV

Post by akane_MYV » Jun 23rd, '07, 22:25

Woa oh my god! That was the worst movie ever! That is absolutely not a movie for everyone, I think most of the watchers were disappointed on the story, it is such a waste to get Rain acting in such a movie!
I expected so much, and so I was really disappointed! :glare:
I don't like the storyline, just too crazy and senseless and not funny at all.

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jun 23rd, '07, 23:03

this must be an asian child of the famous 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest' (featuring the gorgeous Jack Nicholson). personally i think the movie sucks a lot. and since i hate it, i have no comment :salut:

bean

Post by bean » Jun 25th, '07, 14:06

:lol :lol :lol Korea movie is always unexpected.. i mean the stroyline...

I watch this movie because the actress is the girl form MISA im soo jung.. I never wacth this movie coz of rain.. But this movie make my impression to Rain change.. Coz i never expected him to act such a character.. Wakakaka..

Anyway, i really cant understand this movie .. N the last scene is about what?? the two people doing wat? Its too far so i cant figure out what they doing..

Erm, tis movie is funny too. :lol

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jun 25th, '07, 14:58

bean wrote::lol :lol :lol Korea movie is always unexpected.. i mean the stroyline...

I watch this movie because the actress is the girl form MISA im soo jung.. I never wacth this movie coz of rain.. But this movie make my impression to Rain change.. Coz i never expected him to act such a character.. Wakakaka..

Anyway, i really cant understand this movie .. N the last scene is about what?? the two people doing wat? Its too far so i cant figure out what they doing..

Erm, tis movie is funny too. :lol
omg! me too, i watched this movie because of her not Rain, but no i actually kind of like Rain, the movie was pretty good, what do you mean you dont understand, like literally dont understand or you dont understand the message or plot of the movie?

if you cant understand literally there's a site with subs....

http://chinkymovies.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... ts-ok.html

bean

Post by bean » Jun 26th, '07, 11:22

Wah, thanks for the site.. Actually i understand what the whole movie is 'mainly' about..

What i mean is, what the director trying to show in the end of the movie. Do u remember the last scene is when Rain and soo jung look at each other?? What is the message he trying to show us?!~ Hehe.. I think u notice dat the last scene is very far, i mean very smal.. :-)

That site is awesome... Thank you !

doohyunee

Post by doohyunee » Jun 27th, '07, 01:39

if i remember correctly...
director park chan-wook said "there is no serious message that i tried to pass on to viewers. if there were one, 'let's eat well and be healthy', that's about it?".
this took place during a short surprise theater visit, along with rain and lim su jung, at apgujung CGV in seoul around mid december last year.

this movie has no message whatsoever as the director himself commented. :glare:

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jun 27th, '07, 11:26

doohyunee, never, never believe a director who says "I wasn't trying to convey a message through my film". They are just saying that.

Many artists say that kind of thing, because "the message" is the entire work of art, and they want people to use their minds/hearts to figure out the message by themselves. If it could have been expressed in a simple sentence or two, they wouldn't have bothered making a whole film, writing a whole poem / song, painting a whole painting, you get the idea :-)

"Let's eat well and be healthy" is in any case a great message, even if it was the only one! XD

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Jun 29th, '07, 17:27

a movie for children, but really nice and lovely movie touching hearts

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jun 29th, '07, 22:27

For children?! :blink :O With all those people dying about with blood spurting all over, from all that shooting from the cyborg?! No, no, no! :O
It's all fantasy, of course, but I wouldn't want any child I know to watch that... :unsure:

Totally off-topic, AngelicLayer, so good to see you here: could you please edit the title for Matsuda Shota's thread, so that his name is spelled correctly? Please? :roll I suffer every time I see it XD

what'sup

Post by what'sup » Jul 7th, '07, 20:07

what language is this movie in?

what'sup

Post by what'sup » Jul 7th, '07, 20:15

Do you guys have DDL for this series?

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Jul 8th, '07, 04:58

the movie is in Korean, there is a link in this page, at that page you can find the movie english hardsubbed... its direct download...

havent been here in a long time...

bean, well i dont know what the message is in that scene because i dont know what kind of message the director was trying to give but to me it was a very sweet scene, when they were just there together, to me the message was that they were together...

devotee

Post by devotee » Jul 8th, '07, 17:34

the cinematography is great. it defintely follows the larger-than-life surrealism that alot of k-movies have.

But the plot stinks. and because of that, I have a huge mistrust to watch these two in any future movies - they were banking on the fans of MISA/ Bi & PCW....

heartangel103

Post by heartangel103 » Jul 12th, '07, 14:08

anyone, please i need your help. i'm trying to do a film review on this movie for my abnormal psychology class but i have trouble because i don't think i've interpreted the movie more or less in the right way. please, if anyone could help me, here are my quesiotions (if you could just please kindly message me about your thoughts on the movie and my questions. thanks so much!)
did they have sex at the end of the movie? what was that all about? i'm sorry, i really am lost!

Takeshi1

Post by Takeshi1 » Aug 10th, '07, 21:04

I can't believe how many people didn't like the movie.
It's one of my favorite movies ever after watching it.
And I can't believe how many people say "It's not for everyone".
I would think that everyone would love it. :O

I was not familiar with the actors, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I think this is Park's second best film, next to Oldboy.

The cinematography was absolutely gorgeous, the acting was wonderful, and the writing and directing was excellent.
The music was lovely, and flowed with the movie very well.
No offense, but I think some people must lack any imagination at all to not like this movie.
Because of the hallucinations in the film, you might get taken out of the film, that is, if you don't have an imagination.
And I guess it's possible the actors have done better jobs in other films, but I thought they were great in this movie.
:P

It's really disappointing to see how many people don't like the film, and incredibly surprising.
When you see something full of great heart, great theme, and great spirit, you believe it's a masterpiece, and when you hear so many people saying it's not, it's disturbing.

I understand people have different opinions on things, but this is really, very surprising. :unsure:

I feel as though I'll disappear into a dot at any moment. :-)

I would suggest watching it again, and I guess I'll do the same, maybe I'll notice something I hadn't before.

Anyway, I loved it. :thumright:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 11th, '07, 01:22

Takeshi1 wrote:I can't believe how many people didn't like the movie.
It's one of my favorite movies ever after watching it.
And I can't believe how many people say "It's not for everyone".
I would think that everyone would love it. :O

I was not familiar with the actors, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I think this is Park's second best film, next to Oldboy.

The cinematography was absolutely gorgeous, the acting was wonderful, and the writing and directing was excellent.
The music was lovely, and flowed with the movie very well.
No offense, but I think some people must lack any imagination at all to not like this movie.
Because of the hallucinations in the film, you might get taken out of the film, that is, if you don't have an imagination.
And I guess it's possible the actors have done better jobs in other films, but I thought they were great in this movie.
:P

It's really disappointing to see how many people don't like the film, and incredibly surprising.
When you see something full of great heart, great theme, and great spirit, you believe it's a masterpiece, and when you hear so many people saying it's not, it's disturbing.

I understand people have different opinions on things, but this is really, very surprising. :unsure:

I feel as though I'll disappear into a dot at any moment. :-)

I would suggest watching it again, and I guess I'll do the same, maybe I'll notice something I hadn't before.

Anyway, I loved it. :thumright:

not that i totally detest the movie... it was just... it was soOo weird that its hard to catch up with the story line. i wouldn't even watch it if it didn't look interesting.... but still. people have different opinions. you are one of the lucky ones who truly enjoyed it. :D as for me... :scratch: i have my second thoughts. and yes.. i watched it for the 2nd time already. that's where i did grasp the whole story that both are really lunatics, not just pretending.

Takeshi1

Post by Takeshi1 » Aug 11th, '07, 03:25

biniBningPunkista wrote:
not that i totally detest the movie... it was just... it was soOo weird that its hard to catch up with the story line. i wouldn't even watch it if it didn't look interesting.... but still. people have different opinions. you are one of the lucky ones who truly enjoyed it. :D as for me... :scratch: i have my second thoughts. and yes.. i watched it for the 2nd time already. that's where i did grasp the whole story that both are really lunatics, not just pretending.
After re-reading my post I realized it was a bit exaggerated, and kinda mean. :P

I was just surprised, and liked the movie.
But I agree, it can be a bit weird at times, and maybe a little hard to completely follow all of the story. :-)
I'm glad you re-watched it though.
I'm gonna try to watch it again soon.

Takeshi1

Post by Takeshi1 » Aug 11th, '07, 03:42

Rasckita wrote:I just finished watching this movie and i really liked it...
i think the reason why some people didnt liked it was that they were expecting a movie in a "old boy" and the vengence trilogy mood. And "i'm a cyborg but that ok" has a dark mood but shown in a totally different way of Park's previous movies.

"I'm a Cyborg but that's ok" has a story totally different from tim burton's version of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", but it is similiar in it's humour and in it's
sweetness that has such an acid way that shock, amazes and thrills at the same time. It's kinda like a dark humour shown in colors...

Exactly!! :D :thumright:

I think also some people may have been expecting a regular drama, without the humour or colorful cinematography.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 11th, '07, 14:33

Takeshi1 wrote:
Rasckita wrote:I just finished watching this movie and i really liked it...

Exactly!! :D :thumright:

I think also some people may have been expecting a regular drama, without the humour or colorful cinematography.

everyone really had their opinions...
the thing that made this movie interesting for me (as i've said before i do not detest it...) was the cinematography. it was really VERY creative. to be thinking beyond what a normal person would be thinking is really brilliant. and putting it into the big screen is just... amazing. this is like taking a peek into the world of unknown.
:salut:

bexell

Post by bexell » Aug 11th, '07, 14:55

Must say I'm with Takeshi1 on this - big fan of Park Chan Wook - and I LOVED IACBTOK. Kind of the bastard love-child of Gondry and Burton on acid with that tell-tale Park Chan-wook humour, which manages to both outrageously inapproriate and utterly hilarious. The man is a genius!!
Loved the soundtrack, the cinematography was truly inspired (particularly loved the opening sequence with the credits being shown on everything to the duct tape that Young-goon is wrapping around her wrist.) CGI - brilliant; and the acting ... forgetabboutit - every single character actor in there should have waltzed away with an award ... I mean, really, who didn't find the painfully apologetic man who walked backward hilarious?
One of the best Kmovies I have seen in a long time ... PCW is, as far as I know, one of the best, if not the only, true Korean auteur.
Quirky, sweet, brutal and utterly left of centre - a masterpiece.

kimmy12

Post by kimmy12 » Aug 14th, '07, 14:16

i don't like it either.. i don't even understand the story line and it make me feels sleepy

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Aug 14th, '07, 15:22

well this movie is for just a certain group of people its not for everyone, not everyone can appreciate a movie like this, i totally loved it, i rewatch it several times a day, it makes me laugh and the plot draws me in so much, plus Bi and Im Soo young are goodies, shes one of my favorite actress'...

arielle7

Post by arielle7 » Aug 30th, '07, 04:35

heartangel103 wrote:anyone, please i need your help. i'm trying to do a film review on this movie for my abnormal psychology class but i have trouble because i don't think i've interpreted the movie more or less in the right way. please, if anyone could help me, here are my quesiotions (if you could just please kindly message me about your thoughts on the movie and my questions. thanks so much!)
did they have sex at the end of the movie? what was that all about? i'm sorry, i really am lost!

I thought I was the only one who thought that.....of course I didn't say anything b/c I didn't want to look like a perv :glare: but I wonder if that's what they were doing... :whistling: tsk tsk Bi is naughty

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 12th, '07, 15:47

Not having any biases with the other movies I've seen and reading a brief summary of the plot before downloading the movie, I thought the movie itself was not that bad.

Try not to compare it with other movies because it is unique. The imagery, special effects, cinematography and acting are top notch. Im Su-jeong and of course Bi really expresses how mentally ill they can be but still have a pure love for each other.

And who doesn't love Bi yodelling his heart out. That was too cute :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 4th, '07, 14:58

if you saw the kissing scene.. it was a... whoa! bi kissing like that.
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

jinalbert

Post by jinalbert » Oct 7th, '07, 20:51

In the beginning, I thought it would be similar to a movie call Citizen Dog, but I stop at about half way through with Cyborg.

The color and style of telling the story are great. Maybe, it's because I don't understand Korean language, but the story seems to drag on without much purpose after the first 30 minutes. Then by half way, I'm not sure why I am still watching it, and turn it off...

JlovesVan

loved it!

Post by JlovesVan » Dec 7th, '07, 16:33

Wow, I am surprised at how many people didn't like this movie. I thought it was amazing and not just because I am a Ji Hoon fan either. The cinematography was fantastic, the portrayal of the entire cast of their mental disorder was jaw dropping. I thought everyone did a superb job. I loved how we got to see from the angle of the patience most of the time giving that dreamy, haunting feeling that makes you unsure what is reality and what is not. It is probably on par with how a schizophrenic experiences reality a good chunk of the time. Bi as a sociopath was fantastic and I love how he found a way to care for the main actress, helping her to begin eating again was heartbreaking.

My husband and I laughed until we cried through this movie. We still go around saying "transfer" all of the time because the shear brilliance of "stealing" the mental patients super powers had me rolling with laughter.

The romantic element was bizarre and sweet and the kiss (had her head not been turning around..) would make anyones heart skip a beat. Wow! Is all I have to say about that....
I loved it! I have seen it 4 times and I make everyone who comes to my house watch it :)