[b]Warning[/b]: Watching Korean Drama will cause hunger

Discuss Korean drama series here.
ev0 viii

[b]Warning[/b]: Watching Korean Drama will cause hunger

Post by ev0 viii » Jul 19th, '07, 23:11

Watching Korean Drama always makes me Hungry :lol . I know many here feels the same way, because all the Koreans drama I have watched have always shows savory food, and Korean foods are just so well prepared with all the sides and the soups :wub: . Cooking the food becomes an art. So I'm requesting from those of you that Do know, please can you share with us the secrets of preparing Korean BBQ .. and what sides dishes are popular

o2inspire_32v

Post by o2inspire_32v » Jul 19th, '07, 23:42

I love Korean BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please show me your cooking secrets also! :cheers:

kotatsulove

Post by kotatsulove » Jul 20th, '07, 03:36

i have a recipe for bulgogi, which is beef barbeque. i've never made it so i don't know how it'll turn out... i have a korean friend so i get my food fix from her. my favorite is...chopchae. yumm.

here we go:

Ingredients:

5-6 pounds of beef ribs or thinly sliced beef

2 crushed garlic cloves

1 cup of green onions

1 1/2 tsp. of pepper

3 tsp. of sesame oil

2 cups of soy sauce

1/2 cup of sugar

Mix garlic, sesame oil, green onions, pepper, soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl. Add beef and coat well. Marinate it overnight. Barbeque (that's pretty straight foward)

it can be eaten wrapped in lettuce with rice and such..

please try it and tell me how it tastes!

anhnie

Re: [b]Warning[/b]: Watching Korean Drama will cause hunger

Post by anhnie » Jul 20th, '07, 04:09

ev0 viii wrote:Watching Korean Drama always makes me Hungry :lol . I know many here feels the same way, because all the Koreans drama I have watched have always shows savory food, and Korean foods are just so well prepared with all the sides and the soups :wub: . Cooking the food becomes an art. So I'm requesting from those of you that Do know, please can you share with us the secrets of preparing Korean BBQ .. and what sides dishes are popular
ev0 viii, I totall agree w/ you! my mouth always waters whenever i see the ppl in the kdramas eating korean beef, ramyun, kimchi, and i forgot to write it, but it's that black bean saucy noodles..o man those look so good, i really wanna try those..if anyone knows how to make that, please do share, i really wanna make that! And also, if anyone knows how to make that big bowl of mixed rice (the rice is red) with like beef, veggies, etc...Song Hye Gyo ate it in Full House & Sam Soon in MNIKSS..does anyone know what that's called and how to make it? Thanks a lot!

kotatsulove, thanks alot for the recipe! Bulgogi is the STUFF! I love kimbap too! If i watch a kdrama late at night, i always have the urge to cook some ramyun..lol..it's so tempting. MmmmMm..I cant wait to study abroad in Korea next yr so i can try all the goodies..o man, i think i'm gonna gain 5 bazillion lbs! lol

:roll :thumleft:

asianblondgirl

Post by asianblondgirl » Jul 20th, '07, 04:29

OMG i really do think Korean dramas should be a health hazered!
And i thought it was only me whogotallhungry while watching them.

andnever

Post by andnever » Jul 20th, '07, 04:59

that dish on Full House was bibimbap which is stewed veggies, rice, kimchi and sesame oil (with little variations here and there). it,s healthy and delicious!

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jul 20th, '07, 06:08

andnever wrote:that dish on Full House was bibimbap which is stewed veggies, rice, kimchi and sesame oil (with little variations here and there). it,s healthy and delicious!
o wow, that sounds yummy! healthy AND delicious, yay, two in one, cant beat that..thanks andnever!

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jul 20th, '07, 08:18

yeah, i've been watching korean dramas for quite some time and when i look at my cupboard, i have lots of korean food now.. i have kimchi, bulgogi sauce, and the ever present kimchi ramyon..

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jul 20th, '07, 15:41

The thing that amazes me the most about Korean meals is that they have so SO MANY dishes. Even for breakfast they have like 12 dishes on the table. Who has time to prepare such elaborate meals...3 times a day?! I really need to find myself a Korean wife 8)

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jul 20th, '07, 16:01

Haha!! It's true! It's true! Full House was my first Korean drama, and I immediately started sampling all sorts of Korean pickled everything over rice. Fortunately, here in Los Angeles, we have Korean markets that carry a hundred different freshly made pickles. I make kalbi using an off-the-shelf marinade that has chunks of pineapple visible in it. I buy short ribs from the Vietnamese market (very cheap and freshly butchered) and cut off the meat for kalbi, and boil the bones for soup. You can get fresh King Oyster mushrooms at the HK market, and they also sell fresh ginseng among a hundred other things, so sometimes I pretend I'm making something from Dae Jang Geum... It always comes out "interesting"!

I've become really fond of regular kimchi (napa cabbage), and a dried turnip pickle that has a sort of meaty texture. Also, there a a large number of Korean fruit "wines"... The best is mulberry.

Now I'm hungry.
Last edited by pokute on Jul 21st, '07, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jul 21st, '07, 01:27

yeah, that bibimbap in FUll HOuse looks so delicious, i really want ot learn how to make it. Bi was so funny eating it.

BabiiBue92

Post by BabiiBue92 » Jul 21st, '07, 05:50

Hahaha
yeah totally agree, when I'm watchin Korean Dramas I always need up staring at the food!
I never tired korean food, god I'm dieing to eat some!

FoolyDooly

Post by FoolyDooly » Jul 21st, '07, 13:21

Being Korean, sometimes watching shows with too much food does give me munchies.. Good thing my family, including myself can cook. XD

Jung-won

Post by Jung-won » Jul 21st, '07, 13:27

In future, you cannot use BBC in the Subject.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 21st, '07, 16:59

Hehhehehe. Most definitely true. I remember watching Fantasy Couple and then running into my kitchen to make myself some ramen. the closest thing to jjajangmyun i could find.

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jul 23rd, '07, 18:05

I used to live in New Malden (London suburb), which has the biggest Korean community in Europe. So yeah, the food there is the best in the whole England. Lots of Korean restaurants.

emceelegs

Post by emceelegs » Aug 10th, '07, 02:23

I find it funny but I really hate noodles before but after watching so many
korean dramas I find myself getting cup noodles in the grocery and eating
them like a korean..hahaha :lol Also one time I went home I find my son and my
daughter eating noodles and in chopsticks...mind you they know how to use
it...OH my!!! the influence of koreancraze.....

kissformystar

Post by kissformystar » Aug 10th, '07, 04:53

I so agree about getting hungry.

I found this lady on YouTube that has been posting videos on how to cook Korean food. You gotta check it out.

I made bulgogi this past weekend and it turned out great! :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Maangchi

Magalamb

Post by Magalamb » Aug 10th, '07, 05:03

mykoreankitchen.com is fantastic... I've made some of the stuff from the recipes and it turned out really well. I'm going to make Samsun Jajangmyun next because it looks so yummy!

addi-K

Post by addi-K » Aug 11th, '07, 03:52

You guys just made me hungry :)

ladymenot

Post by ladymenot » Aug 11th, '07, 06:11

i like this topic's title. hah.

i soooooooooo want to tryyyyyy kimchi fried rice like in coffee prince!!!

cherio

Post by cherio » May 5th, '08, 22:04

that is so true.
just about every kdrama that i've watched that has scenes of food in it, i always get the craving for wanting some. It totally sucks cause there is only one small korean store and one small korean resturant where I live. now and then i would go get some bombass kimchi from the store. I really want to try real home made korean food