Hyun Bin

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
fizzlex3mh

Hyun Bin

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 10th, '07, 06:56

A thread for Hyun Bin addicts

I am appalled that there is not a thread for him on this site.

Anyways, so I watched My Name is Kim Sam Soon and didn't think he was that great. Good-looking, yeah, but nothing special.

A couple of months later...

I watch A Millionaire's First Love, k-movie starring him and Lee Yeon Hee. For some reason I became utterly obsessed after that. And then when I looked back, I found Hyun Bin was actually 100x hotter in MNIKSS. He's not yet my favorite actor, as I don't think his acting is amazing or anything, but he is very quickly moving his way up my list.

Guys, sorry about all the fangirl-ing. I can't help it.
Girls, try not to drool...

Here is his ex-girlfriend for those of you who didn't know...
And yes, it is Han Sera from Witch Yoo Hee.

haywon

Post by haywon » Aug 10th, '07, 10:42

To be honest i don't think he's all that great. He's not my favorite actor and he's not hot in my opinion (ignore me i dont have a sense of chemistry wise for men :whistling:), but i'd say he was ok.

A Millionaire's First Love was the worst film i ever saw out of all the korean movies i saw. I didn't understand the plot that much and it was just dull and boring. (sorry for me being all obnoxious and rude and offensive :pale: )

But i think he is a good actor though as his part in MNIKSS as Sam Shik hehe :lol

And btw why did he break up with his ex? :scratch:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 10th, '07, 11:02

:cheers: there was no thread before this about him??? :blink :cheers:
Finally there is one :lol

I like him pretty much as an actor. But like fizzlex3mh said, he's just climbing up on my list of fav. actors ^-^

I think, he definitely needs to get more jobs :lol His acting in Millionaire's first Love was pretty good, better than in Kim Sam-Soon - which wasn't that bad at all. I liked him more there.
He seemed to be more grown up then in Kim Sam-Soon.
Have to watch Snow Queen though...
And of course he isn't ugly at all :lol *btw: thanks for sharing the pics, some of them I didn't know*

And I didn't know about his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend :scratch:

saby

Post by saby » Aug 10th, '07, 11:02

I havent seen him play but he is hot :D

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Aug 11th, '07, 01:27

thanks for the pics. Binnie is one for my favs since i noticed him in Ireland. there was another thread for him: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_25910.htm

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 11th, '07, 03:06

aaadramavr wrote:thanks for the pics. Binnie is one for my favs since i noticed him in Ireland. there was another thread for him: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_25910.htm
DOH! thanks for letting me know about the thread...and a pretty big one at that. i searched through the whole Korean Actors & Actresses forum - I can't believe I missed it. Oh well.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 11th, '07, 15:11

Not your fault really...the index for actors and actresses is incredibly difficult to navigate and the Hyun Bin thread was listed under "is there anyone who like hyun bin" - Anyone could've missed it :)

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Aug 12th, '07, 08:08

kobe23 is correct you could have easily missed it esp if it has not been any posts lately. I had seen it before but had a hard time finding it so i could let you know where it is. there is another one about him being popular in Japan i think. If you haven't seen Ireland you might want to watch it. He was very good there.

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Aug 12th, '07, 14:33

Hi, fizzlex3mh! I first saw him in MNIKSS. Did not liked it at all. Then, my brother, bought a dvd of MIllionaire's First Love and fell for him too. He's not my fave K actor but I still think he's hot. Have you seen the MV Memory? He is in it and he was so cute there and also the making of that MV. He and the actress Lee Da Hae looked so cute together in that MV. :D

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 13th, '07, 02:10

anneramos wrote:Hi, fizzlex3mh! I first saw him in MNIKSS. Did not liked it at all. Then, my brother, bought a dvd of MIllionaire's First Love and fell for him too. He's not my fave K actor but I still think he's hot. Have you seen the MV Memory? He is in it and he was so cute there and also the making of that MV. He and the actress Lee Da Hae looked so cute together in that MV. :D
Yes, I have seen the MV Memory.

Here is a link for those of you who don't know what we're talking about: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kkeNx0rXViY

But I don't quite understand the whole love story. Then again, I don't understand a lot of Korean entertainment. Like A Millionaire's First Love was pretty confusing too. But like I said in my first post, for some reason I really liked Hyun Bin after watching it. Beats me. :scratch:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 13th, '07, 07:01

what was confusing in a Millionair's first love? :scratch:
Watched the Memory MV, too... I didn't thought they would be such a good couple, but Lee Da Haa and Hyun Bin really looked good together... :-)
But I have to say, I think, that Lee Da Hee is a pretty good actress (haven't seen Hello Miss! and I'm probably not going to watch it - except I have a looooooot free time) and has the ability to make everyone look good next to her.
And if you put a good actor next to her.... :w00t: an explosion on screen with so much chemistry...

just for drooling:

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Aug 13th, '07, 07:20

I thought I couldn't have been so remiss in my fangirl duties as to never notice the lack of a Hyun Bin thread here... I saw we all head over to the old thread and give him a few more pages of love... :D I have some pics to post! :wub:

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 13th, '07, 16:57

littledraci wrote:what was confusing in a Millionair's first love? :scratch:
Apparently, in the movie Lee Yeon Hee and Hyun Bin were childhood "lovers" (or close to that), right? I concluded that when they acted out that scene in the play and HB had a flashback of the same scene with him and LYH...so what happened after HB said he would come back in 10 days or something? How did LYH recognize HB right from the beginning while HB had no idea who she was?

Speaking of which, I don't get why she said she was pregnant at the very beginning when they meet. And what was that whole deal with her mom? If I remembered correctly, after her mom found out that LYH was her daughter, they completely dismissed the subject and LYH was still an orphan. I think that's pretty much all that confused me. I'm hopeless with Korean movies. :lol

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Aug 14th, '07, 04:47

fizzlex3mh wrote:
Apparently, in the movie Lee Yeon Hee and Hyun Bin were childhood "lovers" (or close to that), right? I concluded that when they acted out that scene in the play and HB had a flashback of the same scene with him and LYH...so what happened after HB said he would come back in 10 days or something? How did LYH recognize HB right from the beginning while HB had no idea who she was?

Speaking of which, I don't get why she said she was pregnant at the very beginning when they meet. And what was that whole deal with her mom? If I remembered correctly, after her mom found out that LYH was her daughter, they completely dismissed the subject and LYH was still an orphan. I think that's pretty much all that confused me. I'm hopeless with Korean movies. :lol
Hey fizzlex3mh! i made the same mistake when i first browsed thru this forum....b/c i know this hottie is quite popular in this forum since he's mentioned in almost every page of the "which korean actor would u want to date" thread but somehow i could not find a thread dedicated solely to him and was completely shocked..but then i saw that it's b/c the title of the thread isnt "Hyun Bin" like it should be...i really think we should change the title of that thread so that his fans wont keep missing it 'cuz i'm sure it should have more posts on it than that but i guess many ppl overlook it. but anywhoo, i'm totally in love with this guy after watching MNIKSS and Millionaire's First Love...and in response to those questions u had concerning some parts of the movie, let me try to explain:

Hyun Bin and Lee Yeon Hee were childhood lovers b/c Hyun Bin and his family used to live in that little town (the movie took place in), but they moved away and when they did, his parents got into a car accident and passed away. Therefore, that experience was so tramatic and such a painful memory for him that he tried hard to forget it, which means the memory of his childhood sweetheart, Lee Yeon Hee, is also suppressed in his memory. So when Hyun Bin's deceased grandpa wanted him to return to that town, his grandpa had his best friend (who is the principal of the school and also Lee Yeon Hee's foster father) look over Hyun Bin for him. So that's why you see the principal was the first person Hyun Bin saw when he first comes to the town. So i think that's why Lee Yeon Hee knew of Hyun Bin's past from the beginning 'cuz she's also helping her foster father look over him and making sure he learns his lesson. And since she knew, she wrote those words that they said to each other when they were kids in the play, so that Hyun Bin could remember.

And the deal with Lee Yeon Hee's mom is that..in the beginning, Lee Yeon Hee wasnt pregnant or said that she was, it's just that when she went to see her mom...her mom just thought that she's some girl who hooked up with her son and got knocked up by him, and Lee Yeon Hee doesnt say anything at all when she made that accusation so the mom just went on thinking that's who LYH is. So she wasnt pregnant or anything, the mom just didnt know who she was. And when she finally told her mom who she was, the story wasnt dismissed...i think that she told her mom that she was gonna die from her heart illness soon 'cuz u see her crying in that scene and telling her mom that she wants to forgive her mom b/c she can go to heaven so even if the scene was cut off with her crying, u can kinda tell that she probably told her mom what's going to happen and since she knew she was going to die anyways, i think that's why she went on with her normal life instead of going back with her mom b/c that'll just make it more painful for both of them. But as u can see, her mom still came to watch her in the play so u can see that she does want to be a part of Lee Yeon Hee's remaining life.

Hope this helps! Sorry that was such a lengthy explanation..lol, i get carried away 'cuz i really liked this movie for some reason, even if it was typical. I think it's mainly b/c of Hyun Bin. lol

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 14th, '07, 05:08

anhnie wrote:

Hyun Bin and Lee Yeon Hee were childhood lovers b/c Hyun Bin and his family used to live in that little town (the movie took place in), but they moved away and when they did, his parents got into a car accident and passed away. Therefore, that experience was so tramatic and such a painful memory for him that he tried hard to forget it, which means the memory of his childhood sweetheart, Lee Yeon Hee, is also suppressed in his memory. So when Hyun Bin's deceased grandpa wanted him to return to that town, his grandpa had his best friend (who is the principal of the school and also Lee Yeon Hee's foster father) look over Hyun Bin for him. So that's why you see the principal was the first person Hyun Bin saw when he first comes to the town. So i think that's why Lee Yeon Hee knew of Hyun Bin's past from the beginning 'cuz she's also helping her foster father look over him and making sure he learns his lesson. And since she knew, she wrote those words that they said to each other when they were kids in the play, so that Hyun Bin could remember.

And the deal with Lee Yeon Hee's mom is that..in the beginning, Lee Yeon Hee wasnt pregnant or said that she was, it's just that when she went to see her mom...her mom just thought that she's some girl who hooked up with her son and got knocked up by him, and Lee Yeon Hee doesnt say anything at all when she made that accusation so the mom just went on thinking that's who LYH is. So she wasnt pregnant or anything, the mom just didnt know who she was. And when she finally told her mom who she was, the story wasnt dismissed...i think that she told her mom that she was gonna die from her heart illness soon 'cuz u see her crying in that scene and telling her mom that she wants to forgive her mom b/c she can go to heaven so even if the scene was cut off with her crying, u can kinda tell that she probably told her mom what's going to happen and since she knew she was going to die anyways, i think that's why she went on with her normal life instead of going back with her mom b/c that'll just make it more painful for both of them. But as u can see, her mom still came to watch her in the play so u can see that she does want to be a part of Lee Yeon Hee's remaining life.

Hope this helps! Sorry that was such a lengthy explanation..lol, i get carried away 'cuz i really liked this movie for some reason, even if it was typical. I think it's mainly b/c of Hyun Bin. lol
you took my thoughts and wrote them down :lol
the only change: I like the movie because of the both main actors not only Hyun Bin :lol But he sure is a reason to watch it :thumright:

hikaru181262

Post by hikaru181262 » Aug 14th, '07, 06:13

littledaci.................... :blink :blink :blink
[/quote]

Konichiwa!

Hai there :salut: :salut: :salut: littledaci........remember me from Lee Dong Wook's thread. We do share some similiar likes..... Gomenasai for the claim of likeness. If you differ, treat it as I did not say it. Okay? :cheers: :cheers:

Honestly speaking, I am not in the least a fan of his in My Lovely Kim Sam Soon cos' I hated the way he treated Sam Soon..........so much of being an MCP. I have watched My Millionaire First Love but it's just okay to me nothing so spectacular. Typical Korean movie where sometimes someone must die to sort of do justice to the movie. I see a little bit of My Lovely Kim Sam Soon in My Millionaire First Love where he really acts like a spolit boy needing to learn some kind of discipline to shapen him up to the type of man his rich grandfather wants him to be.

But my 'breakthrough' with him is in of course SNOW QUEEN. I really like him in SQ, so untypical of the one you see in his previous drama and movie. I like his scruffy look tho. I really think he has blossomed in Snow Queen. He looks his age plus the fact that I really like his pairing with Sung Yuri, a younger version. I know a lot of ppl like him to act opposite Kim Sun Ah but I would like to see HB stretching his acting capacity!!! :wub: :wub:

I REALLY RECOMMEND SNOW QUEEN AS A MUST WATCH OF HYUN BIN'S!! :thumright: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

littledaci.........Where are the penguins? In Lapland say Bora acted by Sung Yuri and Han Tweon Seong acted by Hyun Bin of SNOW QUEEN! Check it out!

BYE! BYE! Cee Yaah............. :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 14th, '07, 06:35

Hi there hikaru181262 !! :salut: :salut: :salut: :lol
I remember :D but damn... I was absent from Wookie a long time :sweat: :pray:
I'm happy that someone likes the same as me, since my friends don't do it with these topics here...

The penguins are on vacation ^-^ my current addiction is now my ava... probably will change in some time again ^-^

Aahh, everybody recommend Snow Queen... I couldn't get over the first 30 minutes of the first episode... don't know why...he just looks too funny there :scratch: But I promise I'll be going to watch it soon :pray: :lol

Cheers! :alcoholic:

hikaru181262

Post by hikaru181262 » Aug 14th, '07, 07:59

littledraci wrote:Hi there hikaru181262 !! :salut: :salut: :salut: :lol
I remember :D but damn... I was absent from Wookie a long time :sweat: :pray:
I'm happy that someone likes the same as me, since my friends don't do it with these topics here...

The penguins are on vacation ^-^ my current addiction is now my ava... probably will change in some time again ^-^

Aahh, everybody recommend Snow Queen... I couldn't get over the first 30 minutes of the first episode... don't know why...he just looks too funny there :scratch: But I promise I'll be going to watch it soon :pray: :lol

konichiwa!

Eh..........I thot I saw you writing abt. re-watching SORRY I LOVE YOU. It shares the same director as Snow Queen. You see some similiar dusting of the main actor here in SQ acted by HB. But I prefer Snow Queen better than Sorry I love you cos' it's more plausible. The two dramas's key draw for me was the special relationship the sons have with their mothers. It's so real. That's speak a little abt myself...........my mum means a lot even tho I'm presently in another country pursuing my dreams.Gomenasai 4 the off-topic!. Mine would be the daughter-mum kind!

SQ's OST is really good. I bought the expensive CD without even watchg SQ. Cos' somehow I know it's gonna be good. I've to travel to Singapore to be fully convinced of its potential as a good drama worthy of spending my time and of my money. I bought the VCD original and a month later bought a DVD copy of it in my current place of residence. Wow! littledraci............Don't ever give up watching SQ! HB may look strange and weird cos' he is supposed to be a mathematics wizard in a very exclusive high school. DON'T EVER GIVE UP YET! I can really see love developing between him and Sung Yuri as Bora........the hate and love kind!

Enough from me! Have to go! Say Hai to the penguins! I can't really see your avatar.........sorry gomenasai........tell me more abt. it!

BYE! BYE! :salut: :salut: :salut:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 14th, '07, 12:20

:mrgreen: :lol I'm not giving up, hikaru, I just have to convince myself ^-^
And I didn't like Sung Yuri .. but after watching Prince's first love I liked her surprisingly pretty much as an actress.
So a reason more to watch Snow Queen :D And with the same writer from MISA I won't miss it for sure..just don't know, when I'll watch it :scratch:

My current ava is from Coffee Prince - the night scene at the beach :cry: :wub:

Ah, yes: and the penguines said thanks :mrgreen: *if you want I can send them to you*

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 14th, '07, 23:17

anhnie wrote:
fizzlex3mh wrote:

Hey fizzlex3mh! i made the same mistake when i first browsed thru this forum....b/c i know this hottie is quite popular in this forum since he's mentioned in almost every page of the "which korean actor would u want to date" thread but somehow i could not find a thread dedicated solely to him and was completely shocked..but then i saw that it's b/c the title of the thread isnt "Hyun Bin" like it should be...i really think we should change the title of that thread so that his fans wont keep missing it 'cuz i'm sure it should have more posts on it than that but i guess many ppl overlook it. but anywhoo, i'm totally in love with this guy after watching MNIKSS and Millionaire's First Love...and in response to those questions u had concerning some parts of the movie, let me try to explain:

Thanks for the explanation! You've pretty much cleared everything up except for one thing:
I do remember the part where her mom thought LYH was pregnant, but I was referring to the scene where LYH and HB first meet (in the hotel he stays at). She was, I think, waiting for him outside the elevator and approached him saying she was pregnant. That part I didn't get.

LilyPop!

Post by LilyPop! » Aug 14th, '07, 23:31

Hyun bin is like the first korean man i fell in love with
after watching samsoon i said 'momma, i'm gonna marry that man' :D

sucks that i dont speak korean tho.- _- but we could make it work
Last edited by LilyPop! on Aug 16th, '07, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

hikaru181262

Post by hikaru181262 » Aug 15th, '07, 03:32

littledraci wrote::mrgreen: :lol I'm not giving up, hikaru, I just have to convince myself ^-^
And I didn't like Sung Yuri .. but after watching Prince's first love I liked her surprisingly pretty much as an actress.
So a reason more to watch Snow Queen :D And with the same writer from MISA I won't miss it for sure..just don't know, when I'll watch it :scratch:

Ah, yes: and the penguines said thanks :mrgreen: *if you want I can send them to you*
Ohayo!

The reason I'm eagerly responding is because I want the Penguins. I might use the picture when the need arises! Plz onegai but wait a minute I can move a few pages backwards to capture the picture of your posts and save it in my thumb-drive. With your wonderful permission okay?

In fact I like Song Yuri from her days in Prince's First Love. Looks like once 'like' it's kinda of for a long time before another one surfaces as a replacement! Anyway I really like her there tho. I did not really finish the whole drama. It is shot in Bali isn't it? I bought ONE FINE DAY because of her. She is okay there but I only watch the drama off and on. Rarely do I watch a Kdrama full-scale except on a long term break. Then it's like a marathon watch.

I heard a lot abt. COFFEE KING through the posts in Asian Fanatics Net. I'm a coffee fan so it's quite natural for me to pick a K-drama that bespeaks my favourite drink. Is it all about drinks and food? :alcoholic:

I still like Hyun Bin's great looks in SQ somehow it's more appealing. Wonder whether he has ever attempted 'going under the knife' so to speak? South korea is noted for ps these days. Swarms and droves of ppl flock there in search of vanity under the umbrella of ps. Gomenasai very sorry off topic!

Bye! Say hai, love and bye to the penguins. I sure like the March of the Penguins. :thumright: :thumleft:

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Aug 15th, '07, 13:41

Thanks for the explanation! You've pretty much cleared everything up except for one thing:
I do remember the part where her mom thought LYH was pregnant, but I was referring to the scene where LYH and HB first meet (in the hotel he stays at). She was, I think, waiting for him outside the elevator and approached him saying she was pregnant. That part I didn't get.
Hi! fizzlex3mh, With regards to this, it was just LYH's way of being sarcastic. Because HB was telling her not to look for clients in his hotel (HB thought LYH was a prostitute). So LYH told him that she can't possibly be looking for clients due to the fact that she was pregnant (which was what her birth mom thought she was when she showed up at her doorstep).

Love, love, love HB oppa. :wub: Though I did not like him in MNIKSS (no offense to the fans of MNIKSS). I fell in love with him in Millionaire's First Love. :wub: I cried my heart in that movie. :cry: :cry: And now I am watching SQ. He just seems so sad in this series. He is making so much sacrifices to repay the death of his friend which he feels responsible for. Huhuhu!! :cry:

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Aug 15th, '07, 17:29

anneramos wrote:
Hi! fizzlex3mh, With regards to this, it was just LYH's way of being sarcastic. Because HB was telling her not to look for clients in his hotel (HB thought LYH was a prostitute). So LYH told him that she can't possibly be looking for clients due to the fact that she was pregnant (which was what her birth mom thought she was when she showed up at her doorstep).

Love, love, love HB oppa. :wub: Though I did not like him in MNIKSS (no offense to the fans of MNIKSS). I fell in love with him in Millionaire's First Love. :wub: I cried my heart in that movie. :cry: :cry: And now I am watching SQ. He just seems so sad in this series. He is making so much sacrifices to repay the death of his friend which he feels responsible for. Huhuhu!! :cry:
yeah, my thoughts exactly anneramos!..this is exactly what i was gonna say lol..she was being sarcastic since her mom thinks she's pregnant and Binnie thinks she's a prostitute so i think she was amused by the misunderstandings and just went along with it just for the heck of it. I thought Hyun Bin's character was so sweet in this movie, he was a complete jerk at first, but i just loved the little things he did for Lee Yeon Hee when he falls in love with her later, so cute! .. esp. the little folded messages in the bottle. ^__^

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Aug 15th, '07, 17:31

anneramos wrote:

yeah, my thoughts exactly anneramos!..this is exactly what i was gonna say lol..she was being sarcastic since her mom thinks she's pregnant and Binnie thinks she's a prostitute so i think she was amused by the misunderstandings and just went along with it just for the heck of it. I thought Hyun Bin's character was so sweet in this movie, he was a complete jerk at first, but i just loved the little things he did for Lee Yeon Hee when he falls in love with her later, so cute! .. esp. the little folded messages in the bottle, that was so adorable! ^__^

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 16th, '07, 05:33

...the bottle with these messages :wub: :cry: made me wanna cry, when I saw this scene............okay, I cried :roll .......
and the scenes from the hospital where he wrote some of the messages...and how he said to her don't overdose it :lol :cry: :wub:
I want such a bottle too :hissy: *and his serious face looking at me :wub: *
Last edited by littledraci on Aug 17th, '07, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Aug 16th, '07, 17:18

Just finished Snow Queen. I cried like a baby. :cry: Huhuhu! :cry: Definitely, if you like HB oppa you have to watch Snow Queen. He really improved in his acting here. :D You know what, I think HB's female partners in every genre (MV, movie, series) have died in one way or another. :whistling: Hehehehe!! In Millionaire's First Love (movie) LYH died of heart disease, in Snow Queen SY (series) died of cancer, and in Memory (MV) LDH died from an accident. hehehe! Sorry just an observation. :whistling: :lol

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 17th, '07, 05:11

AAhh, spoiler anneramos :O haven't finished Snow Queen til now :unsure:...

But in Kim Sam-Soon his partner wasn't dying at all :mrgreen:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 17th, '07, 05:22

hikaru181262 wrote:
littledraci wrote::mrgreen: :lol I'm not giving up, hikaru, I just have to convince myself ^-^

Ohayo!

The reason I'm eagerly responding is because I want the Penguins. I might use the picture when the need arises! Plz onegai but wait a minute I can move a few pages backwards to capture the picture of your posts and save it in my thumb-drive. With your wonderful permission okay?

In fact I like Song Yuri from her days in Prince's First Love. Looks like once 'like' it's kinda of for a long time before another one surfaces as a replacement! Anyway I really like her there tho. I did not really finish the whole drama. It is shot in Bali isn't it? I bought ONE FINE DAY because of her. She is okay there but I only watch the drama off and on. Rarely do I watch a Kdrama full-scale except on a long term break. Then it's like a marathon watch.

I heard a lot abt. COFFEE KING through the posts in Asian Fanatics Net. I'm a coffee fan so it's quite natural for me to pick a K-drama that bespeaks my favourite drink. Is it all about drinks and food? :alcoholic:

I still like Hyun Bin's great looks in SQ somehow it's more appealing. Wonder whether he has ever attempted 'going under the knife' so to speak? South korea is noted for ps these days. Swarms and droves of ppl flock there in search of vanity under the umbrella of ps. Gomenasai very sorry off topic!

Bye! Say hai, love and bye to the penguins. I sure like the March of the Penguins. :thumright: :thumleft:
Aaahhh... gomen, hikaru181262 for the late response :notworthy:
first: did you get the penguins already? if not:
second: in Coffee Prince is food and drinking not the main theme. It plays in a coffee shop, where the main characters work and the live goes on^-^

back to topic: I don't think, he attempts doing surgery :scratch: well, at least I don't found a reason for him :lol

After finishing Thank You I'm gonna start with Snow Queen :cheers:

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Aug 17th, '07, 08:14

littledraci wrote:AAhh, spoiler anneramos :O haven't finished Snow Queen til now :unsure:...

So sorry littledraci! It was not my intention to ruin it for you. I know that in MNIKSS Sun Ah did not die. I was just observing. Sooooooo Sorrrryyyy!! :-(

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 17th, '07, 09:06

anneramos wrote:
littledraci wrote:AAhh, spoiler anneramos :O haven't finished Snow Queen til now :unsure:...

So sorry littledraci! It was not my intention to ruin it for you. I know that in MNIKSS Sun Ah did not die. I was just observing. Sooooooo Sorrrryyyy!! :-(
Well, :scratchchin: okay, forgiven .... I'll try to forget.. ahh, whatever, I'm not gonna watch it right no though I'll probably forget it for sure til then. :scratch: :mrgreen: .. SQ has a sad tune so someone has to die for sure... I could have guess it :D

but yeah, in most of his works the girls are dying....

hikaru181262

Post by hikaru181262 » Aug 18th, '07, 06:06

KONICHIWA!

Domo littledraci for the gif of the penguins. It reminds me of Happy Feet!I I know I'm gonna need it someday. Thanks.

I saw Hyun Bin's very early pictures. So I was just asking to clear my doubts. I don't think he ever attempts it as well. Some of my K-frens have sharp features too. I really like Hyun Bin's dimple. One only right? On the right side of his kao (face)? I watched SQ yesterday. I really like certain episodes. In some episodes, he does look like other K-stars like Jang Dong Gun and Lee Dong Wook, say my auntie. Lee Dong Wook is still my No. 1 tho.........No offence onegai please!

Talking abt HB's movie and drama where someone has to die either by sheer sickness or accident, he has 2 in his name isn't it? Snow Queen and A Millionaire First Love right? The former, SQ's director maybe has this penchant for kiling off his main character like he did for Sorry, I love you. SQ struck me more than My Millionaire First Love cos' I'm like a few here who really cannot really understand the storyline at some points esp. with the dying girl Maybe I should re-watch to get to the gist of it.

My Lovely KSS has a different genre..........his character canot be killed off and neither can Kim Suh Ah! It is gonna be a great disaster if the director ever fathoms of doing so. A real comdey mingles with very sad endings like SQ and Millionaire First Love.........it's a no-no for me! Odd and unholy combination! Sorry Gomenasai...........

Bye! I'm even buying the body cream and shower HB is endorsing. They are really good products. Smell good after using it!

BYE! littledraci........I like Satoshi Tsumabuki in your wallie. I watched his latest movie called 'Dororo'. Hideaki Takizawa is still my NO. 1! Here a picure for you.........Gomenasai for the off-topic.................SORRY, BOW! :wub: :wub: :wub:
Shot at 2007-08-17
credit to AF.net

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 19th, '07, 01:50

anneramos and hikaru, I would suggest using spoiler tags
like this
or changing the color of your font (like this)

when talking about the endings of Kdramas, or anything that could spoil a Kdrama experience for someone else. Some might be pretty mad if they were in the midst of watching Snow Queen, I'm Sorry I Love You, or Millionaire's First Love. Thanks. :-)

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Aug 19th, '07, 06:53

fizzlex3mh wrote:anneramos and hikaru, I would suggest using spoiler tags
like this
or changing the color of your font (like this)

when talking about the endings of Kdramas, or anything that could spoil a Kdrama experience for someone else. Some might be pretty mad if they were in the midst of watching Snow Queen, I'm Sorry I Love You, or Millionaire's First Love. Thanks. :-)
OK! Thanks. :-) It's just that I'm not really computer savvy. hehehe! I'll be more careful next time. :-)

magicity

Post by magicity » Aug 22nd, '07, 04:49

whooaaaaa
Han Sera from Wich Yoo Hee is his ex?
ha!
that so surprising!
but shes alright.
wow, that serious is a shocking.

I think Hyun Bin is great at acting,
not close to the top of my list but its possible because of his appearance.
hes has such great face withthat gorgeous dimplessss.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 22nd, '07, 21:53

More pics

foxyapple7

Post by foxyapple7 » Sep 6th, '07, 07:21

fizzlex3mh, thanks for creating this thread and uploading the pics of HB. I wont repeat what the others had said that there wasnt a thread under him... but i am really glad that its here finally. better late than never.

Anyways, I like him very much in MNIKSS but a bit MCP though, cos its all in the script, hence, after watching MNIKSS, ran out to buy Millionaire's First Love! Nice movie but predictable...girl dies... sob, sob... now watching Snow Queen... i knw girl dies... but looking to see how the plot goes...

Once again, many thanks to fizzlex3mh and all who had contributed here... please continue to do so...

dethos

Post by dethos » Sep 6th, '07, 07:46

he's a pretty good actor i like him in snow queen , i can wait his next drama or movie , any news about him???

LilyPop!

Post by LilyPop! » Sep 7th, '07, 23:20

I donrt think he has any dramas or movies lined up at the mo. recently i've just been seeing him do CMs.
i am absolutely in love with this from his kimchifridge cm

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Sep 7th, '07, 23:25

ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

one of my favorite Korean actors ever!!!! Hyun Bin!!

I don't check the Korean Entertainment section as often as I should! I swore there was a Hyun Bin thread a while back.....but I guess I'm wrong.

hmms....what can I way about this yummilicious and bodacious hottie with the most gorgeous dimples ever?

wells......aside from the fact that he's gorgeous and talented, his hair looks good styled or unstyled! :wub:

JlovesVan

hyun bin...

Post by JlovesVan » Oct 18th, '07, 04:10

I feel behind..I just recently watched MLKSS for the first time and now I don't know what took me so long. I had never seen Hyun Bin before but now I can't get enough of him. He is so beautiful he makes me dizzy :wub: thanks to everyone for all the pics they posted, he is beautiful!!!

JlovesVan

hyun bin...

Post by JlovesVan » Oct 18th, '07, 04:10

I feel behind..I just recently watched MLKSS for the first time and now I don't know what took me so long. I had never seen Hyun Bin before but now I can't get enough of him. He is so beautiful he makes me dizzy :wub: thanks to everyone for all the pics they posted, he is beautiful!!!

bent

Post by bent » Nov 6th, '07, 16:41

i think he looks better with short hair ala in MLSS

babypudding

Post by babypudding » Dec 7th, '07, 09:17

Anyone know what's Hyun Bin up to? Does he have any new dramas coming up? I miss him :(

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Dec 8th, '07, 03:53

Hi everyone. :-) For those who need a Binnie fix and haven't seen Ireland I strongly recommend it. It may have been his first major role in a drama and it was before MNIKSS. That was where I first saw him and was really drawn into the show because of him. The story is quite different than most K-dramas I have seen. The subbing was done by one person and some of the "non essential" dialog is not translated but you can certainly follow the story very well. Binnie was captivating. It is here on D-Addicts as a batch.

namilussah

Post by namilussah » Dec 12th, '07, 12:59

aaadramavr wrote:Hi everyone. :-) For those who need a Binnie fix and haven't seen Ireland I strongly recommend it. It may have been his first major role in a drama and it was before MNIKSS. That was where I first saw him and was really drawn into the show because of him. The story is quite different than most K-dramas I have seen. The subbing was done by one person and some of the "non essential" dialog is not translated but you can certainly follow the story very well. Binnie was captivating. It is here on D-Addicts as a batch.
thanx for the recommendation :-) , i've been looking for a nice drama to watch these days but with no luck.. miss hyun bin.. hope he turns back again to dramas coz seeing him in CFs only is definitely not enough :D

xxSw33tDr3am3rxx

Post by xxSw33tDr3am3rxx » Dec 25th, '07, 04:44

He is so hot!! he is really really cute!! I love him.. hhaha.. he is one of my favorite actor now... I love him in My name is Kim Sam Soon and Millionaier first love..

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 26th, '08, 12:16

There's some news over at asianfanatics and KST that Hyun Bin's next project will be Ring of Hell with Eric Mun and also Han Hye Jin. It will air on KBS following Hong Gil Dong and is apparently based on the 1987 movie with the same name.

Image Image Image

Can anyone confirm this? That's a lot of eye candy there for me.....err, I mean for the girls :D

Noi

Post by Noi » Feb 7th, '08, 22:01

Guh... finally some news on Hyun Bin... I thought he was off in the army at first, cause it had been a while since I last heard of him... :whistling:

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 8th, '08, 01:25

Yeah, there were rumors that the next project would have Hyun Bin with Han Hye Jin. Ring of Hell sounds like a melodrama, or maybe Hyun Bin becomes a MMA in K1. Hyun Bin and Eric Mun beating each other up for Han Hye Jin? That's hot.

Probably should be noted that, if Ring follows Hong Gil Dong, then it's also going against Lee Jung Ki's Illjmae and the first SBS supershow of the year, On Air (which besides starring A-listers Lee Bum Soo and Kim Ha Neul, is going to have loads and loads of star cameos like Lee Hyori, Cannes winner Jun De Yong, and Kim Jung Eun.) Seriously, this spring is going to be a ratings war!

saby

Post by saby » Feb 10th, '08, 10:51

i have a question

when was HYUN BORN ? everywhere it says 1982 but I just found a video HYUNs 26th bday with fans from 2007... if he was born in 1982 then he is 25 now and turning 26 this SEPTEMBER :/

eilla

Post by eilla » Feb 10th, '08, 16:08

Eric and Hyun Bin together? That's so hoooooot! I hope it's true!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 11th, '08, 13:40

I'm beginning to think it's unfounded rumors, probably initiated by fangirls wanting to see Hyun Bin and Eric together :P I haven't seen any other news regarding this drama anywhere at all, even the Korean sites, and with Hong Gil Dong near completion (sort of), there really isn't much time left.

Dior^aDDicT

Post by Dior^aDDicT » Feb 21st, '08, 15:23

i love Hyun Bin. whenever he smiles,i fell in love again and again to him. plus his cute dimples. and boyish look.
korean actors sure do make girls cry!! they are too cute! :w00t:

saby

Post by saby » Feb 25th, '08, 12:56

i miss hearing news about him... *sad*

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Feb 28th, '08, 11:22

saby wrote:i have a question

when was HYUN BORN ? everywhere it says 1982 but I just found a video HYUNs 26th bday with fans from 2007... if he was born in 1982 then he is 25 now and turning 26 this SEPTEMBER :/
It's their Korean age. :)

in Korea they are 1 year older...so when Hyun Bin was born in 1982, he was already 1 yr. old.. :)

I'm currently watching Snow Queen, a heavy & sad drama, he has a good pair-up with Sung Yu-ri...:)

saby

Post by saby » Feb 28th, '08, 18:36

cute_angel thnx for the explanation.. i was really starting to doubt in my mathematics skills haha

btw hyun bin hasnt been in army yet, has he ? if only he could avoid it......

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Mar 2nd, '08, 22:34

kobe23 wrote:There's some news over at asianfanatics and KST that Hyun Bin's next project will be Ring of Hell with Eric Mun and also Han Hye Jin. It will air on KBS following Hong Gil Dong and is apparently based on the 1987 movie with the same name.

Image Image Image

Can anyone confirm this? That's a lot of eye candy there for me.....err, I mean for the girls :D
Is this true?? Oh PLEeeeeas don't play with my heart it is really fragile!! has this drama really bean confirmed??? I'm dying to see Hyun Bin and Han hye Jin in a drama again and them two together OMG :crazy: my heart will not take it if it is a false rumour created by crazy fans!! :cussing: please people don't play with my heart!!

saby

Post by saby » Mar 3rd, '08, 14:27

I havent heard anything about it ... i hope its true but Ive read somewhere that he is resting now.. still deciding in which drama to play..

xlucy123

Post by xlucy123 » Mar 5th, '08, 00:59

in other country when you are born, you are one year old, because your mother had you for about 10 month ~~~ ( almost a year)
from what i know of, only when you born in America, we don't count the infant time when they were in their mother woom. I'm i making any sense??

saby

Post by saby » Mar 5th, '08, 12:30

xlucy123 wrote:

in other country when you are born, you are one year old, because your mother had you for about 10 month ~~~ ( almost a year)
from what i know of, only when you born in America, we don't count the infant time when they were in their mother woom. I'm i making any sense??
yea it does.. but in Europe we dont count the infant time either.. its probably just Asia :D

ctfazra

Post by ctfazra » Jun 24th, '08, 15:15

is binnie dating anyone right now? i'm jz curious :-)

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 11th, '08, 00:17

More great news for Hyun Bin fans!

Soon to be filming the upcoming The World They Live In with Song Hye Kyo, HB's just been cast in the drama version of the 2001 film, Friend as the main character (originally played by Jang Dong Gun). It's called Friend, the Unfinished Tale and is supposed to air beginning of 2009. Kim Min Joon will be playing Yoo Oh Sung's character.

I'm wondering if I should watch the movie before I see the drama....

More info about the original film here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/04/frien ... treatment/

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 4th, '08, 09:03

I'm wondering if I should watch the movie before I see the drama....
That's unfortunately the pivotal role that elevated Jang Dong Gun into Serious Actor. That role is to other Korean men what Johnny Depp in Pirates, or Heath Ledger (RIP) in The Dark Knight will be to English speaking blokes, the moment of leverage where an idol, loved by black-rimmed cineastes and women 8 to 80, is wholeheartedly accepted back into the Hooligan Fraternity forever. And ever. Every Korean dude (even Binnie probably) does some impression of bad ass Joon-seok. He has to convince everybody to his version is better than theirs. Not enviable.

New Yoo Hee Yeol, featuring Binnie, Shin Min Ah, and Ryu Seung Beom.

Binnie seems to sport two different styles, one much like his Sam Shik days. I'd love to see he and Min Ah do a proper drama together.

wail

Post by wail » Nov 14th, '08, 03:08

Life is good as a binnie fangirl these days!! How come there's not much love for the yummy PD Jung?!!?!?!?!

I think binnie boy is doing a fine job in WW (of course is a great and a bit 'avant garde' a drama in kdrama world), enough good acting to shut the forever present critics up just coz he's just too fine...and balanced with just enough yumminess (and a bit of chubby nakedness) to make the fangirls happy yet still in character.
we desperately need a pic spam!!

and it's been 2 years since SQ:

gosh it still give me chills remembering his 'omma!!'s....

aility

Post by aility » Jul 13th, '10, 11:00

Hyunbin's latest project is to my knowledge the movie "Late Autumn" (2010) with Tang Wei.

Late Autumn is a Korean-American co-production and a remake of the 1966 classic. It tells the acquaintance of a woman granted a special leave from prison for her good conduct with a young man who is on the run from pursuers for counterfeiting money, and their 3-day love story that unfolds in Seattle. Both stars will be acting in English.

I wonder how his English is...

A shot from the movie ^^ Looking good as always
:wub:
Last edited by aility on Jul 13th, '10, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 11:10

His latest drama was Friend, Our Legend, aired last year.

On this pic, he's so dammit handsome... :wub: :whistling:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 7th, '11, 19:51

Here are some photos...He sure does what he wants with he s hair omo omo
:wub: :wub: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 19:56

I want chubby dimpled Binnie back! NAO!! Feed him, Army of Korea!

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jan 7th, '11, 19:57

He cute and hot as the same time ...I can't wait till I start watching Secret Garden :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 20:06

You... you.. haven't??
You and your bad habit of waiting for the whole, love...tsk tsk...

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jan 7th, '11, 20:10

what can I do I'll go crazy if I wait week for another ep :P

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 7th, '11, 20:33

Ethlenn wrote:I want chubby dimpled Binnie back! NAO!! Feed him, Army of Korea!
.... :blink :scratch:
The Chaos wrote: what can I do I'll go crazy if I wait week for another ep

Yeah totally agree , I still can't watch ep15 unlucky me ..I just realised that watching a drama while airing isnt a good idea...Im not that patient person so it s the first and the last time

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jan 7th, '11, 20:45

Sham26 wrote: Yeah totally agree , I still can't watch ep15 unlucky me ..I just realised that watching a drama while airing isnt a good idea...Im not that patient person so it s the first and the last time
trust me ..it feel great later with all sub and eps and no waiting :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 7th, '11, 21:24

Ethlenn wrote:I want chubby dimpled Binnie back! NAO!! Feed him, Army of Korea!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I so much prefer the-old-shape-of-his-face :pale: