[Discussion] Hotaru no Hikari (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
akinoame27

Post by akinoame27 » Sep 9th, '07, 10:18

alfredo wrote:where can one get the manga for this series? thanks.
me too. I know that is in japanese but also, where can we get it?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 9th, '07, 10:24

i dont know that anyone has translated it yet

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Sep 9th, '07, 15:57

If I could find like 3 or 4 other people to work with me on it, I'd be willing to translate the manga. I just don't have the time to do it myself... :salut:

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 9th, '07, 17:43

akinoame27 wrote:
It was uploaded here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_52605.htm

:-)

BTW, someone translated Aiko's "Yokogao"...

A very very tiny wound was sleeping
inside my heart and before I knew
What came flooding from that crack
was your name, your tenderly strong eyes, your fingers
Your hair, making me notice it all

since when had I wished to touch you
After meeting you, after talking to you

Because my awakened feelings wouldn't stop, even if I stumbled
My chest went flying along and I fell in love with your profile
I'm in so much pain
I love you so much

That day I happened to ride with you in the passenger seat
I felt that seat specially hot
As your right shoulder tickled me

It's certainly for not meeting you
That I feel tired of my every day

Even if I feel heartbroken, I should also find ways to shine
Every time the phone rings, your profile comes to my mind
For that, of course I'm in a bit of pain
I will always love you

In the road we walked after the rain,
I was a little happy that the sound of our steps were different from usual

Because my awakened feelings wouldn't stop, even if I stumbled
My chest went flying along and I fell in love with your profile
I'm in so much pain
I love you so much

http://community.livejournal.com/jslyrics/

I was checking the official site's BBS, and it's so awesome and funny that all those quiet Hotaru/Takano supporters magically appeared right after episode 9 xD I swear, i've read so many messages of people going all "BUCHOOOOOU!!!!!!!111" and hoping that they'll get their happy ending together.

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Sep 10th, '07, 19:36

firstly, i have to confess....i am makoto x hotaru supporter...

i know if according to manga, buchou n hotaru supposed to end up together...

but...come on...makoto x hotaru is just toooooooooo sweeeeeeet together....don't u think? :P when i think about all those cute scenes when they're together, i juz can't stop smiling :wub:

besides, buchou just had a divorce...like...a couple of days ago (according to dorama). so for him to like someone else already...when he just divorced...is just not right ne~

anyway...no offence to buchou x hotaru supporter :-)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 11th, '07, 10:58

fyxyse_chan wrote:firstly, i have to confess....i am makoto x hotaru supporter...

i know if according to manga, buchou n hotaru supposed to end up together...

but...come on...makoto x hotaru is just toooooooooo sweeeeeeet together....don't u think? :P when i think about all those cute scenes when they're together, i juz can't stop smiling :wub:

besides, buchou just had a divorce...like...a couple of days ago (according to dorama). so for him to like someone else already...when he just divorced...is just not right ne~

anyway...no offence to buchou x hotaru supporter :-)
But hes been with Hotaru scince longish before the divorce so the feelings come on gradually from that its not like it only started after the divorce just that hes only starting to realise it now

akinoame27

Post by akinoame27 » Sep 11th, '07, 11:11

Noi wrote:
akinoame27 wrote:
It was uploaded here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_52605.htm

:-)
:cheers: THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!! you made my day ~~~~ :cheers: :cheers:

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Sep 11th, '07, 11:22

Yorokobi wrote:But hes been with Hotaru scince longish before the divorce so the feelings come on gradually from that its not like it only started after the divorce just that hes only starting to realise it now
then...that's even worse...don't u think? for him to like somebody else when he's still somebody else's HUSBAND...he just should not...however he can't help it... :-(

anyway...it's obvious that we're from opposite side...however...dun get me wrong ok...i'm not picking a fight with u...jus telling my opinion... :-)

whoever hotaru end up with, i hope d ending is good.just 1 more episode to go ne~

i hope after this kazuki will get lots n lots of offers to act in dorama. just can't get enough of him...tooooooo hot !!!!!! :heart:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 11th, '07, 11:25

fyxyse_chan wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:But hes been with Hotaru scince longish before the divorce so the feelings come on gradually from that its not like it only started after the divorce just that hes only starting to realise it now
then...that's even worse...don't u think? for him to like somebody else when he's still somebody else's HUSBAND...he just should not...however he can't help it... :-(

anyway...it's obvious that we're from opposite side...however...dun get me wrong ok...i'm not picking a fight with u...jus telling my opinion... :-)

whoever hotaru end up with, i hope d ending is good.just 1 more episode to go ne~

i hope after this kazuki will get lots n lots of offers to act in dorama. just can't get enough of him...tooooooo hot !!!!!! :heart:
haha i know you arn't picking a fight (neither am I)

but just to add i dont think its that bad because even though they were still married they weren't together anymore and his wife had a new person in her life they just simply hadnt sorted out the legalities

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 11th, '07, 16:11

fyxyse_chan wrote:

LOLZ, actually, his wife dumped him for another man... with whom she's actually living with. So I don't think she really gives a crap anymore xD She was actually kind of relieved to see that Takano had "found" someone else too.
Oh, and also... he already sent the divorce papers... which he already signed, so that means he's pretty much single :mrgreen:

Either way, even if he were married, falling in love is not a crime, specially when your spouse dumped you. :lol

Anyway, I think the problem is another one. Let's suppose that Buchou really has fallen for Hotaru... but what about her? Does she have any feelings for him? If she does, has she realized it? Does she love Makoto for real, or is she just infatuated?
It's kinda funny, because we usually think that Buchou is the one who'd never think about her that way, but in reality, it is her who never thought about him romantically.

So, yeah... someone bitchslap this woman so she'll realize who rocks harder XD

Oooh... and who could that be, I wonder...? :whistling:

OMG, I KNEW IT. XD

Yokogao was totally written for him, anyway XD

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Sep 11th, '07, 23:07

at first, i was a makoto-hotaru supporter, but now i'm totally a buchou-hotaru convert! they're so suited for each other.
but whoever she ends up with tomorrow, i hope the drama justifies it. and no open endings, please.

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Sep 12th, '07, 13:01

by d way...i'm jus wondering...wat is dis "yokogao" anyway? i really have no idea...is it part of d story?

plz excuse my ignorance... :sorry:

p/s yorokobi, wat is dat little creature dat u put beside d cute toma n oguri? is dat uwarukuwamba dat appear in stand up? :unsure:

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Sep 12th, '07, 14:04

fyxyse_chan wrote:by d way...i'm jus wondering...wat is dis "yokogao" anyway? i really have no idea...is it part of d story?
Oh, it's just the name of the theme song by aiko that's at the end of every episode. Btw, I thought that more solemn version at the end of ep9 was great. It really accompanied the drama's mood by that point.

Now waiting for the conclusion...

akinoame27

Post by akinoame27 » Sep 12th, '07, 14:13

lzydata wrote:
fyxyse_chan wrote:by d way...i'm jus wondering...wat is dis "yokogao" anyway? i really have no idea...is it part of d story?
Oh, it's just the name of the theme song by aiko that's at the end of every episode. Btw, I thought that more solemn version at the end of ep9 was great. It really accompanied the drama's mood by that point.

Now waiting for the conclusion...

THAT version was really beautiful!! I just wanted to ask (a moment ago and then found this text before mine :lol ) if its possible to download that ballad version somewhere. I want it so badly...... :cry:
I hope it was released as a single...? :unsure:

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Sep 12th, '07, 14:37

lzydata wrote:Oh, it's just the name of the theme song by aiko that's at the end of every episode
souka...arigato ne~ Izydata :-)

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 12th, '07, 19:05

I was reading the official site's BBS, and...
I think we might've just gotten our happy ending after all :mrgreen: I'm not entirely sure, however (they keep on talking about a confession, Hotaru going back to Takano's place... they also think that they should've kissed...), so if anyone has seen the episode already, or can correctly read the BBS, then, OMG PLZ TELL ME, kthx.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 13th, '07, 00:03

i think it was a good last episode!
Makoto was just kindof pathetic to me through this whole series and especially in this last episode. But at least he did the right thing in the end. Hotaru was trying really hard to make living with him fun. That bit in the trailer where shes putting groceries in buchous basket is because she forgot her wallet and needed to buy stuff and he happened to come to the convenience store she was at. However Makoto got upset when he heard this and said it would have been better if shed lied so next time when buchou helped her with something she said yuuka did it but that lie came undone really fast and Makoto then got annoyed at her for lying but she said you told me to. Then she deleted buchous number from her phone!!
Some of the best scenes in this episode was the scenes where Hotaru and Buchou were in the elevator together (happened a few times) and the interaction between the two was great!
In the end Makoto told Hotaru that they should end it. The stupid jerk told her in a note! So when she confronted him he said that she couldnt relax and be herself around him. So she said stuff about working hard to make it fun. But he said with buchou you didnt have to work hard did you? it was just naturally fun. He brings up the idea that she likes buchou which she disagrees with and he says that she just hasnt noticed it yet.
During this time by the way buchou made hotaru chief of the cinema library project. Hotaru finally sorts her self out and after the day of showing big names? around the cinema library place to advertise it she talks to Makoto and tells him that what was said in the previous episode about the fact that they never would have started if buchou wasnt there and that buchou was always by her side was right and now shed decided they one she needed was herself and after that she lived by herself for a while.
Then one day buchou gets home to find Hotaru there and she says shes moving back in. All the time she was living with makoto and by herself she wanted to see buchou. she wanted to she buchou but she didnt know why.
So buchou says i know why its because you like me (hotaru looks a little shocked but says nothing) and then buchou says my too. The both look at each other and but their heads to the side and say i wonder why. its a very cute moment. Then buchou gets her a beer and makes her sit down in
her place on the step to drink it and after takes that first gulp instead of saying as i thought at home is best she says as i thought buchou is best. His smile when she says that it great. then they get into another of their classic arguments and she grabs the newspaper to sleep under again. Just like old times. Its a good ending i feel!
Hope that satisfies the curious ones.

Khai77

Post by Khai77 » Sep 13th, '07, 00:26

Thank Yorokobi,
I wanting for whole night for the spoiler....

I feel that a good ending too...

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Sep 13th, '07, 00:46

thanks for the spoilers! can't wait for my download to finish...

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 13th, '07, 01:54

OMFG Yorokobi, kthx you so much!!!!!!! :cheers:

My internet sucks today, god dammit... I guess I'll watch the episode tomorrow and bring you all some screencaps :lol

zenkzenk

Post by zenkzenk » Sep 13th, '07, 03:31

Thanks, Yokorobi. Your spoilers made my day.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 13th, '07, 03:52

i was just reading a tv magazine and a survey was done of various things to do with the summer dramas and hotaru no hikari came out number 2 and hotaru got number 2 girl lost out to maki from hana kimi

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 13th, '07, 04:17

Does anyone think we might be getting an SP sometime?

...should we sacrifice small animals or something? XD

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Sep 13th, '07, 04:30

Noi wrote:Does anyone think we might be getting an SP sometime?
I hope so! But--even though the show got some of the highest ratings for the season (ha, like anything could beat HanaKimi), they haven't been great. So...I don't know. Maybe it depends on what happens in the manga (and after THIS ending, I'm not sure how much more patience I'll have until it happens).

nguyen

Post by nguyen » Sep 13th, '07, 04:51

NOT even one kiss...well i like the ending but why didn t hotaru and buchou didn't kiss..dsapointed :p

well hope they ll make a special to really finish this drama properly...well at least finish it with a big hug or a kiss...hihihihi...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 13th, '07, 07:16

I watched up to episode 4 and jumped to last episode. I was kind of hoping she would end up with Makoto cuz ending up with buchou seems so typical in dramas where 2 people live together and end up falling for each other. Though I thought the actor for Makoto was a bit stoic.
I was shocked when he told her to lie and...to break up up with her. He seemed mighty jealous and untrusting... He seems nicer to date than to live with
Still, I would have preferred an ending that wasn't so predictable ^^ After all, she liked Makoto...and Makoto likes her... oh well.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 13th, '07, 14:01

nguyen wrote:NOT even one kiss...well i like the ending but why didn t hotaru and buchou didn't kiss..dsapointed :p

well hope they ll make a special to really finish this drama properly...well at least finish it with a big hug or a kiss...hihihihi...
Im actually glad they didnt kiss i dont think it would have suited it at all. I was pleased with they way they did it!

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Sep 13th, '07, 14:16

seirin wrote:After all, she liked Makoto...and Makoto likes her... oh well.
Yeah, but the point was that Makoto liked her not knowing who she really was. Even he saw that, and told her, in the end. Hotaru could only let herself be herself around Buchou.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Sep 13th, '07, 14:47

i love hotaru and buchou..i agree a kiss wouldn't have fit in but wouldn't it been better if
hotaru hugs buchou with her watery eyes when he said he likes her too? :wub:
the same kinda hug buchou gave her when he found her in the locked garage early? :w00t:
the ending was cute and i'm all in for a SP!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 13th, '07, 15:02

PopGilligan wrote:
seirin wrote:After all, she liked Makoto...and Makoto likes her... oh well.
Yeah, but the point was that Makoto liked her not knowing who she really was. Even he saw that, and told her, in the end. Hotaru could only let herself be herself around Buchou.
yup, I didn't watch the whole drama but I read spoilers for ep 6. I think just the way the wrote the story that the guy doesn't know her well and stuff but buchou does cuz he lives with her. Well, like I said seems kinda typical love story that 2 people live together and end up falling in love. The story isn't so original. Kinda reminds me of Itsumo futari de.

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Sep 13th, '07, 16:56

Reading everyone's comments gives me a real sense of deja vu, because just last season many people were also upset at Proposal Daisakusen's unambiguous but low-key ending. Maybe low-key endings are now the fashion, but if they are appropriate to the characters and are well done, I'm not complaining.
Buchou lets down his mask long enough to admit that the two of them have ended up liking/loving each other, and the moment where both of them together go "doushite ka na?" (why is that, how did that happen) was really cute.

He was also wearing this huge grin as he welcomed Hotaru back on the porch. "You're over there, I'm over here. That's where you sit; that's where you belong."

I remember in ep9 there was a part where they flirted in a more obvious way. The two of them were sitting at the porch and Hotaru was saying, "I should have kissed you back then" [ep6] and Buchou replied "Yeah." The very last conversation now makes it clear as crystal that Buchou says annoying things only so he can irritate Hotaru and make her go "haaa?!" (which I translate as "what?!" below) Kind of childish, but then, we're talking about Buchou and Hotaru, right? I cannot resist quoting it here, so please allow me one last long translation:
B: Looks like we have to draw up some new rules for living together. One, no locking people in the bathroom by themselves.
H: One, don't be too picky about body fat percentages! [I'm not sure if I'm translating this correctly: 「一つ、体脂肪率は、ほどほどに!」]
B: One, divide the table space equally.
H: One, divide pensions equally too!
B: You plan to live here even in old age?!
H: One, be happy to nurse the other person even after he/she becomes bedridden!
B: One, you will move out when I find a new woman.
H: ...What?
B: Come to think of it, I'm not about to ruin my life here.
H: WHAT?
B: When I fall in love with someone, it's your turn to give me support.
H: WHAT?!
B: Unlike you, I still have a beautiful future waiting for me ahead.
H: WHAT?!?!
B: But, unlike me, you will probably never fall in love again. You won't be able to find any man to love other than me. Even when you die. Even when you're brought back to life. Even when you're reborn, you will love me!
Hotaru takes up an old newspaper to use as a blanket and lies down to sleep.
B: Hey, listen to me! Don't sleep! Wake up!
... If you don't wake up, I'm going to kiss you!
Hotaru springs up in surprise, but then lies down again, pressing her eyes shut like she's waiting for it...
B: Hey, wake up! Listen to what I'm saying!
... Ahomiya!
Hotaru sees something in the newspaper.
H: Hey, Yamaguchi Momoe's retiring!
B: How old is that newspaper?!
Yes, that's Buchou's twisted way of declaring his love: "even when you're reborn, you will love [only] me!"

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 13th, '07, 18:36

Wow, thanks again, Izydata! I was actually wondering what that conversation was all about :lol
After Makoto breaks up with Hotaru and Hotaru and Buchou talk in the office, what does Buchou say to Hotaru that surprises her so much? Was this what finally made her realize that she did have feelings for him after all? Why was she screaming at him?

...is that why she ran out as if she was about to get murdered or something? Did Buchou notice something as well?
Aaah... so many questions... I hope we get our subs sometime soon...

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Sep 13th, '07, 22:00

After Makoto breaks up with Hotaru and Hotaru and Buchou talk in the office, what does Buchou say to Hotaru that surprises her so much? Was this what finally made her realize that she did have feelings for him after all? Why was she screaming at him?

...is that why she ran out as if she was about to get murdered or something? Did Buchou notice something as well?
correct me if i'm wrong, here's a rough translation..
buchou told hotaru what a great catch phrase she came up with all because she fell in love with makoto. from the time when they lived together, to the time when she started to fall in love, he would never have thought she could have done this well. "when it's a nice day(literally sunny), let's catch a movie together". having met makoto, fallen in love, she has done all this by herself. so, whatever happened to her and makoto, she should be proud and happy now that she's in love.

here, i think hotaru's eyes were watery because part of her realizes everything happened because of buchou and that she might be in love with buchou? but she wants to learn to do well without his help so that's why she said she'll work hard from now on. it's not until at the party where yamada neesan and yuka talked about yuka can still be in love within the toki-doki feeling that hotaru realizes she may be in love with buchou...
personally i think buchou had feelings for hotaru throughout the time they lived together.
he just admitted it at the end when she finally showed up at the old house
..he's like the passive type i guess..

skyfarer

Post by skyfarer » Sep 13th, '07, 22:03

:D What a wonderful ending that was. Now I want to read vol.10 of the manga~ hahaha.
Noi wrote:Wow, thanks again, Izydata! I was actually wondering what that conversation was all about :lol

Aaah... so many questions... I hope we get our subs sometime soon...
(Ah, harukaya beat me to it. xD No matter. I'll post a full translation anyways.)
Hotaru and Buchou's conversation in the office:
B: Otsukare. (just a formality after doing work.. can mean "good work," etc.)
H: Buchou!
B: The client was praising that catch copy you wrote while thinking of Teshima. Since you didn't seem too cheerful, I thought I'd comment on your good work. ...Are you okay?
H: ...
B: Did something happen with Teshima?
B: Oh, yeah.. About that catch copy of yours... When we first started living together, you preferred to stay home and sleep rather than fall in love. Back then, you probably wouldn't have been able to write that catch copy. "When it's sunny out, let's go to a movie theater." It's a job you could do because you met Teshima and fell in love with him, isn't it? So... I don't know what happened, but... Amemiya, it's a good thing you fell in love. Well, then, otsukare.
H: Buchou.. Buchou! BUCHOU! BUCHOU!!
B: Be quiet! Don't talk in loud voices after 9PM!
H: Yes..
B: What's wrong?
H: No... work... I.. I'll do my best at work! Buchou, you do your best too!
B: I'm always doing my best.
H: Excuse me!
(Hotaru runs off)

As for realizing her feelings for Buchou, I think it began with her feeling uncomfortable living with Makoto. She fesses up about this at the end of the episode. Makoto also tells her that she likes Buchou, but hasn't realized it. (These are the things she hears in her head after the office scene.)
Well, ikken rakuchaku desu~! :mrgreen:

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 13th, '07, 22:22

Lol, thank you both!
...so, how did Buchou know that Hotaru liked him anyway? ...was that just a deduction based on what she had just said, or do you guys think that he might've realized it before, during their "time-out"?... or maybe he is extremely confident? XD

skyfarer

Post by skyfarer » Sep 13th, '07, 22:32

Noi wrote:
...so, how did Buchou know that Hotaru liked him anyway? ...was that just a deduction based on what she had just said, or do you guys think that he might've realized it before, during their "time-out"?... or maybe he is extremely confident? XD
I'm guessing it's because she seemed unhappy after she moved in with Makoto, as well as her inability to cut all ties with him (the convenience store part shows it). The office scene, in which she yelled out "Buchou!" several times, probably solidified his suspicions. :thumright:
Of course, these are just my speculations. :)

TG3

Post by TG3 » Sep 13th, '07, 23:39

This ending was good. It was nowhere near the disappointment of Proposal Daisakusen. The relationship between Buchou and Hotaru is kind of like the main couple in HYD, unless far less dramatic and cartoonish. You have two people who are stubborn and set in their ways and finally come to the obvious conclusion.

The only complaint I have about the ending is it seemed kind of rushed. I would have liked a "one month later" (or one year later) flash forward to see how Hotaru and Buchou live together as a couple. Is she still really sloppy and messy, or did she clean up her act (literally)?

I do like how the ending was set up, though. Hotaru looks really pretty and adult-like with her new haircut but when she goes to his house, she's in her pajamas and her hair tied up like the first time they met outside of work.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 13th, '07, 23:57

You just kind of know that any time period later with them, they still will be arguing how messy she is and how he trying to put down rules for her. It's funny how these two opposite have such great relationship. I am guessing one of reasons why buchou's previous marriage fail was that he know his ex could take care of herself. Bet he never gave her any lecture on how to act. Thus, buchou's ex felt she was being ignore by him and ran to the arms of another man.

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 14th, '07, 01:08

XrayMind wrote:You just kind of know that any time period later with them, they still will be arguing how messy she is and how he trying to put down rules for her. It's funny how these two opposite have such great relationship. I am guessing one of reasons why buchou's previous marriage fail was that he know his ex could take care of herself. Bet he never gave her any lecture on how to act. Thus, buchou's ex felt she was being ignore by him and ran to the arms of another man.
Except now there will be heavy making out sessions and loads of sex.

Or something XD

That's a pretty good theory on why Buchou's marriage failed. I think that and the fact that Buchou is a workaholic must've really screwed things up for them. Let's just hope that Buchou learned his lesson and won't repeat the same mistakes with Hotaru.

Not that she'd let him, anyway xD

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Sep 14th, '07, 01:21

Noi wrote:
XrayMind wrote:You just kind of know that any time period later with them, they still will be arguing how messy she is and how he trying to put down rules for her. It's funny how these two opposite have such great relationship. I am guessing one of reasons why buchou's previous marriage fail was that he know his ex could take care of herself. Bet he never gave her any lecture on how to act. Thus, buchou's ex felt she was being ignore by him and ran to the arms of another man.

Or something XD

That's a pretty good theory on why Buchou's marriage failed. I think that and the fact that Buchou is a workaholic must've really screwed things up for them. Let's just hope that Buchou learned his lesson and won't repeat the same mistakes with Hotaru.

but aren't they BOTH workaholics?! Hotaru and Buchou are PERRRRFECT 2gether!! :cheers: :cheers: i love this drama..now i'm going to read the manga..to those who've read the manga, is the story pretty much the same as the drama or should I expect some happy surprises? any more Hotaru ** Buchou love? :wub:

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 14th, '07, 01:43

harukaya wrote:
Noi wrote:

Or something XD

but aren't they BOTH workaholics?! Hotaru and Buchou are PERRRRFECT 2gether!! :cheers: :cheers: i love this drama..now i'm going to read the manga..to those who've read the manga, is the story pretty much the same as the drama or should I expect some happy surprises? any more Hotaru ** Buchou love? :wub:
The drama differs greatly from the manga. While Hotaru and Takano aren't a couple (yet), they have much more scenes that hint at something else than they did in the drama. I think it focuses a lot more on their interactions that it does on Makoto's storyline. Expect less Yuuka, and a Takano that smokes more than he drinks. Also, you'll get to see Buchou's dad and some incredibly cute scenes between Hotaru and Takano.

It's an amazing manga. You're really going to enjoy it ^^

Khai77

Post by Khai77 » Sep 14th, '07, 09:21

The drama already ended...
Can someone tell me what basicly Buchho and his Friend (the 1st one found they live together) talk about in front of Hotaru when gathering for Hotaru complete project (i think), that make hotaru face kinda priceless. And also what Hotaru tell to Buccho when she give coffee, and make Buccho confius and later he find her at home waiting...
Thanks...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 14th, '07, 11:49

Khai77 wrote:The drama already ended...
Can someone tell me what basicly Buchho and his Friend (the 1st one found they live together) talk about in front of Hotaru when gathering for Hotaru complete project (i think), that make hotaru face kinda priceless. And also what Hotaru tell to Buccho when she give coffee, and make Buccho confius and later he find her at home waiting...
Thanks...
this is going just off what i can remember and what i could mentally translate at the time so its not acurate but
Im pretty sure that the friend asked buchou if they could live together

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 14th, '07, 12:08

Thanks...
He also sort of forces him to confess that the whole tearing the house down business was a lie, which Hotaru did not expect. The house is still there, and so is he, alone.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Sep 14th, '07, 13:30

Thanks...
at the party,
the friend asks buchou: that house, about tearing it down, it's a lie eh?
b: yeah, it's a lie
f: you are still living there neh?
b:yeah still living there.
f: by yourself?
b: until now. yeah
f: ya, [this part i couldn't really get. he refers to hotaru as 'the other'..probably said there's nothing stopping her from living there now that the house is still there and no one else is living there with buchou..then, he said: hmm, wanna live with me?
b:what are you talking about? [hotaru's eyes light up as if: 1. the house is still there; 2. buchou doesn't want anyone else to live with him except for her..haha]
when hotaru gave buchou the coffee she said
h:summer's here eh?
b: yeah
h: the time to enjoy a beer and watch a beautiful sunset is finally here neh?
then buchou gave her the eye...

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Sep 14th, '07, 15:00

harukaya wrote:at the party,
f: ya, [this part i couldn't really get. he refers to hotaru as 'the other'..probably said there's nothing stopping her from living there now that the house is still there and no one else is living there with buchou..then, he said: hmm, wanna live with me?
b:what are you talking about? [hotaru's eyes light up as if: 1. the house is still there; 2. buchou doesn't want anyone else to live with him except for her..haha]
What Futatsugi was saying was
heya, aita manma nan da yo na: "so you've left the room empty, eh?" Hotaru's room, of course.

Khai77

Post by Khai77 » Sep 14th, '07, 15:44

Thanks so much for all translation.... :D

I really love this drama, gonna miss them for sure

TG3

Post by TG3 » Sep 14th, '07, 16:41

I like the last episode and series more after seeing it again. Most dramas now are too formulaic in their treatment of relationships. I kind of blame "Sekachuu" and the whole jun'ai boom for this. What was nice about this one was they kind of threw you a curve. You thought you were getting the sweet "destined" love match between Makoto and Hotaru but then they showed that there was something even better than that.
BTW, in the last episode, I think the key turning point is at 23 min, when buchou comes back to the office to (obviously) see Hotaru. The original catchphrase for the design she's doing was "My wife enjoys movies. I enjoy books." She says it was inspired by imagining buchou and his second wife (whom he has yet to meet). He likes it, and then she doesn't want to show him anymore. It's obvious that she was imagining herself as his wife. When he picks the 2nd phrase, "when the day clears, let's go to the theatre," she's kind of disappointed because she says it was inspired by thinking about Makoto. At this point, even though she doesn't know it, the audience knows where her heart really is.

I think she takes a long time to finally confess to him because she was still hurt over her breakup and like she said, she was waiting for summer when the time was right.
Last edited by TG3 on Sep 14th, '07, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 14th, '07, 23:50

possible that should be put ina poiler for those who havent seen it yet

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 16th, '07, 01:42

TG3 wrote:I like the last episode and series more after seeing it again. Most dramas now are too formulaic in their treatment of relationships. I kind of blame "Sekachuu" and the whole jun'ai boom for this. What was nice about this one was they kind of threw you a curve. You thought you were getting the sweet "destined" love match between Makoto and Hotaru but then they showed that there was something even better than that.
BTW, in the last episode, I think the key turning point is at 23 min, when buchou comes back to the office to (obviously) see Hotaru. The original catchphrase for the design she's doing was "My wife enjoys movies. I enjoy books." She says it was inspired by imagining buchou and his second wife (whom he has yet to meet). He likes it, and then she doesn't want to show him anymore. It's obvious that she was imagining herself as his wife. When he picks the 2nd phrase, "when the day clears, let's go to the theatre," she's kind of disappointed because she says it was inspired by thinking about Makoto. At this point, even though she doesn't know it, the audience knows where her heart really is.

I think she takes a long time to finally confess to him because she was still hurt over her breakup and like she said, she was waiting for summer when the time was right.
Aaah, the jun ai boom... boooooring. I never really liked Sekachuu, and for some reason, Ayase Haruka really annoyed that crap out of me there... but she was so awesome in Hotaru no Hikari, that along with Inoue Mao, she's become one of my favorites. Fujiki Naohito already earned a spot in my "OMGAWSOME" list a pretty long time ago, so yeah... XD

So, I guess I'm just gonna wait for volume 10 of the manga.

I loved the triple release of the subs, things are much clearer for me now... Thanks DoReMii!!
:cheers:

Progolf

Post by Progolf » Sep 16th, '07, 02:02

harukaya wrote:
Thanks...
at the party,
Correction
1. What Futatsugi Shouji said the last sentence
部屋, 空いたままなんだな?.....俺と暮らす?

2. What Amemiya Hotaru said the last sentence
ビールの美味い季節 がやって来ましたね

I love the last screen, the talking between the two after Takano back home and found Hotaru in Jersey and Chonmage (topknot) at veranda again, especially the final conversation :)
Last edited by Progolf on Sep 16th, '07, 02:23, edited 4 times in total.

matildaaa

Post by matildaaa » Sep 16th, '07, 02:04

i watched 4 episodes until now.. this drama is really good.. i like Ayase Haruka and i strongly recommend this drama to everyone who wants to laugh so hard !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 16th, '07, 02:23

Progolf wrote:
harukaya wrote:
Thanks...
at the party,
Correction
1. What Futatsugi Shouji said the last sentence
部屋, 空いたままなんだな?.....俺と暮らす?

2. What Amemiya Hotaru said the last sentence
ビールの美味い季節 がやって来ましたね

harukaya, please translate it again

I love the last screen, the talking between the two after Takano back home and found Hotaru in Jersey and Chonmage (topknot) at veranda again, especially the final conversation :)

I can only understand the key parts of that first conversation, when Takano finds her at home... :-(

Progolf

Post by Progolf » Sep 16th, '07, 06:17

Noi wrote:
Progolf wrote:

I can only understand the key parts of that first conversation, when Takano finds her at home... :-(
I note out the full conversation of the last screen, but it's still in Japanese, I will translte it later when have time or someone here can help. :D
Takano - 雨宮..
Hotaru - おかえりなさい
Takano - おかえりなさいじゃないだろ。何しにきた?
Hotaru - 帰ってきました
Takano - 何しに帰ってきた?君は一夏の恋をおえて、少しはほんのすこしはかわったといったんじゃないのか。颯爽と自分の人生の階段を、一人で登ってったんじゃないのか
Hotaru - 登れましたよ、ふたつほど
Takano - 君の人生の階段はふたつしかなかったか
Hotaru - 二つ登ったところで、夏がきました
Takano - 夏がきたからなんなんだよ
Hotaru - 縁側は、どうしてるかなーって
Takano -どうしてるかなって
Hotaru - 部長に会いたいなぁ~って。私、この家を出た時ボロボロ泣きました。好きな人と一緒に暮らす事が決まって、最高に嬉しい気分のはずだったのに。この家の玄関を出たとたん、涙が止まりませんでした。泣けて泣けて、仕方が無かった。好きな人と一緒に暮らしている時も、一日の終わりには、どうしてかなぁ?部長と話がしたかった。振られて終わってしまった時も、部長に会いたかった。一人で暮らし始めた時も、やっぱり一日の終わりには、この縁側で部長と話がしたかった。部長のことが忘れられなかった。ジャージにちょんまげで、もう一度部長に会いたかった。部長に会いたくて、だから来ました。自分の人生だから、自分で決めて来ました。
Takano - 雨宮
Hotaru - 会いたかったんです。・・・会いたかった・・?・・会いたかった?どうしてかな
Takano - どうしてかな?って、それは君が私の事を好きだからだ。私も、君が好きだ
Takano & Hotaru - どうしてかな
Takano -しかし雨宮
Hotaru - はい
Takano - 好きだということだけではのりこえられないこともある。
Takano - 君は…
Takano - 立ちなさい。いいから立ちなさい。
Hotaru - はい
Takano - 勝手にあがりこんで 勝手にすわりこむのはまちがってる。
Hotaru - スイマセン…
Takano - これやるから。….そっちに移動しなさい。
Hotaru - はあっ?
Takano - だから、私の、こちら側にきなさい….. ほら
Hotaru - はあっ?
Takano - 私はここだよ。、君はいつもそこだったろ。そこが君の座る場所だ。そこが、君の居場所だ,おかえり
Hotaru - 部長ぉ~~!! ありがとうございます。お待たせ致しました。頂きます。やっぱ、やっぱ部長が一番 !!!
Takano - 新しい二人暮らしは決めなきゃなあ
Takano - ひとつ、浴室にひとりぼっちで閉じこめ
Hotaru - ひとつ、体脂肪率はほどほどに
Takano - ひとつ、テーブルは平等に
Hotaru - ひとつ、年金も平等に !
Takano - 君は老後もココで暮らすつもりか
Hotaru - ひとつ、寝たきりになっても介護を楽しく
Takano - ひとつ、私に女が出来たら、ここを出て行ってもらおう。
Hotaru - はあ..
Takano - 考えてみれば、私はココで人生を台無しにしたくないからな
Hotaru - はあ
Takano - 私が恋に落ちたら、今度は君が私を応援する番だ。
Hotaru - はああ?!
Takano - 君とちがって、私にはこの先、まだまだ素晴らしい未来が待ってるはずだ
Hotaru - はあああ ? !
Takano - しかし、君はおそらくこの先もう恋に落ちることは無いだろう。私以外に、好きな男は出来ない。死んでも出来ない。生き返っても出来ない。生まれ変わっても、君は私を好きだ。
Takano - おい。話を聞け。何寝てんだよ, 起きろ!起きないとチューするぞ
Takano - 起きろう , おい。起きて私の話をきけ, 雨宮
Hotaru - 山口百恵、引退だって
Takano - いつの新聞だよ
Hotaru - ヒヒ

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Sep 16th, '07, 08:00

Progolf wrote:I note out the full conversation of the last screen, but it's still in Japanese, I will translte it later when have time or someone here can help. :D
Takano - 雨宮..
Hotaru - おかえりなさい
Hotaru - 帰ってきました
Takano - 何しに帰ってきた?君は一夏の恋をおえて、少しはほんのすこしはかわったといったんじゃないのか。颯爽と自分の人生の階段を、一人で登ってったんじゃないのか
Hotaru - 登れましたよ、ふたつほど
Takano - 夏がきたからなんなんだよ
Hotaru - 縁側は、どうしてるかなーって
Takano -どうしてるかなって
Hotaru - 部長に会いたいなぁ~って。私、この家を出た時ボロボロ泣きました。好きな人と一緒に暮らす事が決まって、最高に嬉しい気分のはずだったのに。この家の玄関を出たとたん、涙が止まりませんでした。泣けて泣けて、仕方が無かった。好きな人と一緒に暮らしている時も、一日の終わりには、どうしてかなぁ?部長と話がしたかった。振られて終わってしまった時も、部長に会いたかった。一人で暮らし始めた時も、やっぱり一日の終わりには、この縁側で部長と話がしたかった。部長のことが忘れられなかった。ジャージにちょんまげで、もう一度部長に会いたかった。部長に会いたくて、だから来ました。自分の人生だから、自分で決めて来ました。
Takano - 雨宮
Takano & Hotaru - どうしてかな
Takano -しかし雨宮
Hotaru - はい
Takano - 君は…
Hotaru - はい
Hotaru - スイマセン…
Hotaru - はあっ?
Hotaru - はあっ?
Hotaru - ひとつ、体脂肪率はほどほどに
Takano - ひとつ、テーブルは平等に
Hotaru - ひとつ、年金も平等に !
Takano - 君は老後もココで暮らすつもりか
Hotaru - はあ..
Hotaru - はあ
Hotaru - はああ?!
Hotaru - はあああ ? !
Takano - しかし、君はおそらくこの先もう恋に落ちることは無いだろう。私以外に、好きな男は出来ない。死んでも出来ない。生き返っても出来ない。生まれ変わっても、君は私を好きだ。
Hotaru - 山口百恵、引退だって
Takano - いつの新聞だよ
Hotaru - ヒヒ
Eh, actually I already translated the second half of this one page back...

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... 059#857059

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 16th, '07, 08:02

....lolz, can anyone translate the whole thing plz?

...I'll die or something.

XD

Also, omg, someone get the OST!!!111

fsaith

Post by fsaith » Sep 16th, '07, 10:20

Progolf wrote:
Noi wrote:
Progolf wrote:

I note out the full conversation of the last screen, but it's still in Japanese, I will translte it later when have time or someone here can help. :D
Takano - 雨宮..
Hotaru - おかえりなさい
Hotaru - 帰ってきました
Hotaru - 登れましたよ、ふたつほど
Takano - 夏がきたからなんなんだよ
Hotaru - 縁側は、どうしてるかなーって
Takano -どうしてるかなって
Takano - 雨宮
Takano & Hotaru - どうしてかな
Takano -しかし雨宮
Hotaru - はい
Takano - 君は…
Hotaru - はい
Hotaru - スイマセン…
Hotaru - はあっ?
Hotaru - はあっ?
Hotaru - ひとつ、体脂肪率はほどほどに
Takano - ひとつ、テーブルは平等に
Hotaru - ひとつ、年金も平等に !
Takano - 君は老後もココで暮らすつもりか
Hotaru - はあ..
Hotaru - はあ
Hotaru - はああ?!
Hotaru - はあああ ? !
Hotaru - 山口百恵、引退だって
Takano - いつの新聞だよ
Hotaru - ヒヒ
i just watched the one with chinese subs. will just translate briefly (sorry if its inaccurate) its really quite cute! the interaction : D
Buchou: Amemiya
Hotaru: Welcome back!
Buchou: What's with the 'welcome back"? Why are you here?
Hotaru: I'm back.
Buchou: Why are you back? Didn't you say from your first love experience you have changed? The change is just so little? Didn't you say you want to cross over the life stages alone? (or somethig like that)
Hotaru: I have crossed already. 2 stages.
Buchou: Your life has only 2 stages??
Hotaru: By the time I crossed 2 stages, summer has arrived.
Buchou: So what if summer has arrived?
Hotaru: I miss the balcony.
Buchou: You miss the balcony??
Hotaru: I really want to see Buchou. When I first left this house, I was crying really badly. To be able to live with the one I liked, I should be really happy. However when i stepped out of this house, I couldn't stop crying. I cried and cried, and I couldn't do anything about it. Even though I was living with the one I liked, yet everyday I yearn to talk to Buchou. Even after he ditched me, I still want to see Buchou. Even when I lived alone, everyday I still wish to sit at the balcony and talk with Buchou. I just couldn't forget Buchou. I want to again wear my jersey and chonmage and meet Buchou. I want to see Buchou, so here I am! This is my life, and I had made this decision by myself!
Buchou: Amemiya...
Hotaru: I really want to see you! I want to see you. I want to see you... ... but why?
Buchou: What "why"? That's just because you like me. And I too... like you.
Buchou + Hotaru: why ahh [ implying how come they ended up liking each other!]
[/spoiler]

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Sep 16th, '07, 12:15

OK guys, the first half here is fsaith's translation - with some notes I've added - and the second mine. I hope fsaith doesn't mind :)
Buchou: Amemiya
Hotaru: Welcome back!
Buchou: What's with the 'welcome back"? Why are you here?
Hotaru: I'm back. Note: kaette kimashita ie. I've returned, I'm back for good.
Buchou: Why are you back? Didn't you say from your first love experience you have changed? The change is just so little? Didn't you say you want to cross over the life stages alone? (or somethig like that) kaidan would normally be steps or stairs; here we might say jinsei no kaidan are the [big] steps or stages in life. Buchou is saying, didn't you resolve to take these big steps in your life smartly and by yourself? He, of course, thinks that Hotaru is just reverting to her himono-onna-ness by moving back. Hotaru, of course, thinks quite differently.
Hotaru: I have crossed already. 2 stages.
Buchou: Your life has only 2 stages??
Hotaru: By the time I crossed 2 stages, summer has arrived.
Buchou: So what if summer has arrived?
Hotaru: I miss the balcony.
Buchou: You miss the balcony??
Hotaru: I really want to see Buchou. When I first left this house, I was crying really badly. To be able to live with the one I liked, I should be really happy. However when i stepped out of this house, I couldn't stop crying. I cried and cried, and I couldn't do anything about it. Even though I was living with the one I liked, yet everyday I yearn to talk to Buchou. Even after he ditched me, I still want to see Buchou. Even when I lived alone, everyday I still wish to sit at the balcony and talk with Buchou. I just couldn't forget Buchou. I want to again wear my jersey and chonmage and meet Buchou. I want to see Buchou, so here I am! This is my life, and I had made this decision by myself! Basically alright, except that for "Buchou" read "you", like "I just couldn't forget you" etc. Hotaru's happy days with Buchou began last summer when she would end her days (ichinichi no owari) at the porch, sipping her beer, admiring the fireflies, chatting with Buchou and everything. Therefore - probably - she thought it would be more poetic and appropriate for her to return in the next summer rather than sometime before.
Buchou: Amemiya...
Hotaru: I really want to see you! I want to see you. I want to see you... ... but why?
Buchou: What "why"? That's just because you like me. And I too... like you.
Buchou + Hotaru: why ahh [ implying how come they ended up liking each other!] Yes, "why's that?" or "how did this happen?" As all you seasoned J-drama fans will know, suki can mean 'like' or 'love' or anything in between depending on the context. In this one it should be their own strange kind of love.

B: But, you know, Amemiya...
H: Yes?
B: Even if we do love each other, there'll still be some things we can't overcome. He's referring to a conversation they had about this in ep7.
B: You...
Buchou goes to the kitchen to get a can of beer. Hotaru sits down again. Buchou returns.
B: Stand up! Come on, stand up!
H: OK...
B: If you think you can just walk straight in here and sit down anywhere you want, you're dead wrong.
H: Sorry.
B: Here, take this... Now, move over there.
H: What?
B: Just do it, come over to this side, here.
H: What?!
B: I'm here and you're always there. That's where you sit; that's where you belong.
B: Welcome back.
H: Buchou!!! Thank you! Sorry I kept you waiting. Itadakimasu.
Sips the beer.
Buchou's still the best! Usually she says yappa ie ga ichiban! "Home's still the best!"

B: Looks like we have to draw up some new rules for living together. One, no locking people in the bathroom by themselves.
H: One, don't be too picky about body fat percentages!
B: One, divide the table space equally.
H: One, divide pensions equally too!
B: You plan to live here even in old age?!
H: One, be happy to nurse the other person even after he/she becomes bedridden!
B: One, you will move out when I find a new woman.
H: ...What?
B: Come to think of it, I'm not about to ruin my life here.
H: WHAT?
B: When I fall in love with someone, it's your turn to give me support.
H: WHAT?!
B: Unlike you, I still have a beautiful future waiting for me ahead.
H: WHAT?!?!
B: But, unlike me, you will probably never fall in love again. You won't be able to find any man to love other than me. Even when you die. Even when you're brought back to life. Even when you're reborn, you will love me!
Hotaru takes up an old newspaper to use as a blanket and lies down to sleep.
B: Hey, listen to me! Don't sleep! Wake up!
... If you don't wake up, I'm going to kiss you!
Hotaru springs up in surprise, but then lies down again, pressing her eyes shut like she's waiting for it...
B: Hey, wake up! Listen to what I'm saying!
... Ahomiya!
Hotaru sees something in the newspaper.
H: Hey, Yamaguchi Momoe's retiring!
B: How old is that newspaper?!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 16th, '07, 19:38

Buchou's friend is just SO GAY!!
f: Someday, you'll find a girl you love (wistfully)
b: You too
(laughs shyly ... afraid that buchou realized that he is in love with him)

another scene:
f: oh, that thing about your house being torn down was a lie, right?
b: yeah, it was
f: you're still living there?
b: yeah, I live there
f: Alone?
b: For now...
f: So, you still have a spare room? Can I move in?

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 16th, '07, 19:56

...... doesn't he have a crush on Yamada by the end of the show?... I thought they were sort of dating? :roll

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 16th, '07, 20:06

Noi wrote:
...... doesn't he have a crush on Yamada by the end of the show?... I thought they were sort of dating? :roll
Yeah, but that is just setting an impossible goal (she's a player) so that he can never attain her (wait for 7 hours and 35 minutes!!) and hide his true preference

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 16th, '07, 20:13

Lol, I honestly think he was just fooling around. I mean, I have guy friends who tease each other like Futatsugi all the time and they're not gay.

XD

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 17th, '07, 05:18

The website put up pictures of Hotaru's jersey collection... for those who haven't seen it, check under the spoiler :lol

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 19th, '07, 05:01

Someone made an MV...! I like it very much ^^

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 19th, '07, 07:44

Noi wrote:The website put up pictures of Hotaru's jersey collection... for those who haven't seen it, check under the spoiler :lol
Thanks for that

I wonder though if someone can enlighten me as to why they are reffered to as jerseys when they are t-shirts?

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Sep 19th, '07, 14:16

Yorokobi wrote:I wonder though if someone can enlighten me as to why they are reffered to as jerseys when they are t-shirts?
You know, I was wondering about the same thing too. I suppose "jersey" (jaaji) like some other loanwords take on a slightly different meaning after being imported. If the Japanese Wikipedia article is accurate, it actually refers to the general sports attire, the T-shirt together with what I would call track pants or training pants. If there are native Japanese speakers reading this and can clarify this further, I would really appreciate it :D

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 19th, '07, 14:28

ditto, I put it down to engrish but am curious as to the origins as well...

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 19th, '07, 17:34

I assuming that the Japanese is calling any clothing that have designs printed on them, 'jersey'. Guess it started with team sport jerseys having the company/team logos/names printed on them. As with most T-shirts, they also have designs printed on them, so they are also called 'jersey'. Correct me if I am wrong.

Nickolas

Post by Nickolas » Sep 19th, '07, 23:44

What the wonderful drama :lol
Thanks to DoReMii :wub:
I wonder how many Volumes the manga is??? And from where I can get it?

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Sep 20th, '07, 01:17

Nickolas wrote: I wonder how many Volumes the manga is??? And from where I can get it?
There's 9 volumes so far, and as for availability you can download them from one of the raw file torrent threads...Episode 9? I can't remember.

However, they're in Japanese. I'm considering trying to scanlate them, but I would need to find a couple more people to work with me as I'm quite busy.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Sep 20th, '07, 06:18

through the kindness and generosity of thtl-san of jdorama:

Hotaru no Hikari OST
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i5s6mz

:)

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 20th, '07, 07:58

Ahaha XD I was just about to post that.

Thanks a lot! :cheers:

andierobins

Post by andierobins » Sep 20th, '07, 13:35

Hello everyone!! I'm a newbie haha.
Oh gosh i love this drama soooo much i keep on re-watching it! :DD haha i think hotaru is so freakin cute and naohito fujiki rocks! He's kinda old but wow still so charming, i think this is his best drama since love revolution days. Just felt kinda sad cos it appears that it is overshadowed by other more hype-up dramas like hama kimi but anws, love the chemistry btw the 2 leads. I hope they have a sequel but that seems like an impossibility :( And i wanna read the manga too!! i went to several bookshops to find it and tried for days and days searching online but to no avail :-( but i guess it's yet to be translated yet. So looking forward to it! This show/manga just rocks! yeay! haha :wub: :cheers:

yumeaki

Post by yumeaki » Sep 20th, '07, 15:52

Love this drama and I can just re-watch without feeling bored as the squabbles between buchou and hotaru are just hilarious! and not to mention the ever-good looking Fujiki.

I especially love the end when hotaru pretends to sleep and buchou used the line which hotaru used on him last time to get him to wake up. Just like buchou who then suddenly sit up at that line, hotaru also immediately sit up. But what's funny is that she sat up in shock but immediately lie back down again, closing her eyes nervously as though she was hoping that buchou will do what he just said. Buchou just doesn't get the hint right?

Noi

Post by Noi » Sep 20th, '07, 19:31

Lol, if by some miracle we do get an SP, then maybe he might get the hint next time. I DEMAND A FIRST KISS. Or a whole episode revolving around a first kiss. ANYTHING.

...PLZ.

XD