Gong Yoo

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 15th, '07, 04:50

casey101a wrote:
chan2x wrote:Where can I download One Fine Day? Is it a good drama?
try silentregrets.com :-) :-)
everyone is just answering this persons first question but i am also curious about the second so can some people please answer that one? Is it a good drama??

babyboo

Post by babyboo » Aug 15th, '07, 19:13

It generally is a good drama. If you like Sung YuRi, then I think you'll most definitely like this drama. Most people find it a great drama. I, on the other hand, didn't like it as much as others. But it's decent enough to watch.
Some people don't like the brother-sister love relationship theme in it, so they get turned off by this drama after watching a couple of episodes. (Mind you, they are not blood-related siblings.)
If you like Gong Yoo, then you should definitely give this drama a chance by watching a couple of episodes first to see how you like it.

I hope that helped in any way.
If not, you can ask more questions! ^^

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 16th, '07, 23:54

If you like Sung YuRi, then I think you'll most definitely like this drama. Most people find it a great drama. I, on the other hand, didn't like it as much as others. But it's decent enough to watch.
One Fine Day's story is not that original ("oppa" love again?), but it can be delightfully loopy (check out those first 15 minutes of the first episode!) The ending is not very good, but it's happy. One Fine Day got panned pretty badly in a lot of places, and I know that Sung YuRi hasn't fared well either. (Interesting, though, to see Gong Yoo work with the "baby" actresses from the two major girl groups FinKL and Baby Vox. Irony?) But I really, really enjoyed the chemistry between the four actors/actresses. In my mind, both Sung YuRi and Lee Yeon Hee could hae played the lead female role just fine. Gong Yoo's done the best with making Sung YuRi shine as a romantic partner.

Which is really the essence of Gong Yoo's unique acting style -- he's one of the most generous actors on Kdrama-TV, in that he's all about giving himself to his romantic partners, to making his actresses shine.

He's more physically affectionate -- by a wide mile actually -- than other male leads in K-drama. When he hugs you, he HUGS you, pressing you to his body; when he wants to make a point, he will hold your shoulders and look deep into your eyes; when he teases you, he'll crouch and sneak up to you like a little kid. He's wiry, physically alive, rich with body language. And above all, you'll notice that his actresses always seem more at ease with him, more willing to be touchy and feely and flirtacious, because he gives his body to them. They trust him more, and they go off on him more.

Not only that, but he does a really exceptional job at listening and reacting to his romantic and non-romantic partners. Even when his characters are playing arrogant or mean-spirited, he's always watching the reaction of his actors and actresses, always mantaining a connection with them. It's not just lines from a script to recite; he's really there in the moment with them.

I'm really glad Coffee Prince's giving him the visibility here that he deserves. It's maybe not the ideal role for him -- he's had to dial down his wiry style in order to play an introverted, awkward guy. But I don't think anybody else could have conveyed the same physical affection for Eun Chan, what his body wants and yet finds revolting.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 17th, '07, 04:57

belleza wrote:
If you like Sung YuRi, then I think you'll most definitely like this drama. Most people find it a great drama. I, on the other hand, didn't like it as much as others. But it's decent enough to watch.
One Fine Day's story is not that original ("oppa" love again?), but it can be delightfully loopy (check out those first 15 minutes of the first episode!) The ending is not very good, but it's happy. One Fine Day got panned pretty badly in a lot of places, and I know that Sung YuRi hasn't fared well either. (Interesting, though, to see Gong Yoo work with the "baby" actresses from the two major girl groups FinKL and Baby Vox. Irony?) But I really, really enjoyed the chemistry between the four actors/actresses. In my mind, both Sung YuRi and Lee Yeon Hee could hae played the lead female role just fine. Gong Yoo's done the best with making Sung YuRi shine as a romantic partner.

Which is really the essence of Gong Yoo's unique acting style -- he's one of the most generous actors on Kdrama-TV, in that he's all about giving himself to his romantic partners, to making his actresses shine.

He's more physically affectionate -- by a wide mile actually -- than other male leads in K-drama. When he hugs you, he HUGS you, pressing you to his body; when he wants to make a point, he will hold your shoulders and look deep into your eyes; when he teases you, he'll crouch and sneak up to you like a little kid. He's wiry, physically alive, rich with body language. And above all, you'll notice that his actresses always seem more at ease with him, more willing to be touchy and feely and flirtacious, because he gives his body to them. They trust him more, and they go off on him more.

Not only that, but he does a really exceptional job at listening and reacting to his romantic and non-romantic partners. Even when his characters are playing arrogant or mean-spirited, he's always watching the reaction of his actors and actresses, always mantaining a connection with them. It's not just lines from a script to recite; he's really there in the moment with them.

I'm really glad Coffee Prince's giving him the visibility here that he deserves. It's maybe not the ideal role for him -- he's had to dial down his wiry style in order to play an introverted, awkward guy. But I don't think anybody else could have conveyed the same physical affection for Eun Chan, what his body wants and yet finds revolting.

:wub: :cheers: You took it to the point, belleza. You just put my mind in words :thumleft:
haha, did you wrote other character descriptions? :D *want to read,want to read, want to read, want to read, want to read :hissy: :mrgreen: *

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 17th, '07, 04:58

belleza wrote:

:wub: :cheers: You took it to the point, belleza. You just put my mind in words :thumleft:
haha, did you wrote other character descriptions? :D *want to read,want to read, want to read, want to read, want to read :hissy: :mrgreen: *

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 21st, '07, 02:55

Let's just say I'm really happy that Gong Yoo is finally getting visibility over at D-addicts.

In romantic K-drama, there's kind of a fine line between the "pretty boys" and the "men" in terms of the leads. Gong Yoo's appeal is that he's always been a bit of both -- before One Fine Day, he was typecast as the boy-man adolescent. Biscuit Teacher is his best performance in that vein -- he was about 26 years old playing a impossibly love-sick 18 year old kid, and he pulled it off because like a boy, he sought attention, affection, and validation from his actress. His character doesn't know himself yet, and in his performances, he doesn't make decisions on his character until his partner acts.

To me, Gong Yoo is the lead that I hope Rain will become. Both have a natural, but gentle manliness that pulls the actress closer to them. They make actresses feel safe. And Gong Yoo is good at grounding macho posturing into an "everyman" decency. Which is he's doing in Coffee Prince, however arrogant or proud his character was, he is able to connect those aspects to an essential sensitivity toward his other characters. I feel that he can't but help be this way with other actor and actress partners; it's fundamental to his acting. Rain does this too a bit, seeking direction from his partners.

I wonder how Gong Yoo will be when he returns from the army. If this boy-man becomes a full man, if he is able to invest in his performances a "hardness" and "meanness" like his fellow peers. He'll be 30 then, and I imagine a different kind of actor. So in that way, Coffee Prince is a good send-off to the "old Gong Yoo."

Although most people probably don't see it, Gong Yoo is perhaps the only other <30 character that I could see plausibly play Cha Moo-hyuk in MiSa. Meaning, if he throws away the "boy", maybe - just maybe - he can do with his romantic partners what So Ji Sup does.

pinklover27

Post by pinklover27 » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:35

when is he leaving for the military?

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:53

I read he's leaving for bootcamp this month. (His service starts on October 9, but I don't think it includes the 6 weeks of bootcamp leading up to the service.) He was supposed to go in May, but then he got this role. So, you know, he got a "stay", so to speak.

Like literally, he'll be waving goodbye to his fans at the Coffee Prince special and then it's the army.

Fans of Gong Yoo (and he has lots of fans) won't be seeing him again for years, and I bet it's going to be really emotional at the special. Sigh

(And in other news, Kim Jong Kook -- YEH's rumored other -- is returning from his service next June. Ahh. :D )

adyhottie

Post by adyhottie » Aug 23rd, '07, 04:16

Gong Yoo is going to the military because that is what Korean men are obliged to do, to serve for 2 years
in the army..
South Korean young male adults are compulsory to partake in military training service, other than under special circumtances. That includes celebrities..they have to join the army.
there are a lot of actors who also went to military like Hyun Bin and Won Bin, and soon Gong Yoo and Jo In Sung..
it makes me wana disguise as a men and enter military..hahaha..

Gong Yoo is sooo cute, his roles mostly are about being a student, i mean he can carry any role..
he can be a student or older..
he looks young with his age that he can even portray highschool student roles like Biscuit teacher, She's On Duty (sort of) and My Tutor Friend..

i even read somewhere that he was stereotyped as being an actor good for playing
"highschool student" roles, i mean who could blame him.. he looks young for his age..
shouldn't that be a compliment, although he said that he wants to try other roles too aside
from those very young roles.. like Coffee Prince..and he made a great job!!

i love him!!!

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Aug 23rd, '07, 20:39

I first saw this guy in She's On Duty. Imagine, him and Kim Sam-soon! Haha!! That was a really funny movie. I totally recommend it. Then I saw him on Spy Girl, that was a lame movie. But yeah, I guess I'm not surprised that he's not in more threads as he doesn't have the typical feminine looks that most of the other Korean men on TV have - which I like! :P

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 23rd, '07, 23:30

South Korean young male adults are compulsory to partake in military training service, other than under special circumtances. That includes celebrities..they have to join the army.
Typically the entertainers who delay it are in boy bands, because their lifespan is relatively short. I think G.O.D. essentially broke up when the members finally went to the military. Other countries like Taiwan also have this, and it sparks controversy if you try to dodge it.

It's just that with Gong Yoo, the timing just makes Coffee Prince really meaningful.
i even read somewhere that he was stereotyped as being an actor good for playing
"highschool student" roles, i mean who could blame him.. he looks young for his age..
For example, he played a 18/19-year old kid in Biscuit Teacher in a romantic triangle between a teacher and his uncle. But, in reality, he was the oldest of the three actors and about 25-26 years old. That made the romance "okay." :D

That changed with One Fine Day. They gave him a perm, a mustache, and a gun. They even called his character "Gun." That's hella manly. Unfortunately he was in love with his sister. That's not so manly. :D
. But yeah, I guess I'm not surprised that he's not in more threads as he doesn't have the typical feminine looks that most of the other Korean men on TV have - which I like!
Yeah, one persistent observation about him is that, though he's not pretty, he's so manly AND cuddly. Like you just want his strong, wiry arms wrapped tight around you.

sponge_girl

Post by sponge_girl » Aug 25th, '07, 06:47

man that is one gooooood looking body. yeah he's cute too but i just have the urge to go straight up to him and ......and.....just caress that body of his. come to mama

pinklover27

Post by pinklover27 » Aug 25th, '07, 07:07

i think it's for the best that he is leaving at the peak of his career, so the people will really look out for his comeback...but still 2 years without seeing goong yoo would really be sad...

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 25th, '07, 09:46

AND the man can sing! From 2001 K-drama School 4 . . .

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Aug 27th, '07, 22:47

Ok, but isn't this guy like already 30 or something? Or 28.. I thought only men between the ages of 18-26 were recruited, so why him? And why now?

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 28th, '07, 00:12

Ok, but isn't this guy like already 30 or something? Or 28.. I thought only men between the ages of 18-26 were recruited, so why him? And why now?
Well, what happens with many male celebs (i.e. singers) is that they delay and delay and delay, because they don't want to lose momentum in their careers. But, this is considered very bad PR if you try to delay/dodge the draft. Song Seung Heon and Jang Hyuk were both embroiled in controversy, which damaged their images. Of course, get in a hit show and all is forgiven . . .

I get a sense, though, that the military is a turning point in their careers. Sure, there's grumblings that entertainers get special treatment (Gong Yoo will likely get a normal desk job), but from what I read, the overall emotional and physical experience is really the same. And esp. for some entertainers, it can be emotionally brutal (though again, they are proud to do this for their country) particularly the older you are. In any case, the so-called pretty boys come out of the experience, "men" and have that emotional experience to draw into their performances.

28 isn't that unusual. Song Seung Hong, Jang Hyuk, Wong Bin, So Ji Sup, and singer Kim Jong Kook all went at around that tinme, and have just come back or are coming back next year. Or as popseoul might say -- move over boys, the men are back! ;)

chan2x

Post by chan2x » Sep 10th, '07, 05:48

credits soompi!
I like his smile :wub:

mabeth830

Post by mabeth830 » Sep 12th, '07, 05:00

I watched both BTSC & ONE FINE DAY but he caught my attention in COFFEE PRINCE, :wub: he's such a great actor. i like his facial expressions, everything was so cute. Too bad he's going to army! :-(

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Sep 12th, '07, 16:40

i am most definitely gonna miss him
he was or actually he IS a great actor
he first caught my attention from Biscuit Teacher
so sad hes leaving to military :cry:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 12th, '07, 20:39

My favorite of his is still Biscuit Teacher. Park Tae-In for the win. I LOVED CP though.

Me personally , Im in my mid 20s , so i prefer men not boys. He's right around my age range , so it's added goodness he's going to the military. I bet his return will be good and I hope he has alot more acting to do when he gets back.

tasHabelle

Post by tasHabelle » Sep 15th, '07, 17:43

he is so cute in coffee prince...i definitely fall in love with him..hehehe
Attachments
cover.jpg
cover.jpg (154.63 KiB) Viewed 13191 times

kebagirl9

Gong Yoo

Post by kebagirl9 » Sep 22nd, '07, 04:12

I really love the fact that I get to see how much his fame has grown in a year. He is so HOT. luv the bedroom pics

Coffee Prince is my favorite Kdrama so far

Kebagirl9

adyhottie

Post by adyhottie » Sep 22nd, '07, 05:15

I love his role in Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy as well. He is so cute in that drama.
I think it is just right that he went off to military during the peak of his career so
people would anticipate more of his comeback..
Coz if he leaves when his career is going down, people wont notice it at all.

Leaving for military is something that people will drool for in 2 years waiting for him to come back.
For making the Coffee Prince as his last drama before leaving is so great..
It is like his souvenir for his fans, something to remind us of him, it is a very good
parting gift to his fans...
It is so great that it became a hit, and im sure when he comes back he
will be more popular than ever.. =)

Don't worry Gong Yoo.. we will keep on supporting you.. and we will
wait for you till you come back.

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Sep 28th, '07, 00:07

adyhottie wrote: For making the Coffee Prince as his last drama before leaving is so great..
It is like his souvenir for his fans, something to remind us of him, it is a very good
parting gift to his fans...
It is so great that it became a hit, and im sure when he comes back he
will be more popular than ever.. =)

Don't worry Gong Yoo.. we will keep on supporting you.. and we will
wait for you till you come back.
He won't be in dramas for two years? :cry:
So sad. He was so cute in Coffee Prince. Definitely will be waiting for his comeback.

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 2nd, '07, 00:17

Wonderful spread of his Jeju vacation time, here. Love the retro-50s shot with the cig.

http://popseoul.com/2007/09/26/dont-leave-us-gong-yoo/

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Oct 18th, '07, 02:36

This guy is smokin'. Coffee Prince made him one of my favorite actors.

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Oct 18th, '07, 12:18

lol did'nt know that there is gong yoo thread here...ive been member for about 6 months if im not mistaken and i did'nt discover that this thread is existing, anyways, now i know.... and obviously im a gong yoo lover..hehehe!! hope this thread keeps on rocking every gong yoo fans....hi to all.

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Oct 18th, '07, 12:53

for everyone i hope this pic was not posted before... XD XD

hot.... :faint:

mjf

Post by mjf » Oct 23rd, '07, 09:18

He looks like a beast but he's cute, he's a good actor, I like him in star candy teacher & coffee prince.

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Oct 30th, '07, 20:24

aww..how sad this thread is not moving... :cry: :cry:

Monziii

Post by Monziii » Nov 3rd, '07, 18:38

aww....i'm gonna miss him so much...he really is one the hottest korean actors i've ever seen...actually he is one of the hottest actors in the world and the way he atcs on screen just makes my heart melt :wub:

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Nov 4th, '07, 10:46

Monziii wrote:aww....i'm gonna miss him so much...he really is one the hottest korean actors i've ever seen...actually he is one of the hottest actors in the world and the way he atcs on screen just makes my heart melt :wub:
yeah you're right just look at those different expressions he can make....
he just totally melt's my heart... :wub: :wub: :wub:

credit:yoogals@soompi
:faint: :faint: :faint:

jani

Post by jani » Nov 29th, '07, 10:05

firstly :cheers: for all the pic spam and the links to the vids of him singing and the calendar pics :goggle:
...hold on while i wipe the drool off my face...
i remember seeing him in vids of biscuit teacher but for some reason i really never discovered him until coffee prince [and for that i am forever depressed that it took me that long] but really i admired him so much for his ability to portray a character like han kyul who was both full of himself and extremely endearing...i love all his facial expressions too especially his smile>>>>>WATCH COFFEE PRINCE!!!!
but here are some pix for all of my fellow gong yoo stalkers :salut:
MAJOR credits, kudos and curtsies to popseol.com

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 14th, '07, 07:15

And for our more mature wing of the Gong Yoo fan club, presenting Gong Yoo and Kim Sun Ah (yes, Ms. Sam Soon Herself) in S Diary.

ctfazra

Post by ctfazra » Mar 25th, '08, 15:06

62055hockey wrote:He doean't look like most of the korean actors, girly with long hair. He is really really handsome.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: i hv to agree with u :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

blue_eyra

Post by blue_eyra » Jul 17th, '08, 18:06

Thank God! I found this thread! I am one of Gong Yoo's fan! I love this actor his so good! and very very good-looking, sexy and hot! one of korea's best quality actor! I love all his kdramas and movies i watch most of them...but, some of his films was hard to find online like school 4 and 20-year-old>... I've watched biscuit teacher and star candy his so cute there!

xiah1fan

Post by xiah1fan » Jul 17th, '08, 18:38

62055hockey wrote:He doean't look like most of the korean actors, girly with long hair. He is really really handsome.
Ommmgggooosh Thats really my oppinions!!!!......He is soo diffrent...its really hard to tell if he is korean..But as soon as he opens his mouth...GOOOOSSHHHH.....A hoott Koreano

Guys Watch this Tribute...It will reallly Make U Loove Yoo even more...I thought there was no one that could Love yoo more then me ...but after watchin this I realised that my love could be twice as big....SO Watch!!! and See...

blue_eyra

Post by blue_eyra » Jul 17th, '08, 20:30

Here's his official website... :thumright:

http://www.sidushq.com/star/gyoo

Love this guy! :wub:

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 15th, '08, 00:33

I'm thinking about watching Gong Yoo's drama, Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy (what a ridiculous title!). Is it any good?

blue_eyra

Post by blue_eyra » Aug 17th, '08, 19:13

I'm thinking about watching Gong Yoo's drama, Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy (what a ridiculous title!). Is it any good?
you better watch it! i bet, you gonna love the story! he is so cute there!

agu-chan:D

Post by agu-chan:D » Feb 2nd, '09, 22:10

exacly :D story is amazing and and he's soooo cute in this drama :wub:

frogzroklilypads

Gong Yoo and the Hotness!!!

Post by frogzroklilypads » Jul 2nd, '09, 02:39

Ohhhhhhh man, I seriously can't wait until he gets out of the military and gets back to acting!!!! Did you notice how much more ripped he got leading up to the military??? I can only imagine what he'll be like when he gets out. Hopefully, he'll keep acting, though. Two years isn't that long to take off!!!! :unsure:

algebra978

where are all the Mr Woo's fans?

Post by algebra978 » Jul 4th, '09, 15:22

It's so sad that no one's visiting this thread anymore... I mean 2006??? Come guys.... its been 3 yrs and no one bothered to update about his where abouts...

he'll be coming out from his military service anytime soon... so be ready

the last time that he was active, he starred in the series Coffee Prince watched it and you'll see his prowess in acting as well as in singing.. yes he sung in one of the scene....

it really gained him more popularity after the series came out...

I really miss him but our wait is almost over because he'll be back soon.....

:cheers:

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Jul 6th, '09, 13:48

i'm seeing Coffee Prince, he is awesome there....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 22nd, '10, 19:20

And he's back from military!!
See his first pics:

http://popseoul.com/2010/01/22/gong-yoo ... nd-bridge/

In fine shape indeed :wub:

ayumie123

Post by ayumie123 » Feb 3rd, '10, 11:48

any news of his new project? can't wait.. love him!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 4th, '10, 20:39

For now, he's done two photoshoots for magazines. No new drama on the line yet. But I keep watch, keke^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 10:50

New photoshoot with our eye-candy:

aility

Post by aility » Jul 13th, '10, 10:55

You found the thread before me ^^

His smile is SO CUTE!! I saw some episodes of Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy with him and Gong Hyo Jin, he was too adorable there. and funny that he would play a 19-years old when he was actually 26 at the time.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 10:57

Joo Ji Hoon played 19-yo when he was 25, so... KNG played older than himself, well, nothing's impossible, mehehe^^

But Gong Yoo played an older than himself in Coffee Prince, he was then 28, he played 30 yo.

aility

Post by aility » Jul 13th, '10, 11:04

28 and 30 is not that big of a difference though :P

But in Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy, the second male lead (whose name I have forgotten), he actually looked younger than gong Yoo, and he was supposed to be the uncle...

There have been a lot of young actors taking on roles where they are older, I think, because a lot of the more established actors went to the army or something.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 24th, '10, 07:46

I've just started downloading that... Hahaha, I heard he was really good in it... so I thought I'd give it a shot. Plus I really liked Gong Yoo in Coffee Prince, so I thought I'd allow myself to expand my Korean crushes to include Gong Yoo. Hahahaha.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 2nd, '10, 18:37

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 18:42

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Dec 2nd, '10, 22:31

I luuuurv me some Gong Yoo! I know it'll be a few months before the movie's out on DVD, but when that time comes, if anyone hears of a group subbing it, PLEASE let me know!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 13:34

Gong Yu was casted in the upcoming movie "Dogani" (a scene). The movie is based on a true story from Gangju where a man is appointed staff in a school for the hearing impaired and about the process of revealing the violence that was happening secretly in there.

Gong Yoo will play the role of the strong but manly teacher who tries to discover the corruption of the school for the hearing impaired and Jeong Yu-mi will play the assistant administrator to the Human Rights Movement Center, helping Gong Yoo.
(hancinema)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 16th, '11, 17:06

Finally someone has subbed Finding Mr. Destiny! I can't wait to watch it. Here is the YT movie link http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 2A377031CF
It's so good to see Gong Yoo back on screen. :lol :cheers:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 16th, '11, 17:27

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 23rd, '11, 17:46

Yep, Gong Yu and Jung Yumi just wrapped up filming Crucible and Im excited about this movie. It will be good to see Gong Yu on a more serious note...im just gonna have to look anywhere else besides his face because if i dont then I'll be in kyaa mode...:faint: and well it wont be a much of a serious movie after that. Havent seen anything from Jung Yumi...atleast I dont think so I dont know about her.

The Crucible is an adaptation of a bestselling novel by respected writer Gong Ji-young, which is in turn inspired by the story of a rape at a school for the deaf. (Dramabeans)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 23rd, '11, 18:16

Jung Yumi was in Que Sera Sera...and she really can pull off balancing between cold peace and hysteria.

buzzing

Post by buzzing » Jun 22nd, '12, 14:14

Oh! my...
He's so Hot
His New drama(Big/2012) so Great.

buzzing

Post by buzzing » Jun 22nd, '12, 14:54

Official photo from his New Drama.(Big)
Recomended to watching :cheers:
Attachments
IMG_2012.JPG (91.29 KiB) Viewed 10436 times
fullsizephoto239371.jpg (67.85 KiB) Viewed 10436 times
photo239412.jpg
photo239412.jpg (63.63 KiB) Viewed 10436 times

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Jun 23rd, '12, 22:12

I just found out about him. Well better late than never.
I am new to korean drama and already an addict.
I saw Coffee Prince and the six episodes of Big.
I am going to watch whatever I can find.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Aug 15th, '12, 06:19

Can I join the club of the addicted to Gong Yoo? I watched Coffee Prince and I am watching twice Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy, next on my list is Big. I hope to be able to stop soon... :cry:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 16th, '12, 23:16

I am never quite sure about Gong Yoo. I mean I like him. I also think he is a very fine actor. However what is this charm really? He is not super handsome and sometimes he even looks a little gauche. Then all of a sudden you see how compelling his appeal really is. He looks at you and you are putty in his aura. He is sure one sexy man and frankly I think I would be lost if I were a young woman spending any time with him. I realize I can only go by his acting and the roles he has played,,,. but I have seen his reality shots, and conversations and even the interviewers are somewhat overcome.
I am now rewatching Coffee Prince mainly for the lovely young man who died after the closing party and also for the Waffle Man. Love him so much. But Gong Woo is not to be ignored even tho he can't tell a girl from a boy. Seems he will take over no matter what.
Something about Gong Woo.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Oct 17th, '12, 06:56

yes Peggy, I can see what you mean here. I also ask myself what I find so great about him as in many ways he seems just like an ordinary person and probably this is what makes him interesting for me. Besides the fact that his smile is absolutely charming I am sure there are much more attractive Korean actors out there for eye candy, however his acting is very spontaneous and natural and I find him also funny which is not easy to achieve. I have never seen him in serious roles (I refuse to watch The Crucible for the subject that it deals with) where he seems to be also very good according to the reviews that I have read. I hope he gets to act in a highly rated action type drama soon (like City Hunter or K2H for example) as I am sure we would not be disappointed with his performance. By the way, I am also rewatching Coffee Prince with my 24 year old daughter who refused to watch Kdramas before this one. She is enjoying the story but is not so impressed by GY charms...we will keep him all to ourselves then...LOL!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 19th, '12, 06:51

Sunflower 8)

Happy to be a an admiration twosome for Gong Yoo. He really is a good actor. I have a feeling that the version of this Coffee Prince has some scenes cut. I seem to remember stuff that is not there. Unless it turns up later. He is funny and has a very masculine style. I think that is what makes that extra part of his chemistry in any role.
There were a couple of little touches where his expression reminded me of Takuya Kimura. That is amost unheard of for me to think anyone could be like him. It's something to do with the smile which you mentioned.