[Discussion] Love Generation

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Love Generation

Post by yanie » Sep 9th, '07, 15:34

I tried to find this dorama's thread, but couldn't find one. So I created this thread. I hope its okay.

Saturday, October 13th, 2007 will mark the 10th year anniversary of the airing of the first episode of Love Generation.

Love Generation all 11 episodes got a stable ratings of 28-32% when it aired on FujiTV, no less. With the very, very simple love story, it has unbelievably managed to captured the audience's hearts, due to Kimura Takuya and Matsu Takako's excellent acting and unbelievably perfect chemistry. On that year, people even looked and were asking the whereabouts of that Indian restaurant on the first floor of Teppei's apartement building, to find out that the Indian restaurant doesn't exist, its only a fictional place, set on the FujiTV's Shibuya studio^^

I think this dorama deserves a 10th Anniversary Tribute Video. So I plan to make one and I need ALL LoveGene's fans' help!! I need an answer from 100 LoveGene fans: What is your favorite scene in the dorama?

I'm gonna rank up BEST TEN FAVORITE SCENES in the video. And, I'll slip in some LoveGene promotions and behind the scenes too.

You may reply in this thread.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu :salut:
Last edited by yanie on Sep 20th, '07, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Sep 9th, '07, 18:51

Nice thread!

I love this drama it's my favourite romance drama (reserved for dramas I haven't seen ofc.). Almost every episode have at least one of those memorable misty eyes scenes and it's hard not to fall for Takako when she's such a sweetheart. It's also one of those drama where I don't forward the theme song.

I don't remember everything but I think I vote for the magic trick scene. It's a long scene cause it starts where she waits for Teppei to come home.

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Sep 9th, '07, 22:23

End of episode five with the electronic billboard confession and kiss after words, that is the most memorable romantic scene I've seen in any jdrama period.

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Sep 9th, '07, 23:11

You may want to put a SPOILER WARNING tag at the beginning of your post, even though this drama has been around long enough that most people interested in this drama have already seen it.

I was looking for a Love Generation discussion thread and was surprised there wasn't one I could find either. Coincidentally, I was just thinking about the tenth anniversary coming up as I was hoping that this drama would be rereleased on dvd. I'd definitely fork over the cash for a Region 2 release of Love Gen, as it's one of my top 3 dramas of all time!

I know many people will say that Long Vacation is the better drama when these two are compared. I saw both of them during their initial release, even though I saw Love Gen in RAW VHS format and although Long Vacation is also one of my favorite dramas of all time, but for different reasons, without comparing them, I prefer Love Gen more.

The drama has a rather simplistic plot and you can watch it with the idea of what 's going to ultimately happen in the end,but I never watched it with any sense of being bored.

The main criticism I hear about the drama is that Riko's character is annoying and childish ( actually, I found Mizuhara annoying but that's just me ), but near the end you understand that Riko knows all along that she's the way she is. With that acknowledgment I can accept her for the way she is.

Of course, Matsu Takako was great as this was first major role, after playing secondary characters in both Long Vacation and Hitotsu Yane no Shita 2.

As for your question, I think my favorite scene ( there are so many that I enjoy ) is in the final episode when Teppei wants to go to the mountaintop that Riko talked about earlier in the drama. That whole scene may seem cliched but I loved it!

Good luck with your tribute video! It's a great idea!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 12th, '07, 09:42

Thank youuu for the replies, minna!!!

Just some pics from the past ^_^

doramafreak

Post by doramafreak » Sep 12th, '07, 09:47

My favorite 2 scenes are:
the electronic billboard kiss scene, as well as the love hotel scene at the beginning

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 13th, '07, 01:41

Magicus wrote:End of episode five with the electronic billboard confession and kiss after words, that is the most memorable romantic scene I've seen in any jdrama period.
me too!!! It's the BEST scene ever!!!

Megumi@CS

Post by Megumi@CS » Sep 13th, '07, 02:10

I replied on the other forum but another one of my favorite scenes is when they are in the hot springs and the guy comes over and Teppei has to go under water! :tv:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 20th, '07, 14:17

More pics!!

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Sep 20th, '07, 14:56

Ah, I love Love Generation!

Hmmm... favourite scene...
When they're in bed together, and Teppei is talking about his brother, and Riko puts her arms around him and hugs him. It's just so comfortable and sweet.

I also like the scene where she sat in his apartment looking at the Christmas tree and waiting for him to come home. It was so sad.

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 21st, '07, 03:50

Am I the only one who hate his brother's fiance? (Kimura's ex girlfriend), she is very annoying.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 21st, '07, 11:26

fayewolf wrote:Am I the only one who hate his brother's fiance? (Kimura's ex girlfriend), she is very annoying.
hehe... she's MEANT to be an annoying role... coz she's the 3rd person^^ The first time I watched this, I hated her too. But after the umph-teenth time I watched this... I think Junna Risa (Sanae, Teppei's ex-girlfriend) is a good actress^^

Anyway... I've been rewatching this drama again, something I'd like to ask others' opinions...
I've read a comment saying that Riko is an irritating character, always jumps up in conclusions. But my opinion is... after she saw Teppei kissed Sanae that night...isn't it just something natural that she always jumps up to conclusion?
Who do you think is in fault here? Coz... in the end, Riko said too, that the one who she couldn't forgive is herself... she feels embarrassed with Teppei... coz she kept suspecting him....she don't have the face to meet him again.
However... I gotta say, Teppei made a big mistake too, for kissing Sanae. Why must he kissed her that night? Doesn't it mean he still had feelings for Sanae? I understand he might got carried away with the atmosphere... but at least just hug her. Kissing her, is just too much xD
Talking about Riko... there's a scene in HERO The Movie, where Kuryu(Kimura) and Amamiya(Matsu) bicker in a foodshop... Amamiya is drunk, and she talks EXACTLY like Uesugi Riko!!! haha... I was so surprised to see that, "Omg!! That's Riko!" xD And the bicker... reminded me a bit of Teppei-Riko's bickerings :lol I think they really should revive these roles again for this 10th anniversary. The matured Teppei and Riko...hmm... :roll

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Sep 23rd, '07, 14:11

I LOVE this drama!! Best Matsu/Kimu EVER!! the chemistry between them is just magic ^^

My favorites scenes...huum, there's so many!! I love Matsu character's personality... But I'll say
-The kisses scenes of course
-when she cuts his hair in the 1rst episode..SoOOO funny!!
-all Matsu's trick to turn Teppei into a fool (during the office reunion for example)
-when she writes that he's a big pervert with a permanent pen on his fridge XDD
-when he goes to her parents house ^^
Gosh, I love those two, and I really hope they made another romantic comedy together!! :wub:

bria333

Post by bria333 » Sep 27th, '07, 01:47

thanks so much for starting this discussion. I hadn't seen this dorama and all your postings made me start watching it. I am loving it!!! A classic I'm glad I'm finally getting to see.

So far I like the magic, the onsen and the billboard scene but I'm not finished yet.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 4th, '07, 15:04

Love Generation SP!
Size: 80 MB
Duration: 9 mins 53 secs
Link: clip 1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?wbmhfgiljwa
clip 2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?4wmkazrhazy
credits to nuralisya

The whole SP episode is 1 hour, but it was 80% just a recap of the series. I cut out the series recap. And so these are all the new footage in the SP episode, where Kimura and Matsu had a good talk about how they love each other. (haha!! I wish they said it FOR REAL!!!^v^)
Last edited by yanie on Nov 7th, '10, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 12th, '07, 15:15

Love Generation 10th Anniversary Tribute Video

Size: 179 MB
Duration: 52 mins 41 secs
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VX7R2NPK

Description: This video is made in the occasion of Love Generation's 10th Year. Contains mainly on Best 10 Scenes voted by the fans in this forum and other 2 forums. Aside of the 10 scenes, are the making of the drama (KimuraMatsu during filming breaks), KimuraMatsu interview in a morning program 10 years ago, their appearance in the Autumn SP Competition with other dramas' casts teams on the same season with LoveGene, snippets of LoveGene SP aired in 1998 and some other clips related to Love Generation. Not so much of a great quality video-convert though, sorry about that.

Enjoy!!
Last edited by yanie on Nov 7th, '10, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Oct 15th, '07, 01:16

That look like it took a lot effort yanie! I really enjoyed watching the whole thing, glad to see my favorite scene got #1,

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Oct 16th, '07, 17:56

Hi thanks for ur effort. I will watch it asap. But after i re-watch the series, don't wanna spoil it. :lol

tikklles

Post by tikklles » Dec 24th, '07, 04:37

i was looking around and landed here...love generation was a great sweet drama....i liked it alot...it was made ten yrs ago but still one of the best for me...

knuts

Post by knuts » Jan 4th, '08, 03:19

yanie wrote:Love Generation SP!
Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oo6u2t

The whole SP episode is 1 hour, but it was 80% just a recap of the series. I cut out the series recap. And so these are all the new footage in the SP episode, where Kimura and Matsu had a good talk about how they love each other. (haha!! I wish they said it FOR REAL!!!^v^)
yanie wrote:Love Generation 10th Anniversary Tribute Video

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1n74ph

Description: This video is made in the occasion of Love Generation's 10th Year. Contains mainly on Best 10 Scenes voted by the fans in this forum and other 2 forums. Aside of the 10 scenes, are the making of the drama (KimuraMatsu during filming breaks), KimuraMatsu interview in a morning program 10 years ago, their appearance in the Autumn SP Competition with other dramas' casts teams on the same season with LoveGene, snippets of LoveGene SP aired in 1998 and some other clips related to Love Generation. Not so much of a great quality video-convert though, sorry about that.

Enjoy!!
files are not available anymore :-(
anyone knows where else to get them? :unsure:

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 16th, '09, 12:44

I finally got this drama in higher quality (640x480).
I wanna see how many of you would like this version. Just to note, the runtime is different.
You could say that this is the cut version. I don't see that you would miss any vital scenes.
You could of course check that yourself if you have the "old" version.

Give me your comment/opinion!

Anyways, here's an image showing the differences.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Oct 16th, '09, 13:34

The thing with intensive dorama watching is the confused memory : I've got Love Generation, Long Vacation, Pride AND Beautiful Life all mixed up in my head.

And yes, this thread made me want to watch them all again.
Thanks.

>Moodilic : the higher resolution one looks blurry as hell.

knuts

Post by knuts » Oct 16th, '09, 15:51

Surely interested in better quality :-)

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 16th, '09, 22:32

Tadanga wrote:>Moodilic : the higher resolution one looks blurry as hell.
The smaller one actually isn't the real resolution. I re-encoded the smaller episode from 320x240 to 640x480 and cropped of the black borders and sharpened the image.
Which is why the smaller one looks sharper because I resized it to fit the original resolution which was uploaded (not entirely true as ep01 had the wrong AR; 360x240).

So what you call blurry I call high quality.
Let me make a real comparison when they are both aligned at resolution 640x480.
For example, take a look at the road sign, you can definitely see the text now.

Comparison image

ooyoo

Post by ooyoo » Oct 17th, '09, 00:55

I'm very interested!!! *^o^*

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Oct 17th, '09, 15:15

WOW, my bad !
The difference in quality is huge.
Sign me up for this too !!

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 17th, '09, 17:24

I have tell you that the runtime is different. Some things are cut out.
For example, ep01 (d-a version) has a runtime of 1:02:10,
the other version or ep01 has a runtime of 0:45:22.

Now, before you go apeshit over this (in case you really are), I believe in
quality over runtime, just in this case. I have only checked the beginning and
there are scenes that are "missing".
The bedroom scene for example is shorted down where you don't see him
come out of the shower... (you'll have to watch for the rest).

So the subs would have to be re-timed and checked again if anyone thinks
this is worth it.

You'll have to excuse my weird English at the moment.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Oct 17th, '09, 20:00

It seems like a DVD edit : they cut out just enough for the entire thing to fit on one DVD.
If that's the case, then they would only take out intermediary scenes with no relevance to the plot.
There are usually a lot of filler scenes to meet the demands of the actors or their managers to increase screen time.
Kimura Takuya has a notorious manager who is extremely demanding that way or she'll pull her talent off a project.

So, Moodilic, if this is a DVD rip, this may after all be a leaner version that may not satisfy idol worshipers but would do just fine for people interested in the story.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 17th, '09, 20:22

Tadanga wrote:It seems like a DVD edit : they cut out just enough for the entire thing to fit on one DVD.
If that's the case, then they would only take out intermediary scenes with no relevance to the plot.
There are usually a lot of filler scenes to meet the demands of the actors or their managers to increase screen time.
Kimura Takuya has a notorious manager who is extremely demanding that way or she'll pull her talent off a project.

So, Moodilic, if this is a DVD rip, this may after all be a leaner version that may not satisfy idol worshipers but would do just fine for people interested in the story.
Hehe, that's a funny thing, because there wasn't a DVD release of this drama and probably never will. It only exists on VHS with private collectors and store resellers.
So this would be classified as a VHS edit.
I'm also guessing the d-a version is the actual broadcast version.

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 17th, '09, 21:35

nice drama!

gaspode109

Post by gaspode109 » Nov 8th, '09, 10:33

I'd also be interested in that higher quality version. I'm sure once you put it online someone will adjust the subtitles for it. I might do it myself if the quality difference turns out to be worth it.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Nov 17th, '09, 01:48

I'm done uploading to a seedbox and my friend will help me seed once I have uploaded the torrent.
I'm going to explain in the uploader's post about the runtime differences.
I think many people want this vhs version and still keep the broadcast version for the missing scenes.
Look forward to it soon! :)

thisisajob

Post by thisisajob » Aug 8th, '10, 19:33

don't know if anyone is interested. but our charity garage sale received a copy of Love Generation - 5 disc DVD boxed set and rather than sell it for next to nothing I offered to try and find a good home for it at a reasonable price. If anyone is interested please contact me at craigz123@sbcglobal.net and thanks!
[/img]

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 7th, '10, 15:30

knuts wrote:

Enjoy!!
Hi there! I've re-uploaded the vids, please check the respective posts for the new links, I've edited them :-)

mischa_317

Post by mischa_317 » Nov 11th, '10, 15:39

yanie wrote:
knuts wrote:

Enjoy!!
Hi there! I've re-uploaded the vids, please check the respective posts for the new links, I've edited them :-)

i'm a big fan of this drama. would love to watch the SP, but the file is no longer available : ( my fan girl heart will forever be grateful to you if the file will be re-uploaded. :)

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Nov 11th, '10, 15:56

mischa_317 wrote:i'm a big fan of this drama. would love to watch the SP, but the file is no longer available : ( my fan girl heart will forever be grateful to you if the file will be re-uploaded. :)
First page at the bottom.

TimeCompression
Brazil

Post by TimeCompression » Nov 24th, '12, 03:38

can someone upload the Love Generation 10th Anniversary Tribute Video again?
thanks.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Nov 24th, '12, 13:50

TimeCompression wrote:can someone upload the Love Generation 10th Anniversary Tribute Video again?
thanks.
I have not tried any of them but try it if you want. Link: Re-Sharing KimuraMatsu FanVideos!

TimeCompression
Brazil

Post by TimeCompression » Nov 25th, '12, 03:47

Moodilic wrote:I have not tried any of them but try it if you want. Link: Re-Sharing KimuraMatsu FanVideos!
Thanks a lot for the link, as I'll definitely download the other KimuraMatsu fan-videos, but the link for the Love Generation Tribute Video on there is also broken (unfortunately it was uploaded on MU...).

Edit: Found mediafire links here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_17893_150.htm
Link
001: http://www.mediafire.com/?crezcfggtgy
002: http://www.mediafire.com/?fwxex1pye9t

fedex

Post by fedex » Nov 25th, '12, 05:47

TimeCompression wrote:
Moodilic wrote:I have not tried any of them but try it if you want. Link: Re-Sharing KimuraMatsu FanVideos!
Thanks a lot for the link, as I'll definitely download the other KimuraMatsu fan-videos, but the link for the Love Generation Tribute Video on there is also broken (unfortunately it was uploaded on MU...).

Edit: Found mediafire links here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_17893_150.htm
Link
001: http://www.mediafire.com/?crezcfggtgy
002: http://www.mediafire.com/?fwxex1pye9t
the link 002 isn't work ,can you please chect it :)

TimeCompression
Brazil

Post by TimeCompression » Nov 25th, '12, 13:37

fedex wrote:the link 002 isn't work ,can you please chect it :)
You are right, I posted in a hurry and I hadn't tested the second link...
If someone has the second part (or the full video) and can reupload it somewhere, I would really appreciated it.

fedex

Post by fedex » Dec 13th, '12, 14:46

does everyone know the themes song in the SP , i very like that song but i don't know the name of that song as i don't know japanese , can everyone help me :wub:

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 14:48

I love the songs here. I have them on my Zune but my Zune is dead. I will have to find my CD copy of the songs. I like "True True" and of course, Shiawase na Ketsumatsu.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 19th, '14, 10:35

17 years later and Uesugi Riko releasing her own version of the themesong.

News video:

Suzuki Masayuki and Matsu Takako recorded and will release the 2014 version of "Shiawase na Ketsumatsu" which original version was sung by Ohtaki Eiichi (who passed away last year) and the themesong of the legendary 1997 Japanese drama "Love Generation." starring SMAP's Kimura Takuya and Matsu Takako herself as Uesugi Riko, back then.

The song will be one of the tracks from Suzuki Masayuki's cover album "DISCOVER JAPAN II" released on September 10. However, before that, this song will be released online on August 27.

JackBauer2424

Re: [Discussion] Love Generation

Post by JackBauer2424 » Jun 6th, '15, 10:04

Those CAGNET songs are very good. Too bad can't find them on USA iTunes or Amazon.com.

Who is more adorable than Matsu Takako? "Teppei sukebe"

JackBauer2424

Re: [Discussion] Love Generation

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 16th, '15, 06:55

Best Buy has the soundtrack CD brand new cheap, made in Hong Kong. I would have guessed made in Japan. I also bought the Long Vacation soundtrack elsewhere.