Sad Love Story / Sad Love Song (MBC, 2005)

Discuss Korean drama series here.

How would you rate The Sad Love Story?

Life-Altering
38%
See it
41%
Probably shouldn't miss it
9%
Only if you have time
11%
STAY AWAY
1%

Total votes: 95

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Sad Love Story / Sad Love Song (MBC, 2005)

Post by Touya » Jan 3rd, '05, 06:54

The Sad Love Song (슬픈 연가)

Takes the timeslot of 'A Tropical Night in December'
First date of broadcast: Wednesday, January 5th, 2005
TV Station: MBC
Days aired: Wednesday/Thursday @ 9:55PM
From the director of 'All In' and 'Into the Storm' (BEST DRAMAS EVAR)

Note from Touya: Picked up by Korean Drama (http://www.kdrama.com/) !!! No touchie! rosie729 is the translator for this series. MV (subbed) coming soon!

Cast:

Kwon Sang-woo as Seo Joon-young/Choi Joon-gyu
Starred in: Into the Sunlight, Stairway to Heaven

Kim Hui-seon as Park Hye-in
Starred in: Good-bye My Love, Modest Lady

Yeon Jung-hoon as Lee Geon-woo
Starred in: Yellow Hankerchief, I'm Going To Love, Snow White
Last edited by Touya on Jan 9th, '05, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Jan 3rd, '05, 07:01

cant wait to see this great series :lol
btw just wondering, is rosie still doing stained glass?

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Jan 3rd, '05, 07:02

lolipss wrote:cant wait to see this great series :lol
She's on vacation until the 5th.

apples

Post by apples » Jan 3rd, '05, 10:58

another interesting drama! i seriously can't keep up with the releases these days. I wish time warner cable was available in our area... still stuck on dsl. arghh..

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Jan 3rd, '05, 11:57

thank you Touya, rosie and the rest of the KDrama crew for doing the subs for this series. can't wait to download this series.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 3rd, '05, 15:27

Wow, I didn't know KD's taking up this series. This is great! I wouldn't have been interested if not for the MV Touya uploaded.

gullybe

Post by gullybe » Jan 3rd, '05, 16:17

Touya wrote:
oooooh....so that means a lot of releases are coming up :D

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Jan 4th, '05, 02:34

gullybe wrote:
Touya wrote:
What makes you say that? She's having fun in Japan right now. :p

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Jan 5th, '05, 20:30

The.Sad.Love.Story.Ep01.2005.MBC.HDTVRip.XviD-LUXURY.avi

It's out~
*watches*

ed2k://|file|The.Sad.Love.Story.Ep01.2005.MBC.HDTVRip.XviD-LUXURY.avi|734609408|EECDE5CC587907E758626A3C7389A8C7|/

Enjoy.

gullybe

Post by gullybe » Jan 7th, '05, 18:43

Touya wrote:The.Sad.Love.Story.Ep01.2005.MBC.HDTVRip.XviD-LUXURY.avi

It's out~
*watches*

ed2k://|file|The.Sad.Love.Story.Ep01.2005.MBC.HDTVRip.XviD-LUXURY.avi|734609408|EECDE5CC587907E758626A3C7389A8C7|/

Enjoy.
You mean the raw version?

swtlylwun

Post by swtlylwun » Jan 9th, '05, 19:18

=( sorry to ask this... but how do you dl the ed2k links? :-( i think there's a program that lets you dl those links? am i correct?...

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jan 9th, '05, 19:25

swtlylwun wrote:=( sorry to ask this... but how do you dl the ed2k links? :-( i think there's a program that lets you dl those links? am i correct?...
The program's called Edonkey. Download this program and what you have to do is copy the links to a new window and then hit Enter. A window will pop up and you'll see the files are downloaded.

acettea7

hello

Post by acettea7 » Jan 12th, '05, 13:27

:wub:
Last edited by acettea7 on Sep 29th, '19, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Jan 12th, '05, 16:08

The Sad Love Story MV (English subtitles) due out tonight!

gullybe

Post by gullybe » Jan 14th, '05, 21:18

Touya wrote:
gullybe wrote:
Touya wrote:
What makes you say that? She's having fun in Japan right now. :p
I actually don't know why I said that :P

Anyways.... :D

albapeach

Post by albapeach » Jan 14th, '05, 21:53

i'm so so sad that song seung heon was dropped becuz of his military service ;_;
poor guy ToT
the exchange actor is not that good -0-

AutumnRain

Post by AutumnRain » Jan 16th, '05, 22:40

albapeach wrote:i'm so so sad that song seung heon was dropped becuz of his military service ;_;
poor guy ToT
the exchange actor is not that good -0-
:O i agree.... so does that mean the scenes they shot with him in it were reshot? :blink the mv has song seung heon... :-( i was looking forward to him not being in a kbs fall/summer series... :glare:

Sad_Sonata

Post by Sad_Sonata » Jan 17th, '05, 02:35

For those who can't use ED2k, is there any way to get the SS episode?

thanks for help me

oct_7

Post by oct_7 » Jan 18th, '05, 07:29

Hehehe, for me, I'm happy that he was dropped from the drama. It gave me one good reason to watch it. Hehehe.

wished that he didnt play in summer scent too. sigh.

Regards,

Ricky52

Post by Ricky52 » Jan 27th, '05, 16:18

I'm looking for english subs for this movie. Particularly Episodes 2-6. Anyone know where I can find it it? Any help is appreciated.

Chii

Post by Chii » Feb 3rd, '05, 23:21

^ Me too me too.. does anybody have any links to ones with Eng subs?
><; It's bad that I can't read Chinese or else I'd dl it.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Feb 4th, '05, 02:41

moved to kreview forum...

eLink

Post by eLink » Feb 7th, '05, 19:53

Me too, I am looking for the English sub. for this drama... Anyone knows please help... Thanks a lot.

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Feb 7th, '05, 20:18

Sad Love Story hasn't gone down the dreaded Korean Drama classics list yet--but there is a sign that it will very soon.

This might be a spoiler from ep. 5!!!, .........(text in white, highlight it)
but was anyone else disappointed with the aunt's new husband acting? When he starts becoming a drunk, abusive man in America? I am not sure if the drama is saying American military men are lying people who are sweet at first--but the aunt is at fault for not knowing the man she married, first of all. Hahaha, she looks stupid going all the way around the world to marry a man she hasn't gotten to know more than 3 or so months. Secondly, she never asked about his job position or house in New York.... Anyway, he is a HORRIBLE actor when he tries to have emotion, I really wish Korean casting directors would choose better non-Koreans (just because their Korean is good doesn't count).
//end spoiler of 5.

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Feb 8th, '05, 05:52

ummmmm...does anyone know where i can dl the episode for this drama??i just recenlty dl part 1 only...is there only part 1 for the momment or is there already out many more?please help me out..i like this drama.thanks in advance :-)

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Feb 8th, '05, 06:04

GAH!!! ITS COMING OUT!!!! WEE!!!! :lol

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Feb 8th, '05, 06:07

OOHHH MYYY GAAWWDD SON YEONG WHO (or whatever his name is keke cant remember names just faces) was DROPPPEEDD??!!!! like WTF ...the cast would've been PURRRFECT ....but geez...at least we still have kwang sang woo <-- Still a hottie lol
i'll have to check out the switched person

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 8th, '05, 06:07

Midnite84 wrote:ummmmm...does anyone know where i can dl the episode for this drama??i just recenlty dl part 1 only...is there only part 1 for the momment or is there already out many more?please help me out..i like this drama.thanks in advance :-)
Yes, only the first episode has been English subtitled, but Rockstar1o9 has been uploading the raw 350 MB LYON rips, so you can download those, or just wait for KDrama to release more.

Tai8318

Post by Tai8318 » Feb 8th, '05, 08:28

I have a question and rather than posting a new thread, i thought i wud put it in the discussion

as i watching the RAW for ep 5, i noticed the background music was Team's song 별 (Byul) and of course it was a remake.. since it sounds totally different and a lot more mature than the original.. but neway, is it on any of the OSTs.. I know i downloaded like a million OSTs for this drama from this site.. anyone know if the song is there? or if its not?

I really love that song, and Its cool he remade (considering i think he was in Team, right?)

thanks ^^

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Feb 21st, '05, 03:04

Jannah wrote:
Midnite84 wrote:ummmmm...does anyone know where i can dl the episode for this drama??i just recenlty dl part 1 only...is there only part 1 for the momment or is there already out many more?please help me out..i like this drama.thanks in advance :-)
Yes, only the first episode has been English subtitled, but Rockstar1o9 has been uploading the raw 350 MB LYON rips, so you can download those, or just wait for KDrama to release more.

ummmm no wonder i dl part 2 and theres no sub for it yet..it was in korean and i dun understand a thing!hehhee :lol :

well 1st of all..wut is RAW???? and where can i go to dl that 350 raw of mb lyons ripz thingy u say??? thanks :roll :

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Feb 21st, '05, 03:21

Midnite84 wrote:
Jannah wrote:
Midnite84 wrote:
well 1st of all..wut is RAW???? and where can i go to dl that 350 raw of mb lyons ripz thingy u say??? thanks :roll :
A "RAW" means a video that is in the original language--it does NOT have subtitles.

The 350 MB LYONS version is on D-addicts. Use the search button on the TORRENTS page, type in "sad love" and you will find it.

l7zhang

Post by l7zhang » Feb 23rd, '05, 23:13

I can't wait to watch this drama. If the males lead is any good, as he was in Stairway to Heaven, than this is bound to be a wonderful drama!!! :wub:

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Feb 25th, '05, 00:37

qoogirl wrote:
Midnite84 wrote:
Jannah wrote:
A "RAW" means a video that is in the original language--it does NOT have subtitles.

The 350 MB LYONS version is on D-addicts. Use the search button on the TORRENTS page, type in "sad love" and you will find it.

yayyyy!thank you so muchhh for ur help!hehehe :-) :lol

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Feb 25th, '05, 00:50

ohh... :-( *diappointed* i cant seem to find the subtitle for sad love story for episode 2-6????i type down wut u say but i cant find it.. :lol neways help me out anyone if u can..and btw ..just wondering..is sad love story out to episode 12????cuz i dunno where is the rest of the episode from 7-12???i swearrr i am lost in this forum..ahahah well thanks in advanceee.. :lol :-) :roll :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 25th, '05, 01:14

Midnite84 wrote:
Jannah wrote:
Midnite84 wrote:

yayyyy!thank you so muchhh for ur help!hehehe :-) :lol
I think I've been misquoted here. :roll :P

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Feb 26th, '05, 00:51

pleaseeee help me find or tell me where to dl the english subs for ths drama..from episode 2-up?????i dunno where to start and dunno if the english subs is already out???but thanks in advance :lol :P :-)

rosie

Post by rosie » Feb 26th, '05, 04:15

Midnite84 wrote:pleaseeee help me find or tell me where to dl the english subs for ths drama..from episode 2-up?????i dunno where to start and dunno if the english subs is already out???but thanks in advance :lol :P :-)
KD has not yet released Episode 2. :X

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Feb 27th, '05, 03:55

do u or does anyone know when it will be release all the subs from 2-up??????? :unsure: :-(

kona99

Post by kona99 » Feb 28th, '05, 06:42

This drama has a typical storyline. Despite its typical storyline, it's still very beautiful and worth-while drama series in that KSW and KHS did fantastic job in acting their roles, and its cinematography is absolutely great. This shouldn't be missed.
I had a hard time watching beginning episodes as there's nothing much happening as far as story goes and almost gave up on this series but later episodes(from about ep.8 ) get so much better and that's when you can easily see how marvelous the actings are. (especially by KSW and KHS). First, I had my doubts about KHS's acting ability but i know now that i was very wrong in judging beforehand.

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Mar 2nd, '05, 01:37

okayy..now would someone tell me where to get the english sub for this dramaaaa pleazeeeeeeeeeee! :lol :lol :-) :D :P :roll

jdw112

Post by jdw112 » Mar 2nd, '05, 01:48

II have the raws for this series, but I am trying to keep myself from watching them. I don't understand the language, but it usually doesnt matter anyway. I am dying for the subs for this series.... =(

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Mar 2nd, '05, 17:18

JUST SO EVERYONE WON'T KEEP ASKING!!!:

There is ONLY 1 hard-subbed episode of Sad Love Story. EPISODE 1 by Kdrama! It's not available here. GO TO WWW.KDRAMA.COM Do you people even read the rest of the posts before you ask a question?

THERE ARE NO SUBTITLES YET FOR EPISODE 2+ onward! Series take time to be subtitled in English for quality purposes. (Look at some Chinese subtitles, too fast to read or just awkward, even though they come out fast).

On that note...

The story isn't even all that. I am debating on whether or not to DL episode 13 still..........hahaha! :pale: [/b]

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Mar 2nd, '05, 23:54

hehee yeh i do read before i ask the qusetion but just wondering when the subs will be out thats all.. :lol: btw...wuts with taht site neways?theres no sub to dl?just torrents and i already dl the entired sad love story torrents from 1-12..please post up the rest for us if whomever got it..thanks in advance.. :-) :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 3rd, '05, 01:46

qoogirl, you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm getting rather peeved by these people who's been spamming the thread with their requests for subs over & over again.
Midnite84 wrote:hehee yeh i do read before i ask the qusetion but just wondering when the subs will be out thats all.. :lol: btw...wuts with taht site neways?theres no sub to dl?just torrents and i already dl the entired sad love story torrents from 1-12..please post up the rest for us if whomever got it..thanks in advance.. :-) :D
Midnite84, if you do actually read, you'd know that there are no subs to downloaded from KDrama because they do hard subs. Nobody has posted subs for episodes 2 onwards because they don't exist. If they do, they'd have been posted up already! Subtitles don't appear out of nowhere; they take time & effort to do, so just be patient & wait for them like everyone else is.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Mar 3rd, '05, 01:51

@Midnite84...
Stop spamming this thread with your question about the subs. :|

There might be hope, since KBFD will start airing this drama soon.

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Mar 3rd, '05, 20:54

heeh aightyyy! just curious thats all and imma waitt..eventhough i am impatient but that wont do nething..hahaah..thanks all! :lol :lol :D :-) :P :roll

SwtNamMi

Post by SwtNamMi » Mar 7th, '05, 20:49

:lol yea i cant wait to see this one, Stairway to Heaven was soo good i hope this one is as equally good or better... keep up the good work i give u guys props that do this ^^

swtasnbell

Post by swtasnbell » Mar 7th, '05, 20:53

wow .. it's been so long since i've seen a kim hee sun drama! :) i hope she plays a diff role from her usual but it doesn't seem like she will be since the title is 'a sad love story' :lol

- s

SwtNamMi

Post by SwtNamMi » Mar 8th, '05, 21:46

I jus saw the first episode and it was really cute. cant wait to see the rest. i was jus wonderin how many episodes r there in this series.

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Mar 8th, '05, 22:54

theres 20 episodes in this movie i guess..heheeh not sure yet but the drama is gettting good later on..ezcept theres no english subs for epsidoe 2-end yet..but imma waittt...heheh newaysss i am still watching STH. :lol

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jun 2nd, '05, 22:47

SwtNamMi wrote::lol yea i cant wait to see this one, Stairway to Heaven was soo good i hope this one is as equally good or better... keep up the good work i give u guys props that do this ^^
If you like STH then youll absolutely love this one...

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 27th, '05, 20:50

sorry for posting without reading this thread but I haven't finished watching Sad Love Story yet and I don't wanna read something I shouldn't read before finishing the series :P

anyway, I'm just wondering what's the name of this cute actor. he has a small role in this series and I can't find his name.

Image <-- spoiler in subs :lol had to cut it out..

*poof*GONE

Post by *poof*GONE » Jun 29th, '05, 23:29

i've just started watching this drama, but so sad that i'm watching the dubbed one in hmong which stinks because i hate the voices.ARGH.but i'm looking forward to this drama to come out so i can buy it!!!! YES! 8)

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jul 25th, '05, 12:00

The little boy looks like So Ji-seob.. lolz

monalisa

Post by monalisa » Jul 26th, '05, 03:25

Thank you Touya for sub SLS. It's one of a great TV drama.

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Aug 8th, '05, 23:20

<3 this drama

entice_me

sad love story songs?

Post by entice_me » Aug 8th, '05, 23:38

where can i download the songs to the sad love story? also, does anyone know if there are any music sheets for the songs available for download too? thanks.

entice_me

sad love story songs?

Post by entice_me » Aug 8th, '05, 23:44

where can i download the songs to the sad love story? also, does anyone know if there are any music sheets for the songs available for download too? thanks.

entice_me

sad love story songs?

Post by entice_me » Aug 9th, '05, 00:07

xl0lxl0lx

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Aug 10th, '05, 04:42

I just finished this series. As the title suggests, it's soooo sad. I normally don't cry watching movies. I can't remember the last time I did. But with this movie I cried so many times, a few times I was completely sobbing. Everytime I saw Kwon Sang Woo cry I couldn't help but cry too. I. At first I thought Kwon Sang Woo was just hot because in some other movies he's not too emotional (I haven't seen Stairway to Heaven yet), but after watching this movie I think he's a great actor. I didn't care too much for the lead actress, but none the less I think it's become my new favorite drama.

Michelle_Wongie84

What do u guys think of Sad Love Story?Whats it about?

Post by Michelle_Wongie84 » Aug 11th, '05, 00:34

My friend recommended me to download Sad Love Story.He said its a really good series and worth watching.Is it a real tear jerker? :-(

Was gona download it but I went on torrent search and the list of Sad Love Story series came up but there wasn't any Sad Love Story Episode 1 can anyone explain why this is?

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 11th, '05, 00:43

Michelle_Wongie84 wrote:Was gona download it but I went on torrent search and the list of Sad Love Story series came up but there wasn't any Sad Love Story Episode 1 can anyone explain why this is?
Read the post for episode 2 of Sad Love Story because there's a link to episode 1.
Last edited by yt_toshi on Aug 11th, '05, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

xl0lxl0lx

Re: What do u guys think of Sad Love Story?Whats it about?

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Aug 11th, '05, 00:52

Michelle_Wongie84 wrote:My friend recommended me to download Sad Love Story.He said its a really good series and worth watching.Is it a real tear jerker? :-(

Was gona download it but I went on torrent search and the list of Sad Love Story series came up but there wasn't any Sad Love Story Episode 1 can anyone explain why this is?
OMG you have to watch it. It is so good. It's now my favorite korean drama. Yeah it is a tear jerker. I've never cried so much before and I usually never cry watching movies. I don't know if you like sad movies but you should watch this anyways.

georgeyklee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by georgeyklee » Aug 11th, '05, 00:56

not that great drama. but great cast couple..

MOrgil

Post by MOrgil » Aug 11th, '05, 03:11

I'm on episode 7 right now, I liked it so far. The movie is sad the moment it starts, lol

xl0lxl0lx

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Aug 11th, '05, 03:13

it gets sadder (or more sad?)

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 11th, '05, 10:56

I think the most tear-jerking drama I've ever seen was I'm Sorry I Love You. A very tragic story...

But this one, Sad Sonata / Sad Love Story is, like winter sonata, glossy! It's got great scenary, music and production quality. The characters are pretty intense, and the writing is fairly sound. But... it's not the greatest drama, and I don't really find it a tear-jerker much at all. Intense, yes, tear-jerking no. Probably becauase I've seen a lot of tear-jerking stuff, and this just doesn't stand up to them so it doesn't ... hmm.. affect me as much? So that doesn't mean many other people wont enjoy it :) I do like it though! I can say though that I waited for the subs for what seemed like forever, and once they started "coming out of the woodwork" I was like.. "YES!!" shouting out loud ;)

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Aug 19th, '05, 23:10

okayy enuff said cuz this drama is one good one to describe..a must watch..its next to STH kinda movie but i really like the music bg and stuff in this drama..neway anyone know where or whom clubbox's user i can dl from?cuz i've totally lost all this drama since my computer have to reformat and i lost everything...how sadddd T_T thanks alot in advance. ..btw i need the epi thats already hardsub.

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Sep 10th, '05, 01:49

wow i just finished watching it on wednesday. cried alot during hte last episode.... i cant believe wat happened...... =/ n e wayz i love kwon sang woo, hes sooooooooo freakin hot! but even if he wasnt, its still a great drama :] good plot and intresting characters. and best of all a great OST! she really sings wow :O

L- is for the way u look at meeeeeee
o- is for the only one i cccccccc
v- is very very extraordinary
e- is even more than anyone that you adore :]

du da du! i love u kwon sang woooooooo xD

Lynn Minmei

Post by Lynn Minmei » Sep 11th, '05, 22:46

such a great drama. one of my favorite kdrama. a ver very real tearjerker. i dont think i can do what joon young did to his friend. btw, i have all tvrips by sars. anyone with higher quality for this drama in their clubbox?

ml_heart

Post by ml_heart » Sep 17th, '05, 13:07

haven't seen it yet but I'm a big fan of Kwon Sang Woo!!!! Hope to DL it soon! :heart:

Katsandrya

Post by Katsandrya » Nov 4th, '05, 01:05

Hello all !

I have a stupid question to ask, but it'll help me a lot to understand this serie I've just started to watch (well already at ep 10 and I think I'll continue after this post, watching it :) )

Why Seo Joon-young/Choi Joon-gyu has two different names ???? :scratch: maybe I didn't payed enough intention :pale: , so if anyone here can explain me, I'll be really grateful ! :thumright:

Thanx a lot in advance !

Kats

xl0lxl0lx

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Nov 4th, '05, 06:37

Katsandrya wrote:Hello all !

I have a stupid question to ask, but it'll help me a lot to understand this serie I've just started to watch (well already at ep 10 and I think I'll continue after this post, watching it :) )

Why Seo Joon-young/Choi Joon-gyu has two different names ???? :scratch: maybe I didn't payed enough intention :pale: , so if anyone here can explain me, I'll be really grateful ! :thumright:

Thanx a lot in advance !

Kats
After Joon-young moves in with his dad (the scene on the rooftop), his dad changes his name to Choi Joon-kyu.

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Nov 30th, '05, 19:55

i have got to watch this.. its the movie where the poster has people crying happily right?

eternal_dragon_666

Post by eternal_dragon_666 » May 18th, '06, 06:19

hahaha, just finished the series (about a year late). :lol
And i must say, I would've preferred a happier ending. I know sad endings are what leaves a lasting impression on the audience, but after all those tear-jerking moments throughout the series, why couldn't they just end off on a happy note? Other than that, the actors/actresses were amazing, and I loved the singing by all the actors/actresses.