Golden Bride (SBS, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
sabriyahm

Golden Bride (SBS, 2007)

Post by sabriyahm » Jul 29th, '07, 14:09

Just started watching this show and I like it so I started this thread.

Wiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Golden_Bride

I'm only up to episode 8 but I really hope the main actresses acting improves later on. She is so earnest and she bobbles her head so much. Plus she cries at least once an episode. It really annoys me. I actually don't care about her story line at all. I am more concerned with the two sisters lives.

UPDATE: I finished it. All 64 episodes! Well it had a tendency to drag a bit and the female lead was not the best actress. She overly emotted throughout most of the show though there was some improvement. Overall the show was good. However I don't think I will watch another super long Kdrama for a very long time. This was a little too much like a standard soap opera. Plus by the end some of the characters really got on my last nerve (Young Soo).
Last edited by sabriyahm on Feb 15th, '08, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.

thislove

Post by thislove » Sep 19th, '07, 05:03

Yeah, my first impression of the main actress wasn't good but after watching for 21 eps. I really like her. I just hope in the end JJ and JW ends up happy, no sad ending. I agree, the two sisters adds laughter to the drama and I really like the aunt. She is so funny.

nophankh

Re: GOLDEN BRIDE (SBS, 2007)

Post by nophankh » Sep 19th, '07, 05:17

sabriyahm wrote:Just started watching this show and I like it so I started this thread.

Wiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Golden_Bride

I'm only up to episode 8 but I really hope the main actresses acting improves later on. She is so earnest and she bobbles her head so much. Plus she cries at least once an episode. It really annoys me. I actually don't care about her story line at all. I am more concerned with the two sisters lives.
yea, I can stand her either. She freaking annoys the living **** out of me.

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Sep 19th, '07, 05:21

i'm hoping the main lead actress will get better too, she is really annoying right now...but her husband is HOT! LOL...

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Sep 19th, '07, 11:34

After watching 21 episodes I see no real improvement in her acting and tendency to bobble her head for emphasis. I still have more interests in the sisters story lines. I also have a lot of symypathy for JW's ex. I really wonder why she got married since she wants to work herself. Bad life decisions on her part.

miyukigrg

Post by miyukigrg » Sep 24th, '07, 07:23

I have just started watching this drama.boy ! 50 eps is a very long one.my song chang ui looked so cute.well the leading actress is imroving day by day.

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Sep 24th, '07, 11:29

miyukigrg wrote:I have just started watching this drama.boy ! 50 eps is a very long one.my song chang ui looked so cute.well the leading actress is imroving day by day.
Huh maybe by the time the show ens she will be half way decent. Of course by then it will be too late. I will say this drama if it is at all realistic (and it may not be as it it's TV) makes me think Korea is a great deal more conservative and patriarcal then I ever thought. The feminist in me really feels for Yu jin. She has a terrible mother in law

tha1

Post by tha1 » Sep 25th, '07, 02:02

I'm on episode 22 now and I'm like the overall story so far. Yes! song chang ui is the one that has kept me around....But I can't wait to see the pieces of the puzzle fit into place. I think the story going to unfold pretty soon....

cookieremix

Post by cookieremix » Sep 26th, '07, 00:58

haha i need to get caught up on this drama Dx
but i've been busy downloading other files.
since there's been a lot of new dramas coming out lately....
but kim heechul is in this!~ <33 haha XD
which is basically why im watching it in the first place..
and because it has an interesting storyline, of course ;D

miyukigrg

Post by miyukigrg » Sep 26th, '07, 06:15

well this drama focus on the true happining in vietnam.well my best friend nearly got married to a korean farmer.thank god she refused him.but her cousins got married with a korean farmer.she is facing a lot of difficult.each time she come to nepal she cries a lot & he deosn't even give her a divorce.each time i watch this drama it remind me of her.

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Sep 26th, '07, 11:36

Its funny to me that people are watching this for song chang ui and kim hee chul. I don't think any of the male characters are all that cute.

pmhyns

Post by pmhyns » Sep 30th, '07, 17:30

This is one of the first KDramas that I started watching, this one and Coffee Prince over the summer.

I am really enjoying this one, and yes, Jinju's character is a little annoying, and I have to say the constant flashbacks that JunWoo keeps having is a little cheesy :roll , but I have to say I am hooked.

I know in the description that it says that Sai Mei gets pregnant out of wedlock, I am wondering when in the drama that is actually going to happen..... l

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Sep 30th, '07, 20:12

pmhyns wrote:
I know in the description that it says that Sai Mei gets pregnant out of wedlock, I am wondering when in the drama that is actually going to happen..... l
I'd say they will figure out their parents ar enemies by episode 30. And then they will be busy trying to get pregnant so they can be married. Thats how it will play out. Or at least that's how it plays out in most Kdramas.

I agree about flashbacks but it's a good way to burn minutes without shooting new footage so I forgive them for that. They are on a tight shooting schedule.

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Oct 2nd, '07, 14:55

I am debating whether or not to upload this series to D-addicts. It's so huge I won't be keeping it on my harddrive so in a few months i won't be able to seed it. On the other hand it might help for those who don't use clubbox (which everyone should because it's by far the fastest easiest method.) What do you think?

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 4th, '07, 20:05

sabriyahm wrote:I am debating whether or not to upload this series to D-addicts. It's so huge I won't be keeping it on my harddrive so in a few months i won't be able to seed it. On the other hand it might help for those who don't use clubbox (which everyone should because it's by far the fastest easiest method.) What do you think?
it's a nice idea & it'll help a lot of people who can't use CB.. :thumleft:

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Oct 4th, '07, 22:31

arabian wrote:
sabriyahm wrote:I am debating whether or not to upload this series to D-addicts. It's so huge I won't be keeping it on my harddrive so in a few months i won't be able to seed it. On the other hand it might help for those who don't use clubbox (which everyone should because it's by far the fastest easiest method.) What do you think?
it's a nice idea & it'll help a lot of people who can't use CB.. :thumleft:
I think I am going to do it in two big batches. 1-25 and then 26-50. But not for a few weeks cause right now I'm seeding the KOSTM and because its not a batch it's killing my bandwith

mq1986

Post by mq1986 » Oct 23rd, '07, 20:30

Can anyone tell me what happens in Episode 17--that's the only episode I've missed, and it seems like a LOT happened in it. Because in 16, Jun Woo isn't so hot on Jin Joo, and then in 18, he's saying he loves her. So...if anyone can give me a heads up on that, I'd really appreciate it.

pmhyns

Post by pmhyns » Dec 5th, '07, 00:06

I have to say that I am really loving this series!!! And I just noticed on the Drama Wiki Page that its been extended from 50 episodes to 70 episodes!!! :cheers: :mrgreen: Yay for more Golden Bride!!!

I really like Jin Joos character, I can see how much she has grown from the first episode, same as Jun Woo, they look so cute together as a couple and I love how much they are in love now :wub: I can't wait to see how it ends, its getting exciting :)

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » Jan 18th, '08, 20:55

Can someone tell me how this drama is? I know it's really long so I am debating if I want to start on it?

snowangel414

Post by snowangel414 » Feb 2nd, '08, 05:07

Ok Ji Young wife of young Ming can't act!! My gosh when she cries, I just crack up.. she looks hilarious. As for Jin Joo, i think she overacts. She makes too much facial expession when she talks. Her husband Kang Jun Woo.. woa... he sure shows another side of acting of his. I never knew if to be in the gentle calmer side. The drama 101 proposal drama showed otherwise.

The drama so far drags here and there but nevertheless I still want to see how the ending goes.

pinklover27

Post by pinklover27 » Feb 11th, '08, 06:05

swtaznangel530 wrote:Can someone tell me how this drama is? I know it's really long so I am debating if I want to start on it?
it's a great drama actually...i don;t really have the patience to watch such a long drama, but i really liked this one...sure, there are some parts that drag you a bit..but overall it's quite realistic and you can really see the development of each character..great acting also!!!

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Feb 15th, '08, 00:41

I finished it. All 64 episodes! Well it had a tendency to drag a bit and the female lead was not the best actress. She overly emotted throughout most of the show though there was some improvement. Overall the show was good. However I don't think I will watch another super long Kdrama for a very long time. This was a little too much like a standard soap opera. Plus by the end some of the characters really got on my last nerve (Young Soo).

pullen

Post by pullen » Feb 15th, '08, 01:01

I was somewhat dissapointed at the ending...but all in all it was a decent drama. Took forever to watch, now I feel like I'm missing something since its not around anymore. :0(

chanistar

golden bride with english subs

Post by chanistar » Mar 12th, '08, 12:43

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where i can downlaod the golden bride series with english subs? D-addicts only has the raw version

Thanx :-)

sabriyahm

Re: golden bride with english subs

Post by sabriyahm » Mar 12th, '08, 12:47

chanistar wrote:Hi guys,

Does anyone know where i can downlaod the golden bride series with english subs? D-addicts only has the raw version

Thanx :-)
Get the raws from d-addicts and then get the subs from the subtitle thread. It shouldn't be hardsubbed anywhere as WITH S2 strictly forbids it. Read the FAQ and it will explain. The raws and subtitle file are all you need.