Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
a03

Post by a03 » Sep 17th, '07, 15:38

eternalblue81 wrote: Two good comedic school dramas from this season that are just wrapping up with their last episodes I'd recommend are Yamada Taro Monogatari and Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Hana Kimi) Japanese version.
thx

Gregoir

Post by Gregoir » Sep 17th, '07, 16:41

Babyitshind wrote: So if anyone can recommend shows like Gokusen, Hana yori dango, smiling pasta, it would be nice.. and doesnt matter what language its in because I follow by subs!
I would recommend the Korean show NonStop 4, there's a link on D-Addicts somewhere for direct downloads with subs, it's like Saved By The Bell in South-Korea for young people, I like it :)
Stand Up !! is nice too, and it has some of the actors from Hana Yori Dango and Gokusen :)

And the best show this season IMO is Hotaru no Hikari! So sweet and funny!

Hiapo

Post by Hiapo » Sep 17th, '07, 18:12

At the moment, I am searching for a romantic drama for adults, without that whole comedy-thing.
I dunno, but I don't like the humour in japanese dramas, but I LOVE dark and sad dramas like LIFE or One Litre of Tears.
Hope someone can recommend something.

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Sep 18th, '07, 16:19

Hiapo wrote:At the moment, I am searching for a romantic drama for adults, without that whole comedy-thing.
I dunno, but I don't like the humour in japanese dramas, but I LOVE dark and sad dramas like LIFE or One Litre of Tears.
Love Generation!

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Sep 19th, '07, 01:38

Hiapo wrote:At the moment, I am searching for a romantic drama for adults, without that whole comedy-thing.
A million star falling from sky

Hiapo

Post by Hiapo » Sep 19th, '07, 15:14

Thanks to both of you.
I put them on my list. :lol

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 19th, '07, 15:46

I need recommendation guys!!

Hmm... I should tell you what I don't want to see: No more high school dramas, i mean they are cute and fun, but I've watched Gokusen, HYD, MYMH all in a roll, so I'm done with them for a bit. No tear jerkers, I was depressed for like a week after watching 1 liter of tears, I even cried at engine (don't want to write spoilers here but you know which episode I'm talking about if you watched it!!!) I know this maybe a stretch, but I prefer a drama that doesn't have "bad guys" in it that you want to smack them to death.

Drama that I watched:
Nodame Cantabile (Love classical music, love the story!!)
My Boss my hero (funny!!)
Kuitan (funny!!, love food related drama)
Love Generation (enjoyed, but wished his brother's fiance wasnt in it, she's annoying)
Long Vacation (perfect story, perfect pace, perfect everything, my FAV)
Gokusen1/2: Good, funny
HYD: Good
Little Chef: Another one of my favorite!
Yamato Nadeshiko (I love Matsushima Nanako, and this story is cute, happy ending, love)
Bijo ka Yajuu (beauty and the beast)(news anchor drama, i love this one too)
News no onna (not talked much here, another newsroom drama, very nice)
1 Liter of Tears: I kid you not, this drama made me cried so much that I must not watch another tear jerkers for a LONG time
Engine: I love Kimura, so must see for me, i don't like kids, but the kids in this story warmed my heart, love the story
Gift (I never heard of this old drama talked about here, but I really enjoy this one as well)
Hero: Kimura-kekkoi desu ne, story is okay
Good Luck: Really enjoyed
Narita rekon: Very funny
Operation Love (Very good!!!)

On my list to watch:
Kuitan2
Iryu
Karei naru Ichizoku (I'm worried about the ending because someone said they cried their eyes out, so debating if i should watch it)
Kekkon dekinai no otoko (finishing up, really like)
Densha otoko (not sure about this one i won't sympathize with the lead actor)

I probably missed alot of it, but i tried my best.... so, any suggestions?
I guess anything light hearted, i don't mind romantic comedy unless it has sad ending or involves love triangle
Serious drama is good as well!!

Thanks!! sorry for the LONG post!

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Sep 19th, '07, 19:26

fayewolf wrote:I guess anything light hearted, i don't mind romantic comedy unless it has sad ending or involves love triangle
If you haven't seen this drama:

Konya Hitori no Beddo De

I would grade it 9/10. It's serious and hooks quickly. It also have funny moments without trying to be.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Konya_Hitori_no_Beddo_De

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Sep 19th, '07, 22:13

fayewolf wrote:I need recommendation guys!!

Hmm... I should tell you what I don't want to see: No more high school dramas, i mean they are cute and fun, but I've watched Gokusen, HYD, MYMH all in a roll, so I'm done with them for a bit. No tear jerkers, I was depressed for like a week after watching 1 liter of tears, I even cried at engine (don't want to write spoilers here but you know which episode I'm talking about if you watched it!!!) I know this maybe a stretch, but I prefer a drama that doesn't have "bad guys" in it that you want to smack them to death.

Karei naru Ichizoku (I'm worried about the ending because someone said they cried their eyes out, so debating if i should watch it)

I guess anything light hearted, i don't mind romantic comedy unless it has sad ending or involves love triangle

Yes I cried my eyes out at the end of Karei naru Ichizoku but you will not regret watching the series!! Its up there with the all time best!!!

I'll suggest Top Caster and Last Christmas...no bad guys, no high school...good endings...both comfortable feeling dramas!! Oh and also Joudan Ja Nai...no long triangles in my recommendations!

Also I'm currently watching Hotaru no Hikaru...its GREAT!! But subs are not complete for the series so add it to your list but don't start watching yet cos its so painful to wait!!

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Sep 19th, '07, 22:26

Dont forget to watch LIFE..its really really a good drama..
and also Papa to Musume no nanokan...hillarious...

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Sep 19th, '07, 22:36

hey i'm looking for a dark romance! i've already seen byakuyakou and a million stars falling from the sky and i just luved thme!! i've also seen kou kou kyoushi. but other than that i can't seem to think of any other dark romances to watch

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Sep 20th, '07, 13:37

kawaiimomo wrote:hey i'm looking for a dark romance! i've already seen byakuyakou and a million stars falling from the sky and i just luved thme!! i've also seen kou kou kyoushi. but other than that i can't seem to think of any other dark romances to watch
First what came to my mind is nemureru mori ... maybe it's too similar to milion stars though :)

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Sep 20th, '07, 14:07

fayewolf wrote:I need recommendation guys!!!
You could try Satorare, funny, no real bad guy and no love triangle
Medaka is nice too, except it's a high school story (though a night high school one so with adults mainly)
kawaiimomo wrote: hey i'm looking for a dark romance! i've already seen byakuyakou and a million stars falling from the sky and i just luved thme!! i've also seen kou kou kyoushi. but other than that i can't seem to think of any other dark romances to watch
Koori no sekai could fit. But it's still being subbed, only half way done for now.

japysia

Post by japysia » Sep 20th, '07, 14:24

fayewolf wrote:I need recommendation guys!!

Hmm...

I'd recommend:
-Star no Koi http://www.jdorama.com/drama.583.htm
-Satorare http://jdorama.com/drama.706.htm
-Pride http://jdorama.com/drama.802.htm
:thumright:

japysia

Post by japysia » Sep 20th, '07, 14:26

kawaiimomo wrote:hey i'm looking for a dark romance! i've already seen byakuyakou and a million stars falling from the sky and i just luved thme!! i've also seen kou kou kyoushi. but other than that i can't seem to think of any other dark romances to watch
Taiyo no Kisetsu
M no Higeki
Koori no Sekai (Ice World)
Cheap Love
Majo no Jouken
Nemureru Mori
Keizoku
Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake
Love 2000
Aoi Tori

hana~jk

Post by hana~jk » Sep 20th, '07, 14:48

mizune wrote: My personal opinions aside, here are a few that seem to have good histories in transitioning ppl between K to Jdrama...
Romantic Comedies:
Orange Days
Proposal Daisakusen / Operation Proposal
Hana Yori Dango
Long Vacation
thanks mizune.....

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 20th, '07, 17:25

Minna san, thank you for all your replies!

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Sep 20th, '07, 22:54

WOW thanks everyone really appreciate it!!! :-) :D

kame101

Something similar to Kekkon Dekinai

Post by kame101 » Sep 21st, '07, 08:08

Can anyone recommend a drama that is similar to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko? I just love the dry humour and the cute pug tops it off for me....I've already seen Trick...which was brilliant also .
Thanks
Kamero

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 21st, '07, 15:16

Are there any doramas that has alot of martial art in it? Karate, taekwondo, judo?

I am downloading Aijou Ippon, i hope it features alot of Judo, i love martial arts.

Thanks!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 21st, '07, 18:09

martial arts is usually not a evening dorama theme, you tend to see more of it in the Taiga dorama

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 21st, '07, 19:16

auroragb wrote:martial arts is usually not a evening dorama theme, you tend to see more of it in the Taiga dorama
Sorry, what is Taiga??

groink

Post by groink » Sep 21st, '07, 19:19

fayewolf wrote:
auroragb wrote:martial arts is usually not a evening dorama theme, you tend to see more of it in the Taiga dorama
Sorry, what is Taiga??
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/DramaWiki:Glo ... erms#Q_-_T

Tananda

Post by Tananda » Sep 23rd, '07, 00:24

Hello! I have a very wide taste in dramas- I tend to judge shows off how strong their cast is.

So I'm looking for recommendations based on popularity instead of theme- are there any shows that I absolutely must see because they have such a big fanbase?

I know Kurosagi and Hana Yori Dango both have movies coming out because of how well they were received.

hana~jk

Post by hana~jk » Sep 23rd, '07, 06:48

I couldn't find orange days english subtitle.. can someone tell me whr I can get it??? thanks...

groink

Post by groink » Sep 23rd, '07, 06:57

hana~jk wrote:I couldn't find orange days english subtitle.. can someone tell me whr I can get it??? thanks...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_43183.htm

beertax

Post by beertax » Sep 25th, '07, 03:21

I've chckeed out most of the top 50 dramas posted jdorama.com, but the only ones I really liked were Pride, Orange Days, and Sekai no Chuushin. I think I like dramas that are mostly serious, mature, intense, and ultimately inspirational.

I don't like dramas with a lot of japanese humor, and I don't like dramas which are there just to cast kawai guys.

So can any1 recommend some dramas for me? I am particularly interested in dramas including and after 2006 since most of the top 50 dramas were before 2006. Much appreciated.

lilsushi213

Post by lilsushi213 » Sep 25th, '07, 03:26

I loved Hana Yori Dan'go 1 & 2 and Itsumo Futari De. Nobuta wo Produce was cute! *kon* :)
The ones about disease... 1 Litre of Tears and Taiyou no Uta are good. Short and gets to the point. I think they really teach you to appreciate life.
Last edited by lilsushi213 on Oct 21st, '07, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 25th, '07, 16:08

beertax wrote:I've chckeed out most of the top 50 dramas posted jdorama.com, but the only ones I really liked were Pride, Orange Days, and Sekai no Chuushin. I think I like dramas that are mostly serious, mature, intense, and ultimately inspirational.

I don't like dramas with a lot of japanese humor, and I don't like dramas which are there just to cast kawai guys.

So can any1 recommend some dramas for me? I am particularly interested in dramas including and after 2006 since most of the top 50 dramas were before 2006. Much appreciated.
I kinda agree with you. The popular ones here are mostly japanese humor like My boss my hero etc...or with alot of pretty boys.

Have you seen iryu ? That one is pretty good, although i haven't finished yet. I also liked Gift (kimura's drama), but it's not popular here at all, it's also an older one.

My little chef is also very nice.

cutina124

please RECOMMEND ME

Post by cutina124 » Sep 26th, '07, 15:34

I need help. I have seen so many J-darama's and am need of reccomendations. I need non run of the mill drama's but that still have some attractive people in it. I'm not shallow I just hate watching really boring people on TV.
Right now I am watching Love revolution and Liar game.
I have seen:
1. nobuta wo produsu
2. sos
3. taiyou no kisetsu
4. taiyou no uta
5. 1 litre of tears
6. stand up
7. kurosagi
8. remote
9. ace no...
10. attention please
11. nodame cantiable
12. First Love-hate the guy in it
13. sapuir
14. anego
15. The series with 4 parts each season, first season with aya ueto something about angel in the title... X__x
16. Dragon Zakura
17. Hana yori Dango 1 and 2
18. kimi wa petto
19. Sleeping forest
20. and more X__x
I want to know about some of the non main stream dramas with good plots. I like older drama's as well. I want to know about love revolution, takky drama's and I don't really like sport drama's nor Kizaru no cat's eyes or whatever it's called. I like main stream drama's but i want something new!

biniBningPunkista

Re: please RECOMMEND ME

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 26th, '07, 15:42

cutina124 wrote:I need help. I have seen so many J-darama's and am need of reccomendations. I need non run of the mill drama's but that still have some attractive people in it. I'm not shallow I just hate watching really boring people on TV.
I have seen:
1. nobuta wo produsu
2. sos
3. taiyou no kisetsu
4. taiyou no uta
5. 1 litre of tears
6. stand up
7. kurosagi
8. remote
9. ace no...
10. attention please
11. nodame cantiable
13. sapuir
14. anego
15. The series with 4 parts each season, first season with aya ueto something about angel in the title... X__x
16. Dragon Zakura
18. kimi wa petto
19. Sleeping forest
20. and more X__x
I want to know about some of the non main stream dramas with good plots. I like older drama's as well. I want to know about love revolution, takky drama's and I don't really like sport drama's nor Kizaru no cat's eyes or whatever it's called. I like main stream drama's but i want something new!

try seeing "first kiss" and "hanazakari no kimi tachi e"

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 26th, '07, 20:44

cutina124 wrote:I need help. I have seen so many J-darama's and am need of reccomendations. I need non run of the mill drama's but that still have some attractive people in it. I'm not shallow I just hate watching really boring people on TV.
I have seen:
1. nobuta wo produsu
2. sos
3. taiyou no kisetsu
4. taiyou no uta
5. 1 litre of tears
6. stand up
7. kurosagi
8. remote
9. ace no...
10. attention please
11. nodame cantiable
13. sapuir
14. anego
16. Dragon Zakura
18. kimi wa petto
19. Sleeping forest
20. and more X__x
Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsubasa_No_Oreta_Tenshitachi

Kou Kou Kyoushi 1993 / 2003
http://jdorama.com/drama.229.htm
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kou_Kou_Kyoushi_2003

Seija no Koushin
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seija_no_koushin

Asunaro Hakusho
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Asunaro_hakusho

michca

Post by michca » Sep 26th, '07, 21:15

cutina124 wrote:
I need help. I have seen so many J-darama's and am need of reccomendations. I need non run of the mill drama's but that still have some attractive people in it. I'm not shallow I just hate watching really boring people on TV.
I have seen:
1. nobuta wo produsu
2. sos
3. taiyou no kisetsu
4. taiyou no uta
5. 1 litre of tears
6. stand up
7. kurosagi
8. remote
9. ace no...
10. attention please
11. nodame cantiable
13. sapuir
14. anego
16. Dragon Zakura
18. kimi wa petto
19. Sleeping forest
20. and more X__x

Some other reccomendations would be Lunch Queen (not your average dorama, and pretty damn entertaining with some decent eye candy; Yahsa (2 versions of Ito Hideaki (sp?) about genetically engineered twins; and you should have some Nagase Tomoya goodness, either through watching Ikebukero West Gate Park; Tiger and Dragon (brilliant script) or My Boss, My Hero (about a Yakuza heir who is so dumb he has to go back to highschool before he can take over). Oh, and I am not a huge sports fan (except for soccer) and I watched Kisarazu for Junichi and I found that it was hilarious...really didn't have a lot to do with baseball at all. (and the parts that did were absolutley hilarious...I mean, what part of yakuza b-ball isn't funny?!) :P

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 26th, '07, 22:30

I have seen:
1. nobuta wo produsu
2. sos
3. taiyou no kisetsu
4. taiyou no uta
5. 1 litre of tears
6. stand up
7. kurosagi
8. remote
9. ace no...
10. attention please
11. nodame cantiable
13. sapuir
14. anego
16. Dragon Zakura
18. kimi wa petto
19. Sleeping forest
20. and more X__x
I like

Gift (kimura)
My Little Chef
Kekkon dekinai otoko

cutina124

Post by cutina124 » Sep 27th, '07, 17:49

I might need to extend my list a bit...
20. tsubasa no oreta tenshitachi
21. kou lou kyoushi
22. My boss my hero
23. Ikeburo west gate park
I really like the idea of seija no koushi and asunaro seems okay. First kiss isn't really what I want to see because I've already seen the taiwaneseversion...^W^ I also like the idea of gift, don't really have an interest in my little chef ans till unsure about kekkon dekinai otoko. I've really been trying hard to find a good deep, dark, romantic comedy/drama that is worth watching and not main stream. But al the good Kimura Takuya suggestions were helpful and any more will be much appreciated ^W.

Dacktadon

Post by Dacktadon » Sep 28th, '07, 03:24

Some of my personal favourites and not-so-favourites are:
1) Nobuta wo Produce
A must watch for people of all ages. This story about three unusual people coming together to form this unbreakable bond of friendship. Very touching and hilarious at times.
2)Dragon Zakura
Very touching drama, very funny at times. Because this is the first of its kind that I've watched, I'm a lil bit more biased. So to me, this is much better than GTO just because it actually teaches.
3) Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
Great drama, love the plot, love the actors/actresses. WAY WAY better than the TWdrama Meteor Garden.
4) Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Hilarious. Great drama for girls to awwwww over cute boys and definitely your chance to see Oguri Shun's body!
5) LIar Game
A psychological thriller. Although it gets boring at times, the plot is quite well done and the acting is just...incredible. Definitely worth while to watch.
6) Kurosagi
Another Yamapi drama but a good one. Excellent plot, interesting old man (lol you've gotta watch it to understand what I mean) and I'd put this one with psychological thriller as well mixed with some romance.
7) Proposal Daisakusen
Yet another Yamapi drama! (See the trend?) A very very interesting storyline. Although it does get a lil repeatative, the messages that a person can get from it and have some deep reflection is definitely worth your time.
8) Yamada Taro Monogatar
Hilarious hilarious drama. LOL just watch it, it'll make you smile every episode.
9) Jotei
Deep stuff and definitely not for people under 18. It is a very touching love story though. But personally I think it could have been a lil better.
10) Majo no Jouken
Another drama not for kids. The story is based on something the Western society would frown on. It's not too bad but if you want something thats a bit more exciting, this one isn't exactly the best choice.

Currently watching:
Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni
Byakkotai
and other TWdramas

zenkzenk

Post by zenkzenk » Sep 28th, '07, 11:57

I have seen:
1. nobuta wo produsu
2. sos
3. taiyou no kisetsu
4. taiyou no uta
5. 1 litre of tears
6. stand up
7. kurosagi
8. remote
9. ace no...
10. attention please
11. nodame cantiable
13. sapuir
14. anego
16. Dragon Zakura
18. kimi wa petto
19. Sleeping forest
20. and more X__x
Why don't you try
Iryu Team . . . Medical . . . Dragon
Keizoku
Satorare
Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi
Asadora dramas ?

albertjlee

Post by albertjlee » Sep 30th, '07, 12:53

I have seen:
1. nobuta wo produsu
2. sos
3. taiyou no kisetsu
4. taiyou no uta
5. 1 litre of tears
6. stand up
7. kurosagi
8. remote
9. ace no...
10. attention please
11. nodame cantiable
13. sapuir
14. anego
16. Dragon Zakura
18. kimi wa petto
19. Sleeping forest
20. and more X__x
check out trick!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Sep 30th, '07, 16:59

beertax wrote:I've chckeed out most of the top 50 dramas posted jdorama.com, but the only ones I really liked were Pride, Orange Days, and Sekai no Chuushin. I think I like dramas that are mostly serious, mature, intense, and ultimately inspirational.

Not necessarily after 2006, but I'd suggest these:
Umizaru
Yasashii Jikan
Joou no Kyoushitsu / Queen of the Classroom
Kimi ga Oshietekureta Koto / From the Heart
Koibumi
Dr. Koto's Clinic
Iryu
Ruri no Shima
Aruganon ni Hanataba wo / Flowers for Algernon

MidnightDemon

Post by MidnightDemon » Sep 30th, '07, 17:57

I just finished watching my first J-drama, Liar Game
it was AWESOME... I absolutely loved it, but I don't really know
what I should move on to next
I like things that are out of the ordinary
any suggestions are welcome

lichtrausch

Post by lichtrausch » Oct 10th, '07, 01:49

MidnightDemon wrote:I just finished watching my first J-drama, Liar Game
It didn't seem to be that popular on this forum but Karei naru Ichizoku had sensational viewership numbers and I really liked it.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 10th, '07, 07:38

I'll recommend Trick to you. Again.

I say again because for some inane reason, my earlier post was deleted. Wherein I quoted you and recommended Trick. So someone must really hate Trick, or me. But I don't think I post enough to warrant any organized anitpathetic action.

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Oct 10th, '07, 08:19

HI guys, I've just finished watching Hana Kimi, I loved it, but now I really don't know which other drama to watch...it's just that after watching an exceptionally good drama like Hana Kimi, it hard to find an "uber-exceptionally" good drama to top it (ok that sounded stupid ><).
I'm after something that can make me laugh out loud or inspire/change my views on life roll
Just started watching Beautiful Life but it is a bit slow, does it get much better? Hana Kimi was very good for fighting the "1 litre of tears blues" hehe(not that it was bad, just very sad)

My list:
1. Nobuta wo Produce
2. Hana Yori Dango
3. Hana Yori Dango 2
4. 1 Litre of Tears
5. Taiyou no Uta
6. Nodame Cantabile
7. Hanakiri no kimitachi e
8. Gokusen
9. Bambino
10. First Kiss
11. Densha Otoko

arigato ne... :lol :

regregreg

Post by regregreg » Oct 11th, '07, 19:36

Hey everyone!

Can someone recommend me sad/depressive/angsty dramas or movies? (I can give you two examples of what I like, but they're kdramas: A Love To Kill; I'm Sorry, I Love You) Now I'd love to see some Japanese angst... XD I don't care if it's a love story or not. Anyone?

(Here are the list of jdramas I've already seen. I liked the underlined ones the most. Akihabara@DEEP, Bambino!, Densha Otoko, Hanayome to Papa, Proposal Daisakusen, Liar Game, Seito Shokun!, Watashitachi no Kyoukasho, Kurosagi, Nobuta wo Produce, Papa to Musume no Nanokakan, Yamada Tarou Monogatari, Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Tantei Gakuen Q, Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go, Princess Princess D...)

lichtrausch

Post by lichtrausch » Oct 11th, '07, 21:56

regregreg wrote:Hey everyone!

Can someone recommend me sad/depressive/angsty dramas or movies? (I can give you two examples of what I like, but they're kdramas: A Love To Kill; I'm Sorry, I Love You) Now I'd love to see some Japanese angst... XD I don't care if it's a love story or not. Anyone?

(Here are the list of jdramas I've already seen. I liked the underlined ones the most. Akihabara@DEEP, Bambino!, Densha Otoko, Hanayome to Papa, Proposal Daisakusen, Liar Game, Seito Shokun!, Watashitachi no Kyoukasho, Kurosagi, Nobuta wo Produce, Papa to Musume no Nanokakan, Yamada Tarou Monogatari, Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Tantei Gakuen Q, Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go, Princess Princess D...)
Based on what you said I'd recommend these two dramas: Warui Yatsura and Byakuyakou

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 11th, '07, 22:27

lichtrausch wrote:

Based on what you said I'd recommend these two dramas: Warui Yatsura and Byakuyakou
>.>

<.<

And I'll add Last Christmas to that list.

regregreg

Post by regregreg » Oct 12th, '07, 17:47

lichtrausch, Mwulf: Thank you very much! I'll definitely check those out!

queequeg

Post by queequeg » Oct 12th, '07, 18:13

Hey everyone!

Can someone recommend me sad/depressive/angsty dramas or movies? (I can give you two examples of what I like, but they're kdramas: A Love To Kill; I'm Sorry, I Love You) Now I'd love to see some Japanese angst... pinch I don't care if it's a love story or not. Anyone?

For Japanese angst? I agree on Byakuyakou.
From others I have seen:

I'd add 1 Liter of Tears and Beautiful Life and Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu for cry your eyes out love stories.
Also A Million Stars Falling from the Sky and A Sleeping Forest. Not love stories really but more mystery/revenge themes.
Takuya Kimura does angst well

[/quote]

regregreg

Post by regregreg » Oct 14th, '07, 08:07

queequeg, thank you!!

I've already watched the first two episodes of Byakuyakou and I love it so far!
I added the others to my must-see list!

Thanks again!

japysia

Post by japysia » Oct 14th, '07, 08:18

I`d recommend LIFE and IRYU-Team Medical Dragon.

quo123

thanks

Post by quo123 » Oct 14th, '07, 15:52

thanks for the reccomendations guys.. i tried watching most of it--and my list of fave just keeps getting bigger and bigger-- recently im watching IGWP,Mukodono, hotaru no hikari-- I love love it from the very first episode -- i recently finihsed Hanakimi, tantei gakuen, Papa no Musume Nanokakan ... ne ways do u guys have other suggestions of shows? where there is a strng female role, or something with suspense,or action, or great laugh out loud comedy?

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Oct 14th, '07, 16:22

oops lol,

<edited>.

duragzu

Recommendations?

Post by duragzu » Oct 14th, '07, 17:04

Hi all,
I've loved Japanese entertainment since I began watching anime in the early 90s when it was more tricky to come by and I've watched, or started watching, quite a few dramas but have only really loved Densha Otoko and GTO.
Most of the others I just didn't get into.
I was wondering if anyone could point me towards something I might really enjoy?

Cheers,
Matt.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 14th, '07, 17:06

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Oct 14th, '07, 21:38

OMG..you should totally watch MY BOSS, MY HERO! comedy, a little bit of romance, friendship..it has it all! also..you might like Gokusen (kinda like GTO) HYD, Hanazakari no kimi tachi e...there's a lot!! but start with those!

rose-land

Post by rose-land » Oct 15th, '07, 12:28

Hi everyone :-)
I've just finished watching Hana Kimi & Hotaru No Hikari
so if you guys have any suggestions for a romantic comedy drama plz recommend it for me

japysia

Post by japysia » Oct 16th, '07, 04:39

rose-land wrote:Hi everyone :-)
I've just finished watching Hana Kimi & Hotaru No Hikari
so if you guys have any suggestions for a romantic comedy drama plz recommend it for me
Satorare and Last Christmas

rose-land

Post by rose-land » Oct 16th, '07, 13:34

japysia
:salut: Arigato Gozaimas
I think I'll start watching Satorare coz it's my type and then I may watch Last Christmas

lilsushi213

Post by lilsushi213 » Oct 21st, '07, 04:15

I love Propsal Daisakusen: Operation Love ! Hahahaha, Yamapi x333
The story's cute though...And there are a lot of funny things that happen. I definitely recommend that one. It may not be primarily about a female protagonist, but it's entertaining!

in2sky
Japan

Fall Dramas : any young, fun, super funny drama this season?

Post by in2sky » Oct 21st, '07, 21:00

Hi, Need recommendations for this fall season of J-dramas.
Any young, fun, super funny drama this season?
I talk about stuff such as Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go, Kabe Onna Yama Onna,
Himitsu no Hanazono, Ikemen Paradise etc.
thanks!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Oct 22nd, '07, 12:33

Well, I'm really enjoying Uta Hime this season, although I've only seen the first episode. I thought it was fresh and fun. All others this season I've been disappointed with. It's funny and has romance which are my two favourite elements.

ChatGris

Post by ChatGris » Oct 22nd, '07, 12:44

I would say Abarenbo Mama. :-)

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Oct 22nd, '07, 13:20

thanks alot, I'll try it tonight.
peace

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 22nd, '07, 16:19

I'd second the recommendation on Utahime. Since you listed Yama Onna Kabe Onna, you might like to check out Tanihara Shosuke in Mop Girl. He played Tamura-bucho in Yama/Kabe, and he's been dam* funny so far in Mop Girl. There's a lot more comedy in that one than the description sounds like, particularly by episode 2.

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:23

Mwulf wrote:
lichtrausch wrote:

>.>

<.<

And I'll add Last Christmas to that list.

how bout dragonzakura?? have u wacthed it?? i like the series u've underlined.. ^^

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Oct 23rd, '07, 04:06

Hi, so i'd like to find a new drama to watch. i like romances and comedies, or even romantic comedies! I've seen the following. [the ones with stars are my favorite]
***Hana Yori Dango*** [1+2]
**Hana Kimi**
Akihabara@deep
Strawberry on the Shortcake
Gokusen [1+2]
GTO
Dragon Zakura
Proposal Daisuken
***Kurosagi***
Lunch Queen
*Kimi wa Pet*
*Stand Up*
IWGP
Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni...
***Nobuta wo Produce***
Attention Please
*First Kiss*
Anego

Be proud of me, i didn't star them all! I know i'm forgetting some but there they are. I recommend them all, by the way. Any recommendations to me would be great!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 23rd, '07, 22:23

saki-chan wrote:Hi, so i'd like to find a new drama to watch. i like romances and comedies, or even romantic comedies! I've seen the following. [the ones with stars are my favorite]
***Hana Yori Dango*** [1+2]
**Hana Kimi**
Akihabara@deep
Strawberry on the Shortcake
Gokusen [1+2]
GTO
Dragon Zakura
Proposal Daisuken
***Kurosagi***
Lunch Queen
*Kimi wa Pet*
*Stand Up*
IWGP
Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni...
***Nobuta wo Produce***
Attention Please
*First Kiss*
Anego

Be proud of me, i didn't star them all! I know i'm forgetting some but there they are. I recommend them all, by the way. Any recommendations to me would be great!

Long Vacation is one of the romanctic comedy classics. Still my favorite romance!

Nodame Cantabile is probably my favorite comedy now. Really fun with great characters and music, and touches of romance. Kinda feels like HanaKimi, but even funnier for me.

Hotaru no Hikari was wonderful this summer, and it's also a romance/comedy. The final episode hasn't been subbed yet, but it's worth the wait.

I'd also suggest:

Remote (Kyoko Fukada plays a meter maid who gets transferred to work under a hottie shut-in detective, just before she's set to leave the force to get married. Has comedy, romance and some interesting cases.)

Last Christmas (Really cute and sweet love story that makes you feel good!)

regregreg

Post by regregreg » Oct 25th, '07, 16:27

r3ika wrote: how bout dragonzakura?? have u wacthed it?? i like the series u've underlined.. ^^[/b]
I haven't heard about Dragonzakura before, but I will add that to my list too. Thank you!

Also, someone recommended Warui Yatsura before... I started to watch it but then I realised that only the first two episodes have seeders. And I couldn't find the other episodes on any other sites either. :-( If anyone knows where to get the other eps... do tell!

ifacchi

Post by ifacchi » Oct 27th, '07, 15:19

Nodame Cantabile
LIFE

yap1412

Post by yap1412 » Oct 29th, '07, 16:09

uhuk2..want to join this post

my list

1) if bout school life
- back to school
-queen classroom
-dragonzakura
-LIFE

2)comedy/romance
-my boss my hero
-proposal daisakusen
-hanakimi
-nodame cantabile
-shotgun marriage
-bengoshi no kuzu

3)action/mystery
-kurosagi
-unfair
-hero

4)uncategorized
-iryu medical team
-1 liter of tears

5) love story
-summer snow
-with love

:D

kekekeke

Post by kekekeke » Oct 30th, '07, 10:51

i need a dorama like Ikebukuro West Gate Park .. can anybody suggest one?

yap1412

Post by yap1412 » Oct 30th, '07, 20:04

iwgp?..hurm..can you giv a little detail what kind of iwgp you want to see in other drama?

hurm..dis are sum my suggestion...if you want to know about life in akihabara,juz like the background in iwgp..me suggest gal circle,akihabara@deep,densha otoko,shi15uya,..these dramas background setting similar to iwgp..more,these drama also hav group of teens similar to iwgp..if you want sumtin mystery like who's the real culprit like in the iwgp..me suggest you 'unfair'...if you want sumtin dat hav similar with the storyline,me suggest yaoh..dats my opinion k :-)

kekekeke

Post by kekekeke » Oct 31st, '07, 17:56

im interested in yakuza/ gangs .. like my boss my hero and iwgp .. :-)

m1tch13

Post by m1tch13 » Nov 1st, '07, 07:46

Can anyone please recommend me a romance/comedy jdrama?
I prefer enlightening dramas for now (where no one dies at the end.......*cough)
Within the lines of Orange Days, HYD, Hotaru no Hikari

Thanks a bunch! =]

HiroHikari

Post by HiroHikari » Nov 4th, '07, 00:56

Can someone here please PM me the best JDramas from 2006-2007 please? List as many as u can please/ Thanks :)