FUNNIEST Japanese Drama!!!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

What is the funniest japanese drama you've seen so far?

My Boss, My Hero
37%
Nodame Cantabile
21%
TRICK
8%
Gokusen
4%
Densha Otoko
4%
Kisarazu Cat's Eye
12%
Other..read post
14%

Total votes: 210

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Sep 16th, '07, 10:14

Nagase at his best again.. ahhh~
my brother (who doesn't watch jdoramas) was convinced to watch this after my sister told him some of the funny scenes in MBMH~

well, there's GTO , Gokusen, and Trick, too..
but MBMH's appeal was totally different.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Sep 16th, '07, 14:54

I think the most funniest J-Drama was Densha Otoko (yes the guy was irritating) but it was piss funny. Although it has been a year since I watched it, I haven't I don't think laughed as much in any other drama.

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Sep 16th, '07, 15:01

why isn't Stand Up!! in the list?! :(:(:(
I think that one is the best jdrama ever, and HILARIOUS! It's just SO well done! And it stars 5 great actors: Nino from Arashii, Yamapi, Hiroki Narimiya, Shun Oguri (at his best :P) & Suzuki Anne
really, a must watch! :cheers:

MBMH was just too much and too less sometimes :( k nagase was totally funny but I wouldn't really recommend it... plus the ending sucked. I had the feeling that it was kinda 'let's get this over with'.

Stand Up!! is just great from the beginning 'till the end, with no exaggerations at all. K, sometimes some dull moments, but they touch you in a way as well.
I just luv it how they present things, like when shou-chan (nino) is reading a book on the roof: those eyes OMG XD and saying 'mina... bakku'. Or when udayan (hiroki) is presenting the 'virginity preservation club' while he's the most hentai of 'm all
anyway, I can't really explain it very well, you'll just have to see it yourself ;)
Last edited by Sayumi on Sep 16th, '07, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Sep 16th, '07, 15:11

I loved Kisarazu cat's eye :lol
But others I enjoyed were Nodame and who could not love Jinkama from Densha otoko :cheers: and her hilarious habits.

Trisix

Post by Trisix » Sep 16th, '07, 15:28

I thought Hanazakari no Kimitachi e has made me laughed like nuts. =o

nicirina

Post by nicirina » Sep 16th, '07, 15:48

hotaru no hikari....is so funny.........

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 16th, '07, 20:04

MBMH = yey

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Sep 24th, '07, 10:21

I'd say Nodame Cantabile. My first dorama ever...it's so downright funny! Nodame's weird accents (that of a foreigner and of course, that of the doting wife), Chiaki's twitches, Nodame-talk and walk, Chiaki's look of disgust is priceless and even the slapstick works for me.

lavie en rose

Post by lavie en rose » Sep 24th, '07, 16:49

Trisix wrote:I thought Hanazakari no Kimitachi e has made me laughed like nuts. =o
Ditto~ though all those mentioned doramas cracked me up, but until this moment Hana Kimi has conquered them all. Crazy. Foolish. But kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ *remember possessed Oscar & Toma "Homo janai" song :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: *

thesa_chiba

Post by thesa_chiba » Sep 26th, '07, 15:51

MY BOSS MY HERO!!
i didnt think i would enjoy it that much, but i did. had me laughing in the first 5 minutes.

hmm.. from many of the suggestions here, i think i gotta watch Trick.

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kidmigz » Sep 26th, '07, 20:18

Sadly, no one else in this thread has even considered the Shomuni series...

nechbet

Post by nechbet » Sep 26th, '07, 20:25

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e- funniest thing i've ever watched:D

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 26th, '07, 20:28

I think Nodame Cantabile, but i vited for trick cuz even some might think its korny, i think thats the funny part of it..XP

a2a

Post by a2a » Sep 27th, '07, 18:59

My vote goes to KCE. It was my favorite drama for a long time, I loved it to bits. It made me discover Kankuro Kudo, one of the best screenwriters in Japan today. I love his sense of humor and would watch anything he has written. My Boss My Hero was hilarious too and from the new dramas I loved Hana Kimi, Yamada Taro and Hotaru no Hikari. They too made me laugh a lot! :D

xtehdeb

Post by xtehdeb » Oct 1st, '07, 01:08

def my boss my hero.
oh gosh it was soooo funny haha xDD
i love that drama so much too (:

Akuma76

Post by Akuma76 » Oct 1st, '07, 03:58

My Boss My Hero, and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko we both funny to me but, for mbmh i had to pause the video and take a second to brace myself after a really funny part. For Kekkon i could just lol the whole time.

So... Kekkon takes first place for me

groink

Post by groink » Oct 1st, '07, 04:08

If you want to watch a really stupid-funny drama, check out Bokura ni Ai o! Eguchi Yosuke returns with a An-chan like character in this show.

--- groink

Okashi

Post by Okashi » Oct 1st, '07, 04:22

I voted for GTO!!! :cheers:

I haven't seen the other dramas on the list besides Gokusen, also funny.

I wonder why most of you voted for My Boss, My Hero... :scratch: so I'll give it a try and watch it myself, I hope it'll be funnier than GTO :-)

azngirl911

Post by azngirl911 » Oct 1st, '07, 05:20

i voted other
my fave funny drama so far is hotaru no hikari :thumleft: itz funny cuz the girl is so silly i can't stop laughing :lol
but then again, i haven't watched most of the other ones, so i will eventually download and watch them, especially trick,densha otoko, gokusen,and my boss my hero

arashisuki

Funniest Detective EVER!!

Post by arashisuki » Oct 13th, '13, 12:44

WATch UNUBORE DEKA... Nagase Tomoya's Facial expressions gonna make you laugh and his dances..!!!
Its not a waste of time Promise!!...
Watch Unubore Deka and you'll hurt your stomach after laughing so much :D
i watched GTO,Trick,Gokusen,My boss my hero,nodame contabile but this makes me laugh more...!! :D

kotsukotsu

Post by kotsukotsu » Oct 13th, '13, 21:13

> My Boss, My Hero
> Nodame Cantabile
> GTO
> TRICK
> Gokusen
> Densha Otoko

This sounds like a listing of merely a few such dramas that have appeared with English subtitles. Two aren't even remotely comedies, i.e. Nodame Cantabile and Densha Otoko, although there are minor comic elements. If this topic is about comedy of only of the few dramas that have English subtitles, say so. If it is a topic about the far wider world of Japanese comedy, say so. Experiencing Japanese comedy only through subtitles will always result in missing out on the vast majority of the comedy. The suggested list is a bizarre subset of Japanese comedy dramas. I can think of many comedies that are much more funny, especially without subtitles.

jinkosan

Post by jinkosan » Oct 23rd, '13, 19:02

GTO, old but insanely funny. :D

am00339

Post by am00339 » Oct 23rd, '13, 19:09

Seigi no mikata was funny...

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Oct 25th, '13, 03:00

kotsukotsu wrote:> My Boss, My Hero
> Nodame Cantabile
> GTO
> TRICK
> Gokusen
> Densha Otoko

This sounds like a listing of merely a few such dramas that have appeared with English subtitles. Two aren't even remotely comedies, i.e. Nodame Cantabile and Densha Otoko, although there are minor comic elements. If this topic is about comedy of only of the few dramas that have English subtitles, say so. If it is a topic about the far wider world of Japanese comedy, say so. Experiencing Japanese comedy only through subtitles will always result in missing out on the vast majority of the comedy. The suggested list is a bizarre subset of Japanese comedy dramas. I can think of many comedies that are much more funny, especially without subtitles.
You sound like an expert on Japan culture, cute.

Anyways personally I find Nodame, My Boss ,My Hero, and Trick are pretty damn funny. One recent series that's great at comedy is Legal High, highly recommended. Also check out Unubore Deka, the staff that worked on Unubore Deka worked on Cat's Eye and aso on Tiger and Dragon. If you enjoyed the comedy on those series than check out Unubore Deka.