Korean cell phones

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
kayone

Post by kayone » Oct 7th, '06, 16:53

Jin91 wrote:
KoreanMania wrote:I just got Samsung D520 two weeks ago... Samsung totally rocks, I've been using it since day 1 and is planning to just stay loyal to Samsung forever :lol

[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/ ... g_D520.jpg[/img]
is that phone sold in the states? It looks really similar to the phone from my girl that I want.
Its not sold by a wireless provider in the states but you can get them in import phone stores in chinatowns and onine at places like:

www.myworldphone.com

Just make sure its an unlocked GSM phone

Ed

kawaiikimmie

Post by kawaiikimmie » Jan 15th, '07, 03:13

does anyone know which one SeungHui and BokShil had in *Which Star Are You From?*
the one that they bought together, it looks really nice! and its cool how they bought it as a *couples* thing

mentos_00

hands free teddy bear...

Post by mentos_00 » Mar 12th, '07, 14:07

alexwinter wrote:
abzlykewhoa wrote:does any1 knoe what fone Eugene is using in I Really Really Like You. The black 1?? and can u post a picture of that fone. plz
I didn't watch that drama, so I am not sure.. But I heard it's LG chocolate phone..
The pic is already posted in this thread..
anyway one know where i can buy the hands free teddy bear thingy used in the korean drama "i really really like you"??
please tell me... someone mentioned dat it's only 10-20 bucks in korea. isnt it?

nahiki

Post by nahiki » May 22nd, '07, 21:36

does anybody know what fone han ga in used in witch yoo hee? i really like that fone.. i want to buy a fone like that wen i fly through korea maybe in july.. pls and thankyou!

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » May 23rd, '07, 03:23

nahiki wrote:does anybody know what fone han ga in used in witch yoo hee? i really like that fone.. i want to buy a fone like that wen i fly through korea maybe in july.. pls and thankyou!
Attachments
sky IM-U160L.jpg
sky IM-U160L.jpg (38.65 KiB) Viewed 6239 times
sky IM-S130.jpg
sky IM-S130.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 6239 times

nahiki

Post by nahiki » May 23rd, '07, 07:20

thankyou so much snow fairy!!! hahaha yehey!!! i tried looking for it but all the sites i found were in korean ahahaha ill ask my cousin for help then hahaha.. thankyou so much!!!
ohh and do u possibly know how much the fone costs?! thanks..

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » May 23rd, '07, 11:34

nahiki wrote:thankyou so much snow fairy!!! hahaha yehey!!! i tried looking for it but all the sites i found were in korean ahahaha ill ask my cousin for help then hahaha.. thankyou so much!!!
:-) oh, I am not sure, around 4-500 US dollars?

nahiki

Post by nahiki » May 23rd, '07, 18:30

wohoooo!!! hahaha thankz!!! hahahaha bin researching bout that fone hehehe really like it now.. thankyou so much snowfairy!!

meviet

Post by meviet » May 26th, '07, 04:40

snowfairy wrote:
nahiki wrote:thankyou so much snow fairy!!! hahaha yehey!!! i tried looking for it but all the sites i found were in korean ahahaha ill ask my cousin for help then hahaha.. thankyou so much!!!

:-) oh, I am not sure, around 4-500 US dollars?
wooow..are you serious? that's expensive!!
but what can i say, the phone does go with the price. i could shorta tell when i first saw it.

snowfairy

Post by snowfairy » May 26th, '07, 06:23

^
:D That was the cover price without any kind of discount when I checked out with my Korean friend.. I didn't mention that 'cause the condition of discount may vary to country/ company/ individual....

I think you probably can buy it at around 300 dollars if you shop wisely....haha...

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jul 18th, '07, 20:58

I have seen Soulmate drama.. in this drama there were phones with navigating ability .. here in my country they put it on your phone as a service not a feature that comes on each cell phones..
this one of the times when you wish you were korean or japanese beside the times when you watch their dramas.. hehe

cjgohan2003

Post by cjgohan2003 » Jul 19th, '07, 07:12

Does anyone know if myworldphone.com is a reliable place to buy cell phones?

I REALLY want the new chocolate, but i'm scared that if i shell out 300+ bucks and get a messed up phone :cry:

PJB

Post by PJB » Jul 19th, '07, 11:03

Anyone know where to get the phone Geum NaRa uses in War of Money? (쩐의전쟁)

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jul 19th, '07, 12:16

how come they have such a great phones in korea that ppl outside korea like midlle eastern or else where want to buy them so bad.. I don't know why they can't sell their phones worldwide..they should use their dramas as advertising tool for selling such phones.. I really can't buy one of these beautiful phones and the reason is that I am afraid it wont work..this sucks..

alexwinter

Post by alexwinter » Jul 20th, '07, 05:35

PJB wrote:Anyone know where to get the phone Geum NaRa uses in War of Money? (쩐의전쟁)

The models are LG-SB310 and LG-LB3100... :-)
Attachments
LG PRADA.jpg
LG PRADA.jpg (51.46 KiB) Viewed 5738 times
LG PRADA 2.jpg
LG PRADA 2.jpg (82.7 KiB) Viewed 5738 times

horndogbuddhist

DC AREA cellphones

Post by horndogbuddhist » Jul 20th, '07, 05:51

I've heard that you can get actual Korean Cellphone in DC area (Washington DC)....Any truth to this? I've got a Korean GF and I would really like to buy her one. I would also like one too...I've actually seen one and it's better than a T-Mobil Sidekick....Freaking sweet!...she said that she bought hers from DC but I am not so sure of that. Anyone knows for certain in any area or place that I can find one?

elden41

Post by elden41 » Jul 20th, '07, 23:15

cjgohan2003 wrote:Does anyone know if myworldphone.com is a reliable place to buy cell phones?

I REALLY want the new chocolate, but i'm scared that if i shell out 300+ bucks and get a messed up phone :cry:
I'm located in the US, and there may be other chocolate phones available in the market, but the only chocolate phones I'm aware of are the ones available from Verizon. If this is what you're talking about, you're getting RIPPED off if you pay $300 for the phone. At most you should pay $100 for the phone and perhaps even get if for free if you take the proper time to research.

cjgohan2003

Post by cjgohan2003 » Jul 21st, '07, 05:29

elden41 wrote:
cjgohan2003 wrote:Does anyone know if myworldphone.com is a reliable place to buy cell phones?

I'm located in the US, and there may be other chocolate phones available in the market, but the only chocolate phones I'm aware of are the ones available from Verizon. If this is what you're talking about, you're getting RIPPED off if you pay $300 for the phone. At most you should pay $100 for the phone and perhaps even get if for free if you take the proper time to research.
ahh noo I'm not talking abut that version, I'm talking about the Black Label, Chocolate 2. They don't carry it on any of the local carriers so the only ones I can buy are the GSM Unlocked version.

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Jul 26th, '07, 22:12

I like this phone:
Anyone have any idea about the price?

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Jul 27th, '07, 16:09

does anyone knows which phone HK was using in Coffee prince..

kokomi

Post by kokomi » Jul 27th, '07, 17:32

Has anyone from malaysia did buy the japanese/korean phone online?
Just checking...
Cz i plan to buy one...

SlightlyTempted

Post by SlightlyTempted » Aug 3rd, '07, 02:53

kokomi wrote:Has anyone from malaysia did buy the japanese/korean phone online?
Just checking...
Cz i plan to buy one...
I've actually bought two unlocked phones and one is softbank(Japanese unlocked) and the other samsung, I love them and they have some wicked cool ones releasing(crossing finger, they might just have them unlocked too soon) anyways I haven't had any problems with them. I havent had any problems with the phones so far that I've bought.

This is my latest softbank unlocked phone:

and the first unlocked phone I bought was this one:

But overall I love the softbank phones, I wish we had all of these in America.
http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/en/product/lin ... index.html

ixdnL

Post by ixdnL » Aug 10th, '07, 19:56

ahh. when I went to Korea for a while, it was refreshing to see almost zero RAZRs. The sky phones are soooo sexy. ack. i want one. ahh. CDMA. They put their lives into theiir phone.

chickychoc

Post by chickychoc » Aug 23rd, '07, 07:02

i fond of in Chun Hyang movie cellphones

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Aug 23rd, '07, 08:04

there are so many cute/advanced asian phones!!!! american stuff's crap compared to themm.
but do u guys know wat asian brands work w/ phone companies in america... like cingular, t-mobile, etc? cuz i wanna get a REALLY REALLY cool one when i go back to asia next yr!!

Vivagirl

Post by Vivagirl » Sep 9th, '07, 05:58

Roudy wrote:does anyone knows which phone HK was using in Coffee prince..
LG Prada model should be ke850

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 12th, '07, 21:45

crazypilovee wrote:there are so many cute/advanced asian phones!!!! american stuff's crap compared to themm.
but do u guys know wat asian brands work w/ phone companies in america... like cingular, t-mobile, etc? cuz i wanna get a REALLY REALLY cool one when i go back to asia next yr!!
I don't think that the brand of the phone matters as much as what GSM networks it supports. I believe that Cingular/AT&T and T-Mobile in the U.S. uses 850/1900 so you should look for an imported phone that supports either or preferrably both of these networks (for best compatibility).

My very first imported and unlocked phone is a Sharp 903: http://www.gsmarena.com/sharp_903-1241.php

I loved it because it had a 3.2 megapixel camera and took pretty good videos for its resolution and screen size.

My current phone this time around is an unlocked European Nokia n95: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95-1716.php

I love it because it has a 5 megapixel camera and takes 640x480 30fps videos. It's awesome, especially for capturing random happenings around town. :whistling:

And yes, whether Asian or European, they all have better cell phones than in the U.S. in both looks and specs!

Elien

Post by Elien » Sep 12th, '07, 22:06

it´s possible to get these phones in Europe? do the US e-shops worldwide shipping? i want new phone and i really love these asian stuff :unsure:

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 13th, '07, 16:24

Elien wrote:it´s possible to get these phones in Europe? do the US e-shops worldwide shipping? i want new phone and i really love these asian stuff :unsure:
You just have to look around. I actually got my Japanese Sharp 903 (unlocked and in English) off Ebay, LOL. You have to be careful and read everything if you do decide to buy from there though. Not all cell phones sold on Ebay are real (some are just display models that don't really work), some aren't even unlocked (you need it unlocked so you can use your own sim card in there), some don't even have English language support, and some don't even include the basic accessories such as a charger (how can you not include a charger?!)

I got my current phone, the European Nokia n95 (it's made to support European/Asian 3G and not U.S. 3G) directly off Nokia's U.S. website. It's such an expensive phone though, $749 (U.S. dollars) plus free shipping and free 1GB memory card.

Do you live in Europe, Elien? You must at least have better resources for getting phones over there. Here in the U.S., it's so limited . . .

Elien

Post by Elien » Sep 13th, '07, 17:19

sakr0 wrote:Do you live in Europe, Elien?
Yes i do, but czech republic is not so good in getting things like phones etc.(but N95 is here for some time now).. anyway i´m planing to go to London so i will see what can be found in china town there...

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 13th, '07, 18:38

Elien wrote: Yes i do, but czech republic is not so good in getting things like phones etc.(but N95 is here for some time now).. anyway i´m planing to go to London so i will see what can be found in china town there...
Sounds like a good idea . . . there's this one Japanese market close to where I'm at and they used to have a fairly good selection of both Japanese and Korean phones, but sadly they don't sell cell phones there anymore. :cry: There was this really slim and white Samsung phone that my bf wanted.

Anyways, I wish you luck and hope that you can find something. :salut:

If anyone's interested, I have a Flickr page up with some images that I've taken with various cell phone cameras: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventstudio

I haven't updated in awhile but I hope to add some more soon.

goldenboyy

Post by goldenboyy » Sep 17th, '07, 04:29

oh man, i really want this phone...
i'm in the states, any good phone websites to buy from? first time buyer. :P
this phone reminds me of a se phone i've been dreaming about, but even better, lg!
http://www.cyon.co.kr/good/product/prod ... _curpage=2

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 17th, '07, 20:46

goldenboyy wrote:oh man, i really want this phone...
this phone reminds me of a se phone i've been dreaming about, but even better, lg!
goldenboyy, what SE phone have you been dreaming about? Maybe I can give you some more information about it . . .

Yeah, LG makes some pretty sexy looking phones. Too bad pretty much everything LG that makes it over here to the U.S. doesn't compare to what the rest of the world is getting :glare:

That's a pretty good looking phone that you pointed out there, goldenboyy :thumleft: It even has the same specs as my phone: 5MP camera and 640x480 30fps video. I'm not sure, but it looks really similar to an older LG 5MP camera phone that I've been wanting last year but since LG phones are mostly CDMA and I have AT&T, I couldn't use one anyway. If you have like Verizon, it might work, unfortunately I don't know of any "legit" websites that sell this LG phone. You can always try eBay (shop responsibly please) or your local Korea Town (if you have one).

Here's a review on that LG phone: http://www.mobile-review.com/review/lg- ... 2-en.shtml

You can also try comparing the picture quality to my mobile phone pictures on my flickr page link from my previous post.

goldenboyy

Post by goldenboyy » Sep 17th, '07, 23:38

sakr0 wrote:
goldenboyy wrote:oh man, i really want this phone...
goldenboyy, what SE phone have you been dreaming about? Maybe I can give you some more information about it . . .

Yeah, LG makes some pretty sexy looking phones. Too bad pretty much everything LG that makes it over here to the U.S. doesn't compare to what the rest of the world is getting :glare:

That's a pretty good looking phone that you pointed out there, goldenboyy :thumleft: It even has the same specs as my phone: 5MP camera and 640x480 30fps video. I'm not sure, but it looks really similar to an older LG 5MP camera phone that I've been wanting last year but since LG phones are mostly CDMA and I have AT&T, I couldn't use one anyway. If you have like Verizon, it might work, unfortunately I don't know of any "legit" websites that sell this LG phone. You can always try eBay (shop responsibly please) or your local Korea Town (if you have one).

Here's a review on that LG phone: http://www.mobile-review.com/review/lg- ... 2-en.shtml

You can also try comparing the picture quality to my mobile phone pictures on my flickr page link from my previous post.
Oh thanks alot. I've seen a really nice se phone way back,.. maybe 2 years ago? well anyways this actually had all the same features,and same look with obvious upgrades. :) I also have At&t, well it's really cingular but since they've combined it's about the same. where did you get your phone?

goldenboyy

Post by goldenboyy » Sep 17th, '07, 23:40

ugh, dumb me, i just reread your post. nice pics btw.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Sep 17th, '07, 23:46

hmmm... in the philippines they are selling some korean brand cellphones. i just don't know all the models that's available, but i've seen LG here in the philippines. other brands not yet...

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 18th, '07, 15:48

cutekid wrote:hmmm... in the philippines they are selling some korean brand cellphones. i just don't know all the models that's available, but i've seen LG here in the philippines. other brands not yet...
Ooh, cutekid you're in the Philippines? What kind of cell phones do they have over there? I always hear about how Europe, Korea, and Japan have cell phones that you can watch tv, fingerprint recognition, crazy stuff like that that we don't even have here in the U.S.

Yeah we supposedly have "mobile tv" here in the U.S. but personally I think it's kind of pointless when the display size of the cell phone AND its resolution is small. When you look at other phones from other countries, they usually have a bigger display size and higher resolution for video, etc. Sometimes I feel like we get all the imported leftovers, LOL.

Don't mind me. I just love technology in general :wub:

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Sep 20th, '07, 13:20

sakr0 wrote: Ooh, cutekid you're in the Philippines? What kind of cell phones do they have over there? I always hear about how Europe, Korea, and Japan have cell phones that you can watch tv, fingerprint recognition, crazy stuff like that that we don't even have here in the U.S.

Yeah we supposedly have "mobile tv" here in the U.S. but personally I think it's kind of pointless when the display size of the cell phone AND its resolution is small. When you look at other phones from other countries, they usually have a bigger display size and higher resolution for video, etc. Sometimes I feel like we get all the imported leftovers, LOL.

Don't mind me. I just love technology in general :wub:

basically we have almost the same cellphones available there. we have nokia, sony erikson, samsung, LG, vodaphone, motorola and bunch of other brands of cellphones.

the philippines is cellphone crazy. we have alot of brands here that are available. but not all of the features of the cellphones available here can be used.

i think the mobileTV service is now available here too. since we also have 3G here. i also feel that its pointless for now bec. of the small screen size. it might be great if you're really mobile...

JoKing

Post by JoKing » Sep 27th, '07, 22:40

Hey,

Does anyone know where you can get some of the cute ringtones that are featured in Kdramas, like Lee Dal Hae's one from 'Hello Miss' ?

Sorry, if this question has been answered.

Thanks,

Jo.

michelle2041

Post by michelle2041 » Sep 27th, '07, 22:55

JoKing wrote:Hey,

Does anyone know where you can get some of the cute ringtones that are featured in Kdramas, like Lee Dal Hae's one from 'Hello Miss' ?

Thanks,

Jo.
you can get it at phonezoo.com i also have that ringtone on my phone its the cutest thing ever lol.

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 27th, '07, 23:04

I used to live in Korea and was soooo spoiled by the type of phone. In the US, when you get a phone plan, you sometimes get a free phone, but not a lot of variety. In Korea, there is never a cheap or free phone, but there is a TON of variety. Now that I am in the US I miss my Korean phone. But it was not compatible in the US. :cry:

ejaxene

Post by ejaxene » Sep 29th, '07, 18:12

Ah. Do you know what is the cellphone used by Gong Yoo (Choi Han Kyul) in Coffee prince?

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 29th, '07, 19:21

Sorry, I have no idea... I didn't really learn much about other phones, just looked one time at other phones when I bought mine.

gibson7

Post by gibson7 » Sep 29th, '07, 19:29

ejaxene wrote:Ah. Do you know what is the cellphone used by Gong Yoo (Choi Han Kyul) in Coffee prince?
LG Prada

JoKing

Post by JoKing » Sep 29th, '07, 21:17

michelle2041 wrote:
JoKing wrote:Hey,

Thanks,

Jo.
you can get it at phonezoo.com i also have that ringtone on my phone its the cutest thing ever lol.
Awww...it's been copyrighted!! No more d/l.