Disturbing rumors about JE (Johnnies Entertainment)

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
ryobreak

Disturbing rumors about JE (Johnnies Entertainment)

Post by ryobreak » Jan 2nd, '07, 03:25

Is it true that Johnny Kitamura (the owner of Johnnies) has a tendency to assault, abuse, or attempts erotic relationships with Johnnies members? :-(

On wikipedia there's information saying that one former JE member tried to sue him over it but he filed for defamation..

Also, a friend of mine said that a rumor was circulating about him and Tackey&Tsubasa

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Jan 2nd, '07, 03:28

Also from wikipedia.
After a series of trials, the court admitted the claim of sexual harassment but ordered the magazine to pay 1,200,000 yen compensation for other unproved claims.

marie_23

Re: Disturbing rumors about JE (Johnnies Entertainment)

Post by marie_23 » Jan 3rd, '07, 04:03

ryobreak wrote:Is it true that Johnny Kitamura (the owner of Johnnies) has a tendency to assault, abuse, or attempts erotic relationships with Johnnies members? :-(

On wikipedia there's information saying that one former JE member tried to sue him over it but he filed for defamation..

Also, a friend of mine said that a rumor was circulating about him and Tackey&Tsubasa

A cousin of mine mention something like that to me some time ago...I would not be suprised if their is some truth to the rumors..

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jan 3rd, '07, 04:37

I think it's quite a well known fact.. I think any Johnnys fan will know about it.. I believe he also settled out of court for one claim but now a days he's too powerful and any claims can be easily silenced with his lawyers.

In 1988 Kita Koji, a member of the Four Leaves, wrote a tell-all diary in which he described being molested by Kitagawa and other idols. Similar claims were made in another book published in 1996. One story has Inagaki Goro hardly able to do his dance routines after enduring the romantic advances of Kitagawa. Though they're widely believed to be true, the squeaky clean image of pretty boy-next-door groups has hardly been dented by these accusations.
- source

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Jan 3rd, '07, 12:28

So all of the mothers who send applications on behalf of their sons, all of the j-pop guys who aspire to enter Johnnies, they all do this while acknowledging that they.. might be abused sexually by some old pervert? :cry:

Why don't fans do something about it..? Isn't that the least we can do?

I don't know how all of those guys can endure it. If I think about my favorite JE members and think about them having to endure something like that... eck!!

I really want to send in an application but....meh... SM Entertainment is looking ever the more appealing :roll :|

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 3rd, '07, 23:39

ryobreak wrote:So all of the mothers who send applications on behalf of their sons, all of the j-pop guys who aspire to enter Johnnies, they all do this while acknowledging that they.. might be abused sexually by some old pervert? :cry:

I don't know how all of those guys can endure it. If I think about my favorite JE members and think about them having to endure something like that... eck!!

I really want to send in an application but....meh... SM Entertainment is looking ever the more appealing :roll :|
ok if this **** was true the cops would have had him arressted,and he would be serving a 60year prision sentance,and after his release he would be a registerd sex offender,plus he would loose his company.
or am i just quoting americas laws?but johnny is lucky none of it happened in america the u.s.government would have stoppemed his ass to death.if its true im requsting the state.department to allow the us army forces here in japan toallow us to engage and siege johnny entertianment inc.and arrest him.

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Jan 4th, '07, 02:28

It's not that easy. Everything that happens off-stage (i.e. things which cannot be monitored) is virtually immune to prosecution.

It is true that the "celebrity world," is often embroiled in such acts and that is no secret. Not only does it happen in Japan, most countries have also had such examples.

However, I am personally shocked and outraged that Johnny Kitamura can continue his filthy escapades. These JE members (many of them Jr. members) are younger than 18 years old! And I have NEVER heard of a male assaulting a male in the celebrity world, other than of Johnny Kitamura to his recruits.

If these are just lewd rumors circulated by Japanese papparazi, then I apologize. But since a former JE member actually filed a lawsuit (courtesy Wikipedia), it really gives me doubts about Mr.Kitamura's innocence.

Is there something we can do to increase awareness? What pains me even more is that only one person from JE has spoken out and taken a stand. It pains me to think that other JE members could be enduring the same and unable to seek help.

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Jan 4th, '07, 02:31

ryobreak wrote:It's not that easy. Everything that happens off-stage (i.e. things which cannot be monitored) is virtually immune to prosecution.

It is true that the "celebrity world," is often embroiled in such acts and that is no secret. Not only does it happen in Japan, most countries have also had such examples.

However, I am personally shocked and outraged that Johnny Kitamura can continue his filthy escapades. These JE members (many of them Jr. members) are younger than 18 years old! And I have NEVER heard of a male assaulting a male in the celebrity world, other than of Johnny Kitamura to his recruits.

If these are just lewd rumors circulated by Japanese papparazi, then I apologize. But since a former JE member actually filed a lawsuit (courtesy Wikipedia), it really gives me doubts about Mr.Kitamura's innocence.

Is there something we can do to increase awareness? What pains me even more is that only one person from JE has spoken out and taken a stand. It pains me to think that other JE members could be enduring the same and unable to seek help.
what we can only do is basically boycott, which would kill JE's business
but then the JE members would also suffer from this sort of thing

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 4th, '07, 02:32

ryobreak wrote:It's not that easy. Everything that happens off-stage (i.e. things which cannot be monitored) is virtually immune to prosecution.

i will go to j.e. today and tell the employees that if you are a victim of something come to us yes we are the american army but we stand for the liberties and rights of all people of the world so tell them there is help there are thousands of u.s.military bases all over japan

Wuzixi

Post by Wuzixi » Jan 4th, '07, 02:35

there also a lot of those stuff in Quebec. Being rich is very nice you know? specially in Asia.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 4th, '07, 02:45

ryobreak wrote:So all of the mothers who send applications on behalf of their sons, all of the j-pop guys who aspire to enter Johnnies, they all do this while acknowledging that they.. might be abused sexually by some old pervert? :cry:

Personally, I thought the same thing when I looked up info about Johnnies...I thought how can any parent knowing that it might be possible for their child to be molested allow them to sign up for Johnnies company...Fame can be great and rewarding but it's not worth the abuse! :glare: ... I also don't belief all of the guys are being abused... But I feel that some of the allegations may be true about a couple of johnnies boys being mistreated.

Truthfully, what can anyone do about it?!...Johnnies over time has become a powerful company and now can silence any future victims..and to be honest Johnnies is no different then the big movies studio companies in America that treated it's younger actors behind close doors the same way...You just don't hear about it a lot... So, I suggest to anyone if you really want to be an actor beware of the "Scum bags" that lurk in the movie industry their is no way to avoid these people...!

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

justice

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 4th, '07, 02:49

the johnny thing starts to sound like the whole micheal jackson thing in the united states
and yeah johnny can silence any of them but if we get those abused victims no matter how powerful johnny is he CANNONT SILENCE THE POWER OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY those victims will be backed by the us.army in japan.

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Jan 4th, '07, 03:09

The power of the US army is severely limited in terms of intervening in Japanese national affairs. Following the official release of the Japanese homeland to the Japanese government, American troops are not permitted to intervene in national affairs without the consent of Japan's government first.

So as much as I would love to see an American G.I. deliver Johnny Kitamura a knock-out blow, its probably not going to happen in the near future (or, it might, but that unfortunate G.I. would get a resignation order).

Japanese "Keisatsu" or police would not investigate a crime... the Japanese police force is weak, inefficient, and laden with corruption.

I think its the fans (such as ourselves) which have the power to make a change. What specifically, I don't know, but for the past few days its really been a nagging and persistent problem in my head.

If Johnnies Entertainment recieved letters from abroad which oppose and lobby against such practices, then they may reconsider abusing their members (or atleast hopefully it will become less frequent).

groink

Post by groink » Jan 4th, '07, 03:39

The way I see things, the only group of people who can stop Johnny are the parents of these young boys. Even with these accusations, the jimusho continue to receive thousands of applicants sent by boys who have a dream of becoming a star. If the parents have any concern about their son becoming Johnny's next "boy", they should put their foot down and forbid the kid from joining JE.

Here's my opinion on JE. I still believe to this day that any young man with pure talent, he does NOT need JE. To me, JE is filled with boys who don't have what it takes to make it on their own, so they need to join a company where they will do EVERYTHING for them, and practically raise the boys for the parents. In other words, JE is filled with 2nd-rate talent. Men who have made it big without JE IMHO has a ton more talent than any one of JE's groups put together. Look at the non-JE talent out there today... Tsumabuki Satoshi, Fukushi Seiji, Segawa Ryo, Yamada Takayuki... It is still possible for young men to make it big without the help of Johnny.

It is a fact that JE practically owns the entire geinokai, and that it has the power to bring down any actor, TV show and/or network. IMHO, JE is the closest legal thing to the yakuza. It doesn't have to break an arm or cut off a pinkie to get the message across. All Johnny has to do is pick up the phone, call a TV producer, and both the producer and the TV network will be eating out of Johnny's hand. What is a TV network's worst nightmare? Being on Johnny's black-list!!! Imagine a TV network be black-listed and never ever having a Johnny boy on any of your shows. You might as well switch your programming format to documentaries about planting rice 24-hours a day because all the other networks will have the Johnny boys, and your network will be left with 0.0 points.

If the boys aren't sleeping with Johnny, then it is probably a three-some between Johnny, the producers of MUSIC STATION and Tamori. And they're going to need a lot of lubricant.

--- groink

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jan 6th, '07, 00:32

...Look on the bright side, hes what? 80 something? He'll be gone soon, and someone else will run the company!

shime

Post by shime » Jan 6th, '07, 00:46

Just sayin'. Johnny isn't really the one who 'runs' the company anymore. It's his sister Mary or his niece Julie or something. He's around for the big events though (ie: announcement of KAT-TUN's debut).

The guys also don't live in dormitories anymore because of the rumors. I think the last debuted group to have to live in dorms was Kinki Kids, but this is just what I've read around on the internet.

But imo, suing Johnny and succeeding would be lucrative.

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Jan 6th, '07, 01:03

Big corporations are always like this, so I'm not surprised to hear this at all. I dunno. It sounds true enough, but for some reason, it still has an air of blankness to it. If it was true, we'd hear way more about it from past JE members. Just an opinion, though~

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 6th, '07, 04:09

ryobreak wrote:The power of the US army is severely limited in terms of intervening in Japanese national affairs. Following the official release of the Japanese homeland to the Japanese government, American troops are not permitted to intervene in national affairs without the consent of Japan's government first.

So as much as I would love to see an American G.I. deliver Johnny Kitamura a knock-out blow, its probably not going to happen in the near future (or, it might, but that unfortunate G.I. would get a resignation order).

Japanese "Keisatsu" or police would not investigate a crime... the Japanese police force is weak, inefficient, and laden with corruption.

I think its the fans (such as ourselves) which have the power to make a change. What specifically, I don't know, but for the past few days its really been a nagging and persistent problem in my head.

If Johnnies Entertainment recieved letters from abroad which oppose and lobby against such practices, then they may reconsider abusing their members (or atleast hopefully it will become less frequent).
Ha HA RYOBACK ur wrong i got em i freakin got him
1.johnny is an american citizen and 2 he served in our military hah,
Johnny’s Jimusho (literally Johnny’s Office) was started by California-born Japanese-American Johnny Kitagawa in 1963. Johnny originally came to Japan while serving in the U.S. Army, remaining in the country after discharge. He still runs the company together with his sister Mary.so there you go the united states military and government has the right to get into internal affairs of another country when it envolves any of its citizens or employees,in this case johnny is both,so i got the bastard dead to rights at this time i am forwarding the order to sector commmand,to retrieve johnnys military files and requesting an order to sieze johnny kitagawa and johnny entertainment,as of now the u.s.a has full juristiction on this matter.

baka_maki

Post by baka_maki » Jan 8th, '07, 06:58

this is so horrible :cry:

i dont want my JE boys (esp ryochan!!) to be harassed by kitagawa

i REALLY want that guy to be arrested but at the same time, all the ppl in Johnnys will likely to lose their career and the whole JE entertainment will be gone
itll be so sad if i dont see ryo anymore and all the other ppl in JE

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 8th, '07, 08:27

baka_maki wrote:this is so horrible :cry:

i dont want my JE boys (esp ryochan!!) to be harassed by kitagawa

i REALLY want that guy to be arrested but at the same time, all the ppl in Johnnys will likely to lose their career and the whole JE entertainment will be gone
itll be so sad if i dont see ryo anymore and all the other ppl in JE
yeah i know im sorry but i have to do this we will not allow crminals to go unpunished and i will personal be the 1 to put that bullet between johnnys eyes,me in the 3rd.amored divid.will be deployed to take johnny and siege j.e,we the u.s.army is awating the order from the departement of defense,to give us a go on the mission,and like i said before johnny is an american citizen by birth and is ex-us.army so by all means the usa has the right to interfer in the internal affiars of japan when it comes down to our people.

manon

Post by manon » Jan 9th, '07, 03:27

i really do doubt they're being harassed right now tho....dude have u seen that guy? i'm sure ryo could outrun him anyday...this is a new age and time and if johnny is still doing this (which i doubt) then its ridiculous.

chocopico

Post by chocopico » Jan 9th, '07, 04:24

Well, if the things about the old guy Johnny K (now, i know his name) is true ( about him go and molesting boys) the parents and the boys should know better, so, if they still wants to join Johnny (then I guess that's the price to pay for fame and money).
Anyway, to be clear I don't think all of the boys in Johnny got molested, just the few (few, I mean 1 or 2) who is unlucky, I mean if you have seen them (KAT-TUN, T&T, V6,etc) they don't actually seem like somebody who is in trauma because they got molested, they all are just fine and normal (to me).
Besides, my sensei said that if the old Johnny wanted to molest a boy, he would only choose the one who has an interest in that stuff (what I mean is gay), if not, he won't touch them.

chocopico

Post by chocopico » Jan 9th, '07, 04:30

groink wrote:The way I see things, the only group of people who can stop Johnny are the parents of these young boys. Even with these accusations, the jimusho continue to receive thousands of applicants sent by boys who have a dream of becoming a star. If the parents have any concern about their son becoming Johnny's next "boy", they should put their foot down and forbid the kid from joining JE.

Here's my opinion on JE. I still believe to this day that any young man with pure talent, he does NOT need JE. To me, JE is filled with boys who don't have what it takes to make it on their own, so they need to join a company where they will do EVERYTHING for them, and practically raise the boys for the parents. In other words, JE is filled with 2nd-rate talent. Men who have made it big without JE IMHO has a ton more talent than any one of JE's groups put together. Look at the non-JE talent out there today... Tsumabuki Satoshi, Fukushi Seiji, Segawa Ryo, Yamada Takayuki... It is still possible for young men to make it big without the help of Johnny.

It is a fact that JE practically owns the entire geinokai, and that it has the power to bring down any actor, TV show and/or network. IMHO, JE is the closest legal thing to the yakuza. It doesn't have to break an arm or cut off a pinkie to get the message across. All Johnny has to do is pick up the phone, call a TV producer, and both the producer and the TV network will be eating out of Johnny's hand. What is a TV network's worst nightmare? Being on Johnny's black-list!!! Imagine a TV network be black-listed and never ever having a Johnny boy on any of your shows. You might as well switch your programming format to documentaries about planting rice 24-hours a day because all the other networks will have the Johnny boys, and your network will be left with 0.0 points.

If the boys aren't sleeping with Johnny, then it is probably a three-some between Johnny, the producers of MUSIC STATION and Tamori. And they're going to need a lot of lubricant.

--- groink
2nd rate talent??? Do you know them?

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 12th, '07, 10:52

groink wrote:The way I see things, the only group of people who can stop Johnny are the parents of these young boys. Even with these accusations, the jimusho continue to receive thousands of applicants sent by boys who have a dream of becoming a star. If the parents have any concern about their son becoming Johnny's next "boy", they should put their foot down and forbid the kid from joining JE.

--- groink
lol 2nd rate talent lmao i got 3 kids in johnnies this guy is nuts i think hes been smoking that reefer,or somthing

Fahishah

Post by Fahishah » Jan 20th, '07, 03:38

this is so horrible :cry:

i dont want my JE boys (esp Ya-Ya-yah 7 Yabu-chan) to be harassed by kitagawa :cry:

itll be so sad if i dont see yabu & Ya-Ya-yah anymore and all the other ppl in JE :-(

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Jan 20th, '07, 03:55

Fahishah wrote:this is so horrible :cry:

i dont want my JE boys (esp Ya-Ya-yah 7 Yabu-chan) to be harassed by kitagawa :cry:

itll be so sad if i dont see yabu & Ya-Ya-yah anymore and all the other ppl in JE :-(
I don't think they will lose their careers...if anything another talent agency would hire alot of former johnnys actors...

deshou

Post by deshou » Jan 20th, '07, 04:09

marie_23 wrote:
Fahishah wrote:this is so horrible :cry:

I don't think they will lose their careers...if anything another talent agency would hire alot of former johnnys actors...

I agree with u on this. And even if Johnny guy is put away, there is always someone else to run the agency, some relative or whoever. Guess someone already doesrun it, as it was stated before.

himekohimura
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by himekohimura » Jan 20th, '07, 04:34

Johnny's is a big company who can silence whoever they like.
In fact, those journals and stuff that everyone talks about (Hikaru GENJI e and those other articles) are not even in book stores. (believe me, I've tried to find it.) So Johnny's has covered up this issue very well. And the entirety of Japan knows about this, but they don't care. In fact, most of them think it's just unfounded rumors, which is the reason why parents still send their kids to Johnny's. It's not because their ignorant, they just don't think that it'll happen to their kids. Gotta remember, Japanese culture is different. We might think "OMG WTH." when they're like "Oh, whatever." And I doubt if we send letters to Johnny's, they're just going to stop what their doing. It's molestation; have you heard of a guy who just happens to stop molesting kids just because they got a letter? Be realistic.

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 20th, '07, 05:52

himekohimura wrote:Johnny's is a big company who can silence whoever they like.
In fact, those journals and stuff that everyone talks about (Hikaru GENJI e and those other articles) are not even in book stores. (believe me, I've tried to find it.) So Johnny's has covered up this issue very well. And the entirety of Japan knows about this, but they don't care. In fact, most of them think it's just unfounded rumors, which is the reason why parents still send their kids to Johnny's. It's not because their ignorant, they just don't think that it'll happen to their kids. Gotta remember, Japanese culture is different. We might think "OMG WTH." when they're like "Oh, whatever." And I doubt if we send letters to Johnny's, they're just going to stop what their doing. It's molestation; have you heard of a guy who just happens to stop molesting kids just because they got a letter? Be realistic.
lol dude like i said before i freakin got him
1.johnny is an american citizen and 2 he served in our military hah,
Johnny’s Jimusho (literally Johnny’s Office) was started by California-born Japanese-American Johnny Kitagawa in 1963. Johnny originally came to Japan while serving in the U.S. Army, remaining in the country after discharge. He still runs the company together with his sister Mary.so there you go the united states military and government has the right to get into internal affairs of another country when it envolves any of its citizens or employees,in this case johnny is both,so i got the bastard dead to rights at this time i am forwarding the order to sector commmand,to retrieve johnnys military files and requesting an order to sieze johnny kitagawa and johnny entertainment,as of now the u.s.a has full juristiction on this matter,and this time since johnnies a us citizen we have proof and jurisdiction on the matter trust me johnny can do alot to the media but HE CANT SHUT DOWN THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT AND ITS MILITARY.

emrams

Post by emrams » Jan 20th, '07, 06:01

Who the hell are you LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO. You sound like a psycho too dude.

himekohimura
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by himekohimura » Jan 20th, '07, 06:28

um, sorry to disappoint, but Johnny is a Japanese citizen now...

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Jan 20th, '07, 06:30

himekohimura wrote:um, sorry to disappoint, but Johnny is a Japanese citizen now...
lol but hes still an american only way that can happen is if he renounces his citizen ship and its easy and very good to apply for duel citizenship

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jan 20th, '07, 10:23

All I have to say about JE and it's power to banish those who are useless or go against them is:

"What the hell happened to Jimmy?" XD

Of course, it may have been Jimmy's own choice to completely disappear from the spotlight. Who am I to say it's Johnny's fault when I don't know any facts?

dragon35fire90

Post by dragon35fire90 » Jan 20th, '07, 15:13

What did happen to Jimmy...?

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Jan 22nd, '07, 05:34

marie_23 wrote: I don't think they will lose their careers...if anything another talent agency would hire alot of former johnnys actors...
Yup...Avex does. Avex takes the H!P and Johnny's cast-offs. I'm sure they'd like someone who actually passes the auditions...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 31st, '07, 21:55

The Jimusho organisation is really very powerful. Not easy to take action against them. they control so many lines of businesses. It's not just a talent agency anymore... finger in every pie in the entertainment world. Some of the companies would be protective because they are tied in with Jimusho.
The SMAP group have their own manager and at one time a few years ago they were on the verge of going it alone. Suddenly Goro pulled that stupid trick with the traffic cop and everything came to a stop. He was ostracised for months and could not even go on the concert tour with the group. The others were devastated and their manager could not go on with any attempt to separate from Jimusho.
If you think about just the tremendous work and staff that goes into the yearly concert tour you can soon see that millions of dollars are spent for the actual set up of stages at Tokyo dome and the other huge stadiums. then the costumes and the music and the many dancers. think about the staff behind the scenes who only cook meals for the performers. SMAP alone could never put on that kind of show and they would also have Jimusho working against them with a vengeance. Also where would they do their TV shows??
Colonel..if Johnny still retains Japanese dual citizenshhip he would have a strong card to play in the courts. Since the US army does not even go out of their way to find deserters most of the time I doubt they would be keen to dive into the Japanese entertainment industry to catch an old pervert.
I may be wrong. I was wrong once before.

Peggy

christ_freak

Post by christ_freak » Jul 31st, '07, 22:45

I thought i should just mention that wikipedia can not be used as a reputable source. It is very easy to login and change information on that website, so you can only trust the information given to a certain point.

phramc

Post by phramc » Jul 31st, '07, 23:36

like someone said I think any one of these boys could kick johnny's butt if he tried anything. maybe he was sexually harassing them a few years back but I don't think it's the case at all these days. I mean come on....look at the situation. 80 year old man. 20ish BUFF hot kid. and what would Johnny get out of it these days. I don't know if it was at all anything it's a thing of the past now.

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Aug 1st, '07, 02:01

Peggy wrote:The Jimusho organisation is really very powerful. Not easy to take action against them. they control so many lines of businesses. It's not just a talent agency anymore... finger in every pie in the entertainment world. Some of the companies would be protective because they are tied in with Jimusho.
The SMAP group have their own manager and at one time a few years ago they were on the verge of going it alone. Suddenly Goro pulled that stupid trick with the traffic cop and everything came to a stop. He was ostracised for months and could not even go on the concert tour with the group. The others were devastated and their manager could not go on with any attempt to separate from Jimusho.
If you think about just the tremendous work and staff that goes into the yearly concert tour you can soon see that millions of dollars are spent for the actual set up of stages at Tokyo dome and the other huge stadiums. then the costumes and the music and the many dancers. think about the staff behind the scenes who only cook meals for the performers. SMAP alone could never put on that kind of show and they would also have Jimusho working against them with a vengeance. Also where would they do their TV shows??
Colonel..if Johnny still retains Japanese dual citizenshhip he would have a strong card to play in the courts. Since the US army does not even go out of their way to find deserters most of the time I doubt they would be keen to dive into the Japanese entertainment industry to catch an old pervert.
I may be wrong. I was wrong once before.

Peggy
your right we dont go all out like that but that dual citizenship works agianst him he would still be tied to us laws,and if say the victims did attempt to have him tried and convicted in a us court since the us gov and japans gov work so closely together and since so large volume of us troops are based all over japan including the captial tokyo,the us gov would tell the army to arrest him if hes guilty,becuase one hes a international fugitive so that falls under the federal arrest power which is carried out by the armed forces or fbi and cia but since the army is already all over japan it would be simple and easy to use the armed forces branch of the federal arrest power to have him captured.

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Aug 3rd, '07, 07:59

<b>LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO</b>
wow. you never quit do you. stop saying things that only disappoint people. not only that, nobody wants to hear this but you. this is NOT a government class nor government site so what is your deal with obsessing over these so-called facts. get over it. nobody wants to hear it. if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 3rd, '07, 08:14

if this is true...then i pity those boys who got molested...i don't even wanna think about my fave je guys going through these things...

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

?

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Aug 3rd, '07, 10:26

yeah what the hell happened to jimmy LOL :idea:

Dymed_AnGel

Post by Dymed_AnGel » Aug 3rd, '07, 11:19

Rumours will be rumours until proven officially other-wise. And @LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO: Get an f-ing life. I didn't like you on msn and I sure as hell don't like you here. Back off with all your bullcrap already. We ain't eating it.

-Kame~

LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO

Post by LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO » Aug 3rd, '07, 14:13

da rumors suck oh the new cartoon kattun is on tv ill translate it soon

hitoshi yamamoto

Post by hitoshi yamamoto » Aug 3rd, '07, 14:37

Dymed_AnGel wrote:Rumours will be rumours until proven officially other-wise. And @LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO: Get an f-ing life. I didn't like you on msn and I sure as hell don't like you here. Back off with all your bullcrap already. We ain't eating it.

-Kame~
wow theres alot of rumors in here and whoa you two guys seem to not like eachother

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Aug 3rd, '07, 14:57

Dymed_AnGel wrote:Rumours will be rumours until proven officially other-wise. And @LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO: Get an f-ing life. I didn't like you on msn and I sure as hell don't like you here. Back off with all your bullcrap already. We ain't eating it.

-Kame~
Please stay on topic. If you have some personal matters with LT.COL.KAZUYA KANESHIRO, PM and discuss with him/her.
Otherwise the thread will be locked by moderators and you and him will take responsibilty for that.

Think about it.
Thank you in advance.

cluelessyf

Post by cluelessyf » Aug 4th, '07, 08:10

christ_freak wrote:I thought i should just mention that wikipedia can not be used as a reputable source. It is very easy to login and change information on that website, so you can only trust the information given to a certain point.
it's not just wikipedia that has this stuff up there. i googled this stuff and i saw a bunch of articles about johnny's pedophilia... ughhhhhhh. when i think about it.. it's just GROSSS. wat if all our fav. je boys did that with him? omgaaaawd -___-'' with him there i BET half the boys there aren't virgins by the time they turn 13 or something... well i hope not but -____________-;;

groink

Post by groink » Aug 4th, '07, 08:47

I can see how tragic this information is for Johnny fans. Terrible. If I heard anything bad about an artist I really like, I would be devastated! Like if I heard that Miyazaki Aoi was a lezbo and like to walk around in race queen costumes, I would be.... Wait..... actually I would be totally turned on by that.

Forget I said anything.

--- groink

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 4th, '07, 13:11

i agree with cluelesslyf...it would be so sad to imagine my fave je artists going through all those horrible things...and even more sad is them not leaving je after everything...i mean getting abused is bad enough, but letting it happen to you is worse...SO, i really hope this isn't true -_-

kiyoko_ruri

Post by kiyoko_ruri » Aug 4th, '07, 13:31

--- groink

I TOTALLY agree with you dude!
But then again, I hope the rumour isn't true as to what those sources were spreaded around... TwT;;

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Aug 4th, '07, 13:49

I heard this rumour many times
.......I hope he's not molesting or abusing anyone.

I love the entertainers on JE
.....But Mr.Kitagawa himself...I don't like him, something I just don't like

But I also cannot automatically jump the gun and say he's a child molestor until I see some kind of proof, I suspect it but I won't make a false accusation.

seira

Post by seira » Aug 7th, '07, 21:55

i know this thread has quieted down, but i just wanted to throw in my two cent.

I read this information over at japanese version of wikipedia on johnny's jimusho.

Supposedly, if you cause problem to johnny's jimusho, even if you are their talent, the jimusho will try everything to destroy you. For people who have left the jimusho piecefully and transfered to other talent agencies are fine, but if you actually get to jimusho's bad side, johnny will use all his power to make sure you won't get a job. So i think even if the boys can physically beat this johnny kitagawa guy, i doubt they will actually do so under the situation because they will risk everything.

I am johnny's fan, but i just think this is the reality.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Aug 7th, '07, 22:49

I've read that Johnny Kitagawa doesn't really have an active role in managing the artists anymore - his sister does it now. He's only a sort of figurehead for Johnny's and appears at only a couple big occasions. For that matter, none of the Johnny's artists live in dorms anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if these changes were due to those scandals.

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Aug 9th, '07, 20:17

Well Johnny really doesn't really do that much anymore.. I think he only does the Auditions... can't be sure, and if u really wanna know here u go credit goes to ricci ne shes such a sweetheart

Johnny's Jimusho
Main personalities

Representative director's board president: Johnny Kitagawa (Kitagawa Hiromu, born 1931)
Representative director's board vice president and president of Johnny's Entertainment: Mary Kitagawa (Fujishima Mary Yasuko, born 1929)
Representative director's board vice president and president of J-Storm: Fujishima July Keiko (Fujishima Mary Yasuko's eldest daughter, born 1966)
Director's board PR department head: Shirahase Suguru (from Watanabe Productions, another agency which ceased to exist 2000)
Director's board: Yazaki Masami (矢崎政実, not sure of the reading)
Director's board: Izu Kikue
Consultant: Kosugi Ryûzô (Head of Smile Company)

As u can see he's no Longer the President but his Sister Mary ^^
There are sooo much rumours that exsist... u hardly know which are true... but I think this one eversince the Court Trial and the book have been the Iceing on the Cake ._.

hitoshi yamamoto

Post by hitoshi yamamoto » Aug 16th, '07, 14:24

LeckerSchmecker wrote:Well Johnny really doesn't really do that much anymore.. I think he only does the Auditions... can't be sure, and if u really wanna know here u go credit goes to ricci ne shes such a sweetheart

Johnny's Jimusho
Main personalities

Representative director's board president: Johnny Kitagawa (Kitagawa Hiromu, born 1931)
Representative director's board vice president and president of Johnny's Entertainment: Mary Kitagawa (Fujishima Mary Yasuko, born 1929)
Representative director's board vice president and president of J-Storm: Fujishima July Keiko (Fujishima Mary Yasuko's eldest daughter, born 1966)
Director's board PR department head: Shirahase Suguru (from Watanabe Productions, another agency which ceased to exist 2000)

There are sooo much rumours that exsist... u hardly know which are true... but I think this one eversince the Court Trial and the book have been the Iceing on the Cake ._.
lol trust me johnny is still president cmon if you built and empire all by yourself and its great wouldnt you keep running that empire? cmon you wouldnt retire this late in the game.

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Aug 16th, '07, 14:58

hitoshi yamamoto wrote:
LeckerSchmecker wrote:Well Johnny really doesn't really do that much anymore.. I think he only does the Auditions... can't be sure, and if u really wanna know here u go credit goes to ricci ne shes such a sweetheart

Johnny's Jimusho
Main personalities

lol trust me johnny is still president cmon if you built and empire all by yourself and its great wouldnt you keep running that empire? cmon you wouldnt retire this late in the game.
Well at that age YES I would retire~~~ He's still got the Comando ain't saying anything against that~~~ He'S still ruleing his empire (muhahahaha XD) But lseeing it like that Mary is now President... If u get what I mean XD (maybe not but thats ok ^^)

StarlightDreams

Post by StarlightDreams » Aug 19th, '07, 01:52

EDIT: Just nevermind.
Last edited by StarlightDreams on May 9th, '09, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

carrieke

Post by carrieke » Aug 20th, '07, 14:57

StarlightDreams wrote: First of all, they are rumors, yes somebody did sue him for molestation or whatever, but maybe the guy was lying or mistook something that wasn't it for molestation.
Second, have you guys ever met Johnny, so how would you know he's such a horrible guy.
I don't mean to heat up any discussion by this but there wasn't just ONE guy. There were many more but most of them were silenced in time. for instance, in 1996 there was also the claim of Hiramoto Junya. off course it's natural that rumours about this kind of company would float but don't be too foolish, if there had only been one boy complaining it could have been just a rumour, however since there are many more don't just diss this or think that those guys were lying for the attention. No man in his right mind will say and spread stuff like this about Johnny since he can ruin you.

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Aug 20th, '07, 18:25

carrieke wrote:
StarlightDreams wrote: First of all, they are rumors, yes somebody did sue him for molestation or whatever, but maybe the guy was lying or mistook something that wasn't it for molestation.
Second, have you guys ever met Johnny, so how would you know he's such a horrible guy.
I don't mean to heat up any discussion by this but there wasn't just ONE guy. There were many more but most of them were silenced in time. for instance, in 1996 there was also the claim of Hiramoto Junya. off course it's natural that rumours about this kind of company would float but don't be too foolish, if there had only been one boy complaining it could have been just a rumour, however since there are many more don't just diss this or think that those guys were lying for the attention. No man in his right mind will say and spread stuff like this about Johnny since he can ruin you.
LoL have u met johnny??? Not everybody thinks hes horrible~~

And Shes right It wasnt just one Guy... there were more

docipain

Post by docipain » Aug 21st, '07, 02:11

LeckerSchmecker wrote: LoL have u met johnny??? Not everybody thinks hes horrible~~
yeah like me! O_o
johnny can't be that horrible if he gives a few johnny's one day more holiday although it's working day the day after that. He could be mean..saying.."I don't care how you come back to Japan. You just have to be there!" But he doesn't...he can't be that evil....

and yes maybe these rumours are true...but well...it belongs to the fast...Johnny's life is soon over..no i don't want it that soon, dunno why.
But I am wondering what happens after Johnny is gone.
Maybe the truth is coming out for real? o_O

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Aug 21st, '07, 19:12

kiyoko_ruri wrote:

--- groink

I TOTALLY agree with you dude!
But then again, I hope the rumour isn't true as to what those sources were spreaded around... TwT;;
LOL at you groink!! im a Johnny fan but at the same time im also interested with this faggotry issue!! And yo, some JE are :glare:

and please add Tamaki Hiroshi on yr Non-JE hotties!!!

Popdog

Post by Popdog » Aug 21st, '07, 19:55

Haha, since this thread came alive again, I'll add my bit.

I think you don't have to worry about the young ones getting abused by an 80+ year old man. Johnny probably does not have the sexual energy anymore to get things going...

Plus if you wanted to take down JE to save the boys, all your favorites guys will be the ones hurt by it. First, everyone will want to know who Johnny actually molested, and every Junior will be hounded by this question for just about the rest of their career. And if a Junior DID get molested, will that help or hurt his career?

Second, by taking down JE, you would never know about anymore new Johnny groups since they will stop taking and training new kids. Might as well consider Hey!Say!7 as the final group of JE you will ever see.

Third, the reality of life is that you pay a price to get what you want. Any of those Juniors, if they are really molested, could have fled or blown the whistle to get Johnny. But they didn't. Probably because it seems that the Juniors are a determined bunch. They work hard to succeed and if having to endure Johnny is part of the price, then it seems that they are willing to pay it. See, other people pay a price to get what they want in life too...some people work hard and lose family and friend social time, other people study hard and drink coffee all night long to get their grades at school. Others have to move to a remote location to get better job prospects. I can bet some of the readers here would consider being the attention of an 80 year old man a minor issue as long they become a major celebrity.

Not to say being molested is okay of course...but it's really up to the individual where their values are, and where they draw the line in how much crap they are willing to take.

But back to main point. Johnny is too old to be going like that anymore unless he's taking some pills.... :-P

sugaraxie

Post by sugaraxie » Aug 30th, '07, 18:59

I just wanted to throw something in here...

At the beginning when the US Army dude was going on and on about how he's going to take Johnny down because he's a US Citizen...and then someone mentioned that he is now a Japanese Citizen -- and then there was talk about dual citizenship...

Well, that's bullshit. After the age of 20 you are required to choose your Japanese citizenship/nationality OR another one. What I mean is -- if you're an American Citizen and move to Japan and obtain Japanese Citizenship -- you MUST chose between one or the other. Under Japanese law you cannot have dual citizenship. Tough luck, kids.

You can even check it on this website.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 30th, '07, 22:55

This is whipping a dead horse issue....but there has always been this issue and not just in Japan. the casting couch is a fact of life in LaLaLand. Very few lilywhite in show business I am afraid. As 'audience' we tend to close our eyes to unpleasant aspects and just enjoy the final results.
The only ones who can do anything about this are the people who want to be in show business and they would all disappear from view. No career at all.
Sad but true.

Peg

in2sky
Japan

Re: justice

Post by in2sky » Sep 3rd, '07, 20:43

ARE YOU NUTS?
or is that a joke??

and yeah johnny can silence any of them but if we get those abused victims no matter how powerful johnny is he CANNONT SILENCE THE POWER OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY those victims will be backed by the us.army in japan.[/quote]

okitagirl

Post by okitagirl » Sep 3rd, '07, 21:11

I don't understand why anyone think the US military would get involved in sexual abuse allegations. They don't do that in the US so why in the world would they get involved in Japan's internal affairs? The function of our military is not to stop this kind of thing. They don't stop it here with the catholic priest so Johnny is very very safe. Not to mention, they have enough on their plates fighting their own abuse allegations.

francie4life

Post by francie4life » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:31

Yo. New to this site. Anyhoo. I KNEW IT! I was thinking, "Johnny's Entertainment... Only accepts guys under 25? Something's fishy." No really, I thought it was strange... I didn't know it would be like this... >_< Anyway, I didn't read the whole thread, so someone summarize?

jaezreen

Post by jaezreen » Sep 27th, '07, 23:56

Whether it was true or not in the past,
I couldn't really tell.

But I'm pretty sure it's not happening anymore now.

One,
He isn't the president in JE anymore.
His sister, Mary, takes over.
Of course, he still has quite an influence in the company,
but would they really want to tolerate with this guy if he's still making those offenses.

JE guys now are pretty much grown up.
I think they will definitely speak up if Johnny did violate them.

Then, he's an old and apparently, very sick guy.
He's 80-ish years old, and he's constantly at the hospital.
I don't think he would have that much of energy left anyway.

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Sep 28th, '07, 08:52

no matter he's too old to rape boys today,
no matter if the boys are grown ups now,
he should be sent to jail. this is barbary.
you don't even imagine the f**d up contracts
JE does. It's "walk or die"...
Not to mention, as the performers doesn't
write music or lyrics, they don't get any writing royalties.
They are just performers. I am not saying they are poor,
but they are not making the money they should...

hitoshi yamamoto

Post by hitoshi yamamoto » Oct 4th, '07, 16:01

in2sky wrote:no matter he's too old to rape boys today,
no matter if the boys are grown ups now,
he should be sent to jail. this is barbary.
you don't even imagine the f**d up contracts
JE does. It's "walk or die"...
Not to mention, as the performers doesn't
write music or lyrics, they don't get any writing royalties.
They are just performers. I am not saying they are poor,
but they are not making the money they should...
lol yeah they do get ripped off but yeah thats fucked up i wonder do they get dental? any medical insurance alot of huge corparations have works comp i wonder do they get paid vacations and health insurance and maybe even a life insurance policy considering they have to do dangerous stunts sometimes like doing back flips and hanging from the ceiling of a 20story building on a few wires or a bungie cord what if it snaps does je cover the bill for medical and or death?

Mizuki1988

Post by Mizuki1988 » Nov 26th, '07, 18:39

I know it's a bit off topic... But I was wondering if there was a place where I could get some reliable info about how JE actually works. I mean, what's in the contract, what is the daily life of a Johnny's boy like... What are they supposed to do and what money are they making. Is there someplace to get this kind of information in English?

Thanks in advance :)

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Nov 26th, '07, 19:55

here Under Hadaka no Johnny's Forum Index -> Johnny's "Research" ->JE history (first draft) Ull actually find a lot about Johnnys ^^ I read it and she researched really good

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Nov 26th, '07, 20:02

i heard about that abusing mention, too. hope that kind of things aren't happening anymore :( also i know that now the sister of Johnny leads the company.

LeckerSchmecker

Post by LeckerSchmecker » Nov 26th, '07, 20:08

Jup Mary does~~~ Johnnys too old XD

But u gotta love em~~~ They have the best boys ever XD

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Nov 26th, '07, 20:13

LOL yep you gotta love em as Johhny sure does XD