[TwDrama] Romantic Princess (CTV/GTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 24th, '07, 20:50

Puppet Princess wrote:Yes... their lack of concern for quality disturbs me a bit.

I
This is a bash. You might not want to acknowledge it but it is. You've already judged them and say that they do not care about quality. There's nothing constructive about that statement.
but on the DramaWiki site they spelled headquarters "Head Courters".
SUBlimes at one point spelled extension as 'extention' on their blog. No one is perfect.

XoX, you seem apologetic and I, too, hope they accept your apology because I enjoyed watching it on veoh. Personally, I prefer to watch dramas on veoh as opposed to downloading so it worked for me.

I generally laugh at fandom drama but I guess people's feelings were really getting hurt. One thing I do agree with is that they should try to brush it off. Because it's generally the naysayers and critics that have a much louder voice than those who are appreciative. Sad but true.

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 24th, '07, 21:03

Because it's generally the naysayers and critics that have a much louder voice than those who are appreciative. Sad but true.
I also agree with that. Take CWL fansubbed by SUBlimes for example. If you actually read the comments on their blog, the comments are very rude and disrespectful. Then SUBlimes decided to take a break from subbing CWL, but the rude comments still flooded (they were actually even worse than before :glare: ). However, SUBlimes *still* continued to sub CWL and release them on d-addicts under a different name. Well, my point is, no matter how many people praises a group there is bound to be one comment(s) that ticks a group off.

OK back to RP :P . I personally love RP's fast-paced plot. It never bores me. On whether Calvin's character will like Angela or not...
he actually doesn't like her. He will like Genie later on. Calvin is trying to push Angela to Chun, while Chun tries to push her to Calvin. It's pretty funny actually b/c both of them don't want to take over the grandfather's company, but Chun will fall for her eventually... and George and Eric haha.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 24th, '07, 21:12

12bucklemyshoe wrote:
Puppet Princess wrote:Yes... their lack of concern for quality disturbs me a bit.
This is a bash. You might not want to acknowledge it but it is. You've already judged them and say that they do not care about quality. There's nothing constructive about that statement.
Ok, fine. You want me to admit that then I'll admit that. But I say the same thing about anyone who releases something to icefish. So what if they timed it to icefish first. It doesn't take that long to shift the times when the better version comes out. First impressions matter you know. It doesn't matter if they have the best subs ever, I was already put off by icefish + streaming.

SUBlimes at one point spelled extension as 'extention' on their blog. No one is perfect.
...sion and ...tion are one of the most common misspellings.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 24th, '07, 21:17

XoX wrote:

Because it's generally the naysayers and critics that have a much louder voice than those who are appreciative. Sad but true.
I also agree with that. Take CWL fansubbed by SUBlimes for example. If you actually read the comments on their blog, the comments are very rude and disrespectful. Then SUBlimes decided to take a break from subbing CWL, but the rude comments still flooded (they were actually even worse than before :glare: ). However, SUBlimes *still* continued to sub CWL and release them on d-addicts under a different name. Well, my point is, no matter how many people praises a group there is bound to be one comment(s) that ticks a group off.

OK back to RP :P . I personally love RP's fast-paced plot. It never bores me. On whether Calvin's character will like Angela or not...
he actually doesn't like her. He will like Genie later on. Calvin is trying to push Angela to Chun, while Chun tries to push her to Calvin. It's pretty funny actually b/c both of them don't want to take over the grandfather's company, but Chun will fall for her eventually... and George and Eric haha.
lol... yeah, but SUBlimes did stop posting it on their blog, delayed releases then released them under a different name (for whatever reason) so I guess everyone has their own way of dealing with these things. At the time, I thought the entire episode was hilarious but seeing this, I guess it's not easy to deal with this stuff.

They are a new group and hopefully with time, they'll understand that these things come with the package and it's not a reason to stop doing what you love.

Oh, and it was nice for AkumaX to leave a 'semi-official' comment and make it known that it's all love.

Now, as to RP, yeah it is fast paced and I'm glad it's only 10 episodes so I guess things will happen quickly.
I was surprised that Chun's character was already beginning to question his suspicion of Angela's character. Which was funny because they usually drag that for a long time till the character is having internal battles because on one hand, he's attracted to her and on the other, he doesn't trust her.
I'm not reading spoilers so I guess I'll find out what happens in episode 2 when it's subbed.
...sion and ...tion are one of the most common misspellings.
But this doesn't change the fact that it's a misspelling. Common or not. The point is that nobody is perfect. There's no need to make fun of people's mistakes when you can just as easily correct them. When you do that, it appears malicious.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Sep 24th, '07, 21:24

Last edited by AkumaX on Sep 24th, '07, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 24th, '07, 21:30

12bucklemyshoe wrote:But this doesn't change the fact that it's a misspelling. Common or not. The point is that nobody is perfect. There's no need to make fun of people's mistakes when you can just as easily correct them. When you do that, it appears malicious and childish.
I didn't make-fun. I laughed because it took ME so long to figure out what it said. I swear I though it was French for the longest time before I realized I know enough French to know it was still odd. It wasn't until I said it out loud that I figured it out. :lol It made me feel stupid afterwards. Most people don't notice it's spelled wrong when it's ...sion and ..tion though.

I think the previews for ep03 make it obvious that they all kind of fall for her. What with the giddy George attacking Angela.

My Chinese may be very limited but what I got from that conversation between George and Chun near the end was...
... George already was admitting he liked her and Chun does too but he wont admit it.

y0uRfaCe

Post by y0uRfaCe » Sep 24th, '07, 23:34

On behalf of DFS, I would like to apologize for all the cruel and hurtful things that we have said about certain people. We will continue to sub Romantic Princess and have the quality in mind. It is not that we do not care about quality, but that Divx. So sorry for all the inconvenience and to anyone who has been annoyed. But do you know how much "oh the quality sucks" to "OMG SUCH BIG SIZE" we've been through? Have YOU been bashed on D-Addict forums publicly and been talked about? How would your group feel? No one from any group should talk about someone else from another group. So you can get off your pedestal now.

Also, on the spelling error regarding "head quarters," honestly, Puppet Princess, many of your subbing videos have lots of grammar errors, but I have not AT ALL criticized your work as you have bashed DFS. We have appreciated your work, and if you honestly don't like Delicious FS. Your bashing crossed the line and was not criticism but bashing. Do you like it when people say that DoReMii is too slow? Do you like it when people say that DoReMii sucks and "FS group here" is better? Do you like it? I don't think so. And if you have a problem with the video quality, why did you even watch up to 10 minutes of it anyways? But honestly, I don't have time for your bashing comments or your immaturity on the Internet. If you don't have any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or anything nice to say, do not say it at all. I don't have a problem with DRM at all, so I will leave it unspoken.

As well a sorry for SUBlimes for having the same project as them, but kudos to them for taking on this project. =)

Thank you for all who has been supporting our group and been so supportive. We appreciate it and we will continue subbing Romantic Princess for all you who are appreciative and supportive! <33 Much love.

-y0uRfaCe

P.S: XoX, if you do not like the quality do not watch it at all, and behalf of DFS, we accept your apology.

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 24th, '07, 23:53

y0uRfaCe wrote:On behalf of DFS, I would like to apologize for all the cruel and hurtful things that we have said about certain people. We will continue to sub Romantic Princess and have the quality in mind. It is not that we do not care about quality, but that Divx. So sorry for all the inconvenience and to anyone who has been annoyed. But do you know how much "oh the quality sucks" to "OMG SUCH BIG SIZE" we've been through? Have YOU been bashed on D-Addict forums publicly and been talked about? How would your group feel? No one from any group should talk about someone else from another group. So you can get off your pedestal now.

Also, on the spelling error regarding "head quarters," honestly, Puppet Princess, many of your subbing videos have lots of grammar errors, but I have not AT ALL criticized your work as you have bashed DFS. We have appreciated your work, and if you honestly don't like Delicious FS. Your bashing crossed the line and was not criticism but bashing. Do you like it when people say that DoReMii is too slow? Do you like it when people say that DoReMii sucks and "FS group here" is better? Do you like it? I don't think so. And if you have a problem with the video quality, why did you even watch up to 10 minutes of it anyways? But honestly, I don't have time for your bashing comments or your immaturity on the Internet. If you don't have any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or anything nice to say, do not say it at all. I don't have a problem with DRM at all, so I will leave it unspoken.

As well a sorry for SUBlimes for having the same project as them, but kudos to them for taking on this project. =)

Thank you for all who has been supporting our group and been so supportive. We appreciate it and we will continue subbing Romantic Princess for all you who are appreciative and supportive! <33 Much love.

-y0uRfaCe

P.S: XoX, if you do not like the quality do not watch it at all, and behalf of DFS, we accept your apology.
Well, I guess I do understand where you guys are coming from for subbing this project and I DO understand the painstaking process of subbing (I have subbed a Vietnamese video in English... it drove me crazy).

However, the one thing that DID get me pretty pissed was the name-calling. I also accept your apology for the name-calling, and I'm glad that you have accepted my apology.

About the quality, I guess I was a little too excited that I had my expectations set pretty high, and when I saw the video I was a little disappointed. Then again, I thought about how this was your first drama project (and a popular one at that), and how quick you guys released it. So, I will say again. I do appreciate your subs and I will continue to watch and *support* you guys (whether you like it or not) :P .

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Sep 24th, '07, 23:55

I really hope everyone can understand DFS. I'm so glad they are subbing this really fast, I dont feel like waiting for one of those BIG groups to sub it for us.

As for the quality, I dont mind! Im just happy there subbing it!

Thanks !!

lilsushi213

Post by lilsushi213 » Sep 25th, '07, 00:01

Babyitshind wrote:I really hope everyone can understand DFS. I'm so glad they are subbing this really fast, I dont feel like waiting for one of those BIG groups to sub it for us.

As for the quality, I dont mind! Im just happy there subbing it!

Thanks !!
Oh oh, let's not say that. We're all very glad (no matter how small or large a fan sub group is) that there are even fan sub groups!! Fast or slow, either way, appreciation grows. :thumleft: :thumright:
Let's spread the love, shall we? :) ...You all get what I mean. Hahaha.

y0uRfaCe

Post by y0uRfaCe » Sep 25th, '07, 00:07

Regarding the quality... Does anyone know any encoding programs that get high quality? I can't seem to find any. =X

ccdj
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ccdj » Sep 25th, '07, 00:30

Try look around at www.videohelp.com for tips.. There are lots of tips on how to make better quality video.

messa

Post by messa » Sep 25th, '07, 03:42

OK...I think everyone should just grow up and being an adult here :D All the argument will not do anyone any good. I believe you should just appreciate the fact the SOMEONE is subbing the drama. Most of you will be begging for some group to sub a drama that everyone wants to watch. So...beggars can not be choosers.

DF and Sublime: please do not be in the same level as those who are complaining. When you punish "the bad" you are also punishing those of us who appreciate you and worship your work. Do not let the "crazy" get to you. We are just very happy that someone is doing the subs on our favorite drama. No matter if some words are misspelled or quality of video is not as good. Who cares, we get to watch it.

EVERYONE: Take a deep breath and take a chill pill.

:P

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 25th, '07, 05:28

Just watched episode 2.

Angela is a horrible actress.

WZ is hot. And an ass. And hot. And his car is pretty sweet, too. Oh, and he's stupid.

The show is definitely moving faster than average. It's feeling more like a JDrama.

And I cried. (Which I do a lot when watching shows.)

Can't wait 'till epi 3!!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 25th, '07, 05:37

ethidda wrote:Just watched episode 2.

WZ is hot. And an ass. And hot. And his car is pretty sweet, too. Oh, and he's stupid.

The show is definitely moving faster than average. It's feeling more like a JDrama.

Can't wait 'till epi 3!!

:lol Oddly enough I remember while I watched it thinking. "Not sure what's going on but damn is Chun's car sweet."

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 25th, '07, 06:54

Puppet Princess wrote::lol Oddly enough I remember while I watched it thinking. "Not sure what's going on but damn is Chun's car sweet."
Isn't it? I want to tell mommy that I want one, but she probably wouldn't buy me one. *sigh* The pains from watching drama.

Anyways, I'm almost tempted to write a summary, but knowing me, it'll turn into a novel (as Pauli calls it)... so I won't do that. But in that particular scene
Angela runs out of the house because she finds out her parents are leaving for Brazil, indefinitely. The Yin head housekeeper/butler dude tries to stop her, but she distracts the guys "creatively" and then run out of the house with WZ cutting off the guys who chase her. She then begs him to take her to the airport. And he says okay (and other stuff). First nice thing he does for her, I think.

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 25th, '07, 12:54

ethidda wrote:Just watched episode 2.

Can't wait 'till epi 3!!
Thanks for the key sentences, why is WC an ass and why is Angela a horrible actress? I found her crying in episode 1 pretty convincing.
BTW, the scene you described sounds very interesting, I can't wait to see it. Why are
Angela's parents going to Brazil indefinitely?
XoX wrote:
Who's Genie? So what, Chun thinks Calvin likes her?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 25th, '07, 13:10

i am still watching this show even though the thread has pissed me off so much yesterday.
some of us came from different countries and culture that one can just interpret things differently and have point point of views of their own..

i apologize for making this thread to seem as a battle ground.
what's done is done..

-for the main topic
i am still looking forward for episode 2, since i cannot picture out angela zhang with a younger man at her side. i have been used to seeing her with older guys.... (i wish it was wallace hou instead!) but then... i am still in episode 1. my opinion of her partner would still change in the process.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 25th, '07, 14:34

Don't you bash Angela as horrible actress! The again, I am biased. I'll say she is great even if she is not. :P

Oh, I love the scene in front of Mai's tiny castle.
Parents got sent off to far away Brazil. House was dark and empty. Xiao Mai has nowhere to go and no money on her. She kneeled down and started to cry in front the house. Then, Jin waltz by and "tries" to comfort her. Naturally, she told him to beat it. So he slowly walked away. Then, Xiao Mai jumped up with her real crying turning into a fake one calling after Jin. (That scene is classic :lol ) Then, we see him trying to control the grin on his face.
It should be a sad scene, but it turned into a really funny one.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 25th, '07, 14:46

Kumaxell wrote:Don't you bash Angela as horrible actress! The again, I am biased. I'll say she is great even if she is not. :P

Oh, I love the scene in front of Mai's tiny castle.
Parents got sent off to far away Brazil. House was dark and empty. Xiao Mai has nowhere to go and no money on her. She kneeled down and started to cry in front the house. Then, Jin waltz by and "tries" to comfort her. Naturally, she told him to beat it. So he slowly walked away. Then, Xiao Mai jumped up with her real crying turning into a fake one calling after Jin. (That scene is classic :lol ) Then, we see him trying to control the grin on his face.
It should be a sad scene, but it turned into a really funny one.

who's bashing her???
i love angela... ever since dolphin bay...
this one is more like a wacky role.. which is a change from the last role i saw her...
i want to see episode 2 ! whaaa...!!

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 25th, '07, 14:47

In response to Mack:
Her parents are going to Brazil because Huang Fu Xiong (the grandpa) wants them to. He gets upset that even though she is living on his estate, she is always going over to her parents house for meals. (He waited for her for dinner, then breakfast, and then threw a fit.) So, he met with the dad at the company and told the dad that he is a failure as an employee, having worked for 15 years without any/much advancement in job position. He is a failure as a father, unable to provide for his daughter. And he is a failure as a husband, not able to keep his wife housed and clothed in what she wants. And he offered the dad a "position" in Brazil, with money, house, and servants.
Angela is not the worst TW actress by any means, but I definitely like Barbie better. Most of the time, I really enjoy Angela's acting, but there are just these random moments that jut out really awkwardly.

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 25th, '07, 15:57

ethidda wrote:In response to Mack:
Her parents are going to Brazil because Huang Fu Xiong (the grandpa) wants them to. He gets upset that even though she is living on his estate, she is always going over to her parents house for meals. (He waited for her for dinner, then breakfast, and then threw a fit.) So, he met with the dad at the company and told the dad that he is a failure as an employee, having worked for 15 years without any/much advancement in job position. He is a failure as a father, unable to provide for his daughter. And he is a failure as a husband, not able to keep his wife housed and clothed in what she wants. And he offered the dad a "position" in Brazil, with money, house, and servants.
Angela is not the worst TW actress by any means, but I definitely like Barbie better. Most of the time, I really enjoy Angela's acting, but there are just these random moments that jut out really awkwardly.
How generous of the Grandpa, huh? Shipping them off to another country. Anyway, I'm just interested in seeing how Chun and Angela's relationship develops. Is she older than him?

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Sep 25th, '07, 16:33

uhmm...excuse me, i'm a little lost and a little worried because from what i just read this has just been a battle ground of some sorts, and i've got a question. I'd really like to ask where could i find the english subbed version of romantic princess? are those the ones posted in page 6 or 5 of this thread? thanks so much...(i feel as if i'm walking on thin ice... :)

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Sep 25th, '07, 16:33

uhmm...excuse me, i'm a little lost and a little worried because from what i just read this has just been a battle ground of some sorts, and i've got a question. I'd really like to ask where could i find the english subbed version of romantic princess? are those the ones posted in page 6 or 5 of this thread? thanks so much...(i feel as if i'm walking on thin ice... :)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 25th, '07, 16:38

shuurei wrote:I'd really like to ask where could i find the english subbed version of romantic princess? are those the ones posted in page 6 or 5 of this thread?
Nope. I uploaded the RAW torrents. DFS's version is out on veoh. The Sublimes torrent isn't out yet.

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Sep 25th, '07, 16:48

Puppet Princess wrote:
shuurei wrote:I'd really like to ask where could i find the english subbed version of romantic princess? are those the ones posted in page 6 or 5 of this thread?
Nope. I uploaded the RAW torrents. DFS's version is out on veoh. The Sublimes torrent isn't out yet.
thanks so much! i can't understand chinese, except wo ai ni. heehee. my broadband's just 1mb max so i don't think i could watch the subbed version on veoh. it'd take way too long. oh, well, wu chun is worth watching in any language so i'd stick with the raw, just what i did before with meteor garden. yup, i watched it in its original version.

thanks again!

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 25th, '07, 18:56

ethidda wrote:In response to Mack:
I was really trying to feel for Grandpa...I really was, but he's making it tough. Every time Xiao Mai turns her back he's doing something underhanded to keep her locked up.

But then again, I'm kind of upset with her parents for not putting more effort into encouraging her to give her new lifestyle and family a chance. I'm not saying they shouldn't see her at all, but how is she going to adjust to living with her Grandfather if she's turning up on their doorstep everyday.

Maybe I'm being a too irrational. It's been what two days since she moved into the mansion lol. :lol

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 25th, '07, 20:32

Puppet Princess wrote: Nope. I uploaded the RAW torrents. DFS's version is out on veoh. The Sublimes torrent isn't out yet.
Are you going to upload all the RAW torrents for Romantic Princess? Image please...

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Sep 25th, '07, 20:58

Angela Zhang's acting was A LOT WORSE than I thought it would be. I think it might just be that she's unfit for this role, is all, because I really expected it to be better. I didn't feel like her acting as bad in the first ep., but more in the second ep.

Wu Chun's acting is really good, though!

I think the plotline is pretty fast for a twdrama. Usually it takes a few episodes for people to transfer from enemies to friends/such.

I think it's pretty good overall, though.
Last edited by LukiaWhitney on Sep 26th, '07, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 25th, '07, 21:06

Episode 2 6thfeeling version.
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 25th, '07, 22:35

Puppet Princess: Thank you so much for the uploads! you are definitely an angel! Image

As for the acting... I usually like to wait till the 5th episode to decide. By then the cast has come together and are comfortable with each other.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 25th, '07, 22:43

Cammie wrote:As for the acting... I usually like to wait till the 5th episode to decide. By then the cast has come together and are comfortable with each other.
The show will be half over then though so naturally they should pull it together sooner. Who wants to watch a show where the actors finally get comfortable just before it ends?

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 25th, '07, 23:17

lol... you are right! Image Well, so far its good. Just moving a little slow on introducing the other male characters to the female lead. Considering it is only 10 episodes..
( this my opinionImage )

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 25th, '07, 23:30

I think so too. Way too much Chun. Not enough of the other boys.... then again I may be biased because I'm only watching for the other guys. :P

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 26th, '07, 00:35

There isn't enough Chun either. They focus too much on grandpa and the lavish lifestyle, and too little time on the boys. The boys, right now, look like bunch of F4-wannabe doing nothing productive except for hanging around lounge bars.

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 26th, '07, 01:38

Kumaxell wrote:There isn't enough Chun either. They focus too much on grandpa and the lavish lifestyle, and too little time on the boys. The boys, right now, look like bunch of F4-wannabe doing nothing productive except for hanging around lounge bars.
I think so too. I hope they start devoting more time to the rest of the cast. Right now Grandpa's getting all the air time lol. :crazy: :lol

I've seen the previews for episode 3 (someone at soompi was kind enough to give a brief synopsis :mrgreen: ) and I can't wait. I'm just happy to see more of the other guys in an episode. So maybe there's hope yet.
Mack wrote:How generous of the Grandpa, huh? Shipping them off to another country. Anyway, I'm just interested in seeing how Chun and Angela's relationship develops. Is she older than him?
In the soompi post, someone said that their character profiles list Xiao Mai as 18 and Jin as 21. I actually thought they were about the same age, but I guess not.

chubchub

Post by chubchub » Sep 26th, '07, 05:10

hi... sorry im abit behind...

but omygoodness now i see y u guys are so excited about this show...i just watched the 20min trailer and i now have no motivation to do my assignments :P i just wanna drop everything and stare at the tv blankly, adoring the actors whilst not having a clue what they are saying... but its so worth it tho yeh?? :P

cant wait for the subs :D and thanks heaps to both of the subbing teams for choosing to sub this drama!!!

you guys are all legends... goodluck with everything and once again a BIG THANKS TO ALL for their efforts and great choice of drama selections :D:D:D

cheers

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 26th, '07, 05:44

Ep 2 is out? Is there a dl link anywhere?

*hopes internet keeps working*

And that there's LOTS of calvin in ep 2....

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 26th, '07, 06:22

ali_sen wrote:And that there's LOTS of calvin in ep 2....
Sadly no.

Aletta

Post by Aletta » Sep 26th, '07, 06:28

Wher can search I the sub of this drama?
thanks!!! :D

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 26th, '07, 06:38

Kumaxell wrote:There isn't enough Chun either. They focus too much on grandpa and the lavish lifestyle, and too little time on the boys. The boys, right now, look like bunch of F4-wannabe doing nothing productive except for hanging around lounge bars.

i was thinking of the same thing. haha..
they look like f4, and chun as domyouji.
its funny how they all stick out together and have a drink.
just like how f4 was...

Rainie_Karen

Post by Rainie_Karen » Sep 26th, '07, 13:36

hey everyone : D
only found this thread just now, I'm really waiting for SUBlimes fansubs for Romantic Princess ^^
I know it's on veoh and youtube already, but I like downloading better. And I have to download anyway, because my computer is too slow for youtube, but when I download I can watch it on my laptop xD

Puppet Princess say, are you from AsianFanatics? I think I know you from somewhere, but i don't remember ~_~
Oh, maybe from Smiling Pasta? I think I often saw your name in the credits : )

and SUBlimes: If it's me you can just take your time subbing. First, because I also prefer good quality and second because I don't have much time to watch dramas at the moment anyway :cry:
But I'll surely take my time to watch Romantic Princess Ep 1 when it's out ; )

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 27th, '07, 15:10

YDY version just came out (with episode 1)! Can't wait to see it nice and big and clearly. Cross my fingers that there aren't any weird audio out-of-syncs or video strangeness. :)

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 28th, '07, 08:27

I read about Wu Chun & Angela @ soompi & want to share it with u.. :-)
Wu Zun Angela touched till feelings develop at Jin Shui Lou Tai..

Wu Zun and Angela acted together in “Romantic Princess”, actually had another ‘secret affair’ outside the show? In this 3 weeks, the relationship between this 2 people rises rapidly, there are many actions that have ‘good feelings’ and ‘ambiguous feelings’ were all discovered one by one, as Angela’s previous rumoured boyfriend was Yan Xing Shu, who was a national basketball player, Wu Zun is also a national basketball player in Brunei, people in the entertainment circle all laughed and teased, “To be in romance with Angela, there needs to be one criteria, that is national basketball player.”

Go for events together, show concern for one another
2 months ago, when both of them filmed in ‘Romantic Princess’, both parties are claimed they were not familiar, everyone else also agreed unanimously hat both parties have no interaction at all, until 3 weeks ago, Angela was being criticized for not going along with the schedule and cried, Wu Zun automatically called to comfort her. Their relationship started warming up, and people around then realized, “So they kept one another’s phone number!”

These recent weeks, 2 of them had been going for events together day and night, Angela will take the initiative to grab Wu Zun’s hands, and draw the Diamond gang sign, Wu Zun also automatically let her grab, it is obvious that their feelings has risen together with the ratings.

Not bothered by other’s view and touch each other
Last weekend, Angela actually touched Wu Zun’s hand in front of 10 over people, he also touched hers, both of them play ‘touching’, showing their good relationship, everyone beside were surprised, Wu Zun actually announced a few days ago, “Angela is a girl who touches one’s heart easily.”

Yesterday when 2 of them showed up for the rating celebration, they were forced to answer if they will announce their romance? Both of them actually just keep laughing and smiling foolishly, and when Wu Zun put on the ring for Angela, the host did not forget to remind them to put it on the ring finger. After he put it on for her, everyone immediately cheered, “Marry! Marry!” and both of them were blushing beetroot red.

As Angela’s ex-rumoured boyfriend, Yan Xing Shu went to China to play his professional basketball match, God has finally given the chance to Wu Zun, the interesting thing is, Yan Xing Shu was once Taiwan’s national basketball player, Wu Zun is also Brunei’s basketball player. We could see that Angela is so charming that, even basketball player can’t resist.

Translated by Tiffany
Credits: http://fahrenheit-globa1.actifforum.com

Source: http://asianfanatics.net/
so .. what do u think guys.. I think they look cute together.. I prefer Chun-Angela more than Chun-Ella.. :P

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Sep 28th, '07, 14:11

i'm hoping sublimes will sub this series.
delicious fansubs files are too big, 700++mb. :crazy:
i love this series :wub:

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Sep 28th, '07, 23:26

arabian wrote:I read about Wu Chun & Angela @ soompi & want to share it with u.. :-)
Wu Zun Angela touched till feelings develop at Jin Shui Lou Tai..

Wu Zun and Angela acted together in “Romantic Princess”, actually had another ‘secret affair’ outside the show? In this 3 weeks, the relationship between this 2 people rises rapidly, there are many actions that have ‘good feelings’ and ‘ambiguous feelings’ were all discovered one by one, as Angela’s previous rumoured boyfriend was Yan Xing Shu, who was a national basketball player, Wu Zun is also a national basketball player in Brunei, people in the entertainment circle all laughed and teased, “To be in romance with Angela, there needs to be one criteria, that is national basketball player.”

Go for events together, show concern for one another
2 months ago, when both of them filmed in ‘Romantic Princess’, both parties are claimed they were not familiar, everyone else also agreed unanimously hat both parties have no interaction at all, until 3 weeks ago, Angela was being criticized for not going along with the schedule and cried, Wu Zun automatically called to comfort her. Their relationship started warming up, and people around then realized, “So they kept one another’s phone number!”

These recent weeks, 2 of them had been going for events together day and night, Angela will take the initiative to grab Wu Zun’s hands, and draw the Diamond gang sign, Wu Zun also automatically let her grab, it is obvious that their feelings has risen together with the ratings.

Not bothered by other’s view and touch each other
Last weekend, Angela actually touched Wu Zun’s hand in front of 10 over people, he also touched hers, both of them play ‘touching’, showing their good relationship, everyone beside were surprised, Wu Zun actually announced a few days ago, “Angela is a girl who touches one’s heart easily.”

Yesterday when 2 of them showed up for the rating celebration, they were forced to answer if they will announce their romance? Both of them actually just keep laughing and smiling foolishly, and when Wu Zun put on the ring for Angela, the host did not forget to remind them to put it on the ring finger. After he put it on for her, everyone immediately cheered, “Marry! Marry!” and both of them were blushing beetroot red.

As Angela’s ex-rumoured boyfriend, Yan Xing Shu went to China to play his professional basketball match, God has finally given the chance to Wu Zun, the interesting thing is, Yan Xing Shu was once Taiwan’s national basketball player, Wu Zun is also Brunei’s basketball player. We could see that Angela is so charming that, even basketball player can’t resist.

Translated by Tiffany
Credits: http://fahrenheit-globa1.actifforum.com

Source: http://asianfanatics.net/
so .. what do u think guys.. I think they look cute together.. I prefer Chun-Angela more than Chun-Ella.. :P
WAIT... SO ARE THEY ENGAGED???!!!!!!!!!??!!?

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Sep 29th, '07, 00:29

Babyitshind wrote:
No..the ring was probably something they had to do for the celebration

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Sep 29th, '07, 00:55

wuzun is definitely cute. i just had to say XD

bambers06

Post by bambers06 » Sep 29th, '07, 04:11

OvertheRainbow wrote:
Babyitshind wrote:
No..the ring was probably something they had to do for the celebration
She bought it herself to reward herself for finishing her concert. :thumleft:

Dreamy.niv

Post by Dreamy.niv » Sep 29th, '07, 12:07

I've read the thread pages earlier on

o.O

all i can say this thread is like a battleground
Glad it is over.
who ever still thinks Delicious Fan Subs quality is not good.
Don't watch it then . :-) Wait for Sublime to share it.

:wub:
love this show .

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Sep 29th, '07, 15:23

I watched some parts of eps 2 today. haha,
Angela is dreaming about a fatso Wu Zun
Guess he had to use ping pong balls like Ella did. :lol

julicar23

Post by julicar23 » Sep 29th, '07, 23:15

waaahh, I really have no idea what you people are talking about... ah, wait, yeah its about Romantic Princess, hehehe... haven't watch yet, because I'm still waiting for SUBlime and still busy at school, but if I can't take it anymore (my drooling over Chun) then I'm going to watch DFS's version... :) doesn't matter whose version of drama I watch as long as it has english subs...I love all the subbers, and all the fansub groups because they're doing it for free and for their love to all the bishies (<-Doremii) :D and I love Wu Chun very much (well, & obviously YamaPi, hahaha) :D

*nothing important to say or to add about RP (haven't seen yet), just wanted to post something*

caffienejunkie

Post by caffienejunkie » Sep 30th, '07, 01:47

i watched the first episode and absolutely loved it. I can't wait until SUBlimes releases it :lol . and I don't usually like Tw dramas this much, because I tend to feel that the actors and actresses overact. And I'm REALLY happy that Angela is acting in this. To be honest, I never liked Ariel. Or Ella. And Rainie tends to get on my nerves (She's really the only one that I can bear to watch out of the 3, but I still don't think she's that great. Just cute). Ella might have been okay in The Rose, but I only watched a part of the first episode, so I can only really judge her by Hana Kimi. Maybe it's more the type of shows that bother me, instead of the actors. I have to say that Chun's acting didn't really impress me before this (always seemed fake), but now I actually believe him :). It seems like he's really improved since starting RP. He is sooooooo hot, though. Maybe I can add him to the list of Tw actors/actresses that I like : Vic Zhou, Barbie, and that guy that stars opposite to Barbie in Corner with Love ^^. Maybe I'll add Angela to the list as well :)

Question for you DoReMi and/or SUBlime subbers: I tend to have technical problems with the videos released. I go to My Computer to click on the file to open it, and then a window pops up and says Windows explorer has made an error and has to close. A guy on Soompi once said it might be because... the first frame of the video was messed up or something... I can't really recall exactly what he said. But my My Lucky Star, hotaru no Hikari, and Why Why Love files all do this. Usually I can open the file anyways and then have the windows close after, but sometimes everything I have open on my computer just closes. It's kind of irritating. Is there any way I can fix this? It's mostly the Tw series on my computer that cause this problem, so i figured I'd ask :)

But from the looks of the first episode, this series will be good. So many sexy bishies...
:w00t: :wub: *melt*

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 30th, '07, 03:48

The guy in CWL was Alan Luo, aka "Little Piggy" or "Xiao Zhu". He's awesome, although not that handsome (in my opinion). He had to grow on me as a character.

I haven't ran across your problem with the videos. Which version of Windows are you using? Your problem does sound like a "bad index" problem... but I'm not that good with video technicalities. My best advice would be to disable video previewing in your windows explorer (unless there's a serious reason you need it). It solves a lot of problems (especially when [re]moving videos). It's slightly hack-ish, but there are tutorials on the web if you google it.

caffienejunkie

Post by caffienejunkie » Sep 30th, '07, 04:12

Yeah, he had to grow on me, too. But he just got so adorable...

Though personally I think Barbie's getting a bit old to be playing some of the roles she's been getting... I need to get back on topic

I use Windows XP. I wouldn't mind losing the preview thing, as long as it would only remove it for video files, but I'd like to try other things first. Don't know how to do that anyway--it'd take some research :)

Heh, after I watched the first ep of RP, I couldn't stop because the preview of Ep 2 and the Chun/Zhang moment. I had to resort to watching/skimming through ep 2 raw (I tried to skim so there would still be stuff I haven't seen when the subs are eventually released :-) ) But those two are so cute together! I love it.

Wen Jing

Post by Wen Jing » Oct 1st, '07, 03:49

Romantic Princess Episode 03

http://down.gogobox.com.tw/stickwitu/68uu

Enjoy!!!

chateu86

Post by chateu86 » Oct 1st, '07, 13:38

anyone know...if SUBlimes going to sub this series, is that a hardsub or softsub?

FrozenSkye

Post by FrozenSkye » Oct 1st, '07, 13:51

chateu86 wrote:anyone know...if SUBlimes going to sub this series, is that a hardsub or softsub?
Please don't ask questions like that without reading the thread first. Refer to page 7 for the answer to your question.

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 1st, '07, 13:51

chateu86 wrote:anyone know...if SUBlimes going to sub this series, is that a hardsub or softsub?
Yes they'll release Hardsub only.. ethidda correct me if I'm wrong.. :-)

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 1st, '07, 15:12

you're right. We'll be releasing hardsubs to the YDY version (as far as I know). I am so happy that YDY came out with RP. I still prefer YDY to 6feeling in the end.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Oct 1st, '07, 17:31

besides icefish, ydy and 6feelings, are there any more groups releasing raws? so far i think ydy has the best quality. but then it doesnt have the ending theme.. >_< which vids do you guys keep?

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 2nd, '07, 00:10

Yes, there are other groups that regularly releases raws. You can search (if you can type chinese) on btchina.com. There is one group in particular that is releasing RP in .scm format, which I cannot get to play on my various media players (and really, can't be bothered to fuss around with it).

Personally, I keep YDY, because it has the highest resolution and the best compression. Sometimes, it has strange audio-video sync problems (such as in certain MLS episodes), and then I either do 6feeling, or if 6feeling is not releasing it, icefish. Or, I go to China and buy a copy of it. :P

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Oct 2nd, '07, 01:32

Woot! Ep 3 looks good...

Episode 4 looks like it will be GREAT... as it has a shirtless Calvin in it...

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 2nd, '07, 01:50

ali_sen wrote:Woot! Ep 3 looks good...

Episode 4 looks like it will be GREAT... as it has a shirtless Calvin in it...

KYAAA! am totally excited. :)

Unfortunately, I haven't even watched episode 3 yet. The original plan was to skip the first class in the morning to watch it, but I didn't manage to get my hands on the YDY torrent until this morning, and then I'm behind a firewall, so I couldn't get my download speeds up immediately. But it's sitting on my computer at home (I'm "working" at a computer lab right now)... and I'll be watching it in two hours.

w00t~!

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Oct 2nd, '07, 02:05

Oh... I didn't dl it either... where is the YDY link again?

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 2nd, '07, 02:33

here you go, torrents for eps 2 and 3.
Attachments

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Oct 2nd, '07, 03:09

Hurray! Many thanks :)

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 2nd, '07, 05:56

The problem with YDY (with RP in particular) is that there is no opening, no ending, no preview, and the video is interlaced! If you re-encode it (as with a hardsub), then the interlacing can be deinterlaced. Otherwise, if you're like me, it drives you nuts!!!

But ep 3 was good. Still a bit fast, but the scene that I was really looking forward to was in there. And WZ is growing on me again. Although, Calvin still has the sweetest smile that I've seen (rivaling that of Nicholas Teo, but he wasn't a very good actor).

Anyways, good show. Can't wait until next eppi!! Yum, Calvin! (And WZ looks like he's playing the evil guy.)

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Oct 2nd, '07, 06:03

I know!!! I can't wait for next ep!!

Which scene is the one you were looking for?

calvin is SO freaking amazingly adorable!! *melts* :wub:

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 2nd, '07, 06:16

I was looking for the scene where
Angela is lying after she has fainted and wakes up to see WZ taking care of her. Then, she decides to get it over with and tell him that she told Emp that she likes him (WZ). WZ puts together all the pieces--he told Calvin once that Calvin seems to be watching a good play, Calvin asking to hang out with Angela, etc.--and tells Angela that she's doing it to get back at him. And she says yes. And he tells her to rescind her request from Emp. And she says she won't (while privately thinking she can't because she already took Calvin's money). Finally, he just looks at her and then says that she'll be the one regretting it in the end.

Oh, and Calvin was funny, when Angela told her that she'd like to call it off. At first, he says no, but the he suddenly becomes super nice and understanding and says Angela can stop the acting at any time--as long as she gave him back the money. (Which she already gave Emp.) hehe.

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Oct 2nd, '07, 08:06

hehe yea... I like that part.

I actually like Wu zun playing a meanie. And calvin is of course, poor heart-melting love :D

this forum totally needs a drooly face...

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 2nd, '07, 15:13

ethidda wrote:There is one group in particular that is releasing RP in .scm format, which I cannot get to play on my various media players (and really, can't be bothered to fuss around with it).
It's a screen capture file. You need special software to play it... though I don't think it's worth the effort because that sounds a little questionable on the quality.

aznbabeii

Post by aznbabeii » Oct 4th, '07, 13:24

i was just wondering if sublimes was still going to sub this series.
cause im reading all this good stuff, ehehehe.
but if you are then i can happily wait :D

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 4th, '07, 14:56

aznbabeii wrote:i was just wondering if sublimes was still going to sub this series.
cause im reading all this good stuff, ehehehe.
but if you are then i can happily wait :D
Yes, we are still subbing this.

Dreamy.niv

Post by Dreamy.niv » Oct 5th, '07, 16:28

I just watch EP3 . can't wait for EP4 =D
Some part i don't really understand.somehow I have to wait for sublime to sub it then :)

this is a bit out of topic.but what is RAW and the rest that others mention? O.o